Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: 30 day green juice fast
Posted by: greenpeach ()
Date: February 28, 2007 12:43PM

Okay, Pursy, that is awesome. We are here. No land in sight can be pretty scary, but the Peach has saltwater swimming pools and hot-tubs and stuff and stuffy armchairs you can sit sideways and read in and greenhouses, of course - it's a luxury de luxe place to be, and you've got THIS TIME when no-one else is around, which Carrie doesn't have and you see how DIFFICULT that is when they are there.

Thank you, LV and PurrC, for the great and kind and encouraging words yesterday. I only discovered I'd been banned when I finally got tired of trying to post and I tried to send you PMs and that's when the system told me I'd been blocked. So I couldn't send you PMs either and, LV, I got three times a notification that you had sent a PM (not sure if that was 3 different PMs), but it wouldn't let me read them! So I don't know what you said, but our radio's back on here so you can say here or PM me at torchered@yahoo.com and it's Day 3! I have not had solids since Thursday, though I have made mistakes like oil in my juice and root vegetables like carrot and nightshades like...But I'm sailing witchoo, so whatever day it is, it is the day it is.

I knew you'd get the number 9 thing without my pointing it out yesterday, so I decided not to point it out, and I was right, of course. They don't call you Kabbala Ronnie for nothing - well, as far as I know they don't call you Kabbala Ronnie at all, BUT - 2/27th is official eternal Greenpeach Day to be commemorated clinking tall green glasses.

We are amazed at your shark-tsunami surfing yesterday and now you are in safe limpid lagoony waters and can have JUICE in your tank top - IV chloro-transfusion straight into your brain to replenish your greeny reserves you exhausted meeting deadline and catching waves all that stressful time.

Full speed (or warped speed) ahead. I frankly am going to go take a dip in Greenpeach's salt-water swimming pool and get some Day 3 serious moon-green breakfast.

I am switching gears and today I am not going to pour down quarts of gj at a time. I am going to make a pint of deep greenage and pore over it.

There's a book called _Deep Veganism_ - I like this. Deep green juiceism is - deep. It's like love. It's a deep, deep commitment thing - dark waters but the beings down here are translucent and glow in the dark and science hasn't been able to scientify it yet. Remember - they know more about the moon than they do about the watery depths of this blue-greeny planet. We are our own bathospheres. The coral reefs here are beautiful.

Like love, it's not for sissies, and is surprising, and you only know what's called for from you as it's called and when it's there - weird maturity stuff.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 28, 2007 01:05PM

Purser, for your first long fast, do what you are doing - a juice fast with as much green IN it as you can. This will be experience enough, but the drawback is that its "easierness" will require more diligence about the candida-critter issue than a more exclusively green fast, the kind we are sort of doing. We like to be worry-free! Your challenge will be to ask your body, "Was that carrot-apple-lemon-chard concoction okay, or do you feel spacey and fatigued now?" If it says, "the latter, whatever you said, yeah, that", then you have to keep calm, not freak out, and just change your proportions to MORE green, less of the carrot-apple-kiwi.

La Kabbalique - actually when I wrote that about there being someone "you want to be like who you know is doing the thing you want to be doing", I thought of you, but then I figured you are probably naturally in your alkalizy bones more green-spirited than I and I couldn't be like you because I am doomed. Which just shows - we say things to ourselves we'd never say to someone else, ever - I'd never make someone else think he or she couldn't be (like) anything at all, with enough oxy-chloro-saturation; but we think nothing of saying rotten stuff like, "you are doomed to be a chocolate cake in the emerald ocean of life", to ourselves - I mean I don't - counter to Greenpeach mission-soulessential-message spirit!

Off to choose what produce puppy to let loose in my cells for breakfast.

Posted by: debbie ()
Date: February 28, 2007 01:49PM

wonderful words of wisdom captain! you are defintily the right person for the job!!
yes i do feel particularly sluggish today so i think i'm just going to slouch around today (no pressing engagemnts luckily).
i'm going to do my maximum to stick with the juice today, i bought fresh chard spinach rocket most of which are organic, although it is very rough going right now!! headaches starting to emerge no doubt from black/green tea i usaully drink few cups of every day (not today tho!)
have you all done lots of fasts? what are the longest ones you've done? what have been the benefits? has your eating habits improved afterwards?

Date: February 28, 2007 02:29PM

Here we are Day 3 and Page, er, 5 - I did what I set out to do and had a delicious, very nice breakfast of just green juice, only a pint. Celery, green cabbage, lots of parsley, kale, green pepper (nightshade), lots of endive, and, oh, a lemon - it was sort of green fron unripeness at the tip. It was good! Note for explorers: I don't feel wacked-out as I have with the other juice meals I have been having - is this because I eschewed all sugary fruits and vegetables? Is it because I had half as much juice - had what my body can maybe handle better than a quart at a time?

I definitely have a cough! Very rare - only once or twice in my adolescent/adult life - but I am afraid I still don't know if it's lovely nutrient-saturation detox or less cool stress-reaction to my trip 6 days ago. I am scheming to make another such trip on Sunday (it's Wednesday). Sort of enjoying it, or would be if I could feel it was detox. I figure there is a 50-per cent. chance either way, and that I _could_ look at it on the bright side (like, your glass of green juice is half-full not half-empty).

How are you doing, Purser? Do you have difficult times of day? I find that I often stop a fast around late-afternoon, around 6 - it's good to know what times you are vulnerable, if you can discern a pattern.

Ship to Carrie.

Date: February 28, 2007 02:38PM

Got your post - yes, absolutely, be as slug as possible. It is good you can be more sluggy than usual - allow it. Indulge it. I realize I have not consulted our map in a while and we've gone into unchartered waters, but soon I will give you quotes from _The Fasting Path_ map. In essence (ha), it says pamper yourself as much as possible. Love those bits of yourself that are tired, put-upon, perhaps a little anxious or irritable, and that don't feel like doing anything, even juice fasting!

Also, yes, absolutely you are going through caffeine withdrawal. It may help you to surf the web about this - there might be people on curezone.com who go through the same thing - there are a lot of first-time fasters there and many of them go into fasting from a tea "habit".

Date: February 28, 2007 02:52PM

Purser, you are doing totally splendidly. You may be able to get better advice about caffeine withdrawal either on other sites or in other threads on this site, but some juices might help with headache - that would be emphasizing greens in a juice, and I think celery is good for headaches, if it's available to you. You can do a goodsearch for "juicing headache" or something and some sites will give juice suggestions specifically for headache. I think you can try to flush/dilute a withdrawal headache with water, or sweat it out with a hot bath, or if you can take an enema, that usually relieves it. A psyllium shake might, if you can't take an enema, but of that I am not sure. It might bind nicely to the tea toxins. And lying down, if you can, with something cold or hot on your forehead.

Give it your maximum effort to stay with the juice, but if you really don't think you are going to keep at it and feel as if you are about to eat everything unmentionable in sight and even not in sight but 5 miles' trek away, by all means grab a smoothie - you'll be really proud of yourself if you get through the 10 days on juices and smoothies - that'll seem really great and even incredible. You'll have gotten lots of green into your system (thereby alkalizing and helping with candida), you'll have given your digestive system a huge rest, and of course you'll have paved the way for doing fasts later. You'll have started greenifying, too, and will have set it up as a part of your life - daily chlorofilling, even when you are not fasting or even not being raw. That'll give you a much better chance of keeping alcohol and drug sober and binge/overeating sober.

Better to combine a juice fast with a smoothie rest/cleanse than throw your whole precious 10 days overboard.

Date: February 28, 2007 03:07PM

By the way, as Carrie said earlier, it may help you to just think of doing only juice today, not "10 days" - then every day you give it a shot but know that you can have a smoothie if you really have to.

I don't know about Dynamite Carrie, but I have done lots of lots of fasts of various kinds, and LV has done lots and lots of fasts - I think she sticks to green juice ones with some apple juice sometimes. I'd think her longest is usually about 30 or perhaps 40, but she will know, as ship numerologist, the precise cabbala of it.
I don't think I have ever gone in a row more than 20 or 21. I do some length of fast every week - invariably because I am constantly trying to do longer ones! (I don't set out to do 3- or 5- day fasts, but that's what happens!)

In my experience, most kinds of fasts not only don't improve eating habits, but exacerbate the ones you have (that you had before the fast). I really didn't think the MC would get you to a place at the end of it where enough had changed so that your eating habits would then be different. You just would have been making your candidiasis stronger and stronger, and in a very real way candidiasis controls your eating behavior. So the best fast for lasting change in that area is one that does not make candida stronger, and that shifts the inner ecological terrain to alkaline/green. One that mineralizes. Many people experience a lessening of cravings when their bodies become more mineralized, as if bingeing behavior is a lot about frantic looking (in the wrong places) for lost minerals. Mineralization equals alkalization equals chlorophyllization-hydration!

Date: February 28, 2007 03:25PM

I admit I am a sucker for reading about what benefits I can expect from fasting, especially when I am in the middle of one and wondering whether I _really_ should continue or if eating is more important! But I have been ouched so many times by that sort of thing, because it always turns out that what other people "get" is never what I get. With your fast, my concern is that you don't fall into weeks of ravenous not-raw eating - then you will be SORRY you fasted. So that's why we encourage a high-greens fast; and I also say that if you think there's danger of that, there's totally no shame in saying so and we can just help you find a raw-eatie dietary that uncovers plenty of yourself for now.

Just remember that fasting is supposed to be an all-out emotional experience - if you have heavy, intense emotions in it, you are doing it incredibly right! Everything bad that happens to you this 10 days, like headaches, lethargy, anger, anxiety, depression, is a sign you are doing it right! For some people, the detox is primarily emotional. If you are prepared for this, and prepared for brain fog and not knowing where you are because you are mapless without sight of land in the middle of this fasting ocean, and you don't have expectations or demands but just know that whatever it is like, you are doing it right - then you might even be able to enjoy the weird segments. If it's uncomfortable, what you will get from it will be all that much more worth it. Wolfe says somewhere that anyone who's ever achieved something great has done so because he/she has learned how to go beyond his/her comfort zone, how to be uncomfortable.

But if you need inspiration about creativity and clarity, just look at LV and see how gjf really frees her up to soar when all that energy is not going towards digestion.

I know it's tepid, but your fasting benefits might include more glowing skin, clearer eyes, greater sense of peace, sharper thinking and senses, more interesting dreams, greater self-esteem, weight loss, etc.

Date: February 28, 2007 03:35PM

yes cheers, i'll bear that in mind about the smoothies and the 'one day at a time', funny because i was just thinking 'there's no way i'm gonna get thru 10 days like this!!' and for sure i don't think i'd have got very far with the master cleanse!
@#$%& that sounds a bit worrying about not improving eating habits!
so for the candida thing what are the fruits to avoid? are apples ok if not used too much? and if i do resort to the odd smoothie here and there what would be relatively low in candida provoking stuff?
one more thing, could you all please tell me a few benefits that you have got from fasting?
ps what is wrong with root vegetables for you?

Date: February 28, 2007 03:58PM

Most people say that carrot juice is worse sugar than apple juice. Fruit juices that might not aggravate your candida are lemon, grapefruit, apple, pear, kiwi, and the vegetable fruits. With smoothies, you may not have to be as careful of sugar-overload because you have the fiber to slow it down as it enters your system. The green smoothie idea is that you can mix any kind of fruit in with the greens - I personally think you would have combining problems with that and that it might exacerbate bloating. You might want to try greens, avocado and seasoning (like lemon bits) smoothie. Or just apples and greens.

As I say, you can use apples in your green drink but you will have to do what Veronique does and monitor your level of feeling sugared-out. Apples are less intense sugar as juice than root vegetables like carrots and beets, but that doesn't mean you can't try carrot juice as a base - just monitor your feelings and try to get as much green in as possible, in a juice or smoothie. Meanwhile, when you feel energized enough, use the time to educate yourself about candida and acid-alkaline imbalance, and make a commitment to getting green in every day that you eat. Use this time to figure out how you are going to do that when you do go back to eating. If you have days when you eat not raw, figure out how you are going to trick your body to not need/eat as much by starting the day with a quart of green juice or green smoothie, and having another one in the course of the day. You have to make it so that your physiology, rather than your mind, changes your eating habits.

Date: February 28, 2007 04:11PM

By the way, I don't know how experienced you are with making smoothies, but generally you need a very expensive blender to make them smooth enough - otherwise you will be left with bits of cellulose and bits of apple floating in water - ugh.

Remember that when one speaks of getting massive green-alkalizing-mineralization in the diet, one is not speaking of salads. Eating salads, whilst fun, will not get saturation of greens because one assimilates so little of it in that form.

I generally lose about a half-pound a day on a fast and end up with healthier-looking skin. It is good for my kidneys and I sleep better. I feel more authentic and optimistic during a fast, and have more interetsing thoughts and fascinating dreams. I am much abler to discern what things are worth my time and energy and what things are drains on me and don't really match or represent "real me". I tend to become more sensitive in a fast to "junk" - junk thoughts, junk films, junk people - and it can be effortless to reject these things then.

What Carrie and LV experience as benefits I think can be inferred between the lines of their posts.

Posted by: dynamiteroyalty ()
Date: February 28, 2007 04:43PM

How life interferes with the plans we make for ourselves. I'm here don't forget about me.

Date: February 28, 2007 05:16PM

Forget about you? I should say not. Has life interfered with your plans to stay aboard Greenpeach? It can be really difficult to fast again if you fall off on Day 6 - you're our poster child. I am far from certain that the wind isn't going out of our sails entirely! Perhaps life has interfered with the admiral's plans, too. Anyway, the captain goes down with the ship, I guess.
Did you feel you were finished fasting? Did you feel you got out of the 5 days something of what you went in for?

I am getting increasingly frantically nervous about Sunday again. Difficult to see how I could fast through heartbreak, but if this thread is still here, it remains to be seen.

Note for Purser: just had lunch - once again, no root veg. or sweet fruit and a more modest amount than a quart (it was about 24 oz). It was a BASE of lots of kale, lots of broccoli, and lots of parsley, and it was VERY green and the air around the juicer tasted like wheatgrass, so I added a little lemon, tomato, and a red pepper. It was still very green. And once again (whether because of the more modest serving all at once or the anti-candida sugar-free nature) I felt much healthier afterwards - as LV says, it just wasn't the same kind of trip to the system. If you feel strange after your juice, try next time just a greens-lemon and see if you don't feel less strange after that - that would probably indicate that sugar-juices are getting reactions from your candida. Then it's up to you to decide if there is a conflict between keeping juice-fasting and keeping low-candida-feeding, and what your priorities are right now.

Date: February 28, 2007 05:16PM

god i've just been reading general posts about people's caffeine withdrawals!! sounds horrendous! i knew it was a bad substance but i didnt realise it was that bad!!! whatever happens i'm defintly gonna ùmake a commitment to cut out caffeine!

what has happened to your plans dynamiteroyalty??

Date: February 28, 2007 05:29PM

Oh, good, I am glad you've been reading posts. Caffeine, salt, grains, sugar, and of course animal stuff are real addictions, killer ones, so if you have any of these, worst comes to worst, you can just use this time to kick. It is just as challenging to do permanently as a temporary fast is, and the first ten days of withdrawal are the most difficult and have a predictable trajectory - that is, it can be worst days 3-7! Caffeine takes about 10 days to get out of the system. If you were having several cups a day, it's important to not minimize how exhausting and difficult withdrawal will be, or how important it is to do! Some people find that fasting helps give up addictions like cigarettes, etc., but some people think it's helpful to allow yourself free use of non-addictive substances like allowed foods, as long as you don't, don't, don't use what you are trying to go cold tofurky from.

I had an aisthesis moment - I was alone without my cat but lying in a patch of sun strewn across the futon and I felt I wasn't alone and that the sun was with me. It was just a flash, didn't last long, but that's aisthesis - feeling the sun is alive and keeping you company and another being, and that's green juice fasting for you.

Date: February 28, 2007 05:43PM

wow that sounds great!
i just want to say how grateful i am for all the information, i've been meandering around raw foods for about 12 years but on average about 75% with periods of longer and less. based most of my knowledge on what i'd read in 'raw energy' and 'rainbow green cuisine' and since aobut 4 years hadn't really updated my knowledge. so i feel like i'm really learning a lot now and it will (hopfully!) give me more motivation to be more committed in the future.
it's 18.40 and i still havent eaten anything! will make some more juice in a bit.
cruise on!

Date: February 28, 2007 05:45PM

I don't feel finished I feel interrupted is all. The longest fast I've finished was eight days. I'm not an advanced faster. This go round I felt the rewards immediately (My skin was softer, I wasn't itching or sneezing, or overeating). Lots of big life changing things are going on around/for me recently and I don't really have a place to feel all of the things I was starting to feel in addition to ending a four year relationship (But remain best friends?! I'm still figuring that one out). The ravenous desire for food that comes with a girls monthly hormone mixup wasn't helping my will to abstain. But by no means am I ready to jump ship. I just need to look at things another way as James would say. I'm going to add green smoothies to my fast. I'm okay with a slower pace.
Even if I end up the last one here I'll just move this to Success Stories!

What happens when frogs park illegally?

They get toad.

Carrie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2007 05:46PM by dynamiteroyalty.

Date: February 28, 2007 06:48PM

Purser, you may want to check out "Casablanca" 's thread about a just-completed 30-day juice-fast - the report at the end is that he/she felt great clarity, felt very much in touch with himself (or herself), and often felt as if she (or he) were levitating - sounds enticing enough. Congratulations on making it through the day!!

Carrie, you're welcome aboard whatever you're going through and whatever you decide to do. I waver a lot throughout the day, but I want to go at least 30, and possibly 110, just because I have to know what it's like. Can I stand not knowing? I don't think I can bear the mystery of not knowing what it's like and what could have been...had I done it..

Don't know.

I think I just have to give it time and a fair ear to its voice.

Remember it takes a while for junk to get out of your system, so what you're feeling may not be the juice-fast per se, so try to judge it fairly, by what it is on its own self.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 28, 2007 06:50PM

Day 3

Reporting to GREENPEACH
Yaaaaay Captan J is BACK!
the sharks were eating at the peach
and Sparkey kept barking non STOPPPPP!!
and now its finally quiet here
and mission can RESUME!

gonna make some more lemon and water
before i head out the door

then when i come back home today
i will make my green juice

well, debbsyiesysies ,

u can see now, why i made J, the captain
cuz i don't do too darn good answering questions
plus , i keep forgetting how to convert Martianz to English
Martianz is the official language from where I'm from and mostly we say things like

ssssshhhheeesshhhhhhh sssssssssssss HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmMMMMMMMMM
nnnnnnNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

and its so comforting for me to hear the smooth long langurous tones of single syllables ( kinda like mono drinking --- greeenz greeenz and MORE greeenz) but alas my Z mind must always be converting martianz- english
english- martianz

seems like J has no problems converting ( or maybe he don't need to)

i do better drinking up the juices that everyone makes for me
yep! that's my PRIMARY job ( I apprenticed with Sparkey to learn this skill)
me and Sparkey sometimes hang real"low"
so that we can sop up all the spills from the green mugs that are constantly
clink clanking around ( music to my ears)

its called "economy of motion"
yep, i believe in that

i do less work
but i get the MOST benefits
ha ha

at least that is what Sparkey told me
he said " its good from where I'm at"

wooooOOOOfff wooOOOOOOFFFFF grRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

translation: GREENPEACH has been berry berry goot to me ( Sparkey's going German ... errrr. St. Germain on me)

Captain:

its cool what u said about the wisp - o sunlight on futon
that u merged with
and for a fraction of a moment
u bonded with the "truth"
the light from outside
is the same light from within
and it is warm and filled with the kernel, husk and flesh
of all that u dream of being and already are
LIGHT is a language of which gjf is navigating with the help of a dynamo royalty, a trusty purser, a Captain who leads via the longitudinal signaling of aisthesis and a gjf purloiner

thanx El Cap J and Dyanmo R
for grounding me and encouraging me while I was on cascading tsunamic wave
it actually turned out darn GREAT! working on harrowing mountainous project B
( woulda been lot less harrowing had i not procrastinated but...)
uhh... it took every thing I had to ride those waves ( truth be known)
but then again, i have a strange sense of what is "fun"
and that was a tremendous blast ( though it made me go a little ballistic...
uhh... when i procrastinate ( well... i didn't "wholly" procrastinate but i procrastinated enough so that when i had to tie all the pieces together, I felt like a person on a motorcycle , going down a 65 MPH, 2- way lane cruising at 80 mph and all of a sudden, out of NOWHERE, a BIG MACK truck comes flying down MY lane from the opposite direction and when i try to swerve into incoming traffic, there is someone on a bicycle ( who must be lance armstrong, apparently) who is going down THAT lane so I have just the smallest tiniest
itsy bitsy window of space and time to make that maneuver and have it so that me, the Mack truck driver and the Tour de Franc- er make it out ALIVE!

well, that's what i felt like
only, that little tiny window of space was about a little over one and a half days and it it weren't for the gjf slowwwwwwing everything down
and enabling me to be SUPER focused so that i could discern every detail, color, gauge the speed, direction etc. I would have had a MAJOR catastrophic
collision of ... err. yeah.. TSUNAAAMIC proportions.. ( at least that is what i felt like.. or maybe i just take life too seriously some times)

meeting a deadline is like that sometimes
that is why they call it a DEADline
cuz ... if i don't meet it.. well then...
i gotta deal with 'afterlife"

thanks mateys for supporting me
tsunami was fun
but like i said, i'd much rather be on Da Peach! lackadaisically lounging around while being fanned with shocking colored non feathery fans and being fed
emerald sea ambrosias with those little hemp umbrellas that decorate those tall chalices

Carrie

u still playing HORSE and winning?
ha ha.. i remember i played that too
i always got a kick out of it!
how u feeeeelinNNN?

well... i gotta head out the door now
but i'll still be on the great GREENPEACH!

dancin with y'all

dance with me

Le Menu from when i get back home:

more o the same

broccocelerparslcilantro

tis where the gold truly lies

later mateys smiling smiley !

Date: February 28, 2007 06:51PM

I meant the blog by Casablanca on curezone.com!

Cap'n Johnsie

Date: February 28, 2007 10:40PM

"seems like J has no problems converting ( or maybe he don't need to) " I'm bilingual.

Purser, there you have it - LV gets more focused when she is gjf - in fact, she undertook this whole Greenpeach in order to do so - I think most people would figure they should eat, eat, eat (maybe not even good things) to get through a stressful deadline thing and then fast afterwards - or they wouldn't eat anything at all, and would eat, eat, eat afterwards from strain, but as you can see, LV implemented it deliberately when she needed to do some serious thinking - sort of J-C biblical, you know, like going into the desert for 40 days to think things over - over here on this continent they call it a Vision Quest - only her desert was an oasis of green.

I had another 24 non-candida ounces at about 2 (14:00 to you) - that is, today I drank meals at about 2-hour intervals when I felt low on green-support. It's been about 4 hours since and I may have a little more juice before calling it a Day. It was a brocco-celery-cabbage-lemon and very tasty - a single clove of garlic added.

I still don't know anything. First there are mountains, then there are no mountains, then there are mountains - so they say. The idea is that they are (afterwards) completely different mountains, or rather that we see them completely differently - as they "are", perhaps. As Cezanne would, perhaps. Anyhow, not as they were. They're mountains, not mountains, get it? Some sort of neurological-linguistic-mystico-spiritual change occurs. Anyhow, it doesn't matter, because right now there are definitely no mountains.

Everything nebulous, like standing on a cloud (you can't). I have to be comfortable with not knowing, and letting Greenpeach take me wherever - Cape of Good Hope? Tahiti? With Helmster gone, it could be anywhere, because NO-ONE'S STEERING.

Date: March 01, 2007 02:37AM

I'm not gone! You keep pushing me overboard and I'm not letting go of this peach yet! I do feel really tired and headachey though.

In December I quit my job and moved out of my apartment when my sister asked if I would live with her and help care for her three children (14,7,4) after she decided that it was time to end her marriage.

Their house is a MEGA SIN DEN OF SAD FOOD. Food that until I actually lived here really knew people paid money to have in their homes. Every imaginiable junk food-product. Her (Husband (it's all still very ambiguous and theyre sort of splitting the house as she works during the weekends)) buys half of it and his Mother (who used to stay here every weekend) stops by about once a week with frozen pizzas, offbrand twinkies, cupcakes, twelve packs of orange soft drink stuff, oreos, ice cream, cheetos, "fruit" snacks to make sure they dont starve. Everything they have comes individually wrapped. For freshness...

After weeks of trying to cook dinner and make breakfast and making lunches with food I'd bought for them I was called "mean". Nobody else felt the same way about changing their eating habits so when my car broke and I ran out of money I gave up. I have never eaten so horribly.

So I'm getting back. I can't wait for things to calm down because thats a thick set of trees right now. So I'm faltering, but beyond wanting it I need the clarity and peace of mind that I'm not feeding myself in to being a sick, tired short tempered, sugar preserved old woman.

"Before the seed there comes the thought of bloom."

Date: March 01, 2007 06:01AM

Mateys!

wassup?
wrapping up day 3
today was an astonishing day only because it reflected what Cap'n J had to say about the mountains being mountains and not mountains and then afterwards the mountains looking differently

yeah, today was mountains and more mountains
and then the mountains turned their color from purple to a burnishing gold
and the sun just lit over it like the shadow of an eagle hovering and melding from one to another...

Helmsy,

i jes loouvvvVVVeed that quote that u have there on your signature thing
who wrote it?

the thing about
"before the seed, there comes the thought of bloom"

wow.. does that mean
that before one is born, there is the hope of something effulgent?

it is truly lovely and i can't remember when i've used the word "lovely"
i thought only britonians used that word but that quote really is deserving of it , whoever wrote it

though i don't know what it means

so , u say that you are surrounded by people eating ding dongs and twinkies?
and that's really challenging you?

just forget about what they are eating for a second
and.... if u are up to it

talk to them as if they had no diet whatsoever
and try and figure out what their hopes and dreams are
what their passions are

what makes them laugh and smile
( i mean, maybe u have to have the patience of mother theresa to do that... but... i mean, what are the alternatives, here?)

then... just let go
because their health is ultimately in their own hands

and when they are ready to change , they will
u are on the right track

taking care of just yourself
what else can you possibly do?

just try and see through all the veils
and focus on the beauty that is inside of them
and then, it will be a lot less stressful
and the more u take care of yourself
the more they will come around
the less disturbed u will be about their diet
and the more u will notice things that are positive about them

cap'n celery crunch

hand me that stethoscope
yep yep

just as i thought..
the sea has turned into victuals of celery liquid

all the dolphins are dreaming day into night into day
the red tide has turned to electrolytic fantasia

i'm taking a swim
watch sparkey for me

Date: March 01, 2007 09:06AM

it disappeared
just as quickly as it came
how strange is that?
how predictable is that?

i just want everyone to be alive
that's enough for me
it makes me happy
when i wake up

and the people that i know
and even the ones that i don't know
if
they are still alive
it is a gift

but then again
if no one ever dies
maybe my wish
it will always come true
and be renewed
now
and a thousand years from now

a thousand years ago
i had this exact same very wish
then i fell asleep

and an entire millenium went by
and my force kept shuttering through
sifting through
in deep repose
then i finally
woke up
took another form
and said the same thing
and dreamt the same thing

" i just want everyone to be alive
that would make me very happy"

and it was true and it is true now

and in a thousand years
i will have the same wish again
and i will be shape shifting
because that is what happens
in the course of a millenium

it is inevitable

and then
i will wake up
look around me

and people will be alive
and that will make me happy still

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2007 09:17AM by la_veronique.

Date: March 01, 2007 10:52AM

fairplay carrie for fasting amongst such a complex situation!
so it is now day 2, morning of, i feel a bit more optimistic, defintly better than yesterday. although still got faint hint of caffeine headache
please tell me, why is carrot worse than apples? i thought it would be the other way around
speak to you all later

Date: March 01, 2007 02:02PM

Oh, wow, congratulations, Purser! You are surprising yourself, what you can do! It's really great when your body-mind gives you feedback like "I like this, let's keep doing it; it's interesting and boy I need a rest - aaah!" - then you can go on for one more day.

I could give you the official reason, that there is just more sugar in carrot juice than in apple juice (particularly a green apple!), but in the end, it is your body who could decide - give it some carrot-lemon-lettuce juice and then later give it some apple-chard juice and see what works better for you. Some people put both carrot and apple in a juice with lots of greeny. You will KNOW when you are giving your cells something the candida grow fat and take over on - it's a pretty unmistakeable feeling and it happens right away so you don't think, "hmm, could be detox".

Are you feeling less bloated? Bowels better? I keep having the cleanest @#$%& in the morning even on no solids - clean green, no trace haha. I also feel my torso slimming entirely naturally: one just becomes leaner without effort (besides all the effort one is expending keeping gjf!).

It's easy to feel optimistic when you are on Greenpeach because green juice and your mateys are protecting you and you know that even if you have an avocado or a smoothie or too much candida juice, the ship is still here and still sailing and nothing is lost under the crashing waves - as Helmster Carrie has found.

I can't remember if you asked for advice, Helmster - you, uh, didn't, did you? but my advice is so the opposite of LV's and it's

GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!:

This is YOUR life and every second counts and believe me I know a lot about loyalty and commitment to toxic loved ones, but it's really true - you can't help those you love until you help yourself first - it's dippy and cliched, but true - have you ever seen those safety cards on airplanes showing that before you put on an oxygen mask to help someone else ( a baby, say), you've actually got to put on your own?

Carrie, without raw vegan, you have no oxygen mask, and not only will your life be ruined, but you won't have saved/helped anyone else - it won't have been worth it.

I say, everyone get on her/his raw vegan oxygen mask. Do WHATEVER you have to do to be allowed and able to do this. See what is standing in your way, and get away from it.

This is all we've got. It's not that "no-one's worth dying for", it's that it's not going to be a sacrifice that's efficacious and worthwhile, because anything you do off-raw is an inauthenticity and an insanity - it's true!

That's so awful, Carrie - what do you think you owe to YOURSELF? Sounds as if plenty of people are around to help your sister (includng your sister) - who's helping you have your wonderful life? Who's keeping you from having it? It just doesn't sound FAIR - what have you done to deserve this torment and blockage of being and getting the best - everything starts with health and compassion for all beings, including whoever's in a chocolate cake and including the being that is you and your trillions of cells beings - they need you more. You are ALL they have.

I have absolutely no sympathy for your family - if they want you, if they want you that much, and need you, then make 'em go raw for you, or at least vegan. If they won't do that for you, then they can't need you all that much. When we really need something/someone, we'll do ANYTHING for her - certainly not grump around spoiled and call her "mean" for honoring herself.

Date: March 01, 2007 02:11PM

Oh, and, by the way, if they can afford all that junk, they can take some of the oceans of money they spend on that @#$%& and use it for "hired help", babysitter, whatever it is YOU are supposed to be doing. In essence, since they are saving that money and spending the savings on that crap, YOU are paying for THAT SIN with YOUR LIFE!

Think of it that way!

Date: March 01, 2007 02:29PM

A bit about me: I have sadly decided that my incredibly rare cough-sore throat thing is NOT detox from hypernutritiony greensy; but that I just got too sick in that car with smokers for 5 hours a week ago and that my "immunity was down" - I doubt that a "detox flu" would last so long, and besides it started the morning after I got back from the trip. I look terrible. However, I am still planning to go on a similar trip Sunday, which is stupid. I hope I will keep on Greenpeach all these days up until and after that.

I had the last juice yesterday at 4 in the afternoon and now it is after 9 in the morning and definitely time to juice again. I had about a half-gallon of liquid yesterday, all of it sugar-free juice. I guess I will do the same today.

I slept about 10 and a half hours! Buhner quotes someone saying (of a water fast): there's nothing to eat, so you look at the view and you eat the view. I like this concept, and it really works. When you're fasting, you still have hungers and you're still searching for fullness and to be filled, you still send edacious energy out there, it's difficult to help. But you can eat with your eyes and ears and sense of touch - you can eat significance and beauty and meaning. It just requires a shift of thinking - you just need to think that you can get fuel and energy from non-food sources - sun, air, love, nice things, things nicer than food's ever been to you.

I should note that this fast I just haven't been feeling _hungry_; I wouldn't call it _hungry_. I do know this happens on a urine fast for me, but I am usually hungry on a juice fast. They say that if you don't strain your juice, you kick in your appestat so that you are hungrier than you'd be if you strained it, but I have for once not worried about straining, and I haven't been hungry. They also say we think we are hungry when in fact we are thirsty.

However, once again, the lack of hunger may have nothing in itself to do with the gjf and have to do with this cough thing - most of us don't feel hungry with a sore throat and a stomach full of phlegm - which means that I might be absolutely ravenous when the cough has gone. Still, I hope it goes soon - it's befogging my readings and I can't record our coordinates in the Captain's Log.

Cap'n Celery Crunch

Date: March 01, 2007 03:13PM

well actually i don't feel that good at all! headache is back, lethargic, no motivation to do anything!! i really don't know how much longer i last but like you say it's good to know there is no pressure and that even if ido jump overboard i can always climb back in or at least learn from the experience
anyway i'm still juicing so we'll see...
i must say i'm including an apple or pear in most juices, to provide the liquid and the taste. how would i know if it's feeding the candida?
definetly less bloated, slightly less abdominal pain, bowel movements average.
so captain if you had your last juice at 4 yesterday afternoon, were you drinking water after that? or herb teas?

Date: March 01, 2007 03:20PM

also you said you had about half a gallon of juice yesterday which i think is about 2 litres, well there's no way i've been drinking that much juice! especially if i juice spinach chard etc i'd need a tonful to get that much juice! i guess that's why i've been mixing in appel and carrot.
i reckon i had a bout 4 or 5 juices yesterday, which i work out to be about a litre and a half maximum.

Current Page: 5 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables