Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Eating only green smoothies -> Possible?
Posted by: Armin Zhl ()
Date: June 01, 2013 10:06AM

Hello,

I want to know if it is possible to eat only green smoothies (see Green of Life) plus some nuts and seeds as the complete diet?

Thanks for all answers!

Regards

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Eating only green smoothies -> Possible?
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: June 01, 2013 11:36AM

grren smotthies can potentially load you up with crystals (oxalates). These could accumulate in different parts of the body (joints, heart, brain, etc). If you see no negative effects then you are OK. Nuts and seeds are no good if eaten in large amounts (acidifying and fatty).

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 01, 2013 11:58AM

I think a plan that includes a lot of greens (1 lb per day at least), 2,000+ calories of sweet fruit, and some nuts and seeds is good. However, I like to include nonsweet fruits as well, such as zucchini, avocado, tomatoes, peppers. But you can make a savory green smoothie.

ONE CAVEAT - you do need to chew greens for the health of your teeth. So get enough calories with your smoothies and nuts, and have a salad or chew on something every other day. Let us know how it goes. smiling smiley

Posted by: jimtoo ()
Date: June 01, 2013 05:31PM

Panchito Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> grren smotthies can potentially load you up with
> crystals (oxalates). These could accumulate in
> different parts of the body (joints, heart, brain,
> etc). If you see no negative effects then you are
> OK. Nuts and seeds are no good if eaten in large
> amounts (acidifying and fatty).

I'm wondering/hoping that isn't true. Can you tell me how green smoothies can load us up with crystals? I'm not challenging or objecting to your opinion, but as someone who has had the pleasure of squeezing a kidney stone out through a relatively tight orifice, I know the joys a hose feels when a boulder slowly grinds its way out through its birth canal, and well, once was enough. I asked this here before - at least I think it was here - about green smoothies and oxalates, and the consensus at the time was that it probably wasn't a problem. The opinion that sealed the deal for me was to think about who usually gives birth to such delights, and so I thought of my father, who never knew a meal without meat and processed foods, had no idea what a green smoothie was, and pumped out stones like a toadstool pumping out pods (I've no idea if a toadstool pumps out anything, but I like the sound and image of it, so I'll stick with that).

Date: June 04, 2013 03:39AM

Armin Zhl Wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to know if it is possible to eat only green
> smoothies (see Green of Life) plus some nuts and
> seeds as the complete diet?
>
> Thanks for all answers!
>
> Regards

it can be done, but it needs to be done a certain way. The potential problems with the diet can be:

* high fat nuts/seeds can cause overload of fats
* nutrient inhibitors in greens,nuts and seeds
* blending

To solve these potential problems it is recommended to do the following:

1). sprout the nuts and seeds to bring down the concentrated fat levels = convert the fats into fatty acids. Problem solved.

2). sprout the nuts and seeds to remove inhibitors. Problem solved.

3). try to minimise use of mature greens (vegetables and weeds) because most contain natural toxins than can act as nutrient inhibitors etc. So sprout baby greens to optimal growing times. Problem solved.

4). Blend small amounts only on a 30 second blend. Why? Because blended food isn't near as potent and health building as fresh juices. Why? Because blended foods don't heal and nourish as well as green juices - try it, that is my experience and Dr Clement report EXACTLY the same thing with his experience in dealing with almost 250,000 patients at HHI. Brian is right on the money - blending can only sustain to a certain level of health, but it never takes raw food to the highest level. Also blend water and then water a pot plant for a month and see what happens...the plant should die, why?...because the electrical frequency of the water has been destroyed or changed so it is not conductive to flourishing life. The moment l changed from blending to juicing was the day my organs truely healed themselves and my level of health went right up - my liver, digestion and skin improved out of sight within 8 weeks...this never happened when l blended my food. Blend sparingly.

Those are the main issues.

But still, we must take into account that not everything will go to plan because life throws us challenges. Sometimes good intentions to live only on nuts and seeds gets boring, that's why we should always be open to consuming sprouted legumes and sprouted grains for a nice change when needed.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2013 03:49AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: June 04, 2013 04:18AM

Just another quick thing about vegetables. Besides from the potential probelms l mentioned before, if you do go 100% raw you don't really want to be consuming too many brutes (brutes = mature greens that contain natural toxins and harsh fiber) because they work your body harder than it needs to work (hard tough fiber does work the body hard). All you need is the nice soft fiber from FRESH baby sprouted greens to maximise energy levels.

That being said, weeds are a special type of brute, so always try to preference them over any garden vegeatble. Higher in sunlight, nutrition and electrical frequancy than vegetables.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: June 04, 2013 08:25AM

It seems to be an individual thing. Some people can experience problems. It is good to know about the "potential" problems just in case. This article from google says more on the issue:

[www.youngandraw.com]

jimtoo Wrote:
> I'm wondering/hoping that isn't true. Can you
> tell me how green smoothies can load us up with
> crystals? I'm not challenging or objecting to
> your opinion, but as someone who has had the
> pleasure of squeezing a kidney stone out through a
> relatively tight orifice, I know the joys a hose
> feels when a boulder slowly grinds its way out
> through its birth canal, and well, once was
> enough. I asked this here before - at least I
> think it was here - about green smoothies and
> oxalates, and the consensus at the time was that
> it probably wasn't a problem. The opinion that
> sealed the deal for me was to think about who
> usually gives birth to such delights, and so I
> thought of my father, who never knew a meal
> without meat and processed foods, had no idea what
> a green smoothie was, and pumped out stones like a
> toadstool pumping out pods (I've no idea if a
> toadstool pumps out anything, but I like the sound
> and image of it, so I'll stick with that).

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: June 04, 2013 05:34PM

i pretty much LIVED on green smoothie for the first year of me being raw. I lost 150 pounds that first year(give or take). to date I have lost 230 pounds, and yes, green smoothie is the staple of life. Because anything can be blended up, therefore yes, you can live on green smoothies. but yes, you will have jaw muscle atrophy if you don't make sure and chew on something every day or 2. as in an apple a day or a few celery stalks or carrot sticks!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 09, 2013 03:22PM

Agree with RAWLION.

I had a period in my life a couple of years ago when I lived on green smoothies for months--yes, even the brutish ones, with nary a calcified stone to show for it--when my schedule forbade leisurely eating. I wouldn't want to do it again, however, as my body and senses seemed to prefer leisurely eating winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables