Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: what do you eat?
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 02, 2014 11:24PM

Wow, that coconut oil looks good, SueZ - thanks. And if you know of any other website where you can get a smaller container, I'd appreciate it. It would take me a long time to get through a gallon. Meantime I'm taking a half teaspoon of the Artisana one from now on. If I can gain weight on raw, it would be like a dream come true.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anon101 ()
Date: February 02, 2014 11:29PM

Oh, I hurt your and your friend's, the other member, feelings, Powerliar??
Well Boo Hoo!!

Thankfully you and the other member don't pay my mortgage so you know what you can do with your feelings. If you don't know, it would be my pleasure to tell you.

Today I juiced grapefruits, ate bananas, raw okras, apples.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 02, 2014 11:41PM

anon101 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'll be back later. I'm going to watch some
> cricket and then the super bowl.

LOL! I thought you said watch some crickets. The Stupid Bowl?

Date: February 02, 2014 11:44PM

Powerliar--> If thats the typical variety of your diet anon101 i.e just juice and fruit then you'd do well to listen to some of my posts on zinc and nutritional balance.

You really think highly of yourself, lol. Why would I listen to you when I can run searches on the internet and get the info myself. Because that's all you do. You google the heck out of things and then post them here to make yourself appear intelligent. You had better keep all your information handy and concentrate on yourself instead of me cause you got over 20 long years to even reach my age. As I said before I'd rather die than take your advice.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: February 03, 2014 01:16AM

KidRaw Wrote:
> Wow, that coconut oil looks good, SueZ - thanks.
> And if you know of any other website where you can
> get a smaller container, I'd appreciate it. It
> would take me a long time to get through a gallon.
> Meantime I'm taking a half teaspoon of the
> Artisana one from now on. If I can gain weight on
> raw, it would be like a dream come true.

I am a real fan of earthshiftproducts.com and for first order you place there you get free shipping. After that you only get free shipping if you order $150 of stuff. The centrifuged coconut oil is head and shoulders over the other brands like Artisana. You will be surprised. It also has a lower melting point. This is food for rebuilding your brain so it's good place to go for the top quality.

[www.earthshiftproducts.com]

There are other companies who seem to be selling centrifuged coconut oil from that plantation under their own brands but are more pricey - like the naturalnews.com store.

Really though, if it's mainly weight you want to gain, I'd suggest going with the less filling living stone ground oils like chia, pumpkinseed oil, walnut oil, etc. Incorporate them all so you can rotate them. Buying the right brand is very very important with living oils. I buy mine from Flora at Vitacost.com for the free shipping and I like that they ship with ice packs in the summer.

These oils are also very good for you and each have their own special attributes. My personal favorite is raw living pumpkinseed oil. It is not only delicious but it's also beautiful because it's dichroic. It's a deep rich green when you observe it as a thin layer but where it pools it is red!

I wouldn't be afraid of the oils. You will need more than a half teaspoon a day to put some weight back on but it's easy just to take a teaspoon of oil anytime you find yourself in the vicinity of the fridge. I do it all the time.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 03, 2014 01:43AM

I do have Essential Living Foods Raw Sacha Inchi Oil and Essential Living Foods Brazil Nut oil and a tiny bottle of Copaiba oil, whatever that is. Would they be good? I'm definitely ordering from that website. Thanks! You've inspired me to try the oils and the coconut oil to see how much I can tolerate and maybe gain weight.

Date: February 03, 2014 01:45AM

powerlifter Wrote:

> [images.iherb.com]

Powerlifter, I grind flax seeds, all nuts, and other types of seeds everyday in one of these..

[www.amazon.com]

It works great and saves a lot of money in that I can buy everything in their natural state in bulk and grind them up as needed. Flaxseed, especially, tastes way better and fresher when you grind it as needed. Don't give those omega 3's a chance to oxidize.

Date: February 03, 2014 01:57AM

KidRaw Wrote:
> I do have Essential Living Foods Raw Sacha Inchi
> Oil and Essential Living Foods Brazil Nut oil and
> a tiny bottle of Copaiba oil, whatever that is.
> Would they be good? I'm definitely ordering from
> that website. Thanks! You've inspired me to try
> the oils and the coconut oil to see how much I can
> tolerate and maybe gain weight.

Great - as long as they are ground raw and haven't gone rancid. I always keep oils and nuts refrigerated, and large portions of batches frozen. I haven't tried the oils you mention yet - but I will! I did order a small bottle of borage oil from England on Amazon and was surprised that it arrived more quickly than a lot of the orders I've place with Pacific coastal companies who seem to be on island time.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: February 03, 2014 04:15AM

Folk,

I need the name calling to stop on the forum, specifically (but not limited to) the use of "powerliar" to refer to powerlifter. If this name calling continues, I will be giving out free vacations.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2014 04:17AM by Prana.

Date: February 03, 2014 10:24AM

Ah, Screw you Prana... and Powerliar too.

Date: February 03, 2014 10:25AM

Keep your forum

Date: February 03, 2014 12:57PM

Prana Wrote:
> Folk,
>
> I need the name calling to stop on the forum,
> specifically (but not limited to) the use of
> "powerliar" to refer to powerlifter. If this name
> calling continues, I will be giving out free
> vacations.

Thank you!

Posted by: esa ()
Date: February 09, 2014 12:47AM

In response to human skeleton. I am six foot and 150 lbs. Maybe the dry fast has more to do with weight loss than vegan diet?!

What I want to say: Eat a balance of fruits (including seeds) versus vegetable (leaf, stem, root, and flower). Include sprouted seeds with vegetable part of balance. Fungal and bacterial foods- yeast and algae- remain an open question to me, as to how they fall in such a balance.

What I eat: Vegetables- Rice sprouts (one or two days germination), sesame sprouts (same), carrots, lettuce. Fruit- Raisins, apples.

I eat other things, above accounts for about 75% of diet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2014 12:50AM by esa.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables