Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 6 of 21
Re: needing a fresh start
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: August 15, 2007 02:48PM

I juice my leftover watermelon and had a lot of watermelon juice..goes great with my parasite cleanse! I've been like the Enerzizer bunny..I just keep on going, and going, and going! I've been spending a lot of time in the bathroom.

Oh and I've added some pumpkins seeds to my diet too..supposed to be a good food for getting rid of parasites. They leave an aftertaste I don't like much. I am going to put some into a fruit smoothie today and see if I like them any better. I like the little green pepitas better, I add them in trailmix.

Keep going Pam!

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pampam ()
Date: August 16, 2007 05:10AM

Prisim, I juiced a watermellon today and had to run to the bathroom several times. Watermellon sure pulls the water out of our bodeys does'nt it?

Todays food intake

Started the day with ground flax and some water

I bought a coconut bar I am not sure it is raw but it was a treat
I craved almonds and munched a couple of handfulls of almonds
I ate a lara bar
some of my very spicy raw salsa.
a necterine
watermellon rind juice
I ended the day with some watermellon

I did not feel real hungry today I had some upsets so I felt it was best not to eat while being upset.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 16, 2007 05:21AM

hey thats very cool Pampam smiling smiley eating when upset causes digestive issues anyways ...besides emotional eating is a slippery slope lol smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: August 16, 2007 06:19AM

Thanks jodi, I have been raw for eight weeks today. I hope to continue this way of being.
Is it possible to have emotional ups and downs due to a detox? I sure feel like a train wreck today. I don't know just what my problem is but I cant tolerate myself. I usually am a pretty tolerant and easy going person yet lately I have been frusterated with some things.
I started rereading one of ann wigmores books. I was dissapointed with matt monarks book because it seemed to be a advertisement for some products he was selling and He had so little to offer in his book but an interview with Dr Bisi. I appreciate ann. She was such a giveing person and did'nt seem to be so concerned with making money off people so much. It sure is a market, this raw food thing. Selling fancy food dehydrators and other must need items. Most of my stuff I found at yard sales My champion juicer cost 50 dollers and my wheat grass juicer cost 3 dollers. I guess a person needs to make a doller here and there I don't blame them for that but sometimes there is more to life than making a buck off someone else.

Date: August 16, 2007 06:43AM

our whole world is a big marketing scheme smiling smiley maybe as you become more intuitive and aware of it .. you are becoming more sensitive to it

doesnt mean ya gotta buy into it right? smiling smiley

yep emotional ups and downs in detox smiling smiley yep possible

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: August 16, 2007 03:33PM

Congrats on your eight weeks raw! Whoo-hoo!

Yes, we definitely can go through emotional detox along with the physical detox. Hang in there.

I love Ann Wigmore's book "Why Suffer?" and I need to get it out and reread it. I liked Matt's book, but you would definitely need more than just his book to eat 100% raw food. But I felt it was one more piece to the puzzle that I needed. I didn't remember him pushing products that he sold on his website, I must have missed that. I guess I am used to tuning that stuff out. ;-) I know when I went to his talk all he had available to sell were a few books and CDs and at pretty good prices. Do you remember what stuff he was pushing?

As Kevin Trudeau loves to say in his books - "It's all about the money" - that's what it boils down to usually, unfortunately.

Date: August 17, 2007 12:18AM

Wow..8 weeks! That's terrific! I would love to get a book by Ann Wigmore..or wait..I have one..it's about wheatgrass!

I'd like to get the other book..A Cure For All Diseases I think.

Love,
Prism

Date: August 17, 2007 03:23AM

Prisim, I have several ann books and this huge manual my dad picked up at her boston house. I constantly read that manual because it covers so much. I love here approach and just how she thinks. She is my inspiration.

well today I ate so much

I had a lara bar and munched almonds in the morning
found some grapes that tasted so good I ate a vry large boul of them
munched some cashews
Ate another lara bar because it is so good
munched some almonds
juiced some carrots and the rest of my arugula and kale.
munched some more nuts
I know its bad but I just have the muncheys
made a salad with the last of my very hot salsa and one cucumber I found an avacado and tossed it in and I wanted to try some tahini in it mixed it together and ate the whole bowl full
Then I munched some more nuts.

Yesterday I made the family chili and I really love chili. I resisted but today there is the chili again but I resisted. The chili smells so good and looks so good the family says it tasts better than any chili I have ever made. I like chili. But I like being raw more than eating that
When I make things now I have one of the kids taste it for me so I dont have to taste it. It seems so odd to cook without tasting but I have cooked somany years that I guess I just can do it with my eyes closed.
Another thing is I have been regular today. That is the best thing because Things down there just havent been working like they should. I wonder if it is the juice or the flax.

Date: August 17, 2007 02:54PM

What is the name of Ann's manual? Is it avail. to buy from someplace?

Oh my..you sure did have the munchies yesterday! It kept the chili at bay though! Gosh..when you think of what could be eaten instead of healthy nuts..then you just can't feel guilty!

Your tooth pain must be a lot better for you to eat nuts like that. I'm relieved for you if the pain is gone! It gives you time to find a way to get the bad ones taken care of.

Love,
Prism

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2007 02:57PM by Prism.

Date: August 17, 2007 03:47PM

Good for you, on resisting that chili! I know what you mean, sometimes I really want to take a bite of what I am cooking up for the kiddos. But I like being raw better too.

Yes, how is your tooth? Must be pretty good, since you haven't mentioned it in awhile (I hope).

Date: August 17, 2007 04:29PM

I think I must have had a seed or something stuck inside one of the tooth holes. I think the oil pull really helped alot. The water pic helps also. I think allyour prayers helped too. That tooth is not sensative to hot or cold and I can bite down on it also. Thanks for your concern.....

The ann wigmore book I have been reading lately is called the alcomey of change. It a manual and it covers many other thoughts about liveing foods and religion. It also covers a bit of everything. It has many typo's in it but it is packed with loads of information.

Hey its friday and the sun is shineing today. It might be a hot one today.

Has anyone read victoria boutenko's books? I really like her web site and can identify with her a lot. I think I would like to get her book.

Date: August 17, 2007 04:43PM

Yes, I love all of victoria's books. I haven't finished her latest one - her new edition of 12 Steps to Raw Foods - but it includes her research and the logic that led her to believe that green smoothies are the missing piece to the raw food diet for many people. They helped her to get over her cravings. Her first book about her family's journey to becoming raw is very fun to read!

Date: August 19, 2007 04:36PM

For some reason I've not been interested in reading her books..I don't know why and I've loved the green/fruit smoothies she advocates! I don't care for raw food recipe books much, but I do like books that have new info or new slant on raw, and I especially like the ones that add lots of testimonials and transformations. There needs to be a raw food book with pictures of those transformations..not just text.

My fav book was actually my first raw food book, Perfect Body by Roe Gallo. I leant it out and never got it back..so I need another one.

I might try the 12 Steps to Raw Foods though..espeically with the new info on green smoothies.

Love,
Prism

Date: August 20, 2007 04:48PM

Prism, I think you would enjoy Victoria's first book "The Raw Family: A True Story of Awakening" - just a great, inspiring story and includes their hike up the west coast to Oregon, where they settled.

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 20, 2007 07:32PM

Yeah Prism, you could go foraging in Oregon.How cool would that be...eating off the land.

Date: August 21, 2007 03:13PM

I kind of remember that they lived in Oregon or Washington. I think they have raw pot-lucks at their house. That would be cool to go to one of those.

Love,
Prism

Date: August 21, 2007 04:29PM

It would be. I would also love to go on one of Sergei's raw foraging hikes. But, unfortunately, I live across the continent from them. :-)

Date: August 24, 2007 01:31AM

I have not been on here in a while. I am still eating raw foods. I have been raw for 9 weeks now. I have decided to go on a juice fast. I have been haveing some real emotional ups and downs lately and don't know just how to get this under control. I also started eating nuts like craze. I call it binging on nuts. So I started a juice fast last sunday and am hopeing to get something straightened out. I have been fighting depression and some real bitter angry feelings. I just have to work this out of my system, it will take a while I guess but since eating raw I have more intense emotions. I am just not sure how to deal with this.
On a different noat I have two daughters that are wanting to stop eating meat. I am pleased with this and will begin creating vegitarian meals for them. Its funney though, I don't know how to cook vegitarian meals.
Whatever the case I am happier eating raw foods and don't want to change that. If I ever do eat cooked foods I will stay away from meat and sugar.
Thanks for the noats, karen, prisim and Island girl. You three are so encourageing.

Date: August 24, 2007 03:14PM

Congrats on 9 weeks raw! I am right behind you, I will be 8 weeks raw next Monday.

I have heard that feelings come up as part of the healing and I have experienced that on prior raw food attempts. I bet the juice fast will help. Let us know how it goes. Of course, I recommend an enema or colonic also. That seems to be helping me to avoid experiencing real extremes on the emotional front this time.

Date: August 24, 2007 03:54PM

karen, I can't stand myself........ The bad feelings were totally out of control. This seems to be a rollar coaster ride. I am still fasting and I don't know for how long. Nothing spectacular happening but I do feel a bit better. The colonic is a great idea. I don't have access to a professional place to have it done so I will have to do it myself. I think with my seperation with my youngest childrens fater isnt helping that much either....... It is so hard to re think my life at this age. I do feel so much better by eating raw though and am secure at that but everything else is way up in the air for me. I don't seem to have tolerance for things as I use to. I am seaking a balance in the emotional place right now. I feel like a basket case. Fasting is helping me heal. Yesterday I was just drinking water and started to get a headache on my right side of my head. I made some vegetable juice and later grapefruit juice eventually I felt better. I am starting to walk also in hopes to firm up my loose skin and muscles. I am surprised at the amount of energy I have since I have been raw. I also hope the exersize will help with my mood issues.

Date: August 24, 2007 04:05PM

*hugs pampam* i know it shard to rethink things as we get older i got divorced after near 14 years of marriage

exercise will help

and be kind to yourself smiling smiley i posted this in the ED thread but it applies to all sorts

LONELINESS

Loneliness is being alone and not liking it. Loneliness
is being alone and not knowing who you really are.
Loneliness can often be felt, experienced and "suffered"
from, while in the company of many people. Loneliness is
not accurately measured by how many people you do know
or don't know, are with or are without. NO...Loneliness
is the measure of how much you are not at peace with
yourself and the potential company that you can offer to
yourself. It is also the measure of the value that you place
upon your just being here, and upon you just being you.
There is such worth in who you are, you yourself, alone.

Loneliness is a reflection in the vulnerable aspects of your
self-care neglected.

You are the one who decides how lonely you are. You are the
only one with the power and the responsibility to define what
is lonely for you. You do not have to be lonely. Loneliness
is a choice. Loneliness is not just related to sadness and
pain or a lack of company. It is more related to what we
didn't get in our lives, as children. A child whose needs
are not met cannot choose to be their for himself or herself
without first meeting those unmet needs. As children, often
we could not meet those needs. That is why children have parents.
But, now, you are an adult and you can choose to meet your own
needs no matter how daunting they may, at times, seem.

Loneliness is the result when you allow your energy to be
usurped by your past, thus rendering you less available to
yourself and to others in the here and now. When we allow our
energy to be usurped by the past it not only takes us out of
the better part of current time as it unfolds but it also
challenges each of us to keep a strong foot-hold on our "true"
(authentic)self versus giving way to our "false-self" (inauthentic).
I believe loneliness is a result of one experiencing their
"false-self". Being in touch with your "true self" through
an active choice to do so is the best way to work through and
get past your loneliness.

The dichotomy of "self": false self versus true self is a universal
struggle found in the human condition. Opposition to each other
notwithstanding, both aspects of self compete within each of us
as each of us seeks to live our life to the fullest in what it means
to be who each of us really is.

You are the best friend that you will *ever have* in this world.
From this very pivotal relationship to and with yourself the tone is set
for your relationship to and with others. No one can be your
best friend for you. No one can give you enough friendship to
alleviate the loneliness that you yourself perpetuate in your
own existence by looking back more than you are looking forward.
Look inside and get to better know this wonderful
friend that awaits your care and concern. Being your own best
friend will unfold your loneliness to you in a way that will then
teach you what it is that you further need to know about who you
really are and what that means to your place in this world. This
is the process that transcends an empty longing loneliness and gives you
the gift of the fullness of what it is to be alone with your true self
in relation to the very place in this world that is yours to claim.
The aching-agnst of loneliness is your false self dying and giving way
to the re-birth of your true self.

Reach in to know your true self and though you may spend time alone,
you will not be lonely.

A.J. Mahari

Date: August 24, 2007 04:16PM

Pampam, I'm sorry you are going through so much upheaval in your life right now. I'm glad you realize that you feel better on the raw food diet though.

Sounds like you were healing something on the right side of your head with that headache. Did you have an old injury there?

I agree with Jodi, take care of yourself and exercise will help. Exercise helps to produce those hormones that lift our spirits. Maybe watch a funny movie too?

Date: August 25, 2007 04:12PM

Hi Pam,

I understand how difficult it is to start over again. Seems like I've been doing that for 4 years now myself! I'm still going thru changes..with moving yet again!

You are insightful to understand what will help you though and that will carry you thru the hard times.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: August 27, 2007 02:17AM

Hey there Pam...yay you for doing so great lately!! i am sooo proud of yoU!! congrats girl on doing so wonderful and sticking with raw!!! sorry it has been such a roller coaster ride that is no fun, but you are sticking with it and really getting the benefits out of it and getting the bad feelings out of your body!! keep it up girl...glad to catch up on your diary smiling smiley
take care of you!!
lots of love
earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: August 28, 2007 10:28AM

EARTHANGEL Its so good to have you back....
I hope all is well with you in your move and all you need to get done.

I weighed in and lost another 4 pounds. I am so excited with loseing weight but will need to start a serious exersize thing to encrease the muscle.

I was getting a bit frusterated with eating raw foods recently. I was feeling dissatisfied with food and was getting bored with wat I was eating. I love the simplicity of eating raw foods but still have to cook for the kids. It seems as if I am cooking good foods because they are comenting on how good it tastes. I still have desires to eat their foods especially pizza and breads. Its funney I don't miss the candy I use to love snickers bars especially. I usually crave breads and chips. I have some craving for heavy foods, as if I have been so use to eating heavy foods and having that in my stomach. I guess that will take time to get use to being lighter.
I have realized I have not been eating enough calories and will need to start keeping better track of how many calories I eat in a day. I hope by raising the amount of calories will increase my energy and disposition.
Tocay I was very busy and had lunch with my son who is being deployed soon. We had lunch and I had some kimchee that had some sugar in it. I could'nt eat much of it. When I got hope I had a couple of bananas and later a huge salad.
A friend invited me over and gave me some fresh apples and pears and some garden vegis. Yum yum.

Date: August 28, 2007 03:27PM

I know what you mean, pam. I cooked pizza for the kids last night from Trader Joe's dough, organic sauce, and organice cheese. It cooked up so nice and smelled so good! Sometimes I would like to have some. But, for me, it would be a slippery downhill slope and I would feel awful afterwards and I have done that so many times before on previous attempts at the raw food diet. It's definitely never as good as it looks and smells and raw food is so much better.

Congrats on the lost weight and for sticking with it despite all the temptations!

Date: September 01, 2007 03:34PM

I hope you are still doing well on the raw foods. It's so nice to have a 3 day week-end! I'm going to enjoy the heck out of it. It's been so hot here..so I don't plan on doing much during the daytime.

Next week-end is my move to Portland, Oregon. I never drove a u-haul before..it's a 14' truck and I'll be hauling my car on the back. I'm so glad my son will be with me for the drive.

You have a great week-end Pam!

Love,
Prism

Date: September 08, 2007 08:07PM

I'm still alive and kicking out here. Still eating raw foods and each day I am more convinced to continue eating raw foods. I have been losing weight like crazy and feel more in control of my life. I have been working on my garden area and planning on where I am going to build the greenhouse. I have been more energetic and am trying to watch the calories because I was not eating enough calories. Almonds are about 400 calories per 1/2 cup. Even though I was overeating them last week I lost 4 lbs. I really need to eat more sprouts and get busy in sprouting the seeds.
Pam

Date: September 10, 2007 01:14PM

I ate some bee pollen a couple of days ago. Bee pollen is a very nutricious food. I found that I am allergic to it though. I broke out with hives and had a very runney nose and sneezed a bunch. My face turned red and my arms also. I started itching . I had to take some benedrayel I was concerned that my breathing would be a problem. I started getting chills also. I read that I can ease myself into the pollen yet it was so horrable of an experiance that I will take it easy on the pollen for a while.

I am getting frusterated and bored with what I have been eating. I need to start sprouting and growing the wheatgrass and rejuvelac. I am feeling tired of the foods I have been eating. I feel I need spice and just plain something different. I wish there was a raw restarante closeby so I could taste some different things. I have been haveing some real strong cravings or earges to eat some of the foods my family is eating. I know these erges will pass but sometimes they are very strong erges.

Date: September 10, 2007 07:03PM

I'm am so sorry to hear about your reaction to bee pollen! I hope you are feeling better now.

I hope you find something that spices up your raw eating. Do you like green smoothies and fruit smoothies? I have been craving a lot lately too and eating too many nuts. I think it is because I haven't done a colonic in a few weeks. I am so looking forward to the professional one I have scheduled tomorrow.

Maybe you could look for a raw recipe that might replace something you are craving. You are doing great though!

Current Page: 6 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables