Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
What was the one or two weird eating habits ya...
Posted by: rawdev ()
Date: February 15, 2007 07:22PM

Use to have in your lifetime?
How about now?

I know this probably belongs on one of the other boards but most people are only on this: main board.

These are referring to my childhood years but I use to use ketchup with my macaroni and cheese. Also when we'd have stew or chili for lunch/dinner I'd eat the tops.
Tops meaning when the stew or chili would sit for awhile and form the skin that was the part I ate.

One of my friends growing up would eat everything with A-1 sauce. We'd go to a pancake house (IHOP) and he'd smoother his pancakes/waffles with A-1. The smell alone just wasn't fitting for breakfast.

Why Vegan?
Because I have the most love and admiration for all animals of the earth!!!
a rawvegan hopeful, rawdev4life!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What was the one or two weird eating habits ya...
Date: February 15, 2007 07:25PM

The only thing I can think of now is when eating a banana I'd pull the rind on my teeth and eat this part along with the naner of course.

Why Vegan?

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 16, 2007 01:59AM

i use to mix nestles chocolate podwer with water and spread it on white bread for me and my brother. he thought i was a great cook cause i made this.he was 5 and me 7 and he would always love to eat my white bread with chocolate on it.

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: February 16, 2007 02:29AM

taylor that's such a cute story. thank u for sharing it made me smile. =)

Posted by: Stormyone66 ()
Date: February 16, 2007 03:14AM

Mayonaise sandwiches.

Date: February 16, 2007 03:19AM

Haha awww taylor I adore you!

The only "weird" habit I can think of is always eating my pretzels with mustard...

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: KelBel ()
Date: February 16, 2007 03:28AM

When I was young none of the food on my plate was allowed to touch each other and I ate things one at a time. I would finish one item and then turn my plate and start on the next. I wouldn't even eat a salad because it was mixed, but I would eat everything seperate that comes in a salad... one at a time.

Date: February 16, 2007 05:13PM

Awesome, keep them coming!!!

Interesting Kelbel, so in a sense you where eating mono-meals all the time.

Stormyone66 that’s funny. A cousin of mine would eat sandwiches with a combination of white bread, mustard, pickles (the cut ones that came in the jar) and ketchup. He called it a pickled sandwich.

Posted by: No5 ()
Date: February 16, 2007 06:14PM

My mom made eggs and toast for breakfast when I was a kid. I would put grape jelly on the toast and then I would fold the toast around the eggs for an egg and grape jelly sandwich.

Posted by: arilraw ()
Date: February 16, 2007 06:47PM

When I lived in Mexico, my girlfriend would take me out to eat, order something for me, and then I'd have to try it (I knew what she was ordering. I have a degree in Spanish Lit.). One evening she ordered tacos de cabeza for me. The translation is head tacos... Ok, ready? I ate sauteed cow brains, salsa, salt, lime, grilled onions and a Coke w/ice... Dddddddddddddd-vine. Simply divine.

Yeah, I LOVED it! It became my favorite dish -other than her sweet little smile, of course; damned if she didn't go back with her former boyfriend who had owned a magazine in Guadalajara, Mexico. I think she liked the money. I just practiced the impovershed student winking smiley

Thanks,

Arilraw

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: February 17, 2007 03:45AM

If I start listing all of our (me, my brother & sister's) weird food creations you'll wish you hadn't asked...

Jammy cereal, cream of caraway seed soup, sardines for breakfast, bone marrow on toast, organ meats (I loved hearts & lungs), head cheese, sugared raw egg yolks... my little brother liked to drink packets of creamer; my sister kept finding the hidden diaper ointment to snack on (Desitin - grossly fishy); I snuck mouthfuls of raw ground beef despite being told not to... and the crowning glory of our culinary feats: lard sandwiches (Im told my little sister invented them- then it just became a family favorite).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2007 03:52AM by sunshine79.

Posted by: Forrest ()
Date: February 17, 2007 11:02PM

When I was a kid I would eat chapstick! Probably a little healthier than...

maple syrup on scrambled eggs and bacon.

Chili Cheese Fritos on a bagel with cream cheese.

Pineapple Pizza? really commonplace I know, but it was my favorite pizza.

I can't believe you liked head cheese that is just so ...gnarly.

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 17, 2007 11:18PM

too funny Forrest.cHApstick/thats the best story yet!

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 18, 2007 12:39AM

Forrest that is soo funny...i ate chapstick when i was little too...i remember they were great flavors out..and they tasted just like what the scent was....not like the modern stuff haha...i remember when i was at a friends house we ate 4 tubes of chapstick between the 2 of us...banana was one of them i still remember it was the best tasting one!!!! hmmm i also used to pour ketchup on everything..no matter what i ate...i dipped raw veggies in ketchup too.....but the best part is that i didn't like tomatoes haha...go figure....i liked to smash my bread flat and firm so it was chewy instead of soft...that is all i can think of right now haha....maybe someone else will have a crazy one that i might of done but can't think of it!! haah good stories from everyone!!
love sachelle
xdoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: klandestine ()
Date: February 18, 2007 03:39AM

I was fond of putting ketchup in my Lipton's chicken noodle soup.

When I was growing up my father always salted his watermelon before he ate it and so us kids did too. . . . I was shocked when I found out that not everyone did this. My brother once silenced a whole table when out at a banquet doing this.

Posted by: na(raw)dia ()
Date: February 18, 2007 04:44AM

Hm sour cream on everything as well as salt, I'd salt pizza! everything as a kid.

Now I have to eat bananas mashed up or cut into slices....? Go figure.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 18, 2007 06:09PM

Pickle and mayo sandwiches

Whip 'n Chill for breakfast (maybe you have to be over 48 years old to know what I'm talking about)

Nothing but tomato soup for weeks at a time but adding different things to float in it for variety, esp. diced pickles and sardines

A whole jar of whipped cream, just straight into my hand and eaten up in one sitting

Cinnamon toast with lots of cinnamon, sugar and butter.

Posted by: dynamiteroyalty ()
Date: February 18, 2007 08:05PM

I used to dip lay's classic potato chips in cottage cheese. I also used to have "picnics" which really only involved cutting things up and putting toothpicks in them. oh! and grilled peanutbutter and banana sandwiches. mmm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2007 08:06PM by dynamiteroyalty.

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: February 18, 2007 08:29PM

when I was about 3 ou 4, I remember sitting in the grass with soda crackers and eating them with green grass leaves - soooo good !!

Love
Cynthia

also : a common snack from my preteen age was wild cherries in brine ( pick the cherries and let stand about an hour in salted water so they are not so tart !!!! )

Date: February 18, 2007 10:02PM

These are great!!!

One of my dad's friends would salt his apples.

I never got the whole cheesecake thing. Cheese (salty) cake (sugary), doesn't make sense.

A friend use to do this and got me hooked on it for awhile. Ramen noodles right out of the package. He'd spread the spice over it, where I just ate it plain.
I'll bet some others out there use to eat ramen noodles right out of the package.

Why Vegan?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2007 10:04PM by rawdev.

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 18, 2007 11:47PM

haha rawdev i did eat the noodles out of the packet..when i was younger and my momwas always monitoring my kcals she would buy me the lowfat version of ramen noodles..i don't think they make it anymore haha..but it was good out of the package.....or i would cook it...drink all the broth then eat the noodles...haha i ate things weird...yes i know about salt on the green apples and the watermelon...my babysitter used to eat it like that....hmm weird it tasted good though...it brought out a certian taste in the fruit.. intersting.....i like my banana's whole but i pull the skin or rind or whatever the outside of the banana is called not the peel...right after you peel it i pull the outside off with my teeth then eat the inside part it is weird i know haha
love sachelle
xxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: February 19, 2007 12:55AM

I would take ramens and break them up in bag like chips and then sprinkle the seasoning on it..i would eat the cheese off pizza and leave the crust..why are we talking about this,hahahaha, same with sandwiches..I used to love anchovies and sardine..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2007 12:56AM by coconutcream.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: February 19, 2007 01:02AM

Eating vegemite sure must sound weird, even for cooked foodists he he. Bread with margarine, vegemite and avocado was one of my favourites.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: February 19, 2007 02:18AM

papaya skins. kiwi skin. mango skin. watermelon rind.
about any fruit skin. and seeds too if i could chew them.

oops. i still DO.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 19, 2007 03:18AM

I had a bad weird thing and a good weird thing.

My bad weird thing was noodles, expecially as a teenager. Everyday after school I would cook up a pot of noodles and eat it with lots of butter (yuck!) and a glass of milk(yuck again!). Whenever I could, I would have noodles for breakfast too.

My good weird thing was grass, like cynthia. When I was in grade school, I discovered that if you gently tug on a blade of grass, you can pull it out of the grass plant without breaking it. The exposed end is tender and sweet.

Ever since I was small, I've always liked the white part of the orange peel. I still do.

My father-in-law loves to put mustard on chocolate cake.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2007 03:21AM by suncloud.

Posted by: Pyratekk ()
Date: February 19, 2007 03:32AM

I used o eat lots and lots of ramen - uncooked...

~Christi~
Natural Living Info
AP/NL mama to Jacob 10/25/2006

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: February 19, 2007 03:46AM

Mustard sandwiches! I loved them. My dad wouldn't let me eat them, so I would sneak and make one and then hide under the table to eat it! He caught me at my grandmothers house (one of my cousins ratted me out) and made me throw it away!

I always thought grown ups were no fun and had no sense of adventure - come to think of it - I still think that more often than not! But not us - we're definately out of the box!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 19, 2007 04:12AM

Yes alive! That's certainly true. Yay for us!

This thread is so funny.

Posted by: Pyratekk ()
Date: February 19, 2007 04:23AM

Cynthia - Your leaves comment made me remember something. My grandmother's yard always grew these tiny purple flowers, I remember I used to love to just sit in the middle of a bunch and eat them lol

~Christi~
Natural Living Info
AP/NL mama to Jacob 10/25/2006

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: February 19, 2007 04:28AM

One of my daughters....

Potato chips (chips, not fries) with vinegar drizzled over them - a friend of hers does this, and now all my kids love to do this - gross!

Also, she puts ranch salad dressing on almost everything. Her boyfriend does this and she just picked up the habit.

During my first pregnancy, I got such a craving for green olives. I went out and bought a big restaurant size jar, and filled a bowl with just olives for supper one night. My husband took one look at what I was eating, and said, wow, looks good, and fixed one for himself. What a guy! The daughter I ended up having has been seriously addicted to green olives her whole entire life, to this day. Interesting!

Wow suncloud - mustard on chocolate cake - that should win a prize! YUK! Good one!

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables