Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Did I miss something?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 20, 2013 01:19AM

I was looking at a post by Powerlifer. What happened with her? Her account was terminated? I thought I just read a post of hers recently.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Did I miss something?
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: April 20, 2013 01:24AM

there was a huge discussion you may have missed. [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Date: April 20, 2013 01:42AM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> there was a huge discussion you may have missed.
> [www.rawfoodsupport.com]
> 2555#msg-222555

Oh boy...I do remember that and for some reason I thought at the end of the thread it had been resolved. sad smiley

That really sucks. She was very knowledgeable.

Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: April 20, 2013 01:48AM

I think powerlifter was a mansmiling smiley

And.. I read somewhere that he deactivated because of all the drama.

Date: April 20, 2013 02:07AM

Michele, I used to think so, too! LOL--nope, it's a woman...I think...

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: April 20, 2013 03:26AM

This seems unfortunate. I think that it is a positive thing to have a discussion, and that questioning ideas should not be coupled with personal attacks. I have been on this forum for a long time too and I can relate to some of the things Powerlife was saying.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: April 20, 2013 11:30AM

Petition for Powerlife return. How many signatures do we need?

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 20, 2013 11:37AM

???

if people like to see other people getting derailed, probably people here are not really into raw. This forum is the MOST lenient I've ever seen. talking every day about the dangers of raw food gets OLD

Date: April 20, 2013 04:59PM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
> Petition for Powerlife return. How many signatures
> do we need?

That's a good idea!! I'm game smiling smiley I think the main thing would be if someone communicates with her outside this forum, s/he could give the word that she's missed and that we want her back.

Panchito, I am not 100% raw. I am not even high-raw. Has hearing about the benefits of being so influenced me to change my ways? Powerlifer's views are needed BECAUSE of people like me! It's daunting to deal only with those who are "perfect" or nearly "perfect." I don't think PL was deliberately trying to troll people into eating cooked. There were a couple of "people" (I think it was one person with a sock puppet) who seemed trollish in that sense. When I brought it up, they stopped posting.

Date: April 20, 2013 05:21PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2013 05:21PM by banana who.

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: April 20, 2013 06:10PM

Powerlife we want you back.

Date: April 20, 2013 06:32PM

Panchito Wrote:
> ???
>
> if people like to see other people getting
> derailed, probably people here are not really into
> raw. This forum is the MOST lenient I've ever
> seen. talking every day about the dangers of raw
> food gets OLD

Panchito, what do you make of this post by David Wolfe yesterday?

<<<Lots of people have made good points. And there have been a lot of personal attacks too. I've made my recommendations to Longevity Warehouse (which no matter how much you accuse and attack is not my site or my business). They can do what they wish. I've been a vegetarian for 25 years and a vegan 99% of that time. But I know as a nutritionist that there is a place for vegan, vegetarian, and animal products too. The radical vegans find out (sooner or later) that their diet is not all it was cracked up to be. After the dental damage, connective tissue problems, the neurological damage, etc. the radical vegans are forced to change their tune. Freelee and the 80-10-10 people have injured a lot of people with their dietary advice and if there is anything that is morally wrong and unethical, its hiding that fact. Its a tough position to be in: to be a vegetarian and see the place for animal products. But that has been my experience, no matter how many people don't like it.>>>

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2013 06:39PM by banana who.

Date: April 20, 2013 06:39PM

Cont. This officially blows my mind. I heard rumblings about DW's diet but brushed it off because gossip is notoriously inaccurate. I have two of his books, which I will refer to when I return home today. I don't remember him advocating for any animal product, but I could be mistaken.

Not to derail this thread, but one aspect of the controversy about selling deer antler and colostrum is that we have to remember that all vegans are not doing it for love of animals! Same with vegetarians! Some come to it because of environmental concerns or health reasons. I say this because I am torn between not really being too shocked that these raw fooders would sell animals and wanting them to abide by such things.

Date: April 20, 2013 06:59PM

I think you guys are asking to MODIFY the guideliness of the forum. That would be the appropiate and real petition. Otherwise it is a fools forum. Impersonating fake vegans and tell them that they are in danger is not really what I would consider seriousness.

Date: April 20, 2013 07:12PM

Panchito Wrote:
> I think you guys are asking to MODIFY the
> guideliness of the forum. That would be the
> appropiate and real petition. Otherwise it is a
> fools forum. Impersonating fake vegans and tell
> them that they are in danger is not really what I
> would consider seriousness.

LOL--I have always been straight-forward about what I eat. I have suggested that it is better to allow the discussion than try to suppress it. In resisting, we create blockages. It's only in freedom that real change can occur. When unrestricted ideas are allowed to exist, it's easier to accept them. I don't think Powerlifer was pretending to be something she wasn't, either.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 20, 2013 07:20PM

:'(

I missed all of this. Unhappy news, I'll miss Chris and all his factual knowledge. He had a lot of good stuff to say. Helped me get thyroid issues in hand, adrenal stuff too. I couldn't thank him enough for all he's done for me.

Date: April 20, 2013 07:21PM

this is what happens. If people fail at raw vegan, the usually take the opposite diet instead of trying to figure out the problem. This is what they do in all diets. Once the switch is made, it is all about justifying their choice and bringing people to their side. Look at who succeed and who doesn't and learn from the ones that last. If David Wolf is now a flextarian, so be it. Who cares. Never looked up to him for anything.

Date: April 20, 2013 07:32PM

We cannot just dismiss what Wolf said. Pure veganism does not work.
Moderator can you bring Powerlife back. Many miss him.

Date: April 20, 2013 07:40PM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
> We cannot just dismiss what Wolf said. Pure
> veganism does not work.
> Moderator can you bring Powerlife back. Many miss
> him.

So, where do they fail or did you make a typo? hey, look outside this forum. There are many many people who are vegans and successful. Plenty of of them. From being raw-vegan to being a vegan there is long way. From raw-vegan to paleo there is a whole mentality game.

Date: April 20, 2013 07:55PM

coco Wrote:
> :'(
>
> I missed all of this. Unhappy news, I'll miss
> Chris and all his factual knowledge. He had a lot
> of good stuff to say. Helped me get thyroid issues
> in hand, adrenal stuff too. I couldn't thank him
> enough for all he's done for me.

Whoa...hold up--PL is a HE? First I thought he was a he, then I thought someone said he was a she and now he's a he again? And Back to Eden...I see he's a he and I thought he was a she, too. winking smiley In terms of B2E, there was a thread about gay people and he asked me if I agreed with certain sexual practices and I wondered aloud why the post was allowed to stand. I did not complain (and my wondering was NOT hinting to have his post removed) but I was asking because I have had some of my posts removed and a thread locked and this seemed a lot worse to me. So B2E asked to be deactivated but I see that his account is still active, although he hasn't posted as of late. I just want him to know that I wish he'd come back, too. Even though I disagree with some of his beliefs, I welcome those who differ from my ideas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2013 07:59PM by banana who.

Date: April 20, 2013 07:58PM

Panchito Wrote:

> So, where do they fail or did you make a typo?
> hey, look outside this forum. There are many many
> people who are vegans and successful. Plenty of of
> them. From being raw-vegan to being a vegan there
> is long way. From raw-vegan to paleo there is a
> whole mentality game.

There is not a single life form practicing pure veganism in the wild. Even cows eat insects, bugs.
Pure veganism fails with human because we have to wash to veggies, we cannot eat bugs, insects.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2013 08:00PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: April 20, 2013 08:13PM

RawPracticalist Wrote:

> There is not a single life form practicing pure
> veganism in the wild.
Even cows eat insects, bugs.
>
> Pure veganism fails with human because we have to
> wash to veggies, we cannot eat bugs, insects.

plants are life forms and practice veganism smiling smiley And a cow is not evrybody. But what are you trying to prove? hey, I got news. yes, cows can live without eating bugs jeje (baby cheesus have mercy on my)

backwards joke: giraffes live because they can reach and eat the eggs on the bird nests

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2013 08:17PM by Panchito.

Date: April 20, 2013 08:19PM

LOL...I see in my OP that I keep saying HER, HER, HER...

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 20, 2013 09:24PM

banana who,

powerlifer wanted to leave for his own reasons. Perhaps he's still checking out these threads from time to time, in which case, "Hellloooooooooo, buddy!" grinning smiley

Date: April 20, 2013 10:08PM

Tamukha Wrote:
> banana who,
>
> powerlifer wanted to leave for his own reasons.
> Perhaps he's still checking out these threads from
> time to time, in which case, "Hellloooooooooo,
> buddy!" grinning smiley

Absolutely, Tam. And I believe there are some on here who communicated with HIM outside of this site and I hope they let him know that we want him back! smiling smiley

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: April 20, 2013 10:46PM

The forum needs powerlifer. He is very bright.

Posted by: BJ ()
Date: April 21, 2013 12:08AM

Panchito, how many years / decades have you been a successful 100% raw fooder that you can speak as an authority on everyone else's body?

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: April 21, 2013 03:58AM

<<<I think you guys are asking to MODIFY the guideliness of the forum. That would be the appropiate and real petition. Otherwise it is a fools forum. Impersonating fake vegans and tell them that they are in danger is not really what I would consider seriousness.>>>

Chris admitted that he only ate 20% Raw Food and was constantly saying that a Raw Vegan Diet is NOT our Natural Diet and that Fasting and Juice Fasting/Feasting was of NO Value. I’ve had dozens of discussions with Chris which all started and ended well, until he REFUSED to address my point that we have damaged our bodies and our environment and some of us have to Modify our Natural Raw Vegan Diet in order to get some Level 2 Nutrients, like B12 and DHA. Chris also NEVER acknowledged that our Anatomy is clearly that of a Raw Vegan and all he could do is keep repeating that Plant Foods don’t have some Level 2 Nutrients and, therefore, we are NOT RAW VEGANS and we should KILL and Eat Animals instead of take Supplements!!!

Sure, Chris had great advice for those with Adrenal Fatigue and Chemical Sensitivities and we need feedback like this because many people can benefit from this type of personal experience, but Chris has no business on a Raw Vegan Website just as much as we have no business to be on a Paleo Website if we are unwilling to discuss the points presented to us like Chris was unwilling to discuss the points presented to him. I have no problem with anyone who wants to discuss these points, but Chris NEVER addressed any of my points which include the fact that our Anatomy is clearly that of a Plant Eater.

Since Chris REFUSED to discuss the issues that really mattered, I for one am THRILLED that Chris is gone and is no longer misguiding people through his limited experience. I’ve coached thousands of people and when some FOOL like Chris comes along and tells people that they should Not do a Juice Fast/Feast, I’m fit to be tied. Chris has NO personal or professional experience to be telling people this and for this reason, I say good riddance.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I could care less if anyone attacks me and I’m attacked quite often, but when anyone attacks the Truth, I will stand up and defend the Truth and that Truth is that we are designed to Eat Plants and we have damaged our bodies and we have damaged our environment and now we have 2 Groups of Needs we must Satisfy. I made this point to Chris countless times and he NEVER had the balls to discuss this with me. Once again, I’d love to discuss this with anyone, but Chris NEVER did and once again, good riddance, otherwise, we have what Panchito said, a FOOLS FORUM.!!!

Peace and Love..........John

Posted by: brome ()
Date: April 21, 2013 06:07AM

When I took animal nutrition at Humboldt State University it was emphasized how critically important the balance of the internal microflora was in digestion for the grazing animal. These beneficial bacteria and a few other organisms help not only in the breakdown of the food but can create needed nutrients like amino acids. When they are not in the right balance the vegetarian animal can starve, or in our case the would be live food vegetarian. As one is working to establish proper health and balance to one's digestion a supplement is needed to prevent starvation, and wheat grass juice is it.

One example: A herd of deer were starving late in the winter (in northern New Mexico I believe). They air lifted alfalfa hay in to save them. They all none the less died. Autopsy revealed they were stuffed full of the alfalfa but that their beneficail microflora in the digestive system was keyed to the twigs and buds of the high winter range and could not aid in the digestion of alfalfa, the most nutritious of all forages. If deer, live food vegetarians their whole lives, with perfectly healthy and clean digestive systems, could starve on the most nutritious forage known; a human struggling to restore health and cleanliness to their digestive system and to become a live foodist certainly can expect gigantic problems with starvation as they also need the proper intestinal microflora to succeed.

Wild grasses sprouting in the spring are also very good and much better tasting than wheat grass. Dried wheat grass is more palatable and is still a good supplement.

In another case sheep moving from one type of shrub mix to another took 10 days of weight loss before their microflora adjusted and they could again get the nutrition they needed from the diet.

This diet just takes a level of perfection not even imagined by most. The idea that one should get alot of variety day to day is just false. The idea that a special treat now and then is OK is false.

Date: April 21, 2013 12:23PM

Thank you brome for the post. The health of the internal microflora is the key, I have come to learn that over the years.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables