Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 4 of 22
Re: Seven Weeks All Raw
Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: May 17, 2007 10:46AM

yesterday;

-grapes
-salad with lettuce, cucumber, carrots and tomatoes
- mushrooms
- shredded carrots
- some watery cantaloupe (I hate that.)
- a piece of coconut
- 1.5 small avocados
- strawberries
- bananas

988 calories on fitday...
I wish we had more juicy fruits in the house. Maybe I'll have cantaloupe for breakfast? Bananas don't appeal to me at all, I think they're more clogging than cleansing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: khale ()
Date: May 17, 2007 11:50AM

Good Day 4 to Everyone!

It's so satisfying to see everyone enjoying themselves and feeling good. I'm especially happy to see that no one is beating themselves up or feeling guilty and apologetic about less than perfect food choices. Let's keep that attitude up! Besides, I think that we are all doing fantastically well and its clear that we are giving a lot of thought into what we are putting into our bodies.

I have a few questions that you guys can help me with:

first: which is best? olives in brine or cured olives? or is it simply a matter of taste?

and for shawna: how are you taking your chlorella and spirulina? In what form? tabs, powders, liquids?

and for earthangel: what does an ugli fruit taste like? I've seen these at the grocery and they appear to be a citrus fruit. I'm curious.

Thanks.

After posting my food intake for the day last night I took a hot mineral bath scented with essential oils and drank a cup of hot tea to induce sweating. I felt weak as a kitten when I got out; went straight to bed and slept like a 10 pound newborn. I awoke quite early feeling good and happy to face the day.

Life is good raw!

Khale

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 17, 2007 01:08PM

I was too tired last night to post. So here is what I ate yesterday:

-tea
-A couple hands of trail mix- nuts and raisins
-lots of figs- I ate one after another in the car and didn't count
-big salad of mixed greens tomatoes and flax oil
-tea
-rawsome italiano-zucchini spiralized, red bell pepper, red onion, kalamata olives mixed with a marinera sauce on top.
-I ate dates before bedtime with tea. I didn't count. Just one after another 'til I don't want any more.

I don't concern myself with how much I eat. I eat when I am hungry and don't when I am not. This is easy to do when raw. When I eat cooked food I tend to eat and eat even after I am full. Before going raw I always negotiated meals. The rawsome italiano was so good that I actually over ate it. I was noticing how I felt too full but didn't have that weighed down, bloated feeling you get with cooked. I still felt like doing all the physical stuff I needed to do after dinner.

I have to go to Houston today and we are eating out. I am so excited because there is this great little hippie restaurant that has some good raw choices.

Have a great RAW day!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2007 01:13PM by pakd4fun.

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: May 17, 2007 01:11PM

I'm done with the master cleanse woohoo! Now i can join you all. Everyone is doing so well. People please stop beating yourselves up over larabars etc. YOu're doing great and they really aren't that bad for you. So I'll be juicing these next two days to get my body back in digestion mode.All juices are fresh squeezed from the organic juice bar i work at So far:
112 lbs
12 oz grapefruit juice
16 oz oj
22 oz watermelon juice (my favorite so summery)
578 cals
I may just have those today may have more. The last two days on the mc i could only get like 500 cal in so I'm already feeling really full off juice. Never thought i would say that. Keep up the good work all.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 17, 2007 02:15PM

yesterday I ate

-trail mix
-pineapple
-rawsome italiano

I`m not sure what all I ate yesterday and haven't eat any thing to day. Hope yall have a gggrrreat day!

Peri

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 17, 2007 06:27PM

I forgot to post yesterday, sorry.
I had a so so day. In the middle of the day I felt SO much energy, and was soooo happy that I was going raw. Towards the end of it, I didn't feel so well...here's probably why:
--morning: 5 bananas
--Lunch: A huge cucumber sliced into circles with lemon and sea salt and dried chilli (this is one of my favorite dishes to make!!) and a fruit salad consisting of a deliciously creamy mango, jicama, pineapple, and watermelon!
--Dinner (I was REALLY hungry and at work), and had to meet with a friend at SUBWAY sad smiley ..>>>>
I got one of the nastiest salads I've ever had there! Spinach and tomatoes (everything else did not look raw) and I didn't know which one of their dressings was raw (i doubt any of them were) so I just ate it plain...
So yea...I think I should keep food with me at all times. Such as raw nuts or figs or dates. As little bursts of energy!
I have a fig tree in my backyard and they're almost ripe!!!!!
I'm going to go out and buy myself a watermelon!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: May 17, 2007 08:22PM

Starfruit, I love your picture!

Date: May 18, 2007 12:54AM

Thanks. That's how i feel when i eat raw hehe. So I ate a coconut later becuase my tummy wanted it and then a little square of raw lasagna that my work sells. Soooo yummy. Keep it up everyone.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 18, 2007 01:18AM

Day 4

2 oranges

banana, blueberry, strawberry an dewberry smoothie

veggie soup leftover from last nights dinner

nutso pate'- a fourth cup each almonds, pine nuts and sunflower seeds processed chunky with 4 sundried tomatos and 2tblsp. raisins seasoned with turmeric and pinch of sea salt - eaten as filling for romaine (have enough pate'leftover for lunch tomorrow)

1 banana

Lg. spinach salad with mushrooms, tomato, half of a small avocado and some kalamata - dressed with juice of one orange and a tblsp. of coconut oil with a dash of salt

A more difficult day today. I felt hungry all day but not hungry for anything in particular. By late afternoon I became cranky, fog-brained and tired, though now that the day is over and I am done with all tasks, I feel better. A pimple popped up on my cheek...something I haven't seen in years and my feet feel heavy and achy. Someone asked why it is that I am eating this way and my mind went completely blank. Uh. I don't remember. lol

hope everyone is doing well,

khale

Posted by: shawnasong ()
Date: May 18, 2007 01:51AM

Greetings Rawesome Folk,

I'm feeling really great this fine Day 4. I even took on babysitting two small boys in addition to my little boy toddler. I had fun all day and never felt irritated or burnt. You don't know me, but that says a lot.

Anyway, Khale, I take spirulina and chlorella in powder form and put it right in my blender with my smoothie. I heap a baby spoon with each of them.

Today I ate:
green smoothie with spirulina and chlorella
1/2 large papaya
cantaloupe (a big slice)
onion bread (recipe found on goneraw.com - simply the best cracker/bread I've had!)
apricot
raw chili and raw corn tortillas - absolutely amazing meal (my 1 1/2 year old couldn't get enough) found the recipes on this site in the recipe section
a few olives
some leftover veggie soup

Wow, I feel like I ate a lot more than that; maybe I'm forgetting something. Basically I eat when I feel hungry and also nibble unconsciously when I'm feeding my son (he's raw too). So, I know there's more going in because I nibble on mango, strawberries, etc.

QUESTION: WHAT IS RAWSOME ITALIANO?

In Love and Light,
Shawna

Date: May 18, 2007 03:01AM

Greetings all!

My day was good. I did the laundry and hung it out to dry.

Day 4:

-several small apple bananas (about 10 I think)
-several oranges (about 5)
-12 or so surinam cherries
-4 or 5 dewberries
-an avocado
-3 or 4 small tomatoes
-1/4 cup sprouted brown sesame seeds (measured dry)
-1/4 cup sprouted hulled sunflower seeds (measured dry)
-2 big pink hibiscuses (they are many-layered, like pink petticoats)

Exercise: 1 hour yoga, ran 3 miles, walked 1 mile.

Keep the faith Khale. You're doing great. And thanks again to you and Pakdforfun for getting this started!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2007 03:04AM by suncloud.

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 18, 2007 03:35AM

Day 4 Greetings Everyone!

Banana

Galia melon--perfectly ripe, out of this world!

Banana, with soaked goji/raisin/coconut--wow!

Salad: mostly Romaine, red bell pepper, tomato w/ purple cabbage, celery, raisins,olives, covered with hemp seeds. Vinaigrette type dressing.
(2 large helpings! outrageously delicious)

Banana and Goji's

Guacamole--whole avocado with tomatoes, red onion, olives, olive water
----eaten on romaine leaves, celery ribs

2 large cherimoyas--exquisite!

Banana

It was a hungry day and everything was incredibly delicious. I am so thoroughly enJOYing my real food!

After all of today's food, and those cherimoyas!, I have no cravings!

(...but, give me a few minutes, LOL....I may eat more fruit.)

smiling smiley Elakti

Posted by: meow ()
Date: May 18, 2007 04:22AM

hey all smiling smiley

pakd4fun, i feel the same way as you re: just eating whatever we want when we're hungry and not overeating. raw is just more satisfying and the taste is stronger, i think maybe that's why i don't have any desire to eat past the point of satisfaction. not that i used to overeat much, but i did used to eat to the point of being fuller than i am when i eat now...if that makes any sense...lol.

starfruit, thank you for saying not to worry about lara bars! i know that was probably directed at me winking smiley i really enjoy them (like really REALLY enjoy them) and it's not like i don't need the extra calories, i've already lost a lot of weight on raw. this morning i fit into size 2 jeans for the first time in 4 years! but anyway thanks for the reassurance!

queerraw, i have to congratulate you for staying all raw even at subway when you were starving, and i'm sure your friend was eating. that is really great. i'm sorry your salad sucked though. i hate subway's vegetables, they never seem fresh or bursting with flavor like they should be.

shawnasong, wow that is great that your son is raw, too! has he been raw since birth or is it a more recent thing? he is one lucky kid to have a mom who cares about his health so much.

anyway...my day:

-smoothie w/ the usual fruits- 2 bananas, strawberries, some mango, a splash of OJ
-banana, a little more mango (it was going bad though so i couldnt eat most of it sad smiley ) and strawberries
-choc. coconut lara bar and pineapple (owww my stomach was not happy w/ that combo!)
-banana
-carrots w/ raw hummus
-not hungry for a big dinner so i jsut had a couple more carrots w/ hummus
-will have an apple soon

doesn't seem like much, but i told myself i'd go by my hunger signals today and i'm not hungry enough for a real dinner. if i get hungry later i'll eat some more though.

i went for a 50-minute walk in the hills today and did abs/arms strength & pilates moves for 15 mins.

onto another raw day!

Posted by: Monark ()
Date: May 18, 2007 04:47AM

Day 4

Smoothie: banana, MSM, tahini, spirulina, wheat germ, ground flax seeds, ground almonds, carob powder, lecithin, ummm....there may have been more in there, don't remember now LOL - it was really yummy, though !
carrot/celery/spinach/parsley jucie
4 bananas
3/4 honeydew melon
huge plate of zucchinagetti

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 18, 2007 09:03AM

Hi everyone YAY for our wonderful raw days!!!! y'all sound like you are doing amazing on your raw journeys!!! so happy to hear that and so proud of everyone!! truly great...
khale about the olives i think it is matter of preferance as long as both are raw..i know they have both raw at a local store...so it is up to you..the cured might be a little more dehydrating to your body though smiling smiley

hmm keep up the awesome work everyon!!!! see you tomorrow on friday our day 5!! yes that is almost a WHOLE week!!

here is what i ate today
1/2 cup of carrots
handful of 5-6 yummy cherries...so good and yummy and organic haha wonderful boy that works at the store smiling smiley
2 grape tomatoes
2 kale leaves
1 baby banana

love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

oh and i did my usual thsi morning at the gym
1 hour eliptical
1 hour spinning
1 hour advanced step class
1 hour weight training circuit
i didnt' get in my afternoon run/walk though...bummer
xoxooxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 18, 2007 12:56PM

Good morning everyone! Day 5 already!

Five days all raw! a record for me.

All of you are doing fantastically well, and I'm in awe of the amount of exercise that some of you are getting in as well. I need to keep up! lol

I ate a delicious mango for dessert last night after posting and then gave myself a very effective enema before going to bed. I slept very well and bounced out of bed this morning.

We had a cool front come in night before last and its a gorgeous 59 degrees out there today! I may have to make raw chili tonight to celebrate! especially as Shawna made it sound sooo good. I may also make the raw hummus that earthangel graciously gave the recipe for as I may be away from home most of the day and want to make sure that I have lots of food with me. Queerraw's experience in Subway yesterday really brought that home: don't get caught away from home hungry without food!

earthangel: that's a whole lot of exercise on very little calories. how are you doing that?

you guys have a rawsome day

khale

Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: May 18, 2007 01:07PM

earthangel, you're telling me you eat 100-200 calories and work out for four hours? many anorexics can't even go that far. i wanted to call you out on another thread for telling meow that her past eating disorder wasn't "that serious" because she only fasted for a 24 hour period, but that doesn't constitute the seriousness of an illness. this, however, is a little more eyebrow-raising. i would like to know how you're doing this (even if that 4 hour exercise regime was somehow a typo, how can you run on such a small amount of food?)...

Date: May 18, 2007 01:56PM

Hey everybody!!!

Feeling fantastic!!

Normally I am thinking about my weekend cheating but since I know I am not cheating I haven't had any cravings. That is very encouraging for me. I have been wanting to replace cooked cravings with raw cravings. I might be there, too soon to tell. I didn't get to go to Houston like I had planned but all the better. I made a really yummy dinner at home out of my Ani Phyo book. Everything we've made out of her book so far has been really tasty and easy.

Shawnasong- Rawsome Italiano is out of the "Alive in Five" uncook book. When I ordered my Ani Phyo book I got free shipping if I ordered both. Only a couple dollars more to order both. It is zucchini spiralized, red bell pepper, red onion, kalamata olives mixed with a marinera sauce on top. Super simple. Her recipes are really simple. Some so simple they are silly.

Meow-I think you should eat lara bars 'til you're sick of them. That would work for me, but maybe I am different.

Here is what I ate yesterday:

-banana, strawberry and spinach smoothie
-spinach salad with tomatoes and flax oil
-dates, one after another. A lot of them
-mexican squash "rice" (Ani Phyo) called for acorn squash but I used butternut, tomato, onion, garlic, cilantro and salt
-stuffed anaheim chilies with mole sauce (Ani Phyo) Really good!! anaheim peppers, olive oil stuffed with cashews, lemon, garlic, black pepper, salt and water and covered in mole sauce-chipotle, dates, carob, cinnamon, olive oil, celery, tomato, salt.

I am trying out new recipes for special times with friends or sometimes I want something special at home for just us and I think it will help me not eat cooked.

Khale- I think Sunday I will be bringing the peppers and mole sauce to our picnic smiling smiley. Peri is bringing Spanish scramble. Can't wait!!!

Posted by: brendajoyce ()
Date: May 18, 2007 02:41PM

Good morning. I haven't posted in a few days. Mon. I had had the salad and bananas; but I think that the bananas were too heavy because my craving for cooked got Very bad. So Tues. I went back to just juice and water. Wed. I had a some grapes, and drank fresh oj. I also had a green veggie juice, primarily spinach with a little apple added. (If anyone is curious about the small amount, remember I am just coming off a cleansing fast, and that if I add food too quickly, even raw, my cravings for cooked are too strong.)

Yesterday the 17th I had

raw apple juice
a Lot of water
grapes
pistachios

The pistachios were heavier, but my cravings did not kick in. I get them at the healthfood store, and it says they are raw. Is this true, do you think? Or is it like cashews, which are not really raw at the stores and have to be special ordered? I figured, if they Were actually cooked, they would have triggered cooked food cravings even more strongly, but they did not. So?

Today I felt a little weak when I got up, but happy. Happy goes a long way. smiling smiley

Date: May 18, 2007 03:17PM

Good work all.
Today i've just had a lot of oj and 3 grapes and 2 chunks of pineapple. Will probably just continue with oj for the rest of the day.
Meow yeah that was partly for you. I have read a lot of peopel though on this site getting mad about eating them but they are good for you ya know. I agree eat as many as you want. Have a good one all. I need to try some of these recipies people are posting. Yum

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 18, 2007 04:47PM

Yesterday was an amazing day for me (it's my day #2).
Morning:
--A vampiro (vampire) drink from a local Latin American store (beet, carrot, apple, orange, celery, and parsley juiced)
--A 99.9% HOMEGROWN salad with nopal,purslane, onions, lemon, and sea salt (one of the best salads I've EVER had! It give me energy for the rest of the day!)
Lunch:
--I had 3 friends accompany me on a picnic in a local park. I told them to bring only fruit, but unfortunately one of my friends had received a bunch of donated "food"--mainly chocolate products! I DIDN'T touch one, and filled up on:
pineapple, watermelon, bananas, and grapes.
I then had some more bananas later on for a snack.

I have a quick question for everyone:
Has anyone ever had hibiscus flowers? (either through its soaked drink form or by eating the edible flowers?) I am planning on buying some seeds in the mail but don't know if the plant would grow in arid southern california.

Date: May 18, 2007 07:41PM

Hi queerraw,

Check my posts on this thread. I often eat 1 or 2 hibiscus flowers a day. I don't know how well they'd grow where you are. Even in Hawaii, there's some trouble with disease and/or mites. We have a variety that grows really big though. One bush is about 20 feet high and about 20 feet wide. Right now it's covered in pink flowers. The flavor is very subtle and sweet especially in the center. There's something very soothing about it.

You might consider moving to Hawaii (I think all raw people should move to Hawaii)!

To Earthangel and Rawfrancois,

I just couldn't help throwing in my 2 cents worth here. In terms of cleaning out, I think it's probably just fine for Earthangel to be eating and exercising like she's been doing as long as Earthangel is feeling fine, and if she's healthy enough to start with. BUT I also really think that kind of regime can only be healthily sustained for the short term. The danger is that there will come a time when that activity level on that amount of nutrition will NOT be sustainable. When the cravings for more nutrition do set in, (and I believe they will always come back in a healthy individual), if there is no raw "Plan B", the cravings can often lead to bingeing on raw fats or cooked foods.

We see that over and over again on this web site. It doesn't take a rocket scientist......

(sorry, I got carried away, but it's my pet peave for this web site)

Ideally there should be a plan of action for how to eat and exercise that's sustainable for the long term. I think many people are able to follow a very restricted diet in their first few years of raw, and that can be very good for them, but then they often suddenly find they can no longer keep it up without having days of eating massive fat or even falling back on cooked food. The more overly resitrictive their diet is, the sooner they will reach that point - if they're healthy. A restrictive diet is great for cleaning out, but eventually deficiencies will rear their ugly heads, and if there's no raw Plan B, the body will crave the foods that last supplied the nutrition it needed. Until sustainable raw habits are firmly established, that can often mean cravings for cooked foods. Then comes the self-blame and all of that.

I definitely found that to be true in my case. I've been doing this for a lot of years. That's why I eat those sprouted sesame seeds and sunflower seeds almost everyday. A very restrictive no fat raw vegan diet can be very alluring since it brings about such instant results, but ideally it should be done with a Plan B ready in the wings. And a LOW fat diet including only avos but no seeds and nuts will also NOT be sufficient in the long run, because of the almost sure eventual deficiency in calcium, iron, and vitamin E.

Everybody has to experiment though to find their truth for themselves. I only ask that people keep an open mind about what I've said, even if for now you don't believe a word of it. The reason I ask this is so hopefully you won't go through years of self-blame if you find you can't sustain a dietary regime that's perhaps actually unattainable, and even unhealthy over the long term.

But like I said, in the short term, it's a great way to clean out. Go Earthangel! As long as you're doing what's feeling good and helping you. You deserve to feel good!

I'm definitely still learning, just like all of us (hopefully). But after all these years (over 30 since I first became mesmerized with Arnold Ehret), I do know a thing or two. smiling smiley

I love y'all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2007 07:45PM by suncloud.

Date: May 18, 2007 10:49PM

Hibiscus love southern Calif! They are all over San Diego. They are very susceptible to white fly infestation, but on the leaves, not the flowers.

There is a large yellow hibiscus in the yard, I may taste a petal smiling smiley

Someone has mentioned hydrangea...I just tasted that and it was so bitter.

I have calendula flowers all over, and those are pretty tasty. I have a friend who once ate every bloom...I was so mad! That was pre-raw, I probably wouldn't be so mad now. smiling smiley I forget what he ate them for, some nutrient or medicinal quality. I wouldn't be so mad if he was hungry and ate a lot of tomatoes off the plant. But, my flower garden is very 'aesthetic' for me so I was mad that he ate ALL the blooms!

I searched all over for purslane, I know its here somewhere. I want to taste that too. It sounded kind of good smiling smiley

It is nice to know these things, as I have to do something about my food bill, LOL.

Date: May 18, 2007 11:43PM

HI all!

I apologize for above post...I didn't realise I was on this thread!

So I am going to post my day's food now:

Banana honey mango
bowl of strawberries with goji soaking water and coconut

Salad: romaine, tomato, bell pepper, cabbage, few walnuts, vinaigrette

What I will have later for dinner -- baby spinach salad with tomato and avocado and celery.

Most likely will have more fruit after that if I am up and hungry. Or celery.

No bad cravings! A little weakish and cold today, but my mood is good.
Took a 2.5 hr nap today. I need to allow more sleep for my body. It is a challenge to go to bed earlier even though I am so aware of need to sleep. So, I am proud of myself for heeding the signals and taking that nap!

Oh, I may put a calendula flower on my salad! smiling smiley

Posted by: Monark ()
Date: May 19, 2007 01:19AM

Day 5

Smoothie: banana, alfalfa sprouts, MSM, tahini, spirulina, wheat germ, ground flax seeds, ground almonds, carob powder, lecithin.
4 bananas
handful of nuts
huge plate of zucchinagetti
banana "ice cream" with raspberries and chopped walnuts.

Looked up the recipe for onion bread that someone posted in the last day or 2 - can't wait to try it - sounds yummy !!!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Posted by: alicenubby ()
Date: May 19, 2007 01:33AM

thhis is cooool. I thought of this crew of 7 weekers today when I had some cravings(1st in 5 days though) I am doing better than I ever have.coffee still but really??? alll raw. (ok a couple of pickles thoughout the week) I am feeling so good you guys.
I just made my first green smoothie. I make smoothies and juices all the time but thanks to this sight got a tasty idea.
yesterday i bougth a GIANT bag of spinach. I love spinach but my jaw gets tired after a big bowl sooooo I put a bunch in with:
celery
banana
hempseed powder
raspberries
blackberries
grade b maple syrup(? raw)
a @#$%& load of spinach

wierd texture, but tasty

Posted by: shawnasong ()
Date: May 19, 2007 01:38AM

Hi everyone,
You all really inspire me. I look forward to my little time on the computer after my son goes nigh-nigh so I can read all your posts and share what I ate.

Someone asked about my son being raw... He has been vegan since birth. I started feeding him a mostly raw diet when he was about 9 months old. At home, he has been almost 100% raw for the past 9 months. When we go to relatives for dinner, I bring him his raw foods, but he wants what they're having, so he does get their cooked veggies, such as peas, sweet potatoes, carrots. Sometimes he gets bread which makes him congested, but we give in anyway, even though we know better. At home, he eats what my husband and I eat and he loves it. I make a lot of crackers and "breads" to have on hand for snacks. He drinks a green smoothie with us nearly every morning. He still nurses too. I just want to say what our intention is with feeding him this way because we get a lot of fear-based flak from people who don't understand. We are realists. We know that one day (soon) he'll be faced with a chocolate chip cookie. He will eat cooked foods, sweets, chips, etc. We know that. The difference is that this is a child being raised to be in touch with his body. I don't know about you but I was not raised like that and hence I am a glutton. I am only now learning about how my body feels in response to food, emotions, stress, etc. Anyway, so Jonathan will eat that cookie, but he will be aware of how his body reacts and how he feels in response to it. Next time he encounters a cookie, he will make an informed and conscious choice. He'll probably eat it, but with awareness. Thanks for reading this....

Anyway, here's what I (and Jonathan) ate today:

Avocado/papaya/banana/date pudding (shout it from the rooftops THIS IS GOOD)

Papaya/Banana pudding

Raw chili and raw Corn tortillas

Zucchini hummus and corn tortilla wrap with capers, red onion, cucumber, tomato, yellow bell pepper

YOU MUST TRY THE CORN TORTILLAS!! I found the recipe on this forum in the recipe section. These are amazing. They hold together like tortillas. Fill 'em and roll and they stay intact and are incredibly delicious. Corn is not the healthiest ingredient, I know, but these will be a regular in our house.

Okay, peace upon the earth,
Shawna

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 19, 2007 01:53AM

wow shawna... i am inspired.... u r doing an excellent job.... don't let anyone try to tell you different..

here is my food today, not 100 percent raw, but purdy darn close...

Today's Foods
Food Name Servings Serving Size Cals Fat Carb Prot
Orange, raw 86 0 22 2 1 whole
French fries 235 8 17 2 .5 kids order yuck i kn ow
Banana, raw 375 2 96 4 3 whole
Pineapple, raw 58 1 15 0 .25 whole
Lettuce, 60 1 12 4 6 cups
Date 228 0 61 2 10 whole
Totals 952 12 221 14

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Date: May 19, 2007 02:59AM

Whew, am I tired.

I skipped breakfast.
-Leftover mexican squash "rice"
-leftover stuffed peppers with mole sauce
-a handful of figs and a few dates
-fresh mixed herb salad with tomato, olives and flax oil
-apricot that was going bad (couldn't let it go yo waste)

Although my daughter is staying on the challenge she says she doesn't want to post anymore. I think she doesn't like trying to remember what she eats.

I looked for the raw tortilla recipe on this site and I may be blind or just too tired because I couldn't find it.

Rawk on everybody!!

Posted by: meow ()
Date: May 19, 2007 04:44AM

shawnasong, i admire you and your husband so much for raising your son this way! i'm not really the mother type, but if that ever changes and i do have children i fully intend on raising them this way, too. i love what you said about raising jonathan to be in touch w/ his body- i agree so much! it's not about restricting certain foods and telling him what he can't have- it's about knowing what his body needs and how great he will feel when he pays attention to that. that's so cool!

my lovely day:

-lara bar and banana
-another banana and apple
-fruit salad w/ a mango and some strawberries, and another banana
-apple
-carrots w/ raw hummus
-walked for about 40 mins.
-huge salad w/ spinach, baby greens, romaine, red peppers, carrots, cukes, lots of sprouts, raw dressing made w/ apple cider vinegar, sundried tomatoes, garlic, and 1/2 tsp. of EVOO
-apple if needed

Current Page: 4 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables