Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Is Raw Fruitarianism the Best Path?
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: January 01, 2012 03:11AM

Prana,
The list of toxins is from the documentary about Gershon therapy. Its extensive, things like what is in tissue paper, pastic cups, carpenting, computers, tvs. In short, it seems like just about everything a modern person is likely to come in contact with. Like the seats in a car, off gassing of the dashboard, microwave meals etc.

It seems like natural products would be safe, but I think they mentioned that a lot of things are treated with chemicals. Pesticides, antifungals etc... I am sure its all old news to most here on the blog. But this list seemed just sooo overwhelming. One would have to be a hermit living in a remote forest or island somewhere. There must be a way to make things simpler, and identify suspect items without knowing specific chemicals, or having to research everything.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 01, 2012 02:17PM

Here is a link to the documentary.
[www.hulu.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 01, 2012 11:41PM

Thx Mislu, as I too am interested in watching the video. However, their streaming rights do not yet include Australia. I've submitted my email addy and country so they can forward the vid when it's available in Oz.

Date: January 02, 2012 01:17PM

Geo,
There is perhaps something better. Gerson therapy might actually be legal in Australia, its not in the united states. So you could probably find a center for it somewhere. I am sure they have the same information was what is in the movie.

Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: January 03, 2012 07:57PM

Been away for quite a while. In my opinion, I do not think that all fruit is that healthy for a person. I think that there is a need for green foods as well.

I wholeheartedly do not believe that there are true breatharians. Just adding that because I saw that they were mentioned in earlier posts. I think that living on juice is possible but probably not the healthiest thing for one to do. There was a case of a man injured in war, I believe WWI, who lived primarily on tea with cream and sugar due to his having had most of his bowel resected.

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: January 03, 2012 09:28PM

I don't believe that we need nearly as much food as we've been led to believe. It's a SAD industry scam designed to keep us paying at the trough. Maybe it was justifiable when large amounts of the population were working up appetites doing hard-labor in factories and coal mines, but as we become more and more sedentary and use things like yoga for exercise, humans will evolve to require less food. I know that it's happening to me. There are tons of people already living in a post-cardio world where they see hard-core cardio as unhealthy. The notion of doing all this pounding exercise and then stuffing our faces with endless calories is increasingly retrograde. What's the point of running 100 miles? No disrespect intended, but I have a friend who runs ultras and even he admits that he's simply dealing with centuries of being genetically trained to do intense physical labor. If you stand us next to each other, we look equally healthy. Send us in for blood-work, same thing. The difference is that I only do an hour to 1.5 hours of yoga or tai-chi every day and eat significantly less than he does. A few times a week I'll do some walking meditation too. This keeps my appetite stimulated toward reasonable amounts of healthy food while giving my digestion a break. And no, I'm not emaciated or running on a nutrient deficit. I'm 6'1" and have comfortably held steady for quite a while at 165 to 170 lbs. with a lot of dense muscle. I never get sick. I haven't aged for years. Recently slamming my system with adaptogenic herbs has made things even easier.

Fruitarianism, 80/10/10...these are all great, but they're just bridges to somewhere else. A few people have already crossed the bridge. The future is less food. The earth can't sustain world-wide fruitarianism at 4000 calories a day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2012 09:30PM by HeavenHands.

Date: January 04, 2012 07:48PM

I like your post Heavenhands......and I'm inclined to agree, not only cause I too exercise and eat similar. Really, not much food fills me up, and that's hours after my daily workout. I believe that what's going on is that our bodies are genetically predisposed to a homeostasis that is healthy, strong and vital. I'm almost 59yrs, yet people regularly think I'm in my mid to late 40's. My GP said my artries are those of a younster, so moderate exercise and minimal good food is all that is required to have a excellent quality of life.

I've researched the correlation btw food intake and longevity. Mice and rats that fasted two days each week, and were restricted to a measured amount all other days, lived on average two years longer that same who never fasted and were able to eat as much as they wanted each day. Now that must equate to decades for a human participant....someone else can do the math on that one.

Cheerio chaps,
geo

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: January 04, 2012 09:42PM

Just as a car that is not regularly tuned up properly will use more gas and not last long, a body that is not cleansed will eat more and die early.

Date: January 05, 2012 02:29PM

Oh yes...Mislu - I'll check that out, thx :-)

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: January 05, 2012 09:24PM

Right on.

geo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like your post Heavenhands......and I'm inclined
> to agree, not only cause I too exercise and eat
> similar. Really, not much food fills me up, and
> that's hours after my daily workout. I believe
> that what's going on is that our bodies are
> genetically predisposed to a homeostasis that is
> healthy, strong and vital. I'm almost 59yrs, yet
> people regularly think I'm in my mid to late 40's.
> My GP said my artries are those of a younster, so
> moderate exercise and minimal good food is all
> that is required to have a excellent quality of
> life.
>
> I've researched the correlation btw food intake
> and longevity. Mice and rats that fasted two days
> each week, and were restricted to a measured
> amount all other days, lived on average two years
> longer that same who never fasted and were able to
> eat as much as they wanted each day. Now that must
> equate to decades for a human
> participant....someone else can do the math on
> that one.
>
> Cheerio chaps,
> geo

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables