Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Raw Diet is wrecking my physique.
Posted by: nedsin ()
Date: September 08, 2006 02:12PM

Matt Mason, will not show me a photo of his before and after of his body, only a face photo, but yet is advocating his book, that eveyone must buy? Where is the prof that in the putting, if you can't show what this diet has done for your body, not your face, which still looks the same before and after, except the hair is longer and your not as clean shaven? I don't see this "healthy person", he claims to be? Is he too skiny, with lose skin? Not enough protein will give you a skiny body with lose skin and eventually your hair will fall out in clumps, along with other health issues.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 08, 2006 02:19PM

RooneyandMuldoon, thanks for suggesting the "GREEN", book, I will try to find it and take a look at it. that sounds great, but as for finding all these greens in my local market, I can't see them on the produce shelf, I only eat organic, and those things are not there. The only greens we have at the biggest market are the easy ones, a few lettuce, sprouts, not much else, so I don't see how I can get that weed, (lambquarter's), you are talking about? I've never heard of that one ever, very exotic sounding isn't it. Let's be realistic here, ok? How many of you have all these vegetables and fruit in abundnace at the local market or your local health food market, and they are ORGANIC? . . it's not possilbe, and I live in a big city.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: September 08, 2006 02:34PM

Nedsin,

STOP WHINING.

Yeah hey guess what, most raw foodists aren't bodybuilders but most men aren't either. I wish everyone was but that's my personal aesthetic and you can't fault people for not being what you wish they were. I told you before, there's not a lot of raw bodybuilding info out there, most bodybuilders - I seriously doubt they would give this diet a try without definite proof of its effectiveness.

You want definite proof? Get your a** out there and provide it. Just try it, or DON'T, but for chrissakes I can't stand your whiny "can't do it" attitude any longer.

I tried it and hey, it's working for me, but I'm not a man underwear model (not my personal idea of what's attractive anyway) so I know my opinion won't count, and Fruitarian One is the wrong race for you so he doesn't count either.

WHATEVER.

Anyway here's one last link - raw food underwear model for you now shut the f**k up:

[www.healthranger.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2006 02:36PM by sunshine79.

Date: September 08, 2006 03:05PM

Alisa Cohen, (looks good), you were fat before and the raw food helped to sculpt your body, but I wouldn't agree with you on the muscles, you are a woman. and you look good for a raw foodist woman, because you lost weight, and the msucles shows more because Your thiner.

Date: September 08, 2006 03:07PM

New Wave Guy, I surprised you would allow people to see your dating serivce page and you are saying you are an athlete? What kind of athelete? You have no muscle on that arm, it just looks like a stick with lose skin? I'm not tring to be rude, it's just the truth.

Date: September 08, 2006 03:09PM

Sunshine, you are the one who is rude, and the link you gave me is not impressive, this guy has lose skin over a stick. You need a reality check, babe.

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: September 08, 2006 03:24PM

Ok, I give, who is Matt Mason?

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: September 08, 2006 03:28PM

Yeah ok he's real flabby. Blah blah blah you little p*ssy man-baby Nedsin. All you have is excuses excuses excuses. Little crybaby. Wahhhhh. Oh and you can stop whining about how do you post your picture, too, because I just figured it out & I had no idea how to before. I read the directions. I bet you anything you won't post your picture, either because you're too stupid or you just lack the initiative, like everything else in your life.

Go away and leave us alone.

Posted by: Arvydas ()
Date: September 08, 2006 03:45PM

Sunshine, your aggressive mentality is more toxic than any kind of bad food. At least he isn't spewing vitriol, like you are at him. Reading your cuss filled nasty posts is more disturbing.

Date: September 08, 2006 03:56PM

Hey, sorry guys, Arvydas, I have nothing but love for all of you, I've just had it with this nedsin guy criticizing everyone who has been kind enough to offer him the help & advice he asked for.

The guy asked for help numerous times, then has turned around and said something crappy about pretty much every person who has tried to help him.

If it bothers you I'll stop. I'm going to go read something uplifting now, I need to spread love not hate smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2006 03:57PM by sunshine79.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 08, 2006 04:48PM

Ha! Ha! I'm an athlete in the sense that I like to do things athletically! LOL. I assure you that I am strictly an amateur! That's the first time anyone has referred to my arms as being sticks! LOL.

-David Mason

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: September 08, 2006 05:42PM

How did I miss the health ranger site before? Wow, what a resource.

Also, he is not a bodybuilder he is a gymnist, so that actually seems like typical muscle for a gymnist.

I think he looks nice, bodybuilders make me want to vomit.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2006 05:50PM by Lillianswan.

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: September 08, 2006 06:45PM

While I agree that some of the language and personal attacks in Sunshine's posts could have been better, I have to agree with her. I have stayed out of this post, but feel the need to comment now. Everyone has been MORE than helpful to Nedsin, and all he does is criticize what everyone else has to say. His negative attitude is very tiresome and draining.

Date: September 08, 2006 06:48PM

Sorry for the hate, everyone.

And sorry for the harsh words, Nedsin. Just please stop insulting people in your posts. Especially when those people are trying to help you.

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: September 08, 2006 06:51PM

And Nedsin...obviously, what you are doing isn't working for you and making you happy. So you know what? CHANGE IT. No one on here can tell you what is going to work for YOU. You need to figure it out on your own. Do some experimenting and figure it out.

Date: September 08, 2006 06:55PM

Don't worry about it sunshine79!!!!

Great Spirit Everyone
Posted by: Lazar ()
Date: September 08, 2006 09:55PM

Hey All,

I just want to commend everyone on their sincerity and desire to help nedsin. It's one of the things that I love about the raw community - and that is why this is such a great forum, because when people come here who are really looking for help and support, it is available in abundance.

Peace,
LaZ

my site - raw4life
my raw show! - Raw Kitchen vodcast

Posted by: innervegetable ()
Date: September 08, 2006 10:33PM

Don't worry people...

Nedsin is just here to ruffle feathers. And its working. Don't let him bother you...

Nedsin you are wrong on so many points, and very narrow minded in my view...You talk about lose skin so much, is that one of your own deep dark fears? Vanity?

You did a little reading, and curious investigtion, and think u have us all figured out- (ohhhhhhhhh how wrong u are).

...after years of doing the rejuvenating, healing, growing and transformation involved with real health. Real/raw health, takes more courage and strength than *most* muscle men will ever have!!!

Again, good luck Nedsin, you'll need it at this rate... come back in a year and share what you've learned.

Posted by: rooneyandmuldoon ()
Date: September 09, 2006 12:31AM

I still say that spinach has more usable protein than beef...

Date: September 09, 2006 04:05AM

Sunshine baby boy, I look better than you do. By the way, how do you post picutres on this silly web site, I'd like to prove it to you. It's interesting that no one will help me on posting a photo. You should go away, your not better than anyone on this site or any site, you look like a F_G.

Posted by: Jose ()
Date: September 09, 2006 04:57AM

One thing that might be useful is to reflect why one experiences anger or frustration when insulted or slighted by others. What is it within ourselves that is so struck by words typed by complete strangers that originates such a strong emotional reaction? As Mr. Mason has said previuosly, and I tend to agree, most of the time hurtful words which we might react to are usually a better indication of the emotional states of the people involved than the issue under discussion.

Is there something we feel insecure about which prompts a hostile reaction to offensive comments? Is there something that is bothering us which prompts us to insult people? What is the point of asking for help and then slighting good natured replies?

It is quite clear that the real issue under consideration here is not wether or not the raw food diet can deliver adequate quantity and quality of protein and other nutrients. This can be ascertained by rather more reasonable and demure methods than what we are seeing here.

In any case, no one needs to convince me that they are loving beings, that I take for granted already, no matter how much external appearences may appear to indicate otherwise. Sometimes it would seem people need to convince themselves though.

Nedsin, good luck to you on your quest.

Sunshine, you were already forgiven.

Cheers,
J

Date: September 09, 2006 05:11AM

Jose, my original question was "how can I get more protein into my diet", and I got slandered, and acused of being a troll. Sunshine told me to get F__K'd or something like that, I don't know about you but I take this personally, when all I did was ask a simple quesiton. I appreciate you sweetness, and your trying to smooth this out, but I'm insulted by some of the people on this site who think they know it all, and obviously they don't.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: September 09, 2006 06:33AM

As soon as I see somebody on a message board trying to insult somebody's sexuality, I think that they are probably in their early teens and just looking to pick fights/arguements with the people who are here because they really want to learn/share things about raw food.

Nedsin, people have been kind enough to share photos with you, and all you've done is insult them. From that, what type of person will people thing you are?

As for you complete inability to post your own pictures, people have shared with you methods of doing that. Maybe if you actually start reading what people where saying instead of dismissing it without consideration, you would have a clue about posting pics (and who knows, you might even learn something new about raw foods).

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: September 09, 2006 07:58AM

I would agree that there don't seem to be many raw foodists that are very bulky and muscular. Is that a good thing? I don't know...

Nedsin, my recommendation is to do some research, and TAKE NOTES. That way you will probably remember the information you read more efficiently, and you can start to notice similarities and differences in what people say. So you could, for example, read a bunch of books on nutrition and summarize the things that are important to you in each book. Perhaps the internet would be a good place to start.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 09, 2006 12:51PM

-How dumb is the body?

-What I mean is: Even if you are very active...and lift heavy things all day........the body will still immediately start breaking down excess muscle proteins soon after you stop heavy-weight training. Often, those excess proteins are converted to fat. Look at an experienced body-builder that stops lifting many hours a day....and stops running many miles a day....and see what happens to all that extra protein and poor food choices!

-Why does the body immediately start to purge the system of alcohol, aspirin, or other drugs almost immediately after ingestion. We have to design very fancy delivery methods to try to force the body to only eliminate these things slowly. -Why does the body piss away most of the supplementation we take?

-If we truly needed these things...and they were good for us....and in our nature...would the body reject them so? Does the body not guide us toward the things we most need? With an intelligence that the individual human mind could not fathom?

-It is said that if you had to consciously run even ONE of your bodies functions consciously all day......you would not only fail at it......but nothing else could get done! We take for granted the enormous body / non-conscious intelligence that brings together the elements that allow us to survive and prosper.

-Do we throw this out the window to look big and muscular....without questioning the fundemental prinicipal of whether it is a good thing?

-A person should be as healthy and muscular as they want....but realize a true individual homeostasis that doesn't require any suffering to maintain.

-Just my opinions / thoughts.

-David Mason

Date: September 09, 2006 03:05PM

I realize these forums are not just about the people who are searching for simple answers to simple questions but a place where people can strut their hatred and try to prove they are knowledgeable about somethinng they know nothing much about. What scholastic fidning say's RAW FOOD has any validity to your Life and Health? it's only assumption and belief as in a religion, maybe, or a cult? I've been published in magazines and books because of my physique and face and talent to model, too bad no one is willing to help me post my pictures, maybe its your way of wanting to continue to put me down, because if you saw my pictures you'd believe me. I'm the CENTERFOLD MODEL in the upcoming publicatioin of a London magazine. My body is not a toxic waste dump, for who ever said it was without knowing me? How weird you are to say that?,.. I've alway's been organic and eaten clean, the only difference now is that I'm not drinking coffee and I'm 100% raw, I eat only the very best food I can find, I don't smoke, drink,drug or other crazy things that maybe some of you do, oh yeah, and I get plenty of exercise with weights and also do aeroblics. You can't be healthy just laying around eating a watermelon or lettuce leaf with no exercise. Moving you body every day is the biggest Anti-Oxidant you can have in your life. And don't tell me it's not natural to lift a weight, because neither is turning on this computer . I think someday I will write a book about my experiences on this forum and what I did to get healthy with a raw diet, and how mean I was treated by some of you people, one thing I know is tha a raw diet doesn't make some of you less critical or hateful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2006 03:10PM by nedsin.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: September 09, 2006 04:15PM

Hi nedsin,

I whole heartedly agree with the "moving you(r) body every day is the biggest anti-oxidant you can have in your life" statement. I think exercise is more important than diet for a person to stay in good health.

Also about your last statement "raw diet doesn't make some of you less critical or hateful", while I've came in on this thread late (been on vacation for 2 weeks), in my most polite and objective manner, you have posted some of the most negatively critical and out right rude/abusive posts I've read on this board for some time. Sunshine is of course a close second, but most others have been quite civil with you considering the mannar you write in.

While I think there is a big chance you don't really mean to be so rude, you might want to work on your mannar, or atleast keep in mind your mannar is going to be interpreted as rude and abusive by 99% of people when communicating. Maybe this is why that guy you said you where corresponding with suddenly stopped replying.

As for pics, I'm only repeating what you've really been told in this thread, so I'm probably not being much more help, but..... first thing is to put your pictures on a server somewhere that you can link directly to them. There are quite a few imagine hosting sites/services, personally I use monkeyview.net. Once your pictures have been uploaded some where, you can follow in the instructions in this thread here ->>> [www.rawfoodsupport.com] for embedding imagines. Good luck, I would like to see some before and after pics.

Positive things! winking smiley
Ian.

Posted by: arilraw ()
Date: September 09, 2006 04:31PM

Hello, all!

I've just spent a bit of time here, reading this post... One question: Where's this nedsin fellow's picture?

I've spent a fair amount of time in medical studies (I don't claim to know much other than how much I don't know), and I'm having a bit of a problem with the idea that muscle tissue breaks itself down to exchange its current protien structure for a better quality protein. Can anyone post under this topic evidence of this? I'd truly like to read it.

Hey, I asked for information when I heard of folks reversing heart disease; then I got it via Dr. Dean Ornish.

arilraw

Posted by: monson ()
Date: September 10, 2006 06:31AM

nedsin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Monson, please don't assume you know me or know
> what I'm eating and that my mind set is from
> another planet, you are so off key here, I'm weary
> of this kind of response, along with the detox
> respons, and please don't quote me and re-post my
> responses, it doesn't make me look up to you, it
> makes me realize that you didn't understand it the
> first time around.

relax bro...relax.

maybe my post came off as accusatory or antagonistic, however that was not my intent.

but please try to do everyone a favor and refrain from the asshatery of posting responses that sound more at home on a middle school playground.

even though you come off as a complete @#$%&, and even though reading your posts makes me want to cut my wrists...i wish you the best in your endeavors. smiling smiley

good luck, pumpkin.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 10, 2006 06:36AM

to KatDoe

Have you been tested for celiac disease (gluten intolerance)? IBS is often undiagnosed celiac disease. I have it. I am 100% raw and have been for 7 years. I don't touch nama shoyu, wheat-free tamari( contains barley) wheat, kamut, barley, miso, rye etc. Even the smallest amount of glutenis poison-- flattens the villi in the samll intestine so nutrients can't be absorbed. Get the celiac panel ( bloodtest)-- but if you are not eating gluten you will get a negative. Helen RN

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables