Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 4 of 11
Re: MY NEW WAY OF LIVING
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 17, 2007 04:35PM

65 lbs.! Wow..that's great, so happy for you. Sounds like hubby may be coming around a bit.

I should up the amount of raw foods I eat everyday..been doing really well the last couple days though.

Today I go grocery shopping. It's amazing all the isles you don't have to go down anymore when eating raw.

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 18, 2007 04:39AM

thank u so much starfruit.that is the truth and the only way i can describe it...about when i eat and i think my tummy feels so clean inside and so lite-it almost makes me feel giddy.thank u gals for all of your kind words and support.yesterday i cleaned my girls house and i took my grandsons to see the bridge to tarabithada.it was good. we loved it.today.i ate a banana with a smidge of tahini on it.then about 5 strawberries and then a tiny bit of red rice i make for my grandson.every since my daughter and her hubby split up-no one makes him red rice.his dad always did.so now i do.he loves it so. i had to taste a couple of grains to make sure it was right.then i had a couple of grapes and then i had a big salad for dinner with romaine,bib and kale and cilantro with onions and tomatoes with lemon on top.soooo good.drinking my water.i feel so full all the time .i think i eat alot.of course today-i walked almost 7000 steps and played at the park with the kids.it is not my big exercise days-those are my days off that i exercise so hard.i miss it when i cann't do those work-outs all the time.i found nori sheets in the store now to make stuff with them. I am using the "dining in the raw "cookbook.it is pretty good. i will post the recipes i make...to say if i liked them or not.today my cooking for the grandkids consisited of sponge bob and patrick shaped pancakes and bionicales pancakes.on my days alone and off i will do more uncooking.hugs to all-taylor

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 18, 2007 11:14PM

Hi girl!!! sounds like you are doing great!!! aww how cute spongebob andpatrick shaped pancakes how did you do it?? that is awesome..you are the best grandma!!! how was that movie?? one of the girls read the book and she said it is so different then what she sees of the commercial she doesn't want to see it haha...so i don't know if i will be seeing it.....anyways...i think you are dong spectacular!! keep up the good work!!
love ya sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: February 19, 2007 02:23AM

YOu are welcome. YOur journal is such an inspirtion. YOu've made such amazing progress. COngrats!

Date: February 19, 2007 07:03PM

well-today- i don't know why-i was hungry for a baked potaote-i ate one and felt like i was going to puke.never do that again.well-i had to eat a raw pineapple to soothe my stomach.not eating much today.did some walking.it is ready for a big storm to blow in.thank u so much gals.u are the greatest.i am tired today.i am going back to bed when i should exercise.the little boys @#$%& me out.even if they are my baby dolls.gosh!more people stuck up on mt.Hood again this winter.there has been so many people stuck up there this yr.sheesh.anyway-am going to bed in the middle of the day.a whimp. i think of rawrnr...and alicehubby going every second with tons of exercise.major role models. and i am @#$%&.

Date: February 20, 2007 12:09AM

well-i walked to the store and did not feel good.i got a pineapple and heard it is good for digestion.so i ate that and drank water thru-out the day and rested.will not eat anything tonite.trying to feel better.

Date: February 20, 2007 01:55AM

Oh, sorry to hear you aren't feeling well..wishing you will feel better soon.

Try some herbal peppermint tea..good soother for tummy-aches.

Love,
Prism

Date: February 20, 2007 02:30AM

thank u Prism...u are very kind.i am feeling better.thanks.hugs taylor

Date: February 20, 2007 05:32AM

Hey taylor..sorry to hear you arne't feeling good girl...that is no fun..i know i had some vegan burger last week and was soo sick from it....it was crazy but i did feel ill and didn't know what to do.....anyways take care of yourself and rest your body...it will heal up in no time!
take care
ps check your messages i sent you a pm
love sachelle
oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 20, 2007 07:28PM

had a banana and a plum for breakfast and a green smoothie for lunch.walked.and drank my water.feel a bit better.took a laxative and boy-that was good.finally a poo happened.

Date: February 20, 2007 08:16PM

hey girl i found this website www.drnatura.com it is a colon cleanse program...189 dollars for the 3 month supply...but the results in the colon is amazing...read through the site see what you think...i know when iattended OHI they said that you needed to do an intense colon cleanse to help rid your body of parasites and things that have embedded on your intestine walls...so i think i am going to check it out...i might purchase it....but it is so interesting to read these people's testomonies...and see what they were finding..Good luck
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 21, 2007 12:09PM

sachelle-that is so much money. i have already spent a fortune turning into a raw foodist.well-that is a good idea.i just have to do smaller meals and eat more often instead of the 3 times a day kind of thing.I am going to do the mono diet thing and see how that goes.i got some exercise in yesterday.today i am doing the kickboxing and the walking.power walking.to get going again. i have been going thru a slump.i guess just not feeling good.ok-onto another good day.hugs taylor

Date: February 21, 2007 01:56PM

Dear Taylor. I know what you mean about being in a slump. I've been feeling kind of uninspired and low this week. Thanks for your message. I just eat nori by tearing it into sheets and then picking up thins with it or rolling things in it. I don't have one of those japense rolling mats. I just use my hands. I love avacado in Nori. Saurkraut too and kimchee. Last week i was just eating it with mustard which is strange but really good. You can try all sorts of thigns. If you make a nut cheese that can be really good in it too. Seaweed has so many good minerals etc. for you. I love it. Good luck my dear.
xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: February 21, 2007 07:11PM

thanks so much starfruit for your kind and informative words.well-i think i have s.a.d. the winter blues and i am on anti-depressants anyway.sheesh.it has been raining so much-i stayed in bed for the last 2 days...and tried to exercise.did but not alot.then today is sunny and i feel better.oh well-it will pass.i will try the nori sheets. ok.have a wonderful day.taylor

Date: February 22, 2007 12:08AM

well-i walked and feel better.i also made a borscht from the juliano cookbook.it was very very good. i think i need to stay away from alot of heavier stuff.i had popcorn and it just does not set well. if i have anything heavy...it sits in my guts.so the borscht felt good.so i guess i can do this.i seem to really love beets and beet juice so so much.good recipe.gonna go walk again.did a facial.washed my face with sugar and soap and dried it and put a mud mask on and then washed and dried and put olive oil on my face.very smooth.felt good.well-i pray everyone has a great day.taylor

Date: February 22, 2007 01:59AM

Lovely..nice that you enjoy making raw dishes. Try some coconut oil on your skin after bathing or showering..very conditioning especially for feet and heels.

Had my molar pulled out yesterday..ouch...but not too bad today. I did blow all raw though..due to a class I had to atttend..ended up eating too late and then going with a small cooked meal. That's ok..all raw the rest of the day.

Love,
Prism

Date: February 22, 2007 02:14AM

So gad you are feeling better! THinking of you.

Date: February 22, 2007 02:42AM

oh prism-i am so sorry and i hope u will be done soon with all the dental stuff.well-i think u did ok with a small cooked meal. i was toying with the idea of going off raw but i can not. i had that fresh beet juice mixed with carrot juice and it was like life giving nectar of the gods.i can not do it. i made a carrot truffle tonite...carrot pulp,carob powder,raisins,and pumpkin pie spice.sort of good. rolled them in flaxseed meal.my hubby ate them up.i had 2 cause of my diet.they were ok considering what they were made of.i am trying recipes so i can have alternatives at the holidays.thank u dear starfruit.love your name.hugs taylor

Date: February 22, 2007 10:39AM

hey there Taylor.....i know the feeling it is tough lately!!! but girl you do what you have to do...if you need to incorporate cooked with raw i support you...there a lot of people on this site who started 100% raw and didn't feel as good as they did with say 80% raw and 20% cooked...Rawrrr is a good example....she feels much better on most raw and some cooked...so you have to really look into it and make sure it is what you want...but remember we are always here to support you no matter what...i will still love and support your goals if you are 100% cooked smiling smiley......hmm have you thought about the possibility of no anti-depressants??? it is said that raw helps you come off meds....did you talk to your psychologist about lowering the dose and seeing if that makes you feel better....when your body starts to be more chemically balanced on raw...taking something that alters the chemical balance normally to stabalize but when it is already stabalized from raw the meds throw it off and you are back to square one before you started the meds and was all cooked...so you might want to ask about it and see if lowering helps....it will bring you down taking it if your body no longer needs it.....that might be some of the problem....soo hopefully you can figure that out and feel better....
now i am glad you are oging to try nori it is sooo good...sometimes i just tear it into pieces and eat it plain haha....i tried it with mustard and it was good THANKS starfruit smiling smiley......hmmm a japanese rolling mat works really well if you are going to be wrapping things in there.....they are like 1 dollar or 2 at asian markets......hmmm dinner thing i don't know everyone is different so it depends on what your body wants....i am having trouble because i don't usually start eating till 1 so stopping by 2 is okoay but i won't get my kcals for the day.......hmm well girl i hoped i helped some...please take care and know we are here for yoU!!!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: February 22, 2007 12:10PM

hey sachelle-funny u asked about the anti-depressants. i went to a new pharmacy and i swear i have been depressed every since i got the new pills.theya re different than the old pharmacy...by a different company.i swear i feel depressed...like i went to the pharmacy and asked them whats up with these pills?they are bigger but i have been laying for 3 days i have lain and slept and cann't get going.i swear i feel different on these pills. the pills are my life savers. eventually i will not take them. i have had a life time of depression-even when i ate totally healthy and was thin and in shape.i am afraid to get off of them yet.it may eventually be a consideration. but not now. i have only been on them a few months.they have saved me.i swear these new pills are not as strong as my other ones.i need to look them up on the web. these pills are bigger and just not doing it. i think this is the problem.when i am not on them...i lay in bed all day depressed and eat everything in site.and cry at everything.not good.every since the meds. i have gotten going and lost weight and am exercising.now with the new ones...i am sleeping and can barely exercise.something is wrong.anyway-no! i am still hanging in there raw.i love it.but my gutts don't.i need to look that up too.hugs and sachelle-e-mail me and tell me how u are doing? i have not lost weight in a while...it drives me crazy.hugs and have a good day.love taylor

Date: February 22, 2007 05:38PM

Call your Dr. and ask him about the new pills..the pharmacy could have made an error..they do that sometimes. It's up to you to take them back or to another place to have them checked out.

I'm sorry you have had depression in your life..I can't imagine what it must be like. I only had the normal grief and a bit of depression over my sisters death and really not too much over my mom's as she lived a full life. I went to my naturapath for homeopathic remedy for my depression.

Have you ever had your thyroid checked..and I'll tell you this..iron saved my life before I found raw foods. I have a very long story about what iron did for me, it totally amazes me even today. I was so amazed at the time, that I wrote it all down and I recently read it.

Hugs to you!

Love,
Prism

Date: February 22, 2007 07:46PM

Hey hun....i understnad it is a life saver...i just suggested seeing if that was the problem...and if you have switched pharmacy and feel different with different pills theni would check it out that isn't right...they could have given you the generic which yes it has all same chemicals in it...but the half life is shorter MEANING it doesn't always last the same amount as the name brand med...so for sure check into it and get help with it!!! i hope all is well with you!! take care of yourself...and good job with the raw! i am glad you are sticking with it!!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 22, 2007 11:44PM

thank u so much gals-u are the greatest.hugs taylor

Date: February 23, 2007 12:06PM

well-i had 3 banana's for breakfast and they were ripe for once.i had a tad of tahini on one.then for lunch-i may have this big apple i got from the oriental store.then tonite a green veggie soup.i am taking stuff from my fridge and blending it up and eating it.it should be good. i have red peppers and broccoli and cilantro and spinach and kale and cabbage-i am gonna blend it up and chop up more raw veggies to put in the raw soup.should be very good.am taking my power walking dvd to my grandsons and my kickbox and maybe they will do it with me.taking the little 4 yr old to story time at the library.i wish today would be nice. i could take the boys to a park and play chase with them.now that i can run.hugs taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Date: February 24, 2007 01:37AM

Haha sorry you didn't like the nori! To each her own. Hope you had a good day my dear. I just had a raw feast. Yummmm

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: February 24, 2007 04:04AM

well dearest starfruit-i found out i got the wrong kind of nori sheets . the others on this site told me the kind to get. i am so grateful to them all for being so kind and helping so much.i loved it when i was not raw.then i got some nori sheets at the regular store.the others told me to get unroasted. i did not know there was unroasted or roasted.so now i know.they say theres has no smell.so i guess i need to go look somewhere else.what was your feast starfruit?hugs taylor

Date: February 24, 2007 04:09AM

Hi there.....sounds like you did excellent yet again today!! yay you!!! hmm that is what i do with soups haha...just blend stuff together and then add chopped veggies in there...i bought some jalepeno (however you spell it) and fresh ginger....i put them in the soup now too..i grate the ginger on top and the pepper i blend up with the soupy part!!! it is soo good..just don't add to much if you don't like hot hot hot!!! but just enough is soooo good int here....yeah sorry you didn't like the nori....we sure love it haha....like i said sometimes i eat it plain just chew it up haha like a chip smiling smiley it is yummy to me....but everyone is different.....
it was sort of cold here today...i am sure not as cold as there but still haha...hmm i am so tired tonight i want to rest and go to bed but i think my friends want to hang out haha..i have been hanging out all night and i think i need to catch up on some sleep getting to bed around 4ish all week!! well take care and have a great night...talk to you soon
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 24, 2007 04:10AM

haha well you wer posting when i was....hmm yeah i wonder what kind you bought lol...usually the asian markets have unroasted.......they have the raw ones at any health food store too!!
good luck finding them
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: February 25, 2007 01:13AM

well-today i babysat and the kids loved my spiral slicer. oh my!! i had them do zucchini...they love that little device.then i fed them watermelon today and tried to make things more healthy. i love those little precious guys so much.well-i made me some fake fish patties out of rutabaga's.soooo good. in juliano's "raw" book.i rolled or dipped my patties in flaxseed meal and dried them.used them in between romaine lettuce and big slices of tomaotes and thin slices of avocado...soooo very good.i am gonna start doing more recipes and trying stuff out.the rains were horrid. i got up at 3 a.m. and got dressed and then opened the door.too much rain.went back in.but if i can get the momma and the little boys home...the rains have cleared for a bit and i can get out and do my walking.hugs to u nice ladies for being so special.taylor

Date: February 25, 2007 05:55AM

I think it is so cool how you try all these recipies. I wish i had more time for that kind of thing.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Current Page: 4 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables