Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

your bed and your car
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 12, 2007 12:50AM

You know i was reflecting this weekend how much we spend on our cars ..compared to with our beds

and ex boss of mine spent $6000 on a bed at one time and i thought OMG thats insane ..he said it was like sleeping on a dreamy cloud

but really when you think about it ...

how much time do you spend in your car as compared to your bed

im at the tail end of 7 years financing on the one and only new car i probably will ever buy in my life lol .. total spent around $35000

ive gone thru 3 crappy $200 beds in the last 10 years and still find myself not getting a great sleep

maybe there is some merit to this good bed theory

i mean i spend like 2 hours a day in my car at the most and yet spend 8+hours in bed ..

willing to spend $35000 on a car but only a couple of $100's on a bed

whos crazy ? lol

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2007 12:51AM by Jgunn.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: your bed and your car
Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: November 12, 2007 01:08AM

Cost of car: $4,000. Used. Unsexy. Dependable. Good gas mileage.

Cost of bed: $0. Gift from a friend.

Cost of food: YIKES! But worth it. My indulgences are all organic food products.

Yeah, if I had more money, I would buy a deluxe bed and a car with fewer miles on it. And I would buy all the organic raw/vegan food my heart/stomach/desiring mind crave!!! And, a blender and a dehydrator and a spiralizer and some superfoods and a mandolin and... and... and...

"It's a bottomless bucket. You can't fill it." (S. N. Goenka)

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 12, 2007 01:53AM

You've got a point. But not every 'soft' bed...is perfect for every person. And a bed doesn't HAVE to be expensive. Try a wide variety of mattresses before you buy. Just a tip.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 12, 2007 02:51AM

car = none.

bed = queen sized, free from a friend. split box for $30 second hand.

BUT i spent a bit on linens, pillows, covers and such. my bed is quite luxurious actually. the whole bed room is. i mean, hey, i do spend an awful lot of time in there, even if it is asleep grinning smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 12, 2007 04:52AM

grinning smiley

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: November 12, 2007 05:14AM

The best beds I've ever slept on are those air mattresses, when I was an overnight guest. Only problem is they have no insulation and are cold.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: November 12, 2007 05:21AM

We're 'carefree and carfree!'-- but we can get just about anywhere we need to go on the subway or walking. Don't miss having a car one bit. I might get another bike sometime in the near future, but I love walking so there's no pressing need.

We splurged on a tempurpedic mattress and a new platform bed a few years ago. We sleep like babies on it, so it was worth it.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables