Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 6 of 22
Re: Seven Weeks All Raw
Posted by: shawnasong ()
Date: May 21, 2007 01:36AM

Hello, I really missed you all yesterday and today! Funny, huh?
I'll post what I ate and then I have some things to say...
Yesterday:
papaya
corn tortilla with zucchini hummus, cucumber, tomato, yellow bell
veggie soup
green salad
stuffed mushroom with seed pate
pineapple
dates
I went to a raw potluck on Saturday night where I had samplings of the many dishes here.
Today:
papaya/banana/romaine smoothie
4 romaine wraps with zucchini hummus, cucumber, red bell, tomato, capers
1/2 avocado
a sampling of fruits from my son's dinner plate (you know how mom's eat what's leftover on the kid's plate!)

I woke up with a bona fide hangover from eating about 10 dates late in the evening. Otherwise I am feeling really great and proud of myself. I am so far experiencing this as effortless as long as I'm making sure my fridge is well-stocked and I have a plan and things prepared. That really is the key for me right now as I transition.

Today I was at in-laws for mealtime. I brought food and made my wraps. The hard part was resisting dessert. But I did it and then ironically rewarded myself with about 10 roasted tamari almonds! hehehe

A note on young Thai coconuts... A friend of mine just spent 3 weeks at Hippocrates Health Institute in West Palm Beach, Florida and learned from the chef there in one of the classes that young coconuts are soaked in formaldehyde prior to be shipped from Thailand to keep them looking white, otherwise they would brown and not sell. I just wanted to pass that info along. Indeed, it is hearsay, but what isn't?

Someone said how great it'd be if we could all get together and have a big raw feast and I started wondering where are we all? Would you mind sharing what part of the world you hail from?

Also, why don't we all consider starting a raw potluck in our communities. My husband and I did that starting in January with the vision that it would eventually travel to other people's homes. It has really taken off. We do a monthly newsletter including the recipes of what everybody brought.

Being the peace I wish to see in the world,
Shawna
Hailing from Sellersville, Pennsylvania

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 21, 2007 01:59AM

Slept 9 hours last night! Nii-iiiice!

apricot...2 bananas...strawberries..orange...goji berries and raisins...another banana

3:00 salad: red leaf lettuce, tomato, kalamata olives, sunflower sprouts

Dinner: bowl of diced cucumber, diced celery, chunked tomato, paper thin slice of red onion, handful of sunflower sprouts, a few sun dried olives. Deee-lish, but in the middle of it I had sudden intense craving for bread! I almost jumped! So I got just a few walnuts and they took care of it---awwwwright!

The fact I went from early morning 'til 3:00 with only fruit (circumstantial reasons) is amazing. I could not have done that a week ago. My blood sugar is balancing.

Feel quite good, steadier energy, more even disposition. The more rest I get, the better I feel.

Will probably have fruit later, or orange juice like last night.

Bon Appetit & Super Day & Sweet Dreams
Elakti

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: May 21, 2007 03:37AM

CONgrats everyone for a whole week! HI ALice glad to see we are both posting on this. Missed you. I'm from NYC btw.
OK today:
2 bowls of watermelon
bowl of blackberries
3 or 4 dtes rolled in coconut
1 banana
and then the raw restaurant yummmmm!
1 slice of raw margherita pizza
raw indian dish with soaked wild rice ooo such good flavors
and 1 slice of raw boston cream pie.
I thoughrouly enjoyed myself.
I took a walk today too despite of the rain.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: khale ()
Date: May 21, 2007 04:06AM

hey!hey!

another great day!

I literally feasted today and enjoyed every minute of it:

small papaya

"smoothie" of two tomatos and cucumber with cilantro

sliced banana topped with leftover pate'

Picnic:

stuffed anaheim peppers with mole sauce
mango chutney
quacamole w/cucumber slices
corn salsa
spanish scramble on baby spinach
sweet corn filling on romaine leaves w/ fresh edible flowers that pakd4fun brought - everything simply delicious and it all made a beautiful plate

It's 11:00 P.M. and I'm still awake! This is unusual for me as I'm usually fading by 9:00. I feel really good everyone and I'm so happy to see that you are all feeling good too. It's been a great week.

Looking forward to week 2!

See ya in the morning,

khale

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: May 21, 2007 07:16AM

Congratulations to all of us at the end of Week 1!

Today I had bananas, oranges, 1 avocado, about 1/8 cup sprouted brown sesame seeds (measured dry), about 1/8 cup sprouted hulled sunflower seeds (measured dry)and a salad of red leaf lettuce, russian kale, dulse, grated ginger, tomato, leek, a dab of sour kraut, alfalfa sprouts, cilantro, and about 1/4 cup sprouted wheat (measured dry).

Exercise: 1 hour yoga and garden work.

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: May 21, 2007 07:22AM

I love this time of the year! So many yummy fruits & veggies in season. I haven't counted amounts or calories... just eat till I'm full all day long... I'm always eating. Here's most of what I had this weekend:

cherries
apricots & dates - chopped,so yummy!
peaches
cantelope

zucchini- angel hair zugetti, love this!
green bell pepper
green onion
olive oil
garlic
arugula
fresh basil
raw olives
sundried tomatos
sea salt

ate at a little vegan restaurant today and had:
raw coleslaw with pecans
tempe- jamacian style.. it was so good, I couldn't resist.

carrots-juiced
celery-juiced
kale-juiced
beets-juiced
ginger-juiced

corn on the cob with olive oil & sea salt- sooo delicious raw!

sprouted corn tortillas
broccoli sprouts- LOTS! I love these in my tortillas!
avocado

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 21, 2007 07:40AM

Hey rawfrancois....well i don't think i am doing anything against the raw diet that i promote....i eat all raw and exercise...if i am not hungry i don't eat and that is okay with raw fooders...most people on this site don't eat until noon or even 2 or 3 in the afternoon...and then they eat some fruit and a salad...i don't think my eating is that unusual....so i am fine with it...and if you don't want to know the reason of my eating or not eatin for the day don't start the conversation...if you were just saying it to say it then you had no right...if you said it cuz you were concerned like khale then you would want the explanation...so then you don't have to worry..and you are 16 and and naive as you said so that explains a lot...
have a wonderful day hun.....

okay everyone i went to the raw restaurant and didn't get antyhing i was still feeling full and bloated..lots of detox today and didn't feel like much cuz i had so much bloating and elimination issues today....
but i had some yummy water with cucumbers soaked!! it was a lovely time glad to go and have some company you know??

well have a wonderful day everyone and wonderful evening!!! see you all tomorrow

oh and btw about the young coconuts...i have heard that as well...a few people have said it and it was a post a while back ...they are soaked ...and UMa even did an experiment and dipped them in food coloring and when she cut the coconut open the water had turned the color indicatint that whatever they soak these babies in is getting in the water and meat smiling smiley
so thanks for the tip to remind us huN!!!

love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 21, 2007 12:49PM

Well here we are at Week 2 already!

I learned quite a bit last week about what works and what doesn't work for me, so this week I'll be tweaking the diet a little, simplifying and cutting back a bit on the overt fats. I find the food extremely rich, concentrated and intense, which isn't a bad thing, and is often a very good thing, but this morning I'm craving simplicity itself.

I'm weighing in at 149.5, so it averages out to about a 3lb. weight loss over the last week. I'm happy with that. Pakd4fun and I have noticed that weight loss doesn't necessarily register on the scale and that raw foods tend to make one shrink in size. I definitely look thinner today than I did a week ago.

My mind is also gearing up for additional challenges, such as added exercise and regular meditation. I tend to do best in any endeavor if I keep myself challenged in some way, and besides that, there is always room for improvement.

We should plan a "live chat" soon. I'll see what I can do to get that hooked up, and try to schedule a time that's convenient for as many as possible. It would be great to talk to everybody on real time.

Knowing that I am to report my food intake every day to you guys has really helped to keep me on track more than once this past week and I appreciate all of you very much.

go raw, not mad

luv K

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 21, 2007 01:03PM

One week under our belts!!! It wasn't hard at all, on the cotrary. I am looking forward to at least six more.

I am feeling a few detox symptoms but really great at the same time.

Yesterday I ate:

-tea
-3 apricots
-banana
-handful of trail mix

Picnic (so much fun to have lots of raw food)
-stuffed peppers with mole
-mango chutney
-sweet corn, walnuts and raisins spread on lettuce leaf
-guacamole
-corn salsa
-quite a few grapes
-tea
-half a smart monkey bar

I think that's all. It was a very busy day.

I live in Southwest Louisiana. To have a raw potluck together we could meet in America's heartland. Hey, I know, we could go on Oprah and have a pot luck in Chicago when she has a show about the raw movement smiling smiley.

Date: May 21, 2007 01:56PM

I forgot I had fresh squeezed orange juice for breakfast yesterday.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: May 21, 2007 03:06PM

Have had a bit of an awkward day with travelling so havent managed to get much in the way of juice.

Worked out for two hours first thing

Had 1 litre water

1/2 cup of apple juice

.. now I am finally somewhere I can use a kitchen will get to making more apple juice..!am sooo thirsty..

Apple day today.. love em!!

Xx

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 21, 2007 03:21PM

so today is my 12th day total of rawing it... i have not been 100 percent the last few days.. but my total caloric intake over the 12 days has been over 95 percent raw.. so i am VERY happy with myself...

today i am going to canteloup it and banana it....

i have been having some wicked salt cravings... and i need to keep out of the house and busy LOL so we are going to the pool again.....we live at the pool lol....

but i am doing pretty well... i am really dealing with some food issues ( emotional/psychological) that i have never really been aware of before.. and that i have never had to try to solve, or deal, or work through.....

i think the question we all ask at least once is HOW does food have so much "control" over me and i NEVER realized it before?

HIGH FIVE TO EA>... detox is tough.... you are doing fine... please.... do not let anyone curtail your enthusiasm..... you are the ONLY one who regularly supports me on my diary blog and i would HATE to see you fall off because of a personal disagreement on this board...... so... breath.. relax...eat some more fruit and most of all, be forgiving! i love you gurl...

well, i'll check in later on my blg with my food list... just wanted to let all know tha ti am still in, evren though i m not posting my daily food as often... i am alr4eady doing it in my diary so i don't want to double post....

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 21, 2007 04:49PM

I think I'd like to echo Tiffany's sentiments about food.
I totally messed up yesterday. I had a 90% UNCOOKED day sad smiley But I did fortunately learn something about myself...that I'm still trying to grapple with...
So, Saturday, my 5th day raw, and I was feeling AMAZING!!! I had gone to work with so much energy, climbing stairs with a lot more energy, not getting so easily out of breath, etc.! And I was SO happy thinking: "whoa in only 5 days!!!"
And it reminds me of about 3 months ago when I tried to go raw with a friend, and I spent 2 weeks raw, and was ON TOP OF THE WORLD. My cravings were going away, I was so energetic, felt so light, etc.....
but, just as in Saturday, the day that I started feeling amazing, something made me return to behavior that is so counterproductive and self-destructive.

So...Saturday evening, some friends invite me over to a party. And I bring a bottle of raw wine...
after a bit, I am quite tipsy, i start to smoke cigarettes, etc. etc...
and I end up eating at Denny's...
in the morning, i feel, quite frankly, like @#$%&....
so i get up and eat a grilled cheese sandwich....

and so on and so forth....

It's quite interesting because my good friend who has tried to do the raw food diet told me that after a few days he starts to get depressed...and I kind of feel that way too....

it's almost like life isn't worth living if I can't have my cooked foods...
and there's something so sad aobut that....

and it just shows me how it really is an ADDICTION......

and i just need to learn to want the best for myself...

anyhow, I'm starting again today. I want the earth to be my teacher. I want to learn from the planet what it is that I need to do....

One of the main reasons I want to go raw, aside from the fact that my health is at its worst place, EVER...is that I want to place myself back into the flow of the universe....back into the flow of nature...
and that's something that eating cooked/processed foods denies us...

*sigh* I need everyone's support! I hope you all understand...

and I will report my food intake tonight...

take care, and many blessings..
Bob

Posted by: Monark ()
Date: May 21, 2007 05:03PM

Whew - 1 week of Raw - hooooray for us !!!!! smiling smiley smiling smiley

I ran up against some major detox yesterday - was too wiped out to post here - trying to remember what I had.....

bananas (of course smiling smiley )
2 salads : spinach, kale, sprouted black beans, corn, sunflower seeds, kimchee, pine nuts, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, black olives.
pulp crackers with zucchini hummus

Felt yucky most of the day - feeling much better today - but still not 100%

Here's to raw week #2 !!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 21, 2007 06:24PM

Sorry, Just wanted to note that on my last post about what I ate yesterday, I inadvertantly left out the olive oil and lemon juice on my salad. I want to make sure my journal is accurate!

Date: May 21, 2007 06:27PM

Hey tiffany thanks girl you are soo sweet!!!!! you are delightful and i love reading your diary and offering support!! keep up the good work hun!! you are doing amazing!!!hmm i wish i could live at the pool smiling smiley sounds lovely..swimming all day..then snacking on some wonderful fruit in the warm sun..oh the life smiling smiley
xoxoxoxoxo

Hey bob...don't worry about it a little cooked....now you are raw still right?? you just get back up and get to it...dont let that food get you down.....and you might get emotional after a few days into it because you don't just go through physical detox you go through emotional detox as well where you are forced to deal with your feelings and work them out...You are doing great!! keep up the good work and don't let the day get you down...
take care
xoxoxoxoxo

hello wonderfuls....well it is the start of our 2nd week...well well well..we all did fantastic!!!! congrats everyone for making the week wonderful and inspiring!! keep up the tremendous work and efforts!!! take care ....and i will post later this evening!!!

love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 21, 2007 06:29PM

I think the eight months or so that I allowed cooked meals one to three times a week was crucial in making raw something I can make permanent. Everyone is different. Some people are better at doing things cold turkey and some people need a slow process. I believe everyone has to find the way that will work for them. It is wild how addicted we are (as a society) to food and don't even know it. Even those of us that don't have an eating disorder, at least that we knew about smiling smiley. I think smoking and Dinney's is something you used to validate why you don't want that. The feeling you got the next day only helps you remember what those things do to your body. At first I tried to stay away from those situations. After about six months those situations got easier. Tril mix helped. While everyone was partying I set a big container of trail mix out and some people shared with me and I wasn't hungry when someone wanted to go out and eat. I still am tempted but it is easier to say no when you are not hungry. Another suggestion about cravings is one I got from Alissa Cohen's book. Don't tell yourself you don't want something because that particular something is continuing to stay in your mind. Instead say something like " I choose to eat nutritional food." For example if you see chocolate cake don't say" I don't want that cake."

One thing my daughter and I found funny about cravings is that sometimes we will kind of taste something and even sort of smell it before we actually realize what it is that we are craving.

I am getting a lot of cravings lately but I am just pushing them to the side. I feel great and I am choosing to focus on the positive aspects right now. If I still want those things six weeks from now I will have them. They are not forbidden.

Date: May 22, 2007 02:49AM

I'm so glad that you are all talking about cravings and cooked binges and dips in mood and all that. I expect that we will all be experiencing more of this as week 2 gets under way.

I've had moments of wanting something warm, solid and filling in a way that raw, no matter how good, ever really is. I've had to use a lot of self-talk to keep myself motivated and on track, and I think that my previous experiences with high raw and cooked has helped a lot, because I can remember how the cooked food stole my high and how much better I felt before eating it.

Today I felt somewhat disenchanted with the food, or maybe just food in general, and my mood, though not depressed exactly, is a bit subdued. I wanted to up the challenge a bit and maybe take the emphasis away from food some today, so I started the 5 Tibetans again (I let this lapse some time back and have been meaning to get started again) and went for a long walk. I tried, somewhat successfully, to eat more simply. Tonight, after posting here to my good raw pals, I'll dry brush, do a sweat bath and an enema...

...and before bed, I'll thank God for another day gone raw.

Today I had:

a dose of sublingual B complex - and had an intense niacin flush from hell!

about 6 cups of cantaloupe milk - made from blending the cantaloupe seeds in water, straining and then blending in a cup or so of the flesh

grazed on chunks of cantaloupe till 2:00

@ 3:00 I had a 2 banana and spinach smoothie

small apple and a handful of soaked almonds after my walk

for dinner I made the raw classic, "carrot soup with avocado" and seasoned it with garam masala, fresh ginger, and green onions - this has a delectable flavor, but its so rich! I'm not used to such rich food. Believe it or not, sometimes I just want something bland (which probably translates to cooked carbohydrate) and find that I'm craving this the most.

large romaine salad dressed with lemon, oil, and salt eaten with a few kalamata

smart monkey bar that pakd4fun gave me for dessert (thanks girl, these taste like real food instead of candy)

you guys all hang in,

khale

Date: May 22, 2007 03:11AM

Today--- Detox City. I've been 100% raw for about 2 weeks, about 90% raw a week or so prior to that, and prior to that....well, not so good.

Am I feeling it today, omg.

Not much appetite earlier. Had a BANANA and APRICOT early. Tried to eat a few bites of salad, couldn't. Late afternoon had a PAPAYA, and later, some WATERMELON. I have been in bed most of afternoon. Just made some ORANGE JUICE, which tastes very good. Was craving water and watery sweet fruits, but do not feel like eating much. Need rest and sleep.

I realise this is going to be a major part of this process of cleaning and gaining health and I need to forge ahead with strong dedication! I feel awful physically and emotionally, feel a thorough weakness and....oh, I'll spare you the details!

8:00 and I'm getting back to bed! That's my food and progress report! Onward!
Persevere! I like that word. A definition I once read -in a dictionary- "to put forth effort in a state of grace".

Elakti

Date: May 22, 2007 03:11AM

Hello friends,
Today I ate:

papaya/strawberry/banana/romaine smoothie with spirulina and chlorella

mock tuna romaine lettuce wraps
small piece of onion bread (recipe on goneraw.com) with zucchini hummus and 1/2 of avocado

papaya/avocado/romaine wraps - so incredibly delicious and refreshing - chunks of the fruits on the lettuce and munch!

a little bit of mango

I'm focusing on really loving my body these days and holding gratitude in my heart for my health and abilities. I want to continue honoring my body and deepening my connection with myself. It's easier to be hard on myself than gentle most of the time. I too have major food issues and addictions all wrapped up with a tidy little emotional bow. Eating raw foods is turning out to be the most incredible and difficult learning experience and JOURNEY TO SELF I think I have ever had!

In love and light,
Shawna

Posted by: meow ()
Date: May 22, 2007 03:49AM

i can't believe how fast this whole week has gone by. it's been really easy for me to stay raw. i haven't even had cravings for cooked. i've craved lara bars, but other than that i have also been craving raw fruits like mangoes, strawberries, bananas & apples like mad, so that's good. i'm feeling satisfied on less foods lately, and i get full much faster than i used to. i also haven't wanted a bigger meal at night (dinner) and don't like feeling as full as my usual salad leaves me. i think if i could either skip my post-work snack of carrots & raw hummus, or eat my usual salad earlier, this would be ok, but i usually work out after work and need a bit of a boost. we'll see what happens tomorrow i guess. here is today:

-banana
-another banana
-fruit salad w/ a mango, strawberries & raspberries
-went out to lunch w/ coworkers- they were going to souplantation (has a good salad bar) just for me, so i had to go! hehe. i got a salad with romaine, spinach, carrots, zucchini, radish slices, broccoli, cauliflower, green peppers, onions, lemon juice & a dab of olive oil for dressing. now i'm a little worried b/c i don't know for sure that the olive oil was cold-pressed. but i guess that's life, i haven't gone out to eat for about 3 months (!!) so what can you do?
-banana & apple later in the afternoon
-carrots w/ raw zucchini hummus
-walked for a little over an hour- lots of hills
-nectarine, then shortly after, a tomato (soooo good!)
-will have an apple shortly

i'm feeling good about today, it was pretty low-fat for me and the fruit all day was really good, i looooove fruit so much! going to bed early tonight, feeling detoxy.

oh, i just want to say to Bob, it's ok, pick yourself up and move on! two steps forward, one step back- you are still transitioning, and this doesn't mean you have failed. you will get past the phase where you want cooked foods. and remember, it doesn't mean you can't ever have them again. but the longer you are raw, the less and less you'll actually want them.

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: May 22, 2007 04:23AM

112.5 lbs (I think cuase i ate at night last night)
I ate sooo much today and really don't mind. It was just one of those days. But hey i stayed all raw and had not one cooked food craving so that's good right?
Fruit salad with all the fruit I've been having this weekend
two sun seed "taco's" w/salsa, guac, and cashew sour cream
1 16 oz watermelon juice
1 karma raw cookie with a little raw nutella
2 carrots and a few flax seed crackers dipped in raw sour cream
OH my god and i got my spiralizer and i'm in love i had the best zugghetti ever. You were so right sach. so 2 plates of that
I'm rpetty sure that's all.
Thanks to everyone. I couldn't do this without you all.
You all are inspiriing.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 22, 2007 06:02AM

hi everyone....well here is what i ate today!! good job everyone you are all doing amazing!!! keep up the awesomeness!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

today i ate
a salad with few shreds of carrots, 2 slices of tomatoes no dressings
2 frozen bananas into ice cream
like 5 bites of zuchhinghetti
(really wanted jamba juice but didn't make it d/t tire incident haha..)
i have felt really bloated and gross the past few days so that i don't want to eat much.

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 22, 2007 08:00AM

I love this thread because it's kind of like the social thing of eating together, even though we're in different places. I think this is one reason why I wanted to join the forum in the first place. That and of course for emotional support to stay raw!

I'm glad everyone is so committed, in spite of detox, cravings, etc., and that we're all being tolerant of each others' food choices, and especially that we're being tolerant towards ourselves! I really admire everyone here for being so positive and so honest about our ups and downs.

I've been wanting to replace my morning avocado with coconut or macadamia nuts occasionally, and today I had a coconut. It was like something you eat and just go "aaaahhhhh".

We're in Hawaii, but there aren't usually very many coconuts at our elevation (about 900 ft.). We have several trees, but they're just starting to have coconuts, and so far most of them haven't been that great.

The one I ate today though was really good, not exactly spoon meat, but not too dry either.

Today I had: bananas, oranges, surinam cherries, ice cream beans, a small coconut, 1/4 cup sprouted brown sesame seeds (measured dry), 1/4 cup sprouted hulled sunflower seeds (measured dry), and 2 pink hybiscus flowers.

If you're wondering what an ice cream bean is, it's a long fat bean pod that grows on a huge tree. You peel off the outside and inside there's a white fruit loosely covering the seeds (you don't eat the seeds). The fruit looks and tastes pretty much just like cotton candy, except a little juicier.

Exercise: ran 3 miles, walked 1 mile, 50 minutes aerobics with weights.

I feel good, except I really haven't been getting enough sleep. I need to be more like Elakti!

Date: May 22, 2007 01:13PM

Persevere - "to put forth effort in a state of grace"

I love that Elakti; I think that should be our motto for the week.

Some of us are going to be experiencing more detox symptoms this week - some feelings of tiredness, lack of hunger or cravings, body aches, skin eruptions, strange moods and so on...

I want to encourage everyone to take time for yourself this week and engage in any little rituals of cleansing or beauty that make you feel good. We may all need to pay extra attention to our elimination (and don't forget the skin as the biggest elimination organ of the body) and circulation. Most of us are exercising which helps with both, but some hydrotherapy can also be a big help with detox symptoms. And don't neglect to get as much rest as you can.

Bob - I'm so glad that you are hanging in with us. This is a learning process and so all experiences are grist for the mill. I'm sure that you learned a lot at Denny's ; )

Earthangel - Can you please assist Miss Joan in finding her way to us?

have a rawkin day my friends,

khale

Date: May 22, 2007 01:27PM

Yesterday I ate:

-tea
-spinach and banana smoothie
-apricot
-tea
-walnut, raisin and corn by the spoonful
-spanish scramble (an almond pate with some vegetables)
-too many olives
-detox tea

I had way too much fat yesterday and felt bad last night. Now it is coming out in my bowel movements...yuck. I had a dull headache last night. I have two extra kids today (making it five) and we're going to the museum so I need to keep my diet light and simple. I think I will stick to fruit and greens.

I am energetic even when I feel bad when I am raw.

Date: May 22, 2007 03:09PM

Good Morning! I'm taking extra post here to say I feel WONDERFUL! Went to sleep at 9:00, slept 9.5 hours, woke up so so renewed, had massive elimination smiling smiley. No wonder I felt so bad yesterday....my body was throwing off 2 pounds! Yesterday, my tongue looked like a fasting tongue, very coated. Today, clear. Skin is smoother. I feel and look like I've lost 5 lbs of junk.
Now weight is 176...down 10!

I am even more convinced that in this switchover to raw, sleep is VITAL!!!!
VITAL. Neon lights, drum roll, arrows, bells! Sleep is FRUITFUL, heh heh.

Our challenge should be 100% raw and 100% committed to allowing our body as much sleep as we can spare from the evening.

Onward to week 2 of our challenge(S)!!!!
Elakti

Breakfast: Delicious delicious Galia Melon (I could only eat 1/2, will eat the rest probably at bus stop or transfer point)

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 22, 2007 03:25PM

so... here we are day 13 for me! woohoo...

yesterday i HAD to have some potatoes... so i broiled some and sprayed on some EVOO and some spices.... i know.. cooked... but at least i didn't eat bit of my husands nasty triple beef patty from wendy's.. argh...

my weight, even with the cheats, has not been climbinb or dropping drastically... i lost 12 pounds right off the bat... now i'm handing the psychological aspects of why i eat and what i eat...

ok... i finally realize that i have not had real cravings for a food i NEED or am addicted to except salt...but when i do eat non-raw.. it is ALWAYS based on a feeling i am having.. like boredom.. or a situation like "the food is there"...

If i even have a cooked option around the last few days, i eat it.. lol... it all started with a box of choclates my hsuband gave me for mothers day.... i ate one and it made me vulnerable....

i still have that analogy (if you are on a trip from NY to Cali and fall off half way are you all the way back in NY?) that is keeping me strong... and i have not been feeling guilty or disappointed in myself at all... but i am very concerned for my behavior eating..... why do i use food as a "filler" of my time... now if i were walking in the jungle and stumbled upon a fruit tree or berry bush you can BET your money that i would eat off of them... and i wouldn't be feeling bad about happenstance eating... but when im' at home on my hospital bed... it bothers me... grazing i call it....

i am going to copy most of this post and put it in my diary page.... i will write more there.. i just wanted to share what is going on with me psychologically...

food yesterday... 1 giant canteloupe, 6 bananas, 3 dates, handful of goji berries, 2 potatoes cut and broiled with EVOO and spices, oh yeah and a slice of nasty wheat bread (OMG did it create mucus in me)

i had never noticed that before, but i now know what foods trigger major mucus production in me.. i am excited to know this vital information as before i was never raw enough to notice....see you all tonight...

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Date: May 22, 2007 11:17PM

Here's what I ate today:

about 1/2 of a pineapple

1/2 cantaloupe blended with a handful of cilantro and water (refreshing!)

banana/pinenut/tahini/carob ice cream

green salad - romaine, tomato, avocado, caper, red onion, black pepper, olive oil, lemon juice

Nutloaf with living catsup - this recipe comes from the kitchen of Hippocrates Health Institute. It's pretty amazing. I'm happy to share the recipe if anyone is interested.

Feeling great besides being oh so very tired. One thing that is a huge challenge for me is getting enough sleep. I stay up way too late and resist going to sleep. I need to work on this.

In Raw and Peace,
Shawna

Date: May 23, 2007 01:28AM

My appetite was different today; not as intense as it has been. I ate much less today than usual, but felt really good all day with lots of good energy.

I had:

a delicious smoothie for breakfast: 1 banana, 1.5 cups of pineapple, and three kiwis with 2tsp. of green superfood powder

2 digestive enzymes

then at around 1:00 I had some cantaloupe chunks

at 3:00 I had 3 collard roll-ups with a quarter cup of nut pate'

while at the grocery I had a multigreen kombucha

and then for dinner: sunflower seed tabouli (I loved! this!) served over a bed of chopped romaine and 1 perfect, homegrown tomato that Pakd4fun's mother-in-law grew in her garden, garnished with 8 kalamata olives - delicious

small apple with 1 tblsp. of cashew butter for dessert

I'm full as a tick as we country folk say...

sleep tight everyone,

khale

Current Page: 6 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables