Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 5 of 11
Re: MY NEW WAY OF LIVING
Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 25, 2007 06:40AM

Taylor...awesome another receipe...congrats...i agree it is awesome you are always trying something new...i stick with a few things i know haha...or i throw things together and blend haha....it always turns out good though...you sound like you had a great day sorry it was rainy that is no fun sad smiley i had a rough day too...but it was food related...i coudlnt' seem to get rid of my hunger...hmm which is so unlike my body...well take care and your welcome and thank you for being so wonderfuL!!! you make us all smile....we are a family!
love sachelle
xoxooxoxoxoxox

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 26, 2007 04:42AM

hi eveyrone! today was great...but not in the exercise dept.i mostly ran after the kids today and cleaned and cleaned somemore chasing after my sweet sweet little guys.i had one banana with tahini and one plain one for breakfast-for lunch some fake fish patties between romaine and tomatoes stuck in the middle.some pop corn tonite. i know...i love popcorn.maybe it will push thru and scrape worms out.well-tomorrow i am starting some new exercise. i am jogging. i tried it the other nite.i loved it.this is from the 245 pound woman that could not move cause of pain. i am doing all my exercises tomorrow and no body is getting my day off.it is all mine i tell u.well gals! tomorrow is another day.i want to sleep.how i love sleep.have a wonderful evening.hugs taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Date: February 26, 2007 08:27AM

taylor youare amazing...you allow yourself to eat some cooked sometimes and are okay with that...that is amazing...i ate some pasta sauce out of a can the other day...it ONLY tomato's,garlice,salt,parsley and basil...nothing else like those words you can't read haha....just those listed and i gave my body heck for it....i have been so guilty about it for the past few days...so yay for you!!! i wish i was like that....and congrats on taking control of your day off and not letting something or one take it from you.....joggins is fun..i love running......i get stares of course because most people expect me to not be able to run or even eat healthy for that matter....typical judgmental people...but i do love to run...glad you are starting to enjoy it as well.....congrats onthe wonderful day!!! talk to you soon take care
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Ps i know right it is sooo hard to deal with all this cooked around us it is so crazy...anyways i gotta get some sleep or something i had a bad day sad smiley

Date: February 26, 2007 01:13PM

Dear sachelle-u are so dear a friend.so supportive.hang in there and i know u are always doing the best.i know it is hard...all the cooked food about.my thing is the comfort foods. potatoes and gravy,i love sandwhiches with bread.well-i am trying to center on getting just enough calories...and healthy stuff.the pancakes i made yesterday did not get me.the fake store hotdogs did.i had a nibble.so today i am making carrot bread(raw).to help with my cravings.i miss bread alot.if i make raw bread to put maters on and lettuce and avocado...that should do it for me.hugs and get rest and take care my friend.hugs taylor

Date: February 26, 2007 08:43PM

i am so excited today. i got on a website and it is the portland oregon meet-up and i will go to a potluck on march the tenth and meet up with some raw foodist.one lady is an animal physic/she is older like me. i thought it would be all very beautiful young smart people like on this site. but there is some old people too. i am so excited. i e-mailed and met one gal online that will be there.i am excited. i don't know if i should take hubby or not.he is sort of a funny guy-he thinks it all tastes bad.he told my mom in law that yesterday.sooo.this is exciting.i have my carrot bread in the food dryer going. i think it will be good. a gabreil cousens recipe.3c.carrot pulp-1 vanilla bean and 1t.of cinnamon and pinch of celtic sea salt and i c.raisins(soaked and pureed).1/4 c. of flaxseed(ground).mix all up and form in a loaf and slice and put pieces of bread in food dryer.if mixture is too wet-add more flaxseed meal.so they are going now.it will take about 5 hours.it sounds so good.i already walked over 10,000 steps.so it is a good day.it is almost 1 p.m. and i had 2 banan's and that is all(one with a little tahini).i will wait to eat soup tonite.have a good day everyone.hope everyone is ok.

Date: February 27, 2007 06:51AM

HI taylor thank you you are a wonderful friend a such a big part of my life...i feel so close to you..i want to meet you in person since i feel like i already know you...it is crazy....congrats on finding out more on your raw potluck so proud of you hun!!!! it will go great...i know what you mean...don't get me wrong i love the people i have met on here and appreciate it...but i feel alone sometimes like i am the only young person out there...mostly everyone on this site is a lot older then me....but then i found starfruit who is younger as well so when it comes to the tough social things we can atlk about...without you and her i don't know where i would be...you are my rocks my support what keeps me hanging on!! i just want you to know that and thank you so much...so when you are nervous going into that potluck don't worry...know i had the same feelings like everyone was going to be so thin and beautiful and older and wiser and have been 100% raw for forever...but i found that i was one of 30 that was 100% raw...everyone else had a little cooked....and didn't follow it as strict as i did...but it was interesting and i loved it...so good luck girl i know they will all fall in love with you..you are great!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: February 27, 2007 12:34PM

Taylor sounds like you are doing well. That recipie sounds so yummy. let usknow how it turns out. I wanted to go to the raw food meetup this month in NYC but i can't bring myself to. They are going to Staten island and my friend was just burried there last month. I'm not ready to go back. Ah well next time. Well i hope you have a great time. I will message you back soon. I'm so gald we've all found each other. Lots of love.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: February 27, 2007 12:47PM

oh starfruit-that is sad. i don't blame u and i am sorry about your friend.sachelle-thanks for your words about the raw foodist meet up.i guess there is 90 members but only 8 or 9 people come to the meet ups.(potluck).they were taking about a monthly or weekly meeting(sorry a sr. moment)i cann't remember. i think like a raw foodist weekly get together where we just talk about raw foods.no potluck...then the monthly potluck.i am so grateful for this gal telling me of the meet up groups in portland. my goodness!there is tons and tons of groups that get together.knitting(i would love this) and alternative health groups that meet.pretty interesting. this gal i met online looks and sounds so nice.there was several old ladies like me.so it should be interesting.i am sort of a laid back person.well-the bread was ok.my hubby liked it.it is like pulse.i mean-it sort of is-but dried.i had it last nite with my cram of broccoli soup.today i had a banana with tahini and one plain banana.for lunch-i will have a huge apple.for dinner -my soup with some of the carrot bread i made.i will do my walking today too.love u both-u are great little gals. hugs taylor

Date: February 27, 2007 12:59PM

I love knitting!!! I'm th ebiggest knitter. yay

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: February 28, 2007 02:59AM

starfruit-me too!!well-i was a pig today.the only exercise i got was cleaning my daughters house.i had banana's for breakfast,a handful of grapes for a snack.a orange and an apple for lunch...then veggie plate for dinner.that is about it for my boring day.but 100% raw.yay!!

Date: February 28, 2007 06:16AM

HI taylor...awesome job today!!! that is good you did well...and so you rested today oh well....it is okay you are doing such wonderful things for your body it will forgive you for this one day and maybe thank you.....i love to knit as well!! aww too bad we live so far apart we could have our own RAW KNITTING club haha...smiling smiley well congrats on a wonderful day!!
love ya
sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 28, 2007 01:54PM

I'm so excited we are all knitters. Maybe we could post our projects when they are done or soemthing with pics. That would be fun haha

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: February 28, 2007 09:10PM

Awesome idea hun....that would be cool....maybe when we all have the money we can have a little get together somewhere where it is like the middle part of everyone's long trip and have our own raw knit retreat haha....keep us posted on your knitting girls...
love ya sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 01, 2007 01:25AM

OH man that would be so great. I would love to go over to the west coast and do that. Right now i'm working on this coraly pink sweater for my mom :-) Taylor where are you today. Miss you. Night girls.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 01, 2007 04:00AM

hey gals-i was gone all day.my daughter and i and the 4 yr. old went to sweet tomatoes to eat.a 40 foot salad bar.i ate lots of raw fresh pineapple and salad with lemon juice on top.so yummy.i went to barnes and noble and got a new raw cookbook.it is calledthe raw gourmet"...by nomi shannon.I am looking for raw recipes for when i go to the raw food potluck. i am depressed tonite gals. i had all these veggies and i made a cooked soup.ate a couple of cups.today was rain and then snow and more snow and rain and i and my girl did a kickbox dvd together and then i came home and walked in the rain and snow.to get my walking in.then i ate those cups of cooked soup. i mentally and physically can not do it anymore. i can not eat cooked.it makes me cringe inside.i was trying to get warm and it is not worth it.i have been doing so good too.100% raw almost every day.girls here is an afghan i crocheted recently.hugs taylor

Date: March 01, 2007 12:04PM

Oh my godness Taylor that is beautiful. I'm super bad at crocheting i can only knit. I'll post pics soon. I'm sorry you had a bad day. It happens sometimes but i'll bet you will do better today. You are doing so well.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 01, 2007 12:23PM

Dearest Starfruit.i will be so excited to see your knittings.i had knitted things before xmas.hats and mittens but nothing since.i miss knitting.no more cooked foods for this girl.well-today i go see my schizophrinic son and take him and his mentally ill gf to the dollar store.then to good will and then to eat.i always have to eat out with my kids. they are treating me but i have to.at least this place has raw foods.before that i have to go take my grandson who is 4 to school.then to my sons and then back to my daughters cause we are going to exercise together.my daughters have been fighting.my fisherman son had to go to court yesterday and i don't know the outcome yet.one daughter thinks she is crazy and the other daughter says yeah-she is.sigh.little kid -little problems and big kids-big problems.so another day.lol.hugs to all.taylor

Date: March 01, 2007 12:44PM

i made a bunch of these plce matts for our xmas table .but crocheted.

Date: March 01, 2007 12:49PM

this isnot knitting or crochet but a mirror i made. i make mirrors and birdbaths and outside garden stuffs.the mirror is really big but cost me just 6$ to make.pretty fun.

Date: March 01, 2007 12:54PM

i boo-booed.well here is the mirrors i made.its not knitting but i do that and crochet and mosaic's.

Date: March 01, 2007 11:31PM

today i was surprised to see i weigh 175.i am in my 170's.wheee!!my son was supose to take me to a lunch but i think his gf was too tired.well-i had a banana for breakfast with tahini and for lunch cream f broccoli soup and my raw bread with tomatoes and kale on it.tonite i will drink my 2 jugs of water.i walked my 10,000 steps.it is a nice day.

Date: March 02, 2007 01:41AM

Wow Taylor those are all beautiful. Congrats on the weight loss hooray. Sorry about family troubles. Know the feeling. Glad you are having a good day.
xoxo,
Starfruit

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: March 03, 2007 10:38AM

Taylor- your mirror frame is beautiful!!
I wish I could be soo creative smiling smiley

xoxopeisi

Date: March 03, 2007 01:49PM

thank u so much.u know the mirror is so huge but it cost about 6$ to make.just got a board from hubbys workshop and glued a dollar store mirror on.i look for bobbles at yard saled and got the red half marbles for 25 cents for a huge bag.then the shells at the local craft store.they are not too costly.well-i am juicing today and for a while. i am sick.head cold of which my daughter says it goes into a chest cold.GREAT!! THIS IS WHERE I GET SICK EVERY YR.FOR ONE WHOLE MONTH.LETS SEE IF NO EATING AND JUICING WILL HELP ME.THIS IS A TEST FOR RAW FOODISM.i am taking zinc capsules.this morning i need to shop.rawrrr told me to eat alot of vit.c and oranges. so i am doing this.then this morning all i had was a banana-i put it in the blender with a bit of water and crushed 1/2 a vitamin to go into the blender and some flaxseed.make a banana shake.then steamed my head with a bowl of hot water and vicks vapors and then i am drinking green tea right now.we are going to the beach overnite.with our baby boys who are naughty and nice.they love it-i was going to swim but i think not.i am taking checkers-tiddley winks-and we are taking the boys to the video store before we go-to pick out a movie or 2 that they would like to watch.mostly they are excited about the murphy bed that comes out of the wall and the little 4 yr.old last time.kept wetting his hair and then blow drying it in the bathroom at the motel cause a blowdryer is mounted to the wall in there.so he kept coming out of the bathroom with wet -ish hair and i said baby-why is your hair wet? i went in and saw why.little stinkers.so we are off to the coast for a few days.i wish i could stop sneezing.agh.this sucks big time.well-i am only juicing for the next week.happy day to all-hugs taylor

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: March 04, 2007 02:33AM

Oh, you know what I do when I feel a cold coming on..I put about 5 drops of hydrogen peroxide in an 8 oz glass of water, stir and drink it. I swear it's helped me the last few years..and even my son tried it and it helped him too.

Only use 3 to 5 drops though..and you can buy food grade hydrogen peroxide at David Wolfe website..rawfoods.com I think it is. I just use the drug store variety..and I used it in my water pik every night too.

Oh..the mirror is so pretty..do you use grout or just somekind of glue? Like that liquid nails maybe?

Love,
Prism

Date: March 05, 2007 03:13AM

thanks so very much Prism for the health tips on helping my cold. i appreciate ti so much.well-liquid nails is what i use for the mirror.since it is an inside mirror-i used a gliiter glue to fill in between all the shells and baubles.i do have a shell mirror for outside and i just put shells all very close with liquid nails and then glued tiny shells in any spaces i could.it turned out fairly nice.well-we got back from the coast. i was not going to eat cause i was sick but we were on vacation and truthfully-i pigged out for one and one half days.agh.want to shoot myself in the foot.may as well.why sabotage myself.aaghh.oh well-tomorrow is new.i will start walking and eating proper for weight loss and health.i ate bad stuff.pretzels,cake( a semi-healty cake...not icing and more like bread-whole wheat flour and raisins and cranberries._i just so mad at myself. i did not have my juicer or anything.now i understand why people ask what u take when u go on a trip.i took tons of stuff for everyone.we were inside the motel room and the kids and hubby-always hungry and munching. popcorn and cake and oranges and grapes and cheese crackers.anyway.so there it is.minus 70 pounds and what am i doing?one week till i go to the raw food potluck and i am doing bad stuff...not condusive to health or getting thinner.and after all my work to get this fat off-i eat salt and sugar things.agh.ok-back on track.we did have fun.the beach was nice and me and the family found alot of agates.

Date: March 05, 2007 03:41AM

Don't owrry my dear. Only a day and half all the bad effects it may have had will go away. Don't be too hard on yourself!

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: March 05, 2007 04:15AM

Hi Taylor! Oh, yes..I agree with Starfruit..don't be hard on yourself. It was vacation, and you had a great time, and you were 70 lbs. lighter during it!

Just start anew..like most of ussmiling smiley

Love,
PrismStartingAnewWantingToBeANewPrism

Date: March 05, 2007 04:32AM

thanks so evry much gals.i have decided tomorrow is the dawning of a new day and i will not be overeating. i am back in my element. i will juice and be walking my miles tomorrow.but i will remember i m not doing this to look better or get into skinny clothes or to be anything but healther. the dr. said no salt and no sugar.i am doing this to be lighter and to not have a burden on my heart.nor my body.i will use the healing power of raw juices to heal me and fresh air and exercise and postive strivings and faith in things like these jucies and fresh air and walking in the air.for an air bath.into my mungs and brain and exercising my body.all positive things. working around here and planting fruit trees and blueberry plants tomorrow.so onward and forward.faith and hope for long life and positive things.

Date: March 05, 2007 05:11AM

Hi taylor....well dear you are doing wonderful....don't fret about the day and half...tomorrow is a new day!!! you have done so great so far don't let those 2 days get to you!! it isn't going to reverse your 70 lb weight loss!!! keep up the good work take care
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Current Page: 5 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables