Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 2 of 10
Re: 30 day green juice fast
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 24, 2007 04:48PM

oh yeah johnson

forgot to say
that yer gonna have to keep your book . its our MAP for the voyage
and yer the captain

yer gonna have to keep up our morale
by feeding us one quote at a time ( or more)

<"You are working with the deepest and most vulnerable parts of yourself during your fast." Yes, it really is all about being kind and gentle to oneself - and, yes, allowing oneself to have fun, cutting oneself a break, telling the critical voices to shut up - it's a profoundly do-it-for-yourself thing. That is really difficult for me.>>

Aye! Any time those thoughts arise, just hunch down to the level of the ground
put your hand under your chin, and examine it like you are examining a
beautiful bug that has jewel iridescence on its chitinous shell and say to yourself " HMMm.. Wow, that IS interESTTTINGGG"!!

think of ALL your thoughts as 'INTERESTING"
then u won't have to beat yourself up

like for me today
i am thinking " whoaaaah... i'm swamped!" why did i procrastinate doing all this stuff. I GOT to do sooo much today."or i could think " Wow! loook at all this interesting stuff i GET to do today!"

the key for me is discerning the difference between "get" and "got"

like I "get" to make some celery brocco juice today
i "get" to be 15 000 feet up in the air examining strange things happening to oceanica

i "get" to be vulnerable
i "get" to feel all my "interesting" feelings

its gonnna be a torpoedoswirlingsighingsinging journey
buckle up

elevation has increased again

captain
take over

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 24, 2007 06:49PM

So I was peering through my binoculars into the waters and I saw a riptide that was going to throw me overboard and keep me drowning in the same place for the rest of my life - glad you grabbed the wheel from me in time and set us back on course.

Oh, what _shall_ we do with the drunken captain?

Our map talks a lot about aisthesis - I love with concept. It describes the moment when a person encounters, and feels the impact of, the deeper soul essence in something (or someone) in the physical world. The word literally means "to breathe in". The moment of recognition can be accompanied by a gasp. Something from outside is entering into us - at the same time, the world is taking US in, we too are breathed-in. We are built (before cooked-food perversion) to experience this sharing of soul essence in the world, to be aware that each thing-being possesses a unique identity, its own particular _eachness_ (here on Greenpeach we call this particular eachness _peachness_). We are made for the nature of each being-thing to pass into us through our hearts, which think about it, store memories about it, and engage in dialogue with it.

Unfortunately, life is screwed up, so we don't even know this, let alone experience it. I want to fast so that the sun and the song of the bird and the wind and the cat and the organic cotton blanket-friend pass into me through my broken, weeping, walking-wounded, toxic heart.

Only it won't be toxic then.

Was just reading about "juice feasting" on rawreform.com - I feel iffy about a lot of it, but I guess I'm a sucker for the going-back-in-time business - I want to go back in time since before I was born, so I think I'll go at least 110 days (am 36) - of course, my ancestors were way toxic, too, so maybe I will go on with this forever. Juice feasting allows hemp oil; I'm not ready for that - I'd feel heavy and depressed. And I want to stay pretty green for a while. Aisthesis equals breathing and breathing equals oxygen and oxygen equals green - am I right, or am I not wrong?

Wednesday I ordered from the UK supposedly organic raw young coconut water in cartons - it seems too good to be true - how can it be raw? But the combination of organic and young in the coconut world is, in fact, impossible in the States unless you live with a bunch of coconut trees who are your best friends, so I was tempted - the carton arrived today - wow that was quick. I was wondering why shipping cost a fortune. I will open it now and possibly add coconut water to my green fast, if it looks all right and feels all right if I try a sip. Greenpeach was ready for an arctic journey to the land of the midnight sun, but I guess there could be room for a little tropical ambience - so far I have just had grass juice today - 32 ounces.

Greenpeach the superboat still seaworthy, matey - no land in sight. Let's try to see Aurora Borealis from the deck - breathe that in. (It can breathe-in us.)

Posted by: dynamiteroyalty ()
Date: February 24, 2007 08:02PM

Day Three and I'm with the Get and not the Got today and let me tell you the sky is beautiful when you see it close up.

This morning I stayed in bed feeling like I had woken up to a world where I was the only person that knew I existed. I woke up a ghost this morning, but I did get out of bed and I did juice myself some love and I am happy to be here with both of you today sailing on. On a big fat juicy peach. (where you can lick the walls and say "and the snozzberries taste like snozzberries"winking smiley

Speaking of Gandhi: A genuine fast cleanses the body, mind and soul. It crucifies the flesh and to that extent sets the soul free.

Are you ready for it mah sweet babes?

Date: February 24, 2007 08:32PM

Sort of ready and sort of not...What say I throw away the life-boats so all we have is the peach - Carrie, I am glad you are the one steering - ghost-ships are cool, and full of lost treasures, as Veronique was saying about our child-minds.

You must be steering from the mast, up close to the sky - best place to steer from. I think it is a beautiful day for a sail.

"Juice myself some love" - good one - so true. I keep rereading the 'Peachy mission: enjoy life; have fun; meet nucleus for the first time in ages and say/show "Hi, nucleus, you are cool, I love you" - _yummy_ juices - important, important, important.

Juicy equals peachy (as in peachy keen Greenpeach). Green is good. When you're green inside, you're clean inside. Green juice loves you.

Green juice for president.

Serious.

Date: February 24, 2007 09:04PM

THe sun came out and I'm about to go catch it just wanted to reassure you that I am alive. So alive. Inflated with life a life balloon. and all I've got are hands for anybody thats grabbing on.

Date: February 24, 2007 09:23PM

aawWWWWRRRIGgggghhhthhhthttTT!

yep,

<<Are you ready for it mah sweet babes?>>

yeah, us sweet babes are ready esp. since johnsy the captain made a real smooth move and threw away the life rafts (YEEEHAWWWW!!!)
good move!!
that helps and i'll tell y'all courageous souls why:

i went to the local store today
got some parsley
got some spinach
got some apples etc.

i couldn't find any celery
will have to ask them to get some of them in

oh yeah, got some lemons too
that was good

there were these 2 people eating some stuff at the table in front of the store
just for a "fraction" of a second, i thought " geeeeez, so unfair"

but then i got over it ( let's say i have a very quick recovery rate)

and i jauntily skipped into the store

then there were people munching in the store due to samples and whatnot
and i had just the slightest twinge of apprehension

but i got over that too and stood the course, and bravely and very BRISKLY
walked over to the produce section

i did not hestitate

clip clip clip clop

with the precision timing of horse clods
i timed it just right

2 seconds it took for me to put in 2 parsleys into the basket
3 seconds for me it took to sort out and put 3 cilantros into the basket
4 seconds it took for me to put the parsley into the basket

clip clop clip clop

then i gallopped and gallluuupped to the organic fruit section
cuz there was a sale and it was 97 cents a pound for both applesandoranges so i got me some of those too

clip clippety clip clippety

then i got some distilled water ( though, i'll be doing some research on all the fancy schmanzy water molecule organizers some time in the future)

paid for it
got out the double glass sliding doors

and got home

so now, i GET to juice them
i really need them too

if it weren't for johnsies and carrie
i dunno
knowing that i'm on GREENPEACH with 2 fine souls is an honor
and i wanna be part of the OCEANICA EXPEDITION

i thought of my fine crew when i saw people grazing all around and about me
and it made my odyssey soooo much EASIER! ( thank ya!)

oh yeah, and later on this evening, i'm going out
i was invited to this get together
but luckily the ENTIRE thing is NOT focused on food

its gonna be a really cool event and i've been looking forward to it for some time
i'm gonna be doing a mini presentation as well so i gotta be there

but i have a PLAN!!

the plan is :
enjoy the event

and when it is over,
LEAVEEEEEEEE!!!

anyways, got some things to do at home, anyhow so can't be shufflin about there too long anyhoo

Captain:

<<I want to go back in time since before I was born,>>

Sounds VERY logical to me. That's why we are on this peach, right?
it should be a very peachy process ( as should be)

there was once a dude named johnsy
who wondered who he was before he was born
hitched a ride onto GREENPEACH
with 2 other groovin chicks who knew what we wuz doin!
he drank merrily along
and got drunk on parsleychlorophyllicilantrococonutambrosia

the more he got chlorophylically drunk
the deeper and deeper he got into his inner orbit
he lost all track of time and space
and could not even see his own hand
then he knew
he knew

he had arrived
and it was breathtaking indeed

ya see?
ANYTHING is possible on
GREENPEACH

believe u
ME

right, DYANMORYALTYCARRIE??

up ahead, I see two leviathan like humps that are peepin outta the water
could it be??/

could it?

is it REALLY?

the Lochness Monstah??

Captain, check yer readings

Carrie, steer closer

we gotta get a better look at this

we don't need a camera

can any of u draw?

let's feed the monster some greenies

and maybe it'll rise up and greet us!

Date: February 25, 2007 01:34AM

We are three very lucky ducks here.I love picking out food. It'slike buying a puppy: "This ones coming home with me!"

My body is starting to catch up with my brain on the close of Day Three. I'm beginning to feel the difference in my belly and that feeling is cheering my brain on (I'm letting my body outsmart my brain... or is it the other way around).

Thinking about this Green Peach makes me think about which types of foods I would like to live on. A peach would be nice and fuzzy warm from the sun, with celery stalk slides, broccoli trees and romaine tents for campouts.

We've got all we need

Date: February 25, 2007 02:01AM

Day 2 (successful!)

Yep, wrapping up the day
twas a beauteous green day today
i made this mmmm UNBELIEVABLY delicious juice
filled with broccoli, celery, spinach, parsley, apples

i did something funny
i had this little thimble of a thing . i guess u could call it a "shot" glass
it was a souvenir of some sort and i rarely use it
but i decided to have fun

and i sipped all my green juice on that
one thimble ful after another of pure bliss!
i immediately felt good afterwards
must be all that chlorophyll ( a girl's best friend, what can I say?)

i'm happy
cuz when i went to the "get together"
i had ZERO hunger
well, truth be known
they had nothing but cake cake and MORE cake
so, there really was nothing to tempt me

and i cruised along
i actually stayed for the ENTIRE thing
which was good for me
cuz i needed to get out of my head for a bit
and friends have a way of making me feel "connected" as well

nobody asked me a single thing
though some people offered me cake and other sweet cake like things but
i just said "thanks, but i'm good"
and they didn't push it ( most people don't btw)

it would have been different if the whole thing was about dinner
but it wasn't
people had fun, laughed, shared and just "be" ed ( i made up that word)

so it was good

carrie
yep, sometimes i let my body instruct my brain
and then the brain completes the circuit by fasting
and that instructs the body even more
and its called "positive feedback loop"
and its a neat thing when it serves you

well.. i like yer idea of celery slides and broccoli tents
hmmmm.... funny thing, on my way back home

i had this HILARIOUs idea
i thought of drinking peach juice
then i thought i ought to juice it
but i think i'll do that later
after i meet this deadline

cuz i just bought some fruitsnveggies this morning
so i don't wanna go to the store twice in a day ( that's just plain goofy!)

but it was a "different' idea
i usually don't juice peaches

well.. once again
the GREENPEACH voyagers helped me today

JOhnson:

<<And I want to stay pretty green for a while. Aisthesis equals breathing and breathing equals oxygen and oxygen equals green - am I right, or am I not wrong>>

yer RIGHT!
and it ain't just cuz you're the captain that i'm agreeing with you ( tee hee!)

oh yeah, i tried to find out more about "aisthesis" online and it was a trip trying to find the right thing about it

tell us momre about aisthesis... first time i heard of that word

Date: February 25, 2007 12:12PM

Funny, Carrie-at-the-helm bringing up puppies, because PUPPY is exactly the example old Buhnsen gives of aisthesis - he says that ancient peoples used to live all the time with this sense of sharing of life-essence between lifeforms (like a person and a nice big healthy bunch of broccoli that says "Take me home"winking smiley that are, at their core, kin. He writes that the easiest way to get a contemporary sense of this is to imagine a puppy - he's walking along nose to the ground, sniffing, concentrating, his tail is up and wagging as he sniffs, sniffs, sniffs. You can stand it no longer, so you pat your leg and say, "Here, boy, come on, here." The puppy looks up and sees you and stops - his eyes light up in excitement, his body turns to you, and all of his energy says, "it's you! It's you! I have been looking everywhere for you!" At that moment you can feel something leave the puppy's body and enter yours, and something leaves your body and enters the puppy's, and the two of you want to touch each other - you pick him up - he licks your hands - you rub his body - and both of you feel a particular kind of feeling. A good, warm feeling. He says we have no word for this exchange of essence in English, but it's one of the most meaningful human experiences we can have, and he claims that once upon a time all human beings experienced it with everything in the world. "For it was known that all things are alive and filled with soul and intelligence and that this type of sharing can take place anytime, with anything - anything at all."

Kinda makes you wanna fast, huh?

Carrie, it's a good thing we are being steered by a life balloon - no other navigator will do. Who needs life-rafts when we've got a life balloon steering this thing into magical snozzberry-walls, romaine-teepee lands of enchantment?

Veronique, that is amazing that you were able to just hang, without food thought and food pressure - I bet you experienced aisthesis with someone. Carrie and I did it with vegetables - I went shopping and it was difficult but I just thought of what three lucky waddling ducklings we are with all we need - for me it's just us out here and the blue water, blue sky, sun, stars, and green blood and fresh green air - I'm about to make my first juice now - I got all sorts of stuff, all organic though so I couldn't get cucumbers, alas - I got brocc and kale and green pepper and some lemon and parsley and even some beets and celery and cabbage and endive and sprouts!

The others will think we are crazy, but get used to it they will - this is going to be one loooong thread, haha.

I think the belly needs to talk to the brain, but that's one of those shifty shifting questions that always seems to move around when you want to catch the answer - anyway, _someone_ needs to get out of the way whilst the brainy one (even if that's the belly) talks its wisdom and light and love.

Date: February 25, 2007 12:41PM

Oh, yeah, that business about going back in time - it's this concept from juicefeasting.com that you "juice feast" for one day for every 120 days since you were born - funny to think that if I do it, I will fast for 1/120th of my entire life - I am conflicted about this juice-feasting thing, as they allow oil and even bee pollen (?), and just any amount of sugar - but the part I'm going with right now is to drink lots of juice - don't drink too little - and don't rely on less-alive stuff like spirulina powder. I often use algae powders during a green fast, but you know what? It's not really living, and isn't going to help me feel all fresh and water-y. The living-water of mineral-yummy fresh green lifeforms loves your thirsting, love-parched brain, even if at first it's unrequited. And I am really depressed and sad and humiliated about my true love - I should go love myself some juice now by juicing myself some generous, true green love.

Haven't tried that coconut water in the cartons yet - can't believe it is raw, and besides the cartons burst in overseas transit, so if it is or if it isn't, it's probably unsafe.

Which types of foods to live on, like literally live on/in - not "exclusively eat"? An apricot - a very big apricot - would be sun-warm and fuzzy, too - delicate stained-glass windows with their vein-traceries could definitely be romaine - sheltering but sun-permeable - green-beans in case we need sleeping bags for expeditions.

I did get some raw dulse flakes - I wonder if I should use them - usually I never use solids or condiments in juices. I'd like to get sooo alkaline, though, that when I test my saliva on those strip things, man, the strip goes instantly deep, deep oceany ultrmariney blue. Like when we were little kids.

Date: February 25, 2007 01:45PM

Let Them have cake. You're fine as you are. We all are.

Captain, this True Love Thing has hit for the manyeth time just this morning. It's like a merry-go-round thats going so slow it's at a standstill. Still enough for people to wonder why I dont just stand up, but I know that if I sit there hard enough then I'm not crazy and that thing is bound to start up again.

"There is only misfortune in not being loved; there is misery in not loving"

And today we love ourselves.
(which isn't depressing! haha)

Day Four thats more than a year I've gone backwards. Which makes me think that when we've finished we'll get to go BACK TO THE FUTURE. DA DA DUM. I'm going to go drink my breakfast now.

Date: February 25, 2007 03:26PM

So did just I - in keeping with this juice-feast thing, I made a whopping 32 ounces - one-fourth carrot, one-fourth lemon, and the remaining half made from a little parsnip, a little parsley, celery, green cabbage, green pepper, lots of broccoli, endive, and a whole package of green-leafy sprouts. Drank it (chew your juice...) out of the plastic pitcher... Boy, am I full. Also brain feels a bit tingly-whoozy - is it nutrition? too much liquid all at once? toxicity? candida flare-up from the carrot (though it doesn't feel like regular candida-brain; it's more jazzed)? over-oxidized juice from centrifugal juicer? - I have to admit, I was using a Breville. Oh, over many years I've had them all - Greenstar, Champion, Samson, Acme, Omega - and let me tell you, many a hopeful young juice fast's been put off by an ornery juicer and its little prima-donna precision precious ways and needs - oh, of course I'm worried about nutrient loss, yield, heating and oxidation with this Breville thing, but it was sooo easy just now making a liter of juice and cleaning up - one, two, three - no jams, no stalls, no snits, no clogs, no bogs - it was stress-free (except for the worries about n.l., y.,etc., etc.). There could be something to be said for a juicer you're good enough for, who doesn't try to make you feel no-account before you even start. But maybe I am wrong - I usually am.

Still, way things are going, I'd rather have a (suspect) juice high than no high at all, only low, low, low. We shall see how it all unfolds.

That's the last carrot juice of the day - I am not sure whether I want to include it at all, but a cup is certainly enough per diem. I didn't even feel tempted to add kelp flakes for minerals - had an ounce of fulvic acid at pH 7.4 instead - kelp sets off salt toxic feelings/addictiveness in me. Nor did I add hemp oil or bee pollen, as the juicefeasters talk about - I just didn't feel like it. I have to say about that Breville thing: I didn't have any perception of drinking pulp, so that's good, because doing that extra straining thing to "make sure you don't get any pulp" is such a huge pain, and I don't feel like doing that, either.

I wonder what I have enough energy to do now - clean this place? go back to bed? A discovery process, and I am the laboratory puppy. I aim to have my own raw-foods movement - juicearianism! so tweaks must be tweaked along the line so we can get THE most and best out of life.

Let 'em have cake - the story goes that just before the French Revolution, Marie Antoinette was told, "hey, the revolting masses are starving - they don't have any bread to eat", and she's sitting in her little Trianon gardens or whatever having some flunkette powder her hair and she goes, "Well, what's the big deal? Then let them eat cake." However, our royal Carrie here has given the ancien brush-off a raw-foodist spin - a great write-off speaking volumes of onion-layers, "Let them have cake" - only I wish we could specify vegan cake and still keep it snappy. Hey, considering how schismatic the raw-food movement is, it's write-off enough to say "Let them eat dehydrated sprouted-wheatberry-crust with dates and walnuts and oil and salt and raw chocolate and bananas cake".

Gee, Carrie Antoinette, I don't know...I think there's misery in both, and misery in fighting both, and misery in accepting both, and...so it's extra-cool that today we love ourselves.

Date: February 25, 2007 03:41PM

Day 3

Reporting to GREENPEACH Captain and Helm Steerer!
What is the reading as of now?
My compass says that this peachy rosette quilted juicy receptacle for 3 voyagers is heading into a purple storm.

gotta gear up !

Helm Steerer Carrie, looks like we may all have to inflate some of those romaine tepees and just hang out for a while on a cloud while Johnsy makes us some of his super duper algaeless ultramarine go back in time ambrosia

JOhnsy

really dug your explanation of the definition i was trying to look up ( and failed to do so ) ... the puppy example really made me understand it
i don't think wikipedia would have cut it,, really

i do believe that that was the kind of world that all humans and animals lived in prior to the GREAT ILLUSION

it seems sensible
and the earth is sensible in every way
and that is mimicked in our sensible inner physiological ecology as well

so.. yeah

wonder what happened?

but the thing is that we can create our own inner ecology and in doing so the outer ecology will appear BRILLIANT even if the veils are still there

no matter... the outer world is just a perception of what we hold within
but y'all knew that. twas no SECRET ( heh heh)

today, a really radical thing happened
i woke up at 2 AM and felt very grounded
i usually don't wake up that early
uh uh no no... R U kidding?

but today I did
after having gotten just a ducky good amount of sleep
and i felt my mind was really clear

and i was able to understand things that i had not prior
and the things I had to figure out were just starting to click click click ( well, not without some effort)
but the main point is, that i got a goodly amt done
and i am not the slightest bit sleepy right now

which is good

apricot would be a nice place to live in
but GREENPEACH would get jealous if we abandoned ship and lived on an apricot
so i won't tell her that u said 'apricot"

i'll just keep it between myself, u, carrie and all the sharks and leviathans and dolphins that reside in the ocean

yep... GREENPEACH has been chosen as the main chrysalis paradisical agent for
nucleic metamorphosis

it has been programmed to watch over us, while our DNA goes to work
with gloves, aprons, some garden tools and starts taking over the reparing mechanisms
that is Ground 1 state
then in Ground 2, it takes a quantum leap, discards all its fancy paraphernalia and in the penultimate stages of metamorphosis, breaks out into a little bellydance and catapults us back into
Stage Primordia
where , with eyes closed but spirits enraptured, the crystalline structure
of GREENPEACH comes apart than just as seamlessly reassembles itself revealing its emerald pulsating veination that rotates, swirls and echolocates and
we all forget that we are individuals
and become ONE with the fluttering inner green orb of juicy juicemania peachness
deciphering the under peach sounds of looming whales and periwinkle dolphins that glide

at least that is what the little aisthetically inclined puppy that gave me a hug told me
and i believed EVERY lil word he told me

yes
i believe
i believe
i
B
E
L
I
E
V
E

rrrrrruGGGHGHHHHHH
ggggrrrrrRRRRRRRRRr...

rrrrrrrrrrrrGGGGGGGRrrrrrrr...

oh yeah, forgot to feed it some of my green ambrosia
thar u go lil puppy
( puppy is now quiet and content licking its green paws)

Le Menu for today

same as yesterday
but more of it ( cuz that's what i do... make what i got in the fridge and when it runs out get more but i haven't run out yet and actually usually i just buy the same thing at the store; greens, darker greens, darkest greens and more greens!!)

Date: February 25, 2007 04:34PM

Oh, well, jealousy's the pits ('n' not the peach pits, either - coal black pits or something like that) - they call it the green-eyed monster, but there's nothin' GREEN about it - it's white like bleached bread and tears - so we will stay peachy, so as not to hurt feelings.

Don't worry - that's not a purple cloud; it's just some red cabbage I mixed in to our back-to-the-primordial-future ambrosia for a little rainbow therapy - but the ultra-ultramarine word is "green". Green can be big as a mountain and tall like a tree, and it's the color of spring, and it can be all that there is (to quote our batrachian buddy, who could be our mascot but we've got already the Greenpeach puppy of aisthesia mascot who says, "I want to exchange essence with YOU", like a particularly gentle and hummy bunch of green-pea shoots).

There's this anthropology/mythology book called _Visions of Paradise_: first it compares all the world myths of before-the-Grand-Illusion Fall - every society has had one; later it postulates that actually such a society may have existed. It's not overtly a raw-foodist book, but a raw-foodist can't help reading it and thinking the Fall must have been, or had a lot to do with, going cooked - it just sounds so perfectly apt; and a juice-faster reads all these features of Eden that every society's myths agree on and thinks, "Well, that's juice-fasting" (or alkalists will say, "that's 7.5 alkalinity" and fruitarians will say, "that must have been fruitarianism"winking smiley. It's stuff like telepathy or psychic powers, luminosity (everyone was radiant), and, of course, the ability to communicate with other animals and with trees, plants, rock, sky, water, and so on - one would assume in a very minimally "linguistic" fashion. "Telepathic" - without spoken aloud words. And they felt that "heaven", the realm of the "godly", and earth were connected, by an easy ladder or bridge everyone could just go back and forth on at will.

Rear-Admira(b)l(e) LV, fascinating how you are living the green juice promise - things clicking and going your way and saying "here, this is this".

Date: February 25, 2007 04:54PM

Greenists (I am thinking particularly of Buhner and Barbara Simonsohn) and probably some chakra-energy-medicine types as well, say that green is, as well as being the color of hope and renewal (for obvious reasons), the color of the heart and of love. I wonder if it is true, and what it means if it is? (I wonder what that's supposed to mean, and if it's true?) Buhner believes that we perceive with our hearts and that that is how plants communicate with us electrically all the time - it isn't that I don't believe that, it's that I can't reconcile that with plant-murder and plant-exploitation. I think that when I say to the beings in the fridge (as I did this morning), "okay, who wants to go in to this juice? I think you do", it's like carnivore apologists, or indeed native hunter-gatherer hypocrites, saying that a pig or a deer "wants" to be killed and eaten by you to nourish you and complete some weird sadistic circle of life.

I don't like or want to think about it. Maybe in Ground 2 there's quantum forgiveness that doesn't seem hypocritical, anthropocentrically self-serving. I just know that we are on a mission, and that our mission WILL save lives - pigs, deer, and us.

Posted by: debbie ()
Date: February 25, 2007 05:02PM

hi everyone
just a question from a beginner - why do you prefer doing a green juice fast to the master cleanse? i want to do a fast next week and was considering the master cleanse but am open to any ohter ideas
thanks

Date: February 25, 2007 06:05PM

About the MC: do you mean the traditional MC with maple syrup and cayenne? I used to do this quite a bit. There are lots of reasons I prefer to green juice fast: firstly, maple syrup isn't raw, and I've read it isn't vegan; and if you have any candida issues at all, it (doing the traditional MC) will make them worse. I don't know how raw cayenne pepper is - spice companies like Frontier won't say. Besides that, there's some yogic/natural hygienist controversy that it is an irritant and an artificial stimulant, so although I use it when I think I'm having a heart attack (it supposedly will save your life in a heart attack), I tend to avoid spices and condiments as such, though I'd never label myself a natural hygienist.

There's the water issue - there's such maddening water controvery (I like distilled but apparently it is incredibly acidic; I hate water with inorganic minerals in it and other contaminants) that with green juice fasting I can skip the whole water question entirely and not worry that I'm being contaminated and/or acidified during my fast.

By the way, on the subject of water, to Veronique: I've wasted thousands on water-restructurer machines and in my view (in my experience) you should not believe the hype and should save your money. But the water problem remains...

These questions aside, a green fast would not only detoxify but build and repair - the MC claims to give all the nutrients one needs, but I do not believe that is true, and it is in cooked form. If you have any microforms in you, they will be fed by the syrup (and won't be by green juice), and you will end up more acidic, perhaps, than you were, whereas a green juice fast can be trusted to alkalize the body as it detoxes, and the chlorophyll can help heal the body and various organs and tissues. I have done countless fasts (often on water) and it is my current view that for healing to happen on a fast, nutrients like chlorophyll that can rebuild tissues, and even macronutrients like the modest amounts of protein and EFA one gets on a green juice fast, are important.

Also the goal for me is always not to binge (say, on cooked) after a fast (or even before it was supposed to end)! Building the body's health and alkalinity is an essential part, for me, of avoiding this. I can absolutely attest, as much as I've always hated to be told this by others, that a fast at the end of which you binge on cooked does no good at all - for me, it's just done immense harm. So green is important - it's calming, stabilizing, and helps to change (as Veronique says) the inner ecology. The sugar spiking in MC may give you high- and low-blood sugar issues - which always leads me to bingeing. Green is better for keeping on an even keel for me. The body doesn't have to go looking (in the wrong places) for nutrition (or some peace). Veronique seems to find it very grounding, and connecting.

I've tried playing around with MC so it's rawer, by the way.

I guess one of the bigger questions would be: do you plan to use maple syrup, and if so, do you think you have or suspect you may have candida overgrowth? If you have any doubt, I would NOT do the MC. It will NOT do you good and will possibly itself "encourage" bingeing. That's my opinion about it based on my experience.

Date: February 25, 2007 06:14PM

Have definitely decided carrot juice has no place in my green juice fast - Helmster and Rear-Admira(b)l(e), keep me on course!!!!

My head is still tingly. I don't get this with green combinations.

Also, I am looking forward to getting my triturating gear-juicer out of storage this week. The Breville is fun, but it doesn't do grass well.

All my lovely pulp, and no garden - I hope kitty likes it.

Date: February 25, 2007 06:52PM

Johnsy

yep

sugaryliquidsareatriptothesystem

sugary liquids are a trip to the system
like that author sayz ( who is it?)
anyhow, its in Kathy T's post where she quoted the guy

" the bacteria is nothing. the terrain is everything"

which is why i'm not gonna do apples today
well... okay, the other reason is cuz i'm too lazy to get some more apples
and i do better with just drinking the greens straight ( with celery cuz celery is like a more superior version of water in terms of diluting the bitterness)

so i don't feed any greedy opportunistic bacteroid- antennaed-critter

not that i have anything against them
they sure can make peoplez life INTERESTING especially candida- antenna- oid- critter- oid

i'm gonna try and keep my terrain martian like
in Mars, the rivers aren't made out of apple juice
they're made out of crushed emeralds flowing from rivulets

anyhow

i'm gonna make 3/4 quart more of juice ( cuz my brain really needs the chlorophyll fuel... truly, it does. i opened the tiny little hatch door in my left hemisphere to take a reading and the chlorophylometer showed that the needle was close to E (empty, in case ya didn't know) and from experience, I know that it just isn't cool to be running out of fuel in the middle of the freeway when I'm are crusing down 85 mph so i'm gonna fill up now.

GREEN STOP in 2 miles
okay so got out the GREEN FUEL exit

and ran into the store
stuck in the currency (veggies) into the slot ( juice machine)
and out came the fuel ( green juice)

paid the cashier (myself, by drinking it)
flew out the emerald tinted doos

got back onto the Pegasus
and away we flew

confession for the day:

i felt panicked earlier on today
for no apparent reason
not a panic that broke through the Richter scale or anything like that
but just an undertowwww like panic
like a rip tide

or whatever that thing is called that sucks u in and u gotta swim parallel to it
anyhow, i felt like i had to keep swimming and swimming and SWIMMMING so i wouldn't get sucked into it

some times its tough
but when the going gets TOUGH
I just reclines on my hemp recliner( as nice as can be) and let my Greenpeachy voyagers spoil me with their fave ambrosias

la dah dah dah dahhh...

thought for the day:

"Vision of Pardise" ( hmmmm... sounds like yummy book for book monstah to gobble up!)

"vision o Pardise"

no vision, it is within

johnsy:

i don't feel guilty that i put the greens down the chute

they wanted to go down the green emerald metal churny churn slide

and then they wanted to take a rest inside my cells

so i let 'em

my cell is like tree soil

so they have a place to snooze

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzz

aahhhHHHHH hhh so peaceful here, they told me... yes they did!

Date: February 25, 2007 07:13PM

El Capitan:

<<Have definitely decided carrot juice has no place in my green juice fast - Helmster and Rear-Admira(b)l(e), keep me on course!!!! >>

I got a thing that one of my joylets handcrafted for me. Its called " Dah Carrot and Apples and all other Sugary things LASSO"

whirrrrrr whirrrrr whrrrrrr whirrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. cachooooinggg
GGGGGG ( sound of lasso lassoing carrots from Captain's fridge"

My head is still tingly. I don't get this with green combinations.

my confession:

yesterday I put apples in my green juice
it tasted super FANTAABULISTICAWESOME! but then
i went overboard and cuz it tasted so great with the greens i decided to juice the rest of em apples up

( big - o - mistake)

thing is, my system is not used to all that sugariness
and i felt some weird vein in my temple pulsating .. and i really don't ever recall having my head do that sorta thing so i had to take a little nap because there wasn't much else i could do and i attribute it to the overloadsugartothemax

so i'm with u on that one
no more fruits for me unless i get desperate and feel like i'm gonna fall into some sort of abyss

then i'll send a gram to GREENPEACH and have u or carrie
fix me up with a nice story ( or 2) and make me forget about the fact that i was going steady with McApples (sniff, sniffles)

if yer having a hard time giving up your sweetheart Ms. McCarrots,
I'll just have to have my Purple Pegasus steal into yer fridge and snort them up himself

(sounds of whinnying agreement in background)

Also, I am looking forward to getting my triturating gear-juicer out of storage this week. The Breville is fun, but it doesn't do grass well.

Date: February 25, 2007 07:22PM

I couldn't agree with you more about sugary liquids - about your panicky attack: "because of the nature of fasting and the emotional confrontations it generates, fear almost always arises. It's exceptionally important that the surroundings for fasting be supportive and nurturing so that the parts of you that are frightened can feel as comforted and nurtured as possible. They have to feel that you have not abandoned them...Fasting is an essential act of learning to really hear, and respond to, the self...Anger, too, is an essential component of fasting...Grief is nearly always a part of fasting. During fasting each one of us inevitably encounters the unkindness we have done to others and to ourselves" - and that others have done to us! "Especially poignant are the necessary and healthy hungers in ourselves that we have not met, the hungers for love, for caring, for touch, for true intimacy, for a life filled with the soul's abundance and with soulful interchange with the world."

"Fasting is mining the deepest realms of the self."

I am sorry you felt freaked. Sit back and have a cilantro-green pepper-parsley-with-lots-of-watery-cuke. We are here for you. You are not alone in fast Greenland, even - I'd like to say especially - when it's not feeling so peachy.

Date: February 25, 2007 07:35PM

Yes, yes, and yes (just read your sugary last post). My juice tasted fantaburific, but it was a MISTAKE. Nope, we are going green. Green and mean to all those yeast-loving, ecology-damaging sugars so loved by the critters within. They've had their happy life and freedom - in me - they've had a year-round holiday I never get - now it's my turn to be happy. I wish them no harm - maybe they will just decide I am no fun to live in and they'll go off to live in a banana grove.

Absolutely - any time you want to get fresh with those saucy apples, post a flare dot-dot-dot-dash-dash-dash-dot-dot-dot or write torchered@yahoo.com - it's Beauchamp, isn't it, with the terrain ecology thinking?

The carrot love isn't my problem - it's my human love who is actually insane and thrives on insanity and will suck me in till my whole life on earth is misery and insanity, too.

I am glad, so glad, you're giving up carrots, groovy you - I was thinking, well, I am going sugar-free but she'll be doing her apples and we won't be on the same terrain wavelength and critter-free vibe.

How's sugar treating you, Helmster balloon?

Date: February 25, 2007 08:47PM

johnsy

actually i gave up carrots many moons ago
used to do it a lot
but i did abandon mr. McCarrots ( even though he thought he was a hottiesmiling smiley
and never looked back

actually ain't one for apples that much either

but then i saw juicin john's post ( in Juicing Forum) a while back about making apples, ginger and lemon juice so that is when i got the idea in my head to give that a whirl and like i said it did make it tasty ( no fibbing about that... okay, it tasted like i mentioned before FANTAPPLAStic but like i said, it made me feel like i just lost my center and i was spiraling around and about a TRULY confused, lost and bewildered electron and soooo far off my usual orbit ( of being somewhat on the SAME atom at least... ) but when i do the fruit juice thing, its like my electron goes onto another compound like it were some sort of nucleophile ( okay, so it may sound a bit drastic ... and no one would notice really but I can and do... yep,. I DO)

its subtle but not so subtle
its like a whisp of nothing big
but big
its like an insidious friendly smile

at any rate, as i send this gram to GREENPEACH Captain, I am langorously sipping on a spinach, broccoli, (lots - o - celery), parsley , cilantro juice

this has a nice smooth salty svelte taste:

a cross section o the sea

just lil sips will do

okay... altitude is increasing
oxygen is decreasing

i say voyagers
that we up our chlorophyll
cuz it increases oxygenation

and we wanna enjoy those beautiful shouting raked clouds
without having to be wheezing for air now, doncha think?

i think carrie went down a cloud raft
let's bribe her to get back to GREENPEACH
johnsy: u make more of yer endive ambrosia
me: i'll crochet her a joylet ( even though i don't know how to crochet, that's just a minor surmountable detail.. anything is possible up here, right- 0?)

over n out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2007 08:51PM by la_veronique.

Date: February 25, 2007 09:08PM

Johnsy:

<<The carrot love isn't my problem - it's my human love who is actually insane and thrives on insanity and will suck me in till my whole life on earth is misery and insanity, too.>>

misery is a natural by product of albatross soul voyaging
and is a gate way to resplendence

ne'er u forget that, Captain Crunch ! ( celery goes crunch crunch when it goes down the chute) and trickles down the celery slide and up the broccoli tree
while going to the circus at the romaine tent set up

(hear the merry go round?)

i LOVE this green excluuuuusssssivvvvittttty juice
i feel like it "understands" me
i do
really
its true

its gotta creaminess and satisfyingness in its own unique way
drink it slowly

and with great gratitude

and u 2 will be in peachy delirium

like I AM

N
O
W

Date: February 25, 2007 09:09PM

Carriesy, even when it is not easy being green, we are here in the peach for you if you are in fear of being impeached from your position at the fasting helm.

No, I know precisely what you mean about these subtle but glaring (!) signs that one has de-centered. This oceany voyage is about center and finding/knowing/being self, but its hair-trigger sensitivity will let you KNOW when you are OFF, and it won't like it - that is my number one way I get thrown overboard, is by being enticed by apple-carrot-beet-orange-pollen Sirens - Carrie better tie me to the mast as they did in _The Odyssey_ - then it's like: I blew it - don't know where I am any longer.

Currently I am thinking of juicing tomatoes, but I just know that'll decenter me, won't it, Admirabl? Not so sure about nightshades in general, especially on a green juice fast - one becomes so sensitive. But tomatoes are so savoury in a dill-bok choy-kale-celery concoction.

No, nor onions/garlic neither. Too spicy/spacey.

"Wheezing for air" - that's exactly one of my sugar-juicey feelings - just about _counterest_ the spirit and mission of Greenpeach.

Date: February 25, 2007 09:30PM

tomatoezzzz

pH

all about that acid/alkaline thing
if u drink it and yer joints feel weird

then drink yer dil kale bok choy classy drink solo

yep nightshades
notorious lil hucksters they are
i say they never cause me problems but i ne'er did get those pH strips
maybe i should

then again
maybe i don't care

i put greens in
why should i worry about how many H+'s i got floatin around

up 2 U, johnsies

oh yeah, carrie didn't fall OUT of GREENPEACH

she got enraptured by one of those beautiful maroon clouds
"moonraker"

i give u the rake
its made of silver liquid

thar she is ( spotting carrie through hemp teloscope)

jonsies uses liquid silver moon talons to gently deposit the dyanamoroyalty back onto peach and to her respective helm

well, i'm gonna leave now

be back tomorrow

this day will be good fer sure

see u on day 4

Date: February 25, 2007 10:01PM

Ahoy, Mateys. I'm still on board and ready for more. We cant possibly stop in the middle of the ocean with only this peach to eat because after we're done the sharks will be waiting. I want to reach land and I want my shipmates there too.

I beat a 14 year old boy at H.O.R.S.E today and I am definitely not a basketball player (or am I..) with all this juice swirling around in mah belly waves of juice threatening to make me sit down and stare at the clouds until it had latched on further, but I could feel it in my guts! It's springtime in there! A freshness no one can destroy.

Anybody else feeling a fasting giddiness? I feel like the worry is subsiding. About how capable I am. (Not to say that I'm not starting to feel the other emotions that tend to come with fasting, but it's so interesting to think how much our bodies hold. How sad I let my bones get or how angry my heart has been. I'm ready to see whats in there).

No carrots for me either this go round. I'm planning on juicing only greens and oranges. US poor spinning heads. Oh how we're learning.

"Of course there is no formula for success except perhaps an unconditional acceptance of life and what it brings."

Date: February 26, 2007 01:07AM

Very cool about the basketball, helmster matey - juicey energy fun! Whereabouts are you, anyway?

I think I feel scared and I think the anger could overwhelm me. But you are right - gjf-ing makes for readiness to see what is in there.

My head finally stopped spinning, after only all day.

I was very happy to read LV say "misery is the gateway to resplendence" - that's nice, cause I've got lots of it and want to shine.

It's true - inside, in your gutsy cells and internal atoms, it's springtime! Primavernal verdency.

Yeah, actually, tomatoes in my juice absolutely make my joints ache - I always thought it was the arthritis-nightshade connection, but anyway I am over that particular temptation.

Learning - that's how it goes, royal matey. That idea is good for me - usually, I'd be despairing of succeeding, because try as I might, try as I do, I keep making mistakes every day that seem to blow me way off course and threaten to dash me against the boulders off-shore - one day powdered algae, next day carrots, tomorrow...? So if I think that the only way to guarantee success is to think that everything that happens on Greenpeach mission is successful, then I win every time, every day that I just keep on board.

I am thinking of making tomorrow my day one - not by eating solids, no. But I was reading online this person saying that the first three days I've been "eating" what's left over from Thursday in my GI tract, so I've still been on solid fuel. Maybe that is why the end of the third day and the fourth day are my big usual days for breaking down. But maybe that doesn't go for raw foods: difficult to imagine them sticking around for 3 days in the stomach.

I wish I had played basketball with an early adolescent today - that's fun.

"how much our bodies hold. How sad I let my bones get" - for sure. Green equals no more sad bones. No more sadness trapped in fat cells and tensed muscles.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 26, 2007 06:06AM

Well I like the fruits, but I'm beginning to have more and more respect for the greens.

Johnsonandtheshits reminded me of something when he said green was the color of hope and renewal. There's an old movie, "The Boy With the Green Hair". It's about a war orphan, living with a distant relative, who wakes up one day with green hair. He hates it of course, and gets teased a lot and suffers from others' intolerance. One day he runs away into the woods and meets all these ghost war orphans. They tell him that he has green hair because green is the color of spring, of hope, and it's his job to remind people that war is bad, that war makes war orphans, and that there is still hope for a world without war.

It's a wonderful movie. This is a fantastic thread.

Date: February 26, 2007 07:29AM

carrie is a secretbasketball star! U R!

Johnsies said:

<<I think I feel scared and I think the anger could overwhelm me>>
I'd be despairing of succeeding, because try as I might, try as I do, I keep making mistakes every day that seem to blow me way off course and threaten to dash me against the boulders off-shore - one day powdered algae, next day carrots, tomorrow...? So if I think that the only way to guarantee success is to think that everything that happens on Greenpeach mission is successful, then I win every time, every day that I just keep on board.>>

well Captain

i feel ya
those feelings come strong and fast
and then all of a sudden u get
"the perfect storm"

i just made a booboo...
so i'll start day one with you tomorrow

what happened was this:

Anatomy of A "perfect storm"

i was cleaning out my fridge
and noticed that i had one non greeny item left in the plastic compartment that is at the bottom of fridge

i saw it was a darkly avocado
and i was thinking of "throwing" it out someway somehow without being wasteful
thought "maybe i'll give it to a friend... maybe i'll plant an avocado tree... maybe i'll...

then before u knew it
i had eaten some of it

i don't even know why
i think that was my was my way of taking a "shortcut"
too lazy to run around asking if someone wanted an avocado
and i know those trees take many aquatic life times to grow
and bear fruit

so yep
i ate some of it
and u know what?
it didn't really taste very good to me

maybe i was just "curious"
it had seemed aeons since i had tasted a darkly fruit ( lowly avocado)
and i was afraid i would "forget" how it tasted ( my very crreative excuse)

so, i think reptilian brain took over
and the snake did it

not I
i just watched the cobra wrap itself around dark creamy fruit
and I thought to myself

"hey... this is interesting... but its not very tasty"

then cobra disappeared and i realized that I had one limb dangling precariously out of GREENPEACH and there was a devious looking shark below waiting to snap up my foot (that was shrouded with emerald banglessmiling smiley

i thought to myself : nooooOOOOOOOOOOO!!! because i wanna keep my bangles
so i steered myself back on course

as i type out my unsavory confession,
i am taking a sip of my emerald concoction ( same recipe as before but somehow better)

i can't know if i can explain this

but it seems that my green juice has taken on a more "elevated" taste
i wouldn't call it 'sweet" cuz its not like i added any fruity carroty or even anise like veggie to it

it just has this freshness to it and an elegant boldness that lends it a
fragrant vibrance

it tastes different than i can recall
it really does

like its transformed itself for the occasion
and wants me to notice

so Captain
let's continue on this voyage
and mark tomorrow as El Dia Numero Uno ( Day ONE)

oh by the way
even though i made that boo boo

i have some thing to report
my sense of smell has gotten keener over the few days
and also just my "sense" like when i was typing over the computer

its like i noticed my hands for the first time
and i also noticed the lace designs on my sweater and was staring at the sleeves as if it was the first time i noticed i had a pair of hands

in fact, i felt like my mind was floating like peering like an eagle on top of an extremely tall naked tree stump but looking down and its all under water which is why it has this floating effect

so, something is going on

don't know what for sure

but i have a hunch that PRIMORDIA is calling
and i
being the loyal servant that i am

am ever spiraling my way towards it

sometimes
when i just THINK about PRIMORDIA
the time the moment the BEfore...

I am instantly lulled into a profound state of quietness

it happened to me this evening
even though i was very tired (the 2 AM bit finally caught up with me)
and i thought about what u said about going back to the time before PERCEPTION

and it was succcccch a relaxing thought it was more than relaxing
i just TOOK myself THERe
even though i was in the midst of a sea of people
i realized i could do it
and immediately the "truth" that its always within
that i just have to activate it

made all my troubles seem to melt away
nothing seemed to matter
but at the same time
it was as if there was nothing i couldn't do
because i didn't care anymore
see if i let go
it all comes to me

that's just the way it works
that's just the way it works

just the way it goes
it goes

GO

Current Page: 2 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables