Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 4 of 10
Re: 30 day green juice fast
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 27, 2007 07:16AM

Here's some gentle wind for your beautiful greenpeach sails:

WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: debbie ()
Date: February 27, 2007 08:43AM

good morning all from sunny south of france!!
a few more questions for you seadogs out there -
johnson said :

"You have to go into serious debt to do it organic, for one thing; and since millions of birds, fish, and other animals die every year due to sprays, I feel veganism is organicism (and vice versa, considering that no environmentalist worthy of the name can not be vegan), so that's a whopping 16 pounds at least of organic produce a day."

i totally agree but like i said before it will be virtually impossible phyysically and financiallhy to buy all organic stuff for my hopeful 10 day stint, but if i use 'normal' stuff won't it defeat the purpose of the fast?
can i use apples and carrots as the 'base' of the juices? can i mix with water? and what about using a blender from time to time? i do have a juicer but was wondering about making the odd green smoothie as well?

i'm sure there was something else i needed to know....
oh well i'll have to get back to you when i rememeber!

i'm going to make maximum effort to eat primarily fruit and juices til tonite when i will be having my 'non raw vegan dinner' and try not to overeat that then i'll be jumping aboard with you tomoro!

hope the weather is good out there!

Date: February 27, 2007 08:57AM

ok i've just remembered....
i've been using psyllium the last couple of weeks to help bowel funtion (it's helping), can i ccontinue with that?
also having understood what you were saying about the candida can i still use apples or do they provoke? obviously i would prefer to use them!!

Date: February 27, 2007 11:13AM

one more thing.....
what about green tea? or is it considered too much of a stimulant?

Date: February 27, 2007 12:37PM

Some notes: you could do caffeine-free green tea (can you find it there?), but caffeine would in my opinion seriously screw up what you are trying to do - in fact a lot of people use their fast to break addictions like caffeine. I don't know if you have caffeine-tea a lot, but you may possibly experience caffeine withdrawal if you fast without caffeine - so use this board and Greenpeach. Keeping as green as you can (alkaline) would presumably help with caffeine detox/withdrawal.

A lot of people wouldn't fast with psyllium, but I think you could try it - how often and how much do you do it? Some people feel it is dehydrating and bulking/constipating but this is clearly not your experience.

The one thing you mention that I absolutely would advise against is the blending and smoothies. You can do a smoothie cleanse for a few weeks where all you would eat would be non-fruit smoothies (maybe a bit of apple) with lots of greens, but if you do a juice fast, keep it juice. For 10 days, you'll do more on juice. But if you find you can't, you might want to do a 3-week smoothie cleanse.

Once again, as for using an apple-carrot base or using apples, see if you can test it today. Consider how you feel before, and then after, such a drink. Diluting with water and balancing with plenty of serious green (like chard) may work for you. If it seems too yeasty (if some of the symptoms you marked off on the questionnaire seem to worsen), consider lemon as a flavoring - I find it invaluable in terms of giving taste to juice without sugar or salt.

As for the organic question, you will have to ask the others. I try not to be too die-hard about other questions and about various raw matters because I am still questioning and searching and the only thing that concerns me is people keeping raw vegans and being happy, healthy, nice, youthful, cool, beauteous ambassadors of raw vegan to the world (oops, I went off on a tangent), but I am a die-hard vegan (except for "ethically" exploited bees and poor plants) so I feel I have to be a die-hard organicist. I can't in good conscience advise you to support commercial farming. (I like the planet, too.) But, as I say, I don't think Elvee is doing organic and she feels the fast is doing her much good. Also, if you want to do an organic juice fast with funkily crazy ingredients plus water plus herbal tea plus psyllium, we will help you through that less-fun option. You could also do a tea fast or a tea-lemon fast. Or a urine fast - I do those!

Distilled water or perhaps some French spring water LOW in inorganic minerals can definitely be used to mix with your juices - try today to see whether a mixture of half-carrot-apple, half-water, with of course some chard or spinach or lettuce, is 1) palatable; 2) feeling as if it might exacerbate candida. If it makes your scalp itch or gives you brain fog or a draggy feeling that you weren't feeling before you drank it, that is candida being fed. I would definitely not use tap water.

You are very welcome aboard.

Posted by: dynamiteroyalty ()
Date: February 27, 2007 01:01PM

"The division of one day from the next must be one of the most profound peculiarities of life on this planet. It is, on the whole, a merciful arrangement. We are not condemned to sustained flights of being, but are constantly refreshed by little holidays from ourselves. We are intermittent creatures, always falling to little ends and rising to little new beginnings. Our soon-tired consciousness is meted out in chapters, and that the world will look different tomorrow is, for both our comfort and discomfort, usually true.
Iris Murdoch

How silly it feel to choose such an obvious misstep in getting where you're going, bit it seems that a backwards step can sometimes, with unfortunate but still appreciated kindness,be a step forward.

I didn't sleep very well last night and physically I feel awful compared to the last five days, but a little end only means the chance for a little new beginning.

Date: February 27, 2007 01:01PM

ps I am SO thirsty. So bring on the green.

Date: February 27, 2007 01:31PM

Thank you so much for the gentle wind, Suncloud - I think we all need it. Elvy has one more tough day to go, and Carrie's mouth is grumpy and she is trying to fast in a stoopid situation. Me, if I were around three standard awful drugged damned and disgusto eaters and trying to fast, I'd be cool, but put me in a household where everyone was eating buffet deli vegan, or scumpty crisp salads with nori and raw guacamole and snacks of little clementines and my fave apricots, and I couldn't even body-surf on a boogie board - I couldn't even walk in the water let alone on it.

But I am up and ready for juice and I hope Carrie and Elfy are as well. I had a half-gallon yesterday and I still don't know how I feel. This not-knowing-how-one-feels is obviously some sort of cooked acidity thing going on and my hope is that I can and will gjf long enough to break through it. I think you can do that after a few months of all-fruit as well - that authenticity. But it makes sense that there needs to be improved communication among cells, and electric oxygen (green) is probably the key to that.

Congratulations to Elvy on her day (Day 1, as we say in the raw skin trade), and this is to hope Carrie still wants to sail, especially with that spring zephyr from a suncloud.

I don't know what I am or what's up or what I am doing today, but as Elvy says, I concede that I have made a commitment to Greenpeach, and that helps vast-enormously. Frankly, I think we've taken up so much forum space so insistently that we owe it to the community to not just fizzle out but to get somewhere and share what we learn and teach what we share, to help others who have lost, or are questioning, or have yet to find, their way. Which means we ought to be about 90 pages long by the time we are through - that had, I personally think, better be worth it.

I still feel more sore-throaty than usual but I can't really go to town on that because it has coincided with my trip last week to NYC, in sopping wet clothing for hours and 9 hours of stress and smoke and heartbreak and I always come back from such things and act out a sort of flu, so I am claiming nothing for gjf just at present.

My goal is to uncover for myself and anyone else who should need it a psychologically and financially sustainable way of raw vegan that results in superior energy, superior health, superior looks, superior mental and physical performance, superior spiritual/psychic/perceptive stuff, superior longevity, superior moods, happiness, and serene stability and emotional strength, superior aesthetic and aisthetic sense, and anything else superior I haven't said. Does this require frequent extended gjf? Permanent gjf? Supplementation? Or what? I won't give up till the search kills me or I find out.

Speaking of psychic synchronicity and all, on the theme of antediluvian "telepathy" in the Golden green-age, it's funny you should mention Saint Germain just like that, Veronique, as yesterday when I was posting about the Paris organic farmer's market I kept thinking, "Should I say it was in the Rue Saint-Germain?" because that is how I remembered it, and I kept wondering if I should say so. But I did not, as I am not quite certain. Don't mean to make an olympian Mount Athos out of a hummock or whatever, but how many times in a day do two random people both think of Saint Germain?

Let's be on the lookout for "cool psi" Greenpeach phenomena!

Day 2.

Date: February 27, 2007 01:40PM

Dynamite, just read this. Well, well, marvelous input from Damn Iris there - only the world never looks much different to me in the morning; I'd not say that was usually true. But I think you need a tall jug of celery-cuke-lemon-parsley forthwith. I'm going to make some now.

So you get that sorry arrogant depraved eating thing all the time? Take heart - there are beautiful things too beautiful for Whitman, I swear to you.

Date: February 27, 2007 02:02PM

Veronique, as ship numerologist I am trusting you to co-generate psyrotechnics in the telepathic dept. today as 2.27.2007 looks like a pretty mystical date number.

Date: February 27, 2007 03:53PM

Breakfast: Just had my morning quart of juice - a base of lemon-cabbage, then one tomato, one parsnip, and lots of endive, parsley, kale, baby bok choy. A little green pepper. It seemed fairly intensely green.

Some interesting observations from the mistakes-experiments department: I added barley grass juice powder to this - a tablespoon - I like barley grass powder but I suspect it doesn't do anything for me and have been wondering on this thread whether that might really be because it is not "alive" (although it is not cooked, either). I am wondering whether part of the problem is that I put my superfood, algae, grasses powders into dead (distilled) water, which supposedly sits in the stomach and doesn't hydrate the body (that would mean it doesn't reach the cells). Perhaps I would get better results (or any results) from them if they were in a live carrier like juice rather than a carrier like unstructured water that exacerbates their deadness and unvitality. (Note: machine-structured water has never made my powder drinks more powerful.) So I put some powder in this morning's juice.

The other experiment I made was quite illegal and quite mistaken, but I don't think I am going to go back to Day 1 unless my mateys do, too - I think it taught me to shut up - some mistakes don't do that (for instance, after my carrot juice mistake I am still adding root veg. like beet or parsnip). It may be of some interest to Grahamites that this is my first juice of this Greenpeach that made my scalp itchy - I added some hemp oil. Not a lot, but enough to see those little globules sickeningly floating in my drink - it rather sank to the bottom so I drank most of the oil all at once at the end, and I became instantly too mucusy. I am wondering whether the combination of overt fat plus the sugar juice from the root vegetable is what got the "candida reaction" in my poor scalp - I HATE that.

About the oil - I never use oil. I've been thinking about EFAs recently but would never use oil. I am far from certain that leafy greens alone (in great assimilated quantities) don't provide all the ALA, GLA, and so on that a healthy happy brain needs - but not convinced. Then I started reading this juicefeasting stuff and today I was thinking about sustainability, both psychological and somatic. I was thinking, well, I may be doing this forever, or I may be doing this for 110 to go back to pre-embryo me, and either way I am going to have to hit on how to really do this day after day - on paper looks good, but living reality unfolds...So I thought I would try some oil I had bought specifically for this extended gjf, or the latter reaches thereof. All that time I had been thinking about it, it didn't really strike me what it was - oil - oiyyyyly oil - but as soon as I had some it was apparent that it's a disgusting fractionated sort of repulsive questionably healthy "food" and it just seemed to go against what my body/mind would want. I haven't quite made up my mind, but I will not be adding oil to my juice again, I don't think. I don't think I've been thrown into a tailspin into a riptide by it, but I'd be trying my own patience and raw-equilibrium and fast-equilibrium to try it again.

I was thinking of raw that might work. Perhaps all fresh juicy fruit with two quarts of green juice daily? Any fruit-based eaters want to try it? Or when I have done my 110 days, perhaps I will switch to that and see. Perhaps all juicy fruit with 64 oz green drink plus a few tablespoons Vitamineral Green for extra GLA, DNA, and other things it is difficult to get without supplementation. Plus fulvic acid for cobalt - I think I read on this forum or on a vegan forum that you can make your own 12 if there's cobalt in your food, and can't if there isn't. Note: if I had a morning quart of green juice and a late-afternoon quart of green juice, the amount of high-water fruit I could actually end up having room for and eating would perhaps be sufficiently modest to forestall over-sugar issues. And the dehydration I feel when eating lots of fruit-sugar (or solid greens and fat, come to that).

Note to green-smoothie-ists: I was getting blood in my urine anyway, but after my beet juice, there was a lot of beet-colored stool and urine. _Green for Life_ proposes that this is a sign of low hydrochloric acid, and I for one have no problem seeing things that way (Buhner is too clueless to know about things like that). _Green for Life_ recommends lots of fibrous green saturation to raise (over a few months) hydrochloric acid level and then if you have beet, it doesn't show the next day in excreta. I wonder if as I go along with high levels of fiber-free green juice, it will raise my HCL, which I am sure is abominably low. In that case, later on in the spring, will I juice a beet (if I am still using some beet in my juice) and not have red urine/stool (assuming the blood is no longer a factor)?

Date: February 27, 2007 04:08PM

Note to anybody trying to stick with anything: it's very difficult to do anything different from what we've been programmed to do, without positive reinforcement. It seems to me positive reinforcement comes in at least one of three ways - 1) you believe in it so _absolutely_ that your faith that it is right whatever the detractors, pessimists, conflicting evidence may suggest or say (I felt like this first time I went fruitarian) effectively prevents you from wanting to do anything else and be cheated of any more days of the paradiseyou are sure is just on the horizon; 2) your own experience gives you almost immediate positive feedback (Veronique is getting this on her gjf - some people do get this the very week they go raw); 3) there is someone you want to be like and you are confident that he or she is really doing what you are trying to do, and that it will work for you, too.

Unfortunately I haven't got any of those going at this time.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 27, 2007 04:12PM

Day 2

Mateys
le menu for this morning ( cuz no time to make greens til i return back home)
water and lemon juice

johnsies
tis an auspicious combo of numbers indeed
i'm glad u pointed it out
because i'm going to make it official GREENPEACH DAY
that's right
mark your calendars all of you
its the OFFICIAL GREENPEACH DAY

so, every consequent year
on this very day
we shall celebrate it by drinking our greens
and making a bunch of racket
we'll invite sparkey too

2-27-2007

2+7= 9

9 divided by its single multiple unit (3) is 3

3 is Holy Trinity

3 is the three points u need to draw a triangle which is a pyramid
and the eye that is peeking out of the freemasonry thing in the green dollar bill

three is an individual, the universe that the individual interfaces with and the "holy ghost" that traverses the oceanic waves unlifting veils upon veils

3 is somehow
a chain that locks in the secrets of eternity

3 is a person with two angels flanked on both sides
lifting the sunken being out of armageddon

3 is the moon, the sun and the OCEANICA

3 is a good number to have kept when innocent people were falsley accused, tried and hang(ed) : they kept in their pockets a little piece of paper with a reminder of the chain of eternity

1) this was my life
2 ) guillotine: will be my death
3) aftermath: my life once again

3 is the number of PRIMORDIA

there u have it johnsies
an auspicious day indeed

Date: February 27, 2007 04:17PM

sounds like your all very experienced at this fasting malarky
i've only ever done 2 one day fasts before, am wondering if 10 days might be a bit ambitious, especially as i've just snacked out on lots of unmentionables in preparation for tomoro!! but i guess i'll try to take it steady and not gvie myself grief if i can't stay on track.
johnson could you give me the link for the website you mentioned, green for life? thanks
i have ben taking a couple of teaspoons of pysillum seeds with glass of water in morning.
i understand what you say about blending, will try and stick to juice, organic when and if i can find it, and herb teas
good continuation you all!!

Date: February 27, 2007 04:25PM

dynamite carrie

the little caterpillar thought it was going to die right before it became a butterfly

we're here with u
GREENPEACH is changing colors to empathize with how yer feeling
see? look... its turning purple and darker richer royal purple and raddichio purple and MORE purple

that's its way of saying ' hang in there carrie"

u can't lose

like a caterpillar can't loose in its chrysalis cocoon

our Chrysalis is GREENPEACH

the peach won't let us lose

beep beep beeep beeeeep

whoaaaaahhhh... what is my Sparkey beeper telling me here?

whoaaah boy... calm down... whatdya say?

wooooooffFFFFf woffffFFFFF wooooooofFFFF
rurrrrrrrrrrrggrrrrrrRRRRRRRRruFFFFFFFF

translation:

Sparkey says he found a dollar bill on the sandy shores and it said

" In Peach We Trust"

sparkey also says :

God can be found even in a lowly peach

i told sparkey

"Since when wuz a peach so lowly?
u can't reach it?

sparkey conceded

i like sparkey

Date: February 27, 2007 08:17PM

Captain J. sayz:

<<It seems to me positive reinforcement comes in at least one of three ways - 1) you believe in it so _absolutely_ that your faith that it is right whatever the detractors, pessimists, conflicting evidence may suggest or say (I felt like this first time I went fruitarian) effectively prevents you from wanting to do anything else and be cheated of any more days of the paradiseyou are sure is just on the horizon; 2) your own experience gives you almost immediate positive feedback (Veronique is getting this on her gjf - some people do get this the very week they go raw); 3) there is someone you want to be like and you are confident that he or she is really doing what you are trying to do, and that it will work for you, too.>>

<<Unfortunately I haven't got any of those going at this time.>>

whaddya mean that u haven't got any of those things going on at this time?
huhh???

did i MISS something here?

looks like u got it ALL 3 of those things going on:

Let's roll up our sleeves and analyze what u just said:

I usually don't do such things but this time I make an exception by CORRECTING all THREE things u just uttered above

firstly, ya really DO have unwavering faith and conviction otherwise u wouldn't be quoting Buhnsen, going out on a limb to patiently listen to and give advise to newbies ( i kinda lack adequate skills in that department as u can see), and
lending a helping hand to those who are staring at the jaws of a maco shark

2nd of all, it is evident that some time in yer past, u must have had some positive feedback because experience is the catapult for further progression

lastly, YOU are the person that u shall model after
I didn't make u Captain for nothin!

sally forth, Green Pontificator of the Emerald Seas

followin your lead

Date: February 27, 2007 09:30PM

i agree

Posted by: greenpeach ()
Date: February 28, 2007 01:18AM

I was banned!!!

I've been trying to post all afternoon in reply to you two and then finally just now it said I had been banned.

Will this message go through?

Date: February 28, 2007 01:37AM

ohhh what did you do?

Date: February 28, 2007 03:26AM

Captain

got yer message
check yours

Day 2

made it through the day with just water and lemon juice
arrived back to GREENPEACH to discover that
one of El Capitan's communication circuits was mysteriously severed
Sparkey started growling when he witnessed a holographic image of you
but then he started to wag his tail when he recognized who u were

Sparkey says:

GREENPEACH is still sailing
and the Captain is still leading the voyage

Date: February 28, 2007 03:45AM

Capitan

I forgot that if you were banned does that mean that your new name was also banned? so not sure if you can check your reply but gjf must go on
then

la_veronique7@yahoo.com

Date: February 28, 2007 03:51AM

You dont want to upset fasters. A peach needs it's Captain.

Date: February 28, 2007 04:00AM

yeah.. whoever heard of a peach without a captain,huh?
that's just plain senseless

Date: February 28, 2007 08:20AM

i meant "seedless"

Date: February 28, 2007 08:27AM

morning all
well i feel absolutely terrible after last night's dinner! and very unprepared for today, i got itchy runny nose (i often get this, is this candida symptoms i wonder?) and generally clogged up headspace. will have first juice soon then am off to market to see what good veg i can pick up.
i must say i don't feel very inspired for this!! i'm hoping this feeling will pass.
i hope you are all feeling in better states than me!!!
happy sailing!

Date: February 28, 2007 08:34AM

sparkey says:

make some veggie juice for me 2
LV has been feeding me lemon juice all day and i want something that is the color of sea

Date: February 28, 2007 10:04AM

debbie:

<<must say i don't feel very inspired for this!! i'm hoping this feeling will pass>>

inspire us

then maybe the feeling will pass

Date: February 28, 2007 11:55AM

Captain Johnsie reporting - our radio operator turned out to be a stinky abominable diabolic eater and cut off our Greenpeach intercom service before commiting suicide by jumping overboard with Carrie's cake. Whew!

Let's see - first things first. Purser - it's already afternoon there but you know what? I think you're going to do this! Because you want clarity of mind and to uncover your poor hiding cowering realms of astonishing creativity, and you're NOT going to do that (let alone get rid of that BLOAT) without gjf. So give it a try - turn out, tune in, and expand your oceanly horizons. You're our French connection, so you have to be ready for brilliant sounds, sights, and smells and share your soul essence with them. I bet you've forgotten you have one!

Date: February 28, 2007 12:03PM

thanks for the inspiration!! exactly what i needed to hear!!
ok so it's 13.00 o clock, i shall try first vegetable juice of day, have already had apple and lemon. am gonna try chard beetroot and carrot....
good luck and happy sailing to you all

Date: February 28, 2007 12:19PM

Nextly, Pursy, in answer to what you said yesterday - you can continue to have your morning psyllium, but as LV says, listen to your body; as you go along with the fast, you may find that the psyllium takes me too far from your center and gugs up the works - and then you might decide to be free-floating without it because you can trust the emerald ocean - I just woke up with a whopper @#$%&, so green moves along...remember apple/spinach...

Yes, it's sad but true - we THINK that it'll be easier to fast if we stuff ourselves with all sorts of heavy, illegal substances the day before - that that will set us up to REALLY FEEL like fasting, but it works the other way around, usually - it makes the first day more difficult because we probably ate stuff to which we're allergic/addicted and the Last Supper (or those, er, mid-Suppers we sometimes take) actually can set up a chain of destructo days it's difficult to break. That's why once you are on board, try to stay onboard, because climbing up one of these giant oceanliner peaches and climbing back in is more difficult than your brain will tell you before you jump to the sharks. Just let us know where you are so Helmster Carrie can set us on course to pick you up.

I thought you might be familiar with _Green for Life_ when you were talking about smoothies - it's a V. Boutenko book rather than a site, but if you do a goodsearch for "Boutenko 'Green for Life' " or something, you ought to be able to get a good sense of what it is - also you can ask the people on this forum or the Blending one, since a lot of people here have the book. If you have questions, I can try to answer them - I read it last summer. The basic idea of it is that if we're not thriving (with whatever dietary - it's not even a vegan book, let alone raw vegan), we've got to up the fibrous fresh greens, and the way they recommend doing so is by smoothies - 32 oz or more a day of green smoothie. It suggests using a lot of fruit to make your smoothie sweet; or you can use fat and seasonings to make it savoury. If you find that you don't want to join Greenpeach, you could try that protocol (I'd recommend for you the low-fruit version because of candida/acidity issues, but it's up to you) - the idea is that massive greens (with fiber) added to any diet at all will have thrilling results in terms of cravings, energy, sleep, weight. But if you do that, 10 days of it won't be long enough - it recommends trying it for 1-3 months, and making a commitment to green for life.

We on Greenpeach also say you could have that amount of primarily green juice a day.

I think you'll have fun if you try gjf-ing with us - it's an opportunity to have 2 swinging mateys and a contraband captain and it's invaluable to sail with someone.

The first three days, your GI tract is still breaking down what you ate yesterday - it's still eating, even if you aren't.

Cap'n Jazz Johnsy

Current Page: 4 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables