Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: sprout diet low in nutrients
Date: February 16, 2014 07:44AM

Here is Brian Clement saying pretty much the same thing as l am. Finding `ripe' store bought fruit is almost impossible. He says 95% of fruit is not properly ripe, but personally l think it is less than that. Dr Brian says that location of fruit on a tree is important as to whether it ripens properly, and indeed that is my experience.

See video from 28:42 - 29:55
[www.youtube.com]

And yes, Brian offers classes in how to find a ripened fruit because most folks don't seem to know how to tell the difference between a properly ripened v's moderately ripened fruit.

Personally, l have hardly seen any properly ripe fruit in stores or on farms. Why? Because it must be picked before it is properly ripe so it can have some decent shelf life. For eg, a properly ripe fruit might last a few days before rotting, so if you pick it slightly unripe it can last much longer. Other reasons for picking unripe fruit is to stop the birds from eating it.

There is a difference betweeen bench ripened fruit and tree ripened fruit. Our taste buds do tell us. And the energy and effect from a tree ripened fruit is good where-as from a non fresh bench ripened fruit it is not so good. I don't just say these things to be anti-fruit, l say these things for a good reason. If fruit was really good stuff l would eat more of it, but it is not even ripe or fresh in most cases, so why would l bother with it?

I am not against fruit, just give it to me ripe and fresh off the tree. The fruit they sell you at farmer's markets and shops is not real fruit, it just looks like real fruit but doesn't play the proper role that fruit should.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2014 07:55AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: February 16, 2014 12:35PM

The animals all know when fruit is almost perfectly ripe. In my yard when I see them sitting around and perched near the fruit I know that in a matter of days I'd better be quick to harvest.

When I'm harvesting apples it's easy. I take the ones that have been released to the ground that day. When it gets more competitive - and the birds will go from apple to apple on the south side of trees and take the best bites from each of them - I just have to harvest the south side fruits then. Luckily birds take small bites, lol.

Date: February 16, 2014 12:58PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here is Brian Clement saying pretty much the same
> thing as l am. Finding `ripe' store bought fruit
> is almost impossible. He says 95% of fruit is not
> properly ripe, but personally l think it is less
> than that. Dr Brian says that location of fruit on
> a tree is important as to whether it ripens
> properly, and indeed that is my experience.
>
> See video from 28:42 - 29:55
> [www.youtube.com]

I've got to get going now so I haven't watched the video yet but here's a tip for fruit shoppers besides, of course, the obvious one of aroma and looks and feel. In fruits from trees look for symmetry from the stem area, north to south. The unripe fruits are usually only filled out on the side that best faced the sun so are lopsided. The closer the symmetry on each side the better the chance the fruit is ripe.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: February 16, 2014 03:01PM

Sproutarianman, firstly u responded to sue thinking it was me.
secondly you presuming that I am unhappy as opposed to what I really am which simply blowing up your asinine statements.

"If u could see what u really are fresh! "
you are jackass. And I say that with extreme delight.

Date: February 16, 2014 08:04PM

>I am not against fruit, just give it to me ripe and fresh off the tree. The fruit they sell you at farmer's markets and shops is not real fruit, it just looks like real fruit but doesn't play the proper role that fruit should.

So any of you kids listening here, DO NOT EAT any fruit unless you pick it off the tree or bush yourself.

AND EVEN THEN, it's not good enough, you know, because blueberries and other fruits that you pick yourself are not good enough either.

Sprouts and seaweeds ONLY - of course take your digestive aids and probiotics to help digest those perfect foods.

Vomit-juice drinking, urine drinking man has spoken

what an elitist, pseudospiritual nutcase you are.

but I guess this is the only way you can feel special and different.

Remember now, TSM did not do well eating fruit, SO YOU CAN'T EITHER.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2014 08:08PM by fresh.

Date: February 16, 2014 08:33PM

powerlifter Wrote:

> There are health educators who also suggest that
> many raw sprouts are toxic when consumed in large
> amounts. I haven't done enough research on
> individual sprouts here to verify that,
> sproutarianman may know more on this. Many foods
> even fresh culinary herbs can be mildly toxic in
> excessive amounts.

Some sprouts can cause problems with toxins if had in excess. This means we must rotate things. Eg, buckwheat juice = no more than 3 times per week. Alfalfa = 3 - 4 times per week at most. Wheatgrass = limited amounts each day and only 5 times per week. Fenugreek = most days. Sunflower = most days.

With various sprouts toxins can also be broken down like with sesame. Even sunflower sprouts (1 day sprouted) has toxins, so they can't be had everyday either. Fermenting can also break down various toxins, and l suppose probiotics do too. Grains should nearly always be fermented and sprouted for at least 2 days and even crushed.

> I know i begin to feel nauseous
> to the point of vomitting when i over do the raw
> sprouts/wheatgrass, as such i can't imagine what
> it would be like for these to be staple foods in
> the diet or to be consumed in large quantities.

They are quite detoxifying on the body.

>
> Growing enough sprouts year round would be the
> other potential issue. What happens if full crops
> are ruined due to poor weather for any reason.

That's why we must always buy large amounts, because crop failures do occur all the time. Last year it was mung beans. This year it is chick peas. For the last 2 years it has been alfalfa.

Date: February 16, 2014 08:40PM

Another excellent food (assuming non G.M) is said to be canola sprouts. One of the most nutritious foods, and the zinc is very very high and way over copper, so this would probably be a good addition to the regular vegan diet that has the usual copper excess problems. You would think the high iron levels would also keep copper in check.

Effect of Cultivar and Growing Location on the Mineral Composition of Canola Sprouts

Harbans L. Bhardwaj, Anwar A. Hamama

[hortsci.ashspublications.org]

Date: February 16, 2014 08:57PM

?.....They are quite detoxifying on the body. 

so anything that makes u ill is good and cleansing. Wow. Tell me more

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: February 16, 2014 09:02PM

fresh Wrote:
> ?.....They are quite detoxifying on the body. 
>
>
> so anything that makes u ill is good and
> cleansing. Wow. Tell me more

It's called a healing crisis.

Date: February 16, 2014 09:09PM

Right. Apparently as long as its sprouts anything goes.
if a fruit doesnt sit well with you its toxic.
you guys are endlessly amusing

Date: February 16, 2014 09:18PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:

> > > Life is too short for emotional carry on.

Do you not consider yourself the most melodramatic drama queen on this site or something?

> > I've never gotten more than three unripe
> > blueberries in a pack in my entire life. What
> God
> > forsaken place do you live in?
>
>
> Oh fresh, if only you could see what you are

Huh?
>
>
> Even the farmer told me that there are always
> tarty blueberries (unripe) on the bushes and said
> the trick is to eat a whole bunch togeather so you
> don't taste the sour ones.

No, the trick is to discard the three bad ones so they don't ruin the experience of eating the good ones.

Having some unripe
> berries is the nature of the fruit because of how
> they grow on the bushes. Many people are aware of
> the issues with blueberries, but for some reason
> folks here don't seem to be aware of it.

Many people are aware that organic blueberries usually come in miniscule clear plastic packages who's tops can be flipped up to check out the berries that are not visible from the top and bottom. And that is exactly what people buying very expensive organic blueberries do, FYI. Maybe the blueberry farmer you talked with sells to Walmart where what he said is probably more comprehensible.

>
> Yes jtprindl, l don't think people can always tell
> a properly ripe fruit from moderately ripe fruit.
> I grew up with lots of fruit trees so l am quite
> aware of the difference with store bought fruit
> that looks ripe compared to properly tree ripened
> fruit. I know straight away if a piece of fruit is
> slightly unripe and l will usually spit it out.

If you knew straight away a piece of fruit wasn't ripe enough you wouldn't have picked it to eat now would you have?.

Date: February 16, 2014 09:48PM

fresh Wrote:
> Right. Apparently as long as its sprouts anything
> goes.
> if a fruit doesnt sit well with you its toxic.
> you guys are endlessly amusing

Are there any institutes like Hippocrates curing tens of thousands of people on the brink of death with high-fruit diets? Just wondering. I mean, since fruit is what we were "biologically designed" to eat, it should have far greater curative effects than sprouts, algae's, and sea vegetables, right? Or maybe, just maybe, back in the caveman era... these three were unavailable to the vast majority of the population and we ate to survive, not thrive.

Date: February 16, 2014 10:48PM

food does not cure. stopping the cause allows the body to heal in most circumstances, unless it is a deficiency problem, which is rare.

i am sure if you looked around you could find people who are cured without being at the hippocrates institute. they generally save a lot of unnecessary money being spent.

[www.thejc.com]

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: February 16, 2014 10:54PM

Some foods do cure. For example, fruits with vit C, other phytonutrients, mushrooms, etc boost the immune system. They can help reverse cancer or prevent it. there are many other cases where food can help people recover.

check a disease here: www.nutritionfacts.org

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2014 10:55PM by Panchito.

Date: February 16, 2014 10:58PM

fresh Wrote:
> food does not cure. stopping the cause allows the
> body to heal in most circumstances, unless it is a
> deficiency problem, which is rare.
>
> i am sure if you looked around you could find
> people who are cured without being at the
> hippocrates institute. they generally save a lot
> of unnecessary money being spent.
>
> [www.thejc.com]
> et-cured-my-husband-cancer

You just completely contradicted yourself. "Food doesn't cure" followed up by a link that says 'fruit diet cured my husband's cancer'. Which one is it? Things like phytochemicals, enzymes, chlorophyll, etc... which are contained in foods, have been proven over and over to cure and prevent the human body of disease.

What you're saying is that if someone has cancer from doing something like smoking or eating meat, that all they need to do is stop doing those things and the disease will magically go away. Wrong. They need to eat and juice FOOD rich in enzymes, phytochemicals, oxygen, vitamins, minerals, etc. that will help repair the damage done by their previous lifestyle choices.

No one has a track record to compare with the likes of Hippocrates, and there's a reason for that.

Also, did you even read your article? They also juiced massive amounts of vegetables and did coffee enemas.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2014 11:03PM by jtprindl.

Date: February 16, 2014 11:06PM

hey jtprindl. Why do you knee jerk so much with the 'contradictions'? You can always find contrasdictions if you look in certain ways (like wanting to find what appear to be contradictions).

Date: February 16, 2014 11:08PM

Panchito Wrote:
> hey jtprindl. Why do you knee jerk so much with
> the 'contradictions'? You can always find
> contrasdictions if you look in certain ways (like
> wanting to find what appear to be contradictions).

Not really, the word "contradiction" only has one definition.

Date: February 16, 2014 11:16PM

jtprindl Wrote:
> Not really, the word "contradiction" only has one
> definition.

only one? And who is in the official charge of making definitions?

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: February 16, 2014 11:22PM

The Prindl dude cracks me up. Lol.

Also, I lol the way PL walks like he's on eggshells on the sprout topic so as not to upset TSM.

I find it hard to believe TSM grew up around fruit trees. I have many fruits trees back in the old country and most fruits have to be picked near ripe, not fully ripe, to prevent birds and insects from eating them. Of course if you're growing stuff yourself it'll be riper and better but fruit from the stores are ok imo.

I've been eating a very high fruit diet, mostly store bought, for just over 7 years. When is the much touted band of deficiencies going to kick in?? I can't wait. The suspense is killing me. Yeah, killing, ha.

Date: February 16, 2014 11:30PM

I've eaten tons of store bought fruit and I am satisfied with the results smiling smiley

Date: February 16, 2014 11:40PM

>You just completely contradicted yourself. "Food doesn't cure" followed up by a link that says 'fruit diet cured my husband's cancer'. Which one is it?

Could it be that the title of an article does not necessarily mean anything?

>Things like phytochemicals, enzymes, chlorophyll, etc... which are contained in foods, have been proven over and over to cure and prevent the human body of disease.

as you wish.

>What you're saying is that if someone has cancer from doing something like smoking or eating meat, that all they need to do is stop doing those things and the disease will magically go away. Wrong. They need to eat and juice FOOD rich in enzymes, phytochemicals, oxygen, vitamins, minerals, etc. that will help repair the damage done by their previous lifestyle choices.

what do you care what I'm saying? you're incapable of incorporating a new thought. I am saying that if you stop the cause the body will heal. whether by fasting or by dietary improvement. not to hard to understand, since people heal in many ways. but you seem to have some kind of an obsession with HHI, so go for that.

>No one has a track record to compare with the likes of Hippocrates, and there's a reason for that.

ok brian

>Also, did you even read your article? They also juiced massive amounts of vegetables and did coffee enemas.

not relevant. ate a lot of fruit and drank a lot of SUGAR juices. ACK!

doesn't your brain hurt when presented with evidence contrary to your view?
you and TSM must take a lot of aspirin to ward of the cognitive dissonance.

Date: February 17, 2014 12:31AM

"Could it be that the title of an article does not necessarily mean anything?"
"not relevant. ate a lot of fruit and drank a lot of SUGAR juices. ACK!"

The content of the article, however, IS relevant. If food doesn't cure then why are you posting articles on fruit and sugar juices in regards to cancer? Using your logic, they do nothing anyways.

"as you wish."

Not as I wish, 100% scientific fact.

"what do you care what I'm saying? you're incapable of incorporating a new thought. I am saying that if you stop the cause the body will heal. whether by fasting or by dietary improvement. not to hard to understand, since people heal in many ways. but you seem to have some kind of an obsession with HHI, so go for that."

You're looking more and more clueless with each post, fresh. The body healing itself is not a new thought, maybe it is to you. If someone gets lung cancer from smoking, quitting smoking isn't going to make the cancer magically go away. Get it?

"doesn't your brain hurt when presented with evidence contrary to your view?"

What evidence contrary to what views?

Date: February 17, 2014 12:33AM

Panchito Wrote:
> I've eaten tons of store bought fruit and I am
> satisfied with the results smiling smiley

You wouldn't be if you ate fresh, ripe fruit for a year and then had to go back.

Date: February 17, 2014 12:36AM

Anon 102 Wrote:

> I've been eating a very high fruit diet, mostly
> store bought, for just over 7 years. When is the
> much touted band of deficiencies going to kick
> in?? I can't wait. The suspense is killing me.
> Yeah, killing, ha.

Some people get deficiencies early, some people don't seem to show any problems on the surface after many years. Everyone is different and does different dietary things and methods, so l guess it all makes a difference.

With deficiencies, many folks get a false sense of security also. They have blood levels tested and not absorption levels.

I hope your diet continues to work. If deficiencies rear their ugly head things can always be done to fix those.

Panchito: if you are happy with the results from eating store bought fruit l am happy that you are happy. Some are happy with their results, but unfortunately many are not so happy, that's why l try to suggest people exercise great caution with diets. I don't want to be a destroyer of dreams, l only want people to do things with eyes wide open and to be careful.

Blessings to you all. Lets all try to be nice to each other. It's only food and a conversation, no need to get too emotional about it all. We want a diet that will allow us to conduct ourselves with the highest of kindness, pleasantness and intregrity....sending nice positive vibrations to those around us. We may not always agree, but we can still be nice, because people like nice because it is a positive vibration humans respond to well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2014 12:39AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: February 17, 2014 12:47AM

> If food doesn't cure then why are you posting articles on fruit and sugar juices in regards to cancer? Using your logic, they do nothing anyways.

because you said " where are the fruit healing centers" and this is just one of the many examples of someone who did not follow the HHI protocol. get it?
why does it matter if there's a healing center who uses fruit? irrelevant.

> The body healing itself is not a new thought, maybe it is to you. If someone gets lung cancer from smoking, quitting smoking isn't going to make the cancer magically go away. Get it?

if you say so.

Date: February 17, 2014 12:48AM

to the sproutarian man....

I hope your diet continues to work. If deficiencies rear their ugly head things can always be done to fix those.

Date: February 17, 2014 12:51AM

jtprindl >You wouldn't be if you ate fresh, ripe fruit for a year and then had to go back.

you act as if someone is claiming that "fresh ripe fruit" is a bad thing,
and we're all purposely not eating the best we can get.

we all know that fresh and ripe is best, what is your point?

are you unhappy that he is doing well? does it confuse you?

do you know that you are not making any point at all?

do you know many people who can eat fresh ripe fruit all the time?

do you eat fresh ripe fruit all the time?

Date: February 17, 2014 01:03AM

fasting and cancer study

Animal Trial

In one of the earliest studies, forty-eight rats were split up into two groups of twenty-four. One group ate ad libitum for a week, while the other group underwent alternate day fasting. After one week of the various dietary protocols, both groups were injected with breast cancer. At nine days post-injection, 16 of 24 fasted rats remained alive, while just five of 24 ad-libitum fed rats lived. At ten days post-injection, only three of the 24 ad libitum-fed rats survived; 12 of the 24 fasted rats remained alive. Pretty large disparity, right?

That was in 1988. It wasn’t until the late 90s that more promising research was undertaken. That’s when Longo began studying in earnest the phenomenon of increased cellular resistance to oxidative stress during fasting. Figuring that since chemotherapy exerts its effects on cancer by inducing oxidative stress (to all cells, not just cancerous ones), and fasting triggers survival mode in normal cells but not cancer cells, he conducted a study on mice to determine whether fasting protected the healthy, normal cells from chemotherapy’s side effects while leaving the cancer cells sensitive to the treatment. Tumor-ridden mice were either fasted or fed normally 48 hours prior to a large dose of chemotherapy. Half of the normally-fed mice died from chemotherapy toxicity, while all of the fasted mice survived (PDF). Furthermore, fasting did not improve the survival rate of cancerous cells, meaning it only protected normal, healthy cells.

Research has continued. Longo found that “starvation-dependent stress” protects normal cells, but not cancer cells, against the effects of chemotherapy. Even a “modified” alternate day fasting regimen, in which mice were given 15% of their normal calories on “fasting” days, reduced proliferation rates of tumor cells. This “85%” fasting regimen was even more effective than the full 100%. And most recently, Longo et al found that fasting both retarded the growth of tumors while sensitizing cancer cells to the effects of chemotherapy – across a wide range of tumor types. Most importantly, they concluded that fasting could “potentially replace or augment” certain existing chemotherapy regimens! That’s not some crazy fad diet guru spouting off about ancient traditional wisdom, folks. That’s a cancer researcher.

Read more: [www.marksdailyapple.com]

Date: February 17, 2014 01:10AM

You really think you can take someone with cancer, tell them to fast and that's it? Are you being serious?

Date: February 17, 2014 01:13AM

I suppose you could ignore the scientific article cited above.

I mean, scientific articles are only valid when YOU present them, right?

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables