Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 17 of 22
Re: Seven Weeks All Raw
Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: June 13, 2007 04:03PM

Suncloud: Thank you for your very informative words. I just got a book today by Natalie Rose "The Raw Food Detox Diet". Are you familiar with it? It literally just arrived so I haven't even opened it yet.

Thx again for your help. And I wish everyone a RAWSOME and wonderful day.

One thing I've noticed is that since the raw way of eating I'm so much more calm. Sometimes almost in slow motion! LOL (except around the Grandbabies -- there's only one gear with them!!!! LOL) However, whether it's present situations or when I tried to fast, I was extremely emotional. That's why I stopped. Plus tonight my stepdaughter is taking me and her Dad out for his B'Day. So, I will read Natalie Rose's book and continue from there.

Today I made some wheatgrass juice for my husband and me. It was SOOOO sweet. I wasn't crazy about it, but then it was only a shot so no big deal. Does anyone know if you can drink it all at once or are you supposed to sip it slowly? We didn't know so we sipped it.

Again, a beautiful day to everyone.

Joan

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 13, 2007 04:40PM

I posted and it got lost in cyber space. Hmm....wonder where it ended up?

I will try to remember it.

Thank you for all your support and understanding.

Suncloud, thanks for all the info.

Earthangel, I hope your personal issues iron out.

Myst and Miss Joan, I hope you feel better.

Khale, I know who to call when I move smiling smiley.

Yesterday was so busy and fun.

I ate:

-tea
-banana blueberry smoothie
-carrots dipped in zucchini hummus (delish)
-tea
-angel hair zucchini with basil, tomato and garlic
-tea

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: June 14, 2007 12:10AM

Last night for dinner I had 3 plums, 2 apricots, and hand full of cherries. I was very satisfied. A little while later I munched on celery stick and some iceberg lettuce.

This a.m.: not hungry at first. I had a massive elimination (I mean I gawked in disbelief. I had felt the abdomen being very busy starting last eve!)

I ate 6 apricots, a plum, cherries, banana (spread over hour or so)...full.

Lunch at noon: cherries. Salad: romaine, a little celery, tomato, blueberries and raspberries. Did not eat much. Good, but I felt satisfied so quickly.

Cherries. 5 apricots (these were all small, very delicious)

3:30 Galia melon

Later will eat something. I think it might be some baby spinach, diced cucumber, and tomato. Maybe 1/4 avocado mooshed with orange juice as dressing.
or more fruit smiling smiley

Interesting eating more fruit. It seems I cannot eat very much at one time. I get so full and have to stop eating, I've quickly had enough. Then I have to eat again soon. There will be a progression naturally to more fruit at one time and longer periods between meals. I've had recent salads without goopy dressings, and am fine with it. Today I enjoyed the "salad" with berries...mashing some of them for juicy 'dressing'. I didn't think I'd care for it, but I did. Somehow I feel a new freedom. Which comes from a feeling of "simplicity", no worries about diet. I don't have any questions at the moment, no "should I?"s, no concern over supplements, no worry about nutrients or this or that or whatever. Natural Hygiene is so simple and beautiful and the 811 book just clarified a lot for me with the ratio of fruit, protein, fat and the science and reason behind it.

I swear, after even just 36 hours of diminished fat intake, I woke up yesterday morning feeling so much better. Not physically exactly, but it was a mental thing. My brain felt more awake, more clear. Probably a combination of the enthusiasm over 811 and the actual reduction of fat. I feel more clear, like some fog has lifted, both psychologically and physically.
Elakti

Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: June 14, 2007 03:52AM

I, too, feel a new freedom!
It is great!

david

Posted by: meow ()
Date: June 14, 2007 04:23AM

hey everyone! ooooh how i missed this thread!

i have been crazy busy since the weekend. i've been going to work early and staying late, sometimes really really late. we've just had a lot of people out sick and i also like to stay late whenever possible b/c then my chances for getting a raise are much better! lol.

anyway when i read what pakd4fun wrote, my jaw dropped b/c i was about to write pretty much the exact same thing! i, too, have eaten some cooked food lately, but i don't feel guilty or bad about it at all. i think it's all a learning experience. i've stayed high raw, but have eaten some oats, sprouted grain bread, natural peanut butter...oh and a piece of vegan chocolate cake at real food daily on saturday ;-) i do plan on eating maybe 2-3 cooked meals or something like that per week, but still staying around 90-95% raw. eating cooked food, even really healthy cooked food, made me realize that my addictions to bread and peanut butter were very strong, and they still are! so i froze the bread i bought and i have to finish up a small carton of unsweetened soy milk, but the rest of the cooked food (just organic oats, organic all-fruit jam and organic natural peanut butter) will stay good for quite a while so i don't have to worry about that.

anyway i also want to continue to post here. i strongly believe that i can still see the benefits of eating raw if i eat high raw with a little bit of minimally-processed, "clean" cooked food. if i was trying to lose weight or overcome a health challenge, i would probably stay 100% raw, but with where i am now i think i got the toxins out of my body and i feel very healthy and happy with how i'm eating and life in general :-)

sooo...today i didn't get home for the night til 8:30 b/c i left work over an hour later than usual and then i worked out. i wasn't in the mood for a salad and i'd been eating 100% raw all day, so i allowed myself to have 1/2 c. oatmeal with some unsweetened soy milk and natural pb for dinner. i wanted to get rice or almond milk but i didn't see any of the refrigerated kind- does it exist or is it only the stuff that doesn't need to be refrigerated? i feel like there would be lots more preservatives in that...

anyway here's my food for the day:

-smoothie w/ 2 bananas, strawberries, mango, OJ
-choc. coconut lara bar, banana
-banana, rest of mango, 3 slices dried mango
-a few bites of raw tabouli
-apple & banana
-handful of baby carrots
-walked for 50 mins.
-oats w/ soy milk and about 2 T pb (yep i ate some off the spoon...can you say addict??)

so my goal is no more pb until the weekend. i need to not eat it every day! other than that i'm happy with things. i'll probably be 100% raw for the next 2 days b/c i have the food now (i had no $$ over the weekend so i couldn't by things like lara bars and lots of produce!) and i'm not really craving cooked food as much as raw. once i got over the initial, "i can eat peanut butter and chocolate again!!!" i didn't really want it as much! lol.

miss joan, i'm sorry to hear you're going through a rough time. you are in my thoughts.

elakti, so you really like 8-1-1? it's something i also seriously considered (didn't read the book though) but i found it really hard to cut my fat down and still function and get through the work day/work out! any suggestions or things that work for you?? i'd love to give it another go in the future.

ok i have not seen my cats for more than 1 hour at a time since like last thursday...must go give them attention!!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 14, 2007 07:02AM

Welcome back Meow and your kitties. smiling smiley

Glad to see you're doing so well Elakti!

Today I had: bananas, oranges, plums, lychees, about 10 macadamia nuts, 1/2 small avocado, 2 nori rolls with nori, red leaf lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, chinese cabbage, leek, raw wheat germ, olive oil and lemon juice.

Exercise: 1 hour yoga, 50 minutes aerobics with weights

Date: June 14, 2007 07:04AM

Welcome back Meow and your kitties. smiling smiley

Glad to see you're doing so well Elakti!

Today I had: bananas, oranges, plums, lychees, cucumber, tomato, about 10 macadamia nuts, 1/2 small avocado, 2 nori rolls with nori, red leaf lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, chinese cabbage, leek, raw wheat germ, olive oil and lemon juice.

Exercise: 1 hour yoga, 50 minutes aerobics with weights

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 14, 2007 09:46AM

Hey everyone...well another wonderful beautiful day...

kale glad you got to check in even though you were off to a late start smiling smiley
xoxo

Dvdai..glad to see you posting here as well!! youa re doing awesome hun...a great guy you are!!
xoxoxo

Miss Joan...don't stress wheatgrass can be taken in a quick shot if you want..you still get the same benefits..the more you can drink in the day the better off..it is so healing and helpful to your body..you will notice if you drink a lot of it..your skin gets bright and your eyes are so white...like raw.....smiling smiley
enjoy the stuff...
xoxoxoxo

Meow...welcome back..glad you are feeling like you have control...yes it is your body's choice on what you want and what is right for you....keep up the good work..and don't worry you will still be cleansing your body till all the toxins are gone even with some cooked in there..but it takes 2 FULL years of 100% to fully clean out the body haha..so we all have a while to go..but that is why we are in it together smiling smiley
xoxoxoxo

Hey pakd4fun...thank you so much..yeah things are looking up but i have had some personal life struggles lately..(in my journal if curious) and i am trying to deal with them all..(mostly family related)
but thank you
xoxoxoxo

hey msyt...don't worry smoking will seem less appealing the more raw you eat and the longer..good luck we are here for you
xoxo

well everyone i am exhausted...my eyes are closing i have one eye shut and the other squinted to finish this post haha it is 3 in the morning here and i have to be at work in just a few hours...so i need to get a little rest in...

here is what i ate today:
1 galia melon
2 cups of carrots half with raw mustard
4 lettuce wraps with cucumber..organic spinach...and sprouts...(lettuce was collards haha)
big huge salad (the one from last night that i didn't eat)
it contained:
1 head of kale
1 cup of sunflower green sprouts
1 cup of other sprouts
some raw coleslaw
caraway seeds
tossed...soo yummy!!!!
oh and some avo choco pudding i made with 3 avo's..didn't eat it all shared it...but it was yummy...3 small avo's....some water..some raw cocoa powder and a couple stevia leaves.... blend in blender and freeze till chilled...yummo

feel good!!! feel happy...feel strong....
love life!! yay me...smiling smiley

hope everyone has a fabulous day tomorrow
much love and energy
love always
earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: khale ()
Date: June 14, 2007 01:20PM

Good morning!

This week has been so busy that I've barely had time to catch up with myself.
Today I vow to do only what is necessary and not a whit more. I haven't even been keeping a record of my food intake in the last three days, which I don't like as this helps keep me on track and focused.

I've been eating lots of fruit in the mornings through the late afternoon...day before yesterday it was cantaloupe - a huge, very sweet one that I made milk from the seeds and then chunked and ate until around 2:00. Yesterday I finished off the rest, had some oj, and a banana. Both yesterday and the day before I had a marinated veggie salad for lunch which I love. I put chunks of broc, cauli, zucc, cukes and red bells in a covered bowl w/ marinade before leaving for work, pack it in my little cooler bag and by the time lunch rolls around its nicely marinated and delicious. Last night I ate the salad bar (not the whole salad bar!) at Jasons Deli w/ my friends whom I'm helping move. I put a few not strictly raw items on my salad - a few roasted sunflower seeds and a balsamic viniagrette. Night before last I shared a large watermelon with my boyfriend (its his sister who is moving) at his suggestion. I was very impressed with him for making this suggestion as the rest of the family were gunning for take-out sandwiches. Sometimes he really is helpful in my raw aspirations.

I've eaten a bit too much chocolate the last few days (my boyfriend ALWAYS has chocolate) and haven't had enough water and no fresh juices (which I really miss), so today I plan to juice some and float myself with water.

Myst: I was a very heavy smoker for most of my life. To this day I still want a cigarette at some point every day. Occasionally, under certain circumstances which trigger the habit, I'll catch myself reaching or asking for one. My suggestion to you is to begin by being aware of your breathing. Don't try to change your breathing in any way, just observe it. By awareness alone your breathing will get deeper and more rhythmic and you'll be less and less inclined to smoke. Also, I've used quitting aids such as patches and gum and though not optimal they do help and are a great deal better for you than smoking is.

For Meow and Pakd4fun: A conscious decision to include some cooked is anything but a failure. This is a great deal better than yo-yoing, feeling guilty and conflicted, and then reacting by eating icky, unhealthy, S.A.D. FOOD. And if the moderators allow, we will probably initiate another 7 weeks after this one is up, and both of you can begin again, if you choose.

For myself, and as someone wrote on another thread, eating cooked only makes me want to go raw more. But I'm 50 years old. My body reacts strongly to both cooked and raw and raw makes me feel so much better that there is simply no contest. I'm not doing this thing perfectly, but I still want to and so far have not decided to make a conscious decision to go back to cooked.

I'm hangin in,

Khale

Date: June 14, 2007 02:43PM

Hey everybody,

Earthangel. I don't know how you keep up with yourself. Were you this busy and on as little sleep before raw? I envy your energy.

Myst, I too smoked for years. It took me years to quit. I would quit, smoke, quit, smoke. Now rarely get a trigger to smoke. If I ever get that feeling I stop and think about how it would REALLY taste and how I would feel. The last time I had a cig I became ill for several hours. I never wanted one again. I can't remember the last time I felt the urge to have one. I hang out with smokers and usually am not even aware of their smoking. It is great to be liberated from it. I hope to accomplish the same thing with cooked food. The two addictions are very similar for me. The way I quit smoking was I started with smoking half of a cig instead of a whole one and I made myself aware of everyone I smoked. I limited them such as one an hour and weaned myself as I felt comfortable. Good luck and no worries about judgement here.

Meow, Glad I am not alone with my feelings. We also share a love for kitties. We rescue them and are the proud owners of nine and all are so sweet.

Elakti- I am so happy for you and it is my goal to be where you are somaday. The sooner the better. When i get my cooked addictions at bay I want to work on my fat and try 80-10-10. It sounds wonderful. When I first went raw I felt the fog lift. I would love to move forward with that feeling.

Today my two little ones are vomiting. I guess they picked up a little virus at storytime two days ago. They have not been sick for more than a day since going raw. And even now they feel well enough to run around and give me a hard time smiling smiley.

Yesterday I ate:

-tea
-fantastic fruit salad with pineapple, apple, grapes, cherries and bananas made by the kids.
-a little broccoli with hummus (didn't like that combo) I cannot remember what I decided to eat instead.
-tea
-snacked on cherries all day
-save the salmon patties (they weren't as good as last time and no one liked them much) on herb salad, avocado,dill and lemon sauce (yummy) Salad of cucumber and tomato in olive oil and vinegar.
-tea

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 14, 2007 05:51PM

pad4fun hope your little ones are better soon!!!

as always is a refreshing thread to check into smiling smiley

Today been a right monkey..literally!! banana mad!!

2 banitos

1 banana

Juice- orange and mango

yum yum

Just made a lovely kale salad for tommorow, ahh was a fun hour of "uncooking"..also made a huge batch of salsa smiling smiley

Date: June 14, 2007 06:31PM

Hi myst, exsmoker here too. Just goes to show there really is such a thing as an exsmoker, and you can be one too.

I was like Pakdforfun: quit,smoke,quit,smoke... One time I quit for nine years, then smoked a cigarette for a joke at a party. It took me another year after that to quit again! I learned my lesson: once quit, stay quit. Then it's easy.

Khale, I'm like you with raw vs. cooked. No contest. I guess it does have something to do with the age thing, being past 50 myself. When I eat cooked food, I feel like I'm ninety. When I stay raw, I definitely feel a lot better than I felt in my 20s when I was struggling with smoking and weight gain and fatigue and all the rest (20s are hard).

Hey rawdanceruk, hope you enjoy your kale salad and salsa tomorrow!

Earthangel, glad you're feeling good, and feeling good about yourself!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2007 06:34PM by suncloud.

Date: June 14, 2007 06:45PM

Thnks for the well wish. My kids seem to be completely fine in a record 6 hour virus war. Raw is an incredible immune booster.

Earthangel, I can't find your diary. I looked and looked. Am I crazy or blind.

My husband is eight years older than me,46, and I think just that amount of years older makes a huge difference. He went from being tired all the time, rightfully so because he works long hours and commutes two and a half hours a day, to having boundless energy. He is so physical now. He says he will never go back to his old ways of eating mostly "healthy" cooked. He has also dropped a lot of weight, about 30 pounds. He needs to be energetic with three young ones.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 14, 2007 11:41PM

Alright... I know I'm late, but consider me in on the challenge. I'm so grateful for the accountability!

Date: June 15, 2007 02:34AM

Hello everybody...

I took it pretty easy today...came home after work, took a bath, read a little.

Made a smoothie this morning of kiwi, banana, and papaya, which held me pretty good through the afternoon. Then at around 3:00 I juiced an apple, some celery and carrots and a cluster of grapes and then blended this concoction w/ an avocado, which was delicious. For dinner I had diced zucchini in a pool of tomato sauce and went back for seconds. I love the fresh, raw tomato sauce - infinitely superior to any cooked sauce that I've ever eaten. It was good to eat a home-uncooked dinner.

Pakd4fun: Glad the kids are feeling better.

Good to see all of you.

good night,

khale

Date: June 15, 2007 03:25AM

happy almost friday smiling smiley

ooooh man work has been crazy this week. i'm looking forward to the weekend.

thanks for your thoughts and kind words about me including some cooked. to tell you the truth, i am on the fence about it. i realized that i am still addicted to peanut butter and bread/starchy carbs. so maybe i am not the one in control. i guess eating a little cooked opened the floodgates and now my mind is just thinking of all the cooked foods i "can" eat now that i'm "allowed." but honestly it's easier to be 100% and know it's all off-limits. i know i'm a very back & forth, black or white kind of person, so i'm going to try not to make ultimatums, but i am strongly considering going back to 100% raw. i'll just take it day by day at this point.

oh, i had to throw out my almost brand new jar of peanut butter. that's how addicted i am. i knew i would just eat it every day til it was gone. so i tossed it. yeah, it's a waste of $2.99, but it's worth it b/c i feel more peaceful already.

Elakti, want some company on your journey to 8-1-1? i have decided to progress in that direction with my diet for a number of reasons, so i'll be joining you!

not going to post food today. it was mostly raw but too much food in general, and more fat than i know i feel good eating. so i'm back on track starting right now. i just feel fat and gross and i know i don't look any different/haven't gained weight, but with my history of eating disorders my mind often plays tricks on me when i'm not eating exactly how i want to be eating.

all the signs are pointing back towards 100% huh?? i wish i had some money to buy fruit...lol. i'll make due w/ lots of bananas and whatever i have left/can afford til july. i may have to "borrow" money from my dad, but i hate doing that b/c he never lets me pay back and then i feel guilty. i know he'd be ok with it though, he feels like helping me out financially still makes me a kid in some ways! lol. we'll see.

ok...have a good night everyone. i think i need to crash early and just visualize treating my body well and listening to my hunger signals instead of my cravings. i've gotten too far from the amazing mind/body connection i had just ONE week ago- crazy! but i am determined to get back there. please send positive vibes my way!

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: June 15, 2007 03:36AM

oats w/usual
green smoothie (banana, kale, coconut, papaya, orange)
1 piece of yam pie
cabbage w/olive oil lemon nutritional yeast and css
zuchgetti same seasonings
1/2 avacado
some of maca bar
2 nectarines
2 baby apricots
sleepy just saw company with mom. great day. tomorrow is the caberet! Send me good thoughts

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: June 15, 2007 06:53AM

Hi maderaw!

Hi Meow, another day! I wonder if there's something raw you can eat to satisfy your yen for pb and j on bread. Raw tahini on a nice plump calimyrna fig? Sprouted raw peanuts blended up and spread on a raw cracker?

There must be something. smiling smiley

Have you ever tried raw peanuts, sprouted? They are SO GOOD! They're good just eaten by themselves. I absolutely loved the jungle peanuts, sprouted. But they haven't been available in a while.

Meanwhile, it seems that raw organic valencia peanuts are available at www.sunorganicfarm (1-888-269-9888) and at www.mannaharvest.net at (1-866-436-13). I'm going to get some.

Today I had: bananas, oranges, strawberries, about 10 macadamia nuts.

Exercise: 1 hour yoga, 50 aerobics with weights.

My favorite kind of day: simple.

Date: June 15, 2007 09:34AM

Hey khale...yay you for doing so well!!! and yay for your boyfriend encouraging you on your journey!! that is awesome...keep it up and have a great day
xoxox

Pakd4fun...i have been running on this little of sleep and much activity but much more activity then t his before raw (high school i did high school half day..beauty college...then i either had EMT school or Ancilla college courses for my pre school education credits..and worked smiling smiley haha) but i am hoping with raw to get more sleep! it work for a few weeks at the beginning but i have slowly been NOT letting myself sleep whenever i want again..so i need to work on it...hope your kiddies are feeling better....oh and my journal is under my real name i changed it from that to earthangel a few months back haha...my real name is sachelle.....so you can look for my diary now..it is LONG though let me warn you..it is 26 pages haha....smiling smiley
keep up the good work
xoxoxoxo

hey rawdanceruk...keep up the good work and enjoy those bananas...and that kale salad and salsa good for you!!
xoxoxo

hey myst...smoking i agree with suncloud..once you quit stick with it...i went from quiting to smoking quit..smoke ect...and when i went raw it just sorta fell away....which iam glad..but sometimes i feel like i can smell it on my hands..and i taste it really bad...but like today i wanted one so bad..i was stressed and overwhelmed and really "NEEDED" one i thought..but i made it through..and you can too we are all here for you!!
xoxoxo

Hey suncloud...oh what short lived feeling great loving life haha..today was a really tough day..but thanks hun!
xoxoxo

Hey maderaw glad to see you joined us smiling smiley

I had a really tough day emotionally have a hard time deciding if moving is righ for me..so we will see.....eww and on top of all the emotional confusion...i have felt sick this evening..i think it was my dinner..i haven't really had any mixed foods or garlic in a while...and tonight i did...and i think it really got my stomach in some pain...
but oh well we live and learn and deal..this too shall pass!!

wish me luck on my decision of whether i am going to really move or not...

here is what i ate today
1 banana
1 cup of carrots
1/2 cup of fresh oj (few sips of jamba juice probably this much or less)
4 roma tomatoes blended with 1 avo and 2 gloves of garlic
2 cup of kelp noodles...(love these...only 6 kcals per cup and so yummy)
2 cups of alfalfa sprouts
1 galia melon

(not in that order just as i was recalling them haha)

have a wonderful evening and great day tomorrow
lots of love
earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 15, 2007 01:40PM

Good morning!

It's Friday! Yipppeeee!

It's been a hard week for me...not just work-wise, but in emotional/psychological ways as well. Often I have difficulties in discerning a healthy amount of striving versus being driven. Struggle is important to life...without struggle entropy takes over and the tendency is to lose ground; to fall back. But too much struggle activates the law of diminished returns so that one stays keyed up but nothing much is happening. This was what my last week was about. It's a Zen thing: there needs to be struggle without strife, which is a difficult balance to find and hold. I keep returning to my breath as it occurs to me. Just observing myself breathe. Interesting that its impossible to watch yourself breath and fret at the same time (also, for those struggling with nicotine, its impossible to smoke and watch your breath at the same time too). Sometimes the simplest things/practices are the hardest to maintain. Maybe because they really work and we tend to be afraid of things that really work. Things that really work will change us. Scary.

This week has been a textbook #Five. Numerology is the foundation of my work with the tarot and the correspondences extend into many other compatible systems as well. I have been working on a system that utilizes the tarot for accessing energy from the 7 chakra system for some time now. Its very interesting and useful to become sensitive to how and why energy gets blocked within your body/mind and how to get things flowing again. Raw food helps by getting digestive morass out of the picture so that you can "feel" where the emotional/spiritual issues lie for you - apart from the noise bad food makes in the body, mind and emotions...and it does make a lot of noise.

Anyway, Fives eat you alive! A very revolutionary and disruptive number, which is easy to see if you understand the stability and security of the fours, which is never stagnant....so, Fives disrupt in order to rebuild at a higher or more mature level of stability. We can look forward to that next week at week six...the number of equilibrium.

rawk on folks; rawk on

khale

Date: June 15, 2007 02:58PM

Several seem to be in a state of discontent. Come on week six.

It is funny how different we can all be. While Meow is not happy about the decision to eat cooked I feel so relieved to be back on my original schedule for transition. I feel like the pressure is off of me and I can relax. I do have the problem of my candida. It is so much better but I feel like the only way the overgrowth will ever completely go away is on a high fruit, low fat raw diet. I will continue to keep that as my goal but I know what I need to do to succeed. I ran into a friend last year who I hadn't seen in years. She was surprised to hear I was vegetarian. I said I was vegetarian last time I saw you and she said "Yeah, but those things usually don't stick." I think about that a lot because it never occurs to me not to follow through with what I plan to do. It is at the core of who I am. I ran into criticism from the most surprising places when going raw. I was shocked because when we say we are doing something we take it seriously. Although we will openly discuss our decisions and why we make them, criticism is not welcome. I know what it takes for me to follow through and achieve my goals. I also have the delicate situation of transitioning three kids. It is such a challenge and I appreciate you all so much. You guys are such a great support system.

Earthangel, I remember Sachelle, didn't know it was you. Thanks. I don't know much about your move but I hope your choice becomes clear to you. Good luck! Good luck with sleep too. Is it insomnia? You seem to have a very busy brain smiling smiley.

Meow, can you eat raw almond butter on bananas or in a wrap to satisfy you? You could always trade your sunglasses for food smiling smiley.

Khale, I hope next week is easier on you. Kudos to Michael for being so supportive.

Good thoughts comin' atcha Starfruit.

Welcome maderaw.

yesterday I ate:

-tea
-spinach, grape and banana smoothie
-huge salad with fresh herbs, tomatoes, mung bean and alfalfa sprouts, sunflower seeds, kalmata olives, flax oil and salt ( like heaven)
-tea
- I ate a cooked dinner ( won't bore you with the details)

Posted by: myst1kst0rm ()
Date: June 15, 2007 04:02PM

Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement. I only have a couple cigs left and I am savoring them...LOL The only thing I am concerned about is, am I trying to do too much at once with only starting RAW on the 4th? But I intend to replace my cig smoking with meditation of some kind... Yes, focus on my breath, that is so simple I am betting its really difficult to maintain LOL. Khale, you are so wonderful..I just had to say that. Your words are eloquent, and your spirit is beautiful. smiling smiley

I ate some hummus again today *ack*
I really need to go get some dried beans & legumes and start sprouting!!!
I have asked this before, has anyone else here had the sprouted grain bread called ezekiel??? I have been eating this once a day.. one slice with raw almond butter & some molasses & sorgum.

still the same diet, im trying to keep it simple. My biggest issue is the price of nuts & my inability to find them raw!!

bananna for breakfast

grapes,oranges,cantalope

nuts & dates

large salad with onions,tomatoes,cucumbers, spinach & romaine, 1/4 avocado,
& olive oil(cold pressed,extra virgin organic)& ACV

more oranges, grapes or melons

tea

banana or sprouted grain bread with almond butter

By tomorrow I will be a non-smoker!!!!

I need to get some pictures taken so I can do a good "BEFORE & AFTER". I am overweight and have skin problems.. I just have a good feeling i will be glad i had pics taken of me like this a few months from now smiling smiley

Have an awesome day everyone!! Blessings & light

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2007 04:06PM by myst1kst0rm.

Date: June 15, 2007 06:09PM

thank you all for being soo sweet to me!!

Today had some troubles with work, stress I dont need in my stress free life! ugh.. going to take it up with the union, hopefully will get sorted fast. For now, the weekend approaches so, trying to relax!!

Today had plenty to eat

Little smoothie- orange, mango

2 Banitos

Kale salad with salsa..this was soo spicy!! it was good!!

--

Expect I will have banana fest tonight! lol haha.. going out to buy a crate tommorow, what fun!!.. can barely contain my excitement!!..lol

--

Apart from the work hassle I am in very good spirits!!

My manager was worried about me... having a fruit bowl on my desk and being "bony"... bleh.. how annoying.. Explained to him about raw foods, and gave him some links.. should shut him up for now!! lol

Lost 4.5lb this week, so its slowing down, I think 6 a week is too fast. I can feel all my back "ribs", people are speaking to me about my "eating" like I am a child.. which is annoying me... what is and isnt healthy weight cant be dictated by someone who is comparing to SAD standards!

Ah well, its all good and raw-some!!

sorry to blabber on in the thread!!

Raw_dancer

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: June 15, 2007 08:30PM

Slept nearly 10 hours.
Ahhhhhhh............."superfood and super cleanse" par excellence!!!! (and it's free!)

I am fasting. Yesterday, however, I did have to do something in the morning hours and I had a little watermelon as I cannot start a fast with something to do. In eve. oranges, juiced. So my 1st day of fasting from chewing. I am counting it as it was just a little juice, and I didn't "get to eat". smiling smiley

So, today, water -- and permission to have diluted orange juice as desired.

I just feel it is a good time for me to have a little digestive system rest and a little extra clean out. It may just be a couple days. Then, back to delicious food.

I also smoke. I know, I know...wow. It is a long story, of trying to quit for 7 years, finally quitting...for six years and gaining 100 pounds and being the sickest I've ever been. There's a big pandora's box beneath all this, evidently. I cannot NOT smoke....yet. My goal is to consolidate this way of eating, clean out as much as I can until it ---hopefully---is possible for me to leave cigarettes completely behind without exploding in some other area. Definitely I am better off eating raw and smoking than eating junk food and not smoking. I so want to be rid of this horrid habit. I always have it in mind as I keep racking up days 100% raw...that this will help create a body and mind state that is more willing. If I quit now, I would be eating ice cream and cookies in a few hours. My confession. Aaaaarghhhh! First, I have to quit coffee! I may be able to FRUIT IT OUT of my life. But, I know, there is something else I have to somehow deal with. I could write a dramatic book about all the crisis that have happened resulting from efforts to quit. sigh.
Sorry to write all this here. Should be in my diary. But, now I am just going to leave it here, my apologies. smiling smiley

P.S. I AM cutting back on both habits, so it is improvement. smiling smiley

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: June 16, 2007 12:01AM

"P.S. I AM cutting back on both habits, so it is improvement. smiling smiley"

you are so right smiling smiley i smoked for 25 years on and off...almost completely on. i have to say almost because there were attempted quits in there. they didn't last long though. i have been smober this time for ...... august will be 2 years. i white knuckled it many times, tried drugs (an antidepressant i can`t remember the name of) once, and this past time the urge to smoke just left. i had been praying for the desire to cease and it did one day.it was a bit difficult at first...habits are always hard to change as the mind body connection is so great, but not nearly as hard as it had been in the past. i did gain weight but not because of eating but because cigs have over 200 chemicals in them and they alter your metabolism. when you are ready to quit, research non smoking boards and research what cigs actually contain such as embalming fluid and carbon monoxide among a couple hundred other things. kudos on the raw eating i`m transitioning smiling smiley

Date: June 16, 2007 03:24AM

oooh i am back to 100% raw and i feel so much bertter, mentally and physically!!!

sorry if i dcan't type well, i had a glass of oranganic wine and i'm really topsy, it doesn't take much! i am trying to catch my typos but i'm really hungry so i am typing fast AND drunk! lol.

sach, i hope you feel better soon and you get things sorted out. moving is a big, life0changing decision. you have to do what you can live with w/ no regrets. you know? if moving feels right, then it is right. and maybe after a few years it won't feel right anymore,and you'll move again. that's ok. that's good. i've moved a lot in my life and i think it really forces you to know who you are and grow as a person.

pakd4fun,. that's so funny, b/c i feel so relieved now that i'm back to all raw!~ but i am a perfectionist. i find that i need to feel in control all the time otherwise i freak out, and cooked food makes me feel out of control. oh and my sunglasses are WAY better than food any day! plus my dad will help me out if he thinks i'm starving. he and my mom are the best smiling smiley i'm thinking of banana fasting though which brings me to...

rawdanceruk, how do you liek banana fasting? do you have enough energy to get through the day? i work long days but i already eat lots of bananas and they give me plenty of energy so i'm thinking this may work for me. plus tehy are so cheap! i could save so mich $$ if i banana fasted for half a month, you know?

myst- good for you for quitting smoking! i wish you the best of luck. raw makes you want to take care of yourself, doesn't it?

ok my day...100% raw and feeling wonderful again! also pretty low-fat for me...

-smoothie w/ 2 bananas, mango, strawberries, oj
-2 bananas, lara bar
-banana, 2 apples
-banana, carrots w/ raw dressing (no fat in the dressing, just ACV, garlic, sndried tomatoes)
-1/2 svg. of mixed raw nuts- brazil nuts, cashews (mayby not realy raw??) almonds, pecans...and something else i don't remember..pistachios? it was really good though. oh and some raisins. i was sooo hungry
-walked for 45 mins.
-glass of organic wine- and will have another glass, i deserve it, i worked overtime all week!
-zucchinaghetti (better make this before i have more wine, otherwise i'll pass out before i eat! hehe)

that's y day. i threw out my jar of pb last night b/c i knew i wouldn't be able to go 100% with it still here. it's too tempting. i am a true addict! i had to do it! it made me feel really peaceful to know it was gone.

sorry for my tipsiness! lol. its' friday!

Date: June 16, 2007 08:41AM

hey pakd4fun..thanks yep that's me haha..i switched my name...i put in on the main forum so no one thought i was being sneaky haha..i wrote a big post on how i was switching my name smiling smiley....thanks for the encouraging words..take care
xoxoxo

Hey raw dancer go with your heart hun and listen to your body you are doing great!!!

Hey myst...yay for you joining the diary section...oh and yes ezekial bread is far better then the other breads out there along with manna..but neither of them are raw if that is what you are asking...good luck hun
ooxxoxo

hey meow thanks yeah it's tough hopefully i will figure it out

well everyone i am super exhausted so i think i wil try to nap...

well here is what i ate today
1 cup of oj
3 cups of sprouts
2 cups of sugar snap peas
2 grape tomatoes
4 lettuce wraps (cucumber,carrot,romaine wrapped in collards)
4 sundried tomatoes
1 galia melon

went to have some carrots and they both expired..2 big bags of organic ones...i don' tknow how that happened....JUST bought them..but don't have reciept...oh well 8 dollars down the drain...hmm odd

well have a great night and fab day..i have to get some sleep my eyes are drooping...

love to you all
sweet dreams
love always
earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 16, 2007 08:41AM

Khale, the tarot wizardess. Hope your predictions are true and we all have a great Week 6.

Pakdforfun, thanks for staying with us. And it looks like you're doing really well. smiling smiley

Myst, Congratulations nonsmoker! One thing that really helped me quit smoking was chewing on unflavored toothpicks. That hand to mouth thing is powerful.

About Ezekiel bread. Ezekiel makes some of the best (cooked) breads out there. They're organic, they use whole sprouted grain, and don't have honey, but NONE of their products (including their tortillas) are raw.

Ezekiel bread is made by Food For Life. You can go to www.foodforlife.com and click on the FAQs at the top of the page. You'll notice a question there, "Does 'live' grain mean Food For Life breads are considered a raw food?" If you click that question, the answer appears to the right. All the breads are baked at temperatures above 250 degrees. Their products are put together using live grains, but then they're baked.

Manna bread is also NOT raw. I've emailed them in the past, and they confirmed that all their breads are baked.

Sprouted wheat just by itself is raw (of course), and it's really good added to a salad! smiling smiley

Meow, Yay for you! Back to raw. Hope you're not too hungover this morning! I just found out that Sunfood Nutrition is supposed to have those fantastic jungle peanuts again by the end of this month. They are so good sprouted, or even just soaked overnight. I mean GOOD! And no aflatoxins. Their ph# is: 619-596-7979. Unfortunately they're a LOT more expensive than the valencia peanuts, which are also quite good. smiling smiley

rawdanceruk: I hope you won't mind this, but I just feel I have to ask you. Are you sure you're doing OK? Being able to feel your ribs in your back might actually be a little too slender. I can feel mine if I poke a little, but they're definitely not protruding or anything. Are yours?

A good cleanout is fine, but do you have a weight goal in mind that you're shooting for, or some other goal in mind that will signal you that it's time to start eating a little more? Or are you planning to do this until the end of the 7 weeks or until some other date?

I don't mean to be interrogating you! It's just that I'd like to encourage you, but I don't know if it would be good or bad for me to do that, because I don't really know what you have in mind. I think sometimes people can overshoot their detox needs, especially if they try to do it all at once. And I wonder if maybe you're someone who is doing that. Can you share your thoughts on it a little?

Elakti, amazing how many exsmokers and soon-to-be exsmokers are on this thread! Perhaps we all started out as rebels without a cause, and now we're all rebels WITH a cause! I sympathize with you about the weight thing. I didn't gain 100 pounds when I quit smoking, but I definitely started overeating then. And that ending up turning into quite a nightmare of an eating disorder. Miserable!
I think you've done really well on this challenge. Maybe once you feel secure with the raw, you'll also feel more secure about quitting smoking. The way you've been going on the raw thing, it shouldn't be too long! I hope so. I'm still an overeater at heart, but one thing I've noticed is no matter how much I eat raw, there's a definite limit to how much weight I can gain (unlike cooked food)!

Anyway, hope you soon feel comfortable about quitting the smoking. And good choice to go raw!

Dewey: Congratulations on 2 years without smoking! "Smober". I like that word!

Earthangel, since you said before that you like to snorkel, I just wanted you to know I had my best day yet for snorkeling. I'm usually way UNcomfortable with it, but today I did really well(for me).

Hope you do all right with the move. Anyway, WE'RE not going anywhere. We'll be here for you (emotionally at least) when you need us!

Today I had: bananas, oranges, plums, apricots, cucumbers, tomatoes, lemon juice, an avocado, 1/2 cup sesame seeds.

Exercise: swimming!smiling smiley

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2007 08:53AM by suncloud.

Date: June 16, 2007 01:23PM

Thanks for the replies everyone, and encouraging words. They have been good, thank you.

Suncloud - I guess I am trying different things to see how I feel. I find either juice or mono eating makes me feel the best. As I used to suffer from crohns I am carefull to make sure I stay in remission. So I try to keep things simple.

as for back rib bones, they arent sticking out, they are just there!.. dont know how to describe it really. I am sure my weight will stabilise out eventually. Will keep an eye on it..

Miss Meow.. as for the banana's they rock!! I have been having lots of organic banana's and banitos, they are cheap, creamy and wonderful. Yeah its given me enough energy to work/train. But I have found I need to balance it out with some greens- or I get that fruit high.. and not in a nice way. So perhaps stock up on a case of banana's and greens galore!!

Anyways today

Nori wraps for brekkie - sprouted chickpea, some of my home made salsa smiling smiley

Been out shopping for a while so havent had anything else, bought

1 case banana's
3 hands banitos
10 apricots
2 huge reduced melons!!.. Couldnt leave them for 80p each..

Anyways have a raw-some weekend everyone

Raw-dancer xxxxxxxxxxx

Posted by: myst1kst0rm ()
Date: June 16, 2007 02:00PM

Good morning!!!

*cries* Ok, I thought my wonderous bread was raw... LOL It is ok, I have only been having a slice every now & then. BUT, I did think it was raw. Oh well, my husband likes it, I will make him finish the loaf. Thank you for the heads up about the bread..I had a feeling everyone here would be eating it if it was really raw. I wonder if we cant get them to change their cooking temps LOL??

I am officially a non-smoker!! LOL I am already craving one.. I will get through this!! It is ok with me if i have to eat more, at least it will be fruits and salads!!

I have another question.. is braggs liquid aminos considered raw? I have been using them in my dressings and lately using that and olive oil only because the ACV hurts my gums in my mouth.. Im trying to keep the acidity in my mouth lower, eating melons instead of citrus ect. Anything to keep the pain down until i can get to a dentist.. sad smiley

Oh I just bought a jar of raw organic almond butter...food of the gods!!! YUMM!!
I work at kroger grocery store and i am sooo thankful that they have a large amount of organic foods there! We have lara bars too grinning smiley

Yesterday I ate salad like 3 times before lunch! I am really starting to crave the "greens".

My salad mix
-------------
baby green & red romain
tango
baby green & red oak
lollo rosa
baby green & red leaf
green & red butter
swiss chard
mizuna
tatsoi
baby spinach
arugula
broccoli
carrots
pea pods
radicchio
frisee
edamame
cherry tomatoes
red onion
olive oil & liquid aminos
sprinkles of nutritional yeast & ground flax seeds

bananna x2

grapes 1 cup

1/2 cup mixed nuts with raisins & dates

1/2 medium cantalope

I forgot I wanted to say....RAWk On!!!!!! grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2007 02:08PM by myst1kst0rm.

Current Page: 17 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables