Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Heavy Metal Toxicity - The Hidden Cause Of Many Diseases
Posted by: Sfloyd ()
Date: March 05, 2013 06:13PM

Thanks for the responses! In my daughter's case, I believe her stretch marks were brought on by Pyroluria as well which was triggered by a reaction to a vaccine. We tried everything for 3 years to get her better but nothing worked until we made the high copper/low zinc connection recently. She has improved quite a bit since starting to treat the pyroluria.

Are you still continuing to do well Powerlifter and did the pyroluria treatment take care of the rest of your symptoms?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 05, 2013 06:25PM

Sfloyd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the responses! In my daughter's case, I
> believe her stretch marks were brought on by
> Pyroluria as well which was triggered by a
> reaction to a vaccine. We tried everything for 3
> years to get her better but nothing worked until
> we made the high copper/low zinc connection
> recently. She has improved quite a bit since
> starting to treat the pyroluria.
>
> Are you still continuing to do well Powerlifter
> and did the pyroluria treatment take care of the
> rest of your symptoms?
>
> Thanks!

That is good to hear that your daughter has been improving smiling smiley. Has she done a urine kryptopyrrole test ?. If not it would be worth doing in my opinion.

Yeah im doing well thanks, it was a few years back that i made the connection with how low in Zinc i really was, since adding the P5P(active form of Vitamin B6) and other typical Pyroluria nutrients im all but pretty much there, at last lol.

It really depends on what the symptoms are caused by, all symptoms related to the deficiencies of zinc, b6, manganese, biotin, magnesium etc can be resolved, which was what caused the majority of my symptoms. When pyroluria is left un-treated, in chronically stressed individuals like myself then i needed abit of extra pampering for my adrenal glands aswell as methylation and heavy metal toxicity.

The US has a good center for Pyroluria called Pfeiffer Treatment Center, if that helps any.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Date: March 05, 2013 11:31PM

Thanks for the info and yes, she tested positive on the pyroluria.

Date: March 05, 2013 11:40PM

One last question Powerlifer- when you were dumping copper how often did you take the binders and which do you think did the better job- Algin or Pectasol-C? My daughter is dumping copper and feels like she is crawling out of her skin.

Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it!

Date: March 06, 2013 11:44AM

The general recommended dosage of Pectasol-C is 5g 3 times daily for the first few months, then to a maintenance dose of 5g once daily. Now i just use it when i feel the need because it is quite expensive in my opinion, but well worth it.

These chelators were the difference between me sitting in an adrenal/low blood sugar cascade, shaking freezing cold in my bed thinking i was away to die everyday.

Of which is better of alginates and pectasol-c(modified citrus pectin), they are both good and quite similar in there action i.e binding to metals in the digestive tract. The manufacturers of pectasol-c actually do a formula with both alginates and MCF in the same supplement. I have not tried this one yet, but we are in the process of getting it in at our store. Ive taken brown seaweed, pectasol-c and chlorella many times as a stack with great results though.

Overall ive had good results from brown seaweed extract(modifilan) as i have pectasol-c, so id recommend either, if money is an problem then modifilan is the cheaper option. Studies have shown neither bind to essential minerals such as zinc, magnesium such as other chelators do like EDTA. This is very important for someone with Pyroluria because with already severe deficiencies in these minerals, you don't want to lower levels even further.

I still tend to take my chelators far apart from when i take vits/minerals just as a precaution. As to when i take them, i can feel the symptoms coming on when the copper/metals start to dump, i usually feel lower body temp, overstimulated, my feet and hands go cold, i feel panicky etc, cold/flu type malaise. Within minutes of taking a chelator when this happened id feel relief nearly instantly. Took me over 6 years to make this connection with heavy metals though and that was a long time feeling like that every day.

I will post abit later about balancing the autonomic nervous system and helping to get the body out of the sympathetic dominant state, which often is a common cause of retaining copper so easily, its actually a survival/defense mechanism which is useful in times of fear. This again was a big area i needed to work on as i was a very adrenal fear driven child. To heal, the body must be in a rested state which is when the parasympathetic nervous system is dominant. Both are needed, but when the body is constantly stuck in a sympathetic(fight or flight state) then the body begins to break down.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2013 11:55AM by powerlifer.

Posted by: mindy66 ()
Date: March 06, 2013 09:41PM

Powerlifer,

Hi.

So, I have a few questions.
Firstly, are you a practitioner?? If so, just curious if you do consultations from afar?? I think I read that you said your from somewhere other than U.S. Is it the U.K.?? Can't remember. Anyhow, I'd be interested in talking with you.

How does one get tested for heavy metals?

I am concerned about metal toxins. I've heard about the fact that we are constantly being sprayed with chemicals that some aircrafts are intentionally spraying in order to change weather/climate. I'd always thought of this as some conspiracy theory and so shrugged it off. Am planning on watching a documentary that I'm sure is going to school me. It is called "What in the World Are They Spraying"? It is here:

[topdocumentaryfilms.com]

Thanks,

Mindy

Date: March 06, 2013 10:08PM

Hey Mindy,

Im not a qualified practitioner, as such like i say on most of my posts take what i say with a pinch of salt at best. It has taken me a long time to unravel my chronic health problems and like i say im not qualified to instruct others, so my posts are merely my thoughts.

The common tests for heavy metals include hair mineral analysis and urine challenge tests are about as good as you get.

I write my thoughts mainly because of the feedback ive had, on others unraveling there own health problems.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2013 10:11PM by powerlifer.

Date: March 07, 2013 07:22AM

Powerlifer,

Ok, thanks. Was hopin. Am glad to read your thoughts. smiling smiley

I might PM you at some point with some questions.

Can my reg. Primary Care Dr. order these type of tests, do you know?

Thanks again!

Mindy

Date: March 07, 2013 02:01PM

Thanks foe the info above! I look forward to reading the info about the aympatheic nervous system when you get a chance to post it.
Susan

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: March 12, 2013 03:30PM

If you are asking me, I don't know the answer. I read a fair bit on the topic of mercury detox and it's just my opinion but I don't think it HAS to be as complicated as some health practitioners make it to be. It's going to be slow, I think, and shouldn't be thought of as something you "do" once or twice and it's all gone (mercury other than in the fillings). I say go about eating a good diet and lots of raw vegetables while consuming substances known to pull mercury out - cilantro pesto, maybe. But this assumes a reasonably healthy, functioning liver or else it will be hell on wheels if you overdose. Easy does it in this case. Just all my opinion.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 12, 2013 07:27PM

hi powerlifter

thanks for your post
do u know if zeolite is effective for removing metals and not just ( as you mentioned) bind to them without removing them from the body

wouldn't juicing simply flush out the toxins that were chelated ?

what is a good chlorella supplement ( company)

does one have to worry that chlorella is also infused with heavy metals depending on where it is sourced or do they grow it artificially and thus more quality control

Date: March 12, 2013 07:28PM

also i tried to click on the link u provided
and it said it is not available
just wonderin
thanks for all the great info !

Posted by: littlemermaid ()
Date: March 14, 2013 05:22PM

I think Mike Adams recently done the investigation, and found that most of the chlorella comes from China with high levels of aluminum and arsenic. He tested chlorella from different sources, and now carrying the cleanest one from Taiwan ( I think) in his store [store.naturalnews.com]

Date: March 16, 2013 02:25PM

It depends where you are located Mindy in the UK and US, it would be doubtful that you'd get these tests. No harm in asking your doctor though, better if you can get it through your primary healthcare provider and under insurance if possible, also you will have someone qualified to interpret the results. Most average doctors aren't clued up on these type of bio-chemical imbalances unfortunately.

The article/site is gone now la_veronique, my views have came on massively since then aswell so the article would have been outdated. Heavy metal toxicity in most cases is merely a symptom of something else going wrong in the body, in my case Pyroluria. There are a multitude of other factors which can cause increased accumulation of heavy metals such as under methylation, low levels of glutathione, low intake of antagonistic minerals such as zinc, iodine, selenium, silica, magnesium etc, chronic stress and sympathetic dominance causes increased retention of heavy metals such as copper and depletes stores of minerals such as Zinc and Magnesium which are essential for nervous system health. And so on.

Zeolite is a chelator but im not fond of it, nor have i used it much. Zeolite are aluminosilicates, now although the aluminum is already bound i don't care to risk using these chelators, especially when there are better options in my opinion. Pectasol C and Alginates from seaweeds are much better tolerated, gentle and effective. Neither remove essential minerals in the process.

Any Organic Chlorella from a high quality company will suffice, the pollution really is over-rated and much Chlorella is done simulated atmosphere's. Organic certification is very strict about conforming to heavy metal levels.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Date: March 16, 2013 07:23PM

I just found a Chiropractor semi nearby who does hair analysis. Haven't called or set up and appt but might do so.

I really would be interested to find out what heavy metals I may be dealing with.

Mindy

Date: March 16, 2013 07:40PM

Hair analysis isn't 100% accurate or anywhere near it, although it is a cheap method of testing and can be helpful, hair analysis can be subject to outside contamination such as shampoo's or hair dye's etc.

Urine challenge tests are slightly better, but even then aren't hugely accurate. Bone biopsy is more accurate but not commonly done.

For me it came down to trial and error, i had spent over 10 years playing about with various foods, herbs, supplements and such with poor results. Natural chelators such as Pectasol-C were the difference between sitting the first half of the day in a horrible adrenal low blood sugar cascade of panic attacks bed ridden with fatigue and anxiety, than not.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2013 07:44PM by powerlifer.

Date: March 17, 2013 07:36AM

hey powerlifter

thanks for the great info
greatly appreciated! smiling smiley

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables