Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 4 of 28
Re: Pictures of you!
Posted by: na(raw)dia ()
Date: January 19, 2007 06:18AM

ok i give up...don't know why they're not showing up...?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2007 06:24AM by na(raw)dia.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: uti ()
Date: January 19, 2007 07:08AM

For those of you who are having difficulty posting photos see Bryan's post "Sticky: Formatting your Posts" at the very beginning of the Message List. Click on this link to see the instructions [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

I'm still learning this stuff too. The link above was my first attempt to add a link to a post. I printed out Bryan's post for a handy learning guide and reference. Looks like it works.
Uti

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: January 19, 2007 07:09AM

I don't know but I cheated and simply copy-pasted the url so I could see your pics.

Date: January 19, 2007 07:15AM

na(raw)dia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ok i give up...don't know why they're not showing
> up...?

Looks like you need to add the bracketed tags at either end of your image url.

Like this: "PRESTO!"

WOW A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN APPEARS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2007 07:27AM by uti.

Date: January 19, 2007 07:48AM

agreed grinning smiley

Posted by: Pyratekk ()
Date: January 19, 2007 02:19PM

Not the best picture of me, but decided to add mine as well. smiling smiley

~Christi~
Natural Living Info
AP/NL mama to Jacob 10/25/2006

Posted by: na(raw)dia ()
Date: January 19, 2007 05:10PM

uti Wrote:
> na(raw)dia Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ok i give up...don't know why they're not
> showing
> > up...?
>
> Looks like you need to add the your image url goes
> here bracketed tags at either end of your image
> url.
>
> Like this: "PRESTO!"

>
> WOW A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN APPEARS!!!!

Awesome THANK YOU for posting..!

Date: January 19, 2007 05:17PM

haha, amazing grinning smiley

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: January 19, 2007 05:20PM

Awwwww, Pyratekk, I love that pic of you and your little one. You guys are adorable.

And na(raw)dia, I had the same issues as you when I first tried to figure it out. smiling smiley You are gorgeous.

Posted by: Pyratekk ()
Date: January 19, 2007 06:09PM

Yogamama Wrote:
> Awwwww, Pyratekk, I love that pic of you and your
> little one. You guys are adorable.

Aw, thank you! smiling smiley

~Christi~
Natural Living Info
AP/NL mama to Jacob 10/25/2006

Posted by: JGex ()
Date: January 19, 2007 08:46PM

AVOJAMACADA Wrote:
> Alright i'll try that....drum
> roll................
> YUP-I put some pix up there of me.Enjoy.
>
> As many said-the pix of everyone here kick
> arssanal!!

Dude, that picture with the lioness is too great!

Judy

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 20, 2007 08:01AM

some really pretty chics..

Posted by: AVOJAMACADA ()
Date: January 21, 2007 03:27PM

WOW-cute pics every were!!Nice!!

See you at the top....Dorian.

added asome more...[s147.photobucket.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2007 03:35PM by AVOJAMACADA.

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: January 22, 2007 01:36PM

HIYA!

Finally got a picture uploaded to photobucket.com. My favorite picture in the world. A little bizarre. I like bizarre things. Like the first half of Frank Zappa's musical career, and of course Zen language and teachings.

If you're interested in looking at the picture, well, cut and paste the URL please!

[s119.photobucket.com]

Sorry I still couldn't get it linked to this page. I've tried and don't know what to do. Maybe an angel will tell me and it will be over.

I've tried getting this picture on my signature but it still wouldn't work. I forget who, but someone said that it wouldn't work the way Bryan told me to do it because of something, something that I didn't understand.

In addition to this picture, there are ... tell ya what, before I post this message, I'll get those two other pictures up. And if ... is willing, I'll get this picture here that I love so much onto my signature.

I now see how I could have done this pose better, but, it's okay. At the time, it seemed best. I always get a little kick and a grin from looking at this picture. Fun fun fun.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: January 22, 2007 05:10PM

Well, ok, are you sure you guys are ready for this?

Here goes...

Pre-raw Ian (about 2 years before I stopped eating cooked foods):

I ended up putting on more weight before going raw, but can't find many pre-raw pictures.

And here are some pictures from the last few weeks, I've been raw a little over 18monthes:

Company party (I had to bring my own food):

Not the greatest pics of me ever taken, but I don't really have any other ones to share (I don't end up in front of the lens very often).

Cheers,
Ian.

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: January 22, 2007 06:27PM

WOW, Ian! That's amazing!!! You look fantastic. What a difference. I bet you just feel a million times better than you ever did before.

Date: January 22, 2007 07:04PM

Amazing Ian!

Troy, why do you behead your parents? Haha!

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 23, 2007 01:18AM

wow I knew a guy who was a total raw babe raw,playgirl man. and he USED to be FAT..real fat, and its like with his new body and looks its almost like his mind did not catch up as fast and he had all these insecurities with women..it was noticeable..

he was so good looking too

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2007 01:21AM by coconutcream.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 23, 2007 02:00AM

looking good people!

coconut, i imagine it must have been hard for him to deal with people all of a sudden paying attention to him based solely on his looks. i mean, he was the same person inside but never mattered very much to those people before. what kind of message that must have been to struggle with, that his insides weren't as important as his outsides. very shallow, very sad.

Date: January 23, 2007 02:11AM

sodoffsocks Wrote:
> Well, ok, are you sure you guys are ready for
> this?
>
> Here goes...
>
> Pre-raw Ian (about 2 years before I stopped eating
> cooked foods):
> [www.monkeyview.net]
> ian.jpg

Hey Ian.... is that picture taken in the Black Rock Desert by any wild chance? Your transformation is amazing!

;o)

Judy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2007 02:12AM by JGex.

Date: January 23, 2007 02:16AM

Thanks guys. I feel more than a million times better. Super powers... winking smiley

Hey Coconutcream, did your friend's mind ever catch up?

Ian.

Date: January 23, 2007 02:18AM

Spot on Judy! Around 4th O'July, 2003, if I remember correctly. I wondered if anybody would notice the location. winking smiley

Ian.

Date: January 23, 2007 02:23AM

sodoffsocks Wrote:
> Spot on Judy! Around 4th O'July, 2003, if I
> remember correctly. I wondered if anybody would
> notice the location. winking smiley
>
> Ian.

<grin> The desert leaves rather an indelible impression on one. Hard NOT to recognize it if you've been.

Do you still go for the 4th? BM?

Judy

Date: January 23, 2007 02:36AM

Yeah, I go there as often as I can. I'm happy to say I made it out to the Playa four times (including BM) last year. First time back at BM in about 6 years, I much prefer the smaller desert trips (small being from 2 to 250 people).

Do you make it out to Black Rock often?

Ian.

Date: January 23, 2007 02:59AM

I've had friends trying to get us to go for years.... we just made our virgin trip this past year. It's a looooong drive from Georgia & we're usually busy running the festival circuit on the east coast.

I bought tickets for this year already. We're putting together a little something called B.R.A.T. Camp for '07.... ;o)

Judy

Posted by: AVOJAMACADA ()
Date: January 23, 2007 06:16AM

Yo-I'm all for hoola hoping with my neck.

sorry just found this...A protest we played once.I love Canada....Cops were watching and headbanging.I'm on bass.

BTW-props to sodoffsox.Good job man!!WOW!!YoU RULE!!

See you at the top!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2007 06:21AM by AVOJAMACADA.

Date: January 23, 2007 07:46AM

I'm working on some photos of my SAD to 80/10/10RV transition for this space later. I think they're going to cover about 30 years.

Today was a full day of yoga classes for me. I took a walk on the ashram after the 3 hour advanced hatha class this morning. I fasted this morning to see if the experience of the bliss would be different after the intensity of the practice. My little pocket digi camera went with me because I've been wanting to add a signature photo to my posts. Here's a couple of the photos I took on this warm sunny dry winter day in Northern California's "Lost Coast" area and the one I picked for my new signature.

I imported the images as jpegs from the iPhoto program on my computer to my photobucket account on the Web. Then I just copied the IMG URLs from the appropriate info boxes beside the photos I wanted to use here and pasted them in the message text box. The

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: January 23, 2007 01:18PM

Thanks Uti. I'll try again. Just with my signature. If that doesn't work then the others won't work either.

Uti, could you say a bit about the ashram, and, the location? Where in No. Cal? What's the organization and daily life like? Is there a website? What's the name of the ashram? I associate ashrams with Hinduism. Is there a Hindu base there? I see you're doing yoga there, which I also associate mostly with Hinduism.

Ooo it's there it's there it's there. I Previewed this post and see that there's a picture of me (two of me?!) at the bottom. So, I'll go ahead and see if I can get the others on this message, then post! Zowie!!

All these were taken in December of 2005 or maybe December 2004. In Southern Thailand where I lived for a couple of years. I used to live right next to some organic orchards with durian, mangosteen, rambutan, longan, and bananas. I had a semi-organic garden in a village setting where I lived and worked.

A larger image of my MostestFavoritestPictureInTheWorld This is the one where I see now where I would like to do it a bit differently. But it's still a kick just the same. I shave now but am still pretty darn skinny.

Mom, Stepdad, ?

I FORCED my parents into posing for this one!

Well, here they are. Easy. Like you said Uti. Originally I made them the largest they could be when I put them onto photobucket. Then when I previewed them to see how big they'd be, I gagged. Way too big I thought. So I made them all the "Message Borad" size. Looking at the dimensions that photobucket gives in parenthesis, it looks like they'd be much smaller. They're still real real big. Sorry.

I get real tired of playing around with new things on the internet. I'm not very savvy and things often don't go very easily. So excuse the big pictures on your computer screen please. And I wonder why the middle picture came out so much smaller than the other two.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Date: January 23, 2007 03:13PM

OK, I'll bite.... I don't have a very good photo, buut here is a recent pic taken in Amsterdam this past November.

Judy

Date: January 23, 2007 04:26PM

Here's me last summer hiking with ma dobie....

Current Page: 4 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables