Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Surprise Benefits of Eating Raw Food
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: November 30, 2009 03:36AM

Luvyuu commented about being happy about the experiences others were having with raw food (despite not experiencing much benefit personally) in the thread on "What I am dealing with." That made me think about what benefits I have experienced.

Besides the ones that people often mention, I have noticed that I am sleeping through the night. THAT IS A BIG DEAL! For many years (decades?) I would wake up at night and not be able to fall back asleep. Rather than get frustrated, I'd just find something to do until I did get tired. One night I was wallpapering the bathroom at 3:00 am when my husband came in. He just shook his head and went back to sleep. All these years I figured that not sleeping well had something to do with hormones or that it just was how I was. However, since eating raw I have been sleeping through the night. I don't know what it has to do with diet, but could it be coincidental that it has improved since I started eating raw food?

Also, I am finding that I am breathing through my nostrils more because lately my nasal passages are not blocked. All my life I thought I was allergic to some mold, pollen or dust and that was the reason for my congestion. But again, since eating raw, my sinuses are clearer (although not completely). That doesn't seem to be a coincidence either.

Am I attributing these benefits to raw food and they aren't causal?

Have others found surprise benefits of eating raw food?

My favorite raw vegan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Surprise Benefits of Eating Raw Food
Posted by: morgenjune ()
Date: November 30, 2009 03:55AM

Thats awesome! I've only been completely raw for two weeks now (except for coffee and teas) and I cant wait to start experiencing all those amazing benefits!

nomnomnomnom...!

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: November 30, 2009 09:10AM

RV diet brought about huge changes in my life.
I started to notice a pattern of being drawn back to cooked, in times of great stress or grief after loosing someone.
When adding cooked, troublesome symptoms would return.
When i returned to raw the symptoms would disappear.
I did a little yo yo raw/ cooked for a while.
I'm glad that this happened, as it allowed me to truly experience the benefits of a raw diet and commit to it.

I'm so pleased that you are experiencing such a dramatic shift in your sleeping pattern. You have to do it to experience the benefits. Its amazing.

Raw has helped clear chronic symptoms for me.
The main gift that i appreciate is my connectedness to all things and my ability to remain wholly present and clear.
ffx

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: November 30, 2009 12:20PM

Trive -

We are in the (long) process of a home remodel, & have been working on the bathroom off & on; How are your wallpapering skills, lol?

You mentioned about your sinuses; Pre-raw, I suffered from severe, & I mean severe sinus problems/blockage as well as terrible accompanying headaches. Now, they are completely gone.

I haven't had ANY sinus problems for so long, I can't remember when I had the last flare up. The blockages would go on or weeks, & I would resort to hot showers, saline rinses, you name it.

I got a bit of relief from those, but nothing permanent, until all raw. Go figure...

I would also so my skin is very clear now, my hair is a dark brown, which I am mentioning because all/most of the males in my family have turned about half gray by my age.

RAW RULES!!!! XD

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: November 30, 2009 01:32PM

That's amazing Trive. What wonderful benefits you are having. Maybe raw also makes you more relaxed and gives you peace so you can sleep through the night. That's wonderful about your congestion too. Sounds like your body did some get house cleaning and now your reaping the benefits. Enjoysmiling smiley

I find that I'm at peace on raw for the most part. It makes me more of how I'm in control over my emotions. It makes me feel good, and happy. I never really felt that before raw. Before, I just felt numb. I guess I just feel alive and I'm ready to experience life and learn how to be a better person for the people around me and all over the world.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: November 30, 2009 03:31PM

Because of the absence of a stuffed up nose its easy to breathe and not notice the difference but hey -- big difference. Also I don't have an overweight problem anymore and I have never been more regular in bowel health then I am now. smiling smiley

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: November 30, 2009 04:25PM

I was just thinking about how a thread like this one causes me to stop and take notice of the changes in my life since going raw.
Every time I do this I am grateful for the raw benefits and I also re-commit to raw. Viva la raw.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: November 30, 2009 06:30PM

Trive,
Interesting part about sleep! I myself had the problem of getting TOO much sleep, but that it never was refreshing! I just finished a short fast of about 1 3/4 day. Breaking it with a small fresh fruit plate. This weekend I got so much rest. I laid down alot, with my mind kind of blank, but awake, until there was something which was urgent to be addressed and instantly my mind was clear and focused. Interesting because at first i thought there was something wrong.

I alternately went in and out of sleep, but each time is was restorative. Now today the world seems so much more beautiful. its amazing that even though its dark, cool, wet and cloudy as usual, it doesn't feel like an awful aboding thing.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 01, 2009 07:14PM

When I drink juice (usually green veggies + apples) I just feel better. I like life more on days that I juice. smiling smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 02, 2009 03:57PM

i notice it most when i am in nature
the ability to just soak and soak it all in
the smell of cedar, the taste of the air, the trill of the birds
ring so clearly and fragrantly

i also like that people seem to be nicer
yeah, that sounds strange
but its true

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: December 02, 2009 04:57PM

Morgenjune--
That raw food picture is gorgeous and looks delicious!

One of the greatest benefits, for me, of raw food is that I'm much more open to others, and less likely to take offense, pick a fight, or polarize. When I went off the diet in the early '90s for a short while (long story-- never mind!) to try Paleo diet, oh boy!!, I got cranky real fast, and began to notice an increasing impatience and tendency to complain and find fault much more easily. When I went back to raw I became much calmer and more centered very quickly.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: eecho ()
Date: December 02, 2009 07:00PM

I was surprised and pleased to have sexual anxiety greatly reduced.

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: December 02, 2009 10:37PM

no more back pain
no more glasses
no more asthma inhalor

smiling smiley

Date: December 03, 2009 01:47AM

lisa m,
That is amazing no more glasses? no contacts either? No back pain, my partner could really use that. No more asthma, my nephew could use that.

Posted by: poetree ()
Date: December 03, 2009 03:50AM

Hi Trive,

That is so true. There are such benefits when eating raw food and guess what? There are much, much more. Yes, how about being in total control of your emotions, clearer skin (a glow) no more acne (hey), hair growth, weight dropping, mucus reduction, a better vocal chord for singing and better agility... just to hit on a few things. And what perfectly goes with eating raw is an early, every morning exercise. Check out my blog on that at <www.myspace.com/alwordlaw>. If you want me to post it here then let me know because it helps the raw food purpose... I eat 80% raw because I still enjoy veggie soups and I eat oatmeal/grits sometimes. I put a little apple juice in my oatmeal or grits sometimes, with cashew nuts (ummm) and wheat toast. I occasionally eat very small portions of beans. Is there a way to eat red beans or pinto beans raw? Anyway, Eating raw alleviates so many ailments and illnesses. It's worth a much better life. We newbies just need to get more used to eating raw. I'd like to see what the people look like that eat 100% raw. Please, show some results. Post some pics. Don't be shy...

poetree

Date: December 03, 2009 03:56AM

eecho Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was surprised and pleased to have sexual anxiety
> greatly reduced.

Oh no, not that! 'twas just the opposite for me...

poetree

Date: December 03, 2009 10:56AM

poetree Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> eecho Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I was surprised and pleased to have sexual
> anxiety
> > greatly reduced.

lisa m is on point as well: eye sight becomes much better and believe this, it helps to control Type II Diabetes as long as there is some exercise involved like that early morning work out that I mentioned earlier.

poetree

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: December 03, 2009 11:23AM

poetree,

I've heard that raw black beans are poisonous and will make you very very ill. I'm not sure about the pinto beans, but be very careful with them and cook the black ones if you eat themsmiling smiley

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: December 03, 2009 06:58PM

Hi Mizlu
yes it's true, although I must say my glasses were never very strong, it's not like I was dependant on them all the time, more for driving, cinema etc. And I did sungazing a while back as well, so that might account for it also.

Date: December 04, 2009 02:31AM

Hey, I noticed something this morning. When I got out of the car I didn't reach for the above the head handgrip. I usually do a sort of body wobble and pivot in conjunction with the handgrip. But instead I just did a simple turn with my feet, placed them on the ground, and simply stood up, it just took a very minimal effort. It felt much more graceful. I guess its because I lost some weight, but maybe there are some other changes in the muscles, joints, bones etc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables