Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: What was the one or two weird eating habits ya...
Posted by: Pyratekk ()
Date: February 19, 2007 11:08AM

sapphire - i craved those really bad during my pregnancy too!

~Christi~
Natural Living Info
AP/NL mama to Jacob 10/25/2006

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 19, 2007 12:32PM

i used to put butter on bread
and fry it up in a pan
and have these little outdoor "luas"
i'd invite all my stuffed animals
and situate them all around me( i was a lil kid back then)
and i'd "feed" them
but of course, i'd eat all the bread

hmmm. what else
oh yeah, frozen tater tots
would heat them up in the microwave
then fry them up in a pan and eat them with ketchup

oh yeah,
what else
cheese with broccoli
would boil or steam the broccoli
then melt some cheese on top of i t

nowadays i don't even OWN a microwave or even a frying pan for that matter

but, those days did have their own peculiar charms

i couldn't stomach even reading some of those gnarly posts prior ( hee hee)
wowwwwww wowww wowwww!!

ha ha ha ha.. did make me laugh though

especially the one about mustard on cake? whooooooohhhhh

i knew a guy in elementary school who would mix ice cream with pizza and grreen beans and whatever else was on his plate

he literally mixed EVERYTHING

and ate it just like that
we used to make fun of him

he was the opposite of the mono eater

i remember being totally grossed out and fascinated at the same time

he was such a character

Posted by: rawdev ()
Date: February 19, 2007 07:51PM

la_veronique:
"i knew a guy in elementary school who would mix ice cream with pizza and grreen beans and whatever else was on his plate"

Sounds like he was eating the Army way! lol

Posted by: Ariannah ()
Date: February 19, 2007 08:17PM

Peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches.
I used to not be able to get enough of popcorn with tons of nutritional yeast flakes on it.

I used to eat a LOT of salt. It would be rare anyone would catch me saying "Eww this is too salty!". Now I don't eat any.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: February 19, 2007 09:17PM

The wierdest thing I liked to eat was saltine crackers with a dill picle on top and a dallop of ketchup on the pickle. It is making my mouth water now.

I liked eating that soft, white part of the grass too.

I loved eating honey suckle nectar. I loved showing my kids the art of pulling that stem out slowly so you could get that juice.

The best food I ever ate was the veggies straight out of my grandpa's garden. I loved the cream corn my grandma used to make. I have no idea how she made it but it was not anything like that can crap. It was sooo good. My grandma could make anything good. Even her toast was unbelievable.

Date: February 20, 2007 09:58AM

pakd4fun

<<My grandma could make anything good. Even her toast was unbelievable>>

how the HECK did yer grandma make toast taste unbelievable?
huh? I couldn't even pull that off when i was growing up
NO one could
it always tasted the same... booooorrrrring

your grandma had SOME talent . i admire that in a freaky sort of way

"<<i knew a guy in elementary school who would mix ice cream with pizza and grreen beans and whatever else was on his plate"

Sounds like he was eating the Army way! lol>>

raw dev.. you crack me up!! you are funny!
do they REALLY eat that way in the army? whoooohhh

also, i think i counted at least like a hundred times where people said the ate pickles with bread in various assorted ways

what's up with the pickle?

amazing world this is

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: February 20, 2007 03:23PM

I don't know how my grandma did it. I have tried many times to make it as good as she did. She didn't make it in the toaster. She had a gas oven and she only toasted one side in the broiler. One side was so soft and the other was buttery. It was like heaven. She also made cereal good. She always only ate "Special K" and I don't know why or how but it was so good. Funny, huh? The best was the fresh vegetables. She was from Cut and Shoot, Texas and lived way in the country. I guess country cookin' is just delish to me. But she didn't use all that bacon fat and unhealthy stuff like so many do.

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: February 20, 2007 04:16PM

My grandma made everything amazing too. The best was bread baking day, because she would also make the most wonderful tasting donuts - never tasted anything like them. But even her most ordinary snacks were so delicious - for the short time we lived in the same neighborhood as my grandmother, my mom had a hard time making me stay home to eat breakfast, haha!!

So sad I never learned her secret!

Sapphire

Date: February 20, 2007 07:00PM

la_veronique:
"do they REALLY eat that way in the army?"

My cousin was in the Army reserve for 8 years. I don't know how they eat now during training but he said they use to eat everything all in one! Mash potatoes, beans, lettuce and fruit together.

Every now and then he'll combine all his foods together and eat it this way. We call it his Gooolop!!! Sometimes when his is eating this way we'll tease him by singing the Carmen SanDiego theme song to him with the Gooolop word. It use to piss him off, now he just laughs with us.

Why Vegan?
Because I have the most love and admiration for all animals of the earth!!!
a rawvegan hopeful, rawdev4life!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2007 07:01PM by rawdev.

A whole stick of butter between
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: February 20, 2007 07:19PM

two waverly wafer crackers. If no butter - then an whole package - 8 ounces - of philadelphia cream cheese. Oh my poor gall bladder!

Re: A whole stick of butter between
Posted by: KelBel ()
Date: February 20, 2007 10:10PM

Piano Gal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If no butter - then an
> whole package - 8 ounces - of philadelphia cream
> cheese. Oh my poor gall bladder!

I use to eat cream cheese like that too. The thought is making my mouth water!

Date: February 21, 2007 04:18AM

rawdev

goooolop ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

what are WAVERLY wafer crackers?

hmmmm.... waverly waverly

sounds like a sort of hair perm style for waifs ha ha

Date: August 08, 2007 06:05PM

***bump***

Since there's so many people coming and going on this forum I thought I'd bring this back for all who needs a good laugh and wants to post there old or new weird eating habits.

I have a friend (in his 30's now) who still eats Funions with ketchup. Dipping them like french fries...

Posted by: Custom ()
Date: August 08, 2007 08:10PM

sandwiches when I was a kid consisted of butter and cheese only on white bread. I hated lunch meats, mustard and mayonnaise.

As a kid and adult, butter only on my pancakes.. and I used to like my pancakes raw in the middle with no browning on either side. Talk about a tall order to give my father to cook, if they had the slightest bit of brown on the cake I would not eat them.

my mom also tells me I used to love to drink cod liver oil straight out of the bottle. Used to sneak it when she wasn't looking.

My ex-husband, when he was young, used to like to lick car hub caps.. Wonder what his body said he was missing ha ha!

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 08, 2007 08:57PM

Rawdev...thanks for bumping this one forward. I hadn't noticed it before and it surely is entertaining.

When I was a kid, I couldn't stand the taste of eggs. So when my mom made french toast, I'd smother it in peanut butter to hide the egg flavor. I still love peanut butter (now almond butter) on just about anything. One Thanksgiving, I sucked the pimento out of all the olives and put them back in the jar. Mom wasn't happy...

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: August 08, 2007 09:39PM

This is GREAT!! I've been practically falling down laughing. Especially the chapstick, Forrest-- too funny.

When I was in college I ate frosting right out of the can a few times.

Oh... and when I was little I couldn't resist raiding the brown sugar jar and eating the lumps of sugar that invariably collected.

One of my favorite a la carte items at dinner was a mixture I'd whip up of spinach, cottage cheese and curry powder. Pretty tame, but remember, this was South Bend, Indiana in the late 1950s, where pizza was an 'exotic foreign food' and Indian cuisine was a vast unknown territory. My family was grossed out.

24 carrots--
I used to make cinnamon toast with tons of sugar and butter too. Later on I refined my technique: I'd put cinnamon and melted butter on soft, untoasted Pepperidge Farm type bread, imagining it was coffee cake.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 08, 2007 09:46PM

i used to hum while i ate ..actually apparently i still do it from time to time lol ..drove my parents insane ...tongue sticking out smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: khale ()
Date: August 08, 2007 10:49PM

lol jodi, I'm a hummer too!

I used to eat mayonnaise sandwiches and drink the pickle or olive juice from out of the jar. I also loved, loved, loved white rice slathered in butter and pink with tabasco. (I used to carry a bottle of tabasco with me in my purse. I couldn't imagine chinese without it, or french fries). I also liked cottage cheese with potato chips and french fries with mustard.

I'm sure there are many more as the "after the bar closed" munchies generally inspired some odd edibles.

fun ; )

khale

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 08, 2007 11:51PM

I used to get in trouble as a kid for singing at the table. I'm still a singer...

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 09, 2007 04:54AM

khale Wrote:

> I'm sure there are many more as the "after the bar
> closed" munchies generally inspired some odd
> edibles.
>
the bar closes?? LOL
patty

Date: August 09, 2007 05:46AM

dang
reading all this esp. the mustard on chocolate cake deal

uhhh.. makes me wanna eat a tub of fruit ( hold the margarine please)

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 09, 2007 05:47AM

Did anybody else ever eat maple syrup on snow?

We used to do that a lot when I was little. It's really good!

Posted by: venusian ()
Date: August 09, 2007 06:01AM

steak with peanut butter and horseradish sauce. I hated to eat meat and my parents insisted, so I would smear on PB and the really hot horseradish (not the mayo kind).....it got to be so that I loved it this way and continued to even request it in restaurants as an adult (great first date impressions! )...good thing I'm vegan now....another dilema solved smiling smiley

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: August 09, 2007 09:41AM

Man, some of these are making me heave!!!! :-D

During my 'bad times' I would often work through the night and have a breakfast of a can of coke and 2 slices of toast with vegan margarine and marmite (vegemite) at about 5am. The sweet and salt together tasted beeaauutiful and kept me going for a few more hours!!!

It's probably one of the things I miss the most about going raw. It's not even the caffeine/coke, it was the taste combo!

Posted by: khale ()
Date: August 09, 2007 01:03PM

haha! dewey! too funny!

ever heard Leonard Cohens' song "Closing Time"?

khale

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 09, 2007 02:28PM

NestlesQuik powder on vanilla ice cream, tamped down to moisten it or mixed in like a malted.
Penny candy - savoured - those tiny strawberries, bananas, mint leaves, twizzlers, powder in a straw but I forget the name, chocolate chunk bars, malted milk bars, crispy crunch, aero, anything milk chocolate without nuts, but with raisins, mountain dew, orange crush. etc, etc.
As an adult, I would have loved to live off espresso with a little cream and locally-made greek bakclava - it's a huge hit of caffeine and sugar and tasted good too. No wonder my body is sick now.
But otherwise as an adult much of my food was made up of simple, fresh, flavourful dishes, like peasant italian food. I always bought good quality. Mmmmmm.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 09, 2007 03:01PM

fried egg with relish and grilled cheese sandwhich drenched in maple syrup

*gag* lol thank god i grew out of that one .. i think it made my mom wanna hurl just making it lol

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: August 09, 2007 03:27PM

When I first went to college I used to make peanut butter, honey, pototoe chips and sunflower seed sandwiches! They were really good! Also peanut butter and chocolate chip sandwiches!

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 09, 2007 03:37PM

khale Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> haha! dewey! too funny!
>
> ever heard Leonard Cohens' song "Closing Time"?
>
> khale

i just listened on you tube cuz the one i was thinking of is sung by someone else. LOL the song says it all right? but hey, they do that in vegas 24/7 not just at closin time! just kiddin
patty

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 09, 2007 05:15PM

Oh and in France we used to buy a baguette stuffed with french fries from a street vendor, also socca (chana, water and olive oil, broiled), - both very greasy, though the socca isn't nearly as unhealthy, ...... also french pastries, 3-4 at a time, and celeriac remoulade (with mayo) - all so fatty!

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables