Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Is the 80-10-10 diet too extreme for most people?
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: October 10, 2014 12:24AM

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Posted by: The Sproutarian Man

John, if everyone went vegan l believe we probably all could go 80-10-10 and thrive (assuming we had the fruit trees).
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: October 10, 2014 12:30AM

"John, if everyone went vegan l believe we probably all could go 80-10-10 and thrive (assuming we had the fruit trees)."

Good example of TSM's not being able to think clearly which he described as happening to him after eating too much fructose. Very good example for those who are paying attention.

Date: October 10, 2014 01:14AM

Yep, l am full of fructose and l cannot handle this any more. l am right off the boil and l have met my limit. The fruit has sunk me...my thinking skills have been down the toilet after lunch each day for about four days. NEVER AGAIN...i'm kicking fruit to the curve, and if l have it l will only do a little bit instead of 3 kg of watermelon.
'
If l had to eat lots of fruit each day l would have to put myself into a nursing home after a week. Frankly, l feel l am ready for the nursing home at the moment. I feel rediculous and silly for doing something so dumb. Pthh. Dr Brian, Gabriel and Lou say to limit fruit for a good reason...now l know why.

Date: October 10, 2014 01:19AM

No jokes...l can hardly string a sentence togeather. I am in a stupor. Something is definitely wrong doing this....does NOT work for me at all. I feel all confused.

Date: October 10, 2014 02:32AM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No jokes...l can hardly string a sentence
> togeather. I am in a stupor. Something is
> definitely wrong doing this....does NOT work for
> me at all. I feel all confused.

It's always good to have something around for emergency grounding while experimenting. Drink some water with Shilajit or clay in it. Hold on to a plumbing pipe for a while. Take a long shower. Or you can try the common 811 antidote and run it off like a caged hamster in a wheel. Good luck.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: October 10, 2014 04:15AM

Here's some more info on fast/slow oxidizers from Gabriel Cousens - [greensmoothie.com]

Slow oxidizers:

-high carb foods like fruits or grains make you feel good emotionally and energetically
-you love sweets and need sweets in a meal to feel satisfied
-excess fatty foods (avocados, nut butters) or high-protein foods make you feel lethargic and sleepy
-perhaps you grew up with an aversion to flesh foods
-you don't like sour foods like lemons
-you can skip meals and maintain energy
-you have trouble falling asleep if you eat too late
-you can handle fasting without dreadful shakiness or headaches

Fast oxidizers:

-high carb foods don't satisfy you or make you feel even worse
-you prefer fatty foods over sweet, you don't feel good after fruit or candy
-a high-protein or fatty meal gives you energy and a feeling of well-being
-you crave flesh foods
-you like sour and salty foods
-you have a strong appetite for each meal
-eating before sleep helps you sleep through the night
-you don't enjoy fasting, you feel weak, jittery, and hungry

I think I'm a "mixed oxidizer"... I can get energy from both fatty foods and fruit without feeling any negative effects. I have a strong appetite for every meal and tend to eat every 2-3 hours but that could also be because I usually go 14-16 hours without eating from the previous night until the next morning/afternoon. I probably average somewhere around 1800-2000 calories per day. If I have a large sprout/grass juice (16+ oz), I can be energized for 4-5 hours from very little calories. This can also happen with 2-3 TBS of AFA blue-green algae which has zero calories. I think after the somewhat long break in between meals, my body is happy to convert whatever it is, regardless of the content, into energy lol. Hopefully this is a good sign being that Dr Cousens mentions: "With prolonged optimal health I have seen people shift toward more of a mixed oxidizer."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2014 04:25AM by jtprindl.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 10, 2014 04:17AM

I have different feelings. Sometimes I want olives or an avocado and sometimes just light fruit. If I had to choose, that would suck! So I go with the flow! smiling smiley

Date: October 10, 2014 09:31AM

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Biochemical Individuality - Why Do Different People Have Different Dominant Systems?
Posted by: John Rose
Date: October 10, 2014 05:28AM

Here is an old post of mine where I question why some people are Fast Oxidizers and why some people are Slow Oxidizers. In other words, why do different people have different dominant systems?

Re: Apple cider vinegar - Any testimonials?
Author: John Rose
Date: 06-11-03 06:20

Hi Ruah,

<<<"ACV raises the alkalinity of the extra cellular fluid that surrounds your cells."
"Apple Cider Vinegar helps your system maintain its natural pH balance"
So are these quotes wrong?>>>

Gabriel basically had to rewrite his chapter on "Acid-Base Balance, a Basic Key to Health" in his latest edition to "Conscious Eating" because of Biochemical Individuality, which was one of the three additional chapters that he added to this latest edition.

This comes from Chapter 3 in his latest edition of "Conscious Eating"...

"The startling point here is, it is not the food or nutrient that determines the alkaline or acid effect in the body. It is the dominant system of that person which determines whether a nutrient will react in an acid or alkaline way in the body." p. 49

"...the same food or supplement for people who are oxidative system- dominant will have just the opposite effect in a person whose autonomic system is the dominant force." p. 49

So Gabriel has modified his views on Acid-Base Balance based on Biochemical Individuality, but it is my belief that different people have different dominant systems because they are toxic, deficient and out of balance, and that foods and/or supplements still have minerals that make them either acid or alkaline. This is only my belief...I have never read anyone else who also thinks this way, but it sort makes sense to me. In other words, I believe that our bodies are so smart that they know how to survive when conditions are not ideal. For example, if we are constantly bombarding our bodies with acid forming foods, then our bodies become Sympathetic Dominate so that acid foods will actually alkalize us.

So is Apple Cider Vinegar an acid or a base?

It is an acid. Once again, in Chapter 8 of Gabriel's fourth edition of "Conscious Eating" - "Acid-Base Balance, a Basic Key to Health", Gab lists 10 "Ways to Acidify the System" and Apple Cider Vinegar is listed as #1. Remember, this was before he applied the concept of Biochemical Individuality. Nonetheless, Apple Cider Vinegar is still acid forming.

So now we must ask...does Apple Cider Vinegar acidify or alkalize?

According to Cousens, "...it is not the food or nutrient that determines the alkaline or acid effect in the body. It is the dominant system of that person which determines whether a nutrient will react in an acid or alkaline way in the body."

So my question is why do different people have different dominant systems?

Once again, I believe that some people are toxic, deficient and out of balance, and once they detoxify and rebuild they will be back in balance and once again acid forming foods will acidify our system.

Here are some of my notes on Biochemical Individuality from "Conscious Eating" by Gabriel Cousens...latest edition...Chapter 3.

"The startling point here is, it is not the food or nutrient that determines the alkaline or acid effect in the body. It is the dominant system of that person which determines whether a nutrient will react in an acid or alkaline way in the body." p. 49

"...the same food or supplement for people who are oxidative system- dominant will have just the opposite effect in a person whose autonomic system is the dominant force." p. 49

Oxidative System - Dominates in 60% of the population
Autonomic System - Dominates in 40% of the population - Involuntary

Oxidative System - Dominates in 60% of the population
Autonomic System - Dominates in 40% of the population - Involuntary

Oxidative System - Proteins, Carbohydrates and Fats into ATP
Glycolysis - 33% of cellular energy
Citric Acid Cycle - 66% of cellular energy
Specific vitamins and minerals are needed for these cycles.

Slow Oxidizers need High Carbohydrates and Low Fat & Protein
Fast Oxidizers need Low Carbohydrates and High Fat & Protein
Slow and Fast refers to how the Glycolysis Cycle is working
Citric Acid Cycle needs the right balance of Glycolysis and Protein & Fat catabolism.

Fast Oxidizers need C - 30-35%, P - 50-55%, F - 20-25% [acid blood]
Slow Oxidizers need C - 55-60%, P - 30-35%, F - 10-15% [alkaline blood]
Mixed Oxidizers need C - 40-45%, P - 40-45%, F - 15-20% [7.46blood]

Oxidative Dominate - Proteins and Fats alkalize, Fruits and Vegetables acidify
ANS Dominate - Proteins and Fats acidify, Fruits and Vegetables alkalize
Diets and Lifestyles impact degree of dominance.
Circadian Rhythms - P, C & F ratios vary with time of day.

Sympathetic acid blood high Carbohydrate diet
Slow Oxidizers alkaline blood high Carbohydrate diet
Fast Oxidizers acid blood high Protein diet
Parasympathetic alkaline blood high Protein diet

Sympathetic - left brain, anterior pituitary, thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal medulla, kidneys, bladder, uterus, prostate, gonads, skeletal system, cardiovascular & neuromuscular system. [Goldberg: Energizers - dominated by the thyroid, pituitary and adrenal glands.]

Parasympathetic - right brain, posterior pituitary, thymus, tonsils, parotid, lungs, adrenal cortex, pancreas, liver, gallbladder, spleen, stomach, intestines, appendix, bone marrow, digestive system, immune system, lymphatic system, respiratory system, and excretory system. Protein, carbohydrates, and fats are strongly influenced by the parasympathetic system. [Goldberg: Conservers - slows heart rate and increases intestinal, liver and pancreas activity.]

3 Queries:

1) Am I emotionally stable after eating?
2) Do I have increased physical energy after eating?
3) Am I craving any foods?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Love........John
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Date: October 10, 2014 09:43AM

Brian,

Why are you still SHOOTING INSIDE THE TENT?

Why can’t you promote your way without ATTACKING people in the same boat?

You know that your way is NOT going to Wake Up the Masses, so why are you bashing the only version that has the potential to help us reach the Tipping Point?

You claim that you have foresight and I still do NOT see it!!!

"No man is clever enough to know all the evil he does." -Francois De La Rochefoucauld

Date: October 10, 2014 11:23AM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> Yep, l am full of fructose and l cannot handle
> this any more. l am right off the boil and l have
> met my limit. The fruit has sunk me...my thinking
> skills have been down the toilet after lunch each
> day for about four days. NEVER AGAIN...i'm kicking
> fruit to the curve, and if l have it l will only
> do a little bit instead of 3 kg of watermelon.
> '
> If l had to eat lots of fruit each day l would
> have to put myself into a nursing home after a
> week. Frankly, l feel l am ready for the nursing
> home at the moment. I feel rediculous and silly
> for doing something so dumb. Pthh. Dr Brian,
> Gabriel and Lou say to limit fruit for a good
> reason...now l know why.

Too bad you didn't monitor your blood sugar during your experiment. It would have been a real eye-opener.

Hope you're feeling better today and can collect yourself.

Date: October 10, 2014 11:28AM

John, are you aware of the acid-alkaline myth?

Foods do not influence our blood pH. Blood pH is regulated primarily by respiration but also the kidneys. For example, when we digest protein, bicarbonate ions in the blood quickly buffer the acids. This process produces carbon dioxide, which is exhaled through the lungs, and salts, which are excreted by the kidneys. Throughout the process of excretion, the kidneys quickly replace the bicarbonate ions that were previously used to buffer the protein acids. Acidosis is a very serious health problem but it is not caused by eating food with an acidic pH, it's caused by pathological conditions such as chronic renal insufficiency or when the lungs cannot remove all of the carbon dioxide produced by the body.

"but it is my belief that different people have different dominant systems because they are toxic, deficient and out of balance"

So you believe everyone in the world should react exactly the same to the exact same foods but they don't because they are "toxic, deficient, or out of balance"? Seems a bit far fetched.

Date: October 10, 2014 11:36AM

<<<John, are you aware of the acid-alkaline myth?>>>

Our bodies are alkaline by design and acid by function.

"The difference between intracellular and extracellular acidity is important to understand. Acid-producing foods, such as meat, alkalinize the cytoplasm and actually deprive the DNA of the hydrogen ions that DNA needs for replication. Meat acidifies the extracellular fluid and alkalinizes the intracellular fluid, which is just the opposite of the direction we want to go. When people (often those with cancer) are told that they are very acidic (using the word “acidic” in the more common way), it is referring to the acidity of the extracellular fluid, not the intracellular fluid." -Dr. Gabriel Cousens

<<<So you believe everyone in the world should react exactly the same to the exact same foods but they don't because they are "toxic, deficient, or out of balance"?>>>

That was written 11 years ago back when you were in middle school and I have fine tuned my version of Biochemical Individuality - [www.vegsource.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2014 11:41AM by John Rose.

Date: October 10, 2014 11:41AM

""The difference between intracellular and extracellular acidity is important to understand. Acid-producing foods, such as meat, alkalinize the cytoplasm and actually deprive the DNA of the hydrogen ions that DNA needs for replication. Meat acidifies the extracellular fluid and alkalinizes the intracellular fluid, which is just the opposite of the direction we want to go. When people (often those with cancer) are told that they are very acidic (using the word “acidic” in the more common way), it is referring to the acidity of the extracellular fluid, not the intracellular fluid." -Dr. Gabriel Cousens"

I'm well aware of this, in fact, I've posted that exact same quote on this forum before... I was referring to blood pH, not intracellular and extracellular fluid. In regards to meat and acidity.... is it really the meat that acidifies the extracellular fluid or is it the inflammation and toxins produced by cooking meat?

Date: October 10, 2014 02:14PM

<<<I was referring to blood pH>>>

Where are you getting this?

Chris Kresser?

"Proponents of the alkaline diet have put forth a few different theories about how an acidic diet harms our health. The more ridiculous claim is that we can change the pH of our blood by changing the foods we eat, and that acidic blood causes disease while alkaline blood prevents it. This is not true." -Chris Kresser

Chris is using a Straw Man Argument!!!

No one says that we are changing the pH of our blood by changing the foods we eat! Our blood is our lifeline and our bodies have a bicarbonate buffer system that keeps our blood at ~7.4, which is slightly on the alkaline side.

If you are getting this from Chris, remember, Chris pushes a Paleo Diet so he's trying to rationalize his rapacity.

[www.thedoctorwithin.com]
JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF YOUR COLON
- Tim O'Shea

2. ACIDIFICATION OF THE BODY

The blood must maintain a pH between 7.3 and 7.45. (Guyton). If not, we die. With all the acid foods we keep eating, the body tries desperately to keep its pH within the range. The first things it tries are buffering with bicarbonates in the blood and lungs. (Guyton, p 392) Next, the body begins to sweep the extra acids into the tissues, especially muscles and joints. That's what actic acid buildup comes from. If that's still not enough, as a final effort to keep from acidifying, the body will actually precipitate acids out of solution, in the form of solid crystals and salts. This is the exact mechanism of gallstones, kidneys stones, uric acid crystals, plaque, and cholesterol crystals. A built-in protection for self preservation. We think of these stones as major medical problems, but in reality it's just a sign that the body's systems are functioning as they should. Otherwise we'd be dead of acidosis.

[www.thedoctorwithin.com]

Date: October 10, 2014 04:07PM

HH wrote,

<<<Oh so you already know the answer and are just using this once useful forum to troll for attention. Thanks for clearing that up.>>>

BW wrote,

<<<You're in one of your "moods" again. Knock it off.>>>

Hey BW,

Once you get on HH's bad side, he cannot let it go and every time he gets in his negatives, which is more often than not, he attacks those he feels have done him wrong.

Hey HH,

I'm sorry to see you're having another bad day!

Posted by: HH ()
Date: October 10, 2014 04:38PM

Nice try, John. I'm not the one on here screaming and swearing at people a la you and BananaWho. All people need to do is read the posts to see the truth. Say, how's the Ubuntu contributionism bar coming along these days? Are they saving the planet one cocktail at a time?

John Rose Wrote:
> HH wrote,
>
> <<>>
>
> BW wrote,
>
> <<>>
>
> Hey BW,
>
> Once you get on HH's bad side, he cannot let it go
> and every time he gets in his negatives, which is
> more often than not, he attacks those he feels
> have done him wrong.
>
> Hey HH,
>
> I'm sorry to see you're having another bad day!

Date: October 10, 2014 06:14PM

"No one says that we are changing the pH of our blood by changing the foods we eat!"

Lots of people say this, hence the myths that our bodies pull calcium from the bones and release it into the blood to stay alkaline.

Why did you just criticize Chris Kresser and then go on to state exactly what he explained in his articles regarding blood pH.. "Our blood is our lifeline and our bodies have a bicarbonate buffer system that keeps our blood at ~7.4, which is slightly on the alkaline side"? I don't have anything for or against him and I don't rely on his writing, I look at the science he has to back up what he says, it just seems odd that you just ridiculed him for having the same beliefs you do regarding blood pH.

How does meat deprive DNA of hydrogen ions? Because it forms hydroxyl ions which dehydrate the body? If so, is this the same result seen in raw meat and cooked meat?

Also, what are you trying to imply with your first response in regards to slow/fast oxidizers... that everyone should be one or the other unless they are toxic or have a deficiency? Again, seems just a tad bit far fetched.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2014 06:23PM by jtprindl.

Date: October 10, 2014 06:36PM

<<<I'm not the one on here screaming>>>

Since 93% of all Communication is NON-Verbal, I only use CAPS to emphasize certain words as if I was talking to you in person.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: October 10, 2014 06:38PM

jtprindl Wrote:
> "No one says that we are changing the pH of our
> blood by changing the foods we eat!"

[nutritionfacts.org]

If our body isn't buffering the acid formed from our diet with our bones, how is it neutralizing the acid? Maybe with our muscles! Our blood gets more acidic as we age, as our kidney function declines, and this may be a reason we lose muscle mass as we get older. The modern Western diet based on animal products generates an acid load that may cause a lifespan state of unnoticed and growing metabolic acidosis," and this chronic low-level diet-dependent metabolic acidosis might contribute to the progressive shrinking of our muscle mass as we age.

So when the latest review asks does an alkaline diet benefit health? If you're asking does a diet low in meat, eggs, and dairy—all acid producing, and high in fruits and vegetables with lots of dark green leafies, well then of course the answer is yes, an alkaline diet benefits health, but if you're asking does it matter what the pH of your pee is (whether your urine is acid or alkaline) regardless of what actually goes into your mouth? Then the answer is... still yes, it does matter, but the accepted benefits of having alkaline urine appear limited to two areas, lower risk of kidney stones and better uric acid clearance

Date: October 10, 2014 06:59PM

Panchito Wrote:
> jtprindl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "No one says that we are changing the pH of our
> > blood by changing the foods we eat!"
>
> [nutritionfacts.org]-
> with-pee-purple-cabbage/
>
> If our body isn't buffering the acid formed from
> our diet with our bones, how is it neutralizing
> the acid? Maybe with our muscles! Our blood gets
> more acidic as we age, as our kidney function
> declines, and this may be a reason we lose muscle
> mass as we get older. The modern Western diet
> based on animal products generates an acid load
> that may cause a lifespan state of unnoticed and
> growing metabolic acidosis," and this chronic
> low-level diet-dependent metabolic acidosis might
> contribute to the progressive shrinking of our
> muscle mass as we age.
>
> So when the latest review asks does an alkaline
> diet benefit health? If you're asking does a diet
> low in meat, eggs, and dairy—all acid producing,
> and high in fruits and vegetables with lots of
> dark green leafies, well then of course the answer
> is yes, an alkaline diet benefits health, but if
> you're asking does it matter what the pH of your
> pee is (whether your urine is acid or alkaline)
> regardless of what actually goes into your mouth?
> Then the answer is... still yes, it does matter,
> but the accepted benefits of having alkaline urine
> appear limited to two areas, lower risk of kidney
> stones and better uric acid clearance

Yes, when kidney's start to not work optimally, blood pH can become more acidic. However, this isn't because of the "acid load" of the animal products, it's because of decline of kidney functioning. I don't disagree that animal products can cause a build-up of uric acid or cause kidney stones... but that's not due to the pH level of the food. Notice how it says "may" and "might"... because it's not proven. They seem to be under the impression that food influences pH level. Again, it can cause the problems mentioned but those problems are not due to the pH level of the food. They're looking for answers to why muscle loss occurs but they already have and addressed the answer, damaged kidney functioning. You can tell they're confused because they used to talk about how "acid" foods took calcium from the bones and now they're switching it up and talking about muscle. It's neither, it's the kidneys!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2014 07:02PM by jtprindl.

Date: October 10, 2014 07:14PM

if you read it, it says that food create an ACID LOAD and the the PH of pee changes because of FOOD. It is not a MYTH. The only myth here is your proclaim it is a myth.

The average vegetarian diet is alkaline producing, and the average meat-eating diet is acid producing. Even though there are some acid-forming meat-substitutes, like some of the quorn prducts, they're not as bad as something like, tuna, and they're typically consumed in smaller quantities than meat consumers consume meat. As the protein in plants is usually accompanied by much more potassium, which is alkalinizing, there is good reason to meet protein needs preferably from plant sources. And if you actually measure urine pH, those eating strictly plant-based diets have the greatest advantage, significantly more alkaline urine than omnivores.

Date: October 10, 2014 07:30PM

"if you read it, it says that food create an ACID LOAD and the the PH of pee changes because of FOOD. It is not a MYTH. The only myth here is your proclaim it is a myth."

Yeah, it generates an acid load AFTER kidney functioning begins to decline. If the kidneys and lungs are working efficiently, blood pH remains the same and therefore doesn't cause acidosis. I have no quarrels with the urine pH claim, of course animal products can cause excess uric acid and lead to kidney stones, but this isn't because of the acidity of the food. Purines from animal products lead to the build-up of uric acid, and the more purines you eat (specifically from animal products), the more acidic your urine is.

Date: October 10, 2014 08:02PM

jtprindl Wrote:
> Yeah, it generates an acid load AFTER kidney
> functioning begins to decline. If the kidneys and
> lungs are working efficiently, blood pH remains
> the same and therefore doesn't cause acidosis.

Sorry, you just dont know how to read. Eat more fruit.

Date: October 10, 2014 08:03PM

Here's some more info:

[www.whfoods.com]

"Purines are natural substances found in all of the body's cells, and in virtually all foods. The reason for their widespread occurrence is simple: purines provide part of the chemical structure of our genes and the genes of plants and animals. A relatively small number of foods, however, contain concentrated amounts of purines. For the most part, these high-purine foods are also high-protein foods, and they include organ meats like kidney, fish like mackerel, herring, sardines and mussels, and also yeast....

When cells die and get recycled, the purines in their genetic material also get broken down. Uric acid is the chemical formed when purines have been broken down completely. It's normal and healthy for uric acid to be formed in the body from breakdown of purines. In our blood, for example, uric acid serves as an antioxidant and helps prevent damage to our blood vessel linings, so a continual supply of uric acid is important for protecting our blood vessels.

Uric acid levels in the blood and other parts of the body can become too high, however, under a variety of circumstances. Since our kidneys are responsible for helping keep blood levels of uric acid balanced, kidney problems can lead to excessive accumulation of uric acid in various parts of the body. Excessive breakdown of cells can also cause uric acid build-up. When uric acid accumulates, uric acid crystals (called monosodium urate crystals) can become deposited in our tendons, joints, kidneys, and other organs. This accumulation of uric acid crystals is called gouty arthritis, or simply "gout."

Date: October 10, 2014 08:05PM

Panchito Wrote:
> jtprindl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yeah, it generates an acid load AFTER kidney
> > functioning begins to decline. If the kidneys
> and
> > lungs are working efficiently, blood pH remains
> > the same and therefore doesn't cause acidosis.
>
> Sorry, you just dont know how to read. Eat more
> fruit.

This is a quote from your article: "If our body isn't buffering the acid formed from our diet with our bones, how is it neutralizing the acid? Maybe with our muscles! Our blood gets more acidic as we age, as our kidney function declines"... they literally just admitted, whether knowingly or unknowingly, that diminished kidney function results in blood becoming more acidic.

Date: October 10, 2014 08:07PM

eh? Did you read the answer? what does have anything to do with the bold quote I posted about alkaline producing, acid producing, potasium, etc? The level of conversation fails Sesame Street standard. You are answering the previous-previous post now?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2014 08:11PM by Panchito.

Date: October 10, 2014 08:09PM

"The average vegetarian diet is alkaline producing, and the average meat-eating diet is acid producing."

If they're referring to blood pH, they're wrong. If they're referring to urine pH, they're correct because meats are high in PURINES, which cause a build-up of uric acid and therefore contribute to higher urine pH levels. It's not because of the meat's pH level that causes higher urine pH.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2014 08:10PM by jtprindl.

Date: October 10, 2014 08:14PM

ah, finally. I knew it. Now you say "they" are WRONG. ja ja. Where are your references, an article from a teenager mythbuster with a youtube account?

This are the linked sources:

M. M. Adeva, G. Souto. Diet-induced metabolic acidosis. Clin Nutr 2011 30(4):416 - 421.

M. P. Thorpe, E. M. Evans. Dietary protein and bone health: Harmonizing conflicting theories. Nutr. Rev. 2011 69(4):215 - 230.

A. L. Darling, D. J. Millward, D. J. Torgerson, C. E. Hewitt, S. A. Lanham-New. Dietary protein and bone health: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2009 90(6):1674 - 1692.

J. E. Kerstetter. Dietary protein and bone: A new approach to an old question. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2009 90(6):1451 - 1452.

N. M. Maalouf, O. W. Moe, B. Adams-Huet, K. Sakhaee. Hypercalciuria associated with high dietary protein intake is not due to acid load. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2011 96(12):3733 - 3740.

J. Calvez, N. Poupin, C. Chesneau, C. Lassale, D. Tomé. Protein intake, calcium balance and health consequences. Eur J Clin Nutr 2012 66(3):281 - 295.

J. E. Kerstetter, K. O. O'Brien, D. M. Caseria, D. E. Wall, K. L. Insogna. The impact of dietary protein on calcium absorption and kinetic measures of bone turnover in women. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2005 90(1):26 - 31.

D. Assimos. Re: Hypercalciuria associated with high dietary protein intake is not due to acid load. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2011 96(12):3733 - 3740.

J. J. Cao, L. K. Johnson, J. R. Hunt. A diet high in meat protein and potential renal acid load increases fractional calcium absorption and urinary calcium excretion without affecting markers of bone resorption or formation in postmenopausal women. J. Nutr. 2011 141(3):391 - 397.

L. M. Ausman, L. M. Oliver, B. R. Goldin, M. N. Woods, S. L. Gorbach, J. T. Dwyer. Estimated net acid excretion inversely correlates with urine pH in vegans, lacto-ovo vegetarians, and omnivores. J Ren Nutr 2008 18(5):456 - 465.

G. K. Schwalfenberg. The alkaline diet: Is there evidence that an alkaline pH diet benefits health? J Environ Public Health 2012. 2012:727630.

P. Deriemaeker, D. Aerenhouts, M. Hebbelinck, P. Clarys. Nutrient based estimation of acid-base balance in vegetarians and non-vegetarians. Plant Foods Hum Nutr 2010 65(1):77 - 82.

B. Dawson-Hughes, S. S. Harris, L. Ceglia. Alkaline diets favor lean tissue mass in older adults. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2008 87(3):662 - 665.

H. C. Sherman, A. O. Gettler. The balance of acid-forming and base-forming elements in foods, and its relation to ammonia metabolism. J. Biol. Chem. 1912, 11:323-338.

H. C. Sherman. Calcium requirement of maintenance in man. J. Biol. Chem. 1920, 44:21-27.

J. E. Kerstetter, K. O. O'Brien, K. L. Insogna. Low protein intake: The impact on calcium and bone homeostasis in humans. J. Nutr. 2003 133(3):855S - 861S.

U. S. Barzel, L. K. Massey. Excess dietary protein can adversely affect bone. J Nutr. 1998 128(6):1051-1053.

L. Frassetto, A. Sebastian. Age and systemic acid-base equilibrium: Analysis of published data. J. Gerontol. A Biol. Sci. Med. Sci. 1996 51(1):B91 - B99.

A. Kanbara, Y. Miura, H. Hyogo, K. Chayama, I. Seyama. Effect of urine pH changed by dietary intervention on uric acid clearance mechanism of pH-dependent excretion of urinary uric acid. Nutr J 2012 11:39.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2014 08:15PM by Panchito.

Date: October 10, 2014 08:32PM

"ah, finally. I knew it. Now you say "they" are WRONG. ja ja. Where are your references, an article from a teenager mythbuster with a youtube account?"

It's basic human biology... our blood pH is regulated by our kidney's and respiration unless one of those biological functions isn't working properly. Like I said, if you're talking about urine pH... I already explained why meat eaters have higher urine pH levels.

Date: October 10, 2014 08:38PM

you said "they are wrong" and I answered you back. You keep jumping to old posts so as to avoid facing the conversation. Playing retard is not a way to win a convensartion, specially one that you proclaim is a MYTH. You just ingonred all the references and jumped to a quote you yourself made a way back. Hello?

Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables