Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Update on Dr. Clement
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 07, 2008 11:04AM

LOL. There is no camp...ha! ha! MOST people eat a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables....including lots of leafy greens...and some fruits. Some people...due to their particular needs.....will move more towards one side or the other. Its' all about personal GOALS...and the tools to get you there. But there is no ONE right way (in my opinion) for everyone....so there is no 'battle' ha! ha! Maybe an overnight 'camp'......with a campfire....a cozy sleeping bag......

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: April 07, 2008 12:11PM

THAT'S the camp I am in!! smiling smiley

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: April 07, 2008 05:11PM

yep, i'd go camping with all the fruit eaters and the veggie eaters too!

people on this forum may eat differently than each other, and harbor beliefs that one way is superior to the other, but i don't think any of us has forgotten that we have much more in common than the petty differences over exactly which raw foods are optimal. its okay to talk about it, though. its useful, in fact.

my outlook is, as a 9 month raw foodist, i finally know what its like to thrive on the food that i eat, and my wish is for everyone to experience that. so i say as long as you are thriving on your diet, WHATEVER that looks like, more power to you!

Date: April 09, 2008 05:05PM

activeinternet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi David,
> Brian has been in Europe for the past few weeks
> and got back. He mentioned to me Friday that the
> results were in. I have not seen the results and
> they wont be disclosed until they are discussed
> with you. I'll be in touch with you early this
> week. It was great meeting with you.

what's the dealie-yo? we're waiting with baited breath to see if our beloved DZM is going to keel over from his all-fruit-eating-ways ... smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 09, 2008 05:35PM

i know, i check this site at least twice a day waiting for just this. i have a friend who's gone mostly fruitarian recently who is also very very curious to see those results. she's feeling terrific and anticipates that what she's doing is amazing for her health but is getting a LOT of flak from friends and family. it would be good if she had somewhere to direct them to read positive results of her kind of diet. i don't give a crap what people think of my decisions, i'm simply curious and excited to see the results, but it's getting to her and i'm sure this will ease her mind a bit.

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: April 09, 2008 06:18PM

I wonder, will the results sway anyone in their current direction though??

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: April 09, 2008 06:29PM

I was wondering the same thing, Tanawana. I'm cutting back on fats and increasing fruits this year (my goal for the year), and I'm wondering if the results will cause me to rethink my goal, or not.

Part of me wonders if the "standards" for what we are "supposed" to show if we are truly healthy are even remotely accurate, though. What if the results show deficiencies, yet they are truly the results of an extremely healthy human body? Who's to know?

Anyway, I'm waiting and checking back multiple times a day to see if the results are posted, yet, too!

Lots of love to all of you,

Wendi
XOXOXO

Date: April 09, 2008 06:39PM

Ha! ha! The discussion is great. It seems I only get 'flak' from the people who are doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for their own health....so I take it with a grain of....uhh....avocado.

-I am quite practical...and yet my thinking is that we pursue our passions....and use what we have determined to be the neccessary tools/fuel to get us there. It is my opinion that whether we achieve our goals is a function of the quality and frequency of our PROCESS of setting conscious goals and keeping them....and has less to do with the mechanical circumstances or results of those goals. Do you follow? Thus we can increase our PROCESS even in the face of 'adversity'. This is TRUE focus.

-So would it sway me to do something else if I found out my blood was entirely composed of guacamole and my brain was a cauliflower? Not really.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: April 09, 2008 06:46PM

Who's givin' ya flak?? Sounds like your doing great regardless. :O)

The results interest me though to a degree, but I for one will continue as I am, which is very similar actually. I know what works for me at this time in my life and will continue. But, I just hope others won't be easily swayed one way or the other by the results of just one instance, positive or not.

Date: April 09, 2008 07:05PM

I just tried to pm you DZM but your box is full! Will try back

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: April 09, 2008 07:08PM

> -So would it sway me to do something else if I
> found out my blood was entirely composed of
> guacamole and my brain was a cauliflower? Not
> really.

I would have to turn to cannibalism if that were the case. Sounds pretty delicious!

Date: April 09, 2008 07:08PM

VF: Just e-mail me at davidzanemason@hotmail.com. It's all good.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: April 09, 2008 11:24PM

rost0037 Wrote:
> I would have to turn to cannibalism if that were
> the case. Sounds pretty delicious!

might i remind you, this is a VEGAN forum. smiling smiley

Date: April 09, 2008 11:46PM

Yes. Exactly. Let's keep it civil! It was only rhetorical I assure you!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: April 10, 2008 12:32AM

OMG- What an amazing and long and intense thread.

i've been out....
(she's over nine lbs now, and her name is Sabbath)
but gracious- this is better than TV.

i'm curious, not convinced and all-together enthralled.

will check in-
David- you're awesome. sometime when i'm in orlando, i'm stopping by. (and my sister would be thrilled to see me.)

peace-

Date: April 10, 2008 04:18PM

Update:

Rich checked on the results of the blood tests and indicated that they were sent for standard analysis rather than the Spectracell test that they intended to run. This is unfortunate...but I realize these things happen. In any event, I've asked if they can shoot me WHATEVER results were obtained....and I'll post those.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: April 10, 2008 04:38PM

Wonder why just a standard over the Spectracell?? Hmmmm, I'd be wondering why after this long wait :O)

Date: April 10, 2008 05:05PM

WHAT?!?!?! after all that huffing and puffing, the big "i challenge you to find a me a healthy fruitarian", the YouTube stuff... if this were truly an unfortunate mishap, dr. c should be falling all over himself apologizing (in person, not through rich) and offering to come to your house to retest you at your convenience.

honestly, that is so lame. can you say NO CREDIBILITY?

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: April 10, 2008 06:15PM

Oh, no!! I'm sure he'll want to set it right and perform the test again the correct way. I was really looking forward to the results. :-/

Lots of love to you,

Wendi
XOXOXO

Date: April 10, 2008 08:01PM

Yeah...he wants (and I'll see if I can facilitate) getting re-tested...or re-visiting Hippocrates (which is an awesome place). It's just a matter of making the time....you know. Eating a fresh apple - I'll make time for. Seeing Rich - I'll make time for. Getting stuck with a needle and having blood sucked out - is less of an incentive! Ha! ha!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 10, 2008 08:09PM

shoot. that is such a bummer, i'm tres disappointed. that's what happens when you are dealing with a lab sometimes though. i've had test results go missing, done wrong, screwed up before and it's sucks. oh well, better done right than half-assed eh? hope it happens in future, i'm still really curious.
thanks for all the effort D, have a sunny day my friend!

Date: April 11, 2008 01:39AM

If and when you do go DZM, let me know!!! I won't interfere with the testing, but would love to meet you both up there. Bummer that you have to do it again though

Date: April 11, 2008 02:46PM

davidzanemason Wrote:
> Update:
>
> Rich checked on the results of the blood tests and
> indicated that they were sent for standard
> analysis rather than the Spectracell test that
> they intended to run. This is unfortunate...but I
> realize these things happen. In any event, I've
> asked if they can shoot me WHATEVER results were
> obtained....and I'll post those.
>
> -David Z. Mason

Hey man, just checked out this thread, as far as I'm concerned even though the tests were messed up your still happy and have a high sense of well being right!?

Seems pretty pointless to of done it in the first place, they can come back and say what ever they want and you'd be no wiser, it would have made more sense to have the tests done somewhere neutral but that's just my belated opinion. I've had blood tests done a few times over the years and they have always been good but then I'd have no reason to think other wise.

Anyway just wanted to say a big "good for you" and regardless of the results I'm sure you'll do what's best for you!

F1

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 11, 2008 02:56PM

Or the results were so incredibly superhuman they had to be destroyed. >8)

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: April 11, 2008 03:47PM

Why are not more fruitarian volunteering, the test results will be more convincing than anything else.

Date: April 11, 2008 04:59PM

madinah Wrote:
> Why are not more fruitarian volunteering, the test
> results will be more convincing than anything
> else.

Coz there's more to life than proving to science that what they are doing works, if your happy and thriving...who cares!!!...that's just my take on it....I've had blood/health tests done and they have come out perfectly normal but nobody patted me on the back or sang the praises of the Fruitarian lifestyle!....ha,ha

Also it's kinda like when you take your car to the mechanics, you can bet your life that they are gonna find something wrong with it but it doesn't mean that your a bad driver...it's the same with your body, just because they may find something wrong in a blood test doesn't mean it's down to the Fruitarian/Raw diet after all we weren't always Fruitarians/Raw Vegans, alot more goes into your health and wellbeing than what you eat, your atitude and spiritual state have more to do with your health in my opinion.

Anyway I don't think it should be directed at just Fruitarians, I think it should be about the raw vegan community as a whole if anything as raw vegans eat fruits, etc too.

Just my ten cents

F1

Date: April 11, 2008 05:04PM

The Fruitarian One Wrote:
> Also it's kinda like when you take your car to the
> mechanics, you can bet your life that they are
> gonna find something wrong with it but it doesn't
> mean that your a bad driver...it's the same with
> your body, just because they may find something
> wrong in a blood test doesn't mean it's down to
> the Fruitarian/Raw diet after all we weren't
> always Fruitarians/Raw Vegans, alot more goes into
> your health and wellbeing than what you eat, your
> atitude and spiritual state have more to do with
> your health in my opinion.
>
> F1

Very well put, I agree :O)

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: April 11, 2008 05:09PM

The fruitarian diet is unique, it is not common in nature, there is litte we know about, it is very appealing and we want to know more, fuitarians are telling us how there health has improved, the muscles they have built with fruits and exercise alone. Now come a deep scientific test to look at those assertions at the blood level and yet only one single person has volunteered.
It is not enough to look at the muscle, we will all gain more by looking at what is happening at the blood level and in the long run.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2008 05:10PM by madinah.

Date: April 11, 2008 07:44PM

madinah Wrote:
> The fruitarian diet is unique, it is not common in
> nature, there is litte we know about, it is very
> appealing and we want to know more, fuitarians are
> telling us how there health has improved, the
> muscles they have built with fruits and exercise
> alone. Now come a deep scientific test to look at
> those assertions at the blood level and yet only
> one single person has volunteered.
> It is not enough to look at the muscle, we will
> all gain more by looking at what is happening at
> the blood level and in the long run.

Fruitarianism is not unique and is pretty common in nature at various levels, there's a bunch of animals out there that eat fruits to varying degrees, infact I think the word Fruitarianism is much hyped in the raw community and diferent people have diferent interpretations of what these labels mean, it's simply eating fruits, raw vegans eat fruits also, I personaly believe that a strict raw vegan and a strict fruitarian are pretty much the same, just use diferent labels, raw food is raw food and everybody is different.

Either way you take care and be good!

Richard

Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: April 11, 2008 08:33PM

I think that what the Hippocrates Institute does is fantastic for people, however Brian Clement has a less-than-perfect reputation for honesty and integrity. This makes it difficult for me to presume innocence on the blood test mistake. It could very well be an innocent mistake, however I won't presume it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2008 08:41PM by learningtofly.

Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables