Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 18 of 21
Re: needing a fresh start
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 09, 2009 08:55AM

hee pam you an i are in the same weather zone i know how you feel i keep poking my nose out in the morning looking for a hint of blue sky smiling smiley

lol i ate the same puffed wheats with sugar an milk everyday for brekky for like 25 years .. uggg talk about a pattern tongue sticking out smiley

im always reminded when im feeling blue that what goes up must come down and what comes down will always go back up. I think when you realize thats its ok to have an off day here an there its not a bad thing .. i think its some cosmic battery charging kinda thing .. maybe depression is a way for us to slow down for a bit and contemplate our direction .. is it possible to think of it as a good thing ? smiling smiley

ive been having far too many down days in december and honestly the thing thats driving me on is the thought of being able to start digging around in the garden once this messy winter is over .. its just around the corner .. yep i see spring !!!! =D

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2009 08:58AM by Jgunn.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pampam ()
Date: January 09, 2009 05:33PM

I feel the same way about digging in the garden. I feel like doing that now perhaps shoveling some gravel in the driveway. The rain has stoped and I saw a beartiful sunrise today. I think there is some blue sky or was I hallucinateing, nope that blue up there.

I did drink a half cup of coffee today and I am a little bit of a bear. I think I am learning just what this coffee does to me. That might be a good thing to really get the full picture in my mind maybe then I will be secure enough to get the coffee addiction resolved once and for all.

One thing the 12 steps book talks about is haveing a grateful list and expressing the positive side of eating differently than others around. I can see the power in being happy to nnot eat that pizza or nice dinner and to talk positively about choosing to eat raw. I think I have given the cooked way long enough time to show me it has not been nice to my body. I don't think I can ever eat anything cooked or I will simply go back to cooked and not be able to get back to raw again. I am surprised the coffee does not send me over that fragile edge and into the cooked world. I think the reason for that is I have allowed the coffee for now and only coffee.

I have not had my green smoothie yet today just a banana and some walnuts. I am more tired than hungry right now. I ended up drinking coffee yesterday afternoon and could not sleap last night. Silly me, right?

I am still raw today and trying to think positively.

Pam

Date: January 10, 2009 03:25AM

I have been real tired lately. I seem to have to have naps throughout the day. I did some exersize on the trampoline and then had to take a nap. I am hopeing to start some sort of exersize program for myself. I gues a little at a time will do the trick. In the past I would get all gung ho and over do things and then there goes the daily plan because I am to sore to exersize the next day.
I have been reading about a raw fooder named Chet who lost over a pound a day. I am enspired by his story. He had a coach to help him through some things but he climbed a mountain after he lost 100 pounds. He was still very overweight when he did that. I hope to hit some trails this summer, That is if there is any left after these floods.

I only had a half of a cup of coffee this morning. I hope I can get good and tired of what this coffee is doing to me so I can get mad enough to oust it out of my life for good. I was so tired today because I could not sleap well last night from drinking coffee. I am thinking the flavor is not all that appealing. So where is the allure? I am thinking the coffee is just a habit. I have quit it before but after time I forgot just what a lie it is and how it wrecks havic to my system. I have quit the smoking habit and can't stand the smell, it makes me nausiaus. I am so grateful to have quit that habit. I hope I will see the coffee for what it really is.
I am feeling better from being raw

Pam

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 11, 2009 11:02PM

Hi Pam! I have some time now due to my 2nd job ending for now. I've been reading and catching up here.

I am looking for some property to buy maybe..any advice?

I am looking all over the country really..but mostly staying in the warmer climates.

I so glad you are over smoking! Don't worry about the coffee..stay as raw as you can..spring will help a lot when it gets there.

Love,
Prism

Date: January 12, 2009 06:43AM

So good to hear from you prism, Don't know much about property. sorry. Sounds like a great thing though.

I went to a great movie "the bedtime story" So enjoyable. My 11 yr old really seemed to have a good time. The popcorn was tempting but I brought a pear.

I have been experimenting with raw uncooking. I made some spegatti sauce and it is tasty. I used to much garlic but the flavor is great. I have discovered sprouted lentiles and peas and they are real good. I think I ate some a while back and did not like them but now they are real good to me. I made a cheese or white sauce out of almonds and it was o.k. I am enjoying experimenting with uncooking. I hope to prepare some foods for my picky family maybe they will eat more raw foods. I am still haveing a large green smoothie in the mornings. Today I made a mango, spinach, chia seed, hemp seed and banana smoothie. The hemp seeds made it taste creamy and rich. I fed some to my family, at least the ones who would eat it and had about four cups myself. I also made a ginger, granney smith apple juice. and grated some zucinni and had some raw spagetti sauce over it. I want to get a spirializer now to make zucinni noodles. I also had a little lental and pea sprouts with some sauce and thought it tasty I think I will try some raw chili in the future.

I found a great movie clip about a family who helped their mother in law reverse altzimers and were sucessful. I am encouraged about that.

I will need to push myself to exersize because I just don't want to get my lazy butt moving so I will have to force myself to move. My kids have a wii fit program and I started that but it really does not seem that great.

Something has changed with me and I think I have realized a key to makeing the transition to eating raw. One of the keys to getting out of a cycle is to be grateful and look to the positive. I try to think of at least three things that I am grateful for. I also think to myself how happy I feel eating this way. For example, at the theater today I really wanted to eat some popcorn with everyone else, in fact I could hear people munching the corn and see my daughter eating the popcorn and smell it. It was tempting but I told myself how good I felt by eating raw and felt gratefulfor that. I feared I would eat some and simply binge out on other cooked foods so I made the decision not to eat any. I did not feel deprived at all. I love popcorn but I have had enough in my lifetime now I want good health and to lose weight.

making changes is hard to do but I am looking forward to the rewards in eating a raw diet and the rewards outweigh the temptation.

Love pam

Date: January 13, 2009 04:14PM

I wake up this morning feeling like I just don't want to get out of bed, I don't want to deal with today at all. Its no special day The same ol things as usual its just my attitude. I started feeling this way yesterday, I wanted to sleap all day and night as well. Also the negative thoughts are back, I am not sure if other people get this but I think I have a big dose of recolecting the misery of my past and wondering about what if things were different bla bla bla. Not to progressive or positive. Just digging a huge hole in the ground.

I missed making my green smoothie yesterday and ate a banana and a couple of spoon fulls of hemp seeds. The one vice I have of drinking coffee still stands, I woke up this morning wanting a cup of coffee feeling lost without that habit. Something has got to give. I gues I got to give myself a shakedown and make some changes. Perhaps stop the coffee altogether and stop eating after 5 p.m.

I should be jumping for joy because I lost 11 pounds in 12 days but instead I find myself in a slump. I want to be normal weight right now its frusterateing to think I already lost that weight last year but gained almost all of it back by eating the cooked foods. If I would have kept up eating raw I would be almost at my goal weight. I feel a need to exersize but my lazy bone is holding me back on that for now.

I'll snap out of it sooner or later, perhaps I should make a green smoothie and get out and do something physical, maybe that would help me feel better about today.

Posted by: tglasco4 ()
Date: January 13, 2009 09:05PM

i know exactly how you feel. With me its usually related to situations going on in my life (these days financial mostly). i always find that when i get outside and run or power walk in the open air, i always feel better. Particularly when the sun is out nice and strong. THere have been times when i have pray and to talk myself into getting out of bed and getting dressed to get out for some exercise. When i am successful in getting out, my mood is always the better for it. i don't know if you have had some outdoor activity as such, but maybe its worth a try. Not all our days will be dark ones. i pray you snap out of it very soon and feel wonderfully both physically and emotionally.

Grace and Peace be multiplied unto you.

todd

Date: January 14, 2009 06:57AM

Thankyou tg, for the encourageing words

I went outside and shoveled some gravel that needed spreading on the muddy areas in my driveway. It really brought some things in perspective and felt good. I was breathing in clear clean air and sweating a little. The exersize helped me a little I was still grumpy throughout the day but I felt better and not overwhelmed. I had a nice green smoothie and ate some banana and had a cabage salad later. I do feel good eating raw foods but it is not a cure all for everything in my life.

The work outside helped me stop thinking within. I feel overwhelmed with so many changes I want to make sometimes. Everything I am use to doing without question is being questioned now from the way I breath to the way I go to the bathroom from not useing soap or shampoo to learning how to chew my food differently. Sometimes I feel like an alien in this world. I really don't mind being different though I have always been a nonconformist in a way.

I am thinking I will need to make some written goals for the day. That might help a little.

I stopped eating at 6 p.m. tonight. Lets see if that helps with my mood tomorrow.

good night all
Pam

Date: January 14, 2009 07:20PM

hey Pam smiling smiley Sharrhan posted this link and ive been using this little goal setting program for a week or so now smiling smiley

its really a helpfull little tool smiling smiley

[www.lifesciencetools.com]

Date: January 15, 2009 03:58PM

thanks Jody, I'll give that a try(smiles)

I am happy to say I have been raw this year except for the coffee that is.

I usually don't feel hungry till mid morning so I make a big green smoothie and have about six cups and share the rest with the family members who will be brave enough to drink them. Yesterday I made a smoothie and added a whole orange with some juice and strawberries and a mixture of lettuce. I did not like it all that much as it was a little bitter but I ended up drinking four cups of it. I had a banana and a couple of manderines and an avacado. I tried to make this cabbage reciepe from 12 steps to raw and really don't like it to much but ate it because I did'nt want to waste. Overall I really don't feel a need to eat that much. In the past It concerned me that i was not getting enough calories but I realize now that eating raw is a whole different ball game than eating cooked and one just does not need that much food in order to maintain ones body. Perhaps I would require more food if I were more physical but for now I feel satisfied.

I am trying to stop eating in the evening and it seems that 6.oo is the last time I have any food. It gets dark around 4:30 though and I think it would be better for me to stop earlier however since I eat so late in the morning I seem to be qued by my body to eat at around 5:00 or so. I just don't want to get into to much changes right now because I am feeling o.k. about things at this time.

I hope this day is as beautiful as yesterday was. I actually saw some blue sky and the sun came out. The ground is starting to dry up a bit from all the rains we had last week. I hope to get some work done outside today.

Have a good day all
Pam

Date: January 15, 2009 04:16PM

hey Pam , you are so right about feeling satisfied .. if thats how you feel then go with it !

ive been going to bed a bit earlier then usual .. so i dont eat so late .. but now im finding im getting up way early then normal lol .. i need to find something to do at 5 am .. the pool is open here at that time but i dont know if i have THAT much energy to go swimming so early lol .. ive been going at the end of the day since the beginning of the year

yesterday we were socked in with fog and it never did get a chance to lift .. this morning looks the same but i hope it burns off cuz i saw a bit of blue too wayyyyyyyyyy off south lol smiling smiley

would you beleive i saw some crocus sprouts popping up thru the dirt yesterday .. they are natures little trooper .. always the first to charge on ahead despite all the obstacles

we could learn alot from crocuses ! lol smiling smiley or is it croci ? (plural like cactus/cacti ?? ) hah !

Date: January 16, 2009 10:13PM

I am feeling like I need to kick it up a bit and make a move to stop drinking the coffee. Really coffee is very bad for ones health and I usually put milk in it. I have started weighing myself daily and had a gain of 2 pounds It could be the time of day but I feel that drinking the coffee is holding me back in my goal to be more aldoline rather than acid. I am ready for this change and kind of excited to have a change.

I have been drinking green smoothies every day this month and am really noticing some differences. I was looking at the color of my eyes and they are starting to look brighter and clearer, the whites are still blood shot. I look foreward to haveing my smoothie. I have been trying to "chew" the smoothie but is already chewed so its odd. I am haveing a lot of gas but after I stop the coffee/milk each day we will see if the stinky gas goes away.

I finally found a young coconut and tried it this morning. I thought the water from it to be much tastier than the other coconut water I have had. The flesh was tasty but the texture was real slimey. I ended up blending the pulp with the water and thought it tasted good. I put it in my morning smoothie. Not sure just what I think of the young coconut, I have been wanting to try it for so long but it really didnt thrill me all that much. A good pear seems to taste better than that.

I hope to try a durian now

I did do some exersize this morning but I really lack enthusiasim on that. I did not shovel gravel but that seems to be funner than exersizeing.

Got to go for now
Pam

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: January 17, 2009 04:36AM

Hi Pam,
Congrats on doing the exercise this morning. It was cold here today and I was super-lazy and stayed home rather than walk to the gym. No regrets; tomorrow I'll work out. I'm anxious to try a durian sometime too; I've heard SO much about them-- pro and con. I have a feeling I'll love them though.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: January 18, 2009 07:10PM

I had a wonderful time yesterday at a raw food class. I met some people and talked with some like minded peeps. It was so fun. I learned to make some thi food and ate these sea weeds that tasted just like noodles.

Yesterday I ate more food than usual though... I even munched late at night and I got some fancy stuff in a jar that was a mixture of olives tomatoe and peppers and ate the whole jar on lettuce it just tasted so good so saturday was a big eating day for me and I am afraid to weigh myself.

Pam

Date: January 18, 2009 08:23PM

Mmmmmm.... yum! I'm gettin' hungry now, Pam. Sometimes you just have to go with it and enjoy yourself. Those olives, tomatoes and peppers sound delish; I'm glad I don't have any in the house right now or I'd be going off my juice fast.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: January 19, 2009 08:08AM

I will have to get back to my green smoothies tomorrow.. I have been eating raw but lots of different foods this weekend.

Tonight the family had spagetti and that is one food I have a hard time with so I bought a container of fresh salsa and had that with some romaine lettuce than I ate some grapes and mixed the salsa with the grapes, the spicey tangy and sweet was a real taste sensation.

I am thinking I will have to figure out some raw foods to prepare I hope to make the same dish I tasted this weekend for the family. They just see me eating odd foods and perhaps they would enjoy this.

I ate so much this weekend I am afraid to weigh myself at my tops meeting.

night all
Pam

Date: January 22, 2009 02:46PM

I have not had a green smoothie since last friday and I sure feel the difference. I am feeling real edgey and off. I feel like I went off the raw diet last saturday when I ate that jar of yumyum stuff. I reread the jar yesterday and realized there were more things in it that were not raw, I should have known, I also popped some corn and had it with brewers yeast. Now I am feeling foggy in the brain and tired. I have been haveing those self defeating thoughts that just pop into my head as well. Yesterday I just wanted to sleap even though I wanted to get things done I took a small nap. Well I still feel I am raw though and will make a green smoothie today and hopefully start feeling better.

Date: January 23, 2009 02:36AM

I have not had coffee since last saturday and I think that is one of the reasons for my agitated feelings. I have been wanting cooked foods or something heavy. The only thing I allow myself is popcorn with brewers yeast and a splash of oil to stick it to the popcorn. I hope to get it together so I don't have to eat the popcorn but for now its working. I feel better today since I had that green smoothie. I mixed collards with mango and fresh orange juice with some chia seeds and banana. I think I am going to have to figure out some very flavorful dishes to make because I crave hot and spicy foods. I feel great that I have stopped drinking the coffee but I am struggleing right now with the rawness. I realize how the cooked foods affect me so badly so that does motivate me to keep going in this direction.

have a good night all
Pam

Date: January 28, 2009 10:24PM

Its been a while since I last wrote on hear. My computer got some sort of virus and could not work so well.
I have been doing real well eating raw foods. I am learning how to prepare some raw dishes and I hope that will help me when I feel I need something special and full of flavor. The raw dishes are not all that healthy in my opinion because of the need for sweetners or oils or excesive nuts. I made some chocolate chip cookies that were real tasty and nutricious and I made a flavorful dish for the family but the only one who ate joyfully was my two year old grand son, he loved the raw spring rolls especially. I hope to learn to prepare some foods the family will enjoy and entice them to eat more raw foods. The thi curry over kelp noodles was to rich for me and the family really didnt enjoy them. I don't think I will prepare that again, but the cookies and spring rolls were real tasty. Unfortnatly just eating those foods makes me not lose weight so I have to watch it with the specially prepared raw foods.

I have been drinking wheat grass every morning since friday and am starting to feel a difference especially in my gums. I reread ann wigmores wheatgrass book and feel enspired to start up the wheatgrass. It has so many cleansing properties for the body I can't deny my body the benifitts from wheat grass juice. I am makeing attempts to grow the stuff once again. I also have a dog who is fairly old and has a very bad ear infection who has benifitted from wheat grass juice. I have been giveing him a couple of ounces of grass in his food. The next day he was acting like a pup chaseing snow balls, he usually lays around and has no interest in playing but lately he has been more active. I can see in his eyes he feels better and the ear invection seems to be clearing up. Today I gave him a bath and cleaned out his ears and put some grass inside his ears. I am hopeing he will get better because I can't afford a vet at this time. I have two other family members who are taking a ounce or two of grass and have persuaded my 11 year old to have a half of an ounce. My 11 year old seems to balk at the thought of eating fresh foods. She is stubborn.

I have been trying something called maca and find it very energizeing. I am feeling more focused since I have been takeing it. I usually put three tspoons in my green smoothie. so far I am haveing no issues with it I just am not sure how much to take in a day. I still am reading stuff on it but so far I am sold on what it has. I think its good stuff.

I have been haveing chia seeds almost daily I really don't feel any different when I take them but from what I have read they have some good things in them.

I am trying goji berries as well they sure have lots of seeds in them though and i am not all that fond of the taste so I don't eat them to oftain.

The best thing I have been eating are my green smoothies I sure notice when I have missed a green smoothie. Most of the food I eat is a green smoothie I try to chew it rather than gulp it down though.

I am thinking about starting some enimas for a while This is one thing ann wigmore suggests in her book and I really don't like the thought of doing it but
it may have some bennifitts that will help me for a while.

I am feeling better each day but when I don't have my green smoothie I start feeling foggy headed. A couple of weeks ago I was on the edge of going off my rawness but I allowed myself to eat as much popcorn with brewers yeast and oil as I wanted and the feeling passed after a couple of days but I started feeling the memory loss and foggey headedness from eating the popcorn. There is a price to pay when not eating raw. I am learning.

have a great day
Pam

Posted by: tglasco4 ()
Date: January 29, 2009 10:58PM

Hi Pam,

Have you ever tried just eating raw yourself and letting your family eat they way they are used to? If you are the food preparer that could be difficult on some levels, but if you could do that you could be learning for yourself and set a good example for your family. That way you could try different things and come up with a list of recipes you personally enjoy.

grace and peace to you on your journey

todd

Date: January 31, 2009 02:22AM

Your right about that, todd, but you see I have made some different things and the family tasted them and thought them real nasty so I thought for fun I would try to make a good dinner for them every once in a while. Since I have been raw the family is eating much better and more aware of their health. I am an example to my family and they are makeing slow changes. I worry about my 11 year old because she balks at the thought of eating some salad or even cooked vegitables and she tends to get sick oftain. One thing I am changing is the high frutos corn syrup. That stuff is everywhere and it does not do your body good so I am trying to purchase foods for them that does not have that ingredient. So far they are going along with that. I am not wanting to push this on them but I sure don't want some of these foods in the house.

I am loseing weight which is great. I had a real bad head cold yesterday and it is still lingering on but yesterday was awful my nose was running and eyes watering and I was real tired. I did not eat much yesterday but I was hungry but I just felt like I should get some rest from digesting food and I think it helped my body to heal.

I have been reading some about ginko for my memory issues and am thinking of including it in my diet. In many ways it is very good for ones brain function and I am thinking it wouldnt hurt to take it. I just don't like taking pills but I don't think I could find the plant around and I wouldnt know how much I should eat. Perhaps there is a place for taking pills.

I planted 5 trays of wheat grass and hope they grow well. The dog looks much better since I have been giveing him some wheat grass. I have been taking 2 ounces a day now and perhaps I should up that amount. I would like to soak in wheat grass I did that one time and it made my skin feel real soft.

I am excited to lose weight and I feel real good eating raw foods. I just wish I could get some energy and start feeling more focused on getting some of my projects done.

Have a good day
Pam

Date: February 01, 2009 10:32PM

>I am excited to lose weight and I feel real good eating raw foods. I just wish I could get some energy and start feeling more focused on getting some of my projects done.<

That's GREAT that you're losing weight, Pam! You should be really proud. Ha ha, I'm noticing something interesting: you're losing weight, but wishing you could get more projects done. I've finally started getting my music projects off the ground, but this winter I'm gaining weight and I can't stand it!

Life can seem like a roller coaster. Just when we 'fix' one thing, another area of our lives seems to 'spring a leak' that needs attending to. I've been trying to follow the advice of all those advanced souls who say to see the good in everything and go with the flow, and then it'll all work out smoothly, and the problems will get healed quicker... but alas, I usually put myself through the emotional wringer first and have a good old-fashioned freak-out, before surrendering and letting go.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: February 02, 2009 07:53PM

Ha Ha kwan, I have been through the ringer many times. Thats such an old statement. One my mother used it came from useing the old time ringer washer and sometimes the booby got through the ringer, I'm sure not to oftain though tehe....Ouch.

I have been trying to think positive and look at the good and all that but sometimes a good "FREEK OUT' is propably just what the doctor orders. It should get the blood floowing in ways that is exceralated. Like rideing a wild horse with no reins.

Today was an official weigh in and I lost a wopping 8.6 pounds in two weeks.

I have not been doing all that well lately though I made some "raw cookies" and I am thinking I should focus on the live green foods because I have been haveing some craveings and have not made any green smoothies lately. I have been eating the popcorn with brewers yeast the past two days and feeling like tottering on the cooked side of life. I will make myself a green smoothie today and slap myself into shape. I also have been munching nuts and that really is a down fall for me. The nuts are just sitting ther easy to get and eat no preperation involved. I call them junk food now.

I found a great story of a man who lost weight by eating green smoothies and right now he is one of my inspirations. [www.greensmoothierevolution.com]
He lost all that weight and did not have to deal with the loose skin. I have heard of several raw foodists who lose large amounts of weight and the skin tightens up with the weight loss. When people get the gastric bypass the skin just hangs on them and they usually have to get surgery to address the lose skin issue.

I hope to get out and exersize more I have noticed I am walking with more energy and bounce. I just got to get something going for the exersize. I hope to get out this summer and go on some hikes ini the mountains so I better get myself in better shape, I only have five monthes till summer.

Today is a very nice sunney cold day and I got to get outside and get something done on the garden so by for now.

Pam

Date: February 08, 2009 03:58AM

Pam everytime i read your posts you always say you arent doing very good and yet I always see you making huge positive strides in your life smiling smiley

huge kudos to you girl, cut yourself some slack an give yourself a hug once in awhile smiling smiley

Date: February 20, 2009 07:06PM

how ya doin my girl ! miss yer posts smiling smiley

Date: March 27, 2009 09:41PM

I love you Jodi you are such a wise and helpful person. thanks a bunch.

I have taken a big break from my diary due to a set back... I fell and couldnt get up.

I am so frusterated with things about this diet. I start feeling better after eating raw foods and boom I eat something cooked and I am back eating cooked and getting vertigo and feeling a loss in memory and gaining weight back ect ect....
I can't keep doing this to my body. Its best to make changes slowly but I am so much on the fast zone that I want change now. The on and off between raw and cooked is very hard on the body.

I have made some progress though and do realize that. I am a fighter not a quitter.

I am wondering if I should allow myself some cooked food once in a while or just work it out to be raw? One suggestion is to write down the foods you crave and have a day of eating that but I am not sure how healthy that would be for my body. I guess just writing down the foods you crave helps with the temptation. My other thought is to just tough it out until I get use to being raw and realize I should not let cooked foods touch my lips.

I have not had solid food now for 12 days and intend to continue drinking juices for a while. Wheather this is bad for my health or not I am so frusterated with bouncing around with my eating that this juice fast will help me clear my mind and try to fins a game plan to stick with this raw eating.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: March 28, 2009 01:39AM

Hi Pam!

I hope you are ok now.

I'm wondering if you ever tried Iodine yet? It might help out with metabolism, and thyroid, among other things.

All you can do is what you can do, and that's going on your timeline. I think if you add in 1 planned cooked meal a day, and then the rest of the day before and or after the cooked meal, make it all raw that would be helpful.

I'm wishing you all the best, and we all are supporting you.

Love,
Prism

Date: March 29, 2009 02:25PM

Hi Pam!
So good to hear from you again. It's been a long, cold winter, and I know it can be really hard staying 100% raw sometimes. Here's an idea: how about having steamed vegetables for dinner? Even Herbert Shelton recommended steamed vegetables.

Sending you
A BIG HUG.

Love,

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: March 29, 2009 03:33PM

aww thanks Kwan,
As for the weather we have 1/2 a foot of snow right now. I was hopeing to get some work on my garden but this weather is real different. We usually don't get snow this late. Its pretty though and last night the flakes were as big as my hand dropping instead of lightly falling from the sky.

Date: March 29, 2009 10:00PM

I love you too Pam !

you know one thing that i have really been identifying lately is the connection between cravings . i mentioned this to someone else i can make a peice of raw zuchini taste like fried chicken just based on the combo of oil and spices i use .. so am i really craving fried chicken or just the flavor? know what i mean?

maybe its time for you to really start getting personal with your food .. if pizza is your pleasure .. have a peice .. savor it .. identify the flavors in it that really tickle your tastebuds and figure out a way to get those same sensations in your raw foods ,, is it the tomato? the cheese ? the smoked meat? all these things are easily duplicated .. or is it the texture .. the squishiness the chewiness ...again easily duplicated with some experimenting

this is just an example .. whatever your cravings are you should be able to find something as equal or better that is better for you health overall .. if was to eat chocolate even i would eat the bestest raw chocolate ever that i could find over some peice of 1$ crap in the store .. you are so worth it ..whatever you do give yourself the best you can ..ive even told this to my carnivore friends if you are going to eat meat then get the best , kindest , natural organic you can .. if you are going to eat that then give yourself the best

i find you to be one of the most inspiring people on this site because you never give up and you are always trying something new that in itself shows how dedicated you are to improving your health and you are so helpfull to others in that respect when you share your experiences wether it is success or failure

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2009 10:03PM by Jgunn.

Current Page: 18 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables