Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Update on Dr. Clement
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 05, 2008 11:16PM

For those that are following this particular thread, I have made an appointment to meet with Dr. Clement in West Palm for blood tests on Tuesday March 8th, and to hear him lecture (if I'm still conscious after the tests!) LOL. Anyway, I will certainly post updates. I'm sure it'll be fun.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Update on Dr. Clement
Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 05, 2008 11:18PM

oh goodie! i can't wait! DZM, you're the coolest.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 05, 2008 11:24PM

Way to go david! Have a great time.! Dont try to fudge the test results with green drinks! LOL

elnatural

Posted by: khale ()
Date: March 05, 2008 11:29PM

I raise my glass of banana-fresh mint smoothie to ya bud!

Can't wait to hear the results!

khale

Date: March 05, 2008 11:37PM

Ha! ha! Yes. Should be a hoot. Anyway...here's the link to one of the tests they would like to run. It seems to be quite expensive:

[www.spectracell.com]

-David Z.

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Witarianin ()
Date: March 05, 2008 11:43PM

Go David , Go David... :-))

Free, Open source.Healthysmiling smiley
F.E.A.R. is
an acronym that stands for, False Evidence Appearing Real
F.A.I.T.H. - the First Attribute IN Thoughtful
Health

Date: March 05, 2008 11:49PM

oh, i am SO excited to hear about your results. you are such a clam and peaceful person who seems so in touch and in tune with your own being. i will not be surprised in the least to hear that you are utterly, perfectly healthy.
this is exciting!

Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 05, 2008 11:58PM

Who needs television with this kind of drama?! LOL

Go out there and show him the fruit of your labors, David!

How long do you get to stay? Is he putting you up in a nice hotel? Will you be able to squeeze a day or two of vacationing into all this? Are we there yet? Did you buy me anything? Oops... sorry. Flashbacks to childhood....

Posted by: Elayne ()
Date: March 06, 2008 12:00AM

wow David..

that is quite a list of tests. I can hardly wait to start having you post your results!

I am also excited you were willing to step forward and take on Dr. Clements Challenge

Waiting....... and waiting some more......

Custom aka Elayne

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 06, 2008 12:07AM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i will not be surprised in the least to hear that
> you are utterly, perfectly healthy. this is exciting!

frankly, i would interpret any results to the contrary as being a fault of the test!

Date: March 06, 2008 12:32AM

Yes. All very fun. The REALLY interesting part (of course) is that if I was living a life of TRUE PASSION...and pursuing my dreams (as I am)...and terrible happy (as I am) then would it make a difference if they came back and told me I had out of whack blood....or neon blood....or no blood?! LOL. Wouldn't matter in the slightest. Am I going to stop doing what I determine my dreams need? At any given moment we have the choice of basic friendliness and love. For sure.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Witarianin ()
Date: March 06, 2008 01:35AM

:-)

Peace and Love My friend. To All, Each and Everyone.

Oh, and the answer is Kind. Every time.Anytime. :-)

I Think We All as well as Brian , Need MORE Love.. Especially Him.. ;-).. to start helping each other not to push our own interests.

I'd like for You to Give a Men personally Big, Raw, Ripe, basket of fruit of our happiness and peace from all of us in here. Even if He'll eat only 5%, or 10 % of those fruits, those around him will Get the rest.. ;-)

Free, Open source.Healthysmiling smiley
F.E.A.R. is
an acronym that stands for, False Evidence Appearing Real
F.A.I.T.H. - the First Attribute IN Thoughtful
Health

Date: March 06, 2008 01:57AM

oh, i called you a clam. i meant to say calm.

*lol*

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 06, 2008 02:31AM

Great David!! I feel like a big part of why you're doing this is to help others. Thank you!

I feel like we should all sing "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow" while holding up mugs of fruit smoothies.

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: March 06, 2008 03:22AM

This is great! You are the perfect person for this, especially because you are so clear about yourself and what you want, the results won't derail you no matter what. Worst case, you have alien blood and go on living your life. Best case, your diet inspires confidence in others who have been held back by the anti-fruit talk. The alien thing would be kind of cool, though

Date: March 06, 2008 03:45AM

Heh..heh. Yeah. It would be neat if they found like....orange juice or something. Modern nutrition is so weird. What IF b-12 was something you found only in a body that was 'maladjusted' to eat meat? And if it wasn't present...a meat-eater would suffer greatly? Do you follow? What if the whole idea of 'nutrition' was just to plug up holes caused by an unhealthy lifestyle...eating...and stress? What if those unhealthy foods...stress...and thoughts.....did not exist in the face of a life lived in loving? Would the same need for 'nutrition' exist?

-Just some thoughts (mostly rhetorical...as I kinda think I know the answer! Ha! ha!).

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2008 03:52AM by davidzanemason.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 06, 2008 03:51AM

Rather than fruit of your labors, I'd show them the labors of your fruit. >8)

This will be interesting for all of us! Thanks so much for sharing!

Date: March 06, 2008 03:55AM

Good idea. If they found orange juice, would a rebel faction of fruitarians become vampires, seeking out the fruit-eating elite?

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: March 06, 2008 04:08AM

davidzanemason Wrote:
> ....I have made an appointment to meet with
> Dr. Clement in West Palm for blood tests on
> Tuesday March 8th, and to hear him lecture....

Surely you meant April 8th? That should
be interesting. I think Brian Clement took over the old
Ann Wigmore 'Hippocrates Center' in Florida. They do good
work with Wheatgrass and Fasting.....WY

Date: March 06, 2008 04:15AM

Sorry...I meant this Tuesday at 8:00 am. Yes....early I know. I'll have to get up at 5:00 am to get over there at a decent hour. Me and early mornings know each other...but we don't talk much. We just look at each other and nod. winking smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: cy ()
Date: March 06, 2008 04:58AM

You might not have any white blood cells,because of the raw food.
Please,tell us the results.

Posted by: ss ()
Date: March 06, 2008 08:08AM

Hi David,

I respect your decision but I think you are falling for the gimmick of taking blood test to prove whatever Brian Clements wants you to prove.

If you want to take a blood test you should do it on your own and then show your result to him if you want.

But if you decide to go there for a blood test , then you should also ask him to take one to show his numbers.

Posted by: activeinternet ()
Date: March 06, 2008 10:50AM

ss Wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I respect your decision but I think you are
> falling for the gimmick of taking blood test to
> prove whatever Brian Clements wants you to prove.
>

There is no gimmick here. If Daivd's numbers come out great, Brian will tell him to keep doing exactly what he is doing. He is only looking to promote the truth and health education for everyone. This will be perfectly clear to David when he meets Brian. He has no hidden agenda and is one of the most sincere people you could ever meet. I'm sure David will make this assessment and will report here.

The actual analysis will be performed at a lab in Texas www.spectracell.com . This company is the only lab in the world that does this particular test.

Also for the naysayers out there, that will say one blood test does not prove anything, this test is different. It looks at long term nutrient levels, and is not impacted by short-term dietary intake.

I also have a 15 minute video response frmom Brian Clement regarding comments made by Dr. G from the other post. It will be up later today. I will post here and on the other thread as well.

Excerpts from SpectraCell on the test..

Q: How do the FIAâ„¢ tests work?
A: Blood is collected (no fasting is required) and sent to our laboratory. Lymphocyte cells are isolated and grown in a series of patented culture media. The cells are stimulated to grow in the control media containing optimal amounts of specific micronutrients. As each micronutrient is removed from the media, the cells must use their own internal mechanisms (reserves or metabolic processes) to grow. If cells grow optimally, they are functioning adequately and thus are not deficient. If cells do not grow optimally, then a deficiency is indicated. For example, when B12 is removed from the media and cell growth is not sufficient, this indicates that the lymphocyte cells have a functional intracellular deficiency of B12.

Q: Is FIAâ„¢ different from other tests?

A: SpectraCell’s FIA™ tests are more clinically useful than standard serum tests. Standard tests only measure static quantities of vitamins and minerals present in serum, primarily reflecting dietary intake. But, with our patented technology, we assess long-term intracellular requirements using each patient’s lymphocytes. Under a variety of nutrient depletion conditions, we measure the growth response of these cells to mitogenic stimulation. This determines functional intracellular deficiencies, which might not be detected by standard serum tests, and provides a powerful clinical assessment tool.

Date: March 06, 2008 12:32PM

I hear you SS...and I agree with Activeinternet. If it proves that I'm totally out of whack....and THAT makes it easier for Dr. Clement to help people - that's cool. Its not going to affect my pursuits - you know? So it's all good. If shows that I am healthy, that's good for me...and shouldn't affect Dr. Clement's mission one way or another. It's sort of a win/win...and should be fun.

-In the end, people don't change because of logical arguments....but rather by observing the love, grace, health, and ability to GIVE of the individual. Isn't that why you get a street named after you? Ha! ha!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: March 06, 2008 02:19PM

I don't know why anyone would need a Blood Test to find out if they're Healthy. Don't you know it or not?.......WY

Date: March 06, 2008 02:54PM

Sometimes there are things that are starting to happen, but no obvious symptoms yet. Sure, I might feel tired sometimes, but is it vitamin D deficiency (I live too far north to get sun in the winter), or do I just need to sleep more tonight? Blood tests might be a helpful adjunct sometimes to how you feel, depending on the particular test. I agree that they are limited, though.

Posted by: brenna ()
Date: March 06, 2008 04:04PM

Hey Dave, when will you have the blood test results?

Date: March 06, 2008 04:12PM

Hmmm...he said it would take a bit...perhaps 4-6 weeks. It's all good. Chances are I'll still be here! smiling smiley I will, of course, share any results freely. Lord knows my family would like to find out if I have guacamole for blood or something....heh...heh.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: March 06, 2008 04:25PM

DZM

The tests should prove interesting, if for no other reason than that we here on the forum have not previously had access to this type of data from a long-term raw foodist..

All of the arguments & points of view previously expressed in this thread fail to recognize one essential point..

There have been no long term scientific studies done on humans to determine the exact effects of a raw plant-based diet versus a cooked plant-based diet versus a cooked plant & animal-based diet..

The only way, other than our obvious improvements in health, that raw foodists will be able to convince the general public of the advantages of a plant-based diet, will be these types of long-term scientific studies..

Until several hundred (preferably several thousand) raw foodists of both sexes, young to old, short & long-term raw, living in diverse climates, working in jobs, (or going to school), with widely varying stress levels, eating widely varying raw diets, & getting widely varying amounts of exercise are studied for at least a year (if not multiple years) we can have this debate on our health until we are sickened of it; without the rest of the world being willing to even consider that raw is a healthier way to live..

Apocryphal or word-of-mouth information regarding the benefits & health improvements of a raw plant-based diet will not be able to change the minds of most of the general public..

Humans have spent approximately the last one hundred thousand years taming fire & transitioning from family-based plant gatherers to clan-based plant & animal hunter-gatherers to city-dwelling consumers of meat, starches, fats, & sugars..With raw fruits & vegetables playing an increasingly smaller & smaller role in our diets as each succeeding century passes by..

For thousands of years, and still today in much of the world, being able to provide one's family with cooked meat on a daily basis has been the benchmark of wealth & success..

Without scientific evidence to prove conclusively that a raw plant-based diet is truly optimal for human health, raw foodists will not be able to change the world..Whether or not we wish to admit it to ourselves or not, it is my belief the we truly want to change the world..Regardless of how short or how long of a time each of us has been raw; deep down in our core being all raw foodists want the rest of the world to experience the joy & health that raw can bring to one's life..

I realize that Dr. Clements feels that raw foodist are deficient in the nutrients that we carry in our blood..Perhaps if enough of us took his tests the evidence might start to prove otherwise..

Mr. Mason, I applaud you for being willing to take the tests..The results will definitely be interesting..

Bruce

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2008 04:28PM by baltochef.

Posted by: activeinternet ()
Date: March 06, 2008 04:58PM

baltochef Wrote:

> I realize that Dr. Clements feels that raw foodist
> are deficient in the nutrients that we carry in
> our blood..Perhaps if enough of us took his tests
> the evidence might start to prove otherwise..

Bruce,
His point is that every diet is lacking in nutrients. Not just raw foodists. He is a proponent of raw food and believes it is the most healthy way to eat. He has been on raw food for decades. His belief is that diets other than raw food would be even more lacking in nurtients.

THis debate was about the negative impact of too much fruit.

>
> Mr. Mason, I applaud you for being willing to take
> the tests..The results will definitely be
> interesting..
>
> Bruce

Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables