Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 15 of 22
Re: Seven Weeks All Raw
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 08, 2007 07:49AM

I feel great today, back to my more normal self.

Nice going today everyone!

Hey Miss Joan, I read all about kamut and I'm really excited to try it sprouted. Unfortunately, the nearest store to me that carries kamut berries (grains) is over 100 miles away. So tomorrow I will special order it from the health food store nearby.

Today I had: bananas, oranges, a white sapote, a spoon meat coconut and most of the water (except I spilled a lot), 1/4 cup sprouted brown sesame seeds (measured dry), 1/4 cup sprouted sunflower seeds (measured dry).

Exercise: 1 hour yoga, walked 4 miles (my knee is still bothering me some), no time for weights.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2007 07:50AM by suncloud.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: June 08, 2007 09:17AM

yesterday i had: some papaya & cantaloupe, 2 small tomatoes, avocado, spinach leaves, zucchini with diced tomato over it, and i think that was it...aside from some chewing gum which i've really got to stop chewing, even if only occasionally. it's gross.

i've been so busy lately. i gave my boyfriend a mango and a lara bar yesterday. he said the mango tasted like a pine tree. idk about the lara bar. i've never had one but i thought he might like it. i agree on the pine thing, it does taste like that towards the exterior!

Posted by: khale ()
Date: June 08, 2007 01:17PM

mornin glories

You know I agree...I can't imagine NOT continuing this thread after the seven weeks is up. There is still so much left to experientially learn regarding this way of eating and almost everyday I "see" things that I didn't see before.

I'm beginning to love the potential simplicity of this way of eating. I say "potential" because it is possible to over-complicate even raw food, but on good days its soooo easy. It takes me on average about 10 min. to go in the kitchen and whip up something for dinner (not counting any planning or soaking time and etc.) and clean up is even faster. You gotta love that!

I hear ya Meow. I ate too much fat yesterday too. There was avocado in my spinach soup, fat in the larabar, and then after posting I ate a half an apple w/ cashew butter. Clogged is exactly the word I'd use. I've noticed that the food I really end up enjoying the most are those dishes that don't require using much fat. Today I have plans to eat much simpler, ie, mono-fruit, juices, and clean, 2 or 3 item salads. I even show a 2lb. weight gain from yesterday!, which I know from experience isn't "true" weight gain, but is still indicative of things not moving freely through my body. I also may not be drinking enough water and want to pay attention to that today as well.

EA: Difficult days are not necessarily "bad" days. There ARE some problems that not even a raw diet can solve ; ) I'm actually doing alright. I'm a lot less reactive than ever before in my life and do try very hard to keep myself just a tad uncomfortable so as to "test" my own limits a bit. There is much that I wish to accomplish in my life, and yet I'm at an age or time of life in which a certain "winding down" is expected or observed and I'm not quite ready for that...so, I can push myself a bit too hard, perhaps. Thanks, EA, for your support and concern.

Myst: You guys EAT at concerts?! That would've ruined my high! lol
Try eating a huge salad first, and I'm sure that they'll have $5.00 bottled water there...Have a great time (who are you going to see?)

well friends, it's that time

I hope that all of you have a rawkin Friday

and stay tuned, the scenery just gets better from here...

khale

Posted by: Monark ()
Date: June 08, 2007 08:31PM

Hiya everyone - just wanted to check in and report that I'm still 100% raw smiling smiley smiling smiley . I'm glad for this challenge as that is what got me to stop snacking on all those chips and crackers we have sitting out as samples in the store I'm working in and go completely raw ! We're half way there !! Cool !!!! I've lost track of time so wasn't sure where we were with the challenge smiling smiley

Happy rawness everyone !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Posted by: meow ()
Date: June 08, 2007 10:33PM

hey everyone! wow, this thread moves fast with our ever-growing group smiling smiley

ummm i may not be able to eat much til july, b/c i just bought chanel sunglasses. i thought they'd be around $300 but they ended up being $510, then $42 worth of tax! ok, that is the single most expensive thing i've ever bought with my own money. however, my parents are paying for $150-250 b/c that's going to be my birthday present. but still, i don't make tons of money, so i think i have to just buy lots of bananas and then supplement my diet with cheaper fruits and veggies, like farmer's market stuff. it's cool though, they are hot sunglasses winking smiley it was one of those things where i just didn't want to ask the price- i mean, who does that when they're shopping at chanel? so when he said $542 i just handed over my card...lol.

so..today was lovely, i had lunch out (paid for by my bosses b/c they made me and their other assistant go flirt with this guy at cingular so we could get unlocked blackberries- usually they don't sell them if you don't have a cingular plan- so we said we'd do it for a free lunch!). i got a really really delicious raw wrap. i was going to get my hair done at fred segal for free but after the sunglasses thing i decided it wasn't worth the quarter tank of gas it'd take to get there, since i like my hair the way it is! plus now i can relax a little w/ my cats before the craziness of the weekend starts.

here's my food (and my planned food, as the day isn't over yet):

-smoothie w/ 2 bananas, mango, strawberries, blueberries, oj (ooh how i will miss my smoothies til i get my next paycheck!!)
-half a cinnamon roll lara bar, banana, rest of mango (throughout the morning)
-wrap w/ sprouts, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, avo and hummus in a collard green wrap (to die for!)
-banana
-dinner will be a salad w/ spinach, mesclun, romaine, red peppers, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, broccoli and raw dressing
-snack will be an apple

it's a bit lighter than usual, but even though i just made a batch of raw hummus i think i should save this for later in the weekend to make it last longer, lol. i really am totally broke now! oh well!

um wow there are so many of us, i don't remember who i wanted to reply to! replies later smiling smiley

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: June 09, 2007 01:29AM

BReakfast: 3 baby apricots and 3 kiwi's
I walked to the gym 20 blocks then worked our for a while but then got really really hungry and started getting a bit dizzy so I decided to stop. It was weird cuase I had only burned 250 cal but oh well. I listened to my body.
I drank a lot of water today and my bloating is going way down. I think i may not be drinking enough water so i'm going to try to pump that up.
lunch: 1/4 to a 1/2 not sure bowl of green soup (mustard greens, tiny bit of oliveoil, 1.2 tomatoe, 1 lime, a little jalapeno blended and then dulse, cilantro, and avacado floated in it) It was super strong tasting so I really couldn't stomach a whole bowl .It was starngley good but i think it might be better w/a less intense green. eeek. I had some flax crackers w/the soup
then 1 slice of raw yam pie that i purchased at my grocery it was really yummy
oh and i had a few dates in the morning on the way back form the gym and 1 larabar
At work i ate one of david wolfes bars that has fruit and a little cacao and maca. Really yummy and gave me a ton of energy.
I guess i had a lot of fat today but i didn't feel badly about it or clogged up so I don't mind. WEll I work a long day tomorrow so i should go. Twilight in the city tonight was beautiful.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: June 09, 2007 01:32AM

OH meow i totaly understand. I just did the same thing at bestey johnson for a killer dress. Which ones are they? IF they are the oens with the quilted sides I'll be so jealous. Yay for being broke for fashion haha

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: June 09, 2007 02:54AM

Hello all

Banana first thing, as usual. Then, a whole canteloupe. Much later, a lot of cherries.

Salad: romaine, iceberg lettuce (organic, very green, I like it!), 3 florets of cauliflower, 3 olives, teensie avocado, 1/2 tomato

guacamole with romaine leaves and celery rib.

Later will have dish of sliced bananas and blueberries

Slept 9 hours last night.
Weigh 171 (15 pounds lost)

Some showings of cravings for junk food...last night tv commercials were making me salivate and fantasize a bit. Today, now that roomie is back, there are tempting things (yeah, "things"...it is not food, they are like inanimate objects) around...now, over on the table to my right, is a big bowl of cookies...aiii yaii yaiiii....Doesn't a bowl of bananas and blueberries sound good? Yes! Sweet, fresh, moist. Food. smiling smiley

Date: June 09, 2007 05:18AM

starfruit- lol yup they're the ones w/ the quilted sides! i totally fell in love the second i tried them on. they're worth it though- nothing like chanel to make a girl feel like a godess! also, i'm glad you listened to your body at the gym today! some days i start feeling woozy, too, and i don't know why, but i never push my body to keep going. the last thing we want is to pass out in the middle of the gym (in your case) or the middle of the sidewalk (in my case)!

suncloud- i'm a little late in responding but yes, i had the sprouted buckwheat tabouli, not the buckwheat greens or whatever they're called. i hope my body doesn't decide to react strangely to it a few days later! i had it on...wednesday? so far so good...it made me feel really balanced, i need to get it again next month when i can actually buy food...

shaine, welcome to LA! how's it treating you so far? it can be rough the first few weeks, especially driving. but i hope you're getting settled in and it starts to feel like home. there's a few raw restaurants around here- two in santa monica (juliano's raw or something like that, and euphoria loves raw) and there's a lot of vegan places that have some raw options or will customize. oh, and there's also leaf cuisine, it has locations in west hollywood near me, and also i think west LA and sherman oaks? i tried one of their dishes, the rawkin' lasagna, and it was really really good! so check out some of those places, LA is great for raw foodies, it makes it fun and easy!

khale, do you make your own raw tabouli? mind sharing the recipe?

i am looking forward to doing mostly mono-meals of bananas for a while. i feel like i really overdid the fats, and i feel so much better eating lower fat. i have a huge zit on my forehead, too! not sure if it's pms or too much fat, but either way i wish it would go away sad smiley

Date: June 09, 2007 07:10AM

Hi everyone!

Today was a greens day for me. I had: bananas, oranges, strawberries, just 4 macadamia nuts, red leaf lettuce, 1 sheet of nori, chinese cabbage, cauliflower, fenugreek sprouts, tomato, cucumber, red bell pepper, cilantro, grated ginger, leek, dulse, sprouted wheat, 1/2 avocado, olive oil, lemon juice, some assorted flowers.

Exercise: 1 hour yoga, 50 minutes aerobics with weights

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 09, 2007 10:18AM

Havent checked in in ages, been a hectic old week. Will try n post again everyday again now smiling smiley

everyones posts/comments are so uplifting smiling smiley

This week been having around 1 litre of juice, supplementing it with some juicy fruits in the evening, mostly 1 melon, 1 orange or a few small clementines.

Yesterday I made this wonderful kale salad, yum yum smiling smiley Kale, tomato, avacado- it was soo good .. took some to work..

Lost another 5lb this week, is slowing down but people are still constantly bothering me at work etc.. felt like I had to sit and stuff melon down me at my desk so people knew I was eating!!!

Ah well

Have a wonderful weekend all

Xxxx

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 09, 2007 12:10PM

Hey everybody...yes today has been a great day for most of it looks like!!! i am still up and just now posting and it is 5 am here haha...had a long day but a wonderful one..stayed up late with my roomies brother watching youtube videos on navy seals and sports...it was great...i had never heard of or watched youtube before it was an experience haha...
well everyone take care and have a fabulous night!!

oh here is what i ate today!
1/4 cup of blueberries
1 small banana
1 galia melon
1/2 cup of carrots
2 raw crackers
1 large salad (one kale leaf....4 cups of spring mix organics.......2 tbsp of the raw coleslaw..6 oz of broccoli sprouts...6 oz of plain sprouts...mixed up and served on the crackers!! sooo yummo!!!
oh and 1 life force energy 100% raw bar the mint one!!

today was a great day and i feel really good about food and life and everything!! take care and have a great one...

love always
Earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 09, 2007 02:29PM

Chanel and Betsey Johnson! Oh I AM jealous! (I have a weakness for clothes/fashion that I keep fairly well under wraps out of necessity)

...and here I thought I was being extravagant buying epsom salts with essential oils already added in!

a friend of mine who works at a French bakery brought me three beautiful brazilian papayas from Harry and David - that's ritzy eh? No one at the bakery knew what to do with them - which demonstrates quite nicely the cultural milieu (or morass) I'm swimming in. This ain't LA; this is La. baby.

I ate cooked last night. I'm not going to waste your time or mine by bemoaning this slip up or one second of my own time feeling guilty about it. I will say that the experience convinced me like never before of the superior value of raw food and left me feeling more resolute than EVER before to continue in this way.
The food was homecooked, nicely prepared, and the company was made up of old and good friends...but honestly? I felt somewhat like a traveler from another galaxy that dropped by for a visit with no intentions of staying. And the entire experience caused an acute awareness of the current dimensions of my life...and the fact that they seem to be shrinking. By the end of the evening I was rattling the cage.

This morning the abundance of fruits and vegetables decorating my countertop greeted me like true friends. Fortunately I do have people in my life who garden, and cukes are coming in and tomatos and green eggplants and a large ziplock full of fresh bay leaves that I need to weave and hang to dry (unless someone here knows of good ways to use fresh bay).

I feel an intense urgency to change my entire life. Everything seems turned upside down this morning. But, of course, all that I can do is make small changes one day at a time, and try, oh try, to be patient with my life.

Meow: the tabouli is very simple to make. Soak sunflower seeds at apprx. 6 hrs. (you can add pine nuts too), drain, and process until roughly the size and texture of bulghar wheat. I usually season this before processing w/ a little salt, turmeric and cayenne. Put this mixture in a bowl and make tabouli as you normally would. I add olive oil and lots of fresh lemon juice, lots of parsley, fresh pressed garlic, seeded cukes and seeded tomato. Last time I made it I added fresh dill because I had some and some cured kalamata olives. It does make up quite good! Enjoy...

Just for the record: I do feel hungover from the cooked of last night and not in the least bit interested in eating anything this morning yet. But I'm not sick or anything like that - just full feeling. I also began menstruating this morning - which, not to use the PMS plea, may have influenced my choices a bit yesterday. At 50 I never know when or even if I'm menstruating still. Until last month I went 5 months without having a period...so I can't exactly plan for this hormone and mood shift thing that goes on when I do menstruate.

I'm so happy to "see" you guys this morning. I hope none of you feel disappionted in me or discouraged in your own process by my incursion into the wily world of cooked. Trust me. It ain't "all that".

love, khale

Date: June 09, 2007 04:15PM

btw, fresh bay leaves are good for minor stomach complaints (including gas); upper respirtory complaints including colds; aches and pains, and insomnia. Can be taken as a tea ; ) or crushed in capsules.

later,

k

Date: June 09, 2007 05:29PM

good morning everyone,

khale, thanks for the tabouli recipe! sounds yummy.

i am having a really tough day. i am just craving cooked food like mad, and the fact that i don't have much food here and don't have money is not making it easy. i'm specifically craving peanut butter...crunchy pb from trader joe's...on a lovely slice of sprouted grain bread. part of me is saying, would that be so bad? i don't know...honestly, i would just eat it but then i'd have the whole loaf of bread and jar of pb here...i could freeze the bread i suppose. as i get deeper into this raw way of eating, i think that i'm going to be one of those 95% raw-ers instead of 100%. i know peisinoe eats this way and it seems to work for her. i'm just worried b/c i don't want one cooked meal a week to make my skin break out or make me gain weight. do you think it would? i just don't know...

anyway that's what's going on today. i have to go get bananas at the store and i might buy a loaf of sprouted grain bread and a jar of pb. that stuff is cheap...i just feel so conflicted right now, i think the cravings are pms b/c my period is like a week late and i've been having these cravings and my skin's been looking crappy for the past 2 weeks. grrr. not sure where to go from here sad smiley

Date: June 09, 2007 05:32PM

you know what? the second i posted that, i instantly knew the right answer to my question- no cooked food. it will only lead to guilt and i'll get right back into my old mindset of "oh, now i have to burn these calories off," or "now i can't eat tomorrow" etc. etc. so i am not going to buy that stuff. i will stuff myself full of bananas and mango, go out and have a nice raw dinner at real food daily, and just get over myself. i know that cooked isn't worth it, i've learned that from experience. so now i'm off to do pilates, shower, get my bananas, and have a nice day NOT eating cooked food!

sorry to clog the thread with negativity. i was really just doubting myself but i want to be raw and i know it's the best thing for me smiling smiley

Posted by: myst1kst0rm ()
Date: June 09, 2007 06:15PM

Hello all. The concert was hot & miserable and I ended up drinking.. tongue sticking out smiley
THEN I had to eat a burrito from taco bell to make it home because I was very hungry and tired, and probably would not have made it home! But I am back on track and glad its over!! The concert was breaking benjamin,sevendust,godsmack & 3 days grace...

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: June 09, 2007 07:53PM

I am gaining weight.
two weeks ago, I was 97 (at 5'0"winking smiley
last week I was 100
today I am 104.

this more than daily fluctuation.

I only eat fat every few days. I tend to eat lots of fruit in the AM and vegetables in the evening. This is incredibly frustrating. I believe in this diet for my health, but the change in my body is not welcome. I cheat sometimes, but I'm staying ultra high raw--cheating includes tea, shoyu, stevia, and a multivitamin. It'd be tough to believe that these strayings are the cause.
Also, I've considered the possibility that I'm going up to what is a normal weight. But I wasn't bony or skinny at 95. Just svelte, I'd say. My parents didn't worry that I was too thin, which is always a safe barometer for me.

the bottom line is, I do not want to gain more weight, and I'd really like to go back down to 95+ish. I already run every other day, and walk a few miles on the opposite days, do plyometrics in the morning. I don't want to starve.

I'm sorry for those of you who are really looking to lose much more than this, and that this is sounding like a horrible vanity post. But the image in the mirror has got me torn about the health aspect of raw--considering I had no trouble maintaining on a veg'n diet.

Date: June 09, 2007 08:13PM

Khale, good you're being so positive about your experience! I think you could have been depressed about it, but instead, you just felt good from the learning experience of it and, as you say, you're more resolute than EVER!

I think you have such a wise attitude of patience with yourself and with the rest of us, and your honesty and determination are encouraging for us all!

Meow, such a victory! I can really relate to those memories of what it means to eat cooked - "now I can't eat tomorrow". Sometimes I would even be thinking in advance that I WOULDN'T eat tomorrow just so that I could eat something bad today. It's so hard to live like that. Raw makes life SO much easier. Thank goodness we all have memories so we can learn! My life is so much more "normal" and easy flowing on raw food. So many fewer bumps in the road to contend with.
Congratulations to you for being mindful and turning yourself onto a better path! Yay Meow!

Myst, good you're ready to start again today! Drinking can mess up anyone's best intentions because it steals your mind. You need that mind of yours to stay on track! Welcome back, and happy eating today!

Hey Earthangel, you're probably sleeping now, but good to hear you're doing so well. You have such ATTITUDE, girl! Glad you had such a good time last night!

Date: June 09, 2007 08:44PM

Shaine,

I just read your post. I'm small too, so I can relate. I'm 5'1" and usually around 93 pounds. I think, being small on a small frame, that even just a couple of pounds probably makes more of a difference than it would on a larger frame.

For me, until I became 100% raw, I was never able to keep my weight stable on even a vegan diet. One thing I noticed (that may or may not be the same for you) is that as long as I was 100% raw, calories didn't seem to matter so much. I could eat lots more calories as 100% raw and still retain my weight, than I could eat if the calories were cooked. But as soon as I added even one thing cooked on any given day, that would slow down the digestion of all those raw carbs and raw fats, and I would gain weight.

If it's that way for you too, and you're now actually eating more calories as almost raw than you did as cooked "veg'n", that could be why you're gaining weight.

If so, you may need to make a choice of going all raw or cutting down on the quantities of food you're eating. I would think that the tea and the multivitamin would be OK. Even cooked greens would probably be OK. Im my experience, it's more the solid cooked foods like grains, potatos, beans, tofu, that will really put on the weight when added to a bunch of fruit and fats. If you could replace the shoyu with some good raw seaweed, that might also be very helpful.

Also, maybe a little raw fat everyday might help to keep your overall food quantity a little lower.

This is of course assuming you actually DO have a small frame like I do, and that you actually would be happier weighing less.

Hope this helps.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2007 08:50PM by suncloud.

Date: June 09, 2007 09:38PM

Something else that happens after eating cooked is that the next day as your stomach begins to empty out, you feel"emptier" than normal and this feeling trys to mimic true hunger, and so its harder to be satisfied with a reasonable portion of food. Also, I've been more tempted today for some of my favorite "comfort" foods such as bread. I REALLY wanted a pita with my salad at lunch, but I was quite firm, though kind, when I told myself "NO". So, the days flow much better as long as they are all one way or another...or, in my case these days, all raw. Or so it seems to me.

Meow: I hear ya friend. Part of the wrestle comes from the fact that PB and sprouted grain bread seems innocous. God knows that there are far worse things available to stuff your face with. If you were craving tator tots, as an example, you probably wouldn't even consider giving in. The problem is everything I wrote above. No matter how healthy the cooked food is, it will make you want more. And is "more" what you really want? You answered "no". Good for you!

Shaine: I can't imagine why you are gaining weight. Are you retaining fluids perhaps? eating most of your calories at one meal? instead of eating smaller portions more often throughout the day? this may cause some weight gain.

suncloud: thank you so much for the vote of confidence. You're a dearheart, you know that don't you? ; )

I'll be back,

love, K

Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: June 09, 2007 10:38PM

Meow: I hope you wore your new CHANEL sunglasses to buy the bananassmiling smiley I loved how you reasoned yourself right out of that PB sandwich!!!!!! LOL (by the way, can't you make PB out of raw, organic peanuts?) That doesn't solve the bread delima but it would be good on apple slices. Glad you made the good choice for you. It'll make you feel so much better!

Myst1: Sorry the concert was a disappointment. Today is a new day and the important thing is you're back on track. Keep that attitude!

Khale: Remember? No "judgements" from anyone heresmiling smiley Occasionally you just can't avoid those times when it's "cooked" or "nothing." The fact that you don't feel that well after eating that meal is a GOOD thing in my eyes. It reinforces that you're doing the right thing for your body. I hope when I'm faced with having to eat cooked food (which hasn't happened yet by family or friends) I, too, will not feel that great. It will tell me I'm on the right
path. I hope you're feeling better and "lighter" by this evening. Good for you to have such a great attitude about it all! By the way, I want to try your tabouli recipe, too.

Suncloud: What do fenugreek sprouts taste like? I've never heard of them. Did you order the kamut? If not, (or they charge a lot for S&H), I will get you some and send them to you. It can't cost much to mail them. Let me know. I'm happy to do it. I think I told you the ones I get are from Shiloh Farms. That sp might not be right. Also, what does nori taste like alone? Do you eat it dry the way the sheets come? What do you do with it? So many times these past weeks I've picked a package up and then didn't know what to do with them so I put them back. Same with those other 2 ocean products (I can't remember how to spell). I LOVE(d) Japanese food so if I knew what I was doing I'd get them. Suggestions welcomed!

EA: Sounds as though you had a fun evening with YouTube. I'm clueless when it comes to that. Could you send me about 1/10th of your energy? you little energizer bunny!!! 5AM??!! Your attitude remains so consistently awesome. You're like a breath of fresh air when I read your posts.

Shaine: I hear your frustration. When I was younger I used to try to gain weight and never could. I started the raw/living food way of eating just a tad before the 7 Weeks All Raw started. I was on a totally SAD way of eating and have never tried anything else until now. I was always very thin until menopause and now I'd like to lose about 20-25#. The first week eating as much raw as possible I lost 3 1/2# but then gained back 1 1/2#. Then another 2#. Now, as of this AM, I lost the 3 1/2 again! I wonder why this happens. Can you or anyone shed some light? It seems as though most people on this board were either vegetarian or vegan for some time. I'm guilty of not exercising which I know is part my problem. Again, I VOW to start walking again tomorrow and I also want to look into Yoga that Suncloud does so faithfully. I wish I knew the answers but I don't have enough experience. Good luck to you.

rawdanceruk: Good for you -- 5#!!!!!! I'm so jealous. I wonder why some people lose, some gain, some stay the same (actually I understand staying the same, I think). Why are those co-workers bugging you? Are you already very thin? When I was young right thru until about 5 years ago people always used to say I was too thin. I HATED that. By the way, what kind of kale do you use that is so yummie. I eat it but I find it bitter. I know there are many different kinds. I bought seeds to plant that say it's a sweeter variety of kale. It's green large leaves with red veins.

Time to stop flapping the jaws. Everyone is so committed. I just hope to shed some lb's SOON!!

Joan

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: June 10, 2007 12:20AM

suncloud and khale, thanks for the advice. yes, I am a small frame (little ankles and wrists). I suppose I know what i have to do--that is, eat less more often. I find myself so hungry, and I always satisfy the hunger when it hits. But I should maybe learn that it's okay to be a little hungry sometimes--just not famished a lot of the time.

for miss joan, when my weight goes up and down by just a couple pounds, it's no worries. (important part being the "and DOWN"winking smiley. This just seems to me to be a matter of the day of the week--e.g. if I have a big raw meal with a friend, i'll be up for a couple days. If I work out in the eveing instead of the morning, I"ll be down the next day. If I ate late, I'm up, slept a long time, down. I weigh myself everyday--this way the weekly numbers make more sense in context.

Date: June 10, 2007 02:25AM

Hello my dears. Long day. But I'm feeling good. Lots fo energy and even though i haven't lost much weight my body feels like it is shifting in a good way.
Breakfast: 1 green smoothie (papaya, kale, orange, strawberries, banana)
2 dates
Lunch: some curry thanks to Inaia that i brought to work and had with some flax crackers yum
Later: watermelon juice blended with ice into a slushie
2 bananas
coconut meat
1 chocoalte larabar
1 seaweed salad
I really wanted to bike tonight after work but it started raining. Argh this seems to happen to me on Sat nights when my gym is closed. SO instead i took a nice little rainy walk.
meow: oh i am so jealous of your glasses post picture post pictures! hehe I loved your two posts. I feel like those two voices of reasoning are in my head a lot. Always fighting. COngrats for overcoming the first one.
Khale what a wonderful post. You are doing wonderfuly and learning you knwo. Don't ever think that you would bring us down silly.
Shaine: I don't know what to tell you. I am struggling with no weight loss a bit but i haven't gained and it doesn't make sense your gaining. Maybe try what you suggested and see if it works. OH what i would give to be 100lbs again...

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: June 10, 2007 02:33AM

banana, blueberries, plums, watermelon, one honey date, watermelon
two salads

Will eat more fruit later, no doubt.

Not much time to say other than HI everyone.
I got my order of two books in mail...I Eat Fruit, and 80-10-10. Excited!

Feel fine. No detoxing. Momentary cravings from time to time, sometimes so sudden and powerful...but I am in a good frame of mind. It is just NO OPTION and I reach for fruit or guacamole.

Enjoying my sleep, I usually get at least 8 hours, more if I can.

Am particularly enjoying watermelon and blueberries...and always oranges. A friend from work is bringing me a bag of oranges from her tree.

Keep up good work everyone. Even the reports of cravings etc are good...how people are processing them, attitude adjustments, etc....that's what we're all here for, to bring to light and air out all the various types of experiences that this lifestyle change manifests. So, Meow, I don't think it is negative at all, you were just processing something. And very well I think!

Onward all!
Elakti

Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: June 10, 2007 03:06AM

I think that if I didn't have this Forum to check in with every day I would not be able to continue this lifestyle. It is SO important for me to hear, ("listen"winking smiley and learn what everyone on this board is going thru. It makes everything "OK." I THANK EVERYONE on these posts for the information and support. I learn something new every day and I really appreciate it!

Joan

Date: June 10, 2007 09:08AM

Checking in.

Khale, thank you for your very kind words. You're in Louisiana then. Is it nice where you are? I think Louisiana should be very beautiful and warm. Is your area still recovering from the hurricane?

Miss Joan, Yes I did order the kamut. Thanks so much though for your generous offer to send me some! That was so sweet! I special-ordered it from the health food store, and it was pretty cheap.

I do pretty well with wheat, but I'm so much looking forward to trying the kamut! From what I've read, I think it will be better than wheat.

The fenugreek seeds are often used in curry. Sprouted, they have a very mild spicy taste. I could hardly taste them in my salad and nori roll with all the other stuff I put in, but they were very tender, and they did seem to add some very subtle and pleasant exotic flavor.

Fenugreek is considered to be good medicinally for just about everything under the sun, and it's very high in iron.

About the nori, I usually make a roll with the nori. I roll up one or two leaves of red leaf lettuce plus whatever I can fit in there. Not too much, or the roll will split, or it won't hold together. I pile stuff up along the length of one of the shorter sides, and add a little lemon juice and olive oil for the taste. When I'm ready to roll it, I rub the leftover lemon quarter along the far edge to make it wet so it will stick to keep the roll closed. Once it's closed, I keep the seam pressed down on the plate a little while to seal it better.

Anyway, that's my method. If someone has a better method, please feel free to tell us!

You can experiment to see what you think tastes best in there. If I can get it all in, I like a little of all the salad stuff you saw in yesterday's post, except the dulse. The dulse went into my salad.

Nori tastes a bit fishy, and that can be good or bad, depending on the quality of the nori. I buy the raw organic Gold Mine nori. It's always good. Their Phone # is 1-800-475-3663.

I tasted another brand of raw organic nori (I can't remember the name) and it tasted like dead rotten fish. It was horrible.

Today I had: bananas, plums, oranges, strawberries, little red grapes, about 10 macadamia nuts, 1/4 avocado, 1/4 sprouted brown sesame seeds (measured dry), 1/4 sprouted hulled sunflower seeds.

Exercise: 1 hour yoga, walked 4 miles, 50 minutes aerobics with weights

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2007 09:20AM by suncloud.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 10, 2007 09:22AM

hey everyone!!! well a long day i didn't get to sleep until 8 this morning and woke up at 11 ..so i had a long day..and went to the beach and had sooo much fun...we went swimming it was great!!!

khale keep up the good work gal!! glad you didn't get discouraged

Suncloud..thank you..i try smiling smiley

Miss Joan...aww thanks i am sending you good energy right now for a little energy in your life :0) have a great day!!!!!

Meow glad you didn't cave in to the pb and bread....peisi does 99% she does all raw..but sometimes will use a spice like chili seasoning or something to food..and so that is about it..but i bet if you post on the main forum a question about cooked and raw lots of people could give you stories...

Shaine..i am sure it is tough dealing with the weight..i am not sure it sounds crazy that you are gaining something seems off to that....maybe you should get it checked??
good luck

Myst..OM goodness..i wish i could of gone to that concert..i loved them all haha!!!
sorry it was so hot..have a great day!

well everyone have a great day but i am going to get some sleep..gotta heal smiling smiley

here is what i ate today
1 galia melon
2 thin slices of cantelope
2 thin slices of honeydew
1 cup of oj
2 oz shot of wheatgrass
1/2 cup of pineapple
2 sugar snap peas
1 big salad (6 oz of broccoli sprouts 6 oz reg sprouts...1 head of kale and 1 carrot stick chopped up into pieces

well everyone have a great night!! and a wonderful sunday!!
take care

love always
earthangel
xoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: myst1kst0rm ()
Date: June 10, 2007 12:42PM

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement, it means alot to me!!
The music was good at the concert, but next time I will prepare better if possible & sneak in some nuts or something so I can enjoy a concert without destroying my efforts lol.

As far as diet goes, I feel like im doing ok. Today is day 6, and I have only eaten off plan once, which to me is great. I have never went beyond 5 days on raw. But I feel so different this time. I dont even want to eat SAD foods anymore. The hardest part for me is cooking for my family.. I have small children who are immensely picky but I hope to integrate some of my healthful ways into their diet slowly, when i can get away with it LOL.

I slept till 8:30 PM and went to work all night, I had a large salad and some oranges, some cashews,almonds & dates, bananna & will eat more oranges before going to sleep today.

Date: June 10, 2007 02:47PM

What a lively thread this is!

So much going on in peoples lives and hearts and yet, here, on this thread, the raw diet seems to serve as a compass or an anchor in the midst, and that's a good thing.

Difficult food day for me yesterday. Part of the problem was the appearance of old habit energy surrounding menstruation as this is typically a period in which all bets are off and I use food and other "blankies" to soothe and comfort myself. Add to this a sense of discontent on other levels and you have a situation in which feeling satisfied is next to impossible. I try to remind myself that discontent has its purposes; that it may be ushering in a larger world to fit an expanding awareness and to try to "sit" with the feelings and not fight them or try to cover them over with substances that ultimately don't satisfy at all. I did pretty well.

I had:

lemon in water
juice of celery, cucumber, and grapes (this was very clean and good)
a bowl of sliced maradol papaya
large spinach salad w/ fresh orange segments and pinenuts drizzled with olive oil (yum - i love simple salads like this)
a mango
large bowl of gazpacho garnished w/ dices of avocado
THEN - and please don't try this at home ; 0
frozen banana "ice cream" w/ a raw revolution bar crumbled on top (this ate and tasted for all the world like brownies and ice cream - maybe better)
then - fresh bay leaf tea before bed w/ a tad of raw honey

Not too shabby eh?

suncloud: yes, I'm in dear old lousyanna. There is beauty here and much that I love about "home"...but give me an opportunity and the means to go somewhere else? and I'm all over it! but then, I'm a restless malcontent...no, really...I've suffered wanderlust and a tendency to bore easily all of my life. It ain't good...and I am getting better.

Thanks to all of you for your encouragement and support. You "guys" are the best, really. I thank goodness everyday that we all teamed up.

talk soon,

khale

Current Page: 15 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables