Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 7 of 11
Re: MY NEW WAY OF LIVING
Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: March 14, 2007 12:29AM

Congrats on the weight loss Taylor! That is so great. You must be feeling good. Take care

xoxo,
Starfruit

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: March 14, 2007 02:43AM

dearest sach-i don't know what to tell u.you eat very wonderful.i read your journal.i also know u out exercise me at any given moment.u do amazing.maybe it has to do with fat cells.we may get thinner but the amount still stays the same in us.what that has to do with anything -i don't know.but it might.all i can say is YOur body is feeling good and your eating good...so that is alot to be proud off.i was loosing more on being vegan.but i am loosing.today i had 2 apples.one banana and one of my raw cookies.then i had smoothie and then i had a cup of zucchini spaghetti with raw tomatoe sauce.then i made my own crackers. i had left over zucchini and the sauce so i blended it up and added flax seed meal and a no no.medium grain cornmeal...from the health food store. i added garlic and cut out parchment paper and spread my mixture on the paper and put it in the food dryer.i am eager to have some crackers with some dip of some kind.maybe a salsa.then i have my wheat berries soaking. i have a hunger for bread with a sunburger and tomatoe s and a lettuce.yummy.so tomorrow i should have my crackers done and make some salsa.then sometime by friday-i should have the bread.well-take care/sach have u looked online to see why u may not be loosing weight???i am going to look it up.hugs and take care...taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 14, 2007 09:09AM

hi there love...well i have looked it up and tried figure it out but it just doesn't seem to be anything...i lost weight at first and now i have been staying the same...it is sooo confusing....and frustrating...but i am trying to deal with it....you are losing the same as vegan i calculated it for you smiling smiley you lost 45 pounds in what 3 months and you have lost 30 pounds in the past 2 1/2 months you still have 2 weeks to lose smiling smiley anyways sounds like you are doing amazing....you are eating so great and exercising...and that sounds yummy...i don't do dehydrated things but that sure sounds good...
well hun talk to you soon..gotta get some studying done
love ya
sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 14, 2007 12:42PM

hi everyone.well last nite i made me some food dryer raw food crackers. today i may have them for lunch with some raw food soup.today is suppose to be so pretty out.all the blossoms are in bloom and the daffodils and crocuses are up.it is wonderful out.i walked yesterday at the mobile home park where we used to live and my girl lives there now.there is a ton of steep hills so it is a good work-out.i met an old friend.her and i use to walk together and we were both fat.she is such a delite.she is fatter than ever and she has diabetes and high blood pressure.so sad.she said the dr. had put her on a 1,500 calorie diet and she lost 70 pounds then got complacent.i just don't want to do this. the yo-yo thing.this is why i chose to go raw.to eat but be able to maintain.but nourish my body.so i am sort of worried about the maintaining thing.well-i guess i will just eat like i do now but i can not stay on 1000 calories for ever.i read starfruits eating and her weight listed each time.so this must be it-keeping aware of the one or 2 pounds over and go easy the next day.i think i am loosing my hair.i told my hubby and he said DOES THIS TELL U THAT MAYBE THE RAW FOOD THING MAY NOT BE GOOD? i said no-it tells me that i should be getting new hairs in and i may need a do-rag for a bit.lordy!!made me sing him the beatle song-"will u still love me ?will u still need me when i"m 64! you'll be older too!!." well thats it-walking alot today as it is nice out and eating raw and trying the raw crackers.thank u so much my dear sachelle for figuring up my weight loss.u are great.hugs taylor

Posted by: raspberry ()
Date: March 14, 2007 01:05PM

hi taylor,
thanks for dropping in at my page!
seems you're doing fine!
raw crackers sounds so good, enjoy them..
you definitely made the right choice about not wanting the yo-yo thing, because of course its not just about weight, but about your overall health.
keep up the good work!
(haha, i like that beatles song..)

oh, and some time ago, when we talked about the nori sheets, i think you said you wouldn't be eating them any more because of some high sodium content (but that's not true)... please don't stop eating them because of something i said. maybe you could read the topic "how many nori sheets" on the foods discussion board - somebody gave an advice there.

take care,
raspberry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2007 01:08PM by raspberry.

Date: March 14, 2007 01:57PM

thanks raspberry.well on the nori sheets.i did not like them.the ones i got tasted so fishy and smelt fishy.i found out i got the wrong kind.then it there was any higher sodium-i sure did not want much to do with that. i have been turned off cause i ate those fishy ones.i need to go look for the right kind.in the recipe section of this site...they all told me the kind to get. i use to love the nori rolls when i was not raw. i thought maybe raw made me smell something i had not before. thanks so much for your responses.yes! i will try and eat the right ones.no-it is not just about weight. i think this is why i have stopped losing like i was.cause i have been jucing and trying new recipes from raw food cookbooks.all so very interesting.i want to try the ground up walnuts and spices and herbs to be a taco fake meat filling.that sounds good.but i am leary as alot of the gals who are loosing weight of the nuts and the high fat content.i think i read on the front forum of dear kathy t loosing her bits of hair too.some said it was the shock of going raw or missing some nutrient. my nails have never grown and they are long and hard for the very first time in my life.sooooo weird.hugs and thank u raspberry.love to read what everyone is doing and eating. hugs and thank u for telling me of the nori sheets. taylor

Date: March 14, 2007 05:49PM

well-had 2 of my raw food cookies for breakfast.will have raw soup and my raw crakers for lunch.i feel good.then dinner-i don't know yet.i may have apples.several apples.i do drink alot of water.lots.3-32 oz.jugs a day cause it fills me up in between times.well-hugs to eveyrone and have a great day.

Date: March 14, 2007 08:26PM

hi beautiful....well no problem i figured out your weight loss and the amount of time because i know how frustrating it would be thinking you were doing better losing one way then what you are doing now...but you didn't you are doing just as wonderful as only vegan...you just have another 2 weeks to go smiling smiley....you are so amazing gal i am soooo sooo soooo sooo proud of you....aww the hair loss i hope i don't experience it....although with the lack of weight loss really i doubt i will...it is something about dropping a lot of weight quickly that does it..lack of nutrients is what it is actually...the people who get gastric bypass experience hair loss as well because their bodies aren't absorbing the nutrients it needs but hey it will come back...i had a teacher who lost her hair and it is coming back...and i have read lots of posts on here with people who have turned gray losing their hair and new rich natural haircolor strands growing back...so you never know...
well keep up the awesome work gal!!
talk with you soon
love ya
sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 14, 2007 09:24PM

thanks sachelle.well-i am ok with hair loss only it has taken me yrs to get it down my back.it goes past my shoulder blades and to the middle of my back.it is all grey.i like the grey...it looks grey with blue eyes and a tan in the summer.this summer.i may be thin.whee!!well-i am so happy to have seen u.u look so fun loving and full of life.well-i ate a plate of carrots and jimica and hummus and my raw crackers for lunch.change of plans.i did my 5 mile walk and picked a tulip tree twig that has tulips on it. and some other plants and also daffodills and hyacinth from our yard and put it inside in a vase.they are all so pretty. makes me feel it is time to get the plastic easter eggs hangin in the tree's.have a happy day.hug s taylor

Date: March 15, 2007 12:29AM

HI Taylor. Aww your wlak sounds so nice. It was beautiful here in New York today. It got up to 70. I just wanted to go and lie in cetral park all day sunbathing, but instaed i went to class in the basement of a broadway theatre. Ah well. I think YOu will be able to maintain once you've stabalized. If you just watch yourself you can enever get too out of control you know. Like if you see your up 5 lbs like you did after your vacation you just eat more carfeully for the next few days. YOur doing so well Taylor. I love reading your posts. Take care.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 15, 2007 05:21AM

Hey hun...wow your walk does sound so delightful...it was beautiful here today too..not too warm like it has been the past week...just right...i wanted to walk outside but it isn't that pretty in the neighborhood haha...mostly business and stuff not like the beautiful country i know....well your lunch sounded yummy too!!! good job today....yeah your weight will stabalize.they say when you go raw that once you hit your natural weight your body will stabalize and stay there......and then you just stick to raw sister and you will be great.....keep up the phenomonal (sp) job!!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 15, 2007 12:37PM

well gals-i have offically lost 75 pounds now. i weigh 170.i always have the boo-tay!! everything is shrinking and sadly my boobs.it is my figure type. a pear.boy i hate it.but i am who i am and thats the way it goes.i may just get to a size 14 and keep it at that weight.it is big to tiny girls but for an old lady-it may be just right to still not look so wrinkled and way older looking than i really am.today i will walk-it is another nice day. i am going to get plastic eggs to string from the trees in our yard for the little boys.we are invited to my hubbys uncles 70th wedding anniversary.can u imagen being married for sooo long?70 yrs.that is a life time.me and my hubby are going out to eat and to a movie friday nite.we are going to p.h.changs-asian food. i was so worried about my raw food thing and/or the no meat thing. hubby told me get online and find out there menu. i did.and it is great.they have raw lettuce wraps and they have vegan stuff.so i can get the lettuce wraps and then they tell the calories and the carbs and the fats for each dish.isn't that cooL? i also looked up vegan and raw food resturants here is portland.there is alot of cool places.hubby said as iread the menus...of really good sounding stuff -he said is there anything dead for him to eat.eww!! he eats meat -out.i try not to cook any in my home.he is heavy.he asked me today-how many calories do u think i have a day? i said probably 3000.so he will gain more and more.he is too tired to exercise when he gets home.poor love.he will go around once.he has type o blood and everyone in his family on both sides lives long.gabriel cousens says if u are type o blood u can basically do anything to your body and u will basically live to 86 anyway.my hubby rests in this info.anyway-i ply him with raw juices-he accepts those.well-i told him-your big bowl of ceareal with sugar and 2 pcs. of toasts with tons of butter is about 1200 calories for just breakfast and that was a big bowl of raisin bran with milk and sugar.and health bread but tons of butter spread on.i fixed him fake meat sandwich for lunch-he will only accept mayo. i made a cake for his lunches.also gave him an apple.so the lunch is about 1000 cals. cause he also has a big sack of pretzels at work(changed from chips).then dinner he ususally ahs soup and sand and then snacks thru the nite. cake and coffee and goes out and smokes.agh.i am making little changes with him. i have to keep trying raw recipes and offering them to him.sorry-too long.hugs and thank u gals for visiting me at my journal.hugs taylor

Date: March 15, 2007 07:06PM

hi devoted darling....you are amazing taylor i admire you so much inso many ways you are doing so fantastic...keep it up hun!!!! your progress is so inspirational...and your attempts with hubby are applaudable...keep trying that is all you can do and you do....awww easter i love easter...i miss my family so much especially at holiday times....well girlie i just wanted to say hi and tell you how proud i am of your amazing accomplishments
love ya
sachele
xoxoxoxooxoxoxox

Date: March 15, 2007 11:16PM

sachelle-how come u are so far from your family?? if u don't want to say this is fine...but i just wondered.you gals are so young.i love easter too sachelle. i love the flowers tulips cause to me they look like easter eggs on a stick bobbing in the air-swinging to and fro.love them and the crocuses popping up from the ground.hugs and take care and TELL US WHAT U GOT. MUCH LOVE-TAYLOR

Date: March 16, 2007 12:40AM

Dear Taylor,
Congrats! 170 that is so wonderful. Well it is really admirable what you do for your hsuband even if he isn't toatly accepting of it. Awww easter now I'm so homesick. This will be my first eater away from home. We always hang little eggs on a forsithia branch and have an easter egg hunt in the mornignw/my little sister. Awww. sad. Anyways congrats my lady.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 16, 2007 01:42AM

well-thank u so much gals. well-yes!! we will color eggs and hide them.i love spring so so much.it is so brite and so full of promise of so much.the little lambs in the fields-the flowers popping up and the blossoms everywhere. today i washed our sheets and pillows and opened all the windows in the house-to let the air breeze thru. although i read we will be having more rain and such cause we are getting alot of contaminations from china thru the air that will affect the northwest.more mercury and lead and bad stuff in the air.so sad. but what can u do?well-much love gals and i cann't wait to hear what sachelle got in the mail.hugs taylor

Date: March 16, 2007 02:05AM

hi there hun.....aww you sound like you had a wonderful day congrats....i moved away from home as soon as i graduated because i am from a very small town of 2 thousand people really....and there was nothing there for me no oppurtunities really and it wasn't a healthy environment and by that i mean food and atmosphere wise not family...they are great i love them to death....but san diego i had been visiting since i was 10 at a summer camp so i decided to move out here since it is usually always nice...ad there is a lot of healthy oppurtunties...it was for my health and sanity smiling smiley
.and i will be posting my present on my diary well what it is in just a moment haha...
love ya
sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 16, 2007 02:30AM

well dear sachelle-that makes alot of sense for moving away and also moving to a place u knew.very good.well-u know i love presents and icann't wait to know what u got.hugs taylor

Date: March 16, 2007 06:26AM

hey girl i posted it..but it looks like you haven't checked it yet haha....anyways i just wanted to say hi...
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 16, 2007 09:34AM

hi eveyrone-went to bed early cause the hubby had a bad headache.too much stress from work.my daughter and i went to the mall yesterday and at penneys-she got me a long nite gown-1.97$,normally 25$.I needed a new one-my oldone was size 3x.it was falling off of me.the new one is a size L.it is my b.d. gift.well-i had 2 juice slimfast yesterday.and a couple of apples.then some of my homemade chips with salsa(raw).then she did my nails for me. i never had nails so i did not know how.she filed them and buffed them and put some kind of hard top coat thing on them.only since raw do i have nails.my bread i made is done.i will not eat today cause we are going out to eat tonite.i am going to eat cooked food but i can get it very very lightly steamed.i am getting a totally vegan plate.then we are going to the movie.hugs and take care-have a nice day everyone.taylor

Date: March 17, 2007 08:23AM

HI there darlin...sounds like you are doing well...did your tummy get upset with the slimfast and cooked dinner??? that is awesome you are doing so well...being social and doing raw and sticking to it...congrats....you are awesome getting into a size large gown keep up the good work!!!
well take care and talk with you soon...btw what movie did you see??
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: March 17, 2007 11:47PM

I just told my room-mate that her shorts were way too big and they should go in the trash..so she got some smaller ones..and they make her legs look great. Raw foods..yeah!!

I'm glad you are buying new to replace ones too big..it's a motivator also to look where you were to were you are now.

Love,
Prism

Date: March 18, 2007 01:03AM

Hello there gorgeous gal...where are you today how are you.......the potluck went well i didn't take any pics though sorry gal....
hope all is well with you!!
take care
much love sachelle
xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxo

Date: March 18, 2007 03:58AM

well-nope the slimfast did not upset me.we went to see the zodiac movie.this guy that got stabbed by the zodiac killer went to the same church school my hubby went to.so we had to go see it.wen then walked hawthorne street.i got a 40$ medium size dress and it cost 1$and IT FITS.PRAISE BE. A MEDIUM...i love hawthorne.soo the granola heads and retro people out and retor shops.so fun.well-did good today.had an apple and a banana for breakfast and a veggie delite wrap for dinner.that has been it for today.walked alot with hubby.thanks girls.hugs and am off to watch borat with the hubby.hugs taylor

Posted by: GotVeggie ()
Date: March 18, 2007 04:18AM

keep up the great work. I'm trying to do the same

Date: March 18, 2007 10:06AM

hello darlin...well you did amazing as usual today.....do you mean the man who was stabbed like 5 or 6 times and saw the love of his life killed next to him in the bay area??? i saw it on the news the zodiac killer survivor and he told his horrible survival story of watching his girlfriend die next to him and being tied to the tree and stabbed it was soo horrible...wow that is crazy a small world huh?? well i hope you enjoyed borat....it was interesting to see what people said.....i hope you enjoyed your night hun...talk with you later
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxox
P.S. HEy GotVeggie..keep trying never give up!!! you should write a diary so we can post in there for you and help give you support!!! good luck
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 18, 2007 10:48PM

howdy gals. well-hubby is building me raised beds for my veggie growing come summer.he is also building trellis's for our grapes.the boys are still here and being naughty,i got on craigs list to look for free bricks for the garden.well-lets see.ate a apple for breakfast and some of my raw wheat bread with tahini on it and a smear of honey.then i had salad and i ahve having a sweet tooth.i had 2 of my raw cookies.it is 4p.m. and that is all i am having tonite.when the kids go-i am going on my long walk.it is so pretty out.yeah sachelle.the guy and his little woman are the ones laying on the bank and she sees someone hiding behind a tree and then approaching them.that guy hartnell went to school with my hubby to the 7th day adventist academy.he went to Laurelhurst.the movie was very good.based on alot of facts.well-over all i feel good about the raw thing, i am in the 160's now.i could not beleive a size medium sundress could fit me at this stage of the game.i was shocked.hugs taylor

Date: March 18, 2007 10:53PM

Taylor wait to go you are in the 160's now that is amazing i am sooo proud of you!!! keep up the awesome work...i wish i could say i have lost that much weight...hmm i am still trying though it isn't going so well but i am not letting it discourage me much...i am still going at it and staying rw...my body just doesn't want to release weight right now...someone said it is probably using all the raw food and extra energy to heal my body inside since going raw and i will expereience raw weight loss later on..but i am impatient haha i want it now...smiling smiley
well keep upt he good work and congrats on the veggie beds that is awesome!!
love ya
sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 18, 2007 11:01PM

Hey Taylor soudns like you are doing well. Just wanted to check in and say hi.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 18, 2007 11:53PM

Wow 160's congrats congrats!

xoxo,
Starfruit

Current Page: 7 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables