Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Raw food super guru cartoon.
Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: February 18, 2011 08:38PM

If you have a sense of humor and an ear for the truth.

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw food super guru cartoon.
Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: February 18, 2011 10:41PM

more david wolfe bashing?

ugh... you really are a @#$%&.

really, where is the professionalism in this?

Must be fun being filled with so much spite and comptetivness huh..

Of all the advocates in the raw field, only you seem to enjoy spreading so much negativity.

grow up ffs and get on with your life. Wolfe sure as hell doesn't let your work conflict with his goals.

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: February 19, 2011 01:29AM

I think it's hilarious, and has a lot of truth to it. Wander, your post is full of the same negativity you accuse DR of. I say keep the videos coming, dude.

Date: February 19, 2011 02:48AM

Like I said' if you have a sense of humor and an eye for truth'. winking smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 19, 2011 03:01AM

It's just not that funny, that level of negativity is a real turn off.

Date: February 19, 2011 03:08AM

Thanks for sharing your opinion Coco. Feel free to share it on my youtube channel as well.

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: February 19, 2011 03:17AM

I posted it on Gitmr.

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: February 19, 2011 01:22PM

I found it amusing, and summed up what I feel about those two.

I don't think there was 'negativity' as such. 'Spite'? Not really. It was just a lampoon of two people who have rather set themselves up for it. In the way a comedian would make fun of figures who have worked hard to thrust themselves into the limelight. (BTW, durianrider himself has also been made fun of on video, but he took it in good spirit.)

It made them look a little silly, but, there again, I suppose what one thinks of that depends on what one thinks of the daft things at ridiculous prices they're trying to push.

Posted by: Jonathan Barlow ()
Date: February 19, 2011 04:19PM

I enjoyed some hearty laughter, and that's good medicine! I don't know much about those guys or what they may or may not deserve, but the jabs in the video seemed more lighthearted and funny than negative. If it makes you laugh then I don't think you can call it negativity. Laughter is a positive thing!

I want to see the DR parody... is it a cartoon as well? I love those cartoons!

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 19, 2011 06:46PM

I found it funny but I don't understand why you didn't attempt to imitate their accents? It sounded like their voices were put thru some machine or something.

Date: February 19, 2011 07:38PM

debbietook Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I don't think there was 'negativity' as such.
> 'Spite'? Not really.
>

If this was a one off I would be inclined to agree.

But DR seems to take any oppurtunity he can to attack Wolfe. Its like he's trying to build an army of Wolfe haters and its all rather transparent, dude still thinks this is high school or somethin'.

Even if all DR critisisms were correct, the way he goes about attacking him in such a schoolboy fashion totally destroys his credibility. If he was a bit more adult in how he went about it then maybe I'd listen to him. And how many videos do you need to make saying the same thing?

At the end of the day, you gotta shine otherwise people wont be attracted to eating raw.. DR cannot distinguish between normal life and his competitive races. Shame cos he seems to have some info worth sharing, but 'only look to those who achieve the results you desire'... well what I dont want is to obsess like a bickering schoolboy cos someone else aint that into bananas.

Date: February 19, 2011 07:40PM

You know what, though? It seems like people like DW get all these people to follow him because many people like to follow others. I am just tired of being huckstered 24/7, especially when this is supposed to be a "wholesome" lifestyle.

Date: February 19, 2011 07:57PM

I dont see how DW is trying to get followers? to me he's just sharing valuable knowledge. His intention for making others as healthy as possible is genuine. Its evident once you read his sunfood book. To call him a snakeoil salesman is just petty, sure he sells products but his overall message has more substance to it than anything Durianrider is putting out.

To me this is a business strategy disguied as something other than. If Wolfe is against bananas, then its bad news for 30bananasaday.com, transparent as i said.

Date: February 19, 2011 08:31PM

DW is such a salesman, that's all he does is promote his products. I totally agree with that, also with how ridiculous a lot of them are. So silly pants, who buys into or buys that stuff?

What I would rather see is something constructive saying "this is what works for me", not endless ranting about how others are wrong and how people who don't believe in and do what YOU do are wrong even when it's working for them. Etc etc etc. It's endless and tiresome and not useful at all. What is the point, exactly?

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: February 19, 2011 08:32PM

A little latin never hurt anyone, as long as the rest of the information is correct.

Date: February 19, 2011 08:56PM

coco Wrote:
> DW is such a salesman, that's all he does is
> promote his products. I totally agree with that,
> also with how ridiculous a lot of them are. So
> silly pants, who buys into or buys that stuff?
>
> What I would rather see is something constructive
> saying "this is what works for me", not endless
> ranting about how others are wrong and how people
> who don't believe in and do what YOU do are wrong
> even when it's working for them. Etc etc etc. It's
> endless and tiresome and not useful at all. What
> is the point, exactly?

products such as? care to give some examples and why? (cacao is a drug yada yada)

whats wrong with selling things which he beleives are beneficial? unless he's lying and deliberatly selling people junk? unlikely.

recognise his desire for wanting to help others. Judge him on that, not that his opinions and methods differ from yours.

there are more immediate enemies/threats to health than our fellow raw foodies.

Sunfood diet is DW core work, and maybe 0.01% of it is advertising.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: February 19, 2011 09:21PM

Coco,
" What I would rather see is something constructive
saying "this is what works for me", not endless
ranting about how others are wrong"

I totally agree. I thats usually thats the best way to sell a product. Its like a politician running a smear compaign, usually it doesn't work. If you toss around a lot of mud you usually get stains yourself in the process.

Date: February 19, 2011 09:33PM

I saw DW give a lecture on raw cacao at a green fest a few years ago when his book about it came out. And it was like ZOMG!!! BEST. DAY. EVER!!!! THIS STUFF IS THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD!!!! And then he hyped something on one of Matt M.'s videos recently. It was a "secret" that he was gonna spring on everyone at some fest or whatever. I can't even recall what that one turned out to be: perhaps the deer antlers? In any case, what these things all have in common is that they are "miracles" and the effing answer to all our problems if we will just shell out tons of moola for them. LOL...whatever...

Date: February 19, 2011 10:04PM

Do you know him WanderRA? I do, I have worked for his company.
BananaWho has it summed up pretty accurately.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2011 10:06PM by coco.

Date: February 19, 2011 10:09PM

To be fair, I like his books. I think he has something valuable to express. I just don't like the constant salespitch. It turns me off. And I clicked on that link about the enzymes. I can't watch it. It's like some of the other ones. His hair is standing on end. I am not superficial but something in his demeanor is just too manic or not centered somehow to me. I can't put my finger on it...

Date: February 19, 2011 10:14PM

Too much maca and cacao.

Date: February 19, 2011 10:20PM

coco Wrote:
> Too much maca and cacao.

LOL- is that where the wild-eyed look comes from? Well, I don't need to get that wired...

Date: February 19, 2011 10:25PM

it has nothing to do with maca and cacao..

its about enjoying being healthy and enjoying working towards becoming more healthy.

Date: February 19, 2011 10:26PM

Yes, I don't need to be that medicated like that either. Mustn't be good for your heart being that frantic all the time.

He likes to juice lots of jalapenos too. Crazy juice I call that stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2011 10:27PM by coco.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: February 19, 2011 10:29PM

durianrider Wrote:
> If you have a sense of humor and an ear for the
> truth.
I must not have a sense-of-humor.....WY

Date: February 19, 2011 10:31PM

LOL WY are you sure? That was pretty funny grinning smiley.

Date: February 19, 2011 10:49PM

WanderRA Wrote:
> it has nothing to do with maca and cacao..
>
> its about enjoying being healthy and enjoying
> working towards becoming more healthy.

But do you believe we have to take all these supplements to achieve wellbeing? I am not saying that cacao isn't a food, but it may not be necessary for health either.

Date: February 20, 2011 12:05AM

These scammers push people away from a vegan lifestyle. They say that raw food is extreme and you need the latest animal based product to be 'healthy'. These 2 guys couldnt even run around the block!

Anyone promoting health should be super fit. Not drugged up olympic fit but super fit, drug free.

We are taught in health/religous/spiritual scenes to 'not judge and just be silent'. I say judge, speak up, say what you mean and mean what you say. Those that mind do not matter and those that matter, do not mind. I mean these guys prance around like they are all nicey nice and then they exploit women (just read the net), animals and then try & sue guys like me that speak up about em. Lots of people send me info cos they dont want to speak up for fear of legal action or losing business. You should hear what I get told. Im compiling it all together and will release it on my site in due time. Enough is enough!

Date: February 20, 2011 12:10AM

Are they really 100% raw (or as raw as they claim)? I always wondered if it was possible to maintain that sort of lifestyle over the long haul, although Matt M. and his wife appear to be doing just that and I trust that they are telling the truth.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: February 20, 2011 01:01AM

coco Wrote:
> WY are you sure? That was pretty funny
I guess it was the presenter that turned me off.
Have you noticed how he's always putting people down??
Opps...I guess I'm doing it too, but I appreciate David
Wolfe, and what he has achieved.....and I've never heard
him make an unkind remark about anyone.....WY
P.S. You don't have to agree with someone to admire them.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables