Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
bad news sad smiley
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: July 23, 2009 07:23AM

I went to the dinner party last night and had a spinach salad. The salad had some dressing on it. I think it had alot of sugar in it. It was really sweet. Anyway it kept me up all last night and I had some inflamation. I had 2 poos this morrning 1 at 4 am and then one at 8am. I usally have 2 poos in the morrning 1 early like at 6 and then 1 at 9 or 10. I have these if I am taking meds or not.

any way in the poo at 4 am there was mucus,(quite a bit). There was no blood thankfully. I havent had this for 6 weeks. sad smiley

I feel really low and ill. I even tried to phone in for work. Im not ill just stressed and tired. Ive been awake since 4 am.

My second poo at 8 15 pm was normal. no blood no inflamation sign.

Could it just be the dressing full of sugar or is my raw foods diet not working. I know this does not work for everyone

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: bad news sad smiley
Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 23, 2009 07:41AM

calm down

this isnt a magic wand, I had tonnes of flares, bleeding, being bedridden etc whilst healing..

everything takes time

probably the dressing has irritated you

a few bm and a bit of mucus..isnt a flare.. calm down. you will make yourself ill!!

simplify your food down, lots of water and rest

you need to RELAX sweetie!!

take it easy ok!

Date: July 23, 2009 07:57AM

yes I know I panic, I dont know why. i was panicing at 6 am this morrning. I get worried i'll lose my job and i feel that im not coping with london at the moment. It just when your healing and your jumping from tub to bus to tub. It seems so much, I cant stand rush hour it seems to take away all my energy.I hate being hemed in with all those people. I hate it. sometimes i wait at platforms for ages so that I can get a clear train.

My husband and I have decided to get the flat in bexhill. He thinks that I will be more relaxed near the sea. I know i will be. I never even had this illness until I came to london. Maybe this is why Paul Nison moved to Florida and got away from the city

Date: July 23, 2009 08:39AM

Im so glad you are on this forum rawdanceruk. Thanks

Date: July 23, 2009 09:07AM

your welcome sweetie

hope everything goes well with the move smiling smiley

know what you mean about london, I love it..but far happier living away!! ..relaxed pace of life!

are you staying home to rest today?

Date: July 23, 2009 09:23AM

No Im supose to do an all day shift. Ive been doing all days while I have been trying to heal. Is that advisable. probably not

Date: July 23, 2009 09:51AM

you have to do what is right for YOU

I work 45 hour weeks plus university.. but.. you really have to assess whats working and not working in your routine!

Date: July 23, 2009 09:56AM

I would be ok if I had slept. I do these hours all the time. Its just when I don't sleep I fall apart. I feel fragile when i dont sleep, and vernable.

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: July 23, 2009 11:15AM

I agree with rawdancer. You haven't been on the diet very long, and while it has been very healing to you so far, I'm sure the stress, combined with the salad dressing ingredients was simply too much for your healing system. It's not the end of the world. Remember next time to request no dressing or fresh lemons or "dressing on the side" if you don't want to look as conspicuous. You did great, and I'm so very sorry that you are suffering so much right now. Hang in there and get your rest and start back on the diet. You WILL be fine, I promise. {{Hugs}}

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: July 23, 2009 12:12PM

Yes, order no dressing! No dressing!!!

smiling smiley

Feel better soon.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 23, 2009 03:39PM

Hellokitty

Could it just be the dressing full of sugar or is my raw foods diet not working.
IMO good digestion has a lot to do with the foods that a person eats and the way they eat them (food combining, timing). This food aspect of digestion can be improved by eating simple fresh raw foods well timed for sequence and with an eye on waiting for a slight hunger signal before eating more food. This can go a long way to help digestion but there's also the mental aspect of good digestion. I think that if a person is stressed and has a knot in their stomach it will adversely effect digestion.

I know this does not work for everyone
I know we are all different in so many ways but we are also similar in some common basics that make us a species. Imo healthy eating and relaxation will result in better digestion and health for everyone in the human species. I like the way Herbert Shelton put it when he said "provide the conditions for good health and good heath will result". Try to relax and eat simple fresh raw foods and give the process a chance to work.
Good luck.

Date: July 23, 2009 05:08PM

I did come home in the end. I know my job will not be happy. but there is nothing I can do. I also did something that was highly not recommended by Paul Nison.

What I did was: As the salad was not enough for me. I deicide to eat when I got home. It was about 11 pm when I got in. I made some quick zucchini pasta with some olives and a couple of bananas ,and then went strait to bed. My heart races when I eat just before I go to bed so I couldn’t sleep until midnight. Would this create mucus? Is that why Paul is so big on the day light diet?

Date: July 23, 2009 05:19PM

Would this create mucus?

I would think the mucus was more likely a result of food combining & complexity and possibly eating the second meal to close timewise to the first meal.

Date: July 23, 2009 05:41PM

are you able to simplify your food??

I know I keep saying this, but I really think its the way forward

Date: July 23, 2009 05:49PM

rawdanceruk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> are you able to simplify your food??
>
> I know I keep saying this, but I really think its
> the way forward

Yes but how do you mean simplyfiy. Im trying to eat nothing but fruit in the morning. Then in the after noon have a saland so 1- 1.30. Then at 3pm have more fruit.Then dinner as the final meal which is usually zucchini pasta. Some times it gets confusing when I feel like I need more or that I havent had engouh calories. Today Ive kept it really simple

fruit morrning

salad

then 1 bowl of cherries

then zucchini pasta.

Date: July 23, 2009 06:21PM

The simplest eating is the mono meal. There are two ways to eat a mono meal:

1) Eat one food and eat enough to get a satiety signal from your body. For example eat a banana. Then if you want to eat more have another banana etc until you don't feel like having any more bananas. End of meal.

2) Eat a series of small mono meals eating the same food for a fairly long period of time. For example I like to eat watermelon in season as a series of small mono meals with a pause between meals for the first 4 or 5 hours of my day. When I don't feel like eating any more watermelon I wait for a return of hunger signal and then eat some other food. I find that method #2 works well with fresh carrot juice during the winter. The trick to making method #2 work is sensitivity in listening to your body signals desire for some food as opposed to mindless non-stop eating.

Date: July 23, 2009 06:34PM

nail on the head smiling smiley

what ez said. mono meal.

Date: July 23, 2009 07:13PM

The method #2 i mentioned in my post above is a learned skill that reminds me of downhill skiing. The skier learns to use the moguls & the slope to turn and with practice becomes very graceful moving down the slope. Timing an extended mono meal is that same kind of skillful moving through the first few hours of eating everyday. Once you get the rhythm it become a just on time, in sync rhythm, that is closer to CR then it is to mindless eating.

Date: July 23, 2009 07:57PM

ok lets try the mono meal thing. but would you eat one kind of food for the entire day.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 23, 2009 08:04PM

Hellokitty Wrote:
> ok lets try the mono meal thing. but would you eat
> one kind of food for the entire day.

What? Who said anything about the entire day?

You eat one food and eat it together. It's not good and there is no advantage to always mixing foods and do recipes etc. and it's something I've never done.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: July 23, 2009 08:15PM

I don't think bananas combine well with zucchini. The olives are high fat, too, and you ate them with sweet fruit.

Try to eat your zucchini pasta, if ever, as the last meal of the day, AFTER your fruit digests.

Date: July 23, 2009 08:26PM

SuperInfinity Wrote:
> Hellokitty Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ok lets try the mono meal thing. but would you
> eat
> > one kind of food for the entire day.
>
> What? Who said anything about the entire day?
>
> You eat one food and eat it together. It's not
> good and there is no advantage to always mixing
> foods and do recipes etc. and it's something I've
> never done.

yea sorry im a bit thick of course you would eat 1 food like bananas until you are full and then that ends the meal then you change your food so you would eat something like grapes until your full. then that would end that meal.

The only reason why I eat high fat foods is so i have engouh energy for work. I feel like if I ate plums for lunch I would be eating them all day and I wouldent be engouh.

So if i plan this I would need to reach 1500 calories to function at work.

Date: July 23, 2009 08:34PM

Hellokitty

ok lets try the mono meal thing. but would you eat one kind of food for the entire day.

As i mentioned above method #2 requires more skill so I would not try that until you have more experience with raw and with mono meals.

That leaves method #1 which is a very simple way to eat. It is based on one meal not the whole day, week, month, or year. You just eat one food for one meal. The next meal is a new and different meal and can be another mono meal eating a different food or it can be a complicated meal consisting of many foods. But a mono meal just has one food in it and its duration is just one meal long. If I could edit this thread I would remove my posts because I don't want to confuse you. It would be better if you would just disregard my posts until you have more experience with the raw food lifestyle. I'm sorry for confusing you.

Date: July 23, 2009 08:47PM

EZ rider Wrote:
> Hellokittyok lets try the mono meal thing. but
> would you eat one kind of food for the entire
> day.
>
> As i mentioned above method #2 requires more skill
> so I would not try that until you have more
> experience with raw and with mono meals.
>
> That leaves method #1 which is a very simple way
> to eat. It is based on one meal not the whole day,
> week, month, or year. You just eat one food for
> one meal. The next meal is a new and different
> meal and can be another mono meal eating a
> different food or it can be a complicated meal
> consisting of many foods. But a mono meal just has
> one food in it and its duration is just one meal
> long. If I could edit this thread I would remove
> my posts because I don't want to confuse you. It
> would be better if you would just disregard my
> posts until you have more experience with the raw
> food lifestyle. I'm sorry for confusing you.

so what i will do tomorrow is start in the morning. I will have about 10 bananas (or as many as it stops me feeling hungry) instead of 6 bananas and my plums. i'll have to have my salad for lunch because I have lots of salad stuff. Then for dinner I can have lots of zucchini pasta, yumm.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 23, 2009 09:33PM

HelloKitty, I love your posts and to see how you're coping and how well you're doing. smiling smiley Do not be at all afraid of eating too much raw food. Raw food doesn't even contain the calories its supposed to because many of them just go through the system unassimilated, unlike cooked food. Things like Zucchini are of course technically raw or most of it is, however if you look at that Russian lady and all her recipes she's not too healthy is she... so I don't know HelloKitty. Those things can be full of heavy oils and fats etc... eating right is *hard*, it's almost like a job. If you really want spectacular results, try eating only what you'd find yourself in nature.

If you feel like stuffing yourself on it, then do that. Even if you feel you are constantly eating, keep it up. The next day then you mightn't want to eat at all or might want to eat very little, but you should also make sure you eat a good amount that day as well because otherwise you'll get temptations for the cooked food or even the Zucchini spaghetti etc. I had chilli-peanuts today, so I'm not perfect either, but "lots of zucchini spaghetti" makes me just feel a bit wary.

You really, really do eat more than fat people if you're fully raw. Cows, etc. graze nearly all day to keep up their weight, dogs and cats have only a small weight to maintain. I live in Ireland and when I was in primary (elementary) school I remember our headmaster telling us about how fat people were getting in America and how some people were so fat they almost never stopped eat and how it was all due to a lack of discipline, laziness etc. I had no idea in my mind that's I'd actually be stuffing myself in the same way, but full of raw fruit/vegetables! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2009 09:34PM by SuperInfinity.

Posted by: veganreikiangel ()
Date: July 24, 2009 03:59AM

Fat people dont necessarily eat alot. Ive been fat most of my life, and when Im eating cooked foods, etc...over a whole day I dont eat much. I just lump most of it into the evening...that was my problem. Also lots of fat people eat high fat things, or they eat fairly small meals but dont get any exercise...etc...there are many reasons. Just thought Id point that out...
John

Date: July 24, 2009 07:40AM

what ex rider said

mono eat

no reason why you cant eat 2000-3000 this way!

...fat will drain your energy and make you feel sluggish

Date: July 24, 2009 12:38PM

yes i can see why fat makes you sluggish. I find avocado very soothing to the gut though.

How many calories is in the average banana?

Date: July 24, 2009 01:37PM

dependant on size- 80-100 for average UK supermarket nana!

Date: July 24, 2009 01:41PM

Wow bananas are such a fablous fruit. Packed with cals and carbs. no wonder why monkeys go wild over this fruit

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables