Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 2 of 8
Re: Intro and Record Keeping newbie 2 weeks into raw diary.
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 13, 2007 04:39AM

haha yeah for sure...hmm milk and dairy products are said to be the worse with all the hormones and such injected in the animal that comes out in the milk...even the organic milk has it....if they have to have some sort of milk give them almond or seed milk....sesame seeds are the highest source of calcium even more then reg. milk!!! or if anything give them raw sheep or goat milk that is helpful too!!!!...hmm well i am glad you ate the food you were craving good for you both....and dh your hubby??? hmm well have a great night and take care...sorry about the mood swings you will be experiencing soon...but will be a learning experience for DH haha whoever that is lol....smiling smiley just teasing
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxox

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 13, 2007 04:43AM

DH IS DEAR HUBBY lol

I learned that acronym on another board.

I would rather the boys do almond milk...Ive made sesame milk and it is so good. The man has lost his mind, Im sure. He knows better than this and Im fuming.

Date: April 13, 2007 04:50AM

haha i guessed dear hubby but didn't want to assume you know what they say about people who ASS ume haha (in case you don't they make an a** of themself haha)
hmm i think he might of had a foggy moment there...but once he sees the changes he will have a clear picture for all the other times he is at the store for the wrong reasons smiling smiley
tip for you: Get out and do your steps when the boys are throwing their tempers around from milk and leave DH with them haha....he will get it lol!!
good luck
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: April 13, 2007 04:56AM

well mia- i was doing just 10,000 steps a day but the weather is so bad.so now i do the leslie sansone 5 mile advance dvd.it is really good. i also walked 3 miles today on top of doing the dvd.that is wonderful u do 20,000 steps a day. i thought the 10,000 was it and then someone said-really to loose weight u have to do 12,000 steps a day. i thought on my word!!i just try to get in the 10,000-daily.if i do more-it is usually that i do the 5 mile power walk inside the houe with leslie sansone.she is so good. lots of stretching and flexability and power walking and the stretchy belt. some good stuff. quite the work-out.so i need to do more steps it sounds like.ok...thanks for that infor.i love my pedometer too.well-good! u got one again.they are so fun.hugs taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

DAY 17 RAW
Date: April 13, 2007 03:49PM

Eating loads of tahini has left me a bit sleepy these last days, but I think I've needed the comfort food/rest.

It has been a pretty trying time. At lunch I had leftover tahina...lol

@11:30 leftover tahina w. avocado salad, carrots, green beans, mushrooms, broccoli

Have to take my 8 yr old to get a lump under his armpit biopsied. He has this mass growing under it and it is making me very nervous. He just had his tonsils and adenoids out on Wednesday. Poor baby.

Date: April 13, 2007 03:54PM

hey there...poor little guy...well at least you are taking care of it ....go mom!!! smiling smiley hmm yeah the extra fat can make you a little sleepy...or your body needs the extra rest so you don't worry about it!1 take care today and have a wonderful day...good lukc and let us know in the next week when you hear back from the biopsy i will be seind good vibes and prayers your way for your child!! good luck
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 13, 2007 11:04PM

thanks earthangel!

We are just back home, will let y'all know later.

DAY 17, MORE FOOD IVE EATEN
Date: April 13, 2007 11:05PM

@4:30 HALF AN ORANGE

@6:45 DRIED FIGS

I bought the most beautiful mache and want a salad and (yikes) more sesame tonight...havent been able to eat all day, as been in drs.

Date: April 13, 2007 11:49PM

@7:45 HUGE Mache salad with purple onions, broccoli, radishes, mushrooms and tahina
water

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 14, 2007 12:04AM

yummy!!! sounds soo goood mia!! and its ok that u got more tahini, just give tor body wat it asks 4,,all this food is makin me crazy i gotta get off this site!!

omg i am so sorry about your son, i hope he is ok, you are a good mom for that :] ill pray for him, and i never pray lol, but this needs praying for!!

Date: April 14, 2007 01:41AM

thanks for the prayers...someone who runs a coven in the UK even offered to send witchy things. I thought that was really cute.

Funny, I still like the tahina, but not like before. It is tapering off for sure.

Date: April 14, 2007 02:46AM

yay you and yay for dealing with the cravings head on!!! good for yoU!!! i am keeping your family in my prayers..i hope for the best...you are doing great....keep up the good work and enjoy that yummy salad and fantastic tahini haha....
talk with you soon
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 14, 2007 03:24AM

last bit of food on the 17th day of raw-- ORANGES

Supposedly, the allergist told me I was allergic to this and celery. I love them, but never touched them til today (since the diagnosis). I have never felt ill from them, even today...so hmmmmm

Date: April 14, 2007 03:29AM

hey there...yay you can eat oranges...sometimes raw changes body's reactions to things...so hoepfully now you can have them!!! congrats
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxo

day 18 raw
Date: April 14, 2007 03:22PM

I broke out in a rash on the arms and a couple other spots last night after eating the oranges :/

darn.

I guess I am allergic after all.

I love oranges. Darn darn darn.

Just woke up and my body feels different, as it often does each morning when I wake (since being on the diet). I know my weight has not changed much in the last week, maybe it has gone up a bit. However, it is like my shape is changing. I still FEEL slimmer each morning.

After close to three weeks without a bonafide cooked meal, I find I am not even craving cooked things much. I am pretty happy about that.

Date: April 14, 2007 03:49PM

yaaaay!!! good job mia!!!! grinning smiley i kno wat u mean by not really losing weight but feeling your shape change, i felt that yesterday, but now i feel blah bc i ate cooked food :[[
im sorry you are allergic 2 oranges that sux!! but can you eat other citrus ?
i hope your son is okay:]
wow im so proud of you or anybody who can make it a month on raw!! you are so strong!! and that is sooo kool that u have no more real cooked food cravings, i want that!!! haha you are doing sooo good, yay!!! grinning smiley

Date: April 14, 2007 04:54PM

earthangel-

the lack of REAL MAJOR CRAVINGS is amazing in itself for me. I am a HUGE FOODIE. I own HUNDREDS of cookbooks, I adore cooking, food, food history, herbalism, etc since childhood. I often prefer heavy peasant cooking, international cuisines, etc...so when I say I do not crave nor miss is just BOGGLES my mind.

I can eat other citrus and seem to do ok on blood oranges (but they are sooo expensive). I just am not into the more sour citrus lately. Apparently, I am allergic to celery (but I never cared much for it). I found out I reacted to sunflower seeds recently (another thing I never cared for much before).

I'd like to lose as fast as the husband, but am satisfied with just eating healthy, actually.

Re: day 18 raw
Date: April 14, 2007 04:54PM

@12:30 had a chocolate banana almond milk shake

Date: April 14, 2007 05:22PM

yay you!!!! you are doing soooo well...keep up the good work!!!! i am sooo proud of yoU!!! keep up the great work!!! very happy for you.....you are overcoming a lot of food issues it seems and you are rocking it!! so keep it up!!! glad you are doing well with the weight loss...yeah your weight shifts around when going raw even if you aren't losing it evens out and goes where it needs to and helps heal your inside so don't be discouraged...it will all work out!!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 14, 2007 07:47PM

@3:45 water; 3 dried figs

Date: April 14, 2007 08:24PM

mmm i love dried figs...they are my new thing haha except there are so many calories inthem i tend to stay away...but i love them they taste soooo yummy!!! hmm maybe i should go to the store and get a few haha..good thinking..
thanks for the idea smiling smiley
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 14, 2007 09:54PM

earthangel=

calories? what r those? (HAHA) Do you mean I CANNOT eat an entire bowl of tahina dip with veggies in one sitting (like I have been)? hehehe

I was sooo surprised at how delicious the dried figgies were. OMG. I ate the entire pkg in 2 days. My period BETTER get here soon before I eat the contents of the house.

no wonder why I haven't been losing.,,although the body shape IS shifting, I am stalling for sure. It is keeping me sane this week, though.

MORE DAY 18 FOOD-

@5 pm tahina, cauliflower, carrots, broccoli; water

Date: April 14, 2007 10:24PM

hey there haha well i am trying to lose and still count kcals even though we as raw foodies aren't supposed to worry about having too many haha..i still do...but when i crave something i let it go and eat it haha....hmm yeah those figs are SOOO good i was surprised too..cant wait till they are in season to get some fresh ones YAY for june!!!
well keep up the awesome work...and hey you are staying raw and that is a big accomplishment...do what it takes!! then work on other things once you are used to raw...cuz then you will tend to eat more nuts then you would like but you still didn't go off the raw track get it smiling smiley...so good for yoU!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 14, 2007 10:30PM

wow mia my trip is going exactly like yors

Date: April 15, 2007 12:01AM

hey and you are doing good on your journey too fuzzy!! keep up the good work gals!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: April 15, 2007 01:16AM

hehehe, looks like it fuzzy, doesn't it?

@9 more tahina, veggies, choco shake

Date: April 15, 2007 07:53AM

hmm that sounds yummy!!! keep up the good work and yummy food!!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: April 15, 2007 12:17PM

Miaculpa,

Been transitioning to raw for about 6 months now and just wanted to say to you I think this way of eating would be very hard to do cold turkey. It's hard to change habits of a lifetime, I read we are addicted to what we eat and ingest, the good news is that fact works in your favour eventually, I enjoy fruit and greens more than ever now and can't eat as nearly much fat.

Hating myself in the morning - or even sooner - for not eating perfect raw is one of the challenges for me and just about everyone by the looks of it. Even Gosia wants to snuff out salt cravings and is going to work on that. Hope you saw Adam's post (macfly) in Gosia's low fat thread, I am going to print that one!

Good luck to you Mia on your raw journey.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2007 12:20PM by Dulset.

Date: April 15, 2007 03:12PM

Dulset-

For me, trying to go cold turkey was the best thing. I was tired of being sick, having been so ill the prior few months that I thought I was dying. Since then, I have more energy than I've had in eons and no longer have any of the problems that caused me to go on this journey in the first place. I was literally bedridden for weeks at a time, with high fevers, vomitting, diahrrhea, stomach pains, etc. I had my gall bladder removed some years ago and my innards were starting to rebel. I went through a month in January working in NYC where I was in daily contact with rockstars AND their lifestyle, which only compounded things and caused my system to crash. I do not usually party, but was thrust into the most unhealthy lifestyle one could imagine--of VERY RICH and unhealthy SAD gourmet restaurants daily, alcohol and other things til all hours, just to stay up all night in the recording studio.

By late January, my already delicate system completely bottomed out and I was hit with that super stomach flu that was in the news.

Another bout of scary intestinal issues reared it's head in March when I finally went back home. I decided then and there that I needed a miracle turnaround and by chance, this way of life revealed itself to me via a random YOUTUBE broadcast.

Since then, it is do or die for me. I am determined never to take my health for granted again. Before NYC, I'd been a cooked vegan for 5 months. I went from that to pandemonium, to burnout.

I am pleased to have found this. The alternative is scarier than anything else. I want to LIVE, to heal.

Thanks for posting.

Mia

DAY 19 RAW
Date: April 15, 2007 03:16PM

I've gained 1.5 lbs in a week...I also haven't had a bowel movement in about 2.5 days.

My period is due any moment as well.

I think all the tahina is binding me up.

My body odor has disappeared. I think the ezekial sprouted wraps were the culprit that brought the nasties back and now it seems out of my system, thank goodness.

THAT was a major eye opener.

I need ideas on what to do to get the bowels moving. I will stay away from tahina today and drink more water (which I've been SOOO BAD ABOUT).

@11 am WATERMELON

Current Page: 2 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables