Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 3 of 8
Re: DAY 19 RAW
Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 15, 2007 09:42PM

(throughout the day, grazed on watermelon)

@5:15 tahina (yeah, I know BAD), cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, sliced radishes, portabella mushrooms in nama shoyu, shazzie's sweet spread (avocado, garlic dip); water

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Intro and Record Keeping newbie 2 weeks into raw diary.
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 15, 2007 09:57PM

haha you are sooo funny....wel oh well you had more thaini...get it out of your system and you will survive the raw transition..i agree with ya the cold turkey method is number1 for my own personal body!!!! you are doing good...if you are okay with it you can give yourself an enema to get all that stuff moving through your body that might help ya out a little bit!!
good luck hun and keep up the good work!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 15, 2007 11:14PM

hehehe, earthangel...I have a horrible tahina addiction LOL.

Actually, was able to go twice since I ate the watermelon and started to drink lots of water. I also went easier on the tahina...

baby steps, eh?

Date: April 15, 2007 11:38PM

hey there good job!!!! hmm i don't know how everyone loves the tahini haha what do you just eat it like a dip haha??/ hmm i bought some the other day and wish i could send it to you hah i don't know what to do with it i don't like it....but all the power to you who does cuz you have more optins haha....hmm i might make a hummus and see how it turns out with it!!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 16, 2007 12:25AM

I learned to make tahina dip in Israel when I was in high school...there is a knack to it.

1. Pour out about 1/2 c tahina in a bowl

2. wield a tablespoon

3. turn cold tap water on to a trickle; keep it running, u will need it.

4. add salt, paprika or cayenne, chopped garlic, chopped parsley, maybe dill, a couple tablespoons lemon and/or apple cider vinegar, etc

5. trickle water into the tahina and STIR...first it will get kinda clumpy, keep stirring and adding a bit of water at a time til it is nearly white and looks almost like tzakiki or greek garlic yogurt and is smoooooth. YOU DONT WANT IT LIKE PEANUT BUTTER COLOR, KEEP STIRRING AND ADDING WATER AS THE WATER INCORPORATES.

6. WHEN done, drizzle good olive oil over and dip veggies in.

YUM

Date: April 16, 2007 12:26AM

YOU CAN ALSO PUT A SPOON OR TWO OF TAHINA IN your smoothies when u blend them...instant sesame milk without the hulls!

Date: April 16, 2007 12:33AM

hmm are you jewish by chance??? just wondering....i nanny for a family that is jewish and the mom has beena sking about some yummy raw receipes to incorporate into their lives....but they don't want to give up protein things haha that is her most important thing...but i was thinking that if you knew of anything good that is yummy and kosher you could share haha...if not sorry lol...that is sooo cool you went to high school in israel....where do you live now??????
hmm i want to go there so bad and expereience it...i am saving now to go with the family next year for the little girls bat mitzvah in august.....they went last summer for the older gals...but i iddn't go...i want to go and see all the wonderful things and expereince it and swim in the dead sea smiling smiley....well sorry to bore you but thank you so much for the tip for tahini..i was going to say it tastes funny out of the jar with things i was like hmm strong taste buds you must have haha....i will try that too...although it sounds addicting so i might not haha or we will be stuck in the same boat without paddles smiling smiley
have a wonderful day hun>...take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 16, 2007 12:44AM

yup jewish and asian, actually...and black. Don't ask, highly mixed. smiling smiley

Tahina is VERY KOSHER AND VERY ISRAELI. It is served at every meal and pita is dipped into it. It is basically creamy hummus without the chickpeas. I am currently in Michigan, but I travel to NYC and overseas for work a lot..

DONT EAT IT OUT OF THE JAR!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG OMG OMG ROFLOLOLOL!!!!

It is a concentrate, heheheh, basically! It needs lots of dilution to be palatable. Once you try that recipe (keep adding little water at a time and mix mix mix til it is white) and dip your veggies in it, you will be as bad as me.

Dont forget to drizzle olive oil on it. I like to garnish w paprika too on top of that, looks pretty. Even my husband and picky kids are addicted to it!

Make sure you salt it and spice it to taste after. If it tastes not 'bright' enough, add more salt/vinegar/ or lemon

day 19, more food
Date: April 16, 2007 12:46AM

@8:30 belize papaya...

Spent the evening sanding woodwork and trying to decide to either restore or paint it. I think the paint option is winning, as it is fir and not a hardwood.

Date: April 16, 2007 12:52AM

hey ther....well that is awesome...hmm i was trying to tell the girls about tahini the other day and they were confused haha they are too americanized lol...jj...anyways hmm yeah i was wondering but a lot of people on here eat it that way they too are americanized haha so i was like BLUCK yucko aha...i am going to try your way though i don't want to be too addicted haha or else it will be bad newsh aha....what part of michigan???i am from indiana near south bend......and i am moving back in august...maybe we can meet half way fora weekend raw retreat with others wouldn't that be awesome?? there isn't much of a raw community (actually none at all) near me so i am planning on starting one up and plan on doing retreats somewhere maybe half way between us if you are close enough like less then 10 hours or soemthing so 5 or 4 hours per party...wouldn't that be awesome??? and you can teach the group how to make RAWESOME tahini!!!! smiling smiley......well thanks so much for the info!! youa re wonderful...so glad that i met you on this forum!! take care!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 16, 2007 12:56AM

OH SHUT UP! ARE U FROM MICHIANA???? I AM 20 MIN N OF SOUTH BEND IN ST JOSEPH (NEAR BENTON HARBOR)

WHERE R U NOW??!

Date: April 16, 2007 12:58AM

there IS a raw community here I found out.

Angela Stokes is doing some raw thing at Ronora Lodge in Watervliet, MI (near Paw Paw Lake) and there is a health food store in St Joe that has raw food classes once a month. The closer you get to Andrews University and Berrien Springs, the more vegan resources you are gonna find.

Date: April 16, 2007 01:04AM

omg i am sooo glad we met on here...i am in san diego now...i ventured out haha on my own but i am over it.....but that is sooo awesome!!! i am sooo excited....even though i am only 22 ia m very mature for my age haha...hopefully we can hang out and build the raw community when i get ther ein august...that is sooooo exciting!!!! wow that is crazy i was thinking like farther away but that is soooo awesome!!! i met someone here that was raw but she said i was too young and she couldn't relate to me which made me sad cuz she didn't know me or my age or what i was like only saw me at the raw food potluck and said sorry i really need someone my own age to relate with...wow what a bummer huH??? people sometimes....well gosh you have just renewed my hope of moving home...i have been so nervous about now having enough raw resources and health food places!! but that is great.....yay us midwestern raw fooders....did you sign up on meetup.com for a raw potluck to start??? i want to start one int he area when i get back for all of us to meet at!! i am the assistant organizer of the one here and think it would be a great hing in the community there!!! don't you ??? hmm ths is sooooo exciting....
so are you able to find raw chocolate powder, agave , all the weirder raw things haha??? if not maybe i will bring you a present in august haha...oh i amsooooo excited....
can't wait!!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 16, 2007 01:11AM

agave we can get here...raw chocolate they say they can order it, but I found a great source on ebay for a fraction of the price...I am not signed up for meetup, but that would be sooo fun. I think you should meet the ladies and the dude who does the cooking class at the market here...they are always running stuff out of that store and interested in everything.

Date: April 16, 2007 01:26AM

@9:25 small mache and mushroom salad with tahina dressing

Date: April 16, 2007 03:58AM

hmm cool cool cool......where are you finding raw chocolate and for what price??? that is exciting....hmm i want to look that up...i just started using it today actually haha....hmm well i made some yummy hummus with tahini haha and zucchini!! it is yummy ...can't believe how the tahini changes it so much....i used to make it without tahini cuz i didn't think it was that important haha....but today it was soo different actually like hummus lol...
have a great night!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 16, 2007 04:25AM

hehe your pic is so funny!!!

See? tahina IS addicting and delish...ya just gotta know how to deal with it. I prefer it alone and not in hummus...thought about dehydrating eggplant and making a raw baba ghanoush (which is basically my tahina dip recipe with copious amounts of eggplant, yuuuum)

go on ebay and search for raw cacao nibs phillipinnes...these people have two types, the other is from ecuador. I cannot remember the price offhand, but it was much cheaper than anywhere else.

Date: April 16, 2007 04:30AM

hey thanks for the tip that is awesome....omg i didn't know that pic was showing up everytime i posted haha..i posted it for the green mustache man contest on the main forum lv started haha and forgot to turn my signature off after words and it is on everyone's page that i typed on but i must say you win for having the most posts with it haha.....what a mess lol it will go away someday haha....
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

day 20 raw
Date: April 16, 2007 05:31PM

@noon
1 mango, 3 kiwis, 1 banana

Lost a pound since yesterday...likely the reduction in salt had to do with it. I am still going to plug away at the all-fruit 2 days.

The internet went out for a while, which was really annoying

Date: April 16, 2007 05:42PM

@1:40 banana 'milk'

wow, that was simple AND satisfying!

Date: April 16, 2007 05:48PM

hi there...yay you are doing great...hmm banana milk i always wanted to try that but every time ifind myself eating a banana i am in a hurry just throw it in a bowl and mash it up so it doesn't clog my digestive track (precaution haha) and run....hmm i need to take the time to do that just blend it up with water and make something yummy!!!!
well keep up the awesome work and congrats on the one pound loss! yay you!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxxoxo

Date: April 16, 2007 07:03PM

it is surprisingly good just blended with water, I was shocked.

It also makes the bowels move, hehehe.

Date: April 16, 2007 07:46PM

yay for BM's for mia!!! congrats girl that is awesome news i know i get frustrated when things seem to be trafficky in there haha

love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxxoxo

Date: April 16, 2007 08:37PM

hehehe, true

@4:30 juicy dates

Date: April 16, 2007 08:45PM

bought bananas @ 29 cents/lb...so at 4:45 had a strawberry banana date smoothie

Date: April 17, 2007 12:02AM

At around 7:45, my fat cravings got the better of me. Argh!

@7:30 whole avocado, 2 dates

@7:45 tahina with broccoli, baby carrots, cauliflower; water

I HAVE NO idea how these people do the 80/10/10 high fruit/low fat stuff. My premenstrual body is screeeeaming for fat.

Date: April 17, 2007 03:18AM

haha don't worry about it you are still in transition and it is harder...you haven't been there too long so your food cravings haven't gone away...after a few months you lose the emotional food cravings and learn to deal witht he true hunger cravings for foods......it is all part of detox...but give you want you want as long as it is raw!!!
keep it up
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxxoxo

Date: April 17, 2007 03:33AM

these cravings are totally phantom ones that live in my mouth and head ONLY. They make me salivate, like one of those cartoon characters on a deserted island.

Date: April 17, 2007 04:38AM

haha yeah i know the feeling haha..hang in there gal you can make it!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

DAY 21 RAW
Date: April 17, 2007 11:09AM

@7 am shake made w. bananas, strawberries, dates, sesame milk

Current Page: 3 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables