Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 14 of 22
Re: Seven Weeks All Raw
Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: June 06, 2007 03:34AM

Khale---they are a little bit like a cross between raisins and cranberries. They are not very sweet. I've had some that are better than others...some are fresher than others, I think. I like them mixed with raisins, or shredded coconut. They are good also soaked in water. Maybe the soaking returns them to something nearer their fresh state. They are a superb source of vit C, extremly high in antioxidants and probably a zillion other goodnesses. I like to slice bananas, and top with soaked goji's and maybe shredded coconut...a super duper fruit bowl! Try them! I think I'm going to make the banana goji thing now. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: meow ()
Date: June 06, 2007 04:33AM

khale, i didn't like gojis at all. i tried them when i worked at a health supplement/vitamin store and they didn't taste like a fruit at all- they weren't tart, really, just kind of dry and...i don't know, not sweet like you'd expect fruit to taste like. maybe i just got a bad bag, i don't know. if you mask the flavor w/ something else though, maybe they'd be better. i do know they're really good for you so it's worth a shot!

Elakti, that's so cool that you have those wild parrots in San Diego! i wonder if sach/EA ever sees them?!

pakd4fun, chickens! that is so much fun. i've always loved chickens, we have a farm in Vt where i used to live where you can go play with the chickens. for some reason i find almost nothing as satisfying as befriending a chicken! there was one that loved me and used to let me hold her and pet her smiling smiley so cute.

i was really hungry today. here's what i had:

-choc. coconut lara bar, banana
-2 bananas
-STARVING!! organic food bar (90% raw), salad from whole foods salad bar w/ spinach, mesclun, a little romaine, carrots, peas, onions, raw ACV (so happy they have this!) and a drizzle of olive oil
-apple & banana
-baby carrots, a few w/ raw hummus and most w/ raw dressing leftover from last night's salad
-2 big, fresh tomatoes and a baby cucumber w/ a little raw dressing
-apple & banana

i could easily keep eating- especially another lara bar. i really want to...but i only have one left and they're so expensive. i will just go to bed soon!

i didn't eat my usual smoothie this morning or make fruit salad for lunch b/c i was running really late. i missed both of those foods, so tomorrow i'll make sure i eat them! i feel like i got barely any fruit in today, and not much variety. oh well. my bananas are perfectly ripe though, i think i could eat them all day.

my boss (the guy, not the girl- the girl would never do this) tried to force feed me toast this morning. with peanut butter, nonetheless. it was sort of funny but mostly sad. i guess he thinks i'm not eating and that's why i've gotten skinny. i hate that everyone's first thought when a girl loses weight is "oh, she's probably starving herself!" but hey, it is beverly hills. ugh. oh well, i am responsible for my body and i answer to myself, and i know what i'm doing is healthy! that's all i really care about.

tomorrow is wednesday- halfway to the weekend smiling smiley happy week 4, everyone, we are still going strong! whatever happened to tiffany? is she still around? i haven't seen a post from her in a long time sad smiley

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 06, 2007 06:18AM

Sounds like everyone is doing really well and staying very raw. smiling smiley We're just rawing away! Yay for everybody! We're almost at the half-way point of the 7 weeks. And I hope we all continue to stay raw. I think this thread has been very nice for getting many of us motivated toward 100% or very close to it.

Khale, did you grow your tomatoes? What else are you growing? I like to hear about us raw folks growing our own food. I don't have a garden, except for the little one at school, but I do have fruit trees.

Elakti, congratulations on your 14 pound loss! You must be feeling great! I probably would have gone to the doctor like Miss Joan if I saw red streaks, but it's so good to know you healed on your own. I always put tea tree oil on all my cuts and scrapes, and it's amazing how well it works to kill infection, as long as I put it on right away and keep on using it until the danger of infection is past.

Today I had: strawberries, lychees, bananas, oranges, 3/4 of a huge avocado, tomato, cucumber, lemon juice, some red bell pepper chunks, 1/4 cup sprouted brown sesame seeds (measured dry), 1/4 cup sprouted sunflower seeds (measured dry).

Exercise: ran 3 miles, walked 1 mile, 50 minutes aerobics with weights

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2007 06:24AM by suncloud.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 06, 2007 07:26AM

here is what i ate today
2 galia melons
2 cups of sprouts
2 glasses of orange juice
1 cup of carrots
1 smoothie 1/2 cup of oj....1/2 cup of strawberries 1/2 of a banana and 1/2 cup of ice...yummy!!!

well i didn't have as much today...but since i have been eating more i have felt so bloated and gross..i feel huge...
so i am taking a break from that amount back down a little but not as low as usual...

i am off to bed..sorry to not post much haha...but i think today is one of those days...keep up the good work everyone
oh and my thoughts on goji is not worth the price smiling smiley they taste like little mini bite size pieces of cardboard smiling smiley
enjoy them if youlike them though
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: khale ()
Date: June 06, 2007 11:17AM

Yes. Where is tiffany? I've been missing her too.

and thanks for the input on goji berries. I think I'll just keep passing them by...

suncloud: I don't have a garden. I bought these tomatos at a mom and pop grocery that hosts an early morning farmers market on Tuesdays. I suppose that the grocery buys the tomatos that are not sold during the market hours (which are very early in the morn). I wish very much that I did have one, believe me.

Yesterday I purchased two big bunches of organic bananas for a buck! The peels were almost black they were so ripe, but still firm and very sweet and delicious. The guy at the checkout asked if I planned to use them for compost! I peeled them all and put them in the freezer, with visions of banana/pine nut pops dancing in my head.

Eating raw is beginning to feel less and less strange to me, which is a good thing. And I'm not really losing a lot of weight. I think I've lost around 6lbs. since we began - but people are commenting and my mother says that I look like I'm shrinking. But I like the way I look and feel and need soon to start focusing more on exercise. I'm walking every day weather permitting (it hasn't permitted much in the last week) and doing the 5 Tibetans, but I could use an every other day free weight routine for my upper body and squats wouldn't do me any harm either.

Well you guys, time to scoot

and as always, the pleasure is all mine,

make it a good one,

khale

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 06, 2007 02:08PM

Good morning everybody. We are halfway there!!!

I wasnt paying attention to my eating yesterday so I will do my best to remember.

I had:
-Tea
-2 bananas
-raisins and cashews
-guacamole
-tea
-carrots and zucchini hummus with sundried tomatoes, rosemary and olives (Double yum)
-jalepinos stuffed with cashew cheese (I love these)
-tea

Everyone sounds chipper and upbeat. I am feeling a little bit of the raw "high." I felt it before when I went 100% for 4 weeks. Is any one else starting to feel this? I know some of you were already 100% when we started. Earthangel? That feeling is something that really motivates me.

I am looking so skinny. I have lost 7 pounds since we started. I am keeping up with my excersize and I hope I will buff up. I am doing pilates and free weights. I would like to start running. I am going to think about it. I always loved running as a kid. I even ran a school district marathon in fifth grade. I did well too. I have always imagined being a marathon runner.

Posted by: myst1kst0rm ()
Date: June 06, 2007 02:24PM

Hello, I am new here and on my 3rd day raw! I know its late in the game here on this thread, but i would love some others to talk to about the journey!
My name is Tiffany also,I noticed there is another by that name here.. you all can just call me myst I guess winking smiley

Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: June 06, 2007 02:39PM

Welcome, Myst. It's always great to see someone want to be in the best health they can. This is an awesome thread. You'll "meet" really nice, supportive people here. Enjoy your 4th day!!

Joan

Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: June 06, 2007 02:40PM

Yesterday:

- 1 avocado.
- 1 small bunch green grapes.
- 4 oz. raspberries.
- 4 oz. blueberries.
- 2 cups of raw spinach. so sweet.

<333
Hope everyone's doing well. I'm going to try to get my friends to eat raw food today.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 06, 2007 02:42PM

Welcome myst and good luck rawfrancois.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 06, 2007 10:29PM

Ok, I have debated for weeks about joining this thread. I wasn't sure if I could commit to 100% raw but I am so inspired by everyone who contributes that I think I am ready. Everyone that has joined this group seems so incredibly authentic and supportive. Thank you khale for starting this I have been encouraged everyday that I read it. I am not quite at 100% but getting there slowly. I think khale wrote that it took her a year to transition to completely raw. I hope that it is okay if I join. Maybe that I have committed to the thread I will persevere. thanks so much to everyone you have no idea how helpful you have all been in my goal to achieve 100%.

Date: June 06, 2007 10:49PM

Hows it do ma peoplez?

Hello! chica and myst - welcome. I'm very excited to have you both join us. woo hoo!

rawfrancoise - long time no see. i was thinking about you today as one of a number of posters we haven't seen in awhile. good to see you're still afoot.

I was taking a breather before preparing dinner (I'm doing sunflower tabouli again) and wanted to say hi

i'll post my food and stuff later

khale

Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: June 06, 2007 11:06PM

Chica: Welcome! smiling smiley You won't find a nicer group of people or more support anywhere. Good luck and have a rawsome evening!

Joan

Date: June 07, 2007 01:02AM

Quick post...my housemate is finally returning home soon, after almost 3 months.

I had bananas, and a red delicious apple. I got to work and had half hour and was so hungry for greens, I got a salad at Subway, loaded with greens and tomatoes. Later had the small salad I brought and another large plate of greens when I got home. I feel really well. I must've been craving minerals.

Later will have fruit. Maybe another salad! Celery sounds good.

I'll have orange juice too, I am sure.

Welcome everyone new, and hello again rawfrancois.

Gotta go, good day and good night all!

Elakti

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: June 07, 2007 03:01AM

Hey guys. Sorry I havne't written in a little while. I've been really really depressed the last two days. I don't know why or what triggered ti btu it's been bad. I've stayed all raw and lots of exercise though but it's not really helping too much. I'm really lonely right now. All my friends are visiting home and so i don't really have anyone in the city right now. And work is stressing me out. They keep changing my schedule and i make appointments or plans do go to yoga do laundry and then they call me like its my obligation to work when i'm not scheduled and guilt trip me when i try to say no. Anyways sorry to rant but i'm really frustrated. Luckily I stop working in July so i can get through the next 3 weeks right? I'm also really frustrated with how i look. I havne't been weighing myself but i just feel huge and bloated (maybe from my peridod) and every time i see my reflection i really just want to scream it makes me sick. I don't get it I'm eating all raw and well and I'm exercising a lot and not eating too late at night etc. And I know this isn't my optimum weight I have fat hanging all over me yuck. OK anyways sorry for all the negatives I just needed to put it out there.
ON a more positive note i thought i'd put my goals that i had to write dowm for the class I'm taking, here.
-stop being inconsistent with raw and fully commit cuase that's what i want (no mroe excuses)
- make this more my life style and less my diet and stand up for it esp. in social situatuions
- get back down to my optimum weght and be satisfied with whatever that ends up being
dance more
put more love into my food prep and me
stop saying i'm raw to get over an eating disorder becuase that sounds temporary. intsead say becuase i believe in it
- learn more about portion sizes
- stop my raw gourmet phase eventually( move to simpler foods)
OK Yesterday let me try to remember what i ate:
2 bowls of raw granola w.almond milk
2 raw oatmeal cookies
mexican burriots (avacado tomatoe and jalpeno mashed up and wraped in collard leaves)
carton of raspberries
banana ice cream out of 1.5 bananas
I think that's it. I tried to not eat a green smoothie yesterday cause at my class they said it was bad food combining but i really didin't feel satisfied all day without it so this morning i had
1 green smoothie (collards, apple, orange, strawberries
1 bowl of raw granola
4 dates
2 oatmeal cookies
1 bowl of oats soaked w/honey
1 plate of parsnip made into angel hair w/capers and olive oil and 3 sundried tomatoes
1 necatarine
1 baby apricot
6 oz of carrot celery juice
oh and 1 oz of wheat grass both days
both days i took a 12 mile bike ride
pak: hehe thanks so do you my dear! what is the recipie for the stuffed jalenos??? I want some!
sc: yeah i did mean what do you put on them but that sounds nice with nothing on them. i should try that. thanks
khale: that sauce sounds amazing. i'm gonna have to make it. I don't like goji's but that's just me. and don't ge the dark chocoalte ones if you read tha back they of conr syrup and all sorts of nasty stuff if they are the ones i've seen...
meow: you have such a great attitude!

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: June 07, 2007 04:38AM

hello hello! i had such a good day today...no reason in particular, i just felt really happy all day and got a great run in and now i just feel...effervescent..hehe.

welcome to myst and chica! chica is what i call my cats, lol. it's nice to see our group growing!

starfruit, i hope you are feeling better soon. i think it's normal to get in these slumps. i've certainly had my ups and downs since becoming raw.

i think if you really want to lose weight, try eating more plain fruits and simple salads- but i doubt you really need to lose weight at all, hun!

i feel 100% better today. i think the car accident i was in contributed to the headache as well as the cooked pbj i ate. i also have some shoulder pain, maybe from tensing up during the accident, or just being stressed afterwards. i want to get a massage this weekend but i have to see if i can either fit it into my budget (not likely) or convince my ex boyfriend to give me a massage (very likely!).

here's my food for the day...

-smoothie w/ 2 bananas, mango, strawberries, blueberries, oj
-lara bar & 2 bananas throughout morning/afternoon (ate lunch late)
-fruit salad w/ about 2 c. mango and 1.5 c. strawberries, and LIVING TABOULI!!! i got it at whole foods and it was made from sprouted buckwheat. it was so good and it gave me so much energy, i am going to try to incorporate more sprouted grains from now on b/c my body really responded well to it. i ate the whole container...too bad, otherwise i would have more for tomorrow! i will make my own this weekend though
-apple & banana
-ran 3 miles, did abs/upper body stuff
-handful of baby carrots w/ raw dressing while making dinner
-big huge salad w/ spinach, mesclun, romaine, red pepper, broccoli, carrots, a tomato, 1/4 of an avo, raw dressing
-apple

woohoo i am really feeling this raw thing today. after i go through a tough period, i always seem to come out stronger. the key is to make it through the bad detox and stay raw, b/c it is sooo worth it.

have a lovely day tomorrow everyone!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 07, 2007 06:08AM

Looks like we've got more new people on this thread. Welcome new ones!

Pakdforfun, I hope you're not getting too skinny, but it sounds like you're feeling pretty good. And it's good you're keeping up with the pilates and weights. About marathons, I've never run one, but I walked one all the way with my son in December 2005. It was great. It was so inspiring to see the old, the young, and even the blind and disabled, all together with the common goal of just finishing. One of the best times of my life, definitely. We finished in 8 hours and 11 minutes (oh well, if I ever run one, I'll probably beat my old record!). smiling smiley

And nice to hear again from Rawfrancois and Starfruit.

Starfruit, your goals sound really positive and good. Keep up the good work! You're doing great! It's only natural that you'd like to see some dramatic results for your hard work, but we all know it's the inside changes that really count, and maybe they'll work their way out to the outside pretty soon. As Elakti says, "Persevere"! smiling smiley

Unfortunately, my day was not very good. Things started deteriorating for me last night after I posted. I started getting a stomach ache, and it got worse and worse. Sleeping was impossible. I think I finally went to sleep around 4:30 AM. Then all day today, I've been feeling pretty bad, and one of my eyes was really swollen.

I don't think it was the 3/4 avocado I ate yesterday, even though it was a pretty big avocado. I eat avocado all the time, often the same amount, and they've never made me sick. I feel I have to conclude it was the buckwheat sprouts I ate on Sunday. I know that was days ago, but my system is very slow, and I think it's some kind of delayed detox.

I read Meow's post, and she seems to feel fine after eating the sprouted buckwheat tabouli. I'm assuming that if it's tabouli, it was the little sprouted grains and not the buckwheat greens?

That's what I ate on Sunday - the little sprouted grains. I think it's just that I have these sensitivities. Anyway, I feel a little better now, because I've been eating only fruit (no fats) all day today. Usually, it's hard for me to eat just fruit. But today, fruit was the only thing I felt I could comfortably eat. I'm looking forward to feeling a lot better tomorrow.

Today I had: oranges, bananas, lychee, and a really ripe white sapote

Exercise: 1 hour yoga, ran 3 miles, walked 1 mile, no weights - too tired.

Date: June 07, 2007 09:01AM

hey everyone...welcome chica and myst...congrats on taking the plunge and going for it!!! you will feel amazing for it..and your body will love you for this!!!
good luck gals

rawfrancois..welcome back..glad to see you back
pakd4fun..those stuffed peppers sound yummy i make something similar...but yours sound great smiling smiley
khale....yay you are doing great..sounds like being 100% is really doing you a lot of good and you are getting used to it!! congrats to you..
meow...glad you are doing well keep it up
suncloud i am glad you are doing better and feeling better then you were...that is tough but hopefully you have found the cause and can avoid it and keep feeling amazing!!!

and all you other gals from the diary section i left your love notes there hehe..

today i had less food cuz the past few days i have increased i have been bloated and gross and suprisingly today i wasn't as bad..so that was good..i feel better on a lot less food so i am going to stick with it..if someone has a problem with my food they can just turn their time and energy on themselves..not worry about me right gals?? hmm

so here is what i ate today
3/4 cup of blackberries
1 cup of baby carrots
1 bunch of collard green leaves with mustard of course winking smiley
1/2 cup of sprouts
1/2 banana
2 strawberries
1/2 cup of blueberries
2 spring rolls..so yummy...leave and carrots and cucumber and lettuce smiling smiley

love always
earthangel
xoxoxoxooxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 07, 2007 12:24PM

Thanks for all the welcomes!! I am sooo happy to finally be on my path.. its been a long time coming. I have done 7 day fasts, and a 5 day raw foods stint before. So I know what kind of things to expect, but long term is my concern. I suppose all we can do is take it one day at a time.

Tonight at work I had a big fruit salad spread out over 8 hours, with cantalope,honeydew melon,grapes & a bananna.. but about an hour before I got off I was STARVING!!! I had to get some cashews to fix me up or i might have chewed on some canned goods!! Its like a monster came out and said FEED ME NOW lmao
But until that moment, its been a breeze for me. Today is my fourth day and im doing really well! yesterday I had like 4-5 BMs!! that is awesome news for me lol..it means my pipes are running ok grinning smiley

Starfruit, I am a newbie but I have read alot.. i'm wondering if you aren't eating enough fresh salad greens??

Date: June 07, 2007 01:07PM

Good morning sailors

Yesterday I had:

a dose of sublingual Bcomplex

a smoothie of oj, banana, and baby spinach
cantaloupe, apple, larabar and grapes
juice of carrot, celery, beet and grapes

Large salad of mixed greens with sliced tomato and avocado (half of a half) topped w/ sunflower tabouli made w/ tomato, cuke, fresh dill, parsley, garlic, and cured kalamata

2 digestive enzymes

fennel tea and a hot bath

I have so many things on my mind this morning. Things I want to share with all of you. But I'm feeling pressure from other directions.

I'll try to get back sometime today for a chat.

happy to be raw,

khale

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 07, 2007 02:53PM

Thanks so much for the warm greetings. What is amazing to me is thinking about you all during the day. Knowing that we are a supportive community with like minded goals. So comforting. Even though we live in all different parts of the country, just knowing that you are trying to get through each day raw gives me inspiration. Yesterday I went 100%.
Cantaloupe
tangerine
smoothie (cacao butter, coconut water and meat, maca powder, gogi berries, spirulina, raspberries, strawberries, agave, acai powder, flax seed oil) I got the recipe from David Wolfe and it really fills me up.
banana
Juice of kale, beets, lemon, apples and cucumbers.
Khale, I hope you have time to share what is on your mind. I really enjoy how you write. And to everyone else, thank you again, you have no idea how important to me you are.

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: June 07, 2007 03:47PM

I've been feeling down the last couple weeks too. I moved to LA, and haven't been able to keep a normal routine yet. Finally I've been able to go for a morning run again. Also--I found that I had really dropped the ball on my water intake. Usually I carry around a liter bottle with a sport-top, and be sure to fill it three times a day. As soon as I started that again, I felt wildly better. My body feels light and small again--without so much water, I was mushy and sloppy and bloated. I promise, drink the water! I think I stopped because I read somewhere that you should not drink water around meals, because it cuts down on the enzyme concentration. But if avoiding water around meals is making me dehydrated in the end, it doesn't make sense. If drinking water with food is the worst thing I'm doing to myself, then I think I'm pretty well off.

Last night, I made a completely raw meal for an omnivore friend. He said it was the best he's eaten in months:

grapefruit salad--
segmented grapefruit
lime juice
cilantro
soaked sunflower seeds
jalepeno, minced
a little sucanat
garlic & ginger

review from the omni-man "you've got me eating grapefruit. I thought I didn't like it, I just was eating it to be a good guest, but this is really good."

kale salad (you all know this one)
kale
lemon juice
garlic and ginger
splash of shoyu
a little sucanat
kneaded.

review: "I didn't know it was okay to eat raw kale." then he finished his bowl.

zuchini/shitake bowl:
zuke noodles
chopped shitake & crimini
black sesame seeds
sundried tomatoes, soaked and chopped
scallions
sea salt
red onions

review: "I hope you aren't planning on making dessert--I'm stuffed."

finding a willing friend to expiriment on makes it a lot more pleasurable--also, you really have to prove it's good, which is nice for both of you.

Date: June 08, 2007 12:00AM

Wow, shaine, quite a spread! I definitely want to try the zucc/shitake bowl...that's right up my alley. As the fates would have it, I too fed a cooked food-er some raw tabouli last night and they also loved it.

I'm so full. I just made "cereal" out of a crumbled larabar, chopped apples, raisins and pumpkin seeds w/ almond milk. Definitely comfort food.

It's been a very stressful day. The summers are crazy for work. I've got people jostling my schedule something fierce going on vacations. These last few days I've felt more driven than I like...jumping out of bed in the mornings already ever so slightly anxious and feeling constantly that I'm barely keeping up with myself. I AM trying to breath...

I had cantaloupe milk for breakfast and then later cantaloupe chunked. then an orange a bit later still.

then came home and made spinach soup w/ cucumber and miso
had a lemonade

that's it so far, and really, I can't imagine wanting anything else, but it's still early...

I do wish that I had the energy to write more...

tomorrow I'll have more time

love, khale

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: June 08, 2007 02:57AM

1 bowl of soaked quinoa w/agave and blueberries
1 green smoothie (collards, orange, strawberries, blueberries)
pint of blueberries
lots of cherries
soem mango and cucumber w.cayanne and salt on it
1 lara bar
1 coconut meat
walked 5 miles
thanks all for the words of support and the good suggestions. Yeah i think your right myst i need more salads. THanks.
Shaine that sounds liek a rockin meal! yum

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: June 08, 2007 03:38AM

Hello all! Welcome to everyone newish...we may have to do another "30 day Part 2" ! I think we're all doing well.

Today I began with customary banana...I just reach for one.
Later had a honey (or champagne) mango. Soon after I started on half of a large watermelon that is so good.

Salad--red leaf, tiny avocado
a few walnuts

More watermelon

Orange juice a couple times today.

celery with a few dabs of almond butter
bowl of romaine and tiny avocado

If hungry later I will have orange juice.

Hot sunny day! Wonderful! And I feel quite good and am not having any problems with cravings or detox, which is just fine and dandy with me! I hope to have a good long sleep tonight. And I plan to go swimming tomorrow.

Stay raw, enjoy the food!
Elakti

Date: June 08, 2007 04:51AM

i really have no time but i need to cut down on fats a little! i just feel clogged up. i ate 2 raw bars today and that sort of put me over my limit. i didn't have time to take a lunch break so i had to eat what i'd bought earlier at the store (not all for one day) and that's what i had. oh well, tomorrow is another day. i have a very busy and fun weekend planned so i'm excited. i have a half-day tomorrow, then going out to lunch (for free!) and getting my hair done/cut at fred segal (also free!) so i'm excited! got to try to make a good choice at whatever restaurant i end up at- i hope they have something raw or can customize it. most places around here are good about that but some make me wonder if what they give me is really raw or they just think it is...hehe.

heres today:

smoothie w/ the usual
cinnamon roll lara bar
banana
organic food bar (protein flavor-soo good but didn't make me feel so good)
fruit salad w/ mango & strawberries
apple & banana
walked for an hour in the hills
carrots, a baby cucumber, a tomato and red pepper slices w/ raw zucchini hummus YUM!

that's it, i feel like i ate way too much/too heavy today but oh well. i have been really hungry or maybe just in the mood to eat. i feel pms-y but who knows. later!

Date: June 08, 2007 05:45AM

tomorrow i am going to a big concert and they wont allow me to take food or water in sad smiley I am not sure what to do..I guess if i HAVE to end up eating I will try to find the best thing there..mabey they will have some nuts?

2 banannas

handful of walnuts

large salad
(1/2 avocado,pine nuts,cucumber & tomato & ground flax)

leftover fresh juice from yesterday- today was very busy!
(kale,celery,carrots,ginger,lemon,orange & spinach)

Im drinking organic grape juice right now & plan to go watch some TV and eat some oranges and mabey a slice of my ezekiel sprouted grain bread.

Im so worried about eating at the concert tomorrow!! tongue sticking out smiley
P.S> I am experiencing some dizzy spells.. I feel pretty good & lots of energy though!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2007 05:49AM by myst1kst0rm.

Date: June 08, 2007 05:55AM

3 frozen bananas dipped in carob
1 apple
1 grapefruit
1lb carrots
1 zucchini
1c. watermelon
1c. cauliflower

I don't think I'm forgetting anything, and I drank tons of water, but again I am feeling very big. this makes me feel like doing a cleanse again, but I just did one so recently. maybe a mono of apples next week. I'm spending so much on groceries too. What I think will last a week ends up lasting 3 days. Is there some food to do mono with that is NOT bananas, but is about as affordable? a vegetable? i love carrots enough, but I don't want to get keratosis (turn yellow).

Date: June 08, 2007 06:09AM

I mean carotenemia. not keratosis.

Date: June 08, 2007 06:42AM

Hey Myst....call the security or offices of the concert and explain you have to have specialized foods for your health..because of medical reasons...and they should tell you how to go about doing it...usually they will allow you to bring in other food or drinks when you have a reason or call ahead...so try that out...i know they don't allow things..but like they let me cuz i have special needs...(diabetes type 1 and such...) but if you just tell them for medical reasons they usually will allow it..and you aren't lying because you are eating raw for health reasons..and it is to prevent serious things and heal your body...so try that i hope it works!! good luck
xoxox

Hey shaine....you can use any fruit or veggie you wwant to eat mono with and go with it..eating things mono is good for the body cuz it only has one thing it is digesting and moving through the body so it has more energy on everything else..so do whatever you want..oranges are yummy and pretty cheap!!!! good luck
xoxox

Khale...sorry you were having another tough day..glad you made a raw comfort food to help you..i know food is not the answer but i believe having raw comfort foods to turn to is better then cooked!! so keep it up hun
xoxox

Meow..have fun this weekend
xoxo

oh when i woke up this morning i had the worst toxin, poisonous taste in my mouth it was so horrible..but it went away..i know it was detox so i was excited haha..i love detox days means i am cleaning house smiling smiley

okay so here is what i had to eat today
1 1/4 cup of raw coleslaw (cabbages,lemon juice, tomatoe,chives,scallions,and carrots....) soo yummy!!!
1/4 cup of blueberries
1 lifeforce energy bar...mint flavored..so good..they make awesome raw products i had never tried
1 cup of carrots
1/2 cup of guac
1 1/2 cup of sprouts
1 collard green leaf with some of the sprouts wrapped in it

hmm had a great day feell good and not so bloated anymore...
have a great night everyone
sweet dreams
and have a wonderful day tomorrow
love always
earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Current Page: 14 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables