Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Are you a fruit person or a vegetable person?
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 25, 2007 11:27PM

I think it's very interesting that some raw vegans lean more towards vegetables, and some lean more towards fruit.

I've come to believe that either way is OK.

Being a high fruit person (I feel best this way), I was surprised when I came to this forum to find that many raw vegans eat a lot more vegetables than fruits. In fact some don't eat fruits at all.

I think I've learned a lot from reading what the high vegetable people have to say. It seems that showing tolerance towards other people's food choices is a good way to learn from them.

So how about you? Are you mainly a fruit person or are you mainly a vegetable person? Do you feel like telling us why? Is it because of a taste preference, do you feel better, and/or is it because of what you've read or heard? I'd like to see what people have to say, without making any judgements about their points of view.

One other question: What climate do you live in? I'm just wondering if most high fruit eaters live in warmer climates and most high vegetable eaters live in cooler climates.

Whether we're high fruit or high veggie, I love it that most of us aren't SAD. How wonderful to be able to share our thoughts and experiences on this forum!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2007 11:35PM by suncloud.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are you a fruit person or a vegetable person?
Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: February 25, 2007 11:53PM

Both, I love both fruit and veggies... I don't choose between the two, but I crave veggies and feel healthier when I eat at least 50% veggies. I never deny myself either, if that is what I feel like eating. Somedays are more fruit, some days more veggies, somedays one or the other. What ever I want... I just enjoy what ever I like, and have no rigid rules. If I want nuts or seeds, then I eat them, and if I want cooked food then I eat it... But I crave raw mostly, so most of my food is raw. I'm doing better than 99% of the population.

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: February 26, 2007 12:01AM

70% fruit in the warm months

70% veg in cooler months

i too love how we do it each our own style

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 26, 2007 02:38AM

I'm all fruit for several years. I live in Central/South Florida.

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 26, 2007 04:08AM

well-i like veggies alot but fruit more but i think somehow veggies are loaded with more vitamins.i only say this cause i think so...i really don't know why i think this.taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: February 26, 2007 05:40AM

I like fruit and live in Miami

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 26, 2007 08:01AM

hmm i like both.. i love them both actually.....when i first started raw i was mostly fruit.....but then my blood sugars were still not where i liked them...so i have been cutting out fruit and doint mostly veggies and a few fruits in my green smoothie...so i am veggies haha..although i sure do love fruits...my blood sugar is still not that great...i am thinking bryan is right when he talks about type 1 diabetes...if your pancreas is too damaged it doesn't get fixed even with raw....that is my fortake so far...i have been 4 1/2 weeks 100% raw and my blood sugars aren't any better i have come to realize....so i don't know...i can only control them with insulin...so that is what i am doing....i live in san diego so if that helps with your veggie fruit preferences in climates smiling smiley just know i prefer fruits usually though by heart...and by health i have to have veggies...i don't do oils,or seeds either
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: February 26, 2007 09:19AM

Oops...I live in California!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2007 09:20AM by Rawrrr!.

Posted by: rrraw ()
Date: February 26, 2007 09:39AM

Both fruit and vegetable person, since I eat both fruit and vegetables.

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 26, 2007 12:18PM

Sachelle,i have been so worried about you.i am so glad u have come to realize the insulin thing.i have worried and prayed every minute u would be alright.much love and hugs.taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Posted by: khale ()
Date: February 26, 2007 12:37PM

If I had to choose I'd choose veggies, but the first meal of my day includes fruit ( fruit smoothie with greens) and I LOVE my smoothies.

I'm eating more fruit than I ever have before and am really enjoying it. Yesterday I bought red bananas from Equador and can't wait to try them this morning for breakfast.

I live in Louisiana.

khale

Posted by: rrraw ()
Date: February 26, 2007 12:53PM

"I'm eating more fruit than I ever have before and am really enjoying it. Yesterday I bought red bananas from Equador and can't wait to try them this morning for breakfast."

I became happy when I read that :=)

Posted by: MissSunshine ()
Date: February 26, 2007 03:04PM

I guess I'm more of a vegetable person though I eat both. I used to love fruits, but the long I've been raw the more I disliked their taste. I like the taste of ones that are mild and not tooo sweet.

I've been grossed out by the green mold that grows on oranges, or how when I cut open a Fuji apple there is mold on the seeds, or how fermented bananas smell when they're ripe.

I think the high fruit thing is interesting though, and I might try it if I ever lived somewhere fruits were more available. I suppose living in Pennsylvania though, where there isn't a wild sweet fruit on a tree anywhere I look... I'm just not convinced that is our "natural" diet...

Posted by: thevoyager ()
Date: February 26, 2007 03:31PM

i'm definitely a fruit person. i would be content with just fruit, all of the time. even if i only had apples, strawberries, and canteloupe...i'd be happy. but from what i've been reading i need to up my greens so i'm working on that and seeing how my health improves.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: February 26, 2007 03:45PM

I am both but have always leaned toward veggies. The longer I am raw the more I want fruit. I am eating fruit as a meal more and more, and usually want it first thing in the morning. I live in southern Lousiana.

Posted by: KelBel ()
Date: February 27, 2007 12:11AM

It depends on my mood. I go through veggie weeks and fruit weeks. This week is definitly a fruit week! I did the same thing when I was on the SAD diet. One week was a sweet kick and the next I wanted nothing but bland.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 27, 2007 01:06AM

I live in New England and I love fruit and vegetables about equally-- well, maybe I like fruit a little more. :-) But I try to have greens once a day (in a smoothie) and vegetables or vegetable-fruits once a day (evening salad), and the rest of the time I eat fruit and a small amount of nuts or seeds-- seems to be working.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: February 27, 2007 02:41AM

I live in warm climates but there are mountains that are cool nearby in the winter so I have a good supply of both fruits and veggies but a by far tropical fruits are my favorites today 2 papayas for breakfast and nice ripe mangos for lunch did not decide on dinner yet.

Cherimoya

Love Peace and Happiness,

Posted by: Pyratekk ()
Date: February 27, 2007 02:44AM

I used to consider myself a veggie person until I realized the tomatoes and cucumbers are fruits. So between that and bananas lol, I'm a fruit person

~Christi~
Natural Living Info
AP/NL mama to Jacob 10/25/2006

Posted by: khale ()
Date: February 27, 2007 12:14PM

rrraw wrote:

"I became happy when I read that :=)"

Was it the poetry in "red bananas from Equador" that did it? : )

You're a beauty!

khale

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: February 27, 2007 02:01PM

I consider myself a vegetable person - but that includes tomatoes, cucumber, zuchinni, bell peppers, etc. So maybe that makes me a blend. I live in Indiana.

Life Is Good!

alive!

Posted by: tristani ()
Date: February 27, 2007 06:24PM

i'm a fruit person so far. i'm new at this but i tend to go toward sweet rather than veggies. i live in southern california(huntington beach) so it's usually great weather.

Laura

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 28, 2007 04:41AM

Thanks everybody for your replies! This reinforces the feeling for me that we all have so much in common, even though we're all maybe just a little bit different. Kind of like a family. I like it!

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: March 01, 2007 05:56PM

Fruit, FRUIT, lots more fruits, espeically love it when I can get yummy watery sweet watermelon!

Veggies..not so much.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: rawdev ()
Date: March 02, 2007 01:43AM

Actually, I'm a fat person. All 158 lbs of me!!!

Why Vegan?
Because I have the most love and admiration for all animals of the earth!!!
a rawvegan hopeful, rawdev4life!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2007 01:50AM by rawdev.

Posted by: rawdev ()
Date: March 02, 2007 01:43AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2007 01:52AM by rawdev.

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: March 02, 2007 03:29AM

Fruit- but i need to aquire more of a taste for veggies. I am addicted to sea vegtables howerver hmmmm. Oh i'm from NYC

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: cy ()
Date: March 02, 2007 06:02AM

I like both. I eat a lot of fruit,but I crave veggie juice a lot.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: March 02, 2007 08:00AM

I think overall I have always been a fruit person. When I was a kid we had blueberry bushes and apple trees so I was always picking at them and that was even on SAD. I liked drinking fruit juices and berry flavors always appealed to me. It's hard to really say because my choices were limited, I was a picky eater and still don't like certain fruits. I only make myself eat a bannana when I don't have anything to blend them with. I'll eat oranges but prefer to blend those because I don't really like the texture...Apples Grapes and Berries are my favs..and grape tomatoes since they're supposed to be a fruit.

I always liked cooked broccoli and spinach, celery, fresh string beans (canned was disgusting) corn, peas, carrots, potatoes..but liked them with butter, hidden in soup or disguised with salad dressing. But now some of these are the ones I can easily eat raw. Things like kale and cucumbers make me want to gag even in juice.

And I live in RI.

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: March 02, 2007 04:21PM

I prefer fruits. Pretty much any fruit. I can eat vegetables without much trouble. But nothing beats a good piece of ripe fruit.

Still enjoying persimmons. Just got 20 for about US$5.00. So nice. I've been eating lots lately and I can't think of any other reason why I might be putting on weight!! I'm not getting anywhere near fat. Don't think I ever could. But the weight increase is obvious.

I've been in the warmest spot in South Korea for about six months and will be here another six. Spring has already come, apparently. Incredibly early. Global Warming?

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables