Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Transform yourself in 12 weeks - Trial Phase 2
Posted by: Frannie ()
Date: May 06, 2007 12:07PM

Thanks Kwan and Jodi for your kind words, actually I have been feeling frantastic lately just from eating better. I can really feel now how I was hurting my body (my liver?) by eating too much fat. It feels like my whole body is breathing out a huge sigh of relief. I used to eat low fat when I ate cooked, then when I became a raw vegan I started eating huge amounts of fats in the form of nuts and avocadoes and never really gave it a second thought. At first, just eating raw was sufficient for my body to detox and heal but after a while all those fats were holding me back from reaching my true physical potential. I AM SOOOO HAPPY TO BE DOING THIS AT LAST!!!!!

Peisi darling, don't worry, my body is doing the same thing as yours. I am losing inches in certain places and not in others and it's making my thighs look bigger than before. When I look at your photo's I can see your true body emerging in certain places and it's beautiful, whilst it's still covered up in other places. You're a work of art in progress. If we lose all of our excess body fat and sculpt our muscles we can't do anything else but become beautiful, each in our own way. I've always had small breasts and I've always loved them and I hope they won't disappear altogether. And thank you for posting your pics every week.

So, the end of the third week.

I'm staying with my kids Dad in England for 10 days and am finding it hard to get hold of ripe bananas and I feel that I haven't been eating as much fruit as I would have liked to this week. Made me realize how spoilt I am where I live for finding lots of cheap and ripe fruit. I still managed not to overdo the fats though. I get tempted every now and then, especially when fixing things like raw pasta with pesto or quacamole for the kids but I love how I feel too much now to spoil it by a fleeting moment of oral satisfaction smiling smiley

Food:
Orange juice every morning
Green juice every day (celery/cucumber/fennel/red pepper/spinach
No green smoothies because of lack of bananas and I am missing them
Oranges, some pineapple, some apples, some dates (not many)
celery ribs and romaine leaves eaten by themselves
On Thursday I ate a salad of green leaves, tomatoes and one avocado and I had a handful of macadamia's
On Friday I had a little bit of the kids pasta with pesto (with oil and pine nuts)

Excercise:
Long walks in lovely nature, stretching excercises and 7 reps each of the 5 Tibetans

I am catching up on some sleep and I've been sunbathing naked for an hour every day as the weather has been gorgeous.

Observations:
I still have to watch it with fats. Once I tasted that avocado I wanted MORE, ditto for the macadamia's. I feel better eating fats once in a while than a little bit everyday.
I am feeling energetic and happy and am relishing the lovely nature I am in at the moment. This is such a big dilemma for me, I am really craving being in more natural surroudings but there is so much happening in the city that I can't find in the country.
My body looks more toned except for my thighs. I haven't weighed myself yet but I am not doing this to lose weight.
I had a little adventure with fresh garlic leaves but I will write about this in a seperate post.

Love to you all, Francis

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: May 06, 2007 12:22PM

HEre is something interesting for you all to think about:

A weight lifting friend of mine told me that the reason why some people eating a lot of calories still don't lose weight is because we need all the essential amnino acids for our muscles to break down the fat... Therefore it would be good to eat some foods with overt fats to get the amino acids we need, right?

I am gonna do more research into this!!

xxpeisi

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: May 06, 2007 07:56PM

I think you'll find that most fruits contain (all?) amino acids, the building blocks of protein...certainly its a good idea to keep a variety of things, includeing overts in your diet to 'make sure' or simply to regulate your detox. The idea of amino acids breaking down the fat...seems more like pharmaceutical modern-medicine/science to me and makes sense comming from a 'weight-lifter' who i'm unfortunately stereotyping as someone who believes they need to put IN... to get out. The real secret..IMHO is that weight..corresponds to waste and until one cleanses of the waste, its stubbornly remains no matter how much one restricts calories...certainly one can go far enough in that respect that the body starts feeding on itself.

if a conventional body-builder happens to 'get sick' their muscle will rapidly disolve...as most of their muscle..is waste matter and water weight. As for turning fat into muscle (not reducing flab) , i've heard some of Graham's viewpoints on this through his message board...and I agree..its certainly a life-time pursuit.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 06, 2007 08:03PM

anaken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> if a conventional body-builder happens to 'get
> sick' their muscle will rapidly disolve...as most
> of their muscle..is waste matter and water weight.

i have seen this happen to so many bodybuilding friends (the ones that live at the gym AND the ones that take steroids) everytime they get sick and cant keep up the routine they tend to atrophy quickly

case in point , a good friend of mine who injects himself in hte legs with all sorts of roids and b-shots.... he got an abcess and infection at one of those injection sites .. he ended up sick for weeks on antibiotics (they didnt work), he ended up in the hospital one night so fevered , they performed emergency blood transfusions and operation on his leg to remove the damaged tissue. In less than a month his musclulor physique has shrunk considerally. hes walking on crutches now and cant talk about anything else but wanting to get bakc to the gym to regain his *losses* and get back on the *program*

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: bronwynsun ()
Date: May 06, 2007 09:23PM

peisi you are super cute! don't despair, you're a beautiful woman, and like Frncis said, your body is becoming as it was intended to be: natural beauty! keep it up, be patient! i added you on messengersmiling smiley

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 06, 2007 11:34PM

Peisinoe,
I have to totally aggree wity bronwynsun-- you look fabulous. Please know that you are beautiful right now, exactly as you are.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: anna_elle ()
Date: May 07, 2007 01:54PM

Peisi, From what i can see of your pictures, you are beautiful! I don't know what you see in your head as ideal... but from what I can see you look svelte and sexy! How do you FEEL?

There are excercises to target different parts of the body, ie thighs. Personally your thighs look great to me!

A hard bony body (supermodel style) could be less fun than you think.
Inner glow, magical smile and shapely body are attractive and healthy. And I can tell from your pictures and messages you have given yourself all of this.

What you see as problem areas could just be the way your body expresses the female form.
Don't forget to breathe and love yourself.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 07, 2007 07:15PM

My check in...oh boy!

OK so for 12 straight days I had done wonderful, however it didn't stick. I got weak and splurged then splurged some more and more until a full meal and then coffee again (one cup a day for 2 days).

So now I assess the damage and I have concluded that I must transition (I'd say again, however last time I went cold turkey). I am going to faze out coffee, because though I know that it is only an adrenalin rush and leaves me more tired - by the time it makes me more tired it is time for me to go to bed...so it probably is justification but I really like coffee and I am going to keep a cup a day for a bit.

I am going to strive very much to eat raw all day! Eating raw for breakfast and lunch and throughout the day - has become second nature to me and I can't envision not doing that, so now I work to make dinner become second nature too!

I am working on this because I do want this very much but I realize that I will keep falling if I don't work toward a truly permanent habit. I thought that for me the way to become fully 80-10-10 was to be fully extreme and jump head long, however that has never really worked for me in the past with anything. So I will go about it with a transition. I don't want my food to consume my every thought and for the last few weeks it feels as though it has.

I don't want to feel disappointed in myself for having a cup of coffee, I don't want to worry so much about my ratio of 80-10-10 exactly mapping it all out every meal...In eating just fruit and a little veggies with dinner I know that I stay close to 80-10-10 and I am not so worried about my calorie intake - and for now I am just not going to be as consumed by it all. I am going to do it but it is just apart of life, not a new diet, or 90 day commitment - though I am very committed, if that makes sense.

I am re-reading the 80-10-10 diet to get more enthusiasm for the whole process and I am going to move forward. Right now I am in transition...I am by far more 80-10-10 than not I just don't want it to be all I think, dream and do...I need my dinner to become just as natural as my mid-morning half of watermelon.

This weekend hubby and I walked 4 miles with the kids in the stroller and we will be starting our marathon training this next weekend - we head back to the gym today and our whole family is very excited about that!!

So that is where am at with this journey! Continuing on and moving forward!

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: May 08, 2007 01:51AM

Thanks so much to everyone sharing great tips and hints, and sharing your experience!!!

Question to anyone that knows the answer (hopefully someone does): How can I assess my body fat (without having to see anyone to do it for me) accurately?

Peisi, you are beautiful!!! I've been wondering, Peisi, are you a little bit like me? My husband tells me that I am pretty. But I think that I am old and ugly (mind you, that photo of me currently in my signature was taken 3 years ago, I hate every recent one of me). I hate my wobbly bits, I hate my sagging skin. I took a whole-body photo of myself and thought, perhaps I do not look that bad?? Some guy was trying to chat me up in the sauna recently. Why would he??? Is it because he just loves chatting? Luke told me that it is because I am pretty, but I do not understand. That guy was married. ?? I tend to be a perfectionist, and have very high expectations of myself at work, home etc. Perhaps, I am too hard on myself overall. Are you too, Peisi?

My measurements: height 162.5 cm (not sure about that 0.5, just trying to make myself taller ha ha), chest 82 cm (but cup B, I am definitely NOT flat-chested), arms 27 cm, waist 67 cm, thighs 48.5 cm, calves, 34.5 cm, hips 88 cm. I don't really care how these change as I go. I want to be more muscly and less fatty though.

Not feeling very good lately. Have a lower-back pain, due to sitting in a bad posture while marking. I can't see how I could go on a bike like this. Getting in and out of the car, getting out of the bed, putting socks on etc etc is a problem. Somehow I managed to go to the gym yesterday. If I am like this for too long, I might go to see a chiro.

Me checking in:
week 1
Day1
- watermelon, bananas, apples, salted (non-raw) pistachios, carrot-apple juice (leftover from the pulp-making process for the carrot cake)
- no exercise
Day 2
- watermelon, bananas, persimmons, (non-raw) crisps (my salt addiction)
- visit to a gym, shaking muscles afterwards
Day 3
- watermelon, bananas, persimmons, bananas
- biking (15 km in a hilly area, 1 hour)
Day 4
- watermelon, persimmons, bananas, sushi
- rest, my muscles are sore
Day 5
- watermelon, salad (with salted olives), bananas, lettuce wraps, dates
- rest, sore muscles still
Day 6
- pineapple, watermelon, lettuce wraps, dates
- rest
Day 7
- banana smoothie, lettuce wraps, watermelon, persimmons
- 10 laps at the pool, much better form than last time, did not feel exhasuted as much!
- developed back pain (marking assignments while sitting for too long in a bad posture, did one wrong move and from then on eeck!)

I am definitely addicted to salt. Unsalted cooked foods do not tempt me. Salted cooked/raw foods do. I resigned myself to it for now. Having no power to deal with much for now. sad smiley

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2007 01:53AM by rawgosia.

Date: May 08, 2007 03:47AM

hey rawgosia, I sent you a message cos my response was pretty long and personal. grinning smiley

But in short, yes... My husband tells me I am beautiful all the time, but I just have that perfectionist's itch...

Just a little more toned, just eat a little better, 15 more minutes at the gym, just walk from one extra bus stop.... etc... I have to control myself to not overdo it and just chill out lots of the time, but I am getting better!! Much more relazed and laid back, and that makes me happy...

But oh, on my bad days...

xxpeisi

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: May 08, 2007 04:06AM

rawgosia Wrote:

>
> I am definitely addicted to salt. Unsalted cooked
> foods do not tempt me. Salted cooked/raw foods do.
> I resigned myself to it for now. Having no power
> to deal with much for now. sad smiley

gosia

i've gotten back pain from eating salt (or so i believe)...

Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: May 08, 2007 05:11PM

Hi guys,

I just got done reading all your posts. Looks like most of us have had ups and downs this last week.

Talking about addictions, wow, I got sucked in by fat addiction this last week. Not sure if it was more physiological or emotional, but I think I need to join a Fataholics anonymous group.

The gory details are on my blog, but basically, as I was making my family a salad one night, I decided to eat an avocado along with them (prior to this I was trying to go w/o overt fats to see how I felt and also because I knew it would detox me quicker) and it had been a long time since I'd had an avo or even wanted one.

the next day, I had 2

and the next day.

I had 1-2 avos a day for 6 days. That may not sound like very much to most of you, but I'm not eating 3000 calories a day - more like 1/2 that right now, so it really was too much for my body to handle.

I've been sluggish, slightly nauseous after the avos, cranky and miserably addicted to avo all week.

Thankfully I don't want any other kind of overt fats. I tried a couple of almonds last night and they were dry and nasty in my mouth. (I had purposely NOT bought avos at the store yesterday so I wouldn't have an excuse to have some that night).

Some may say, what's the big deal about avo? Well, besides the fact that it is messing with my body, I don't like the feeling I get that I'm a slave to it emotionally. One of the reasons I even went raw in the first place was to learn to have a healthier relationship with my food, and this is a huge step back.

So this week I'd like to work on kicking it out of my diet, at least until I think I have learned enough self control to be able to have a couple of bites or 1/2 an avo w/o having to have 20 more bites. I'm giving myself all week to do this.

I'm also being easy on myself emotionally this week because of some family troubles.

Keep hanging in there, you guys! We can all make it and learn to be at peace with ourselves!

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Date: May 08, 2007 06:21PM

I so know how you feel Sarah, I'm avoiding avocado's for the same reason at the moment. I don't feel I can have a small bit without wanting to have more. I haven't given in yet but it has been touch and go a couple of times. All that has been holding me back is how wonderful I'm feeling without them but is not easy going yet.

Francis

Date: May 08, 2007 11:23PM

Fresh, do you have some logical argument to back up your claim? I would be interested to hear. My salt addiction is a source of many miseries, for sure. sad smiley

Yep, Sarah, and isn't funny. I was supposed to just having been doing the diet and exercise thing, and my diet is crashing. So is my exercise plan, due to my lower back pain. Perhaps there are some lessons that I need to learn that I haven't planned for?

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: May 09, 2007 12:03AM

hmm well .. excessive salt in your diet (raising sodium levels) causes your calcium and potassium to unbalance or lower .. potasium is needed to produce glycogen .. glycogen in your muscles fuels exercise ... lower glycogen ..muscles strain ..ouch ..

also salt causes the you to retain extra fluid, which expands blood volume and increases blood flow to kidneys to possible increase loss of calcium in the urine lowering blood calcium levels, so calcium has to be taken from bones for replacement. sore bones ..ouch again ..

typical chain reaction it sounds like
smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2007 12:07AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: May 09, 2007 12:43AM

rawgosia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fresh, do you have some logical argument to back
> up your claim? I would be interested to hear. My
> salt addiction is a source of many miseries, for
> sure. sad smiley
>

no, i don't have anything logical for you. it looks like jodi has offered a good answer though. i only have trial and error on myself.

i assume that you've thought of a lot of celery and tomatoes to help with the salt issue....

by the way gosia, i think the picture of you
titled "My bare face in August 2004"
is a great picture...

keep at it and be gentle on yourself - it's a big challenge and you're doing so well...

fresh

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 09, 2007 01:47AM

I want to be a part of this so I guess I roll into another session?

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: May 09, 2007 01:55AM

Sarah,

emotions of course are part of detox,

if you are depriving yourself of fat, out of some kind of external rule and you start getting emotional, this IS because your detox is speeding up..nothing wrong with being honest and re-examing the external rule's relavance to the situation i.e. provide what is necessary.

I think the fat thing is also a seasonal thing, both physcial and mental/emotional transitions. i've been doing avos every few days comfortable...but when i do its often been 2 at once, and yes I eat/neeed more calories maybe. but i'll certainly go over 10% if i'm feeling it for the day,,and maybe even the week for sure. the problem would only be if you start having problems with the mix..then you want to slowly start exerting control over the situation.

just my opinion

Date: May 09, 2007 12:53PM

Gosia, I gave up salt about 2 months ago and I've noticed that the pain I've been feeling in my knees for the last 3 years as I go up and down the stairs (I live on the third floor without a lift) has disappeared. It got less and less and then when I stopped eating so much fat it went altogether. For me, salt and avocados went together and I thought I could never live without them. With salt it's the same as with every other addiction, once it's out of your system the craving goes. At least that's how I experienced it.

I'm with fresh, be gentle on yourself. I think you have a very unusual and beautiful face and look forward to seeing your body when you're ready to reveal yourself smiling smiley

I'm also dealing with little fat deposits and the first signs of wrinkly skin and the skin on my belly never completely recovered from my last pregnancy 10 years ago.I've read that to get rid of wrinkles you have to completely eliminate any excess body fat so hopefully we're on the right road with this Transformation Trial.

Francis

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: May 09, 2007 05:53PM

I have given up salt almost entirely and most aches and pains I might normally have (in my hands, or calves), have gone away as well. I certainly don't know if that had anything to do with my salt intake, but it's interesting correlating evidence.

I haven't been perfect the last days either but I continue to focus on doing things in a more healthy manner, with more awareness. There are so many different avenues to success (eat slower, eat less of this, eat more of this, think happy thoughts, etc - all leading to overall betterness), we can keep trying all of them and setting different goals and we WILL succeed.

When Does this start?
Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 09, 2007 07:18PM

hey so when does this 12 week challenge start?

Can i join in any time? i can't be ethat far off from others!

tiffntwins

Date: May 09, 2007 07:25PM

allready started just jump right in smiling smiley

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: May 09, 2007 11:58PM

indeed!

Date: May 13, 2007 07:14AM

Hey! Have you guys given up on me here? lol

Well, here are my weeks stats for those interested:

My height is 174 cms (5'8''), I weigh 61.5 kilos (lost about a pound since last week) now and my measurements otherwise are as follows:
neck 30.5 cm - 12 inches
bust 86 cm - 34 inches
waist 64 cm - 25 inches (lost an inch!!)
abdomen 83 cm - 32.5 inches (lost an inch!!)
hips 88 cm - 35 inches !!
upper thigh 53.0 cm - 21 inches !! Yikes... My thighs simply aren't budging.
calv (at the biggest part) 35 cm - 13.8 inches
upper arm 25 cm - little less than 10 inches (lost a cm!)

And the photos:
FRONT

SIDE

And here is a rare treat: Me with my clothes ON! lol

I am pretty pleased because I tried on my "goal skirt" yesterday, and it fits now! Without my hips hanging over the top of it and bulging out everywhere! grinning smiley
I even wore it while riding my cycle around town yesterday!! grinning smiley

So, my food has been changing a wee bit:
I've grown tired of tomato sauce, kinda gets boring after a while. Yesterday I picked up some nutritional yeast. I hear it is not raw, but fudge it. I think it tastes great and it provides me with vitamin b12 without a pill! It also gives me a much needed break from tomato sauce on my zucchini.
I also bought some raw unsulfered apricots from a market that actually sells them CHEAPER than the regular stores!! Last night, I had a pineapple and a pint of strawberries for supper, and a 3-frozen banana and cacao "milkshake" for breakfast. Lunch was broccoli, red pepper, zuchinni and nutritional yeast with a few cherry tomatoes and I snacked on lots of coconut-cacao-raisin balls and apricots. The amazing thing is that for the first time ever, my fitday.com read: 80-10-10! Exactly on the mark!! Heheh, I thought that was pretty neat.

Anyway, I lost about a pound, but I also speared my hand yesterday with a very sharp knife during one of my battles with a coconut. The knife went a centimeter in to the fleshy part of my hand, luckily the knife was very small so the cut isn't long. Just deep. I think I lost a litre of blood. I was waiting for the blood to clot, and because the cut didn't look big, I figured that it was more superficial and would just stop bleeding. But it didn't clot. I cupped my hand and it filled with blood 3 times before I started to freak out and think "omg, I could bleed to death here, I better start applying pressure or something". To make things scarier, my husband is out of town this weekend and I am home alone. All sorts of crazy thoughts came to mind like: What if I get tetanus and go into toxic shock!!" or "I can't make it all the way to the bus stop without passing out to get to the hospital! I need to call a taxi! Ahhhh!!!". It was really scary.

It's healed now though, but it really hurts. Ouch ouch.
The coconuts take their revenge, I suppose.

But I didn't get any blood in the goodies, so they are still vegan, guys! Made lots of treats for my friends for tonight. The raw desserts are always a big hit with my friends and I love their expression when they say "you mean, you eat all this candy and sweets and you are still losing weight and getting fitter? What are in these desserts?!" grinning smiley

I hope there are still some people doing this challenge with me! Anyone feel confident enough to put up some of their "after" pics, if they have decided to quit now?

much love,
xxpeisi

Date: May 13, 2007 09:01AM

Peisi, no, we haven't given up on you! Funny thing, I look at your pictures, and I see an already gorgeous woman. So, you must be turning into a total beauty.

You got me concerned. I hope you are healing OK, Please do look after yourself.

My check in: I had a totally "down" week and have to start all over again. Did not do any of the stuff for the trial. I even had some non-vegan cooked days, I felt so despondent. I felt totally down due to my lower back injury. I was hurting badly, could not get out of bed in the morning, had problems with basic things like walking, putting socks on, using the bathroom, getting dressed. Even took some pain-killers (and I never ever take any pills otherwise). I felt totally down and angry at my fate. Exercise was totally out of question. I am still in pain. Sometimes I feel like curling up and crying. I booked a visit to a chiro in a week, so I've got a few days yet of this, which can be quite upsetting.

But in the end I decided I want to nurture myself. I really missed the peace and energy I have on high-fruit low-fat, so I want to start all over again. I thought that maybe, even if I can't exercise as much as I would want to, I will at least make an effort to nurture myself with the fruit.

Summarizing, I had a good week 1 before, but my week 2 turned into my week 0. I am starting all over again.

Warm welcome to anyone joining in!

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: May 13, 2007 09:43AM

Aww Gosia! It is important to take care of your injury and definately do not feel guilty for anything you have done the past week!! Maybe get a bunch of really good books, curl up and read to take your mind off of things that are getting you down!

I went to your site and listened to your talk on cooked foods. I love your accent! Are you polish? I can't place your accent. A bit asian. It sounds very charming!

I am in a much better mood this week than last. Probably because I fit into that skirt and this is like, hard evidence that my body is really changing the way I want it to! Also, I have been eating a lot of chocolate and still seeing results, and the joy of that combo is really tickling my brain. I have grown up to think that "chocolate = unhealthy" and now that I figured out ways to eat it without refined sugar, I am a happy lady.

grinning smiley
xxpeisi

Posted by: FruityJules ()
Date: May 13, 2007 01:04PM

Dear Gosia,

I think it is good you are having this experience.

I, too, fell out of the fruit tree too many times to count! It finally became ridiculous and painful and downright boring and tedious to me. And really, it also showed me unequivocably that salt is a poison and a super addictive one, at that. I wouldn't have known that so absolutely had I not been "clean" and then put salt into my body. Wow. How could I have gone my whole life and not known???

If I had only read or been told that salt was toxic, it wouldn't have meant so much and I could have ignored it. But FEELING beyond a doubt how it poisons all my tissues and my mind and dehydrates my body was something I needed to experience personally, over and over again, to really get it. . . to get the connection. And each time the reaction would get progressively worse and more extreme.

For sure, I felt pain all over my body from the salt, so it would not surprise me to think that your back pain is simply from the salt. I started having unbelievably extreme reactions to just a little salt like lips and mouth stinging and swelling, aching and pain in body, dehydration and swelling of whole body, crazy negative emotions like extreme anger and dark thoughts and crying (body trying to get out salt.)

I really think that if you can give yourself all the juicy fruit you want, like watermelon, you will clean out soon and feel immediately better. Your good feelings and health will start as soon as you put some watermelon or oranges in your mouth. You love these things and they love you! Yes, they will bring you peace and happiness, right away! And they will start removing the salt and the pain. . .

smiling smiley

Love to you,
Julie

Date: May 14, 2007 02:40AM

Julie, you are so right. And, I feel so good munching on watermelon. Aaaaa. smiling smiley

GOsia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: May 14, 2007 09:29PM

Hey Guys,

Sorry to be so late in posting last weeks stuff. My life has been taken over by my eldest son's exams and I have turned into his secretary, typing out all these reports which he should have done ages ago.

I didn't have such a good week either and am still experiencing problems with my fat intake.

I was doing ok until Wednesday when I decided to have half an avocado. That would have been my first overt fat for the week. But after the avocado I wanted some macadamias and then some more. On Thursday I was travelling back home after my holiday and I got bored sitting in the car in a traffic jam which took forever and had more macadamias and on Friday night I was very tired after lots of driving and not much sleep and also I did not have much food in the house and had macadamias again. And on Saturday I worked on the market and I caved in again at the end of the day and had another lot of macadamias. So it has been a very high fat week for me.

I felt nauseous each time after I ate the macadamias and still I ate them again the day after. I have lost that happy, contented, grounded feeling I had for the last couple of weeks and am feeling in turns angry, upset and worried for no real reason and I'm wondering if I'm getting back into these old negative mind patterns because of the fat. I didn't eat any fat yesterday, nor any today but I've been constantly hungry, eating non-stop and not feeling satisfied and even as I'm typing this I'm trying very hard not to go and eat the last macadamias.

I don't know why I'm being so self destructive, eating these nuts which don't make me feel good. What is this feeling of emptiness in my stomach when at the same time it's full of food? Maybe I'm eating for emotional reasons which I haven't figured out yet. I was not craving fat at all the first couple of weeks. It's like my mind suddenly realised I wasn't going to feed my body all these fats I've been loving so much and decided to sabotage me at the first chance . Or maybe it's a detox symptom, because I've been eating a cleaner raw diet and I'm craving what I'm detoxing, i.e. fat? I think I will be very careful when I next eat fat again and I will have to ban the macadamias, which I bought for my youngest son, from the house for a while.

I did manage to do lots of walking and do 7 reps of the Tibetans every day. You're right Kwan, I can already feel the difference, I feel stronger. This week I will increase them to 10 reps a day and I want to start using the rebounder I've got.

Peisinoe, I took some 'before' pics but I don't really want to show them until I've got some improved 'after' pics to go with them smiling smiley You are looking really good in your last pictures. I weighed myself but I didn't take any measurements when I started, maybe I should still do this tomorrow to have some kind of reference point.

I am sorry to hear about your troubles Gosia, hope you'll feel better soon.

I'm still craving macadamias so I will quickly get myself to bed when I've posted this, love,

Francis

Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: May 14, 2007 09:38PM

Frannie, your experience with fats mirrors mine. The more I had, the more I wanted. Even though I felt crappy in every other way. I'm sorry you're struggling with it too.

I didn't work out at all last week. We were out of town, my FIL was very sick and passed away on Friday. Somehow I managed to stay raw through it, although I did have a number of avocados, purely for stress eating. I did slow down on them toward the rest of the week though. The last couple of days I've only wanted about 1 a day. I'm not beating myself up about it...just going with the flow and learning from it.

I've been drinking a lot of coconut water lately (not eating the flesh, a few bites here and there but that's it)... and I think for some reason the coconut water is helping slow down my craving for the avos.

I know I've continued to lose inches/weight...I can tell because my clothes continue to get looser, slow and steady, regardless of the avos. But this isn't just about weight loss and I really hope I don't stay at this fat level forever.

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables