Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 3 of 10
Re: 30 day green juice fast
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 26, 2007 07:35AM

suncloud

the sun has clouds
its so true
just look
better yet
don't look
and you'll discover it even more

the sun has clouds
it's moving over all the light beings
that are everywhere and within

the sun has clouds
the clouds are made to drink
the sun has clouds
it is raining

there are people everywhere with green hair
my locks are long thick and emerald

i put a barette on it
and the leviathans that were below the peach
got blinded by the metal on the barrette

so now i know
green is the color of hope
its true

that's why i'm just a cathedral
singing
that's why the windows are awash
in stains of cloudbursts

that's why i'm alive

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: debbie ()
Date: February 26, 2007 09:42AM

thankyou Johnsonandtheshits for your advice, it's interesting what you say.
about candida, i'm not sure if i have or havent got it!! how would i know?
i do have what i believe to be IBS (bloating, lower left abdominal pain recurring constipation diahorrea etc) which is why i am thinking about doing a fast.
so if i decide to do a green fast can you please tell me how many juices a day? what you use? etc etc
also do you use any methods of cleansing like the teas or salt water flushes or enemas etc????
thanks again and good luck to you all!

Date: February 26, 2007 01:43PM

Suncloud - I did see that film long ago, I forget whether it was a "Joseph Losey" film I wanted to see or a "Dean Stockwell" film I wanted to see - perhaps it was both. I had quite forgotten about it, though. I'd like one of the gjf missions to be to remind people that war is anti-green and that green is anti-war (I am sure you all know that just as dog is the reverse of god, "raw" is the reverse of war - yay! go!) - so if we can get to a place of peace and perception here, seeing the beauty and fascination of things as they are, like Veronique with her sweater, then those who might not feel that their raw is the revolution they expected and wanted yet, can have a map for getting here. I do come from a background of fruits, though, so I know all about the attractions and "pros" of fruit from the inside. Green juice fasting is my fusion way of getting the water and light and "clean-burning" of fruits with nutrition, alkalinity, and don't-mess-with-my-head critter-freedom. Thank you so much for reminding us of the film and telling the story again here - it's a story that unfortunately still can't be told too often. Strange how many great anti-war films there are that don't do centavo one's worth of good or change.

About MC in the ring with featherweight lovely gjf - of course if you decide to green fast, we will give you instructions and a game plan. We'll still be doing this ourselves, so you can play shuffleboard on the decks of Greenypeach the oceanliner. But, seriously, yes, any questions you have before or during, we can give you as much guidance as you want. Fasting is difficult, and start-agains abound, but it is easier with mateys, it really is.

Tell us what your goals are (you can send privately if you don't want to share them all) and where you are coming from, as it were.

You know, I may be an incorrigible diagnoser-of-candidiasis in other people - haha - but that irritable bowel syndrome sounds like candidiasis. I can't interrupt here to get you a link, but do a goodsearch.com search for "candida questionnaire", or I'll get you a link in a second. Systemic candidiasis can result in symptoms in every body system, from hair loss to the inability to make decisions to dandruff (well, those are all in the head-area) to bloating, abdominal pain, and constipation to, I don't know, athlete's foot and swollen ankles. You don't have to have all the symptoms, of course - just a fair amount. Some lucky ducks only have it overgrown in their GI tract - perhaps that is you. But I'll try to go get you a link for a fairly indicative questionnaire.

Hey there, Skipper V - yes, you describe that first bite of creamy dense fatty yum in a juice fast, and then that grateful green juice after an avocado slump, just as it is. Even putting the question of whether it takes 3 days to empty out the intestinal tract aside (I think it may be true at least for me and items I can't digest well, since yesterday there were still visible hemp seeds in my toilet from Thursday), I was feeling that day-one way anyway just because I felt carrot juice had screwed me up and lost me a whole day of intense clarity, bliss, healing, whatever - gnosis? - that we're greenpeaching for. So, fine, this forum will be annoyed (we're not even hijacking the right forum), but Day One it is for me too. That makes Carrie senior officer entirely. But thank you for being honest. It doesn't matter how long it takes as long as we get there, and Carrie will say we've learned something avocado-y.

Like you, however, changes are happening even with my huge carrot juice cup yesterday. Dreams were not sweet or hopeful, but breathtakingly fertile and fairly lucid and interesting. In a fast or with better nutrition-through-juice, one's dreams are much closer to the surface of one's mind - less bogging and clogging them down, perhaps. I think we're meant to see our dreams. Also I feel a tinge "flu-y" - now that I am up it's slight, it was more overnight. Why is this exciting for me? Well, I never detox on water fasts or urine fasts or however many jars of algae and powdered grass and "detox miracle" herbs and potions I scarf down daily - I've had oceans of profess(ion)y types tell me the body needs to be strong and vital in order to initiate detox - in fact I think I just read online yesterday that it's when the body's getting more nutrition than it needs that it starts (can start) to detox. Now, there are a lot of people who can water fast or go fruitarian and have all this great detox happen - snotty noses, pimple and welt and hive breakouts, headaches and flu feelings - but not me; I had no "detox" as a fruitarian or on whole bottles of parasite-killer, candida-die-off herbs, or 35 grams of chlorella a day. But I don't want to speak too soon here. I just think it would be groovadelic if I started to now - it would prove the truth for me of two things - that maybe I do need lots of nutrition before my body can start to detox (rather than undernutrition, as I tend to think) and that juicing gives it. Of course those who maintain juicing is toxic will say that a quart of juice is sooo toxic, more than a meal of wine and gluten and salt, that I am detoxing and having evident dreams all over the place because I've poisoned myself more than anything else I've done has done.

We shall see.

I am enthralled to hear how your stepping up the oxygen has changed your senses and cognition and in-breathing of the world, even after a partially not-fasting day - sorry you had to go through it and feel shark-attacked, but it's valuable information for raw-foodism - I'd like Greenpeach to boldly find out how we can attain higher-altitude realms on raw foods, real alternative states of consciousness, health, and peace - and if total juice-fasting is not necessary, so much the better for everyone. I think that food-rawism misses the boat a bit, as it were, and that our mission is to find how rawism can find Shangri-Oo-La-La, and it may be by throwing the "food" part overboard - I don't know yet.

But I want to suggest to anyone not entirely satisfied or content that he/she tries intense plentiful green juicing as an adjunct, and see what happens. It may not be just a question of alkalinity. Probably Cousens is pretty alkaline, but I wouldn't want to be GC. He's not much of a faster - I think I read that he rested on the laurels of once having done a "forty-day fast", which included 17 days of eating fruit or something - I really apologize if I am misquoting, but honestly it was something _strikingly_ absurd like that.

Well, I am off to find that candida questionnaire link and then make a tatsoi-cabbage-lemon-parsley-sproutsy breakfast - haven't decided whether to make a lot or just a cocktail I can really savor.

Date: February 26, 2007 02:03PM

Here is a link to a standard candidiasis questionnaire. If you are intrigued about more symptoms traceable to candidiasis, let me know. What interests me is how many cognitive, emotional, behavioral things "wrong" with us, and/or that other people think are "wrong with us", are actually not personality, but symptoms of candida overgrowth.

There's controversy everywhere, including very much on rawfoodsupport.com, about how to get rid of candidiasis if you have it - three things I'll aver here: a green juice fast will ceratinly not exacerbate candidiasis (unless doing any kind of fast makes you binge on bread and sugar and all); a fast based on maple syrup will; and that it simply is not true that a few days on fruit without fat will clear up candidiasis - this is what Graham asserts and it is patent, and I think potentially pernicious, nonsense.

By the way, if the only reason you are considering doing a fast is to improve bloating, constipation, diarrhea, abdominal pain - you may consider not necessarily fasting but addressing candidiasis in some other way. This is an option if you think you might end up bingeing on cooked or even non-vegan. However, any faster is welcome aboard to play greenpeach bingo (much less vulgar than regular bingo, I assure you) and we'll do our best to support your fast voyage.

[discoveringwellness.hdmenterprises.com]

Date: February 26, 2007 02:08PM

so my goals from fasting would be:
to clean out my body from 30 years of alcohol and illicit substance abuse (i stopped all in october), to try and work out what is causing this bloating, pain in lower left side (which i've had for several years but have buried it somewhere under overeating and binges etc)
and to clear out my head and allow my creative side to come through more
so i am interested in this thread and maybe joining you but need to know if this would be the right method for me.
and what about salt water flushes etc to clean out colon etc?
thanks all

Posted by: dynamiteroyalty ()
Date: February 26, 2007 02:09PM

"You are perfect as you are, and you could use a little work."

Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

That made me laugh and laughing is important.

I would much rather walk beside both of you than run ahead so I'm done counting days. I'll be done when I'm done. I would much rather be here than treading water on my own.

Lemon-parsely sounds really nice, Captain. Maybe I'll try that with cucumber. I need something sippy.

"Every moment is a stunning treasure."

Date: February 26, 2007 02:10PM

Oh, I forgot - here's a cool self-home-test you can do to see if you have candida overgrowth. Spit into a glass of wqater. Wait 15 minutes. Go back and look at your spit in the water. If your spit has white tendrils hanging down into the water, that's candida. I forget if it has to be done first thing before you eat. Let us know your results!

Date: February 26, 2007 02:34PM

Welterweight MC versus bantam gjf - I won't assert that green juice fasting is the right method - fasting may not be the best thing where overeating and bingeing history exists (I have that too), but in a contest between it and MC, there's, er, no contest. The fact that you were addicted to alcohol (congratulations, by the way, your victory is truly incredible and inspiring) both indicates that you have candidiasis (you can think of candidiasis as a cause of alcoholism) and suggests that candida overgrowth has resulted as an effect - it's cyclical, you see. Candida causes overeating, bingeing, and alcoholism, and is an effect, and thus a further cause of continued addiction, use, etc. Also, candida overgrowth, alcoholism, and "illegal drug" addiction are all causes and effects of overacidity - not being alkaline enough. Going green, whether in a fast or through some other method, will definitely help correct the effects of those 30 years. I've learned that unfortunately it's not all about detox. Detox is a lovely but antiquated idea, in my experience. By adjusting the acid-alkaline imbalance those years have caused and that you still may be causing through food, heavy greenage will address damage like that, and help prevent relapse, or collapse. No permanent change can really be hoped for without addressing the alkalinity question, which is related to candida. Candida can't thrive and take over in a sufficiently alkaline inner environment. So I'd strongly not recommend doing the MC.

As for salt water flushes, etc., I don't believe we're doing anything like that, but the others will say for themselves. In my own experience, the body (oh no!!!) will in fact hang on to all that salt water if it is undermineralized (too acidic, not alkaline enough). So then you don't purge anything and you are full of salt water. I find that green juice does result in bowel movement. However, you may choose to take a product called Oxy-Powder during fasting, or to do enemas or colonics.

You may choose to just follow an alkalizing anti-candida raw vegan dietary for a while and take Oxy-Powder. You can still incorporate green juice into such a plan.

Date: February 26, 2007 02:53PM

ok thanks for the info
i did the candida questionnaire and scored 155 (probable systemic yeast infection)
it's very interesting what you say and indeed having read rainbow green cuisine several times over the years i do understand the connection, but i got a bit confused recently after reading loads more 'pro fruit' posts on the board and started eating lots more fruit in the last 3 or so weeks to help with the constant obsession with snacking that i have!!! thinking that maybe all that was said about nuts etc was right.
well, incorporating more fruit definitly helped cut down on the overeating but thinking about it the abdominal pain and bloating is defnitly more present than before. i thought it was maybe because i was getting more in tune with my body but now i'm not so sure....
so i am thinking of fasting from this wednesday until the friday of the week after (family away and i'll be on my own) that would be 10 days.
i think i'll try the green juice fast, will i get good results for this shortish period of time?
how should i proceed?

Date: February 26, 2007 03:15PM

Well, for clearing your mind and getting in touch with your buried creativity, fasting would be a better bet than solids.
Royal helmster Carrie and rear-admirable Veronique have creativity and clarity coming out of their pores galore.

Eating more fruit will certainly not help if fruit is not all you are eating. I think even the Grahamites would say that. I guess you could try eating fruit to help with bingeing and drinking lots of green juice. And that's it.

A 10-day gjf ought to be good. What do you plan to eat today and tomorrow? I tend to go for "Last Suppers" but it's well-known that, in royal Helmster's phrase, I could use some work. Can you eat just water-rich fruits and vegetables these two days? That would help psychologically and physiologically if you could, though it's not essential. Can you start now making green juice - can you have a quart today and a quart tomorrow? I always use organic, so I can't have a base of yummy cuke as Carrie GETS to have, but you could do a base of celery-cabbage-lemon-zucchini and then add some denser greens - romaine, spinach. If you are new to it, you might want to add some flavoring like cayenne pepper or kelp flakes or liquid amino acids (not really raw), or tomatoes or onion. The important thing is to do with your juice what you have to do to keep doing it. And that goes with other things in your day for those 10 days - when I am fasting, if I need to, say, stay in bed for 12 hours, or sit picking a scab, or do things you're not really supposed to do, I let myself do it, if it's what I need to keep aboard safe from sharks. You only really discover these things as you go along, what you need to keep going. Also, you may not have the disembodying, dissociation thing with carrots or apples that we've been talking about. Just make sure you get a lot of green in your juices. The predominant color-vibe-taste ought to be greeny.

Date: February 26, 2007 03:27PM

"I would much rather walk beside both of you than run ahead so I'm done counting days. I'll be done when I'm done. I would much rather be here than treading water on my own. " Most royally said, Helmster - counting days is really quite silly. We'd much, much, much rather sail with you, so thank you for turning the boat around to get us. With days in mind, one is still, as brain, telling body how to feel and where to go and so on and so forth - but ironically (or veronically) if the fast works, the brain's ideas get blown out of the water, including its timing and clocking and calendar and finity (is finity the opposite of in- ?). So I want it to work.

I'd kill for cuke juice right now. Or even pay 4.50 a pound...I still have to go make breakfast for I have been typing away.

Laughing is sooo important - I hereby nominate it as more nutritive than any avocado or spirulina thingie or carrot-hottie. Let's try to make one another laugh when we get hungry or weak or down or overwhelmed.

Date: February 26, 2007 03:35PM

well there maybe a problem looming - there is only one organic shop in my area and fesh produce is very limited, and also very seasonal (i live in france). so there is available chard, spinach lettuce pumpkin organicaly, for anything else i'd have to buy 'normal'should i do that?
as it is already evening here i shall try to drink some green juice tomoro along with salads and fruit like normal.
so is it ok to use apples? what about kiwi? that's green....
how many glasses of juice to you drink a day? can i continue drinking herb teas?

Date: February 26, 2007 04:06PM

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!
laughing is EASYYYYYY PEAAAAASSYYYYYYYY!!!

Day 1 ( i like numbersz)

there was this movie i once saw
it was called Brazil
there was a guy JOnathan Pryce
who fell in love with this woman
and anyhow
it was a long time ago i rented this movie
but anyhow, the dude...he sprouts wings and flies in his reveries
and the Brazil song ( by Antonio Jobim ) is in the background

anyhow, there's another dude
who catapults from out of a ceiling
and he represents "the bureacracy" and he has all these "stickies, note reminder pads' all over his body and he says something like
" I'm a stickler for numbers" or something like that
like he is REALLY into all the red tape ( verrrrrrrrrryyy funny)

so, i'm gonna be a catapulter from the ceiling
and keep using numbers
cuz numbers contain magic sometimes
like numerology
and helps me map out the terrain too

though i'll be done when i'm done too
maybe i'll go the johnsy route
and see if i can become a gjf rian( of course its possible) like a lion can become a sphinx ( why not)?
if it gets enough gj in its system ( righty johnsies?)

anyhow
this morning technically ought to be "awful"
because i'm confronted with the end result of having procrastinated more than i should have and the deadline is tomorrrrrrrowwwwww and like i need at least 7 more days to get this squared away but time doesn't stop for me
so of course my strategy is to change myself so that time slowwwws down and amplifies itself ( hence the gjf), dig?
and its gonna take every green fibril of my being
to turn this tsunami over and pave it to make it a smoooth plane of water only

but strangely enough, i feel pretty darn great and VERY hopeful
i'm even looking forward to this day
i've decided, that i'm gonna have FUN!! surfing this tsunami
wwwwwwoooooHOOOOOOOOOOO
get out my green board and just mosey along with the waves after waves after waves and instead of getting HIT by them... i'm gonna SURF em!!
and i'll have fun doing so

thanx to my peachy hempster mateys !
i'm sure they'll be watching me fromm the Mother ship GREENPEACH
while i be making my impossibly possible surf today
not sure how much sleep i will get tonight
(due to all the surfing that i GET to do)
now is especially the time for me to internalize the GET from the GOT, get it?

i GET to do this
I GET to do this
I GET to do this

honestly, its all good
just gonna be super DUPER intense
keeping track of every second that i need to make this surfing project successful

and the greeny liquids , i know, will definetely help
right now, i'm drinking more of the same ( cuz that' the way i am ... steady)

more brococeleryspinachparsley mmmmm...

its a good thing to wake up to
then gonna hit the shower
then its just surf surf surf SURF til tomorrow
then i'll get to sort of take a rest ( if i didn't the night before)

ahhhh.. such is the way my life goes sometime
i created this drama ( fer sure)
but at least i can enjoy it instead of having it destroy me
procrrastination just means i had my PRIORITIES, right?
( everyone nod their heads and agree with me to assist me in feeling better, c'mon mateys, just this once.. hee heee!)

RIGHT - o
i'm trying to convince myself
cuz i'm just a tad bit scared that i'll swallow salt water from the tsunami waves
but its all good

i think PRIMORDIA was and is with us all along
its waiting to show itself
johnsies
, where WERE u before u were an embryo?

before you were a zygote

before u were a double celled organism?

that's right

PRIMORDIA

i'll see u on the other side
Carrie Helmster will open the door for us

and we'll play Ring around the Rosies

Debbie will have our green "fun drinks" ready for us
while she sings karaoke songs one beautiful one after another

see?
its all good in PRIMORDIA
no more deadlines to meet
and no more sleep deprivation

ahhhhh... will be glad when tuesday is over
if i make it
of course i will

i already AM

Date: February 26, 2007 04:18PM

Debbie

listen to El Capitan
he knows what he is talking about
yep
its right on the dot
me
i'm no good with giving advise

so listen to johnsies
he knows
he does
truly

Carrie

we get to walk b'sides u?
that made e smile

here's a poem i know ( i forget who wrote it though... but i heard it a while ago)

" don't walk in front of me, i may not lead
don't walk behind me, i may not follow
just walk besides me and be my friend"

oh and we must not leave our mascot our A - dog behind
let's call him... hmmmm... uh...... ( gotta come up with something creative)...uhhh.. hmm... ohhh i got it!!

SPARKY!!!

heee heee

yep, SPARKY, our aisthesis ?( how u spell it johnsies?)

dog

yeah, he is walking besides us as well
we gotta feed him some of our liquid greenies too , okay?
doncha forget
because he waas born from the Great Green Foam of the Sea

so that is ALL he eats
that is ALL he knows as nourishment
so don't go feeding him fish or anything fishy like that

anyhoo

its good to be a part of the Roxettes ( kicking up my feet)
and walking b'sides each other

Date: February 26, 2007 04:29PM

Captain not-a-Cook reporting - oh, wow, matey, that sounds intense - we will understand if you can't report in or if you somewhere in the next two days get eaten by an eat-shark - but of course we are watching over your surfing and we think you should have an asparagus snorkel and a collards wet-suit, and cuke-and-zuke goggles so you can see where you are headed clearly without getting red-teary-blindy eyes from salt. Just trust in green. There's an adage in the Adirondack mountains : "Don't like the weather? Stick around a minute, it'll change". So I amend this - "Don't like what you're feeling? Have more green juice - it'll change."

"Procrastination means I just had my priorities" - I think that is an excellent (Attic salty) apophthegm. Ride your drama if you can; if not, Helmster and I have stumbled into a singularity in space without "days" so you can day-one again if you need to.

Date: February 26, 2007 04:50PM

I apologize, shuffleboard-bingo-crew; I did not realize you are in France - I am on Eastern time in the States. You can do a lot with spinach, lettuce, and chard, and also I don't think the others are keeping to organic only. Yes, you can do herb teas when you don't feel like making juice, but try not to allow them to keep you from having juice, as the juice will be your way to feel full and even-keeled and keep your blood-sugar up. Try not to _substitute_ teas for juice you would otherwise be having.

Apples and kiwis both provide sugar. Test them tomorrow (Tuesday) in juice to see if you feel sugared-out from using them in your juices. Kiwi tends not to usually go with vegetable/green juices, but a lot of green-juice-drinkers use apple in their green juices. Apple-spinach is supposedly a great colon-cleansing combination as a juice.

I don't know what your schedule is - whether you can make juices freely throughout the day whenever you feel hungry or upset or freaking-out or just plain like eating. If you can, I would plan on having some fresh juice every two hours, stopping well before bedtime, so you don't wake up a zillion times to pee. If you need it more often, that is okay, too. I don't think you should limit yourself in temrs of when you have it, how much you have, or how often. Try to avoid getting a "low", getting hungry - if you feel it, it may be too late to save yourself. Try to keep well-fueled with green, as LV says, don't let the needle approach empty. Carrie says she feels it inside her, springing. Try to keep replete with it.

You can have just a glass at one sitting - some people have more than a quart at one sitting. You ought to notice some stomach shrinkage in about three days - I mean in terms of bloating. You might use Tuesday to play around with combinations and proportions, so that you know what to expect. This will help you figure out how much fruit juice, if any, you can use.

Date: February 26, 2007 04:54PM

You've all been so productive this morning, procrastinating, spitting in water, wonderful things. I have also yet to have breakfast. But! after I do I'm going shopping! For Green Stuff.I'm going to share my essence with some produce. We're going to need supplies. So make your shopping lists and put your pirate faces on because we're riding a tsunami.

I can't wait to see The Caps primordia. (I bet it's green though like LV's hair (and sounds just like a dinosaur a tiny just hatched growly squeaky baby primordial dinosaur) )

Debbie, kiwis ARE green! I love kiwis. I don't care much for the master cleanse so I'd feel much better if you came aboard the peach.

TAAADAAA The one joke I know: What does a cannibal get when he shows up late to dinner?

The Cold Shoulder!

Date: February 26, 2007 05:05PM

Oh, helmster, I have to make brocco-breakfast before it's afternoon, but I have to commend your joke, and add one of mine, though we'll be bumped to "other stuff" forum if we turn this into a string of what's the only joke you know? The only joke I know is: What's a dyslexic insomniac agnostic?

Someone who lies awake at night wondering if there's a dog.

I thought Sparky the aisthesis puppy might like that one. We are happy to have you peach-side - "I'm going to share my essence with some produce." Beautiful! I am going to share my essence with some brocco-juice finally for breakfast now. Lay in lots of supplies - I think Krakatoa's about to erupt its volcano again and you know what that means - incoming! Incoming! Tsunami! Lucky we are pirate ducks and know ghost-ships filled with green gold when we see them. Or in admira(b)l's case, SMELL them.

Date: February 26, 2007 05:21PM

great, thanks for your help! i shall be joining you on wednesday (as long as i don't sudenly change my mind!!)
i usually start the day with an apple lemon and ginger juice so i guess i can keep on with that and i'll check around tomorrow for other vegetables to use on wednesday.
am eating at friend's tomoro night, will be vegan but not raw (believe me just being vegan is completely unheard of here in france let alone raw so have compromised!)

Date: February 26, 2007 06:34PM

I am no pro-American, but eating healthily in Europe is soooo near impossible (at least it was, last time I was there), unless you rely on one of the great mail-order organic businesses. I understand there was a Saturday organic farmer's market in Paris - I don't know how things have changed, though. It seems about 10-20 years behind what's average here. They still call "salad" something with slabs of meat in it. So weird.

You could definitely do a lemon-spinach-ginger juice fast with accents of chard, apple, and lettuce, and herb teas with lemon.

It could take you the first three days of your fast to get your dinner out of your system - particularly if it contains possible allergens like gluten - so be prepared for a day 4 shift in gear and possible withdrawal heating up at that stage. Some people start to kick in around days 3-5 - for me, they are the rocks of a narrow strait and I get thrown against them often.

As for my own progress here on Day 4 or 1 or infinity: I have been trying to green-juice feast, as per the juicefeasting school. Many suggest a gallon of juice per diem. I have issues with this. You have to go into serious debt to do it organic, for one thing; and since millions of birds, fish, and other animals die every year due to sprays, I feel veganism is organicism (and vice versa, considering that no environmentalist worthy of the name can not be vegan), so that's a whopping 16 pounds at least of organic produce a day. In practice, gallon-a-dayers seem to rely heavily on cheap, high-yield stuff like carrots and apples and grapefruit, but then you are playing the Grahamite game where you decide you need lots and lots of calories every day and end up therefore getting lots and lots of fruit in you. Neglecting the valuable, nutritive leafy greens, which have very low yield as juice and also calorically.

I do tend to drop metabolism even juice fasting, which slows detox, repair, and pretty much all functions and functioning to a halt, so I was attracted by the idea of getting a LOT of juice in. In fact, I just had a quart of mainly green juice. I feel densely nutriated, possibly even hyper-nutriated. But what I am not sure I feel like is having 3 more quarts in the course of today. At the moment, that feels as though it would be violence. And Greenpeach is about gentleness to self, tender taking care of self, "wholistic" nourishing, healing, and nurturing. Violent over-liquidation would run counter to that. Once again, as with Day-counting, one perhaps wants to avoid letting the brain have too much say as a fast progresses and it becomes possible at least to hear what the body may be saying or wanting or not wanting.

Anyhow, I don't know - I'll see. I do know I am full now. I don't want to get into the juicing equivalent of Graham, where you stuff yourself with empty calories just to make some number that's way too high, in the process leaving out the good healing stuff. I am not going to juice again until I get hungry or stressed or in shark-peril, and then I don't think I will juice a quart next time.

This has to sink in - to my cells.

I had a whole cabbage, 1 (or two) whole bunch of spinach, a whole green pepper, a whole (or 2) heads of broccoli, a little tomato, one parsnip - also, I was throwing in some mega-intense beet greens and you know beets think they're hotties, too - I did throw one in and make myself a green valentine since my valentine's day was so miserable. I'm not sure how I feel now. I definitely had a very (powerfully) green drink.

But I suspect that it would stress my kidneys to fit (shove) in another 3 quarts today.

Date: February 26, 2007 06:43PM

okay i had to take a little break from surfing
and couldn't help but read yer postal pro-mosaic- prosey acs

this tsunami is being tinged and tinged and TINGED with something lovely
i love it
i'm FOCUSING on PRIMORDIA while i ride this stunning blue green toppling tower
and its making my bare feet feel like it is shearing through the H20 with dynamic jupiter grounding
this is good
this is what i need
i was in a hurry this morning and was looking all over the cupboard for one of those portable plastic carry thing a majigaroos to pour green juice in or one of the empty glass bottles

but i'd misplaced them all
so i RAAAn out the door carrying this huge cylindrical ceramic mug filled with
my greenies

when i met person A to discuss B (yep, that's right.. all people are assigned letters and all projects and going on's will be assigned letters too as I am a stickler for "LETTERS!!!!" and to cut to the chase) cuz adventura primordia is my main groove

at any rate, person A just stared at the mug and said
"what's in it?"
and i said what it was and A just shook his head and said " i guess YOU'LL never be getting diabetes"
i just looked at him like " hmmm...?"
cuz he didn't have diabetes too ( at least he never mentioned it)

if he did have diabetes
i didn't want to judge him
so i kept my mouth shut
and just let him look apprehensive
then he said "its so hard, i really love sugar"
i still kept my mouth shut

cuz i didn't run out the door almost breakin my neck to talk about "how to avoid diabetes"
then we returned back to project B

and i thought to myself " i love my greenies"
anyhow A is a cool person, verrrry intelligent and helped me with Project B so i just let him be

it was a good morning
and i'm still surfffing like crazy

surf along with me mateys
i'll know your're there
if its true , ( and ya know it izzz) of what johnsy said about me being able to sniff out a tsunami
i'll DEFINETELY be able to perceive my peachy mateys accompanying me on my grand TSUNAMIC SURFING EXPEDITIANA
it will last one day and spill over a bit into the next day

then i'll definetely want to get back to shore and rest up a little
and then get on that crystalline helix ladder back to GREENPEACH

where i belong!!

beeep beeeep beeee beeep beee BEEEP (sounds are getting louder and louder)

ooooOHHHH.. what have we got here???

oh...( looking at my sparky pager)

i got a message from sparky, he wants to say something

"wooooffff. woooofffff... WOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFF...WOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFF!"

translation: " i fell in love with a dolphin
can u get me off of this peach?

errrrrrr.... maties.. what am I supposed to do??

Debbie

take over

Date: February 26, 2007 08:56PM

My eyeballs feel weird well really just the left one and I'm making a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. But I'm not going to have ANY (but I might smell it) Because I fell in love at the grocery so all I'm thinking about is Lemon-Parsley-Green leaf lettuce-Celery Juice.

These are our love letters to juice. Ahhh(awww) Love not Blah Love.

Captain, youre right about organic. Where do you live in that Eastern Timezone. Do you have a garden? I'd like a garden even an indoor garden.

I also want to learn how to surf like The El-vee. With her report in one hand and a green mug and leash in the other. Her hair like a green wave flowing behind her typing away keeping me true.

Debbie, not only do I love kiwis I love applelemonginger. I hope to see you here Wednesday if not to jump in to tell us how you're feeling. We've transitioned from the Three Musketeers to the The Beatles+dog I'd like to be Ringo but I'm flexible.

Date: February 26, 2007 09:22PM

hey carrie

yer eyeballs feel weird?
my "brain" feels weird

i need to take another break
its like surfacing from being underwater for a long time
anyhoo
i'm feeling uhhh... anyhow
let's just say its good for me that i'm taking this little break
my brain has reached maximum overload ...surgggge SURGE!!
something up with circuitry

i need to recharge

anyhoo... finished my extremely tall, beautiful cylindrical mug of green juice
i think that'll do me for the day.. well, it better
cuz i ain't gonna be home til late

and, its gonna have to do

whew!

well...

i bet johnsies grows ALL his food
and he hides them from his buddies and his neighbours so he gets to have it ALL and of course ship em to his mateys when they are getting low on organic greenies ( uhhh... i hope i'm correct)

any rate, i feel better now
okay

i'm going back to surfing
waves look better now from where i'm standing

got my feet in the water now
its cold but cool
there is a floaty ray sharky looking thing below

couldn't be a barracuda, could it?

i see a wave coming in

its glistening
i'm taking it

adios!

Date: February 26, 2007 11:02PM

I get that eyeball thing - I'll have to track when - wonder what it means - usually it upsets me and I think it's a signal I've had too much herb or sugar or something, but maybe it is detox.

Helmster Carrie Antoinette, watch out for that cake. Don't let your vessel be hit by an icing and sink in the North Atlantic.

Being flexible is why you're a basketball star. Or Starr because it's fine with me if you are Ringo - I will be one of the vegetarian guitar peacenik dudes, John or George and our shuffleboard-bingo purser can be Paul because over there in France she probably can sing "Michelle" better than we can.

Glad you are hanging on at the close of Day 1, Admiral - I laughed at your weird diabetic conversation - mm-hm - people can be hilarious in a sad way. Talk about unrequited love, A's got it.

Helmster, just keep thinking about your loving aisthetic celery-lettuce-lemon-parsley juice - it's thinking about You.

I think I have had my last juice of the day - I had one quart around noon and another around 4. It was another whole bunch or 2 of spinach, several celery stalks, lots of kale, lots of beet greens, a little tomato, and a little too much garlic and lemon. I do feel woozy and a little spinning - it could be just that's a lot of nutrition to throw down there into me cells (we're Liverpudlian so we have to say stuff like "me cells"winking smiley all at once. Basically feeling optimistic about this, but that's because of my mateys. I recommend fasting on a Greenpeach built for two or more - treading juice by yourself is tough.

I also am interestedly wondering (when you are in a band of gjf-ers, it's easier to wonder and explore and not get so hung up with rights, wrongs, mistakes, and byways - easier to be interested in misfires and moods along the way) about how live a big old juice fast feels - I think it could be all those enzymes. I'm one who spends a lot of time and dough hanging out with the powdery superfoods - Vitamineral Greens, used to do Pure Synergy (it isn't raw), algae and grass powder and powdery maca and all manner of stuff like that there - promising and testimonialifying to humongous energy and health and vibrant and vitality, and I keep trying and trying with that stuff thinking it is I that is wrong not to be "getting" it - I mean, it's dried but it's not heated, right? But doing this is such a difference - fresh food without the intermediary step of digestion - it's like the transfusion of life/life-blood that the dried superfoods are _supposed_ to be about (I include here frozen ones like E3 Live).

So I say, if you are not feeling enzymey enough and Live with your sprouted-wheatberry oil, salt, macadamia and raisin cakes - or your Rainbow Green Cuisinful combo-abombos - or your eatie-eighty-ten-ten fruity-tunes course of miracles - try adding massive green drink, fresh-made, and see what happens and report. I have read people report on high-fruit, with rueful regret; I have read people report on Rainbow Greening, with rueful regret - unhappy true explorers - but I don't reckon I've yet read anyone say "I was on a high-green-juice raw vegan dietary and I got grumpy and I passed out and I lost my teeth and I couldn't take a joke and I died and then I went back to eggs and pasta and pepperoni twice a week and I'm much better now". Green-oxy-saturation. Blending doesn't (my hypothesis we are testing) saturate the cells the way juice-mainlining does.

This is a theory. I am testing the Juice Oxygen Enzyme theory - he's called joey like a baby kanga-marsupial for short and is our new aisthesis Greenpeachis mascot. I'm breaking him in but he's training me more than I am training him, which is good.

Date: February 26, 2007 11:04PM

johnsies:

"violent overliquidation"?

wow... that sounds like Krakatoa just went off -->triggered grand oceanic waves--> triggered JOhnsies to run out into the waves with an empty pitcher---> poured all the emerald silence into glass receptacle---> and drank it whole

violetly violent overliquidation that would be

hmmmmm.... its up to u man
if yer into an entire "gallon" of violence... hey... i won't tell anyone except maybe carrie, sparkey, debbie and all the dolphins under the peachdome that are mysteriously calling out to us all (especially to sparkey)

i says yer bod knows best
and so does yer spirit

so listen to both
Day 1 --- approaching infinity
is going groovy

surf waves have quelled a bit

tis good

tis great even

Date: February 27, 2007 12:09AM

After the cake they ordered two HUGE pizzas and are now declaring them to be "the best pizza I've ever had in mah life, like seriously. mmmmm...coma....drool" I'm going to take a bath. My mouth is grumpy.

Date: February 27, 2007 12:47AM

Helmster Starrie, what? You work in a restaurant or something? What is this?

Date: February 27, 2007 01:42AM

Oh wouldnt that be awful if I did? No, I live in a house w/ SAD people. Three of them under 15. It's like living in a dorm as far as food is concerned.

Do you know what word I dont like? Deserve. I want to forget the word deserve.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2007 01:42AM by dynamiteroyalty.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: February 27, 2007 02:50AM

Oh, I just wish I had time to read all three pages...

la_veronique, multi celled organism, amazing creature.

Green bonanza.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: February 27, 2007 04:25AM

Day 1

awright
its approaching night
and its a wrap up
yeeeheeeeeee!!
yes, i am excited but a little tired too
it would help if i slept some but will do that later

i am really grateful to greenies
because it really SAVED my derriere today
it really DID make time slooowwww down for me
so that i got a great big bulk of the essential things i needed to get done to wrap this thing up ( which REALLY needed to happen... like u would not believe)

so, i'm out of the RED ( at least for a while)
and looking at somewhere between orange to green (which is a lot better than RED RED RED )

oh yeah RED means "emergency status" like say you are stuck on the freeway cuz some car swiped you on a rainy slick pavement day

or when u got a PILE of stuff to do
and you feel like just staring at the ceiling or like for me.. staring at a tree or my fingernails
i the meantime... well... let's just say its not pretty

but gjf made it not only bearable but it made it do able and i couldn't believe it! it really did make it so that it could get done

hip hip hooooray!

but there was at least 3 , yes THREE times when i felt
a distinct sense of discomfort and feeling like .. why do all these people around me get to eat? what's up with that?
like , i was taking it personally... it was ridiculous

there was a guy that sat next to me while i was working on my project
and he was just chomping away one after another of some Shrimp N Chips thing ( at least that is what it said on the bag )

and it was like
watching a fish
one
crunch
one
crunch
one
crunch

it astonished me, then i just broke down and HAD to admit that he actually DID
exude an uncannily precise beat and rhythm to all his crunching and putting stuff in his mouth... he had a really interesting way of syncopating it too
he would break one in half then he would throw it into his mouth but his hand would be like a couple of inches away from his mouth kind of like his mouth was some sort of golfing hole and the chips were the golfball then he would make the crunching sound and then before he gave the first one a fair chance to be crunched to the max, he had another one shot in and once again crunch

and i had no choice but to groove to it

even though it was like listening to someone play a xylophone that had no
"melody .... like a woodenmetallica xylophone in which each note was the EXACT

monotone ( being redundant but so what)

anyhow
the radio was going on
and i was getting a wee bit tired
and i needed some energy
and instead of telling the guy "STOP CRUNCHING!!!"

i just kinda started tap dancing my feet to the syncrhonistical shrimpnchips rhythm ( ya dig?) ( though no one could see my feet cuz they were under the table)

and everything was okay

Anatomy of a Craving

step 1: resentment
step 2: concede to the idea that i've made a commitment to GREENPEACH mission
step 3: mourning
step 4: groove with rhythm of shrimp n chips and perceive bad guy as an interesting background drummer

result: little conniption passes and everything is okay again
til next wave comes along

well... this happened 3 distinct times throughout the day because i was a bit stressed but for some reason, i did feel "protected" which usually happens when i am gjf and i also felt buoyed (living on a peach has a way of raising my spirits ANY time as long as i remember to think of "where i came from"
on a peach.. that's right)

well, its not like i wanted any of his shrimpnchips ( or anything else with eyeballs jutting out from it) but it did make me a tad bit
envious ( sheesshh... the thangs u envy when yer fasting... sort of perverse in a way but ha ha... but NOW i can laugh about it) cuz wave has passed

right now
i feel pretty darn good
but i'm wiped out
so i'm gonna take a little nap
maybe an hour or two

before i get back to my doing

oh yeah, i read a little something about St Germain yesterday
don't know why i did that
that is what i call "procrastination"
but it was interesting and worth it
like i knew about him prior
but this article had a lot more interesting things to say about him
including some of the predictions he made for France : wars and downfalls and uprisings and whatnot

so many myths going on about him though
i did hear that he practiced inedia consistently
if he really is an Ascended Master like some claim he is
then, well.. maybe we could invite him aboard
even though he passed away centuries ago
but some say he is still 'alive' ( not like in the Elvis sort of way)
but that's why they call him AM ( though i don't go around worshipping other people)

still... it would be fun, i would think
it would be fun to just throw some yarn out and about
and just chat with him

i know he would like our ship
i really have that feeling that he would

st. Germain
if yer out there and listening
yer invited to our GREENPEACH
you will like it
i know u will

that's my little prayer

on yeah, another thing i researched ( procrastination) was that there was this woman author who wrote novels based on st. germain but she made the main character a vampire ( can u believe it?) well.. i guess it has something to do with immortality.. but a VAMPIRE?

saint.. vampire.. well, i guess one could draw parallels if one really sat and thought about it ( gimme THREE seconds)

later mateys

see u on other side of snow swept twilight sheathed
Day 2

Current Page: 3 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables