Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

power bar recipies
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: July 24, 2009 09:39PM

We will be going to Scotland next week. im wondering if you guys know of any quick and easy power par recipes I can make. I dont yet have a dehydrator and the book i have say to use one.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: power bar recipies
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: July 25, 2009 09:58AM

sorry, I don't know of any non-dehydrator recipes, but just wanted to mention you can get Lara Bars (raw energy bars) in most of the larger Sainsbury's lately. Handy for travelling smiling smiley

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 25, 2009 03:39PM

they have fruit in scotland you know hehe smiling smiley

Date: July 25, 2009 04:06PM

True rawdanceruk very true.

Do you think I should take a back pack full of it. I am serious I feel like I would need 20 bananas 20 plumbs maybe 2 punnets of strawberries plus my salad for lunch. I get really hungry even when im sitting on my butt all day.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 25, 2009 04:14PM

i don't have a dehydrator either. a lot of those recipes work fine for truffles you know, just roll them in crushed nuts or shredded coconut or cinnamon or cocoa powder or whatever if they are too sticky. using a base of dates and/or raisins and mixing in whatever chopped up nuts and seeds you want, spices, vanilla, etc, you can make lots of flavours. though i would get so sick eating tons of that. trail mix works a bit better for me.

check out these "Lara bar" recipes here, just a food processor needed.
[enlightenedcooking.blogspot.com]

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 25, 2009 05:58PM

whereabouts are u going??

are you camping or something??-you didnt say!

Date: July 25, 2009 08:14PM

Were going to Killin. Were not camping which Im happy about. I don't think I would have the energy yet for camping. Were staying in a cottage. smiling smiley I should distress when I go there.

I did have a weird UC experience last time I went to Scotland. It was before my UC was diagnosed, but I was still having symptoms. I was having blood every day but a small amount. The doctor told me it was hemmriods. When I went to Scotland and started hiking around the symptoms disappeared. Strange. I was still eating potatoes, fish, haggis, goats cheese things like that. By the end of the trip I was really regular and had no blood. But as soon as I returned to London the symptoms came back.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 25, 2009 08:29PM

>The doctor told me it was hemmriods. When I went to Scotland and started hiking around the symptoms disappeared. Strange. I was still eating potatoes, fish, haggis, goats cheese things like that. By the end of the trip I was really regular and had no blood. But as soon as I returned to London the symptoms came back.<

That kind of makes sense to me-- you were getting more exercise. People who sit a lot get hemmoroids and bowel problems. A lot of things clear up just from getting exercise and getting outdoors. (Note to self: get outdoors more!)

Have a good grip! I'm going camping next week myself, for 8 days, on an island surrounded by ocean-- my husband and I go there every summer for a couple of camping trips. I will take lots of dried fruit and nuts, and some avocados. I'm considering making my own raw fruit and seed (or coconut) bars.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 25, 2009 08:52PM

mmm cocout bars. i adore coconut. how do you make those

Date: July 25, 2009 09:21PM

i think you could sub shredded coconut for some or all of the ground nuts in any of the recipes in that link i posted.

Date: July 25, 2009 09:46PM

Thanks coco that is a really good web page

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 26, 2009 01:46AM

Hellokitty,

I think kwan is right about its having been the exercise, but I also think it was about the stress. Or lack of it; I imagine hiking in Scotland must have been heavenly. Whereas it is obvious you really dislike LDN city life. That is going to have a specific impact on your digestive health. Please have as much serene fun time as possible at your cottage--it should really help!

Date: July 27, 2009 08:17PM

Thanks coco.

I have just made lots of Lara bars. With these my salads and lots of fruit. I think I will be fine. I cant wait to go. last time I went to Scotland I forgot about everything in my life. It is so breath taking and beautiful you just forget about jobs, UC, (and I hope to esecially forget about UC)

Date: July 27, 2009 08:20PM

you made some? do you like them? which is your fave and why? give us a review!!

have a Gorgeous time!

Date: July 27, 2009 09:24PM

Ok I will let you know. i had to alter some of the recipes, as I could not find dehydrated blueberries that were not infused with sugar. So I found organic pineapple, organic raisins and organic dried figs. There is so much fruit which is dehydrated and companies ruin it by adding sugar and sulphur dioxide

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables