Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 10 of 21
Re: needing a fresh start
Posted by: pampam ()
Date: October 28, 2007 02:50AM

(((((((((((earthangel)))))))))))))))so good to hear from you. I thought you were gone for good lost in the real world lol. I have been doing real well in the raw diet and loveing every minute of it.

lightform thankyou so much for the recipe for chocolate dip it sounds good. I will give it a try but I have to get some spirulina the next trip to the health food store

Well I have been real busy with this new job. I have not been able to eat and prepare my foods like I should. I have been real hungry and working very hard. The job is very strenous and I end up working a eight hour shift with only a half hour break. I absolutly hate the job. I am going to be searching for something better but will stick with this one for not and be gratefull for the strenous workout. I am finding some new muscles. I feel like I have been hit by a mac truck. I am tired because of lack of sleap and sometimes I can't even walk because I am not use to standing for eight hours straight. I am happy that I am eating raw foods because it gives me more energy to endure this kind of work. Why did I take this job? oh ya the insurance. I don't even know what kind of insurance I have. I have a meeting with a education advisor this week and I hope to get started in some sort of game plan to get on my feet. It sucks to be me sometimes. lol I always do things the hard way.

I have been eating basically what I can get my hands on fruit a chunk of lettuce or cauliflower. I have been so busy that I just eat what is available and raw.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: October 28, 2007 09:40PM

Oh..Pam, sorry to hear how much you hate the job. I understand how you feel! If you are able to or have the inclination to, why not spend your half hour over at the produce section, in the back with the produce people, you'll probably get all the fruits you can eat and you'll make friends and connections in that area of the store. You'll also get a feeling for if you would like working there better.

Gosh..aren't the pears divine right now! I just ate 2 Bartlett pears and they were absolutely perfect!

I'm going to buy about 10 lbs. of granny smith apples, and have a juice fest so I can do a mini-liver and gallbladder stone cleanse. It should be interesting.

I'm so glad you are staying raw and loving it!

Love,
Prism

Date: October 29, 2007 01:56AM

Prisim, I think the job will be tolerable and I hate it enough to work towards something I will like to do. It is so ironic to work in a bakery when I am a raw foodist. I do agree about the pears they are so yummey I am starting to learn the different kinds of pears, there is one that is red and it is very sweet it cost a lot more so if you get a chance pick one up and taste it.

I know about the liver and gallbladder stone cleanse and am going to want to do it when things settle down for me. The apples have a malic acid in it which softenes the stones so when you pass them they will not hurt so much or get stuck in transit. Prisim the apple cider also has malic acid in it and will be helpful in a liver cleanse.

I have been so busy and very tired and sore from this job. I work tonight and will have a day off. It is good to get the exersize and be paid for it to boot. I have been basically eating whatever is available and on the run. sometimes I get so hungry I just can't eat but the good thing is I am still eating raw food. I am glad that this stress is not causing me to back slide in eating raw but being tired I have had some thoughts of eating cooked foods because I get so hungry and it is right there. I think I have lost over five pounds this week.

Life is good raw
Pam

Date: October 30, 2007 04:09PM

Oh, nice pay off of losing 5 lbs! Good for you. Yeah...you'll be the healthiest baker in many parts of the country!

I will try the red pears, but the Bartletts are so good, I went and got 4 more! I ate 2 big plump ones yesterday after gardening..so sweet and juicy..just ate them right to the core..not much of a core really. You can essentially eat the whole thing.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: MandyDandy02 ()
Date: October 30, 2007 04:48PM

Hey pampam I just wanted to thank you for your advice on my page. And just to say today is a great day to be raw and in charge of your life. Stick in here with us and we'll be here.
-MandyDandy02winking smiley

Date: October 30, 2007 06:50PM

Thanks mandyDandyo2, Hey prisim, The sun is shineing outside and the sky is blue. I can't wait to get outside and catch an autum ray. I have still been raw and all is well. Not to much time to play with though. I have gotten some rest and feel a little better. I am not use to getting up at 130 in the morning and working my ass off litterely. bakery work is real hard there is a lot of heavy choollifting and I have to really hustle to get it all done in my time frame. I just have to keep focused on just why I took the job in the first place. The insurance and the hours might be workable for when I go to school.

Date: October 31, 2007 03:42PM

I have a day off of work today and tomorrow. I needed to get some rest and recoup. This morning I had a avacado and banana with a kiwi all chopped in bite sized chunks It was a good combonation. I am trying to get the house in some order. With all who live here there isnt much cleaning done. I really want to get outside today but might do that later in the afternoon. I am still raw and loveing it. this last week was very hard though because I did not eat enough calories and everything was so difficult and busy. I am steadly losing weight and have good sustainable energy. I dont get winded like I use to. My back hurts and shoulder but I think that is because my muscles are not in shape. In many ways I wish I started eating raw years ago and took care of myself. I wonder if I just had to work it out but life would have been much better.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 01, 2007 05:06AM

aww hehe pampam smiling smiley i hear ya about the wishing thing .. but i thank myself lucky that im not gonna be 65 years old an wishing the same thing hehe tongue sticking out smiley

if your back is hurting put yer feet up for 15 minutes with some heat on an treat yourself to some quiet time .. the chores can wait a bit and you deserve it ! smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: November 06, 2007 05:14PM

Hi Pam, how are you doing? I figure you are pretty busy! I hope that the job is going ok for you.

Hasn't our weather been beautiful?! I just have not been able to get back out to do more yard work though. I've had more childcare, and more things to do and just couldn't get out to finish my front yard sculpting in of new beds.

Let us know how you are and how the job is going.

Love,
Prism

Date: November 09, 2007 03:02AM

I'm back, I had some problem with the internet thing. I am still raw but with a bit of comprimise. Today I was at the health food store and there was a natural path doctor free to talk to. Any hoo he took my blood preasure and it was verry high. I was alarmed because I thiught with the changes I have made my blood preasure would be much lower. It tas 200/ 80 or something like that. The guy took a reading several times and finally got a bit of a lower number. I am so upset about this. He suggested taking some coq10 and ginko bilboa. I will give this supliment a try for a while. He also suggested exersize and lose more weight. Now I am gratefull for the new job because of the exersize I am getting from it. I am working my butt off. Bakeing is a very physical job. I got some wheat grass to juice today and am going to attempt to grow some. I hope the cats will stay away from it. everything is going well other than my blood preasure. I am freeking out about that.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: November 10, 2007 05:07AM

I have low blood pressure and take cq10 - its very very helpful, even on raw diet with lots of greens - I don't function well without it. I also have congestive heart failure and kidney disease and I know it helps all those problems too.

Date: November 11, 2007 12:10AM

Thankyou aquadecoco I am going to have to look into the coQ10 I am taking a 100 mil chewable pill in the morning and also a 60 mil ginkgo biloba pill. The natural path doctor I consulted was not really supportive about eating just raw foods he was encourageing me to eat some fish. He said he has consulted some raw foodists that were very unhealthy so he justified his reasoning that eating just raw foods was not the ultimate healthy way to eat. He did say some encourageing words to me and suggested the suppliments. He really stressed to eat some sort of omega fish oil and I told him I ate fresh ground flax seeds for the omega nutrients.
I am feeling o.k. lately and still loseing the weight. My job is very physical and I do feel gratefull for the exersize I am glad that I work only four hours right now though. I weigh 268 I can't wait to lose all this extra fat but I feel I need to firm up everything is wiggly and jiggly lol

I have to get up about 1:30 am to be at work at 3:00 am so I have been eating some fruit while driving to work. I work four hours and sometimes a little longer and just drink water during that time. After work I eat some grapes on the way home and usually go to sleap till noon and after being up for a while I make a salad or lately I take a avacado and mux some lemon or lime juice and garlic powder and eat it on some romaine leaves I have been eating some flax seed crackers but I can't chew it so well due to my bad teeth. I usually eat very little in the evening. One thing I enjoy ocassionally is raw chocolate.

Well that it for today have a good raw evening all
Pam

Date: November 12, 2007 03:50AM

Hi Pam! I left a little message on my diary for the next time you visit.

I'm going to pray you find a way to get your teeth fixed, you deserve to have that done! Maybe just try finding a gentle dental dentist first if you don't have one already, then ask about payment methods and go one step at a time.

How do you eat the raw chocolate? I made some raw peanut butter balls yesterday..gee I forot how good they were! Peanut butter or other nut butter of choice, honey to sweeeten, some real non-fat dry milk (the silky kind from the health food store), and raisins. Just mix like cookie dough, make balls and roll in raw chocolate or carob, or coconut, ground nuts, or nothing, and chill..then eat!

You take care, don't let the job get you down.

Love,
Prism

Date: November 13, 2007 02:01PM

You know the job I can adjust to but the upper management is not real comforting they are slave drivers and really don't realize just what is going on/

I have been a bit sick for the past two days and I think I feel better now I was feeling the need to sleep but just felt yuckey. the rest of the family was feeling that way also so it was a virus.

I weighed in yesterday and lost 2.8 pounds everyone at the tops group are encourageing I am glad I started that group.

I just did an oil pull with sunflower oil. That seems to help with my bad teeth. I have some wheat grass to juice but I will have to do that outside because there is nothing to clamp the juicer to in doors. Its been rainy and very windy lately so I don't look foreward to juicing out doors. I do need the wheat grass juice though.
With thanksgiving comming up I am wonderig just what to prepare for myself. I hope to make something special for myself that day.

Date: November 13, 2007 05:15PM

I was wondering whether oil-pulling would you help your teeth Pampam, since I read that someone restored their mouthful of rotten teeth in about 6 months by oil-pulling 2-3 times a day.

But you never know if what you read on the net is accurate or due to some other cause, etc.

Date: November 13, 2007 06:14PM

Pam, you need to setup a Tepee with a fire pit to juice outdoors in the winter there..that would be funsmiling smiley Or your green house even! Yeah..fresh greens at your fingertips, pick, wash, juice, drink all from your cozy green house!

Love,
Prism

Date: November 14, 2007 12:22AM

prisim, I just wonder what YOU are drinking lately? you are getting a bit feisty lately lol aqua the oil pulling really helps with the tooth pain I think it cleans in all the rotten holes and pulls out the stuff in the holes which makes it feel better. now I think that is a great dream to have my teeth regenerate themselves. That would be a storie worthy to tell. I pray for that to happen but I don't believe our teeth would grow back. At least not like they use to be.
Today I felt like eating everything in sight I just wanted to eat it all. I started with two bananas in the morning then some cauliflower with greens soaked in dressing. grapes have been my favorite I just cant resist them when I walk past them in the store they jump into the cart today I had to share them with my grandson. I got one of those chocholate bars and nibbled on it in the afternoon then I ate a large salad with a dressing made with almond butter. I still want to munch
I have been raw since june and I think I need to re afirm just why I desired to be raw. It wasnt all about losing weight it was about overall health. I can so easily forget just how awful I felt before I went raw and how I craved every food but was never satisfied with what I was eating. since I have been raw I feel free from food. I can go for a long time without eating and feel comfortable with that. In June I weighed about 360 pounds. I had to have my daughter look at the scale to tell me what it said because my stomach was in the way. My feet and knees hurt because of the weight. I have high blood preasure. I have been very self destructive towards my self for a long time. In many ways becoming a raw food eater has changed me in more ways than I expected. I am becomming more positive in life and that is a miricle in itself. I now weigh 265. I never thought I could lose this weight. I have tried in the past but would only end up binge eating and gaining whatever I had lost. I feel more spiritual since I have been raw and think more about our environment. Life is good being raw and I want to stay raw for the rest of my life.

Date: November 14, 2007 06:12AM

Wow that is WONDERFUL!!!

That's such a nice story to read!- that you've lost almost a hundred pounds since June - I would think all the others in TOPS would be jumping over themselves to find out your methods.

I need to reaffirm my raw diet sometimes too - I reach a plateau or whatever.

Well I enjoy reading your diary and am always happy to hear about your successes. Hope you resolve the job issue soon.

Maybe the Christmas season is a good time to try for another position??

Date: November 15, 2007 02:27AM

AQUADECO, I think you are an inspiration to me. thank-you for responding to my diary. About the job, I am learning to readjust my attitude towards the job, as lowly as it is it does have its plusses. I work alone and once I clock in I go go go until I clock out. In this I am exersizing and that is a big benny for me because I am a lazy one when it comes to exersize and I would be more prone to sit on the couch thinking about exersizing this way I am getting paid for getting in shape. The early morning time is o.k. because it does not interfere with my kids school schedule. It is not a long comute. It offers insurance even though I work only part time. I am alotted a 11 minute break which I have not taken since I worked there because there is so much to do but today I made sure I took the break just before clocking out, tehe I just sat in the break room forcing myself to relax for about eight minutes. The company is a slave driving machine and I do not appreciate their lack of concern for the employees needs nore there hard work I can't wait till I find another job but menwhile I am counting my blessings to just have a little trickle of money comming in. I have one lead for a good paying job and am going to apply on saturday I pray I get it but it takes several weeks of testing and jumps to go through to get it. I think if I get that it will give me an income that will give me independance from my young daughters father and I can move on away from him. At this time I still live with him and take care of our daughters but since he has soberes he has told me very coldly he has no feelings for me. I have basically gotten the short end of the stick with that relationship but I hope to be able to become independant from him and move out next year. I am hoping to make this transaction in the best way for my daughters who love both their parents so it does not interfere with their lives to much.
My tops friends are so encourageing to mein my weight loss. I guess in the last five months I have lost more weight than anyone in record in this tops group in a whole year. They are now asking me questions about eating raw foods. I have a hard time answering the question about protien and calcium but my daughter mentioned that horses only eat grass and they are very healthy other large anamals eat only green food and have no problem functioning just why are we any different?
Well I do have to re organize myself on this raw food eating. I have realized that I have not been giveing my body a perion of time without eating food sence I have started this early morning job. This morning I did not eat anything before I left or after work, this gave me a longer period of time without ingestiong food and thus giving my body a rest period I am going to pay more attention to times of eating and times of not eating.
It is getting easier to think positive or turn something into a positive outlook. I don't feel uncomfortable when I try to change my thoughts to a more positive thinking. I am less resistant to thinking positive. I still have not gone to a church or found something to minister to my spiritual needs My daughter wanted me to go to a morman church last week but I put it off mostly because I felt so uncomfortable to go to a formal church and be around churchy people. I am going to have to just bight the bullet on this one and take the time to just do it. I feel strongly about tithing but I just dont know where to give the money. I have been reading the ann wigmore books and they have been feeding me in a spiritual way.
life is good raw

Date: November 15, 2007 10:39PM

well my teeth are giveing me a lot of grief now. One molor on my left has become absessed and is oozing puss. It has begun to swell up and hurt. The only thing that gives it comfort is to oil pull and that draws the infection out for a short time and helps drain the wound. I may have to go to the hospital for some antibiotic and pain relief. To add more yesterday I made egplant parmagan for the family and ate cooked food for the first time since I started eating raw. I don't feel well on two reasons. One thing about eating the cooked food it may help with taking the pain pills with this tooth problem. In many ways I did not enjoy the mushey food. I did enjoy the spices though and perhaps I need to have more flavors in my raw foods. I feel upset but not guilty I feel as if it was a learning experiance. Everything is so messed up. My emotions are wacked out and my digestive system has been stressed out. I would like to just pull the tooth and get rid of the pain. I will have to have dentures but that is better than this pain. I still consider myself a raw food person but I comprimised my eating yesterday. Today I only ate raw foods but just an avacado and a banana. I am going to have to go and have a nap. I am so tired from this pain.

Posted by: Soraya ()
Date: November 15, 2007 11:23PM

Congratulations on your weight loss and your strong commitment to your health and wellbeing!

I do hope that you feel better soon and are able to have that tooth / your teeth taken care of in a timely manner; it sucks that you haven't been able to do that so far...

Date: November 16, 2007 12:33AM

I wonder if your body is actually using your cleansing raw diet and oil pulling to get rid of a load of toxins right now. I feel so bad for you, since tooth pain is one of the worst!

Seems like a good thing to keep oilpulling as much as necessary - sure works the mouth muscles, doesn't it!

Did the abscess start after you started oilpulling? It couldn't be a coincidence if so, could it? It would seem the oilpulling was drawing the toxins out.

Date: November 16, 2007 03:16AM

Oh my gosh..that's great Pam about the health benefits of losing weight and feeling better.

You could try getting some Iodine otc from the drug store and add a couple drops into your water pik, see if that helps with the infection for your teeth. Pus, infection that is coming out is better than left in..it's trying to cleanse it out.

What am I drinkingsmiling smiley I'm drinking my Iodine, with water and acv of course! I did have my green juice yesterday too! I took plenty of vit-c last night with my magnesium oxide and I've been slacking off the amount lately, but went back up as I get much better results when I match the amount of vit-c to the amount of magnesium oxide I take. I felt so much lighter and more flexible all day today.

I have been using my exercise ball to sit on at the computer and it's helping to tighten those ab muscles. I am figuring out that it's not so much our large colon as it is about our small intestines and their state of health. Mine are getting much healthier with the detoxing, healing, cleansing, exercising and given enough raw materials to draw on to do all of that is what is helping my overall health.

There's so much I'm learning, so much still to work on..it's fun and amazing..and really I can't wait to see what comes next! It always seems to come back to raw foods though at the end/beginning of the circle.

Love,
Prism

Date: November 18, 2007 05:04PM

well the latest on my tooth.. the swelling has gone down and it does not hurt today. I have been oil pulling two times a day with sunflower and coconut oils. I think the oil pulling has been a great help for this absess in my mouth. I was very fearful in the beginning because of the infection so close to the brain. I wish I had insurance but I am experimenting right now. I really need to use some wheat grass poultises and get some of that Iodine that prisim is talking about. I really think my body is trying to fight this infection. I have been tired lately and sleaping a lot. I think it has a lot to do with the infection and getting up so early in the morning to work. I have been eating salads with lettuce and dandilion greens I have been focusing on the grapes lately I cant just walk away from them in the store even though they are costin 3.00 a pound but all good thingsmust come to an end (like the watermellon)

I have been eating some wasa crackers and salsa lately and really miss the fresh homemade salsa. I miss summer fresh vegies. I got to start sprouting and getting on track with the raw food eating because I have been compromising my eating with some questionable foods. I think I am due for a fast soon

Life is good raw

Date: November 19, 2007 12:58AM

Oh,yes..falling off the wagon does start by small increments in eating those other questionable foodssmiling smiley I know, because that's what happened to me.

I'm researching how to buy a good deal on the Iodine, and I think that tomorrow I'll have to reorder from my usual place for now. It's rather confusing to me. But I did find Kent Marine Lugol's at an online pet store source, and it's supposed to be the very same thing as what I buy from jcrows.com and it's cheaper by almost $10 which includes the sh&h charges..so I'm thinking it over right now.

Also there is something called Polar Pure water treatment and it's iodine crystals, that you simply resaturate with water. I might purchase those, I've asked for someones advice on it all. I'll put the info. on my diary as soon as I understand better.

I'm glad your tooth feels better, once you get rid of the infection and can keep it free of infection, I would think the pain might be much less, except for any air that might get to an exposed root.

You take care of yourself!

Love,
Prism

Date: November 22, 2007 03:45AM

I have been haveing very big urges to eat cooked foods. I have been raw for 6 monthes now and I have forgotton how bad I felt when I ate the cooked foods. I have not been as strict on what I have been eating also. I am having a hard time right now with the raw eating. I know I enjoy eating just raw foods and I feel satisfied eating raw but there are times when I see and smell my familys food that I really want to just dig in. I still have weight to lose and I feel frusterated with that. Since I have been raw I don't feel over weight and am shocked when I see my reflection because I think of myself as a thin person. my skin is still very soft and it seems to be more supple. I have more endurance and I think that is due to eating raw. Maybe I just need to read a raw book or find some raw folks to share with. I don't know what I need but I just have been slacking and I need to shape up. I wonder if I could eat cooked squash and have been thinking of eating rice or steemed vegis. Maybe its because of the cold weather and lack of sunshine.

Date: November 22, 2007 05:18AM

Yes, I totally relate to the colder cimates and trying to stay all raw. I was good for the first year I was in Oregon and then fell off the second year, and tried getting back into a higher percentage back in Ca. and was doing better, and am now back in Oregon.

I'm doing really good right now though, and it has a lot to do with some new motivation, and renewed energy, and sharing it with someone else too. When I juice, I can have it with the after school child who is actually 13..so his mom likes that I'm into the healthier foods, and juices. I sent some green juice home with her yesterday, saying it was only fair she try it toosmiling smiley

I think if you have a mid-day cooked meal of lightly steamed veggies, brown rice or other whole grain, a whole baked yam or baked potoato is not going to be so bad, it's when you starting adding butter to that stuff or maing mixed cooked foods from packages etc..that can really get you bogged down. Keep the foods as whole and in their natural state as possible, pick out some of your favs and I'd say have them, but then make sure to add in a lot of raw before and after that meal.

Keep going Pam! Maybe a few raw food book from the local library for new motivation?

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Weezo ()
Date: November 24, 2007 06:27PM

Now is not the time to give in to cooked foods! If your body craves it, try it but only in small amounts, most likely you'll prefer your raw cuisine due to the light and awesome energy it provides (cooked always makes me feel so heavy and bogged down!)

Congrats on all the weight you've lost raw! (definitely an inspiration!)

Date: November 25, 2007 09:55PM

I have been compromizing my raw eating. Due to the thanks giving time with my family and all the cooked memories. When I ate the cooked foods I did not enjoy it as I use to though. The raw foods are more alive and I do notice the nutrition from the raw food as appose to the cooked foods. I am trying now to get myself back on track with the raw eating. I am not so confidant though for some reason. I feel slightly sick and my tooth is not feeling so well. It seems the raw foods are helping me fight the tooth infection better than the cooked foods. I have sprouted some wheat to make rejuvelac and have some ready to drink. I hope it is a good batch because it really tastes foul if not. I have noticed a wakness and I get tired quickly because of eating cooked foods. I don't like the feeling or the taste of the cooked food. I did make some soup for the family and ate that I enjoyed it but I did not enjoy the feeling it gave me. Some of my aches and pains came back rather quickly from eating cooked foods. My lower back hurts and my feet hurt.
By far the raw foods give me more nutrition and make me feel better

Today I worked in the early morning between 2 am and 7 am. I ate a apple after work and napped then ate some watermellon. I hope to get myself back on track. When I weigh myself I don't have any weight gain or loss. I have my tops meeting tomorrow and hope I have a loss. I still have so much weight to lose, about 135 to be exact.

Thanks for the encouragement prisim and weezo. I really need it right now.

Thanks also for the information on what to eat if I eat cooked, prisim.

Even though I ate cooked foods I still consider myself a raw food eater. I enjoy how it makes me feel and the health bennifits derived from the raw foods. I have been contemplating eating some mono foods. I was thinking of eating oranges because they are plentyifull right now.

Thanks all for the encouragement

Date: November 26, 2007 08:15AM

Don't worry too much about deviating from raw - it's a great reminder of how cooked food treats us.

I'm having similar problems with my diet.

I remember how Karen used enemas to help with her cravings, so am starting to do them plus a colon cleanse, etc. This winter is harder to bear than the last one, which is when I went raw..... I guess I was motivated despite the cold. And it's actually easier for me to do a prescribed cleanse than to just carry on trying to ignore the cold and my cravings. Hopefully I will notice some positive improvement.

Anyway, you certainly did well for yourself since going raw, and there are lots of us here who are wishing you complete success on your health journey...... smiling smiley ...it never has to be perfect to be great.

Current Page: 10 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables