Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

stretched skin and indented scars
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: October 12, 2007 11:13PM

this is a sore subject for me, but i need to know of any of you have had stretched skin caused by eating alot/ growing in a short amount of time, and whether it has totally or almost completely healed with rawfoods.
would eating lowfat high fruit diet and getting lots of excercise daily, and sun fully heal this? Could MSM speed the process, taking it in a powder or applying it externally?
I know my skin has healed almost full circle, besides these scar indentions of stretched skin. right now i eat high fat, and salads daily with LARGE amounts of onion, almost one a day...lol i kno ur thinking she must really stink :p
and i do! XP
I want to cut the fat but I always give back in bc I am so attracted to the onion, and I CANNOT eat the onion w/o the avo. so supplementing msm is necessary.
i dont eat much fruit right now, but i feel like i need to change, and i have decided to switch to high fruit low fat, no matter what it does for my skin.
also are there any fruits in particular that would be especially helpful for this problem?
thanks everyone :] sorry this is so long

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: stretched skin and indented scars
Posted by: pampam ()
Date: October 13, 2007 01:00AM

I have some real streached skin issues because of giveing birth and also I have many scars from various accidents. At this time I have not noticed much in repairs to my skin however I remember reading in one of ann wigmores books about wheatgrass juice healing scars. It also heals scar tisue in lungs. I have taken a bath in wheatgrass and my skin was very soft. I am very over weight and have lost about 80 pounds now since june. My skin is a little floppy but it is tightening up.

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: October 13, 2007 02:55AM

I have stretch marks from growing fast when I was in junior high. They have faded over the years, but not noticably since going raw (7-8 months ago). I think time is more of a healing factor there.

pampam--I can't afford to drink wheatgrass, nevermind bathe in it! haha

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Date: October 13, 2007 03:39AM

well I grew some this summer and a tray was starting to go yellow and my son in law started juicing it and was so proud he got a couple of cups of it so I did'nt want to drink it that was way to much any way so I took a very green bath. I soaked for a while in it and then I began to tast the grass it was kind of neat I felt so clean after wards. I recomend it to anyone it was so wonderful to soak in that green stuff. lol

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: October 13, 2007 11:44AM

PamPam,

Did you add the wheat grass juice to a bath of water?

Love,

Gypsy

Date: October 14, 2007 01:03AM

I put a small amount of water in the bath and had about two cups of grass juice and poured it on me and just soaked in it. It was heaven It also felt a bit wierd because I usually drink the juice lol

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: October 16, 2007 09:06PM

hm, i have no good news with raw foods and stretches/stretched skin.

my thighs stretched when i grew at puberty, and i got marks on the inner part.
my breasts sagged when i turned 23, and they stretched too.

pregnancy only gave me 5 tiny lines on my belly- but i was raw then, but my outer thighs got stretch marks the first pregnancy.

oh, and pregnancy added to my breast stretch marks.

my husband loves me. he says my marks aren't really visible or noticible to him, but they drive me nuts.

i'm not convinced it's a dietary thing, i think it's something else. i know plenty of horrible eating women who don't have a mark on their body from childbirth even! and i know very healthy thin women with stretch marks.

and i won't even start on my scars from crashing into barnacles in california.... i'll never be a perfect body for any purpose other than living.
and life isn't really slowed down by stretch marks or tiny scars.

peace-

Posted by: rankdurian ()
Date: October 16, 2007 09:29PM

I don't mind scars or stretch marks. I think scars are part of your roadmap of life and I feel that stretch marks, especially from puberty, and pregnancy are badges of womanhood. I love every inch of my wife ... she's beautiful.

Mama Cass,
What did you eat when pregnant? Do you feed your children raw food?

Posted by: allone01 ()
Date: October 17, 2007 12:56AM

my skin has changed a lot since i've bought a natural fiber body brush that you get to wash with in the shower. you just brush your entire body (face too) in circular directions, always toward your heart BEFORE you get in the shower.
angela stokes recommended it.
she's lost about 200 lbs since becoming raw for over 6 years i think, and her skin is tight, smooth, and glowing. she said it's helped her not have the flabby skin when you loose a lot of weight in a short time. she's one of the raw "guru's" out there.

but for me, my face has gotten tighter and smoother. trying to get rid of my acne and scars has been one of my main goals since raw came into my life. it's helped a lot but i'd say the brush has done more in less time than raw.
if you do choose this route, be gentle on your face at first cause its not used to it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables