Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 12 of 22
Re: Seven Weeks All Raw
Posted by: khale ()
Date: June 01, 2007 10:39PM

Hi Anu. You are more than welcomed to join us. The more the merrier.

~k

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Asnerek ()
Date: June 01, 2007 11:14PM

I want to join, too!
I'm in my third month 100%, but boy does company sound good.

Lovers don't finally meet somewhere...they are in each other all along
Rumi

Posted by: alicenubby ()
Date: June 02, 2007 01:35AM

okokok. I have been slacking a little.but i am back. I love the hope and inspiration here.
I think I am going to cut my nut and dried fruits down. I don't read to much about them from you guys.....I haven't really lost any weight but I surely still feel better.
what do you think?

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 02, 2007 02:00AM

Welcome Newbies!! Right, Khale, the more the merrier.

alicenubby- I eat lots of dried fruit and nuts. I eat a lot of trail mix when I am on the road and I make almond milk. I eat dried figs and dates a LOT. I assume my dates are dried. I have never seen a fresh one so am not sure. Tonight dried apricots totally hit the spot for me. I put salt on them. Salt is an addiction I will worry about later.

Today I ate:
-tea
-spinach and banana smoothie
-Huge salad mostly green with spinach, parsley. cilantro, tomatoes. avocado, green onion, sunflower seeds, lemon juice, olive oil, honey and salt
-tea
-dried apricots with salt

I will probably eat something else because I will be up a while. I also will have night time tea. I have lost about 5 pounds since May 14. My tight shorts are falling off of me. I need to keep up the excersize or I am going to start looking puny. Today my excersize was cleaning out two chicken houses smiling smiley.

Date: June 02, 2007 02:18AM

hey hey

good to see you alicenubby. welcome back.

asnerak, you are welcomed too. congratulations on your 3 months.

today I ate:

juice of 2 oranges diluted by half w/water
green tea kombucha
a petite watermelon chunked and then I juiced the rind and peel (it was organic and ridiculously expensive so I wasn't about to waste any of it) drank one glass of the juice and had the rest later after "lunch"
zucchini humus w/ cucumber & a few kalamata olives
cup of green tea kombucha
more watermelon juice
tomato/miso soup w/fresh oregano and thyme (delicious)

I'm very full tonight from all the liquids I consumed today. I wanted to flush out as much of the mucus and other crap that began to break loose today. I'm feeling much better.

wishing you all a good night,

khale

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: June 02, 2007 03:11AM

Today's fare:

During day: 2 bananas, lots of cherries, 1/2 small watermelon

5:30 plate of baby spinach, whole tomato, 1/4 red peper, 1/2 avocado, and a few kalamata olives.

8:00 now eating avocado mushed with tomato. Utensils: red pepper and celery ribs I'm using one whole red pepper and a couple celery ribs because I am eating the utensils. smiling smiley

Hope to go to bed earlyish. Slept 9 lovely hours last night. Good day today, very relaxed. A bit of cleansing going on today that I can observe. Nice.

Weigh 173---(down 13 pounds, since about a week before this challenge)

I feel so much better!

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: June 02, 2007 03:44AM

2 green smoothies (1. kale, cilantro, orange, banana 2. kale, cilantro, apple, banana)
3 flax pancakes
1/2 bag cacao crispies
tiny bit of watermelon juice
Pure Food and Wine: yum!
coconut water
pepermint tea
spicy lettuce wraps w/mango etc.
butterleaf lettuce salad w/cashew cheese and berries yum
raw tiramisu
wow what a feast
My dad and i rode 15 miles this morning from 72nd st to battery park and back. so much fun!
we also took a walk throughthe park

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: meow ()
Date: June 02, 2007 04:53AM

i had a rough day. i ate a pb&j sandwich, which is my ultimate comfort food. there were a number of reasons why this happened, none of which matter as much as the fact that IT HAPPENED and now i need to take a step back and re-evaluate what i'm doing and where i went wrong.

i got into a car accident on my way to pick up some food before work this morning. there was an animal in the road that had gotten hit and i was looking to try to see if it was dead or if i could help it or something, and the light in front of me turned red and by the time i noticed, it was too late. i rear-ended the car in front of me, and he tapped the car in front of him. both of them were really nice guys, the one who just got tapped didn't even take my info down even though i of course offerred it. he just said there was no damage and he left. the other guy was so nice and couldn't have been more understanding about it. he said he's unlikely to do anything a/b it b/c the damage was minimal and his car was already pretty beat up (thank g.od i hit the one ugly car in LA!!!).

while we were talking, an SUV ran over the animal again and that was horrible to see. it was definitely dead after that. i almost threw up.

so anyway i was feeling very shakey and on the verge of tears for a while. while i was able to tell myself it was no big deal, no one got hurt, and it could have been so much worse, i wasn't able to keep it from spilling over into the rest of my day and making me stressed and sad. then i met my boss's wife and she is just one of those horrible, filthy rich women doused in perfume who looks you up and down and smiles at you like you're some kind of puppy in a cage at petsmart and she's the queen of england...or something..i can't even describe it, if you've been around super insanely rich people maybe you know what i mean. they just act like you're sub-human. she was this perfect, tiny little thing decked out in ralph lauren polo and a $30,000 watch (i know b/c was the one who looked for watches for my boss to give to her!) and it just repulsed me and made me feel so inadequate. just b/c i wasn't born to a billionaire i'm not as good as her? i hate that this whole beverly hills thing is getting to me so much, but i spend most of my time there around people who throw money around like gold comes out of their faucet instead of water, and it does get to you after a while. so anyway those 2 things combined, not to mention the fact that i didn't have any food b/c i never made it to the store and didn't bring much w/ me, was why i ate the pbj.

i felt a little fuzzy afterwards, and sooo full (still am full 8 hours later) but no other effects, unless you count the emotional toll it's taken! but tomorrow is another day.

i'm committed to eating 80-10-10 this weekend. i think all the fat i've been eating lately is just making me feel worse.

here's my day:
-lara bar
-2 bananas @ work- we buy bananas for everyone, they weren't quite ripe though so they were unsatisfying but i didn't have much else since i'm out of everything
-a mango w/ strawberries- this was the one thing i brought w/me but i ate it around 11:30 since i was really hungry
-pb&j on whole wheat bread...i don't even want to think about it...it was good though ;-)
-apple- finally made it to the store after work!
-walked for an hour and did abs/upper body strength exercises for 20 mins.
-1/2 mango and another apple

i am really full now, so that's it for me.

sorry to write such a novel of a post, i just needed to get that out. i am really disappointed in myself, but at the same time i'm proud that i made it to almost 1 month of 100% raw, and i look forward to another month and beyond. i'm sorry if i let anyone down sad smiley

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 02, 2007 06:48AM

hey alicenubby!! yay youa re back good to see you !!!

well kerensa..i love to see you here as well..you alway brighten up my day!! now you are on the challenge with us!! yay you!!!

hey meow glad everyone was okay..that was atough day..i send good energy your way..and you didn't let anyone down YOU are the only one you report to and YOU are the one who feels bad or great!!! we are just here for support!!! so don't worry no one is upset or let down! just keep taking care of yourself..and you are doing great!

well here is what i ate for the day today
portabello sandwhich's using:
2 portabello's (makes 2 sandwhich's each one made one)
1 cup of sprouts
1 cup of zucchini hummus (4 baby zuchinni.spray of brags and clove of garlic no tahini)
5 capomri (sp) tomatoes..size of strawberry tomoatoes
1 red bell pepper
3 gloves of garlic
1 whole stick of fresh oregano
spray of braggs
(mixed all up in a blender and made a soup)
added 1/2 cup of sprouts
1/2 watermelon
1 piece of broccoli
1 date
okay well that is my day's food!!

love always
earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 02, 2007 09:14AM

Khale, glad to know you're feeling better. Sounds like you had a real good food day today again as usual. Good for you for taking some time off!

Nice going Starfruit, Elakti, and Pakdforfun!

Welcome back alicenubby! My thought about the dried fruit is that if you feel comfortable cutting down, fresh fruit is probably better. It's fresher (of course), plus less concentrated on (fruit) sugar. Cutting down on some of the nuts might be a good thing if you feel you're eating too much. But I do think it's good to eat at least a small portion of nuts and/or seeds almost everyday for the minerals.

Meow, that sounds like a very harrowing experience. I hope you're getting over it and getting some good rest tonight. About your peanut butter and jelly sandwich, if it were me, I think if I ate one, I'd probably end up eating about 10, or at least that's been my past experience. So from my perspective, I think you did really well. Congratulations for going almost a month, and also for looking forward to the coming month all raw!

At this point for me, there's no longer any struggle to stay raw, but I still have issues within my raw food diet that I'm working on. The biggest issue is my sensitivity to greens. I can't handle eating even a small amount of greens EVERYday without getting severely constipated, dry skin and itching, swollen eyes, sluggishness, depression, and a loss of sense of well-being. Once or twice a week though, I can handle.

On days when I do eat greens, it's a lot easier for me to feel satisfied. On days when I don't eat greens, although I usually average a fair amount of fats, I get hungry, and I fill up on a lot of fruit. I usually eat AT LEAST 1300 calories of fruit in a day. That means at least 10 small bananas and 6 small oranges, plus whatever other kind of fruit I have around. That's a lot of fruit. That plus 1/4 to a whole large avocado, plus sprouted seeds, brings me easily up to 2000 calories a day, which is about right for my BMI.

But eating like that is somewhat unbalanced I feel. I'm starting to wish I didn't have to eat that much fruit to stay satisfied. I'm eating fruit even when I don't really want it, just to keep from being hungry. The avocado and the sprouted seeds really help, but I can't eat more of them than I'm eating now, without getting a stomach ache.

So that's why for me, I'm starting to look more and more at sprouted grains. This week, starting maybe Sunday, I'm going to see if I can eat them a little more often and cut down on eating more fruit than I really want. I'd like to get maybe about the same amount of calories, but eat a little less food. Anyway, that's my big challenge right now.

Today was a greens day. smiling smiley I had: bananas, oranges, strawberries, some fantastic lychees, 3/4 avocado, red leaf lettuce, bok choy, Gold Mine nori, sprouted wheat, alfalfa sprouts, red bell pepper strips, leek, grated ginger, cucumber, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, and a big pink hibiscus.

Exercise: 1 hour yoga, walked 4 miles, 50 minutes aerobics with weights

My knee is a little better today than yesterday. Thanks for everybody's good wishes!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2007 09:17AM by suncloud.

Date: June 02, 2007 12:12PM

Thanks suncloud. Hey maybe try green smoothies. I used to have a really hard time getting greens in until my dad introduced me to green smoothies and now i drink one everday. They are super easy to digest.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 02, 2007 12:55PM

Didnt update yesterday, things were hectic. The weather is soo gorgeous today, dont think anything could stop me smiling smiling smiley

***Anyway yesterday***

Grapefruit juice

Appe juice

1 Litre water

--

Felt a little rough later so had some mashed Avacado- perked up after this (kind of ruined the juice fasting.. but onwards anyway)

Today

1 Litre Water

so far...

Went to a lovely local market..mm the smell of the fruit was just wonderful, Got 3 melons, a few pounds of grapes, strawberries and a lot of greens- various. Try to have some green smoothies, up my iron a bit.

Have a wonderful weekend all

Xxx

Date: June 02, 2007 01:52PM

Meow- Sorry your day was so hard. I wouldn't be so hard on myself if I were you. Circumstances happen and you are doing really well. P,B&J seems a lot healthier than most things that you could have eaten. Maybe sometimes we have to priorotize emotional comfort in exchange for a little less than perfect food. If you beat yourself up over it the emotional comfort seems to be thrown out the window and it was all for nothing. Sorry you have to be around such superficial people, too. I feel compassion for people like that. I can't imagine being so ignorant to the important things in this life. My neice is a nanny for very rich people in LA. It is so sad how they miss out on their children. They really have no clue what that kind of thinking is really costing them. They are ignoring what is truly priceless.

Date: June 02, 2007 02:56PM

good morning everyone!

Elakti: congratulations on the weight loss! In my mid-thirties I weighed over 200lbs! and I'm here to tell ya that just by sheer virtue of weight loss alone soooo much gets better! You haven't seen nuttin yet!

Starfruit: I'm envious of your visit to Pure Food and Wine. I'd love to dine there! and you are so fortunate to have a Dad who is on this path with you! How kewl is that!

Meow: 30 lashes with a wet noodle for eating a PB&J! Feel better now?

I have almost daily contact with very rich people, so I know exactly what you were feeling yesterday. I've learned first hand that happy has nothing to do with money. Two years ago one of my clients husbands committed suicide - a very successful oral surgeon who "had it all". The rich have it harder than most of us think because they can't buy happiness and are constantly trying to. One of my clients is forever fiddling with herself (she's my age) and trying to buy youth as well as happiness. We "poor" at least seem to have a quicker route to understanding what happiness is - and its not a $800.00 handbag or a wrinkle-free face.

How sad for the poor animal! That kinda thing just breaks my heart too.

Suncloud: glad that your knee is getting better so quickly. I wonder why greens make you feel bad? I find that odd. Sometimes I wonder if we don't become addicted to a certain "high" that a predominately fruit diet can give us. Greens may be more grounding and so may lower the frequency a tad, but is that really a bad thing?

you guys have a happy Saturday,

talk soon

khale

Date: June 02, 2007 08:51PM

Hi Khale, and happy Saturday to you too!

Khale, I agree with you that greens are very grounding. I really LIKE that about them. But for me, when I eat greens, the itchy skin, exhaustion, and especially severe constipation, is not a happy or healthy thing. Normally, I'm never constipated, and I'm really pretty appalled that anything could make me constipated with all the exercise I get. I drink a lot of water too. It's hard for me to believe it myself, so I guess I shouldn't expect others to understand it very well either. Oh well.

Starfruit, I very much appreciate the suggestion, and thanks so much for offering it. Unfortunately, blending or juicing, doesn't help even one iota. In fact, the symptoms are even worse when it comes to juicing.

I think I've tried just about every way under the sun - at least a few times - to find a way that I can eat greens more often, including slowly building up to it. I really LOVE the taste of veggies. But so far the best I can do is eat veggies once or twice a week and try to eat the most nutritious ones I can get.

Khale, raw sprouted grains are very grounding too. Possibly even more so than greens. But so far, when I eat the raw sprouted grains, I'm not experiencing any of the symptoms that I get from greens. If I could eat raw sprouted grains everyday, that might be a really good thing for me.

I hope there are some people who will feel comfortable supporting me on this. After all, I'm just experimenting; and sprouted grains ARE RAW. I kind of think they have an undeserved bad rap. Which is quite understandable, considering the absolutely AWFUL effects of eating COOKED grains.

Anyway, I'm glad that there are things I CAN eat everyday! We're all so lucky to be alive!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2007 08:53PM by suncloud.

Date: June 03, 2007 12:03AM

Hey, I like sprouted grains. When I first went raw I ate them a lot. I don't desire them much any more.

I wanted to tell you guys somthing kind of exciting, for me anyaway. I was craving something I used to love to eat, fritos dipped in egg salad. I thought I was going to go crazy. I went to the store and I was so tempted but I thought I would hate to have to post eating that. On the way home I thought I will eat dried seaweed, it's crunchy and salty like fritos. Then I thought I have leftover hollandaise sauce, egg salad-hollandaise...hmmm. When I got home I mixed it and tried it, it was perfect. Craving gone. It's not sitting real well in my tummy but a hell of a lot better than fritos and egg salad would.

I'll post my foods for the day later.

Posted by: shawnasong ()
Date: June 03, 2007 12:13AM

Hi there,
Glad to read how you're all doing. I finally have some time to myself. Husband and baby are off to swim at the in-laws. Now I can get some long overdue chores done and some very!!! long overdue alone time. Ahhhhh.

I was going to post what I ate yesterday, but I honestly cannot remember...I know I ate really well with lots of fresh picked greens.

Today I've eaten:
grapes
greens with pesto dressing
1 banana pinenut popsicle
1 nectarine
1 piece of onion bread
8 dates
I'll probably have something else, like a mango...not sure

Has anyone else experienced blurred vision as a sign of detox? Yesterday I had a difficult time focusing my eyes and I felt generalized weakness in my leg and arm muscles. It felt like I had to work really hard to pull something into focus and then I couldn't hold it - my ocular muscles gave out! Very strange. Just wondering if anyone can relate...

Well, getting ready for our 2 1/2 week road trip on the west coast. I am a little nervous about the food thing. Obviously the food is available, it's a matter of discipline. You know how it is on vacation! I've scoped out where some raw restaurants are, so that should be fun. Is anyone between Santa Cruz, CA and Portland, OR?

Bye Bye,
Shawna

Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: June 03, 2007 12:37AM

Hi Khale, Can we organize a chat room where we can all ask/discuss concerns etc.? I think it would be beneficial to all of us. What do you think?

Joan

Date: June 03, 2007 01:18AM

Hello everyone---

Today I started out with some grapes, and a fantastic cherimoya. Throughout morning, I had also a banana, 2 oranges juiced.

About 1:30 I had quite a salad: red leaf (garden), baby spinach, 1/4 tomato, tiny turnip (garden) grated, tbsps grated beet (garden), 1/2 crookneck squash (garden), 3 kalamata olives, a few walnuts. It was really good. I liked the squash very much, nice mild almost sweet flavor. I've always liked turnips and I liked the first flavor but then they turn too spicy and mean. I won't have them again.

Worked in garden for at least 2 hours, which inspired me to eat 6 valencia oranges.

A few hours later--1/2 very large beautifully ripe canteloupe. DELICIOUS!

I felt good today, but last couple hours am assailed by such feeling of fatigue and weakness in limbs and body. I hope I have the good sense to get in bed, like now.

g'night all
Elakti

Date: June 03, 2007 01:42AM

Also, smiling smiley

Shawna---yes, I've had a sort of ocular weakness when in a strong detox mode. I sort of feel like that now, very tired, weak, and the muscle weakness. My eyes don't want to stay open. I read that when the body is working on cleansing, most energy is directed to this and is inside with the organs...energy is pulled from muscles and we feel weak. I feel like that now. My body is giving me a message: lie down, close your eyes, let me have all the energy, I'm busy. !!! smiling smiley Anyway, that's my interpretation, heh. smiling smiley

Pakd4fun---good ingenuity!!! I like it!

Suncloud---interesting about the greens! What kind? All, even mild mannered lettuces and sunflower sprouts? Those are about the only greens I consume, all kinds of lettuce, sunflower sprouts, celery.

Khale---yeah, I got up to 230 a few years ago...lost 85 pounds on raw foods. Then went back up going off raw...see saw...now back...this time I want balance, no more teeter tottering. Not carrying excess weight is so wonderful. I can hardly wait to get back down to reasonable. I want to stay raw. I want to clean out as much as my body will.

Have a wonderful sunday everyone.

Date: June 03, 2007 02:40AM

Good job on the seaweed and hollandaise sauce pakdforfun! Mind over matter. And you ended up eating something you really liked. That's nice.

Hi Elakti, yes unfortunately it's all the greens. Strangely, I hardly notice anything at all if I eat greens after several days of not eating them. Yesterday I had greens, and today I feel fine. But I hadn't eaten any greens for a week, and that's usually how it is. It's only when I eat them too many days in a given week that they really bother me. If I eat them several days in a row, people actually start commenting to me about how tired I look! And like I said, the constipation is severe. Even more strangely, the quantity doesn't seem to matter very much. It's like my body wants them completely out of my system before I put any more in.

I do eat sunflower sprouts, but only at the young stage, before they begin to turn green and get their little leafs, and before they start to get bitter. Like about 36 hours from beginning to soak.

Got to go!

Date: June 03, 2007 02:53AM

2 green smoothies (1.cilantro, strawberry, boston lettuce, banana 2. coconut, kale, banana) yum
1 avacado
1/4 piece raw focacia
2 oz chickpea curry (not raw)
lots of extras of juice only the raw ones
cup of raw kale
some raw vanilla icecream
a few pieces of raw chocolate bar
2 apricots
2 plates of zughetti w/seasame oil and soy sauce and seasme seeds
khale: have you been there? It is so lovely. Do you live in the city? Yeah i am so grateful for my dad!
suncloud: no problem. wow that's crazy. but if your body is reacting like that it probably means it doesn't want them right now ya know?
pfun: wahoo good for you that is the best feeling conquering a craving.
I second the nomination for a chat room at some point!
I feel very excited about raw right now. It has really helped me with a lot of things but mainly getting out of my depression and about obsessing over foods and cal and stuff. I just don't do it. I feel happier than i've felt in months.I wish this diet would spread all over the world. It would solve so many problems.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: June 03, 2007 03:15AM

hey all, i feel bad for being so involved in my own situation yesterday that i didn't even read or reply to other posts! so here's my attempt to catch up...

suncloud, that sucks about your sensitivity to greens! i also find greens to be very satisfying and they seem to stabilize my blood sugar levels. when i'm really really hungry greens are always what i crave and they fill me right up. i wonder why you have those sorts of reactions from them? any ideas?

starfruit, sounds like you and your dad had a great time together smiling smiley i'm so glad. what do you put in your green smoothies? can you taste the greens? i want to try these but i'm afraid they'll taste bad!

shawnasong, there is a raw restaurant in santa monica, CA, but i'm not sure if that's above or below santa cruz. i haven't lived in CA very long so i don't know where many other cities/towns are. but i beleive this restaurant is called "raw by juliano"- i haven't been to it b/c my friends are not that into raw foods, they'll come to vegan cafes with me but that's about it! it didn't get good reviews on zagat though...

thank you to sach, suncloud and pakd4fun for your kind words smiling smiley i was feeling much more guilty and bad about myself than i should have, but that really helped. it's not the end of the world that i ate a sandwich. i feel so much better today and i really don't think i'll be eating cooked for a looooong time, if ever. it's not worth the emotional toll it took on me!

khale, you are too funny! 40 lashes w/ a wet noodle, lol. you are so right, just b/c they're rich doesn't mean they're happy at all. my boss never sees his kids, he missed their first b-day, he jets off to europe and barely speaks to his wife...thank you for putting that in perspective. money does NOT equal happiness, and maybe that's why they keep buying and buying- a new house in beverly hills, an italian sports car, shopping trips in Paris, yachts in monaco...and they come home and still feel empty b/c all that STUFF isn't what really matters in life.

i had a lovely day today- i volunteered at an animal adoption event w/ a friend, then we got lunch and walked around santa monica and went back and played w/ her puppy. i loved volunteering, i'm going to go back next weekend. it's a bit of a drive from where i live but so worth it. animals are so therapeutic to me, i really needed to just be around dogs, who are so happy and always have a wagging tail no matter what they've been through, and some kittens (it's kitten season!) who are little balls of fluff and energy and remind me so much of my 2 "kittens" when they were babies. now i'm in for the night- horrible headache from not drinking enough water- and am cuddling w/ my cats. i'd love to adopt another but don't have the money or space in my studio apartment for any more than 3!

food was not 811, but i tend to go crazy and make strict plans i can't stick to when i feel guilty or go off-plan w/ my eating. here's what i had today:

-vegan organic food bar (90%) raw
-ran 3 miles
-had half a banana, then made a smoothie but my cats knocked it over after i'd had about 4 sips! the banana wasn't ripe anyway so it didn't taste good.
-so instead i had an apple and half a lara bar in the car
-got an organic greens salad w/ apple cider vinegar and a tsp. or less of olive oil at the restaurant- lots of dark green and purple greens, which i'd really been craving, and maybe half a tomato...then had an apple shortly afterwards
-had carrots w/ raw hummus when i got home
-i'm about to cut up a mango and the rest of my strawberries to have for dinner/snack, don't feel like eating veggies right now
-will have another apple later

the reason i don't have tons of bananas is b/c they're not ripe yet. i tried putting them in a paper bag overnight and they looked like they'd be ripe but they're not. they're also non-organic b/c the organic ones are still really green, and they (the non-organic ones) have absolutely NO taste. it's very sad. i need to get ripe organic bananas tomorrow. i threw the other half of the banana i had this morning in the trash b/c it tasted gross.

Date: June 03, 2007 03:45AM

Suncloud- That is wierd about the greens. It seems like some rare sensitivity to them. What can you do? You can't eat them. Too bad.

Today I ate:

-tea
-figs
-ceasar salad
-tea
-almonds
-seaweed and hollandaise sauce
-asparagus with hollandaise sauce
-tea

Date: June 03, 2007 05:35AM

Hello everyone...good job today!!

meow glad you are feeling better!!
Khale you too dear!!!

Pakd4fun...yay you for that awesome switch of your craving!! good job...

shawna..yay glad you got some chores done and some YOU time!!!

elakti awesome day!!!

starfruit love you are doing amazing what ccan i say smiling smiley

suncloud you seem to have had a great day and that is aweosme you are going to try to switch it up so that foods are working better for yoU!! hopefully you can find a way to get some greens and less fruit with sprouted grains!! awesome goals

well lets see...today was a constant scale weighing day which was bad..i didn't want that but it is better then that being everyday like i used to so i am proud it is only once in a while!!!

here is what i ate today
1 galia melon (so yummy)
2 dates with a blueberry in each for balance of sweetness
4 baby zucchini chopped up
bunch of collards
2 cups of sprouts
1/2 cup of carrots
1 orange
1 watermelon smoothie (1 cup of watermelon with 4 ice cubes)
3 baby bananas
1/2 of avo

hmm wow what a day huh?? haha
oh well i had a lot i know it is crazy....lots of food but i was hungry all day..during my cycle i get a little hungrier...so i allow my body to eat when hungry!! it is good though i do really well with that..and i am okay with the foods and amount i ate too!!!

okay now i have to get packing up some of my room that was my goal this weekend and so far NOT good haha but i also had the unexpected work day today!!

take care everyone sweet dreams
love always
ME
xoxooxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 03, 2007 07:40AM

Hi Earthlangel,

It always seems like you and I are the last to post. I wrote something to you yesterday, but I reread it, and it sounded very dumb, so I erased it. The gist of it was that I was glad you never ate that chicken sandwich! I know it was just a passing thought anyway. How are you doing? You're not getting too thin are you? I guess we all kind of worry about each other occasionally.

Starfruit, so glad you're feeling so good. You sounded just like your picture! Yes, wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone were raw? We'd all be so much more appreciative of our beautiful, bountiful planet that's feeding us.

This is such a nice thread. Thank you again Khale. smiling smiley

Thanks so much people for helping me feel OK about trying more sprouted grains. I don't quite know what to eat them with if I'm not eating them with greens. But anyway, I have some sprouted buckwheat that may be ready tomorrow, and for backup in case it doesn't taste so good, I have some sprouted wheat.

If it doesn't work, I don't mind. I feel I'm doing really well in my life right now. Nothing's ever perfect (thank goodness).

Meow, I think I may have become sensitive to greens either because of my past ED or because I unknowingly had an amoeba for several years. I had really bad heartburn all that time, and as soon as I got rid of the amoeba, the heartburn just completely disappeared. I've read that amoebas can cause food sensitivities that linger long after the amoeba is gone. By the time my doctor figured out why I was so sick, I was not able to eat veggies at all without major pain and sickness. So that might be it. Anyway, now when I eat veggies, it's such a treat, that I don't feel any need anymore to eat cooked food. So that's a good thing!

Hey Meow, I saw you ran 3 miles today. How did it feel? Pretty good?

Today I ate: bananas, oranges, a tomato, dewberries, surinam cherries, half of an absolutely perfect "da kine" spoon meat coconut, maybe a cup of coconut water, 1/4 cup sprouted brown sesame seeds (measured dry), 1/4 cup sprouted hulled sunflower seeds (measured dry), and a big pink hibiscus.

Exercise: 1 hour yoga, ran 3 miles, walked 1 mile, 50 minutes aerobics with weights.

My knee felt quite a bit better (before I ran), but I think maybe I should have listened to Khale, and given it at least another day of rest. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Night all.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 03, 2007 09:35AM

Seems like everyone is doing good..

Sometimes all these unwritten "rules" can get oppresive to the point you really dont know what to do or eat. That part is hard for me.

Ah well, its been so lovely and sunny, spent most of yesterday sunbathing.. drinking lemon water and pottering about. Planted some mint and rosemary smiling smiley

Yesterday I kept it light, drank water, had some watermelon lollies I made..yumm

--

Question I have, atm am not hitting very high cals, have thought about adding coconut meat maybe into the water to up this. Around 400-600 max. This week I lost 7lb.. just doing my normal training- I think this is a bit too fast, normally 4/5lb a week for me. How can I slow things? Is this too fast of a loss or should I not worry?

Thanks in advance

Hope everyones having a relaxed wkend

Raw-dancer xx

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2007 09:35AM by rawdanceruk.

Date: June 03, 2007 02:25PM

mornin glories

Yesterday flew by!

It was a quiet day all in all: bought fruit at the grocery/ went for a walk, which I really needed after three days of very low physical activity, had dinner and watched a movie w/ the boyfriend.

I made the "save the salmon patties" pakd4fun gave me the recipe for and warmed them for an hour in a 100 degree oven. They didn't brown or crisp, but were just gently warmed through. I ate them on a bed of frisee lettuce, topped with a dilled avocado dressing thinned w/lemon juice and then garnished with fresh grated carrots and diced tomato - very very good, and it made a beautiful plate.

For breakfast I had a banana, mango and dewberry smoothie, and later I had an apple. then as a late lunch I had leftover soup and a romaine salad dressed w/ the remainder of the zucchini humus (I love this humus as a dressing)

I slurged and had 4 squares of dark chocolate for dessert.

A chat sounds like a good idea. I'll see what I can hook up...

Everyone, you are doing great! We are already at week 4!

Four is an interesting number...it both paraphrases a sense of establishment, structure and stability along with nuancing a period of discontent and boredom, so it should be an interesting week. The institution of marriage is a good example of the number 4's quality: the security is good but the monotony can be deadly ; )

have a peaceful, easy day

khale

Date: June 03, 2007 07:20PM

hey khale wow! those save the salmon patties sound amazing!!! that avo dill dressing sounds the best haha..i love dill things..it is my favorite haha..so anything with it in there sounds yummy to me!!!
glad you had such a wonderful day!!
keep up the good work
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 04, 2007 01:33AM

rawdanceruk, can you just increase your juice consumption so you're getting more calories? i'm not an expert, but i would think it could be detrimental to your health to be working out on so few calories.

i am feeling horrible today! i have the worst headache i've ever had in my life. i completely deserve it though, since i did eat that pj&j sandwich 2 days ago, so i'm just suffering through! i cancelled my shopping plans and napped for 1.5 hours when i was finally done w/ my chores, and i feel a little bit better but still very out of it and the headache is still there, just duller. i also have 4 "detox bumps"- those little red not-quite-pimples that pop up when i go through detox. umm...that one pj&j was SO NOT WORTH THIS!!!

here's my food for the day- i really wanted bananas today, and now i really want greens.

-apple pie lara bar & 2 bananas
-2 dates @ the farmer's market
-smoothie w/ 2 bananas, half a mango, strawberries, blueberries, OJ
-hot water w/ some lemon juice squeezed in- greenie suggested this for liver detox- and carrots w/ zucchini hummus, then apple & banana a bit later
-about to make a salad w/ spinach, mesclun (sp?), romaine, carrots, red peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, 1/2 small avo, cucumber and raw dressing made out of ACV, garlic & sundried tomatoes
-fruit salad w/ the other half of the mango & some strawberries, unless i'm not hungry

if i don't feel better for work tomorrow it's going to be suuuuch a bad day. i can't really even walk w/o my head pounding, so i'm not sure how i'd make it through the day. just got to keep resting and drinking lots of water i guess!

Current Page: 12 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables