Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Life as I want it.
Posted by: thinkingraw ()
Date: April 22, 2007 11:07PM

oh wow. you make LA sound so amazing. i'm on the east coast in mid-sized city that doesn't really seem to have that much to offer for raw restaurants or organic produce...i'm thinking about possibly going to grad school in california though...so hearing about it makes me excited smiling smiley

noff, i hope you are having a great day smiling smiley and that you're feeling raw and renewed!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 22, 2007 11:55PM

hey noff how are you today??? i see you posted on some journals but never on your own haha...tell us how you are doing!!! i am sure it is great because i feel that you have a lot of strength in you and can really do it when you want to!!! so keep up the good work hun and talk to you soon!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: noff ()
Date: April 23, 2007 05:55PM

yeah well sometimes I don't have anything worth posting i guess, so I'll sign on to check in with others and then zip off somewher forgetting to update you on me. Oh well, let's see..so today I woke up, did yoga, had green/red grapes...chopped up a mongo and strawberries for later...am now debating whether to drive, take the bus or ride my bike to school. uh buh...yeah that's my day.

haha earthangel thanks for the encouragement. I love how you're convinced I'm so strong willed, I am! haha You saying it makes me own up to it more. xoxox toots!

yesterday was a staff meeting at my work since we have new owners and I took a survey for what ice creams are most popular since we rotate flavors. hm..hha I wrote my answer in for each question since I didn't like any of the options. #1-what's your favorite flavor? Me-homemade banana/strawberry sorbet. Raw icecream. I'm sure that's gonna baffle them a bit. Oh well. They were really pushing the fact that they know the employees eat the food and that in doing so we are only hurting ourselves since we will be punished. haha everyone I work with is a college student to of course everyone eats the food there. hhaha I'm probably the only one that doesn't eat anything there..well excpt strawberries some days but they said that anyone can munch on them. hm...work, yay. I'm only there for a month more then I'm gonna find some fabulous raw place up where I live in Marin. Cafe gratitude opened up real close to me, and then there's lydia's lovin foods that would be awesome to work at. I went there with my family years ago and ordered a burger not knowing what raw was, hha was like...uh wtf is this? It doesn't taste like a burger at all! haha Now I'd die to work at a place like that. hah funny how one can change so drastically. So there was a post, I did it. muahhaha I'm out.

Date: April 24, 2007 04:00AM

hey hun...awesome day!! congrats..of course i have so much faith in you cuz i know you can do this!!! you are doing so awesome and it seems like you don't have many struggles right now which is great....good luck ont he job search back home that is cool hopefully you will get one somewhere raw!! taht would be awesome huh???
i bet your bosses will be stunned like what?? haha oh well.....at least you won't get in trouble for eating the food smiling smiley
take care hun and keep up the awesome work!!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 24, 2007 06:30AM

I'm back from work..what a day. I only did yoga and yet I'm exhausted...'meh' descrbes my mood pretty well. ha. Add a 'yip' to that for good measure.
My friend at work asked what I ate, so I said mainly fruits and veggies, some seeds, nuts. So then for about 10 mintutes it went like this..."so does that mean you can't eat a bagel? ...cereal?....spaghetti? haha it's such an abstract concept for some, well, actually most people. One day we shall rule the world! haha. I hope to don't lose my ability to relate to SAD eaters...I never want to be an elitist...
I'm thinking about making a 'vegan' shirt. I saw a guy at school wearing a shirt that said 'vegetarian' on his shirt so I've decided I have to represent us vegans too! ooOOOoo I could step it up and make a raw shirt, that would be stylish. It'll be my new favorite shirt! haha I should wear it too work. I have to bite my tongue so much there...we have this low carb frozen yogurt that women go crazy for. It's made with splenda, bleh! They figure it's much better than regular yogurt so for many regulars it's the only sweet thing they eat. My god...when they complain about losing weight or whatever i suggest they eat more raw fruits and veggies...no one wants to hear it, so for the sake of getting tips I don't lecture.
Hope all is well with everyone, xoxo

Date: April 24, 2007 06:57AM

hey there hun....oh i know the feeling haha...i want to tell so many people...i watched tlc last night and itwas endless show of obese people struggling to lose weight...notl ike 200-300 pounders like 1000 pound people it was sooo sad to see them all suffering and dying because of food...food is such an addiction no matter the severity...some say oh you weren't a food addict so going raw is easier..UMM NO...i ate cooked food my whole life i believe that is an addiction in itself don't you?? some people aren't as addicted as others...but i think everyone has that connection with the cooked and an obsession with food ...well at least those are my thoughts...I am with ya noff...i never want to become a self rightous person and think that i have all the answers and i am the best and my thinkingi s right...i get nervous enough answering people asking aobut if something is raw or not haha...cuz i don't want people to think i am trying to tell them what to eat or what not....you know?? but i can always relate to people...cuz until someone is ready to eat raw they won't and you can't change someones thought process...hmm well that is my rant haha...sorry!! but keep up the goodwork gal!! you are doing awsome and i am soo glad that you have come to the site and i have found a friendship in yoU!!! you rawck hun...keep it up!!! take care....
oh and btw i think that you should def know you are invited to me and meow's little beach retreat this summer aha...we want to hang out and go to the beach and do some fun activities and it would be AWESOME to have you come down to la if you have a chance...
take care and keep up the good work
oh yeah i know a raw vegans' rock my world shirt haha i have one all drawn out to have made up at a t=shirt shop here haha....it is going to be awesome...i boughta t-shirt at target with kermit and it says stay green...i wore it on earth day haha..people got it i was happy about that...
oops sorry i posted a novel in your diary...i just get so excited about stuff lol!!
take care
love always
earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 25, 2007 06:22AM

So I'm reading Raw Courage World by Raw Courage Dini and I'm glued to it! I can see even raw foodist being a bit put off by his opinions since he's very blunt about his beliefs, it's so fascinating to read!There's an online version if anyone is interested in reading it. While reading it, I have the sudden urge to get naked and breat feed! haha. Waaaay too young for that now, haha. Maybe somedaay...
While I'm reading it my brother comes into my room and we get to talking about eating raw. I challenged him to eating raw for a week with me. He's not crazy about the notion but said if he were to do so that I'd have to cook and prepare everything. HA Wow that's going to put a real strain on me...all those hours in the kitchen slaving away at a meal! haha thanks bro you make me giggle. haha it would be more like, "hey, red apple or green apple?" tuh duh!, you have your meal.
He said I what I said was well argued and I'm well educated on it so he didn't shoot me down, yay. Just overheard him relaying the conversation to someone on the phone so I can see that I gave him some good food for thought. I so thankful for his understanding, if only everyone in the world would listen and respect their instincts...hm
My shirt is going to say "eat fruit be cute" I've decided. I pulled that from the book I'm reading. "Vegan" kind of rubs me the wrong way anyway..don't know why. Maybe since labels really bug me. PLus, this is a fun saying, smiling smiley

Date: April 25, 2007 06:52AM

hey there cool...yeah they have a children's fruit site for fruitarians and they sell shirts that say eat fruit be cute haha....that is awesome!!! yeah hmm i don't think it is a label to call someone vegan lol it is a good thinga nd a choice.. that person makes it is n't like calling someone a binge eater (because they are overweight or anorexic (because they are really thin)...or a nerd (because they wear glasses or work with computers) or something like that...that is more of a label you know assuming the worst because of someone's appearance or lifestyle...and not knowing the real person or story..so i think vegan is a a good thinga nd a good word...vegans choose their path..a.nd most raw foodies choose veganism!!!
so that is my thought lol....anyways that is awesome about your brother..make sure he eats enough that is a big thing for new raw foodies...they don't eat enough and think they couldn't stick with it.....like further down the road you will eat more food quanity..like 6 bananas for breakfast is normal or even 10...so make sure he eats enough so he isn't hungry~~~
take care hun
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 25, 2007 05:41PM

yeah I agree with you about the vegan label. It is a positive thing and only has as much meaning as I put on it but I think I am leaning towards eating a more like a fruigavore...sp? still a vegan but when I think of what I eat the first word that comes to mind is FRUIT! yay haha.

Bleh. I woke up yesterday and had a sore throat and today it's worse.
knock knock
who is it?
detox
uh, not home..go away
too bad I'm here!

That's exactly how it happened, now I only hope it doesn't get bad enough to have to miss work. I doubt they want me hacking up flem and coughing all day while serving food. Hm, I can't be sick! I have too much food that will go bad if I don't eat it in a few days! noooooo...

What were everyone's detox symptoms? Anyone have singular symptoms or just a full on cold/flu like condition?

Date: April 25, 2007 06:31PM

hey ther hun....well i am so happy for you getting your detox symptoms!!! congratulations to yoU!!! keep u pthe good work..means you are oding it and making raw work for you....yay yay ya for colds and running noses!!!

hmm i get some symptoms but haven't gone through a tough detox yet..but i was ready the more weight you have to lose the longer it can be...so hm i will be waiting years smiling smiley
have a great day hun and take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 26, 2007 12:22AM

i had a sore throat yesterday! ugh, i feel like i have so much to learn. i didn't even know that was a detox symptom. at least detox means something is working! yay!

i know what you mean about the word vegan. not that there is anything wrong with being vegan!! i just don't know that i'll ever consider myself one, even if i do really become one. kind of a label thing, but more of just a title thing. raw foodie may sound weird, bu oh well. eat fruit be cute is a great slogan! that'll be an adorable shirt. fruigavore (or some spelling of the word) would be a great title. i'd call myself that.

well, i hope you're having a great day. keep up the great work and i can't wait to hear from you smiling smiley

Date: April 26, 2007 03:49AM

hmm....well true...i can see where you dont' want to call yourself a vegan..if you still eat dairy or use non-vegan products...like leather and stuf.f..that is true i never thought of that...i guess i just went to the extreme with the vegan thing and got all products that are vegan too..haha i even traded in my yoga mat and bag in case lol......how are you today noff?? i hope all is well in your world..i had a HORRIBLE day...ate some cooked vegan stuffs haha....check my diary and find out how horrible it was lol
well take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 26, 2007 05:38PM

well it isn't that I don't want to call myself a vegan, I don't use animal products so of course I am one. When I talk about what I eat of course I use the word vegan but saying fruitarian is much more accurate and easier to explain how I eat. I'm raw vegan all the way though. RAW VEGAN! POWER TO THE RAW VEGANS BABY! haha

Woke up this morning and couldn't breathe through my nose. My head is completely clogged, it's an unccomfortable situation I'm going to have to push through though...bleh bleh cough cough. haha. I know that giving your body a rest and fasting for a day or however long aids in the healing process so does anyone think that I should not eat today? Or maybe just juice? I have some oranges I could juice. Hm, wish I lived with a wise raw guru...I feel so dumb sometimes when it comes to being raw or knowing my body...

Date: April 26, 2007 08:12PM

hey there hun.....yeah when your body is sickand getting rid f toxins it is best to stick with liquids to help speed up the process and allow your body to use all energy on whatever it is healing and not have to waste it on food...so good luck with that...usually you won't get hungry either when sick..your body helps out with that!!!! have a wonderful day hun!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 27, 2007 07:02AM

As gross and slugglish as i felt today, I still had an appetite so I had some of the best tasting oranges of my life. If I had a tengerine, clemintine or orange tree in my yard I could easily live off it quite happily. mmmmmm i'm drooling thinking about eating one right now but Im off to bed so it has to wait til tomorrow. I need to start buying from the farmers and not stores so I can buy in bulk. 10 oranges is not enough, what was I thinking?! aha Im familiar with all the cashiers at the natural foods place here since I love popping in and it's on my way home from school so most days I do! mmmmm tart and sweet tangerine o how I love thee. haha yum. I mistakingly had an almond/cocoa/bit of salt/gooji berry creation and since then have felt horrible. Nauseous and even more clogged up. I didn't even want it. My body's voice is becoming stronger so it'll be easier listeniing to it so I can avoid unwise choices like that one. Well tomorrow is another day. All hope for is to be able to last through class and work without sneezing or hacking on someone. haha. geez, what a good way to get fired! Detox is not fun but at least it's rewarding, well, I have faith it will be.

Date: April 27, 2007 08:01AM

hey there noff...sorry you felt yucky today....hmm i love oranges too...somedays more then others...especially when i first went raw they were my staple..i ate like oranges and carrots everyday haha.....hmm sometimes i can sit down and eat 4 or 5 oranges..one time i ate 8 oranges and it was like a citrus high ahah...but were yummy......have a great night!! talk with you soon
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 28, 2007 10:09PM

citrus high eh? Maybe I'm addicted to that crazy citrus high..very interesting.
well I'm still feeling groggy and congested so I'm really trying to stay away from fat altogether...that spoonful of almond butter just creeps up on me though! I was checking out youtube videos on the master cleanse and it's something that I would eventually love to do. I don't think the time is right for it now though so maybe in a few months or so. I want to feel really stable with being raw since I have the tendency of emotional eating and the fear of starvation might make me binge. It is such a gorgous day! I can't wait til I feel 100% again and have a day to hit the beach. O to be a sun child. wouldn't have it any other way.

Date: April 29, 2007 12:31AM

hey hun....oh you meant almond butter when meow was talking about peanut butter??? haha i was confused i was like what pb did you find that is raw that was exciting though...cuz my mom loves pb and i thought i found something else for her haha...oh well...
yeah good thining on the fast that is the way to do it..you don't want to do it right away and kill what you have been working so hard for you know??? so keep up the good work!!!
well enjoy your day.....
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 29, 2007 02:10AM

mmmm, i want to go to the beach. sun sun sun please. you'll be 100% again soon and it will be amazing.

do you notice a big difference in how you feel when you're 90% and when you're 100%?

Date: April 29, 2007 06:31AM

hey noff.....how are you???? hope all is well in your world...have a wonderful evening take care hun!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 02, 2007 08:08AM

hey there just checking in how is life?? talk to us haha...hope all is well!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 02, 2007 08:25AM

hey hey I'm alive. No need to worry love. I was feeling pretty congested and sick for the past week so I haven't made it to the computer. Had a good day and I'll try to post more this week.
Earthangel, you doing the online reiki?

Date: May 02, 2007 08:30AM

hey there she is miss america smiling smiley....how are you girl..glad to hear you are doing well and having those fabulous detox symptoms don't you love it?? means your body is getting healthy and getting rid of toxins...and like i told mia you know where toxins are stored?? IN FAT CELLS...so ridding the body of toxins means fat means weight loss means awesome healthy bodies!!!! keep it up and take care
love ya
earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 06, 2007 02:47PM

My skin brush came today!!!!!!!!!!!!! It feels sooooo good, I can't to wake up tomorrow and brush brush brush away my itchy skin!
I have five bunches of green bananas on my counter, it's so frustrating staring at them because I really want one! I usually have at least one a day since it helps me feel full and not slip up on cooked food but they are greeeeeeen. no no noooo. Oh well, I'll probably run to the kitchen tomorrow and expect to see ripe nanas but probably not...hehe
I pulled an all nighter (cinco de mayo) so I'm off to bed. smiling smiley

Date: May 06, 2007 07:39PM

hey hun yay you are back!!!!! yay your body brush came how exciting....you can use it anytime..doesn't have to be before a shower...they say about twice a day is good..i looked it up on a website...not a raw one but a good homemade healthcare site..care2you or something similar..sponsored by kaiser permanente smiling smiley....it's a cool site all sorts of homemade face stuff and body stuff..and remedies..it was very cool!!!
aww how was cinco de mayo for you? sounds like you had some fun haah!! good for you!!!
hey a little tip put a few bananas in a bag in a dark place...i put mine in an old purse in my closet..and in a day or so they should be ripened more....or you can use a brown bag in the cabinet...just be sure to check on them either way in case they are really ripening..i have noticed that before..somtimes if they are already yellow with a brown spot here or ther..they will get worse (when i bought them from the store stuck them in my purse and didn't take them out till later...) haha that is how i discovered ripening them at all lol smiling smiley
good luck hun hope this helps!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: meow ()
Date: May 06, 2007 08:14PM

hello noff! how are the detox symptoms? i haven't really had many symptoms yet and i thought it may have been b/c i've been vegan and eating really clean for a while, but now i'm starting to think they'll hit me later on! eeek...

what is a body brush, and what do you use it for? i have a lot to learn...hehe.

raw seems to suit you really well! isn't it the best? smiling smiley

Date: May 06, 2007 08:27PM

hey meow..not to use noff's journal AGAIn...(sorry girl) but the body brush is a natural bristle brush that you use dry and start at your feet and brush your skin moving up towards heart..always brush in the direction of your heart NEVER wawy..you want to incraease circulation by helping it not working against it....and also it gets rid of dead skin and helps with detox cuz it sloughs off the dead skin your body is shedding!! you can do it before a shower or just anytime..they recommend 2 times a day..you should be able to get one at trader joe's if not def at whole foods.it is just a body brush with natural bristles....they have theM!!
good luck
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo
hey noff thanks girl for letting us use your journal smiling smiley
love ya

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 07, 2007 02:11AM

In a bag you say? Oh yeah..I think I've heard that before. Does that work with all fruit earthangel? Thanks for the tip!!!!!!
Meow, raw does suit me, hehe thank you. It suits us all! Yeah I just tried out the skin brush and it feels so so good! I would highly recommend it to anyone. I bought it to help my body release toxins, oh and I LOVE a good scratch. haha Sounds odd now doesn't it...hehe <3

Date: May 07, 2007 02:18AM

hey there hun..well i know it works with banana's avo's and tomatoes i think...i am not sure...might work with others..what else you trying to ripen??
hmm yes i love that body brush haha it is fantastic..i need a small one for my face cuz my is the firm one that is tough and you can't get it to do the face too well haha....oh well....
have a great day hun!! take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 07, 2007 08:42PM

bananas are the only thing i have that needs to ripen faster. everything else needs to slow down so i can eat it before it goes bad! hehe it's a race against time! ah! Yeah I think I'm going to get a smaller brush for my face too, although I'm curious as to why the websites I've visited about skin brushing haven't mentioned brushin gyour face...maybe it's too sensitive to brush? I know it will get the benefits of skin brushing even if I don't do it on my facce since my overall circulation is increased but still..hm..
Well it is sooooo hot today! I will probably juice a cucumber or make a smothie with it after I get back from the gym to cool off. I'm not a big fan of plain cucumber so I' going to have to mix it with something..what though?
<3

Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables