Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 22 of 22
Re: Seven Weeks All Raw
Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 30, 2007 09:07AM

Yeah defo a virus or something, since I have no voice at all this morning!!

Just want to stay in bed but I have to go do some errands..meant to be teaching a hip hop class at 2 this afternoon!! haha.. without a voice..pretty impossible, got to see if I can get someone to cover for me.

I would of stayed off yesterday but I am not now allowed any time off for 3 months- I wrote a long thread about it. But basically anytime off and I am fired. So.. I just went in and told my manager I may need to be excused to throw my guts up!!

I threw soo much produce out this morning, apples, pears, peaches and bananas.. I feel awful, because normally that stuff would of been eaten up by Tuesday!!.. I just cant face eating anything. So thrown everything out. Just keep drinking for now, if I want a little something then I will have to go out and buy some bits.

Will post back later! Have a raw-some wkend all!!

Raw_dancer xxxxx

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: myst1kst0rm ()
Date: June 30, 2007 02:37PM

Hey everyone smiling smiley

Rawdancer, I hope you feel better soon! (((hugs)))

Well the smoking cravings started in bad yesterday and I kept eating all day long LOL. I hope I can remember everything I ate..its doubtful.. today im going to try to eat light all day, just salads and oranges and stuff. But im getting through this!! Im determined to stay a non-smoker!! smiling smiley

I had several small peppers..red,orange & yellow
-small salad
-3-4clementines
-slice of ezekiel bread with almond butter & honey
-bananas frozen,soymilk, and a date roll blended to make milk shakes for me & the kids
-a bunch of watermelon
-several coconut/date rolls
-large salad with 1/2 tomato,carrots,cucumber,1/2 avocado
-grapes, white
Nuts & dried fruit, raisins & figs,cashews,almonds, walnuts ect

I'm going to get FAT eating this way lol...
Ive got to try to eat oranges and greens whenever im hungry and stay away from the fatty high sugary stuffs tongue sticking out smiley

OHH I forgot to mention, I had a teeeny bit of feta on my sald because they were all eating pizza right in front of me.. ack! But i felt bad afterwards and wont do it again!! sad smiley

~ Tiffany

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart,
and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2007 02:42PM by myst1kst0rm.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 30, 2007 06:53PM

Hi Rawdancer,

Sorry you're feeling so low. But it's kind of good to know that it's only a bug, and hopefully it will soon pass. Then maybe you'll be able to eat a little more and feel better again.

Hope you don't have to work on the weekend and you can get some rest!

Yay Myst! Keep going! You've got to give up those cigs sooner or later anyway. Better sooner!

Maybe you could try chewing on toothpicks.

Just stay raw if you can - and definitely stay vegan. That way any weight that you do gain, will come off more easily later when those smoking cravings are gone.

Try to get as much exercise as you possibly can. Exercise is incredible for your body, even if you gain weight at first.

Quitting's a bitch, but it won't last forever, thank goodness! Smoke again, though and those cravings will come back like a big dog!

Each day will start getting better now. So keep going Myst! We're cheering for you. Yay Myst! Yay Myst!

Posted by: brendajoyce ()
Date: June 30, 2007 11:16PM

Thanks guys--esp. suncloud, khale and pakd4fun--for your encouragement. I will stick with this; and yes, khale, I will do the next one (7 week stretch) and will even post the bad moments; it is embarrassing, but I will go for it. Thank you.

I hope rawdanceruk feels better soon; it seems it has been several days now. sad smiley And that pakd4fun can stay strong thru the visit. I have a lot more thoughts for several of you; my family wants my attention though. Just know that I am grateful for you all; you are such a positive group. Even the sick ones!! smiling smiley

Brenda.

Date: July 01, 2007 09:02AM

Hi everyone!

It's hard to believe tomorrow's the last day, but I feel like it's a good ending to a very wonderful time together.

Khale and Pakdforfun, thank you so much again for this great thread! It seems like it's been much more than just a "thread".

I think we all made some good progress. For myself, I was able to focus better on what I was eating and what changes I wanted to make.

Today I ate: bananas, an orange, lychee, a roma tomato, some blueberries, a dinky Haas avocado (but they taste great), about 10 macadamia nuts, and about 20 soaked jungle peanuts.

I usually eat one kind of fat in the late morning and another kind of fat later in the afternoon (I don't eat it all at once!). Today, as you can see, I was hungry!

I really like the kamut! I've been eating it everyday since last Monday, and I feel great. My eyes aren't swelling at all. No itching, no nothing. I have lots of energy. I might even start eating the kamut everyday.

For anyone interested in the very unique and interesting history of kamut, you could google "Kamut: Ancient Grain, New Cereal"

Exercise: 1 hour yoga, plus yard work.

NITE everyone. See ya tomorrow!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2007 09:16AM by suncloud.

Posted by: myst1kst0rm ()
Date: July 01, 2007 01:30PM

where is everyone lol sad smiley I just got home from work. im sooo tired, i will have to do my "check-in" later on.. is this thread really ending?? Thank you all so much for being here and being supportive!! Your all wonderful people and I hope to be able to join another thread with you all when the time comes. Please feel free to message me or email me anytime if you all need someone to talk to. Hope everyones having a good day!!
Love,Tiffany

myst1kst0rm@yahoo.com

~ Tiffany

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart,
and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2007 01:32PM by myst1kst0rm.

Posted by: khale ()
Date: July 01, 2007 02:05PM

Good morning everyone!

It's hard to believe that this is the last day of our 7 weeks already! Just goes to prove the ole adage, "time flys when you're having fun". Happily, there is no reason to say goodbye as we will continue to "see" each other on the forum and beyond...and I will begin a new 7 weeks very soon for those of you who are interested in doing this again.

Starting tomorrow morning I do think we should allow this thread to enter the archives. That way we can start fresh and newly enthused in a week or two with a brand new thread. As a yogini, Suncloud, you may be interested in knowing that the word "thread" means the same as the Indian word, "sutra" and even though we can't presume to compete with Patanjali, I do think we created a vital sutra of our own.

I have become quite fond of all of you and can honestly say that my interest in your progress is equal to the interest I take in my own. We are not separate, and any victory gained by one is shared by all and empowers us all.

In my reading this week I ran across a reference to the number 7 in the context of astrology that interested me. As the number 1 represents the first monad, the number 7 represents the second monad and the difference in the two is the presence of the "other" implied in the 7. As we start out on a new adventure, especially one as personal as a dietary adventure, we may indeed feel that we are flying solo and that we are in this alone. But by the time we get to the stage represented by the number 7, we have learned to blend our autonomy and independence with compassion and love for "others", and I feel that this has happened beautifully here with us.

On a personal note: I began this 7 weeks wanting to experience a 100% raw diet while still retaining the option to include some healthy cooked at the end of it if I should so choose. What has happened instead is that I've found a strong desire to persist in a 100% goal and to go all the way with this lifestyle with a strong intent to experience a total regeneration of my body-soul-and spirit as the ultimate goal. In some ways this is more "dangerous" than consciously deciding to include some healthy cooked in small portions as I transition because of the obvious problems that can arise when there is no plan in place for "slipping up". There is still a lot of old stuff that rises up, both emotional and physical, and I am still prone to lapsing into poor food choices when conditions are rife. Still, I can't bring myself to plan for cooked right now, so my intent is to work to deal with the "stuff" in other ways and to keep expecting and planning for 100% raw days.

I'd be most interested in hearing from each of you today and where you intend to go from here. I'll be around.

Suncloud: Since our private e-mails are taking so long to arrive at their destination, we may do better using the PM service afforded us at this forum. I do want to let you know that I have reserved the room (must be a VERY nice room!!!) for Friday night and things are progressing as planned. I do intend to leave Louisiana early Thursday the 26 and will figure an estimated time of arrival in Austin as soon as I get to it.

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered by your old nonsense."

Ralph W. Emerson

talk soon,

love k

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: July 02, 2007 12:14AM

Thanks everyone for this thread. It has been a wonderful experience for me. I became very ill while in Houston. I was vomiting with diarhea and a high fever. I still am queezy and have a fever. I wanted to write a post because it is the last day but I am going to have to keep it short as I am having a hard time being up. I have learned so much and feel a close connection to you guys. Take care and good luck with all the things you strive for.

Date: July 02, 2007 07:36AM

Last day!

Sorry Pakdforfun that you're not feeling well. First rawdancer, then you. Must be a computer virus going around (I know, not funny). Hope you're feeling much better soon.

Khale, I thought your comment about the meaning of sutra was interesting. I might have known at some point that sutra meant thread, but I'd definitely forgotten. I thought about that a lot today: how a lesson can be a thread, uniting one thing to another. And how threads can be woven together. I found "sutra" and "suture" in my dictionary.

I won't really think of myself as a yogini until I can at least establish a steady practice of pranayama. You seem from your comments to have some experience with that. I do have a pranayama practice that I like, but I just never do it. That needs to change. Thanks for reminding me!

Today I ate bananas, lychees, oranges, about 20 soaked jungle peanuts, 1 dinky haas avocado, about 3/4 cup sprouted kamut (measured sprouted), about 1 tsp olive oil, shredded dulse, red bellpepper, lemon juice and 4 brazilnuts.

I love that kamut!

Exercise: so far just yoga(hatha) . I'll try to get some weights in, but it's getting late.

I lost 1 pound over these 7 weeks. I just lost it this week smiling smiley. I'm already pretty small anyway,but I would like to tone up more and be stronger.

All in all, I think these 7 weeks were great.

Bye for now everyone!

Current Page: 22 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables