Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 4 of 8
Re: Intro and Record Keeping newbie 2 weeks into raw diary.
Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 17, 2007 04:49PM

@12:40 papaya

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 17, 2007 06:47PM

@2:30 chopped up nearly a head of cauliflower, mixed it with avocado, nama shoyu, dill, wasabi, agave, and apple cider vinegar and ate the resulting 'sushi rice' with 6 sheets of nori. OMG

well, least it wasn't tahina.

Date: April 17, 2007 10:41PM

@6:30 mango and papaya

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 18, 2007 02:55AM

hey awesome awesome day today!!!!!! keep up the great work....yeah i love cauliflower rice...i love chopping it up with dill..it is one of my faves....keep up the awesome work!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Date: April 18, 2007 04:12AM

later on I pigged out on some (what else) tahina and veggies.

I am getting discouraged. I think my pms is bad. I am achey and craving and hungry. My weight is going up and I am puffy thru the middle.

There is a part of me that whispers 'you'd do better on a low carb diet'...then I remember 'oh yeah, HEALTH is the first thing I want to achieve'.

Funny how easily I forget that I felt sooo lousy these last few months prior to finding raw.

I cooked today and had NO desire to eat it myself. The children wanted something specific. They burnt their mouths on the food, as they forgot that food has heat.

I could stay on this diet forever, I just worry that I will get fatter and fatter in the process. My hormones are whacky and I am depressed tonight.

sigh.

Date: April 18, 2007 06:30AM

hey there....well i think you are doing great sticking with raw....but you may need to skip a day on tahini or slowly start lowering it.....because it may be like cooked food to you...since it is a fat it is something that lingers on your tongue so when you feed the addiction day 1 then you will want it everyday after that till you can kick it out for a few days or weeks then you will feel your pull to it isn't so strong...throw it outand don't buy it...and skip off it the rest of the week and see how you feel...you won't want it so much cuz you haven't eaten it...it isl ike the cooked food issue...if you have something cooked then your body craves it more then it would if you didn't have it....so try that out and you should start to deflatesmiling smiley
good luck and take care
love earth angel
xxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

day 22 raw
Date: April 18, 2007 04:26PM

you are likely correct, so today gonna try to stay away from it as if it were cooked.

It is choco nib day!

@930 choco banana pecan 'brownie batter' shake

@1130 choco coconut macaroons, choco coconut banana shake

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: April 18, 2007 07:49PM

Hi Mia,

I had a few minutes so I thought I'd read your diary. Very interesting. It's tough going through transition. I've been in transition for almost 3 years! I'm still addicted to lots of food, I just don't eat them often anymore. Doesn't mean the addiction is gone though. I love raw tahini, too. I can easily eat a whole jar in one sitting. Don't get it very often, though. Good thing because I always feel awful by the half way point. winking smiley

Keep up the good work. I love seeing the changes in what you eat over time. Good job.

Mona

Date: April 18, 2007 09:19PM

thank you mona.

What has happened to you in these three years? How has your weight/body changed over time?

thanks!

Date: April 18, 2007 09:55PM

HAD SOME pecan pate @4:30

Date: April 18, 2007 10:12PM

@6 nori rolls stuffed w/pecan pate; 2 handfuls black grapes w/ handful raw cacao nibs

funny, pecan pate is nowhere NEAR as addicting as tahina...also, found that the cacao is great for cleaning your pipes out. hehehe

Posted by: shellydj75 ()
Date: April 19, 2007 01:51AM

pecan pate.... oh my How do you make that... it sounds so good! I am sitting at my desk trying to stay away from the almond butter.... I tried it today and could jump in the jar! I may need to toss this or have it under lock and key! *laughs*

Date: April 19, 2007 02:31AM

oooh pecan pate is EASY

With spices, it can taste like ham salad or real pate, depending on what u put in

I put:

pecans
onion (chopped super fine or grated)
dill
nama shoyu
salt, pepper, etc
apple cider vinegar
agave

(play with spices til it tastes 'right"winking smiley

soak pecans in water overnight

process in vitamix or blender (add a bit of water, if it is hard to move) until it is a paste

In a bowl, mix it all up and let it sit in the fridge for a while. If it is drippy because you added water during processing, dump pecan paste in cheesecloth and put it in a colander in sink to drain it off...then proceed and refrigerate.

Date: April 19, 2007 04:15AM

hey there hun....well yay you for doing so well today and sticking away from the tahini.....yeah for cacoa nibs...hmm i have the beans and don't like them too much haha i wonder if i would enjoy the nibs lol...probably everyone seems to really like them haha...

yay for the pate!!!!! keep up the awesome work hun..love that you are giving other foods a try smiling smiley
take care
love eartha ngel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

MORE ON PECAN PATE! NEW DISCOVERY!
Date: April 19, 2007 05:09AM

I've been dehydrating some cacao-pecan brownies this evening and decided to put some pattie sized dollops of the pate into the dehydrator to see how they would taste...

OMG THEY ARE THE BEST VEGGIE BURGERS EVER. It is even better than the pate! The flavors combine so well and the taste is AMAZING. They are even better than Gardenburgers. I betcha the spices could be tweaked and they could become some really yummy mock 'chickn nuggets' or something else. Wow.

Date: April 19, 2007 07:07AM

hey there gal....awesome awesome for trying new things....they sound yummy....i don't eat dehydrated foods or i would try them!!! good job though keep it up!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

DAY 23 RAWW
Date: April 19, 2007 11:36AM

thanks earthangel!

Pigged out this morning. Dehydrator things needed testing heheewinking smiley

@7:15 brownies, 'burgers', grapes, banana, water

Date: April 19, 2007 04:07PM

@11:30 pecan burgers w mushroom gravy, broccoli and cauliflower, brownies

Date: April 19, 2007 05:54PM

hey there yay no tahini haah good job i know it is hard!!! i am sure......hmm yumy yummy...sounds good...the first post says 7:15 but i looked at it and thought it said 15 brownies...i wasl ike oh she is really trying not eat tahini haha smiling smiley....keep up the awesome work!!!!!! enjoy those yummy burgers and brownies and veggies!!! don't forget those veggies and fruits ahah!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

DAY 24 RAW
Date: April 20, 2007 09:46PM

DAY 24 RAW

Feel awful. Period. Cramps. Ugh.

I am in such pain right now. No real protein/fat cravings or ANY CRAVINGS. I HURT SOOOO BADLY. I was bleeding so heavily this morning when it started too.

EATEN TODAY:

-papaya, half
-mango
-banana
-homemade raw corn chips
-salsa
-tahina
-broc, cukes, cauli, radish
-frozen banana
-water

Posted by: benetgirl ()
Date: April 20, 2007 10:24PM

Oh, hang in there girl, I just got mine as we speak... no cramps yet... i was beyond exhausted all day, and was lil discouraged. Im doing the MC. and i know by tonite i will get cramps and dont wanna take pills... i am so so tired. do u have a heating pad at home. that always helps me....

hey, at least u r detoxing a lil faster this week... just think of all the toxins that r coming out of u!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

yeah, ill need to tell that to myself tonite. hahahaha

Date: April 21, 2007 01:15AM

Oh benetgirl...if this is detoxing, it sucks. I gained like 5 lbs this week and from my chest to my knees feel like a throbbing, sore mass. I took motrin and I feel LOADS BETTER. I tried no pills and ended up sobbing in a ball on the bed.

I've laid down most of last two days, but have a funeral in morning (with cooked food waiting, which hubby and I discussed staying AWAY FROM) and need to push through it.

good luck and thanks.

Date: April 21, 2007 01:32AM

@9:30 pm dried pineapple, handful of raisins, shake w/bananas, strawberries, almond milk; water

Date: April 21, 2007 03:23AM

hey my gal you are doig great!!! keep it up hun!!! don't worry if you had to take the motrin you had to...it's like a cooked item...sometimes it happens...smiling smiley great job today!!! so happy for you!!!
soryr about the funeral but good you and hubby chatted about it before and staying away from cooked food!!
love earthangle
xoxoxoxoxoxxoxo

Date: April 21, 2007 03:45AM

You know, the hormones are making me depressed and jealous. In 3 weeks, hubby has lost about 22 lbs...youngest kid has lost about 8...I have lost MAYBE, MAAAAYBE 6 total. *That's with the bloat back from period*

Why??!! Everyone else is doing so well and I suck.

Date: April 21, 2007 03:55AM

hunny don't do that to yourself or you will be like me...i am always questioning..but i know i have a a lot of health challenges that don't allow me to lose as easily or fast as others...and not at all until going raw...so stay positive and be happy you arel oseing...i am sure after this period and all the tahini next week will be better and you will see results!!! keep up the work
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 21, 2007 04:35AM

thanks hon!

BTW, how are u putting your pics up...is it under 'signature'?

Date: April 21, 2007 05:43AM

your welcome no problem!!!
yes i go through the signature...i have them on photo bucket which is photobucket.com and then i just copy the IMG and paste it in the signature and go to forum settings and add signature and my pic appears!!!
i am not sure but i think you can just paste the img code int he post and it shows up too haha
good luck
love earthangel
oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: April 21, 2007 05:53AM

thanks...I already know html, was just unsure where ya put the pic file.

UUgggghhhh. I look puffy and hate it. I feel like a cow. Moo.

Date: April 21, 2007 05:55AM

oh i am sure that is not true you look puffier to yourself then others...although i can't talk haha i just went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror and about screamed haha...i wasl ike OMG who the heck is that...i have swelled up in like 3 hours...hmm haha i think it is our minds haha....
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

Current Page: 4 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables