Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 20 of 22
Re: Seven Weeks All Raw
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 23, 2007 08:11AM

Hi Shawnasong, Glad you're back! You seem very happy and upbeat. Sounds like you had a great vacation!

I agree with Jgunn and Pakdforfun. Oranges are great! A highly underrated fruit these days I think.

My little experiment today with just greens and fruit (no fat) went OK. I feel like I learned a lot. For one thing, I found out I didn't really like the store-bought vegetables I had. I always thought before that they tasted great. That was with a lot of all kinds of stuff together in a salad, plus olive oil and lemon juice. But by themselves, I didn't really care for them much.

However, I DID very much like eating some of the honu honu grass (turtle grass) that grows wild all over. I ate the tops and stems, and it was very good. The stems are thick and tender and kind of juicy and gooey like aloe vera, except more sweet, not bitter. It's highly medicinal too, for both outside and inside the body.

Earlier I'd eaten some red leaf lettuce, and then some cauliflower and a sheet of nori. I felt like I was eating something old and dead.

So tomorrow I will try again and just eat fruit and the honu honu grass (no fat) and maybe sample some of the other wild green things around. I'll be grazing. smiling smiley

All in all, except during my run, I felt pretty good all day, had pretty much energy, and I wasn't hungry at all. Maybe if I can do this 2 or 3 times a week, I can average out at 80-10-10, even though on my fruit and nut/seed days I usually eat some small amount of overt fat twice a day.

I decided that it would feel totally unnatural for me to give up nuts or avos altogether. I'm just really into tree food! It feels so right to me. And seeds too! We got our food order today, and the fresh sesame and sunflower seeds smelled so good!

I notice the wild pigs sure do love the macadamia nuts and avocados. They've pulled down all the lower branches on the macadamia nut trees and eaten the immature nuts off them. That's Ok, cause there's still plenty on the trees that they can't reach. It's all good, because they @#$%& all over the place and fertilize the trees. They eat all the fallen fruit too, and that keeps down the med fly population.

We have a symbiotic relationship with the pigs. Everyone else shoots them, either for the meat, or to keep them from rooting up their gardens and foliage. We don't have a vegetable garden here, just a few flower bushes. The rest is forest and fruit and nut trees. They leave our all flower bushes alone (very unusual) and just eat the stuff that drops from the trees. They live in the forest and feel really safe here with us. We love to see them and their babies wandering all around, as long as they don't get too close. The boars have those big tusks, and they'll use them if they feel threatened. I usually call out to them when I'm wandering around so we don't run into each other by accident!

Today I ate: bananas, oranges, lychees, 2 leaves of red leaf lettuce, about 1/4 head of cauliflower, a sheet of nori, a few tips of honu honu grass, and a wild orchid (I won't be eating any more orchids: bitter!)

Exercise: ran 3 miles, walked 1 mile, 50 minutes aerobics with weights

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2007 08:22AM by suncloud.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: myst1kst0rm ()
Date: June 23, 2007 11:21AM

Good morning everyone!
I am still doing well, yesterday I started feeling dizzy and out of sorts a bit, having frequent evacuations & gas, nausea..I think im going through another detox phase. Today is day 19 & I have lost 13 pounds so far!!!

My teeth pain has GONE!! I took NO pain pills yesterday,I am still on the anti-biotics, but only for a couple more days..yay lol. I will start my probiotic regimen as soon as i'm done with them. I am going to the lake all day today, then work all night tonight lol. So tomorrow i'm not sure when I will get around to posting as I will be TIRED lol.

Yesterday's menu
----------------
1 slice ezekiel bread w/ almond butter, molasses & sorghum
1/2 cup coffee w/ maple syrup & 3 tbsp organic plain soy milk
1 banana
1 cup salad for lunch(baby spring mix w/ broccoli,carrots & pea pods)
-with red grapes & my sesame ginger dressing& brewersY. & Flax
1 cup cherries
1 cup salad with 1/2 avocado,red onion,1/2 vine tomato, the last of my sesame ginger dressing,brewers yeast & flax

4 cups of raw fresh juice of one lemon,1/2 a bunch of parsley,1/2 cucumber,1 large beet,& 4 ribs of celery

1/4 fresh cantalope

Smoking update: I ended up finding a pack of cigs my husband bought for me in my car, so ive been smoking still..today is my first day without smoking. I am still determined to quit!!!

Love & positive thoughts to all!!!
Tiffany

p.s. I keep forgetting stuff I ate lol,hence the editing

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2007 11:27AM by myst1kst0rm.

Posted by: khale ()
Date: June 23, 2007 01:06PM

Shawnasong! welcome back love and thank you for your inspired thoughts.

davidzanemason wrote something on another thread that has really stuck in my craw and given me much to think about. It's worth repeating here:

"It's somewhat of an illusion that we choose our diets. We choose our lifestyle - and will sort of automatically eat a diet that is in alignment with our goals. If our goal (conscious or subconscious) is to remain/be emotionally attached to certain people (in a negative way) and that is our over-riding goal - then we will keep a diet that keeps us in emotional/vibrational alignment with them...which is often a poor diet...regardless of our choices."

There have been several times in the last two weeks that I've been utterly bewildered by my own lapses into cooked as I can state with confidence that I don't crave it or even want it...so, why am I doing it? I think David has hit on something big here. There are some important relationships that I feel I've outgrown (and I feel guilty just saying that) and its with THESE people more than at any other time that I relapse into cooked food and old behaviors that no longer fit comfortably. As Shawna stated it: " this is the most intense spiritual, physical, emotional journey of our lives, this being raw thing" because its not separate from anything...raw is like a sutra running through every aspect of our lives, and very often, at least in my experience, the challenges connected with this way of eating do not directly relate to the food itself at all. Fascinating, isn't it?

EA: Don't neglect to get good rest. There is nothing more exhausting than moving.

Yesterday I had a smoothie for breakfast (banana, blueberry, mango)
then later an apple and a finger banana

then for lunch I had a big bowl of chunked veggies including broc, cauli, cukes, red bells and zucchini - dressed with an Annies dressing (I know, I know) and eaten with a toasted pita (again, I know - I need to address the bread thing)

for dinner I had a spinach and sliced orange salad with pine nuts. I had planned to make a corn chowder using fresh coconut water as the "stock", but I couldn't open the darn coconuts! It was hilarious...I was beating the hell out of it with a hammer and still it wouldn't so much as crack! If I can get someone to help with that I may try making that tonight.

later guys,

khale

Date: June 23, 2007 05:36PM

Hi Khale,

If the coconut still has the fibrous husk on it, you need a machete. You can hold the top with one hand and whack the coconut down along one side until you've whacked into the shell, but I find it easier to set the coconut down on the ground on its side and whack into it that way, cutting a V into the side that's up until the water is exposed. Then I can pour the water into a jar and turn the coconut and whack it some more to open it all the way.

Native Hawaiians can just hold the coconut in both hands and smash it down onto a rock a few times to loosen the husk. Then they strip off the husk with their hands.

If the cococnut has the husk off already, you can poke around for the soft hole at the top and dig in with a knife to open it and drain out the water. Then you can throw the coconut down onto a rock to open it.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 23, 2007 09:09PM

Good Saturday everyone. I am having a relaxing day.

Hey Shawnasong, Glad you had a nice trip. I enjoyed your post and I can relate. Thanks.

Suncloud- Good luck in your experiments. Where you live sounds wonderful. We have wild hogs on my in laws "farm" family get away. They kill them though. I hate it. I wish they were more like you.

What Davidzanemason wrote is interesting in many aspects. The transition to raw for me is harder on a relationship level than on a craving level. My circumstances and khales circumstances are quite different. I think if I were not trying to transition myself, my husband and our kids together as a family I would be at a whole other place. My son (2) would be the best transition, then me, then my 11 year old daughter, my husband would come in fourth and my 6 year old would bring up the rear. Instead we feel it is important to create a comfortable level for all. Khale, on the other hand, has a completely different dynamic surrounding her transition, as you all do. The reasons I eat cooked are, in a way, positive for me. I am just slowing my pace so it is comfortable as a family. What an unusual journey we are on.

Yesterday I ate:

-tea
-figs, figs, apple, figs
-tea
-figs
-we ate cooked for dinner.

I have noticed a few new things about my diet. One is when I ate cooked food for months after going mostly raw I just kept getting sicker and sicker after eating cooked. I would be in pain and tired for, at times, two days. This isn't the case anymore. Now I am mildly uncomfortable for less than an hour and then I seem to flush it out and heal pretty quickly. I have noticed I am attracted to cooked less and less. Alcohol is a perfect example. I haven't ever been much of a drinker but I would have a drink now and then and have three once a year or so if I was really whoppin' it up. Well in the last few months I have been just not wanting it. I have never forbidden it since going raw I just don't have any inclination for it. Another thing I took note of this morning was after I had cooked eggs for the kids ( I am allowing eggs for them although I haven't really wanted eggs and usually don't have any myself) I was near the skillet they had been in and thought 'what is that yucky smell?' I realized it was the eggs. Total turn off. I did the same thing when I went vegetarian. Meats started smelling really foul to me. Like litter boxes and BO. Sorry for the leangthy post but I wanted to update you guys on my progression.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 24, 2007 06:17AM

HI all...well y'all sound like you had a great day!! what happened to our thread...we are almost done and everyone has disappeared sad smiley...oh well the few the strong the raw foodies smiling smiley haha...have a great day everyone....

well here is my food for the day
1 slice of watermelon...(about 1/4 a cup)
1/2 cup of green grapes
1 cup of mushrooms
3 cups of grape tomatoes
1 cup of romaine
1/2 avo
1 orange
1/2 cup cucumbers
1 cup broccoli
1 cup of jamba juice

oh yeah i forgot the awesome nutrionist at the camp (also a friend of mine for like 4 years) offered to get me some raw foods so i had more then just the salad bar to eat..i otld her no but that was sooo sweet of her and i was excited..she said to let her know in case i need anything special smiling smiley what a doll she is!!!

well gotta get going to bed!!
sweet dreams
lots of love
earthangel
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 24, 2007 06:19AM

Good to hear you're feeling better Myst!

When I was trying to quit smoking the last time, I remember picking up cigarette butts off the street and bringing them home and smoking them. Is that disgusting or what?!

By tomorrow we'll read that you went all day today without a cigarette! smiling smiley

Today, I went till about 4:30 on just fruit and honu honu grass, but then I started getting hungry for something more, so I had a half avocado and a few coconut pieces. I'm feeling pretting good.

Tomorrow I'll be trying out the sprouted kamut for the first time.

Today I ate: bananas, oranges, lychees, a roma tomato, honu honu grass, 1/2 avocado, a few coconut pieces

Exercise: 1 hour yoga, ran 3 miles, walked 1 mile, 50 minutes aerobics with weights.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2007 06:23AM by suncloud.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 24, 2007 09:29AM

Havent had a moment to post, have had my family up for birthday celebrations.

Was great last night, went to a nice vegan restaurants and everyone ate plenty and were happy with their dinners. I had a huge salad- lettuce, avacado, spinich, greens and some tomato. Which was lovely although didnt really feel that into it- been fruit mostly for the past month. But was nice enough!!

Having a clementine feast this morning whilst family potter off to church.

Focusing on one or two fruits at the moment, apples and clementines seem to work well for mono mealing. As do melons- but they arent as easy to carry about with me!!.. going to get some baby melons and see how many I can fit in my rucksack lol

My litle sister got me three tubes of vegan toothpaste for my bday!! how cute smiling smiley chuffed!

Xxx raw_dancer

Date: June 25, 2007 01:35AM

hey all!! Just a quick update before I go to work.. I went to the lake and camped overnight with a bunch of friends..guess what?? I decided to hold off quitting smoking because i didnt want to be irritable lol.. it sounded like a good idea at the time, but it sounds like a lame excuse now sad smiley BUT, I went through my first serious craving last night..everyone ate the normal cookout camp foods and I snuck in the tent and ate my salad quietly..LOL A friend asked me why I wasnt eating and i told her, she asked me later if i wanted a baked potato or would I like it raw?? lOl

But I managed to make it through camping out without eating anything ofgf plan but about 5 crisps of natures best berry chips lol..not bad in my book for my first real cravings for cooked food in 14 days!!!
Hope everyone is well.. blessings, Tiffany

Date: June 25, 2007 06:56AM

Myst, that was sweet that your friend asked you if you wanted a raw baked potato! Sounds like you're doing well.

And rawdancer, you got 3 tubes of vegan toothpaste from your little sister. That's so cute!

This morning I woke up with some sensitivity symptoms from the greens (I guess) that I ate the last 2 days. I never exactly got to see how it would be to eat just the WILD greens and no fat, but I guess I can try that later sometime. I did find out that I got hungry on Saturday when I was trying to do that, and it didn't satisfy me to just eat more fruit and/or more wild greens.

I don't really like making myself stay hungry unless I'm fasting. I'm afraid that if I do that, I'll pay for it later with a binge. That was my former mode.

A couple of days ago, I got the kamut that I'd ordered. I started soaking it right away, and today it was sprouted and ready to eat. Normally I wouldn't have eaten it because I already had the greens blues, but the little kamut sprouts just looked so pretty and friendly. So I did eat them, and they were very good. They tasted like sprouted wheat, but more tender. I mixed them with tomato, avocado, chopped leek, cilantro, dulse, and lemon juice. I think they would have been better without the avocado. Next time I'll try them with olive oil instead of avocado maybe, and add some chopped cucumber.

So now it's 3 days in a row of greens. I haven't done that in a long time. Good thing I've been exercising a lot. That helps. Tomorrow I might be taking a nice long hike! I love to hike. It's my absolutely favorite thing to do!

Then Tuesday I'll try to water fast.

Today I ate: bananas, oranges, tomatoes, about 1/2 cup sprouted kamut, some chopped leek, 1/2 avocado, cilantro, dulse, lemon juice, lychee, less than 1/4 cup sprouted brown sesame seeds (measured dry), a few soaked pumpkin seeds (they weren't very good - not fresh).

Exercise: 1 hour yoga, ran 3 miles, walked 1 mile, 50 minutes aerobics with weights

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2007 07:09AM by suncloud.

Date: June 25, 2007 07:06AM

Earthangel,

I think you're really doing well. You seem to be eating just a little of some kind of raw vegan fat, but you don't seem to be overeating, and you're not eating cooked food.

You're doing great!

Pakdforfun, I know what you mean about the smell of cooked meat. The smell that really bothers me these days is when someone is cooking with butter. Oh, so sickening! I used to love butter!

Date: June 25, 2007 12:11PM

Good morning! I'm still here guys...sorry for the M.I.A. status

I'm pressed for time this morning but will try to get back before leaving home.

Week 7! Can you believe it?

khale

Date: June 25, 2007 12:39PM

ok, i'm hone from work yay! I went all night(which is my day.. without smoking!! I had some serious cravings at first but I stuck it out smiling smiley Everything is going good..I have some odd gas/gurgles going on, might be from food combining? I had a HUGE salad, a bit of coconut,cherries,a few grapes and some spearmint water..pure & unsweetened.
In my last post I said I have been raw 14 days, I meant to say today is 3 weeks for me. I have lost a total of 14 lbs in 21 days, which averages out to about 5 lbs a week..so0 thats awesome in my book!! I havent even started a real exersise routine yet either.. Well anyway, im not in this just to lose weight, but to get healthy and vibrant and more in tune!! I am reall impressed and amazed that you all are on week 7!!! WOW!!! Thats awesome!! You all deserve a pat on the back for your wonderous efforts to change and renewal of your lives!!!

Blessings,Myst

Date: June 25, 2007 01:15PM

I just remembered i ate some pickles the past 2 days..I just read somewhere that others have had problems with fermented foods?? I bet that this is whats causing my gas and bubbly tummy lol

Date: June 25, 2007 02:04PM

This has been an incredible adventure! and it's only just beginning!

I've had to take a good, long look at my lifestyle, my companions and relationships, my thought-processes and attitudes, my relationship to food, family traditions and the social milieu in which I find myself. Some of this has been painful, and remains so, and I've discovered a tendency to self-sabatoge; to be "lost" in order to hide from the inevitable changes taking place within me. There is no turning back. There is, however, a very real danger in becoming bogged down in conflict if the willingness to die to an old way of life and being is not embraced. This is my primary battle now. It's go forward or remain stagnant- returning to the past is not an option.

You've all been wonderful companions along the way and I hope to maintain contact with all of you as we continue in our efforts to change our lives for the better, starting with our diets. After this week I will call a brief time-out, perhaps a week or two, and then I'll initiate another 7 Weeks. I need it and I'm hoping that there are others on this forum who need it too.

I did badly this weekend. I ate alot of bread along with my vegetables and salads and way too much refined sugar products, including chocolate. I feel the difference in my body and in my emotions and thought processes. The extent to which food affects every aspect of bodily life (which includes thought and feeling) still amazes me and makes me glad. That life runs on a certain order or by natural laws is comforting to me and that by changing what goes into ones' mouth one can change ones entire life (or at the very least, to give oneself a fighting chance) fills me with hope; not only for myself, but for all of us who suffer, struggle and desire a life well-lived.

Seven is a number of autonomy and authority. Interesting that the word "authority" shares the same root with the word "authentic". To have personal authority one needs to speak and act authentically, or from experience. Without this seven weeks, some of us would have lacked authority in our comments or opinions regarding a raw diet, and would have bandied about mere words based on what we've read or heard instead of being able to speak from the heart which has grown wise from experience. I spent almost a year on this forum doing just that. Today, I'm not inclined to speak so fast and when I do I can speak from experience...not all victorious (another symbolic meaning of the number 7 - victory) but with compassion based on my own encounters with self-limitation and fears and failure. Failure, after all, is a great goad, and as they say, sometimes the best teacher of all.

I love you guys and am looking forward to week 7.

Let's make it a victorious week!

khale

Date: June 25, 2007 03:52PM

Another lovely post Khale.

Myst- My Mother-in-law and I were talking about quitting smoking to my good friend who has been trying to quit for a couple years now. My MIL made a comment that rang true with me. She quit with half a pack in the pantry. It is a mind set. I also want to remind you of the taper down method if you feel like trying it. It worked so well for me that I don't have the least bit of craving for one. I wish all tons of luck and support.

I feel great today. I feel grounded and relaxed. I worked on my house and yard this weekend and it feels less hectic when things are neat. The lawn is about an acre and a bit wild, so when it needs mowing it looks really bad. After it is mowed it looks like a beautiful park smiling smiley. If anyone wants to visit I will mow it for you smiling smiley. I have fantasized about having raw retreats here.

Yesterday I ate:
-tea
-banana, figs, banana, figs
-figs, figs
-tea
-seaweed salad (wakame,cucumber,tomato,lemon, sesame seeds, splash of olive oil) so yummy.
-candy my husband made (not sure what was in it other than brazil nuts, walnuts, sunflower seeds and carob) it was fantastic!
-tea

I guess you guys notice how many figs I have been eating. I have been doing that off and on for months. I guess since becoming mostly raw. Everything about them is like heaven to me. From the moment I put them into my mouth to the end of digestion they agree with me like we were made for each other. I have a theory as to why this is. I have had candida and my body has been fighting the symptoms. I think my body has been fighting to come up with the calcium to fight the acidity in my stomach from all the dairy I ate. Figs are high in calcium. Two days ago my 11 year old said your teeth look good. It is very unusual to get an unsolicited compliment from her. She is full of comments about something not looking good, HA HA. I looked in the mirror and she was right. My teeth hadn't looked white in years. Last year I tried those white strips but they didn't do anything. I think it's the figs. it must be. I know i must have been deficient in calcium. I was eating dairy which was only making it worse. You guys must be sick of my long posts.

have a great day!

Date: June 25, 2007 06:22PM

HI Khale,

Missed you yesterday. Another wonderful post!

Sweet Khale, it seems to me that if a person is very socially inclined like you obviously are (and that's a GOOD thing), going raw could easily be especially challenging. So much social life revolves around food. And in a place like New Orleans, where the food and smells and spices etc. must be especially attractive, well I can see how it could sometimes be pretty hard.

But you can do it! You've shown us that you can, plus your determination to go again is so positive and good!

I'll probably be gone when you start your next 7 weeks. My sister and I will be taking our "granny tour" to see my son's family in Virginia and her daughter's family in Texas.

I'll try to come online for a few days in mid-July, since my son has a computer. I'll be home in August, and hope to join you from there.

I think it's great that you're wanting to do this again. I hope others on this thread want to go again too, and maybe some of the ones that dropped out, and some new folks.

I feel like this past 7 weeks has brought me into a new area of experimentation, and it helps to record. I'm going to try a more (botanically defined) fruitarian regimen, meaning fruits, nuts, sprouted seeds and sprouted grains. Plus some flowers. I might add a little bit of seaweed and wild greens, if I feel like I want them.

I just want to do what my body is telling me for a while and see what happens. And my body is saying to me: "No salads". At least for now.

Hey Myst, congratulations on your weight loss, and for no smoking last night! Yay!

Hey Pakdforfun, no, we're not sick of your long posts! Love reading every word you write. It's neat to read about everybody's new discoveries on a raw food diet. Even the supposedly little things can have such significance!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2007 06:27PM by suncloud.

Date: June 25, 2007 07:31PM

Khale- I live in North central arkansas, not too far from you! smiling smiley My birth number just happens to be seven, mabey thats my problem..hehe Eating this way has changed me in ways that I hadnt really expected. And I am really exited because i know I am only 3 weeks in and it can only get better from here. One of the things i am most grateful for, is before I started raw, I heard David Wolfe speaking about how so many people try to do 100% and go off plan, get discouraged, start cycles of ending and beginning ect. He said that it is not the percentages that are important but the journey itself. I am trying to stay peaceful with my eating, no matter what my choices are, a gentle focus, a gentle directing if i start to stray.. like in meditation, trying too hard only makes it impossible to relax. I cant remember his exact words, but it has given me so much peace. All I can do is give my all in this moment, and if my all is above 75%( I am around 90%) I am doing REALLY awesome!! Millions of people are slowly killing themselves with thier diet, and I thank spirit that ive been given an open mind & heart enough to hear the truth.

Pakd- I have a serious love for figs also, and I plan on trying to grow my own trees. Unfortunately I have not been able to find any figs around here yet, but theres a couple farmers markets I need to check out still smiling smiley I didnt know about the calocium, I also have candida.. and have had it for a LONG time.
As far as my smoking goes..I remembered that i have two packs of cloves left, so I am just going to smoke a clove when the desire gets to be too much for me. The first time I quit, i used cigars..within a week i had quit, and I quit for 9 months.. the second time i did it cold turkey!! But its been awhile since then, and i want this time to last forever... Thank you for the support!! I appreciate you all letting me in so late, and putting up with me lol..

Love, Myst

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 25, 2007 07:53PM

It was v cute! lol vanilla sea salt toothpaste, tastes yum!!..not sure I am meant to eat it mind..lol

Went and got a load of fruits in to last the week today, pears, apples, strawberries, banana and clementines (2-3kg of each)

the weekend kind of messed up my normal routine of juicing and packing fruit etc. I was close to passing out today when out shopping.. normally I have my rucksack n everything.. ugh lol silly me!

Back to normal now tho, so its all good, plenty of fresh produce to feast on rest of this week smiling smiley

Not much to report today

Drank some water, ate a raw-bar before I passed out.. been drinking more water tonight.

Raw_dancer xxxxxxxx

Date: June 25, 2007 08:33PM

Suncloud, what part of Texas will you be in? Maybe Khale and I can pop over for a picnic. How 'bout you Myst? Roadtrip?

Myst, You have candida? Doesn't it suck? My fig tree is several years
old and is just now getting some figs on it. I am so excited. The figs I eat now are dried. I buy them from [rawfromthefarm.com] . Good luck in whipping candida.

Date: June 26, 2007 12:43AM

...so much to respond to!

I love Arkansas, figs, and pakd4funs' long posts.

My Dad will have ripe figs in a few weeks and I can't wait.

Myst: I took a camping/road trip to Eureka Springs one summer and just loved the whole state. Since then I've made several short trips to Hot Springs for the weekend. It's the closest spot near me with the biggest difference in scenery and etc. Always a nice getaway.

It was a good day today. I came immediately home after work and piddled the afternoon away...it felt wonderful. It rained all afternoon and I love to be home in my ugly clothes on a rainy day.

I ate a cantaloupe starting with cantaloupe milk (I love this stuff) and then chunks of fruit throughout the morning. then I had a spring mix salad with cured kalamata olives and a thin avocado dressing for lunch. for dinner I made a thick corn chowder with a rich almond milk and lots of fresh corn seasoned with fresh jalapeno, freshly ground coriander, cumin and garlic with a pinch of salt. very good.

There are a couple of peaches left (grocery shopping tomorrow) so I may have those for dessert, if necessary.

suncloud: I'm not really a social critter at all. I have only a handful of close friends and not a large social group of acquaintances. But the friends whose influences I've been feeling most keenly lately, and especially as it pertains to food, are an old woman friend of 20+ years, and a boyfriend. My family factors in too. I was a professional, restaurant cook for over 16 years. My family and friends know me as a major food lover, a very good cook not afraid to experiment, and a damned good line cook and caterer. While eating any meal, but especially one I've cooked myself, my tableside conversation has always centered around the meals I have not yet cooked, or how the meal could have been done better, or meals my companions and I have shared before. For many years I cooked the family Christmas dinner and so on...So even though I don't really identify with this part of myself anymore (I got out of the biz almost 12years ago), some of the people around me do...or they miss her and her cooking.

But it runs deeper than that.

Myst: I ordered David Wolfes' "Sunfood Diet Success System" this weekend and put a rush on it. It should be in Wednesday. I'm really looking forward. I'm not looking to find THE way, or my raw food guru or anything (maybe that's one of the reasons I keep putting off reading Graham as people tend to get a bit "devoted" when it comes to him), I just want to read as many points of view and experiences as are out there, and hopefully, get re-inspired. But I liked what you said in paraphrasing him. I really make every effort to stay journey oriented and not get all hung up on some percentage destination. Thanks for the reminder.

have a good evening friends,

khale

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: June 26, 2007 02:45AM

Hi everyone! I don't have so much time on the computer these days...may catch up some in a couple days...

I've had today oranges, cherries, Kent mango, watermelon...and a salad, and some celery and a couple kalamata olives. With the salad I had a tahini dressing.

Really no time, unfortunately, would love to thoroughly catch up and linger and chat...

all is well! Still 100% raw!!! Doing better on the fat intake...it is going to be a gradual transition to the "10-ish" number, but I am definitely so much improved by decreasing overt fat intake and increasing fruit intake. I now am no holds bar on eating fruit and it is marvelous. I am going to start eating a few walnuts for the overt fat. Avocados I REALLY enjoy still...but not so many. A lot of watermelon lately! A lot of cherries. And am enjoying the mangos again, the big ones, after so many ataulfo.

Good elimination, good sleep. All is well.

Elakti smiling smiley)))))))))))))

Date: June 26, 2007 04:16AM

Hi Khale,

Your former line of work certainly explains why you come up with such great sounding raw food dishes! Sorry to have presumed about your social life, but yours is still more of a social life than mine, so maybe that's why I had that impression. And you've definitely been a social hit with us here on this thread! I'm a total homebody myself. My best friend lives down the road from me, and I hardly ever see her, although we have long conversations over the phone. The only other people I usually see are my husband and the people at work (and I'm not working very much right now except around our place).

Pakdforfun, I'll be in Austin. If you and Khale and your kids or Myst or whoever felt like touring on over that way, I'd love to see you! We'll be staying in a hotel, because my sister's daughter doesn't have her own house. If you wouldn't mind, you could possibly spend the night with us in the hotel. We'll have a suite with 2 rooms. That way you wouldn't have to drive all the way back the same day. Or if you'd feel cramped, we could maybe camp out at the lake. I'm not sure if I could camp or not because my sister isn't in good health, and she's not exactly into camping. And she may be depending on me to drive her.

Anyway, whatever works out, or if nothing works out, "it's all good" (as rawdancer says)!"

But I'd LOVE to see you. I feel so honored that you'd even suggest it!

My husband had a great quote today. He said, "The thing about being an optimist is when it's bad, it's good, when it's mediocre, it's great, and when it's good, it's nirvana!"

He said that while he was enjoying our hike today. It was a great hike.

Elakti, glad to see you're still doing so well!

Today I ate: bananas, oranges, apricots, 1/2 avocado, about 10 macadamia nuts.

Exercise: Hiking up and down through rainforest, over lava, and across 2 craters at Volcanoes National Park, about 9 miles I think. Good for the old knee I hope. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2007 04:24AM by suncloud.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 26, 2007 07:17AM

hey everyone..yay week 7 can you blieve it we made it soo far this is great!! take care everyone....
falling asleep or i would write more haha

hmm well here is what i ate today
1 banana
1 cup of sugar sprout peas in pod
2 cups of kale
2 cups of sprouts
1 date

have a wonderful day and evening everyone...i have got to get some sleep i am sooo tired!

lots of love
earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 26, 2007 12:55PM

Suncloud, I would love to come see you in Austin. What about you Khale? When will you be there?

Yesterday I ate:

-tea
-two bananas
-dried cherries
-leftover candie hubby made
-ezekial bread with mustard, lettuce, cukes and tomatoes
-sprouted alomonds

The cherries didn't agree with me. I got a lot of gas. The kids were making the sandwiches and it actually made me feel better when I stole a bite so I had one myself. the theatre is having free movies for kids this summer. we are off to do that and then to the library and finally grocery shopping.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Date: June 26, 2007 01:04PM

good morning

suncloud: I'd LOVE to meet you! I am working to set aside funds for our trip to Sedona in October and to clear up some unfinished money business so that I can begin formally studying Naturopathy by the first of next year at the latest, but I'm open to considering this small road trip if pakd4fun is game. I know that she has travel plans near and far too. We'll see how it goes.

My primary goal this week is to cut out all unnecessary busyness and obligation and to come home as soon as possible after work is done. At least part of the difficulties I experienced with staying raw last week stemmed from feeling scattered out, unorganized and over-stretched. By the time I got home I didn't care what I ate, and many times in the last few weeks I've still been away from home way past dinnertime. That's always a precarious situation.

I hope that all of you have a productive and satisfying day

talk soon,

khale

Date: June 26, 2007 08:12PM

Dear Khale and Pakdforfun and Myst and anyone else,

I'm so excited about the possibility of getting together! I already went ahead and rented another room at the same hotel where my sister and I are staying. I can always cancel later if no one can make it over.

The hotel is about 1 mile from a Whole Foods Store, and the room is a suite with a main room and sofa bed, plus master bedroom and FULL KITCHEN, so we raw folks can putter around and come up with groovey raw concoctions if we so desire.

I also talked to my sister this morning and she said her daughter could drive her around for a day if they had other plans. I know her daughter already planned on taking those days off work.

Logistically, one difficulty is that most of my touring time will be spent at my son's house in Virginia. My sister joins me there, and we come into Austin the evening of Tuesday, July 23, and then we fly home on the very early morning of Saturday, July 28. So that doesn't leave a very big window of time, and absolutely no weekend time. Wednesday will be our first full day there, and we have plans that day for visiting the people who actually care for my grandneice (it's a complicated situation).

I made a reservation for Thursday night. That way, if you come in late, we could still get together on Friday. But now that you know my schedule, maybe you could talk it over and see what if anything you come up with. I'm open to whatever within that time frame, and I can change the reservation to another night, since there are still vacancies.

Please send me a PM when you're ready, and we can exchange phone numbers if you like.

This is so exciting! A little scary though too. I'm really such a social retard! Hope nobody minds. smiling smiley

Khale, that's great you'll be studying Naturopathy.

Date: June 26, 2007 09:49PM

ooooo. I should have said I am socially awkward. Case in point! I apoligize.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2007 09:51PM by suncloud.

Date: June 26, 2007 10:19PM

LOL!! Socially awkward will fit right in with me. I haven't "fit in" for so long I am comfortable with it.

How exciting indeed. It will work out well for me because I am planning on being near Austin for a family reunion the last weekend of July. We can talk about it and see if we can work it out. I would love to camp. I don't think I can afford such a nice room but the thought of uncooking together sounds wonderful. I will discuss it further with my husband and Khale.

Date: June 26, 2007 10:58PM

Dear pakd4fun,

Wow. That's great you were already planning to be near Austin anyway.

The room's on me! It would definitely be more convenient than camping, but if camping's more to your liking, that would be great too. Either way it would be lots of fun for sure. Please don't worry about the room though! smiling smiley

Are you familiar with the Austin area?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2007 11:01PM by suncloud.

Current Page: 20 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables