Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Is the 80-10-10 diet too extreme for most people?
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: October 10, 2014 08:40PM

[onlinelibrary.wiley.com] - "There is no evidence from superior quality balance studies that increasing the diet acid load promotes skeletal bone mineral loss or osteoporosis. Changes of urine calcium do not accurately represent calcium balance. Promotion of the “alkaline diet” to prevent calcium loss is not justified."

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] - "All of the findings from this meta-analysis were contrary to the acid ash hypothesis. Higher phosphate intakes were associated with decreased urine calcium and increased calcium retention. This meta-analysis did not find evidence that phosphate intake contributes to demineralization of bone or to bone calcium excretion in the urine. Dietary advice that dairy products, meats, and grains are detrimental to bone health due to "acidic" phosphate content needs reassessment. There is no evidence that higher phosphate intakes are detrimental to bone health."

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] - "Dietary proteins also enhance IGF-1, a factor that exerts positive activity on skeletal development and bone formation. Consequently, dietary proteins are as essential as calcium and vitamin D for bone health and osteoporosis prevention. Furthermore, there is no consistent evidence for superiority of vegetal over animal proteins on calcium metabolism, bone loss prevention and risk reduction of fragility fractures."

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 10, 2014 08:42PM

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] - "A causal association between dietary acid load and osteoporotic bone disease is not supported by evidence and there is no evidence that an alkaline diet is protective of bone health."

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] - "A diet rich in fruit and vegetable intake is thought to enhance bone health as the result of its greater potassium and lower "acidic" content than a diet rich in animal protein and sodium. Consequently, there have been a number of studies of diet manipulation to enhance potassium and "alkaline" content of the diet to improve bone density or other parameters of bone health. Although acid loading or an acidic diet featuring a high protein intake may be associated with an increase in calciuria, the evidence supporting a role of these variables in the development of osteoporosis is not consistent. Similarly, intervention studies with a more alkaline diet or use of supplements of potassium citrate or bicarbonate have not consistently shown a bone health benefit. In the elderly, inadequate protein intake is a greater problem for bone health than protein excess."

I have shown you all of these studies in the past so it's clear that you just ignored them and continued to believe what you wanted to believe.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2014 08:46PM by jtprindl.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: October 10, 2014 08:50PM

The articles you just quoted are about bones! You post studies of bones to argue "they are wrong"? Do I need to remind you that the coneversation is about blood Ph?

Date: October 10, 2014 09:05PM

Panchito Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The articles you just quoted are about bones! You
> post studies of bones to argue "they are wrong"?
> Do I need to remind you that the coneversation is
> about blood Ph?

Right... because the assumption (including you and you've argued this plenty of times) is that animal products cause acidic blood pH and then leeches calcium from the bones, which is wrong. Are you now saying you were wrong and don't believe this to be true anymore? Oh and by the way, NONE of the studies you posted had anything to do with blood pH. You're so confused you don't even know what your own references are anymore. Many of them addressed the bones and urine, which is what I have been responding to.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] - "A low-carbohydrate high-protein diet with its increased acid load results in very little change in blood chemistry, and pH, but results in many changes in urinary chemistry"

And there are many, many studies proving that kidneys and respiration regulate blood pH. YOU are the one without any references spouting out nonsense and insults.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2014 09:06PM by jtprindl.

Date: October 10, 2014 09:13PM

jtprindl Wrote:
> Right... because the assumption (including you and
> you've argued this plenty of times) is that animal
> products cause acidic blood pH and then leeches
> calcium from the bones, which is wrong.

You seem to be trying to change the subject now. You said "they are WRONG", remember? THIS IS WHAT YOU WROTE:

"If they're referring to blood pH, they're wrong. If they're referring to urine pH, they're correct because meats are high in PURINES, which cause a build-up of uric acid and therefore contribute to higher urine pH levels."

So I posted the references but you jumped posting a load of irrelevant bone articles to justify "they are wrong". This is about acid forming diets, meaning blood acid forming, which is reflected in the pee.

Date: October 10, 2014 09:32PM

"You seem to be trying to change the subject now. You said "they are WRONG", remember? THIS IS WHAT YOU WROTE"

Yes, I know what I wrote and I stand by it.

"This is about acid forming diets, meaning blood acid forming, which is reflected in the pee."

WRONG, food influences urine pH but NOT blood pH. You can influence urine pH without affecting blood pH. Now I know why you are so confused. By the way, do you admit you were completely wrong about "acid" diets leeching calcium from the bones?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2014 09:33PM by jtprindl.

Date: October 10, 2014 09:47PM

bummer. LETs go back in time. This is what I posted (and that you call a myth).

[nutritionfacts.org]

The average vegetarian diet is alkaline producing, and the average meat-eating diet is acid producing. Even though there are some acid-forming meat-substitutes, like some of the quorn prducts, they're not as bad as something like, tuna, and they're typically consumed in smaller quantities than meat consumers consume meat. As the protein in plants is usually accompanied by much more potassium, which is alkalinizing, there is good reason to meet protein needs preferably from plant sources. And if you actually measure urine pH, those eating strictly plant-based diets have the greatest advantage, significantly more alkaline urine than omnivores.

So, what do you see wrong????

Date: October 10, 2014 09:56PM

Are you serious?

"And if you actually measure URINE pH, those eating strictly plant-based diets have the greatest advantage, significantly more alkaline urine than omnivores."

That has nothing to do with blood pH. I know that foods can influence urine pH, but they do NOT influence blood pH when the kidneys and lungs are functioning properly. Just so you have no more confusion (man, you are lost)... you just said "This is about acid forming diets, meaning blood acid forming". Again, do you admit you were wrong about "acid" diets leeching calcium from the bones?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2014 09:57PM by jtprindl.

Date: October 10, 2014 10:08PM

The acids in the urine COME from filtered blood. Thus, urine Ph is a direct blood ph indicator. When you eat acidic foods, your blood gets acidic, and then, later, you pee out the acids. Thus food has a direct relation to acid load in the bloood stream.

[en.wikipedia.org]

The pH of urine can vary between 4.6 and 8, with neutral (7) being norm. In persons with hyperuricosuria, acidic urine can contribute to the formation of stones of uric acid in the kidneys, ureters, or bladder.[11] Urine pH can be monitored by a physician[12] or at home.

A diet high in citrus, vegetables, or dairy can increase urine pH (more basic).[13] Some drugs also can increase urine pH, including acetazolamide, potassium citrate, and sodium bicarbonate.[citation needed]

A diet high in meat can decrease urine pH (more acidic).[citation needed] Cranberries, popularly thought to decrease the pH of urine, have actually been shown not to acidify urine.[14] Drugs that can decrease urine pH include ammonium chloride, chlorothiazide diuretics, and methenamine mandelate.[15][16]

Date: October 10, 2014 10:32PM

"Thus, urine Ph is a direct blood ph indicator."

No, it's not, not at all, and you have ZERO evidence that it is (quite simply because this is common sense). Blood pH remains the same when our kidneys and lungs are functioning properly because any acids are immediately transferred out into the urine. Foods leave behind an acidic or alkaline ash but this doesn't affect your blood pH because it is quickly removed to remain slightly alkaline (as it will always be unless you suffer from kidney problems).

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] - "A low-carbohydrate high-protein diet with its increased acid load results in very little change in blood chemistry, and pH, but results in many changes in urinary chemistry"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2014 10:35PM by jtprindl.

Date: October 10, 2014 10:32PM

Another issue is that high fruit diets such as 80-10-10 are excessively high in Potassium, and excess potassium keep copper levels high. And since there likely is not the iron levels to keep manganese and and copper under control,and because of the excessive potassium helping to keep copper levels high, this could be a big problem on possible mental functioning. The diet synergy of 80-10-10 is a mess on paper, a complete disaster. Adequate sodium levels could also be washed out by excess potassium, and low sodium levels has been documented as causing early death.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2014 10:33PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: October 10, 2014 11:02PM

I think you are missing some reality facts. When you eat an acid load, your bloods becomes more acidic. Then, when you pee (whcih could be hours later), the acid load is "gradually" expelled. And that is what you read in a ph pee test. BUT most ph pee tests are done upon awakening in the morning. Thus, you had all that acid (if low ph) during the night. Then the next day, you keep having a low ph reading. So you tell me, when are the kidneys going to do what you think they are supposed to do? It is not "quickly removed" as you say if you keep eating the wrong foods day after day. Your theory does not hold if you keep a consistent low ph day after day and have a healthy kidney. You pee to get rid of stuff but you have a limited supply of fluid to pee from. When you eat a hamburger, you may pee only a trickle. It depends also on how much or what you drink. If you were to eat alkaline foods, then you may not have to worry about drinking the gallon of water to expelled half the acid load.

jtprindl Wrote:
> "Thus, urine Ph is a direct blood ph indicator."
>
> No, it's not, not at all, and you have ZERO
> evidence that it is (quite simply because this is
> common sense). Blood pH remains the same when our
> kidneys and lungs are functioning properly because
> any acids are immediately transferred out into the
> urine. Foods leave behind an acidic or alkaline
> ash but this doesn't affect your blood pH because
> it is quickly removed to remain slightly alkaline
> (as it will always be unless you suffer from
> kidney problems).
>
> [www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
> 6/ - "A low-carbohydrate high-protein diet with
> its increased acid load results in very little
> change in blood chemistry, and pH, but results in
> many changes in urinary chemistry"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2014 11:13PM by Panchito.

Date: October 10, 2014 11:19PM

"So you tell me, when are the kidneys going to do what you think they are supposed to do? It is not "quickly removed" as you say if you keep eating the wrong foods day after day. Your theory does not hold if you keep a consistent low ph day after day and have a healthy kidney."

Yes, it is very quickly removed because our blood must remain slightly alkaline in order to avoid major health problems. If it wasn't, anyone who ate a large meal of animal products would immediately become very ill or die. Just because you don't pee right away doesn't mean it's not out of your blood right away. Acidosis does not occur unless the kidney's or lungs are not functioning properly (there are other reasons but food pH is not one of them). This is COMMON SENSE. Just as you were highly mistaken about "acidic" foods leeching calcium from the bones, you are also highly mistaken about this. You also have nothing to support this claim for the simple fact that it is not true.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2014 11:22PM by jtprindl.

Date: October 10, 2014 11:21PM

SueZ Wrote:
> The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yep, l am full of fructose and l cannot handle
> > this any more. l am right off the boil and l
> have
> > met my limit. The fruit has sunk me...my
> thinking
> > skills have been down the toilet after lunch
> each
> > day for about four days. NEVER AGAIN...i'm
> kicking
> > fruit to the curve, and if l have it l will
> only
> > do a little bit instead of 3 kg of watermelon.
> > '
> > If l had to eat lots of fruit each day l would
> > have to put myself into a nursing home after a
> > week. Frankly, l feel l am ready for the
> nursing
> > home at the moment. I feel rediculous and silly
> > for doing something so dumb. Pthh. Dr Brian,
> > Gabriel and Lou say to limit fruit for a good
> > reason...now l know why.
>
> Too bad you didn't monitor your blood sugar during
> your experiment. It would have been a real
> eye-opener.
>
> Hope you're feeling better today and can collect
> yourself.

After managing perfectly on my sprout diet with rock solid blood sugar stability, my blood sugar levels did go right out of whack after the watermelon. It got so bad that l could not concentrate and l felt l was not safe to drive my motor vehicle. I was very close to parking the car on the side of the road and getting a taxi. I was all airy fairy and light headed.

Later on l had seeds,seaweeds and algaes and felt much better, but l am still not back to normal by a long shot. I feel my watermelons were not organic because my mind feels really hazy and my mental balance is not rock solid like it normally is....l feel like a different person and am struggling to function because l have a clouded mind and feel emotional.

As for Loren Lockman saying that fruit does not cause blood sugar problems because the glycemic load is low...l am disgusted by that...sickened. I have had great stable blood sugar for years and could go with food all day without a problem with razor sharp concentration all day until about 5pm, but the STORE BOUGHT NON FRESH FRUIT smashed me into the ground and my blood sugar levels seemed to be a disaster along with possible chemical intoxication and possible fructose overdose.

Dr Clement talks about limiting sugar and says the modern day fruit is too high in sugar. I agree now. Modern day fruit is complete garbage as far as l am concerned. Other people on good diets have reported blood sugar issues too. I would propse that there would be many on these high fruit diets who have blood sugar issues but are not conscious enough to even realise it.

I am NOT impressed by any of this. Living on watermelon for the day made me feel greatly undernourished.

Date: October 10, 2014 11:32PM

Here's another one: [www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

"Milk and dairy products neither produce acid upon metabolism nor cause metabolic acidosis, and systemic pH is not influenced by diet. Observations of higher dairy product intake in countries with prevalent osteoporosis do not hold when urban environments are compared, likely due to physical labor in rural locations. Milk and other dairy products continue to be a good source of dietary protein and other nutrients. Key teaching points: Measurement of an acidic pH urine does not reflect metabolic acidosis or an adverse health condition. The modern diet, and dairy product consumption, does not make the body acidic. Alkaline diets alter urine pH but do not change systemic pH. Net acid excretion is not an important influence of calcium metabolism. Milk is not acid producing. Dietary phosphate does not have a negative impact on calcium metabolism, which is contrary to the acid-ash hypothesis."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2014 11:36PM by jtprindl.

Date: October 10, 2014 11:35PM

"After managing perfectly on my sprout diet with rock solid blood sugar stability, my blood sugar levels did go right out of whack after the watermelon. It got so bad that l could not concentrate and l felt l was not safe to drive my motor vehicle. I was very close to parking the car on the side of the road and getting a taxi. I was all airy fairy and light headed."

Maybe the more you cleanse the mind and body, the more sensitive you become to any sort of toxicity (whether from lots of sugar or potential pesticides).

Date: October 11, 2014 12:05AM

ja ja

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Urine pH is an indicator of dietary acid-base load, fruit and vegetables and meat intakes: results from the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC)-Norfolk population study.

Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, Strangeways Site, Wort's Causeway, Cambridge CB1 8RN, UK. ailsa.welch@phpc.cam.ac.uk

Abstract

Evidence exists that a more acidic diet is detrimental to bone health. Although more precise methods exist for measurement of acid-base balance, urine pH reflects acid-base balance and is readily measurable but has not been related to habitual dietary intake in general populations. The present study investigated the relationship between urine pH and dietary acid-base load (potential renal acid load; PRAL) and its contributory food groups (fruit and vegetables, meats, cereal and dairy foods). There were 22,034 men and women aged 39-78 years living in Norfolk (UK) with casual urine samples and dietary intakes from the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC)-Norfolk FFQ. A sub-study (n 363) compared pH in casual samples and 24 h urine and intakes from a 7 d diary and the FFQ. A more alkaline diet (low PRAL), high fruit and vegetable intake and lower consumption of meat was significantly associated with a more alkaline urine pH before and after adjustment for age, BMI, physical activity and smoking habit and also after excluding for urinary protein, glucose, ketones, diagnosed high blood pressure and diuretic medication. In the sub-study the strongest relationship was found between the 24 h urine and the 7 d diary. In conclusion, a more alkaline diet, higher fruit and vegetable and lower meat intake were related to more alkaline urine with a magnitude similar to intervention studies. As urine pH relates to dietary acid-base load its use to monitor change in consumption of fruit and vegetables, in individuals, warrants further investigation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2014 12:07AM by Panchito.

Date: October 11, 2014 12:10AM

Panchito, you don't even understand what you are posting.

"A more alkaline diet (low PRAL), high fruit and vegetable intake and lower consumption of meat was significantly associated with a more alkaline urine pH before and after adjustment for age, BMI, physical activity and smoking habit and also after excluding for urinary protein, glucose, ketones, diagnosed high blood pressure and diuretic medication".... this DOES NOT have any effect on blood pH!

Date: October 11, 2014 12:49AM

jtprindl Wrote:
> Panchito, you don't even understand what you are
> posting.

thats a compliment from one that alerts from myths and then tries to change subjects when questioned. How many times have you tried to derail the converstaion?

You are full of myths

Date: October 11, 2014 12:51AM

Panchito Wrote:
> jtprindl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Panchito, you don't even understand what you
> are
> > posting.
>
> thats a compliment from one that alerts from myths
> and then tries to change subjects when questioned.
> How many times have you tried to derail the
> converstaion?
>
> You are full of myths

That didn't make sense and any coherent person who reads this thread can see that you clearly just don't know what you are talking about. Not once did I change the subject, you are just very confused. But hey, if you want to believe that food changes blood pH, be my guest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2014 12:53AM by jtprindl.

Date: October 11, 2014 12:55AM

yeah, hope people read the thread so that your sesame street technique gets exposed and then make a last reasoned victory howl. what a joke. Get a pump to fatten your brain or something.

Date: October 11, 2014 12:57AM

Panchito Wrote:
> yeah, hope people read the thread so that your
> sesame street technique gets exposed and then make
> a last reasoned victory howl. what a joke. Get a
> pump to fatten your brain or something.

lol

Date: October 11, 2014 02:31AM

jtprindl Wrote:
> "No one says that we are changing the pH of our
> blood by changing the foods we eat!"
>
> Lots of people say this, hence the myths that our
> bodies pull calcium from the bones and release it
> into the blood to stay alkaline.
>
> Why did you just criticize Chris Kresser and then
> go on to state exactly what he explained in his
> articles regarding blood pH.. "Our blood is our
> lifeline and our bodies have a bicarbonate buffer
> system that keeps our blood at ~7.4, which is
> slightly on the alkaline side"? I don't have
> anything for or against him and I don't rely on
> his writing, I look at the science he has to back
> up what he says, it just seems odd that you just
> ridiculed him for having the same beliefs you do
> regarding blood pH.
>
>
> How does meat deprive DNA of hydrogen ions?
> Because it forms hydroxyl ions which dehydrate the
> body? If so, is this the same result seen in raw
> meat and cooked meat?
>
> Also, what are you trying to imply with your first
> response in regards to slow/fast oxidizers... that
> everyone should be one or the other unless they
> are toxic or have a deficiency? Again, seems just
> a tad bit far fetched.

JR, do you have a response to this?

Posted by: Living Food ()
Date: October 11, 2014 11:45PM

No jokes...l can hardly string a sentence togeather. I am in a stupor. Something is definitely wrong doing this....does NOT work for me at all. I feel all confused.

I wonder if maybe a little bit of that sugar turned into alcohol in your body.

This is a good thread with various interesting posts by members here

Yes it is. But unfortunately the way that many of those posts are worded is very off putting. Fellow raw fooders - there is no reason we have to resort to ad hominem attacks and putting other people down to get our message across. It's inevitable that not all of us will see eye-to-eye, but we should be able to have civil conversations and discuss our differences calmly and without malice. Ego should never enter the equation, and neither should hostility or negative emotions. A few key posters (you know who you are) have been making this forum a very uncomfortable place because of their hostility towards each other, and that includes people on both sides of the debate in this thread.
We're all supposed to be models of a higher way of living, so let's act like it.

Date: October 12, 2014 02:21AM

Living Food Wrote:
> No jokes...l can hardly string a sentence
> togeather. I am in a stupor. Something is
> definitely wrong doing this....does NOT work for
> me at all. I feel all confused.
>
> I wonder if maybe a little bit of that sugar
> turned into alcohol in your body.
>
>
> This is a good thread with various interesting
> posts by members here
>
> Yes it is. But unfortunately the way that many of
> those posts are worded is very off putting.
> Fellow raw fooders - there is no reason we have to
> resort to ad hominem attacks and putting other
> people down to get our message across. It's
> inevitable that not all of us will see eye-to-eye,
> but we should be able to have civil conversations
> and discuss our differences calmly and without
> malice. Ego should never enter the equation, and
> neither should hostility or negative emotions. A
> few key posters (you know who you are) have been
> making this forum a very uncomfortable place
> because of their hostility towards each other, and
> that includes people on both sides of the debate
> in this thread.
> We're all supposed to be models of a higher way of
> living, so let's act like it.

Really great to see you here Living Food, and yes, no need for anyone to try and box each other's ears.

NOW...here is something very very interesting to think about. I did the watermelon experiment again yesterday and will be doing it today as an experiment.

The day before yesterday l felt really bad and toxic and had a slight headache.

Yesterday l felt much better, certainly no way near as toxic after eating watermelon. I felt light headed but no way near as bad as the day before. SO...l measured my blood sugar levels all throughout the day and stayed in the range of 5.3 - 5.9. I was very surprised. Why am l feeling light headed after having water melon and unable to focus and concentrate???

Today l continue with the experiment. Once again the thinking is not sharp and l feel my concentration is off. Just ate a bunch of watermelon and my blood sugar is high today at 7.00. This is 1 hour after having 24 oz of green sprout juice. Hmmm, what is going on here.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: October 12, 2014 03:08AM

Now the heading below is a bit of a joke, but not too much of a joke. I have got more feedback to share on my experiment with fruit,and it is not good.

Does a high fruit diet create maniacs?

It does read like a funny title, but l seriously ask the question solely through my observation of raw vegans on high fruit diets and because of examination of myself on a high fruit diet.

Yesterday and today l feel like a completely different person. I feel alittle snippy and my nerves feel frayed and l jump at noises that l normally don't jump with. Last night l also felt slightly depressed. WOW!!!!! I never get any of that stuff on my normal diet. Normally my nerves are rock solid, my concentration is rock solid, my energy is solid, my spirits are on cloud 9, and l feel love for everything.

NOW...here is something very interesting. I am obviously not deficient in most nutrients because this sharp decline in functioning has only come on since eating fruit. I did an experiment 5+ years ago and lived on fruit and experienced frayed nerves and became so snippy one day that l ended the fruit diet immediately....I stuck my head out of the car and raised my voice at someone and l was completely shocked and knew l was losing my marbles and had just became a maniac, and l knew the fruit was to blame.

I have observed many maniacs on high fruit diets, and so has Dr Wilson apparently. What is going on with people on high fruit diets and abusive behavior, agression and snippy behaviour???

I don't agree with most things Dr Wilson says, but this section of his website is interesting about people eating high fruit diets. I have suffered all three of these symptoms in the last two days.

Mental/emotional symptoms. These are very common and include anxiety, depression, irritability, and even panic attacks. We know this because when a person who is eating a lot of fruit and having any of these symptoms stops eating fruit, often these symptoms vanish within a few days to a few weeks. If a person has eaten fruit for a long time, symptoms may take longer to reverse.

Anger and belligerence. Another interesting symptom that occurs is the development of a stubborn, and often belligerent and angry nature. This could be due to a zinc deficiency or perhaps a B-vitamin deficiency of some type. It may be due to a more yin condition, which makes a person more fearful and anxious.

Loss of mental acuity. This symptom, also called brain fog, is very common in those who eat a lot of fruit and sometimes seen in those who eat any fruit at all. It is often due to yeast overgrowth in the brain. Low iodine may also play a role, or perhaps low levels of some of the B-complex vitamins. Taking supplements of these nutrients may help, but frequently they are not enough to stop the progress of this mental degeneration that is very sad to observe

[drlwilson.com]

Now obviously my brain fog is not yeast overgrowth in the brain, but maybe it might be something to do with a highly inflamed brain due to excessive consumption of fructose??? It is obvious not B vitamin deficiencies because l had a big FRESH green juice,so all l can work out is that it might be hiugh levels of sugar. NOW....Dr Coisens and Dr Clement says that there is no difference between fruit sugar and refined sugar. Could this be why certain children and humans behave badly when they consume lots of sugar? Hard to know what to think.

Conclusion

I am so glad l did this experiment with a fruit based diet. I have learned much and know that store bought fruit is a highly dubious food that needs to be consumed in strict moderation. I can understand why Lou, Dr Brian and Gabriel say what they do about fruit sugars.

The fact that so many on high fruit diets are snippy tell me that such a diet is not suited to them and seems only suited for the minority of people. Some people on high fruit diets stay coolcalm and collected, but many seem to want to take on a street fighter mentality, become maniacs and talk rough to fellow humans.

Do high fruit diets cause people to become maniacs? I am really thinking it doesn't help in most people's cases.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: October 12, 2014 04:26AM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
Why am l feeling
> light headed after having water melon and unable
> to focus and concentrate???

Because of all the fermented and fermenting food in your system from all the meals before you ate the watermelon maybe? I think you need a cleaner and more systematic experiment before you put the blame on the watermelon in your case as you eat so many fermented foods. Clean those out of your system for at least a few days before trying watermelon again and then take your FBS first thing in the morning followed by blood tests timed to be synchronized with your meals in the manner explained in your kit's instructions.

Date: October 12, 2014 05:11AM

I am always willing to experiment in order to learn, just let me clean out my spare room of ferments first. winking smiley Having me give up ferments will be like pulling teeth, l am not going to like it. I am like Lou...ferments are very dear to my heart and one of the key plans to raw vegan success, especially for a sprout based diet.

Btw, the fruit diet is giving me a dried throat. I don't normally get a dried throat and have consumed close to a gallon on liquid today and also lots of watermelon.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: October 12, 2014 12:21PM

TSM/Brian wrote:

<<<Why am l feeling light headed after having water melon and unable to focus and concentrate???>>>

SueZ wrote:

<<<Because of all the fermented and fermenting food in your system from all the meals before you ate the watermelon maybe? I think you need a cleaner and more systematic experiment before you put the blame on the watermelon in your case as you eat so many fermented foods. Clean those out of your system for at least a few days before trying watermelon again and then take your FBS first thing in the morning followed by blood tests timed to be synchronized with your meals in the manner explained in your kit's instructions.>>>

Arnold Ehret said that the only people who were in a position to evaluate what they are eating are those who first cleanse themselves by doing a fast. Ehret did these experiments on himself and after he fasted he would eat different types of food and cut on himself to see how much it hurt, how much it bleed and how long it took to heal. When he ate meat after his fast and cut on himself, it hurt a lot, bleed a lot and took a long time to heal. In contrast, when he ate the FOOD that are we are Biologically Designed to eat, when he ate FOOD that actually wants us to eat it, when he ate FOOD that we have a symbiotic relationship with, when he ate those True Love Notes from God - FRUIT and cut on himself, it didn't hurt very much, it didn't bleed very much and it healed right away.

Interestingly, I just finished another 30 Day Juice Feast and I broke my Fast yesterday with Sprouts and Fermented Foods instead of Fruit like I usually do and instead of wanting to spread our message about eating Raw Food, I had DELUSIONS of ENLIGHTENMENT and spent all day talking to myself while the whole time I thought I was communicating with "outside beings"! All of a sudden, I didn't want to cooperate with my fellow Raw Fooders anymore and I felt this uncontrollable urge to bash everyone who ate Fruit. This whole experience was so surreal because I finally got to hang out with the "big boys," but then this morning I p-ooped those Sprouts and Fermented Foods out of me and I came to my senses.

Indeed, LIFE IS AN ILLUSION because NO MAN IS CLEVER ENOUGH TO KNOW ALL OF THE EVIL HE DOES!!!

Date: October 12, 2014 12:47PM

Hey John...

"Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables