Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

8th day sick, need advice ASAP
Posted by: kiki_day ()
Date: February 23, 2009 08:43PM

I've been through a bunch of medicine but I'm still sick with a cold. I'd like to try to juice this cold out of my system. My nose is congested but it's mostly my chest and cough that is driving me crazy. After 9 boxes of kleenex how much more mucus can I have in me??? (Geez!) Any advice on what to juice and how much to do? I want this out of me!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 8th day sick, need advice ASAP
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: February 23, 2009 11:13PM

what about just drinking water?

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 24, 2009 02:04AM

Right. Providing you are not experiencing acute detox (distracting pain) I find light exercise, sunlight, staying warm, rest, and eating nothing will remedy many illnesses. While an attitude of acceptance also helps. Just some thoughts.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 24, 2009 03:34AM

I agree with both fresh and David. Getting lots of rest and sleep at this time when your body is trying to heal will help make the process go as fast as possible. Eating less or nothing will also help a lot.

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: February 24, 2009 03:35AM

Kiki, try neti pots. They are a bit tedious at first, but once you get the hang of it you wont want to go without. They will clear up your mucus very quickly.
You can find some videos on You Tube about them, or google. Ancent yogic technique of nasal rinsing.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 24, 2009 03:36AM

Or maybe try warm water with a little lemon juice.

Or fresh-squeezed orange juice. Mmmmm.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: February 24, 2009 05:30AM

kiki, You will have to run it out but some things that should help: You can sweeten with your choice of sweetner.
1. Hot water with lemon as stated above.
2. Tea made with Feverfew for the coughing.
3. Tea made w/ 1/4 teaspoon of Fenugreek seeds for the congestion/mucus.

You might want to stop taking over-the-counter medicine as that just stops the symptoms and keeps the mucus from being expelled.

Also, minimize your eating as that just puts more stress on your body which is trying to expel toxins.

Good luck. Therese

Posted by: Dirawk ()
Date: February 24, 2009 07:21AM

fasting and fresh spring water which you gather from the source is what comes to mind. spend five dollars on the book the mucusless diet for some of the best sickness advice in my opinion. good luck.

Posted by: cleanjan ()
Date: February 24, 2009 05:31PM

Also, to add, gargle with 1/2 strength hydrogen peroxide.It also cleanses your teeth! Vitamin c and Zinc, if you are not opposed to supplements. Be well! Janice

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: February 25, 2009 07:07AM

listen to the person with the neti pot.

seriously. neti pot saved my LIFE!!

when i first heard about it i was like no way i am not sticking anything up my nose... but then i got so sick that i tried it and it totally healed me. use it. it is AWESOME! if it wasn't for the neti pot man... idk..

anyway just get the neti pot.

then, put in like a little less then 1/4 tsp of baking soda, and 1/4 iodized salt. i think it's iodized. the white salt. they sell special neti pot salt too, but i think it's the same thing.

anyway try it. it sounds weird, but it's not even close to as bad as it sounds. =)

good luck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables