Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Living Raw with Food Allergies
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 25, 2007 01:13AM

I really want to eat raw, however I am severly allergic to peanuts, soy, and tree nuts. Is it possible for me to eat raw and still have a balanced diet? Please let me know if there are resources available. Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Living Raw with Food Allergies
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: June 25, 2007 01:42AM

Yes. You can get plenty of nutrients eating only fruits and vegetables. If you desire more fats, you can get it from avocados or seeds like sesame, sunflower, hemp, etc.

There are nutritional calculators like fitday, nutridiary, nutritiondata that will give you the nutrient content of your daily menu.

Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: June 25, 2007 05:58AM

Yes!!! You can. I am also allergic to tree nuts and soy, as well as sesame, and I am doing very well on raw. I was initially worried about this issue too, but quickly discovered it isn't an issue at all! Many raw foodists don't eat nuts anyway, regardless of whether or not they're allergic, for a variety of reasons (not "natural" to eat them, cause indigestion, etc.). I rely mostly on hemp for protein, occasionally eating sunflower and pumpkin seeds. I also LOVE avocadoes! Experiment using different seeds in recipes that call for nuts, if you're into using recipes.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: June 26, 2007 08:44PM

As I sit here munching on some almonds, I have to say I agree completly with the other remarks. Soy isn't usually eaten on a raw diet anyway, and most raw people I know don't generally eat peanuts. I also eat hemp seeds for protein.

Another interesting thought is that your alergies might go away after eating raw for a while anyway. I was supposedly "alergic" to most fruit, but as I increased the amount of raw food I was eating, I also started eating a lot more fruit with no adverse effects.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables