Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 14 of 21
Re: needing a fresh start
Posted by: pampam ()
Date: April 04, 2008 10:26PM

I have been raw for three days now. I have stoped the coffee for about a week. I have been haveing a green smoothie each day and have been experimenting with mixing foods for yummey raw dished. Yesterday I chopped up some broccoli tomatoe and cucumber, carrots and a but of parsely. I made a real tasty sauce with vineger, mustard, agave and some flavored olive oil. it was so good my kids ate some. I blended up more to soak over nught it was way to good The other day I mixed some avacado with chopped nuts and dates and wrapped up lettuce it was delishous. So far so good. I am starting to feel a little better.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 06, 2008 04:59PM

I have been raw since wednesday, I have been eating a wide variety of foods usually having a green smoothie in the morning and a salad of sorts in the evening. I am starting to get more energetic and am feeling much better. I have noticed my face is less puffey and my gums are looking a little better.
I think it is unfortunate that I strayed away from eating raw for so long but I refuse to beat myself up about it, I have learned a little more about myself. I have learned also that tohose little fat cells will regain very quickly as I have gained over 20 pounds back. If I had insurance I would love to get some blood work done and have my blood preasure checked but That will have to be for later. I know I have very high blood preasure and may have to do a water fast soon to try to fix that problem. Whatever situation my health is in it is much better when eating raw vegitable based diet.

Date: April 08, 2008 06:18AM

Still raw.....and doing great
Today I ate grapes mostly and munched on some coconut. I really felt cold today because the weather is fluctuating a lot and for some reason I was tired all day. I am starting to have a clearer head and am feeling more positive. Some how I feel more self assured in being raw, I sure don't want to anounce it to just anybody though.

I really wish I mixed up a salad today but it just got so late. I am going to go out and pick some stinging nettles to eat

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: April 08, 2008 04:34PM

Yes...the weather is crazy this spring..cold and wet! With going on 6 months of it I'm getting really tired and beaten down somewhat from it.

I think it does make people grumpier to have to go out and get things done when it's so cold, or so rainy all the time. It's like a constant battle of the elements for me. I can feel this because this is my first winter and spring since being in Ca. again for a couple years. I'm not so light hearted as I am in SoCal.

It's great you are doing so much better Pam! While I am feeling ok, and have gotten rid of those pesky troublesome aches and pains from drinking tap water here, I am still not where I want to be in % of my raw eating. I have upped the green smoothies though..and make sure to make them and fit them most everyday.

I've come a long way in finances though since moving, and now have a viable income, but my eating habits have suffered and taken a backseat. I think by summer that may come around too though..once we can see the sun and feel the warmth of it everyday! Oh..I'm looking forward to that..laying out on the patio..naked in the sun..and I will do it naked too..of course when I'm alonesmiling smiley

Love,
Prism

Date: April 08, 2008 06:40PM

Prism, so good to hear form you. I am freezing right now and it is wet outside. I am going out to grab some stinging nettles. I will tell you about it later. I have read it gives a boost like coffee and you may want to check into the nettles yourself because it is packed full of magnesium and other good things. I am sure you should be able to find some close to you. I intend to dry some for later as well. Catch you later
Pam

Date: April 11, 2008 02:54AM

I have managed to eat all raw for one woppin week now. yea. Basically I have been eating what ever I want when ever as long as it is raw. I usually have a green smoothie in the morning and eat some fruit during the day. I have had some real strong urges to eat bread or crackers and have started eating carrots as a replacement for the crunch. It seems to be working. I have been experimenting with different sauces for salads and have really enjoyed mustard dressing. I have ventured out to my back yard and have eaten some nettles and I tell ya they are a real super food I feel fortunate to have it growing freely in my back yard. I am now researching other wild edibles. I am looking at weeds in a very different light. I still have a grape fettish and eat them like they are going out of style. I have a particular craving for the seeded ones and eat them seed and all. I use to hate the seeds in the grapes now I relish them. I feel much better and feel like I am losing weight again. I feel stronger in my resolve to be raw for life. I will start writing what I eat on a regular basis soon.

Date: April 12, 2008 12:40AM

I had a nettle smoothie with apple and banana and wo much spice for me. I did like the cyanne in the smoothie but I went over board and the apple tasted mealy. I am still trying to figure out the best combo for a nettle smoothie.

I have eaten grapes and bananas and other fruits today and have been busy outdoors tilling the ground. Finally the sun is shining and no rain in sight tomorrow will be the same so I am trying to get my garden in order. I am starting from scratch so it is lots of work. I also munched on some raw cashews. {rpbab;y more than I should but I still get some strong urges to eat bread.

Yesterday I stoped eating at 8 p.m. and did not drink water or eat food till 9 a.m. I woke feeling a bit more refreshed. I am going to try the dry fast again tonight.

I am starting to notice my face becomming thinner and my stomach as well. I am feeling thinner which feels good for this fat woman lol. I am also starting to have a better disposition and am smileing more. Raw is a wonderfull way to eat.

Date: April 13, 2008 06:19AM

I juiced some nettles with apple and carrots today. I also boiled some water and put some nettles in the pot than turned off the pot and let it cook that way. I did eat them and they had a more mild flavor than eating them raw. I know it is not raw. I guess the juice from this will make a great hair rinse so I will try this tomorrow. Its only good for dark hair though. I munched carrots and pecans and ate a banana and my daughter made this real tasty sorbet out of mangos. It was creamy like Ice cream yet compleatly raw real tasty. Tonight I had some chips with a raw salsa. I know the chips are not raw but it just sounded good.
Today the sun was out and it was very warm which is unusual for Washington. I mean lately it has been snowing and hailing and raining so the sun was a wonderful change. I did some digging in the garden and played with the horses a bit. For some reason I really felt lazy and tired today. I am going to have to moniter my nutrition and see if I can get to feelin better.

Date: April 17, 2008 04:13AM

I would be satisfied with just sticking with my basic raw foods diet..you are braver than I Pamsmiling smiley

It sounds like you are really attracted to wild foods and that's cool..but all I think about is the work going into doing it. I already don't have enough time during a day to do everything I'd like to do.

I have been making my green juice at night though, a quart and drinking that the next day thru-out the day..really gives me a pick me up when needed. I am sure it's the minerals in it. I usually have stuck with spinach, celery, carrots, parsley, and sometimes a small amount of dandelion greens.

I can taste the watermelon..and I bought a large container of Ca. strawberries..they are actually ripe and pretty tasty.

I'm thinking of getting a distiller and a refractometer..I know I really would use the distiller...as for teh refractometer..not so much so I'm not decided on that. I've done fine without a dehydrator also and I don't think I'd really use one after the initial usage so I am not buying into that.

I do love my blender, juicer, and little bullet mini food processor though.

Oh..I made soap this week-end and soap today..Orange Patchoulie soap today. A client gave me their old furniture because they bought new. So I traded some bars of hand-made soap for delivery of their couch, large comfy chair and ottoman..very nice of them!

This is the worst spring I've ever seen Oregon have..Portland to be specific..as you say, hail and snow..all after spring and in April! What's the deal?!

Well..I'm not ready for summer anyway..my backyard needs work.

Love,
Prism

Date: June 08, 2008 08:02AM

To be very honest, I have been struggleing with food lately. There are times I would eat raw yet more times my desires for the foods I have eaten all my life have taken over my being. I have tried to force the raw food change back into my life to no avail. I am searching within just what is my problem. I am acting like a rebound dieter rather than making healthfull changes I am resisting eating the good raw foods that bring health and healing for my body.
What was it that AI did last year that made it so easy for me to jump into the raw food style last year? Why can't I take those steps now? I know how good I feel when eating raw. So I am struggleing. In many ways I have a very strong self destructive mentality. So I fight with myself.
I do miss the light free feeling I had for those six monthes I was raw.

Date: June 09, 2008 12:33AM

Today I have been eating the same foods as my family however I have been taking noats as to how these foods are makeing me feel.
I feel tired today and constantly hungry, a kind of unsatisfied hunger because with the foods I eat I am full but I am so unsatisfied. I also have the usual headachs and brain fog. I notice that I cannot breath very deaply and I have poor posture. My joints ach and overall my body aches all over. When I get up I have a hard time. I feel bloated.
You would think with these symptoms I would start eating raw again but I am resistant. I have noticed though I am haveing a resurgance of a desire to start eating raw.
I am thinking of just what kind of plan I will have in once again eating raw and I am thinking of keeping a clear ledger of what I eat so I can keep track of calories. One problem I had in the past was not eating enough calories. I have stocked my fridge with watermellon, cantaloup, grapes and spinach. I still have loads of nettles growing outside. I may need to go purchase some frozen strawberries though because I love them with my green smoothie.
I may start up tomorrow. wish me luck
Pam

Date: June 09, 2008 01:19AM

I do wish you luck Pam..and with the warmer weather and more fresh produce of higher quality avail. it does get easier. Try to stock up some of those things and put in freezer for this winter if you can.

Just do as much as you can, eat some cooked meals along with upping the fresh raw foods..be easy on yourself.

It's been a most difficult and freaky spring this year in the Pacific N.W. so I think depression gets the better of us. I am praying I have a home at least in a few months..I would not like being homeless! I don't think realistically I want to live that close to naturesmiling smiley Not unless I had some wonderful man to help care for me, provide for me and we lived in some very nice temperate zone with lots of fresh foods.

I might go ahead and sleep outside here during some of the summer but I always have indoors to come back into..toxic mold or not. What does one do? I feel panicky sometimes over that issue of toxic mold..it's a very bad thing to live with. I try to stay calm though..do what I can to protect me and my dog.

Don't work yourself to death..get some relaxation and enjoyment out of each day!

Love,
Prism

Date: June 10, 2008 02:20AM

Ido hope you get things together. I need a new roof as well but no cash to get it and with this rain things are looking nasty.
I have managed one day in eating raw. I have tried to keep track on fitday.com. so this is what I had:
I had coffee with milk in the morning
2 pounds of yummey grapes
A very large spinach, strawberrie, banana smoothie, I added a teaspoon of spirulina.
banana
1 cup grapes
handfull of cashews
I made a brocolli,carrot salad with hemp seed dressing.
Inside the salad is some dried cranberries and cashews and greenonions
inside the dressing is hemp seeds, lemon juice dates and the soak water and a squeeze of brown mustard. I am letting it sit for a while before I eat

In comparison to eating sad food yesterday I am feeling o.k. I am feeling more satisfied with the food and not really craving much. Its to soon to notice the usual good feelings that come with eating healthy raw foods.
I do notice I have not eaten enough calories today but I am not feeling deprived.
I still have to cook dinner for the kids
I can't wait till I start feeling better

Date: June 10, 2008 03:33AM

I feel tired this evening but I did eat only raw foods this day.
[www.fitday.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 10, 2008 11:03PM

Hello,

I just recently started going raw and it is a struggle for me too! I have been reading p on things and came across your posts. I live in the Seattle area, and if you ever want to get together, and maybe just give each other a push in the right direction let me know. Also, if you could teach me how to identify some wild edible stuff out here I would LOVE that!

Nessa

Stay strong! Stay raw! You're worth it!

Date: June 11, 2008 02:41AM

super Nessa, I would love to get together. There are many raw get togethers in the Seattle area. I have been contemplating going to some of them. Where are you located?
I am just learning about the wild foods though and need to find someone to help me identify some things as well. One thing I am finding out about the wild foods is they are full of nutrients.
Today I am still eating raw except for the coffee with milk. I ate grapes and watermellon and the brocolli salad I had yesterday. I hope to do some dry fasting in the evening as I tried it last night and felt better. I feel strong on my resolve in eating raw. today I did not eat much though and that kind of concerns me but from experiance I have learned that you don't have to eat all those calories every day I think we make up for what we have not eaten the next day anyway. I am starting to feel less bloated and more clear in the head and it is just day 2. I have started sprouting some red and spring wheat for rejuvelac and wheatgrass juice. I felt good to have the rejuvelac in the past and I cant wait till I have some home grown wheat grass juice. The wheatgrass from jamba juice is so inferier and I have to traver way into Tacoma for the other place. I went to a pizza party for my 10 yr old and did'nt even have desire for pizza. Thats good right?

Date: June 11, 2008 02:47AM

That's great Pam! Sounds like you feel better and are more able to sustain more of the raw food daily. Don't berate yourself over not being 100%, listen to your intuition and take your time.

I'm glad you also may have found someone to meet up with..it's fun to actually get to meet other people that are trying to find a better way to health thru raw foods.

Have another fantastic day!

Love,
Prism

Date: June 11, 2008 03:53AM

Hi prisim, How have you been?????

Date: June 11, 2008 02:16PM

I would love to go to some raw food get-togethers! There is one in Kirkland-ish, or somewhere on the eastside that I have been looking at, but not gone to yet. I am on Bothell. I have been about 85% raw for 3 weeks, yay! Feel free to email me at nessalouise@gmail.com and hopefully we can get together. I will start looking into raw local edibles smiling smiley I have read some stuff by David Wolfe and he strongly recommends local and wild as much as possible.

Nessa

Date: June 11, 2008 04:53PM

great nessie, I'll be getting in touch with you, Paul Nissan is speaking at Basture this June What do you think?
Well yesterday I ate after 8 o-clock the watermellon tempted me and I had munchies all evening so I ate a lara bar and almonds. Still raw though, I think the excessive eating after hours was due to lack of eating during the day. I still feel strong in eating raw, I am just tired of the awful feeling I get from eating cooked. I am starting to feel less foggy headed I can't wait till I start feeling skinny, lol, ( I am very over weight) Even though I am fat I love that slim feeling from eating raw. I still am drinking coffee with milk though and will change that soon.

Date: June 12, 2008 03:29AM

day three
and going good, I feel a strong resolve brewing within my head. yeha I have been taking it easy with activity however I feel it necessary to start a program for myself. I really did not eat much again I finished off a pound of grapes and had a half, yes half of a watermellon. I think that might be my next food fetish. I did have a lara bar but really thats about all. I am going to have to incorporate some greens as I feel they have so many nutrients.
Today I still am feeling that brain fog but I did notice my posture was better, I was able to walk easier with a straight back. Just last week I had this unusual back pain that literally doubled me over and felt like a vise gripeing my waist. Very uncomfortable, it laid me up for a week.
My head hurts ocassionally, That could be due to the coffee or just detox stuff.
I am feeling lighter. All in three days. Can't wait till I feel even better.
I have sprouted some wheat for wheatgrass and rejuvelac. I believe the rejuvelac will be ready tomorrow but the wheat grass will still have to be planted. The sprouts are comming along good though.

Date: June 13, 2008 03:25AM

day four
I started the day with a half of a watermellon, I still had that coffee with milk in it. I had a couple of bananas and grated a apple and mixed a lara bar in it, that was tasty. Had some grapes, carrots and munched some macadamia nuts and some pecans, I still have to figure out a system but I am just hanging in there so far. I felt like I wanted to eat everything today so I think I am going to have to stop grazing and perhaps eat sceduled meals just to see how that would work. I am beginning to feel so much better.

Date: June 15, 2008 12:47AM

I did'nt write any thing for day five, well I was a bear all day, my daughter even asked me if I was haveing a pms thing happening. I stoped drinking the coffee and I could'nt even stand myself. I wanted to sleap all day and I wanted to go get some of that coffee. I ate watermellen and grated up apple with carrot and rasins yum, can't remember all else I ate but I managed to stay raw all day.
Day six
Today I have eaten watermellen and grapes. My wheatgrass is growing real good I will have to start sprouting some more. I still want to have some coffee and am still tempted to go get some. Another temptation is the soup I am making for my family, split pea soup. I am going to have to make sure I eat loads of food so I am not swayed by the soup. I still am raw and am looking foreward to starting to feel more energetic. I want to sleap a lot and my head still feels unclear. I am certain this is the optomal way people should eat though and I am hoping to intergrate the raw food in my family's live's. It seems I am eating more fruit than the greens. I do'nt really like the salads without a dressing and I am prpbably being lazy with what I am eating but so far so good I am satisfied. I think I will need to keep a beter track of what I eat, I did try fitday.com but there were some foods like hemp seeds that they did not have Perhaps I am just to busy to document my food intake. I feel o.k. though with what I am eating.

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: June 15, 2008 01:17AM

pampam,

a really easy dressing is to make your salad extra large
and then put about 1/4 of it in the blender with an orange
(peeled) or an apple.

coffee isnt an easy one. let yourself rest as much as your
life allows.

fruitgirl

Date: June 15, 2008 04:09AM

Sleeping is good if you are able to do it when you want and for as long as you want. If it's interrupted then that can be difficult. Power naps during the day are good..a 40 minute nap is lovely sometimes, especially when you are craving that cup of coffee during the slump time of the day..around 3 pm.

I love the hot lemonade with raw honey..wish the lemons were a dime a dozen though. But at least I can get a sack full for under $5 at one of my Safeway stores.

What did you do for today on this very nice sunny day? The sun can make you feel very lazy sometimes..I just want to lay down in it and get all cozy warm. I actually got to garden the whole day! From noon to sunset..was wonderful. I know I overdid it but it just felt so good to get out and feel well enough and have enough sunshine to actually love being out to do a little work. I got so much done. Then we sat down (me and my dog) near sunset to watch the sun go down and just take in the yard work I did and how cute it's looking.

Love,
Prism

Date: June 15, 2008 04:10PM

well, prisim, yesterday I drove the old beat up truck to the dirt store and got a huge load of soil, cost me about 15.00 for the dirt and had to put gas in the truck. I have an area in the front yard I have been working on and put the dirt there. My daughters boyfriend fixed my tiller, (the rototiller got knocked over by the horse and hase not been working) I was able to fluff up the ground with the tiller but the tiller isnt working like it should and stalls at times. The tease. lol. Today I intend to plant some seeds in that ground. I am going to plant some flowers and some vegetables. I can't believe this weather. fantastic. The sky has been so grey for so many days and the rain way to much rain. Not the schizo weather is turning out blue skys and warmth. I was sweating yesterday and thought I had a feaver. haha. My body aches from working out in the garden but thats o.k..
I am hoping for another rawsome day.

Date: June 16, 2008 04:37AM

I made it to day seven. I can see the fireworks now. yea. I have noticed my gums are feeling better, they had a kind of slimey feel to them and now they are starting to feel clean. I have been feasting on watermellon and peeing a lot. I have been grating my apple and mixing it with carrot it has a nice feel to chew. I usually like that with raisins and a walnut or pecan mixed in it. I had plain popcorn last night and coffee this morning. I have had a couple of strong temptations with eating the food my family eats but I remind myself just how awful I feel when eating cooked food. I also remind myself I need to do a lot for my health. I have a lot to learn but one thing is for sure I feel stronger then ever the cooked foods do not provide enough nutrients for us. I have a lot to heal perhaps more than I even know about. I have gained a lot of weight back but I should be loseing if I am not there is something wrong with me as I have not been eating all the fat and breads.

Date: June 16, 2008 06:23AM

Hey Pam! I am glad you are still going! Keep it up! I am proud of you. I have 2 roommates that eat cooked food so i know how hard it is when it is always in the house, and you have to smell it, lol. But you are so STRONG! You have to cook it for your family, that takes some real will power.

As for the greens/salads, I just got done reading Green for Life by Victoria Boutenko a few days ago and started drinking the green smoothies everyday for breakfast and snack. I put quite a lot of greens, like spinach, collards, or kale, and i can hardly taste them at all! I can smell them, but i like the smell, just not the taste of them in salads. My fave is blending up about 2 handfuls of spinach, half a banana, 2 oranges (without the peel) and about half a mango ( i use frozen). It is absolutely delish!! Also, as a dressing, when I do have a salad, I like some olive oil, red wine or balsamic vinegar, and some salt. I am not sure how raw that all is, but I am pretty sure vinegar and cold pressed olive oil are not cooked in the processing... Oh, and if you like Lara Bars, PCC in Kirkland (prolly most of them) has a HUGE selection to chose from, though they cost more than Trader Joe's, where I usually go.

I am quite overweight, like you describe yourself, and I too, cannot wait until the day when i FEEL light, and thin, and am happy with how I look. I know the day is coming, now I just need to enjoy the journey...

Date: July 02, 2008 11:37PM

Where are you Pam..and what'cha doing? While the weather is nicer it's been smoggy..very unusual type of weather. Then that thunder and lightening storm was really weird..it lasted the longest time and the clouds didn't move a bit for a long while. I don't know but it's been freaky.

I am headed back to SoCal on July 8th..just me, my dog and my car. I hope to have enough gas money to get theresmiling smiley I can't stay in this death trap any longer. I spend nights outside on my airbed..it's been really cool doing it and it brings back memories of outdoor slumber parties and camping out..I really am liking it.

Then I just get to do what I want during the day..wish it could be like this for the rest of my life..just taking it easy. But since I won't have a job or a place to live when I do get to Oceanside (I'm looking now for live in caregiving job, or if I have money a rental to share)in all likelihood I will be out looking for work asap..after I jump into the ocean for a swimsmiling smiley

Let me know how you are doing..and how your garden is growing. I'm letting my gardening neighbor dismantle all I've planted or whatever portion she wants after 4th of July.

Love,
Prism

Date: August 18, 2008 02:33AM

Its been a while but I am still working out this eating issue...

I have been doing the master cleanse I started last thursday and it is day four.

I really like how I am feeling with this I am feeling a bit more alive and regaining some confidance to continue with this raw venture.

The master cleanse is much easier on ones system than all out water fasting I will see just how it makes me feel as the days fo by.

So here is the issues I have been haveing...
I have gained back over fifty of the 100 pounds I lost due to reverting back on my eating and eating the way I did before eating raw. I have been reading a lot of adverse things concerning raw foodists and have found it somewhat concerning. I have been ddoing a lot of soul searching within myself and havent found much. I have been praying a lot and still nothing. What I am searching for is that key that helps me to take that commitment that step to eat better and take care of myself. I am a very self destructive person and sometimes my thoughts swallow me up and I make myself my worst enemy with the worset negative talk. I can beat myself down faster than lightening and really I am not joking.
In many ways our mind can play tricks on ourselves and we can convince ourselves of mostly anything. I am sure though that eating fresh raw foods is the best for a person so I am continueing to make this change. Many things I don't feel in my heart and don't understand but I have faith that this is the best for my body.
I am hopeing this time around that I will not be so dogmatic concerning eating only raw foods but perhaps give myself some leway in eating cooked foods on ocassion. I am just not sure how to do this without overdoing it. I seem to be an all or nothing person but in many ways that is not healthy.
I understand now that I am not going to turn into a bowl of gellie because of the "lack of calcium" and "lack of protien" It is clear to me that we have been duped all these years concerning what humans should eat and meat and milk is not all that healthy for people. Especially the highly processed foods that we have in our stores.

I am going to be on this "master cleanse" for at least 11 days or more and I am going to be juicing after that and perhaps watermellon. Not just sure what I am doing but hopefully it witll be more positive for me with these eating decisions.

Current Page: 14 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables