Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 18 of 22
Re: Seven Weeks All Raw
Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: June 16, 2007 06:28PM

Oh thank you thank you thank you Dewey and Suncloud for being so nice and supportive about my horrid confession!!!!! I really felt so miserable about it! But, then I reviewed my history and everything positive that I have done and am now doing and had to admit that I am doing very well, all considered. The strong interior drive is to one day be healthier and addiction free. It has been my life's work, heh!!

Meow, I chuckled at your topsiness from your orangeganic wine. smiling smiley Am so glad you are more centered on 100% raw and gave yourself a little celebration!

Myst, good work and good luck and persist persist persist! Probably, say goodbye to that almond butter, heh! If it were me I would have that thing polished off in no time.

Oh, hello to everyone...let's get on with a lovely "6" week.

Khale, I always enjoy your numerologic comments!

I have not had much computer time, but will tomorrow...and will catch up with everything I have been missing. Looking forward to that, a few hours in this computer town of ours.

Am on DAY 3 of "fast"...I've had orange juice and watermelon juice periodically over last 2 days. No chewing though. Water. Too much activity, not enough lie down and be quiet and rest. I feel quite good.
This a.m. took little Masha for a LONG walk and came home and scrubbed the kitchen floor on my hands and knees, then went outside and did a few gardening things and was thinking of a bigger project and then said...Whoaaaaa! I had promised myself I would rest.

Last night a Pizza Hut commercial came on tv and it bothered me for quite awhile. Man, I could see it, smell it, taste it. Man, I was hungry for it. I indulged my memory! Then, I got over it. Came to my senses for fruit. Re read the testimonials at the end of 8-1-1 book. They're good. I redialed in.

Now, am feeling so well. If I think of food, I think of juicy fruit.

Sapotes are ripening smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Now, heck, I've got to rest, really rest. Damn! I seem to have a lot of energy. Probably if I ate, I would then feel like resting, heh heh!

Happy saturday everyone or whatever day you are in
Elakti

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rawbryan ()
Date: June 16, 2007 06:47PM

Just wanted to share my new recipe for RAW Organic White Chocolate Cake/Pie! This is a sneak preview of my new NATIONAL RAW ORGANIC FOOD TV SHOW SERIES! It is called RAW ORGANIC SAVING THE PLANET with Bryan Au it is based on my best selling raw organic recipe book RAW IN TEN MINUTES, my new instructional DVDs, new Eco Bamboo Organic Clothing line and more!

[www.RawInTen.com] is my website

[youtube.com] Is the Pilot Episode the actual series will be even better with exotic ECO RAW Travel, spas, chefs, restaurants and celebrities all around the world!smiling smiley

Bryan Au

rawbryan@hotmail.com

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 16, 2007 08:16PM

xxxxxxxxxxxx to you too rawdanceruk!

Posted by: meow ()
Date: June 17, 2007 03:35AM

hey everyone! just a quick post b/c the boy is on his way over. well i only ended up having one glass of that "oranganic" wine, lol. any more would have made me puke...

suncloud, thanks so much for the info on jungle peanuts! i have been thinking that would be a great thing for me to try. next month when i have $$!

rawdanceruk, thanks for your input on banana fasting! i think bananas and greens would work pretty well for me- we'll see!

my food:
-handful of raw mixed nuts, half a banana
-smoothie w/ 1.5 bananas, 2/3 of a mango, 2 strawberries (all ihad left!) and oj
-lara bar
-tried banana ice cream but it wasn't my cup of tea. i had about 1 bananas worth, then had a regular banana and an apple
-ran 4-4.5 miles
-carrots w/ raw dressing, another banana
-cucumber and tomato w/ raw dressing
-raw zucchinaghetti, handful of raw mixed nuts

i am sort of hungry still- it's been one of those days. maybe boy & i will go get some food. or wine, at the very least. not sure yet, but i definitely need a little more of something tonight. maybe all that running (which felt sooo good!).

Date: June 17, 2007 06:33AM

Hi all.

Today I had bananas, oranges, peaches, apples, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 cup sprouted brown sesame seeds (measured dry).

Exercise: 1 hour yoga, 50 aerobics with weights. Meow, I'm jealous of your run. I hope tomorrow I will run!

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 17, 2007 09:46AM

Hey everyone..glad to see everyone had a wonderful day...i had a great day and i am very sleepy...it is 3 am and i am ready for a few zzz's smiling smiley....take care everyone...have a great weekend

here is what i ate today
1 cup of sugar snap peas
3 1/2 cups of sprouts
1 cup of romaine

have a wonderful day and rest of the weekend...
take care everyone....

love always
earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: khale ()
Date: June 17, 2007 01:42PM

Good morning everyone.

I dropped the ball this weekend and had cooked and some out and out junky stuff.<<<sighs>>>I will not bore you all with the details. But I am a little bummed out about it and frustrated with myself. Then today I have my Dads' house and the whole famdamly celebrating Fathers Day and I just want to stay home and help my poor body get back on track.

What perplexes me about this is that its not the food. I'm not craving anything. If anything I'm craving juicy fruits and melons, NOT cooked food. So, I don't get it. It's as if an area of unconsciousness takes over...or I hit a grey area and lose awareness and fall back into patterns and habits as if on automatic pilot or something.

Anyway. Now I'm dealing with all the low-grade panic and confusion that comes from falling off the wagon, ie, "how do I get back?", "what do I do?", which sometimes just seems like another game of subterfuge the ole habit energy uses to keep me on the same ole same ole. The answer is simple and as plain as the nose on my face, "the next time ya eat, eat raw dummy."

talk soon,

love khale

P.S. - I've read all of your posts with great interest and am not sooo self-absorbed that I can not "see" what's going on with all of you. I love that you feel safe enough here and comfortable enough with yourselves to reveal your struggles, bad habits, and shortcomings. Makes me feel right at home. Also, I appreciate that you guys tolerate my numerology posts...very sweet of you all.

Date: June 17, 2007 05:21PM

Hi everyone!

Khale: Is this the first time you've 'gone raw'? The whole process is one of many up and down efforts, as we all know. smiling smiley The "Plain as the nose on your face " smiling smiley simplicity is right, of course, but-----what sort of things inspire you and help re-instate your purpose and enthusiasm? I usually go back to a certain book or chapter here and testimonial there...or I write a bit about it, and I get my favorite favorites even if I have to special shop...I make sure I have watermelon, cherimoyas, or whatever is the MOST appealing to me. That is helpful! Persevere!

Yesterday---water. Was too busy early morning. Sunshine! Finally, afternoon, I lay down and rested, slept, floated somewhere between awake and asleep just listening to afternoon sounds and birds and waves, it was lovely. Rest of day was quiet, although I watered garden. Early to bed.

Be back later...am going to resume eating!

Date: June 17, 2007 08:09PM

hey Khale...well hun don't sweat it..you will be just fine..just pick up with eating some good ol' raw fruit this morning!! and have a nice big salad..i am sure it is hard to get back on it after going off track..but you just gotta push through it and you will be just fine!!! take care of yourself..and keep on keeping on...we are all here for you and believe in you!!! it is a journey and you have lots of different paths and roads to take down that journey...what a boring journey if you are on the same road for forever smiling smiley..sometimes you just gotta take a different road out of habit or intense curiousity....and then you see it is not what you thought it was going to be and you ddidn't like it...and then you learn you like that old trusty long road you were on and can be happy on the same path of life smiling smiley
take care and have a great day!!
love you!!!
earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: myst1kst0rm ()
Date: June 17, 2007 11:44PM

Hey everyone! I have been going through some bad tooth pain so I decided to go to the ER so I could get a script for antibiotics and pain meds. I really have tried everything to get the pain & swelling to go down but nothing has worked so.. I really hope the penicillin doesn't make me sick!! sad smiley Also I broke down and bought another pack of cigs.. the pain was so unbearable I needed a smoke lol. But now that ive got some medicine, I will be quitting after this pack is done. I am still doing well eating raw, my only complaint has been my mouth pain lol.. everything hurts.

I have eaten almost half my jar of almond butter already LOL.. I was warned hehe
with my cash flow being slim right now, im just sticking with the basics.. salads a couple times a day and grapes,cantalope,bannas and oranges.. oh and mixed nuts & dates.. I feel dumb posting the same food stuff every day but im happy eating simple right now. I just wanted to check in.. I hope everything is going good with you all!!
Blessings~Tiffany

Date: June 18, 2007 02:54AM

myst, i am so sorry to hear that you are in that much pain! that is awful. is it something a dentist can take care of? i hope your body responds ok to the antibiotics. i know everyone around these raw boards thinks they're absolutely horrible, and i totally agree, but you have to know your body enough to know when you've hit your limit and you would be better off taking the antibiotics b/c at that point they're the lesser of 2 evils! i'm sure you'll do fine with them. i've heard that it's good to take probiotics (healthy bacteria) after being on antibiotics b/c the antibiotics kill both the good and the bad. however i don't know if there are any raw probiotics out there. maybe something to look into though!

khale, you're too cute- "next time you eat, eat raw dummy!" if only it were that simple. for me, eating cooked just opened up pandora's box and made me think of all the other cooked foods i wanted, and the cravings came back like crazy. but i have no doubt that you'll be back to raw in no time! one slip up is no biggie- we're still learning, you know?

i didn't do much today- farmer's market, long walk, a little cleaning...ooooh i started reading a new book, too. don't laugh- it's the da vinci code, i know i'm the last person on earth who hasn't read it! i just tried so hard to resist it when it was a "fad" book, but it sounds so cool so i had my sister send me her copy that she had laying around smiling smiley i am really into it, i'm so interested in that "dark side of religion" stuff, lol.

oh right, food! here's my menu, i have been wanting tons of fruit and greens all day, as usual!

-3 bananas and 1 oz. raw mixed nuts (brazil nuts, cashews (maybe not really raw??), almonds (soon to be not really raw sad smiley ), pecans, hazelnuts
-smoothie w/ 2 bananas, lots of strawberries, half a mango, fresh squeezed OJ
-half a white sapote- i was so excited b/c i thought it was a black sapote, ie "chocolate fruit," but it turned out to be a white one. i've never even seen a sapote before so i didn't know the difference. it was still good but not chocolate! and i also had 4 dates
-walked for 1.5 hours, then did some abs/upper body exercises
-carrots w/ raw dressing, banana
-huge salad w/ spinach, mesclun, romaine, red peppers, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, half a tiny avo that wasn't quite ripe yet (sadness), and raw dressing
-apple or 2

i have been insanely hungry lately. i'm just going w/ it. maybe it's a weekend thing, i always eat more on the weekend.

Date: June 18, 2007 04:08AM

I ate today! I swam and played in the pool! I feel wonderful. Great energy and mood.

11:00 8 oz strawberries and a few left over raspberries

2 sapotes---yumsome!

1/2 watermelon---luscious!

after swimming had banana "milk": 3 bananas, 6 honey dates, about 2 cups water vitamixed to 'milk'---awesomely delicious and satisfying. So full, it was 2 large glasses. I noted time as I wanted to see when I would desire more fruit after that!

5:45 sapote, honey mango, 2 honey dates (love honey dates, so MOIST, sweet)

8:00 (too late) bed of baby spinach, sliced tomato, 1/3 small avocado (amazing, such avocado restraint!!!) drizzled with blended cucumber and tomatillo and sprig of parsley. It was ok.

As soon as I got into late afternoon, after all that fruit, I did not have any more cravings for non fruit carbohydrates. No more hauntings of you know what. I am curious to see how much this eating of 80% of calories in fruit carbohydrates relieves these occasional cravings I have for carbs in less desirous forms. I think it will be a key to some relief. I know there will be ongoing detox from all the recent past indulgences, but I think the other source of those cravings will be mitigated. The craving for carbohydrates is real, and the high fruit is going to take care of that need.

Date: June 18, 2007 07:16AM

Hi Khale, sorry about your slip up. That can be so frustrating!

There's probably a million ways to get over that hump and stay raw. This is one thing that really helped me: I started to figure that no matter how much I wanted to stay raw, there was a possibility I might not (that was kind of a mental breakthrough!). So for those occasions, I'd keep a bag of frozen peas in the freezer. Then when I felt like I just had to eat something cooked, I'd steam up those peas and pile them onto a big salad and dress it with lemon juice, olive oil, turmeric and braggs aminos. I'd start eating it, and it tasted so good, it was like, why would I eat something else when I could eat this?! It worked every time to keep me away from the really bad stuff like cooked grains.

The point being that slipping up can be a matter of degree, and the lower the degree, the better you'll feel the next day. And even if you're determined to never slip up again, it doesn't hurt to be prepared with something gentle to cook just in case. Cooked veggies added to a salad are great for that. Steamed cauliflower and green beans worked really well for me too. I still keep frozen peas all the time, except now my husband eats them all!

Also, by staying away from the really bad stuff, you'll be buying time to phase the memory of the really bad stuff out of your subconsious. The time thing is very important. It's like a groove in a record. The needle goes over the same groove over and over again. But if you want the needle to go over a new groove, the old groove has to be left alone long enough for the new groove to be deeper. That way eventually the needle will just naturally ignore the old groove and go for the new.

Anyway, hope you're feeling better now, and you have some chance to relax at home (after work?)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2007 07:20AM by suncloud.

Date: June 18, 2007 07:42AM

My above post somehow posted by itself, so I did my best to edit it. Hope you don't mind my throwing in those suggestions, Khale. We all really love you!

Elakti, Congratulations on your water fast and your great day today! I'm going to try to water fast tomorrow.

Earthlangel, what kind of sprouts do you like to eat best? I'm just getting into them on a more regular basis, so I'm still experimenting.

Myst, sorry about your toothache. Looks like you're eating really healthy though!

Meow, you too. Healthy woman!

Today I had bananas, an orange, peaches, lychees, an avocado, less than 1/4 cup sprouted brown sesame seeds (measured dry), and a couple of tablespoons of sprouted fenugreek seeds.

I mixed the fenugreek seeds with the sesame seeds to see how that would taste. It wasn't that good. The fenugreek seeds were kind of maply tasting, but also kind of bitter. They're much better in a salad.

Exercise: 1 hour yoga, ran 3 miles, walked 1 mile, 50 minutes aerobics with weights.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2007 07:48AM by suncloud.

Date: June 18, 2007 08:55AM

Hey Myst..you are doing great ..don't stress..i wrote to you in your diary too about it...but things are going to get better for you..such a refreshing positive attitude you have!! keep it up!!
xoxo

ooh meow probiotics are good for you after anti and any other time as well..they are really good for the digestion...and they do have raw supplements!!!

well everyone i had a great day....went to OHI ...saw 2 awesome movies..and not i need to get some sleep..i only will get 2 hours..sad smiley oh well maybe tomorrow
take care

here is what i ate today
my mango strawberrry smoothie
2 cups of sprouts
2 cups of kale
1 oz seed cheese from OHI
1 oz of dried onions with tomato sprinkles OHI
1 small organic salad OHI
1 oz of raw salsa puree OHI
1 oz of sauerkraut OHI

have a wonderful wonderful night everyone and great day...talk to you soon!!

love always
earthangel
xxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: myst1kst0rm ()
Date: June 18, 2007 12:44PM

Good morning everyone smiling smiley

I hate antibiotics, I think they are bad news too! But the pain was pretty unbearable, and im willing to kill everything off in order to get any infection down that might be causing the pain, the ER talked me into it by telling me that no dentist will work on me with an infection so.. i might as well suffer through this and hope it helps!! I have some acidophilus & bifidus pills and i have some kyo-green powdered drink mix that has FOS in it, which helps "feed" the good bacteria.. BUT, if i go through this and it doesnt do anything, I might be a tad upset lol.. they taste like poison!! sad smiley Actually this is as close as i get to taking anything serious in my body as far as pharmaceuticals lol. i am a straight asprin kinda gal, and wont go to a doctor unless its SERIOUS. I do herbs I supplements and fasting.. but i guess im wussing out because of the pain lol. This might be the very last time i ever take these durn things tongue sticking out smiley Oh I have been doing grapefruit seed extract, echinacea tincture, gargling with hydrogen peroxide & mouth wash.. BEFORE i resorted to the nasty pills. sad smiley

I didnt eat a whole lot today, my mouth is still hurting some..I had a salad twice and grapes & a couple of clementines & a handful of nuts. I did make some fresh juice..
kale,celery,apple & carrots..I saved half to have today.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement & support.. I love you all!! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2007 12:56PM by myst1kst0rm.

Date: June 18, 2007 01:39PM

Good morning friends! We've made it to Week 6, bumps, bruises and all!
Congratulations to all of us!

I appreciate EVERY suggestion, word of wisdom, and advice that I receive from each of you. Thanks so much. Elakti KNOWS me with her suggestion to use bibliotherapy, and Suncloud must be peeking into my freezer (I already keep a bag of Cascadian Farms frozen petit pois on hand as I ADORE peas). The thing is that I need to give myself permission to use these things if I need them. This morning I feel disinclined to indulge myself in any way. It's like "toughen up you big puss!" and get on the ball!

We'll see how well that works. My intention is to not eat a bite of anything today until I feel a keen sense of hunger, and then to eat some fruit. Tomorrow is grocery day, so I am down to a few kiwi, a few apples, a mango, some bananas and a lemon or two. That will do. Maybe after work I'll run somewhere and pick up a melon for later.

Myst: Nothing worse than a toothache. My sincere sympathies. Mouth issues are one of the few ailments I'll yield to antibiotics for. Infections in the mouth can be very dangerous if they spread and very difficult to clear up without pharmaceuticals - as the mouth is just too warm and moist. I would definitely take probiotics though for several weeks AFTER finishing the antibiotics...I don't think it does any good to take take them during the antibiotic series.

It isn't true that no dentist will touch you with an infection (pulling the tooth, root canaling or whathaveyou), BUT the discomfort is considerably more intense if they work on you while there is infection and the chance of dry socket or other complaints are greater after procedures if infection is present. So, its probably best that you are taking antibiotics. Also, as I'm sure you know and your dentist probably mentioned, cigarettes are TERRIBLE for teeth and gums...so be aware of this when you smoke. My teeth and gums improved significantly the more I cleaned up my diet and worked on stress issues...so, it will get better the more raw and clean you become. Problems with my mouth was one of the BIG motivators for embarking on this way of eating to begin with for me. Gum disease and other mouth problems are often the first signs of the beginning of a downward spiral in overall health, and a good indicator that ones' immune system is too stressed out and needs building up. So take good care of yourself. Any infection anywhere in the body reveals a compromised immune system, so don't minimize the seriousness of this and focus on eating to build your immune system in the next few weeks.

EA: as always, thank you so much for your sunny disposition and words of encouragement.

Everyone, thank you. I love you guys.

and hey, guess what? I'm still here. ; )

khale

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 18, 2007 02:49PM

Myst, sorry you're in so much pain. Sometimes we do what we gotta do. Im a wuss when it comes to pain so I can relate.

Earthangel, you are always full of so much info. Thanks for sharing all your knowledge.

Elakti, I am going to try the banana milk. It sounds wonderful. I bet the kids will love it.

Khale, Sorry for your slip up. Good to know you didn't do it out of cravings. good luck figuring it all out and getting back on track.

Suncloud, I love your record groove analogy. I need to get a new groove. I am going to use it as a visualization. I really think it will help. Thanks.

While I was writing this my daughter came in and told me something broke into our chicken house. Th only thing left in there was three traumatized and cold little babies and one dead one. The mom and 6 babies are missing. She was a special hen. We have been searching for her but luck so far. sad smiley

We had a traumatic weekend. We were all set to go to a wedding on Saturday when we got a call at 4:00 Am Saturday that my brother-in-law/husbands closest friend fell off the back of a truck that my dear friend was driving and had been life flighted to the medical center in Houston. We left early so we could see him and the day was really hard. He had emergency surgery to remove clots and was heavily sedated. Sunday he was awake and seemed compeltely fine other than needing to heal. He knew it was father's day and could sit up and ate everything they gave him. We are so relieved.

The wedding was nice and fathers day was really nice. I hope everyone here also had a good one.

I gotta run take care of my kids. Keep on keepin' on!

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 18, 2007 05:26PM

Shattered today.. my birthday tommorow.. trying to get myself all pepped up!! lol secretly very excited lol

Today was soo busy, didnt even get a chance to eat till 1pm.. by which time I was ready to eat just about anything!!

had 2 banana's

3 little apricots smiling smiley mm organic.. £6.60kg.. pricey!!..lol

thats all, was gorgeous smiling smiley

Trying to resist going and buying wine..lol

xx Raw_dancer xxx

Date: June 18, 2007 06:32PM

Good day all!

Suncloud, I think your post was great. Such a good way to deal with cravings...sort of like overlapping the grooves so the good groove can take over. I did that sort of thing with my salads, not necessarily using cooked peas (although I may have done similar once in awhile)...but I would have these humongous fatty salads....rich dressings and whole avocado and olives galore....I called them 'salad SOUPS' !! They were VEEERY satisfying, kind of "cooked meal" feeling. Like a compromise...and the salad groove overpowered the other groove. (now, it is out with those fatty salads...still adjusting smiling smiley

I feel so wonderful it is almost scary. smiling smiley

The only blight is my sadness over the chickens and babies. sad smiley

So far I've had 3 bananas, some grapes, 1/2 lb cherries, navel orange, finger banana and red banana.

So many good things since going raw and especially since doing 8-1-1 for few days:
1. blood sugar is SO MUCH BALANCED..no more hypoglycemia! smiling smiley
2. resting pulse has gone way down..in 50's. No feeling of low blood press.
It is lower than when I regularly played tennis.
3. weight down to 167.5 from 186
4. Much better energy, much higher mood, much more calm, much more positive
5. Elimination---super!
6. eyes---more clear And I don't exactly gasp and shudder when I see my face without mascara, blush, and lipstick. More clear open look.
7. desire to quit bad habits is more and more 'Conscious'. I feel an integration happening of body and mind, somehow. Emotions still firmly attached though, but...
8. Sleep is better and better, more and more refreshing. Easier to fall asleep. Healing nature of it feels as delicious as the fruit!
9. My jeans are baggy! smiling smiley

About # 7: I think poor living (contrary to this way of life) creates fragmentation of body mind emotions. I think proper living and nutrition for cells, good sleep, sunshine, etc re-integrates these splits into healthy 'organic' (heh) organism and mind and emotions. For me, too, the goal is to be healthier and re-unified with myself (!) to pursue a more focused spiritual path. Does this make sense? It does to me. Poor health and mis-functioning of the body is so scattering, dis-easing.

Oh, I should add #10= I have small sandpapery bumps on arms and legs and some on torso...don't itch or anything...I do think they are tiny pizzas! smiling smiley

Oh my, yak yak! I need to go jump into the pool and splash and play and do laps...I feel I could just about fly out of my skin....I haven't felt this good in I don't know when.

smiling smiley))))))))))))) Elakti

Date: June 18, 2007 08:46PM

Elakti: LOL delighted that you are feeling so well.

Pakd4fun: Geez! Girl! I'm glad that your brother-in-law is okay, and darned sorry to hear about your laying hen. Poor thing. And the poor little chicks with no mama now...see? that's why I wouldn't make a good farm hand...I can't handle seeing defenseless animals suffer.

Happy, happy birthday raw_dancer. I hope its a memorable one.

Just poking my head in...

I made a smoothie of kiwi and banana this morning because I had 4 kiwi's that I needed to eat before they got over-ripe and I'm sipping a celery, carrot and apple juice right now. That's been it so far. I might do a watermelon tonight...that sounds really good to me.

talk later,

khale

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 18, 2007 09:53PM

Wow elakti, are you a poster child for 8-1-1. I am going to have to get that book.

raw dancer-have a happy birthday.

My daughter found a fourth little chick running around looking for mama. We have a blind rooster in another little house that runs a great orphanage. When they are stronger I will be able to put them in there. We are sad about the other babies and the hen though. She would come up to our door and wait to be let in and then let us hold her and pet her and she would eat out of our hands. She will be missed. There is always a chance she will show up. You never know with chickens. We have learned they can break your heart.

I will post my food intake later.

Date: June 18, 2007 11:05PM

Pakd4fun---I'm sorry I didn't mean to overlook your brother-in-law and his scary accident...my serious best wishes for his recovery!

Also, want to add:
#11 My arthritis or whatever it is in hip and knees is seeming to be better these past few days. About 2 weeks ago I was going through some discomfort, but it seems to be improving from loss of weight and probably some release of toxins. Also my knees. (sheesh) Gardening, I never can bend at knees. I bend at waist. Yesterday I noticed I bent almost all way down to do some weeding and my knee didn't hurt. I was so surprised! Yesterday and today coming out of pool so I could jump back in, my knee felt stronger. I hope this improvement keeps going. I'd love to play tennis again. Also my neck (sheeesh) is much less painful.

Later! I have unlimited access to computer today, can you tell?
Elakti

Date: June 19, 2007 02:20AM

I bought a watermelon today but I didn't eat it yet. Instead I had 3 really good and juicy nectarines and 2 sweet, sweet finger bananas.

Earlier I ate a small spinach salad with cukes, tomato, red bells and a few black olives.

I'm @#$%&.

Tomorrow guys,

khale

Date: June 19, 2007 03:10AM

After swimming I ate about 1/2 lb strawberries, a few cherries and a glass of banana milk (2 finger bananas, 3 honey dates, water)

At 3:00 I ate 4 tomatoes (eaten like apples, how fun, and delicious. 3 were from a plant on patio...so warm from sun. So, I put the others out in sun for a while. I don't like cold food anyway)
Also 3 apricots and 2 sticks celery. Also ate a finger banana. It was unintended, but the parrots were in tree in yard so I was going to show it to them, but making a connection with them was impossible. I didn't know where to put it. I ate it.

Later snack--another tomato
Later---a blood orange, a valencia

I don't know what for dinner. I made a little salad, but I don't want it. I don't know what to put on it. I made a little dressing with a tbsp of tahini, but I don't want it. I think I am not that hungry. It is already 8:00 so I think that's it for the day. I have a champagne mango that is very ripe and may have that. Sorry to think out loud here...Tap tap tap...

smiling smiley Happy Birthday RawDancer smiling smiley

elakti

Date: June 19, 2007 04:22AM

Hi everyone!

Khale, sounds like you're feeling better. Good deal!

Rawdancer, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you have a very nice day. No birthday cake now y'hear? (just kidding) smiling smiley

Pakdforfun, how nice that your friend is doing better. Sounds like things could have been much worse for him.

It's nice to hear about your relationship with your little chicken friends, and I'm sorry to hear you've lost a few. Especially one that you felt close to. I wonder what could have gotten in there. A fox maybe, or a dog? Do you and Khale live near each other, and are there a lot of stray dogs since the hurricane?

Elakti, sounds like you're having a really good time! Congratulations on doing so well, and it's great that your arthritis is melting away! I agree. Tomatoes warmed by the sun are so good.

Myst, too bad about the pills; sometimes it seems that's just what it takes (AAARGH!). Hope you're feeling better really soon.

Earthlangel, what is OHI?

Meow, you're doing so well!

Today I water-fasted (so far anyway - hooray!). Had some good energy most of the day. It always feels like Christmas the next day after a fast, cause the next day I get to eat!

Date: June 19, 2007 05:09AM

pakd4fun, i am so sorry to hear about your brother in law. thank goodness he is doing ok though. that must have been terrifying to get that phone call. he is in my thoughts and i'll be sending positive vibes to you and your family! i'm also sorry about your hen sad smiley i'm sure she had such a great life with your family though. what will happen to the babies??

sach, oooh that's cool that there are raw probiotics! i have to look for them!

myst, hope the pain is getting better.

quick post- it's so late! got to read a little and cuddle w/ the cats and then sleep!

-smoothie w/ 2 bananas, mango, strawberries, oj
-3 bananas & 4 slices of dried mango
-choc. coconut lara bar, fruit salad w/ the rest of the mango and strawberries, apple
-banana
-carrots w/ raw hummus, salad w/ spinach, mesclun, romaine, red peppers, carrots, tomatoes, cucumber and raw dressing

so i did pretty good today in keeping my fat levels down- only 13 g. overt fats (lara bar) so definitely under 20 g. today. i am hungry though so i think i'll have an apple.

is tomorrow really only tuesday??? i keep working late sad smiley

Date: June 19, 2007 09:30AM

Hey khale..yay you made it to week 6..congrats to you!! i nknow you can make it all the way and further..keep it up
xoxoxo

Hey pakd4fun..wow what a tragic weekends..with lots of good life lessons...things happen and as much as we don't like it sometimes or agree i feel there is areason for wy things happen!!! so while i sympathize ( or offer my condulenses) i think things happend for a reason!!! i hope all is well and things are getting better and your friend and chickies are doing well..i do hope mama hen comes back too smiling smiley
xoxoxoox

hey rawdancer
Happy birthday to you
happy birthday to you
happy birthday dearest rawdancer smiling smiley
happy birthday to yoU!!!!
xoxoxoxo

meow yes raw probiotics..check it out!!!
oxoxo

suncloud..Optimum health institute...OHI....sort of like hippocrates and such..a place of healing and what not...

today was a good day at work..rode a roler coasterlocaly 3 times and the tilta whirl

then after work i went shopping for food for my mom and me since she will be here on wednesday...i went to henry's and bought
2 bags of baby carrots
5 things of sprouts(all they had)
1 thing of sunflower greens
2 things of sunflower seeds soaked
4 things of broccoli seed sprouts
2 pounds of grapes
4 pounds of zucchini
2 pound bag of limes
some cell food drops
2 things of stevia for my momma...

then went to whole foods and got:
2 2 pound bags of carrots
3 2 pound bags of cherries
2 big things of raw chocolate powder from nature's first law
1 thing of raw agave
5 pounds of tomatoes on vine and roma
12 avo's
3 galia
1 cantelope
1 honeydew
3 pounds of grapes
2 2 quart boxes of strawberries
15 dollars worth of dates
2 big things of bananas
2 big things of edible flowers
2 baskets of fresh figs

hmm i think that is all i got haha...but it was hard to find a place to put everything..i hope it lasts this week...(i mean without going bad...) but i don't have time tomorrow and wanted to get some things...

oh yeah i bought like 40 dollars worth of raw food bars for my mom's basket too!!!

then i came home and got the brother to eat some cherries i had gotten and he ate a whole bag..(from last shoppig spree i still had 2 bags of organic cherries..whole foods is great.....

and then afterputting everything away and eating a big smoothie i took a shower and started picking up my room enough to make a dent in it..i got 3 totes packed up..and 3 bags of stuff....and got my laundry together and mostly ready...still have a way to go but better....i am planning staying up all night to clean so i can then go to work and come home and relax....

we will see

here is what i ate today
1 small baby banana
1 cup of sugar snap peas
2 cups of lettuce
1 tomato
3 mangos
1/2 cup of strawberries
1 basket of fresh figs....

have a wonderful evening everyone...
take care and wish me luck getting my room packed up and ready to go

lots of love
earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 19, 2007 12:38PM

Good morning

I wanted to mention that on the occasions in which I've eaten cooked this past week there were no reprecussions of "sick", no stomach cramps, no real bloating or anything like that. It's an important mention because prior to this 7 weeks I spent a few days on a thread making a big deal of the possibility that raw weakens the digestive system. It doesn't. The only thing cooked does after raw is make you feel quite ordinarily icky like most people spend their lives feeling. Cooked makes one feel normal, which ain't a compliment to cooked, because normal by the "worlds" standards is pretty below par. I have no desire to feel this way anymore.

Elakti: Pakd4fun and I live very near one another...approx. one hour and a half distance...just a hop, skip and a jump. We've gotten together several times and hope for many more such occasions. In fact, we have plans to go to Sedona in October to the RawSpirit Fest in the same car! You can see a photo of the two of us on the "Pictures of You" thread.

Suncloud: I DO feel much better. I allowed myself to become overly stressed out last week and am making efforts to slow my jets down. I am extremely ambitious...not as the world knows ambition as I'm not motivated by money or fame...I'm spiritually ambitious, which may not be any the less negative, but the pressures are more internalized and harder to articulate. I become extremely impatient with myself when I sense that I'm falling away from awareness and getting lost in the soup. I want very much to feel "on purpose" and when I don't, I get antsy. I have to remind myself that I have an eternity to work these things out and that Time, as we think of it, doesn't really exist. And, of course, to just breath.

raw_dancer: Again, the happiest of birthdays to you!

I hope that all of you have a fantastic day!

Enjoy the FRUITS of Gods' good graces,

love, khale

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: June 19, 2007 01:03PM

Wow, you guys are doing great I need to start working towards the all raw side of things again.
What a great thread this is.

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Current Page: 18 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables