Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Life as I want it.
Posted by: thinkingraw ()
Date: May 08, 2007 12:08AM

noff!!! it's been a while smiling smiley

you sound like you're doing well. and raw does suit you. being raw/getting to being raw makes me want to dance. it's seriously exciting, detox is. getting to where we're supposed to be..natural and radiant.

sorry if i seem silly smiling smiley i'm just happy

but i'm glad things are going well...and i hope your nanas get ripe soon!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 08, 2007 05:06AM

hey hun...hw was your day?? hope the banana bag is going well!! let me know haha... hope all is well with yoU!! take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 08, 2007 05:14AM

hey noff sorry i didn't see your post before i responded hah..hmm uccumbers i put with tomatoes in the blender and make a yummy soup.....they are great additives to soup...love it haha..so refreshing with tomatoes ......hmm well a lot of things stop ripening in the fridge so make sure they are in there smiling smiley...i sat down to eat those mangos and i had just bought them like 4 days ago..and i had to throw 4 of the ten completely out...and hmost of like 3 others out as well....so i ended up eating like 3 1/2 altogether so out of 10 i through most of them away which was so aggravating but i only paid 35 cents each haha so i guess oh well lol..i fed some of the overripe parts to my babies...they liked them but not as much as grapes....smiling smiley
oh it was BOILING today hahah!!!!! hmm i found a site that talks about face brushing...but to be careful..they also talked about your neck and breast area as well..that they are more tender but benefit highly from it...so that is something in case you were wondering haha...the face brush's are good..they have them at most health stores!! good luck
take care hun
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: noff ()
Date: May 08, 2007 05:52AM

mangoes for 35 cents? wha?!! I love love love mangoes, oh man. Too bad you had to throw some out but wow what a deal. Lunch would be under $5 no problem!. haha ya I threw a bunch of stuff in the fridge so hopefully I have food for a few days.
Hm, well I got home from work today and was starving and I see my bro got some food, there's a mango and some avocados and some peaches. yum yum yum, BUT none of it's organic! So sad. I've been strictly organic for the past few weeks and then today had a non organic bell pepper and my mouth and lips and throat were itchy and rashy! whats going on!? So I guess I'll be avoiding those delicious peaches...too bad. I wish the chemical revolution of the 40's never happened, then everything would still be organic!
Well I'm really excited to move home for summer, I mean free food!!!! haha. I'm broke...Every time I talk to my mom she's telling me about what green smoothies she's trying out and how she's loving it. I gave her the green for life book and was pretty wary of it when I first talked about going raw but wow, she's great! Very open to talkin about it. When I talked to my sister a month or so ago she was supportive of me going raw since then something must have changed...she's a cooked live to eat kind of person and I'm pretty much opposite...I think she feels as though I look down on her for being cooked. I hope she and I can reconnect be be close again when she sees that that just isn't the case.

Thanks earthangel for the cucumber ideas. I'm out of tomatoes so I guess I'll juice it plain tomorrow. <3

Night raw peoples, smiling smiley

Date: May 08, 2007 07:06AM

hey hun.....hmm yeah i love getting yummy organic things and knowing tha what i am eating is so healthy and good for me...sometimes i get non organic zucchini if it is on sale..then i wash it with biodegradable veggie wash..scrub it haha then i peel it lol and eat the inside...but i prefer organic and buy everything else organic....oh i am HATINg that i am going to no fruit soon..i have felt really good these past few days wheni am mostly fruit..but my blood sugar and insulin is bad...hmm oh well..awesome your mom is into it and gearing up for the summer..hmm i hope your sis gets a hold of this thing and sees it is not all about food so you gals can be close again....OH and speaking of family and raw...did your brother ever do the raw experiment with raw all week haha?? i never heard anything of it lol...
well take care and have a fabulous night!
love sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Monark ()
Date: May 08, 2007 03:20PM

Hope you are feeling better noff ! Did you receive your Reiki I on Friday? How's that going?

I have one of those body brushes, too ! I was worried at first that the bristles would be too harsh and scratchy - but they're not - feels Sooo good smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley . Especially on my feets and toes - and my Back !!! Oh Yea !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 08, 2007 05:35PM

mangos for 35 cents???? jeeeez. that would be amazing. i'm excited for you to come home, noff! haha it's sooo nice having food be bought for me smiling smiley i'm actually going to a health food store soon (this is a big step up from me just stealing fruit from my dining hall!).

it's so awesome that your mom is so into it. my mom is really supportive too, which is so nice. plus, the major benefit of mom eating raw is that she's got the checkbook haha....but i'm sure it'd be a huge benefit for her health too. and it'll be nice for you to have someone to go raw with!

i hope your sis doesn't feel too left out...because I could see that, especially if both you and your mom are raw. maybe she'll try it out. i used to be very cooked live to eat...and i wouldn't have ever pictured myself trying raw...but i'm so glad i did. so maybe she'll come around. i'm sure you will reconnect. you sound like such a good caring sister smiling smiley

body brushes huh? sound cool. i don't have one...but i'll have to look for them

i hope you have a radiant and raw day. smiling smiley

Date: May 08, 2007 08:01PM

Hey noff...just stopped by to say hello and see how your day was going...fabulous i am sure!!!! hope all is well!! i am sweltering here haha so ihave to get off this computer and get to the beach lol...i am oging to die when i get in my car though too..it is a heat magnet with the windows rolled up smiling smiley
have a great day
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 09, 2007 09:04PM

EA
haaha yeah sometimes when it's hot and I'm about to get in a car I end up just staring at it as if i could visualize myself doing it and avoid actually doing it and baking myself in the process. eeeeeeeew haha the beach sounds great though. you go iin the water? i could drift in the waves for hours!

Thinkingraw
I know! I loooove going home and going food shopping and at the checkout just standing there and thinking, hey it's cool, i'm with her, she's paying. sweeeeeeeet. haha I don't know about my sister. I think the whole raw issue is just something she's blowing out of proportion cuz there's other issues she's not happy about, thanks for the compliment I hope I am a good sister! I love that girl.

monark
I was really busy that day and didn't do it. aye..I was planning on doing it after work but fell asleep right away..I think the site said that once they put the energy out there you can pull it down anytime...maybe they meant just for that day. Such a bummer though. I know people say that it's like someone turning on a light switch when they get attuned but until i feel that I'm a little doubtful, well mostly just confused I guess. I hope the doubt I feel won't be a factor in getting attuned. Any thoughts about it? thanks smiling smiley

I don't have anything I want to eat so I guess it's time to hit the store. Last week I bought dates for the first time and ate the whole thing. sooooooooooo good. I heard the date people are who I should buy them from but hey don't have a website so I guess I'll ask around. Anyone know their number? I think dates might get me through any craving I have! So so so so so so good and I've only had madjoori and there's so many others to try! happiness is a yummy date! haha

Date: May 09, 2007 09:36PM

hey there hhaha glad you enjoyed your dates smiling smiley....hmm luck you having your parents buy your food when home..i have been on my own for 5 years...so when i move home i don't think it will be that way haha..i will still be buying my own food lol..oh well i am 22 i should be haha....but lucky for you of course that is awesome!!!
hey about the reiki oh the WHOLE thing confuses me now..i talked to someone abou ti...but all i ever get is an email fromt he group about someone NEEDING the healing from someone who does reiki to send it long distance...so i don't know haha
hmm well have a g great day hun!!
take care
love sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 10, 2007 02:59AM

Hey noff - sounds like you are doing fantastic !!! You can pull your attunement down any time - it's still there - and if you want I can send you one, too. smiling smiley smiling smiley . You will be attuned whether you are doubtful or not because you have the desire to be attuned smiling smiley smiling smiley . Some people feel it and and some don't, but it is there whether you feel anything or not. You get more sensitive to the energy the more you practice using it - I REALLY felt my Master/Teacher attunement - even saw my chakras all light up - it was so cool!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 10, 2007 07:37AM

hmm hey noff...how are you??? glad to hear from you early today!! i was on my way to a bonfire smiling smiley it was sooo fun.....well hun i hope you had a fabulous day...and a wonderful evening....we need to do the reiki!!!
take care hun
love sach
xxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 10, 2007 08:46AM

what I learned today: EAT MORE FOOD! haha I didn't go to the store today so ate bananas and a salad but it wasn't enough so work was a bit tough to endure but tomorrow is my day to stock up, farmers and then the market. YAH! My favorite day of the week is thursday and I can't think of a better day to go to farmers.

Hey monark
thanks for the offer, I would love it if you would send me one! smiling smiley I was wondering what you think the best way to pull it down is? The yahoo site describes meditating with a step by step decription. What I took from it was that you need to be calm and relaxed with a clear mind and then tell the source that you are ready to receive it. I am so excited to practice!

EA
bonfire you say? oooo how fun. I love bonfires, that's the best part of camping for sure. It's so fun to get lost staring into a fire and feel your eyes glowing. Hope you had fun. xoxo

Well I think that I want to eat 80/10/10. I've been leaning towards it even before i knew it existed, I just need to buy the book on it. I listened to an iinterview with Dr. Graham on raw vegan radio and am happy with my decision. yay fruit. what's not to love especially with all the peaches and watermelon that's going to be at the farmers market. <3

Date: May 10, 2007 09:06AM

hey there hun..yay good for youlearning smiling smiley
hey what fm do you go to?? do you do the santa monica one?? that seems far from your house..but if it is....might meet you up there one week..it is like 1 1/2 hours from my house...but that would be cool!!
let mek now
love sach
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 10, 2007 02:39PM

noff wrote:
"Hey monark
thanks for the offer, I would love it if you would send me one! smiling smiley I was wondering what you think the best way to pull it down is? The yahoo site describes meditating with a step by step decription. What I took from it was that you need to be calm and relaxed with a clear mind and then tell the source that you are ready to receive it. I am so excited to practice! "

That's pretty much it - actually you just set an intention to receive it - and you will receive it whether you are meditating or following a step-by-step procedure or not. The purpose of doing the meditation is so you can focus on the feelings you have both physical and emotional, during the attunement. Some people like to focus on the what they feel during the attunement. I didn't feel much when I first started - but it definitely gets stronger the more you use it.

Oh - and I am sure you read that you will also be going through a kind of detox after your attunement smiling smiley This will mostly be emotional in nature - but you can have physical symptoms as well. It is a clearing of your energy channels so that you can transmit the energy more effectively.

Do you want to set up a specific time for me to send you your attunement so that I am sending it the same time you are receiving it? Or do you want me to send it the way they send it out on Reiki_On - where you can just pull it down whenever you want to?

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 11, 2007 03:41AM

i'm so jealous of all you west coasters!!! you're all so close to each other. plus you have all these cool raw restaurants and juice bars and all sorts of stuff. haha i was looking at pottery barn today...and tearing out my favorite pages...and everything i liked, i was like, hmmm...this would be nice if i had a house in california. just made me think of that.

i hope you have a great time at the farmer's market! and that you get lots of amazing stuff smiling smiley i'm afraid i don't know much about the 80/10/10. i think i've read a little bit on here about it...need to know more tho. so many books to read!! i'm going to the library tomorrow. sooo maybe they'll have something interesting.

good luck tomo!!

<3

Date: May 11, 2007 04:33AM

Hey Noff how was your day today hun??? i hope you are doing wonderful as i am sur you are!!!!! hey i need to find out more about the reiki i don't quite understand it..and i asked monark but i dont think she got it or something haha...i am trying to do it but not sure i really want to..and so i dont know...well hun take care and hope all is swell and joly smiling smiley take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 12, 2007 04:37AM

Hi Noff----I'm popping in to say hello and keep up the good raw way of eating. I am trying to say hello to everyone eventually---but no one can do like Earthangel, eh? She is the Angel of the Forums!!!!

Oranges are one of my favorite fruits. I have eaten 5 at a time, no problem. Usually I eat from 1 to 3. I've heard a few things too about not eating too many citrus fruits, but as for now I am not going to pay attention to that, heh heh. I think they are just fine. Nothing like a ripe Valencia.

You're sounding really strong! Raw is the best way to go. Best wishes to you, stay raw and singin' in the rain, singin' in the sun .. with all our sun ripening food

--Elakti smiling smiley's to you

Date: May 12, 2007 04:47AM

Hey lovebug...where have you been all my life haha...i miss ya!! well i know all is well with you and the ice cream haha..not eating it of course!!! let me know how things are going!! have a fabulous evening and beautiful weekend
love ya sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 14, 2007 01:20AM

My last day of work is the 25th! yaaaaaaaaaaaay! That's also the last day of school and then I'm on the road back home for summer! I'm so excited! I'm going toget a job not revolving around junk food first of all, hopefully a job where I can learn something or make a positive impact for my community. wow, would never have said that a few years ago, haha.

I'm here earthangel mi amor!!!!!!!!!! xoxo I am still resisting the ice cream! It's headache inducing sugar goop that doesn't appeal to anymore! As long as I don't eat it that is, haha I haven't been raw for long enough for me to be competely confident that if I try some I won't be tempted to try a bit more and a bit moer and then..well you know. My internet was down for a bit so I missed a day or so here. I'm almost caught up with your life girl, another day I'll be good. So my food packages aren't here! and the colon cleanser either, so sad. At least my skin brush is here, I loooove it. Yeah so I've read three books that someone leant me and it really helped me undertand it and find out how I felt about it myself. It's really interesting to hear someone's story about how reiki came into their life and how it changed them. Go read some books about it love! Maybe the library has some books about it? I know buying more books may not be an option right now (money, need more money!!!!!!! familiar?haha) Let me know your thoughts on reiki, I'd love to talk to you about it!

Monark <3
let me know when you can send it my way! If you need to recooperate from the weekend take it slow. How are the pups at the shelter doing? Wish I could take one home with me, or all of them really. xoxo

Thinkingraw, hey! Yeah well it seems either people think we're lucky or can't stan the thought of us. haha. I was talking to some people in colorado, some old cowboys, who were saying that the land is gorgous outhere but the people ruin it. haha. Oh man. There isn't a juice bar where I live now,(only here 2 more weeks, whooohooooo!) but my rents house in the bay area is close to SF and faifax which is a small raw friendly place. Lots of happy hippies there, hehe. You are more than welcome t come and crash at my new place in Irvine anytime!!!!!! The 80/10/10 is where you eat fruit all day and then have a big salad for a meal. I've been eating that way or close to it for a while and love it. If it interests you check out the website onit! foodnsport.com xoxo

Well hello Elakti!
Valencia are sooooo good. The last time I went to the market I stuffed my bag with about 25 of them which will get me through 3 days or so. haha sooo good. Yeah I've heard warnings about too much citrus but as long as I'm eating it whole and not juiced I say I'm going to eat as much as I want! hah. If my body has a problem with eating too much citrus then I want to find it out on my own. Everyone is trying to find their own way to thrive on raw food ya know? Hope you're having a fabulous day, I'll check out your diary later. xoxoxo

So I'm waaaashed...long day working and not it's time to get cracking on homework. I can not wait to go to the farmers market up in marin and get watermelon, peaches and cherries!!!!!!!!! two weeks!!!!!!!! Oh and I'm going to get my moms old honda, very happy about that. I love my car so much and could tell you about all the fun times I've had with it but it's time to move onto a car with better gas mileage! My parents bought two hybrids, stellar! I haven't driven my car in two weeks since i take the bus and bike to get around but for the drive down to Irvine, it's going to be nice to have that honda. Alright, that's all now now, xxxoxoxoxoxoxo. two weeeeeeeks!

Date: May 14, 2007 06:05AM

Hey love yay you are posting...i thought you were in hiding smiling smiley...well you sound like you are doig amazing with everything health wise..food wise..job wise...home wise!! yay you!!! keep upt he fantastic work huN!!!
love ya
earthangel
xoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 14, 2007 11:35PM

Sent you a pm, noff smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 15, 2007 04:06AM

Hey noff how are you hun??? just stopped by to say hi and i was thinking of you!!! i would love to chat reiki with you!!! talk to you soon hun..i am having some major detox right now ..just hit about 20 minutes ago
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: meow ()
Date: May 15, 2007 04:15AM

hey noff! congrats on almost being done with the schoolyear, what a great feeling to have the whole summer ahead of you!

i'm with you on leaning towards 80-10-10. i feel like i'm eating way too much fat, i eat lara bars and avos and tahini and olive oil...but i notice when i have days with pretty much only fruits and veggies i feel better. if you do get the book, let me know what you think of it! i wonder if they have a hardcopy of the book or just an e-book? i'd rather have a real book to take w/ me to work and the beach and whatnot..

anyway i hope everything is going well! ohh it's wonderful that your parents got 2 hybrids! we need to start being proactive about reversing global warming before it's too late. good for them!

Date: May 15, 2007 04:24AM

hey there meow yes they do have the actual book that is what most people order..i didn't know they had an ebook actually smiling smiley..the website foodnsport or something similar haha..it has the book to order..you can't get it in stores though .....
well tkae care just wanted to answer ya hun
sorry noff smiling smiley
but we love you haha
love earthangel
xoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 15, 2007 04:46AM

noff!!!! yay for summer! only 10 days until you're done!!! such a good feeling to have work and school be over for a while. so exciting. as always, the farmer's market sounds delicious!!! 80/10/10 sounds like a great way to eat! thanks for showing me the website!!! oohhh exciting about the hybrids. i drive a honda (thank goodness b/c otherwise gas would kill me!), but i would looove to upgrade to a hybrid one.

good luck with the end of your classes...the end is in sight! hope you have a lovely day tomorrow. talk to you soon!

<3

Date: May 15, 2007 04:54AM

oh no you are all going on 811 and i am going to be left behind sad smiley haha just kidding i will still support and love you all!! i envy you though i wish that was me getting to do it haha that is my dream....
oh well i have diabetes and have to deal with and accept it!!!
love earthangle
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 15, 2007 01:21PM

Don't worry EA - you won't be left behind - I am switching to a 60/25/15 plan smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Have a great day noff !!!!!!! You have a pm smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Hugs to ya !!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 16, 2007 03:18AM

hey my dear how are you doing???? i know all is well but still wanted to say hi and see how your day was!!! i am watching the series finale of gilmore girls soo sad smiling smiley
well take care hun
love sach
xoxoxoxo
oh ps..thanks monark...glad i am not left behind smiling smiley
xoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 16, 2007 03:26AM

don't worry EA, we won't leave ya! The more I research high fruit diets the more cautious I become. I'm going to go buy some books on it when I can and will probably eat 2 big salads and then fruits otherwise. GREENS GREENS GREENS!!!!!! ah! must have greens! haha. I've been reading a lot of testimonials from long term raw foodies who said that after eating high fruit for a long time they ended up sick and not feeling well so I'm hoping to find a balance, i LOVE fruit so i gotta find a balance! I'm off to do some homework but will make some time later this week to chat about reiki! I haven't pulled down the attunement from monark yet, have you? I think she said she was sending you too right? xoxo haha My sis is watching gilmore for sure right now, hehe I used to watch it too. night smiling smiley

Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables