Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 5 of 8
Re: Intro and Record Keeping newbie 2 weeks into raw diary.
Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 21, 2007 06:17AM

nah, hubby says so too...then says 'whaddya expect, you are on your period"

BLAH

booohooo

Mia

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 21, 2007 05:20PM

hey gal!! well you are doing great don't worry!!! you will see results soon..but right now you know how amazing you already feel in many ways to be eating raw right???? you feel the glow and energy and healthful ness!! keep that up and the bloat with go away and you will feel so much better...don't sweati t right now..or do sweat it out haha in the gym or walking/running outdoors...
take care....
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxxoxo

Date: April 21, 2007 06:15PM

small bits of cheat on day 25

Had a banana before the funeral and a salad after. Ingested small shards of cheese, even though I tried to pick them out. We were starving to death, but it didn't even amount to much...however, scared to death of retoxing.

Mia

Date: April 21, 2007 06:57PM

@245 made chocolate banana pudding

Mia

Date: April 21, 2007 08:48PM

hey love...dont stress about that cheese so much...if it was tiny pieces and like 5 it won't do anything to your detoxing and body....i read in jameth and kim sheridan's book that if you eat a lot of raw with small amount of cooked it will overpower it and not affect your body...like they said a sandwich with whole wheat bread but avo, lots of sprouts and veggies won't affect you in a cooked way...they have a few other thigns too...so don't stress!! he is a smart man he is the guy who owns/runs healthforce nutriontals...whichis a well known raw vegan supplement and whole food products.....i just found that out when i was reading his uncookbook (that is what it is called!!!) so don't stress...you will be fine!!! so you can relax and love yourself and know you are doing really good!!
keep it up!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoox

Date: April 21, 2007 09:59PM

whew! thanks.

There was hardly anything there. We had people up from Ft Wayne and Napanee and Warsaw for the funeral...most of the stuff was typical 3 bean salads and ambrosias. I was happy to find a layered iceberg salad. You are from here, you know how it is LOL.

I spent 3 hrs weeding, mowing, raking the garden after the funeral. It was in the 70s and really nice out today. I didn't feel tired until I got into the house just now, did not take even one break...which is unusual.

I am hungry now and have no idea what to make.

Mia

Date: April 21, 2007 10:12PM

hey there ...it is soo comforting to me to get on here and see a familiar place someone is talking about...i miss home and it makes me feel closer!! and yes i know how it is there haha fried baked greased buttered cooked oil sugar fat loaded things haha....all of it lol...i know how it goes..that is my typical family reunion and get togethers haha ....but oh well i am going to implament more raw into their diets when i get back smiling smiley
keep up the good work...hmm have some nice oranges or fruti...that sounds yummy!!! or amybe a big salad.....
good luck hun
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 22, 2007 02:59AM

Had a fab broccoli salad and some tahina, not too much though. Water too...

Been staining woodwork. I am starting to see the benefits, energywise, that come with raw.

I did A TON for me.

-went to a funeral and resisted mundo cooked comfort foods
-came home and immediately spent 3 hours weeding on my knees, raking, mowing, watering
-ran to the natural foods store, then made dinner
-sanded some test boards
-went to lowes to buy stain; stained first layer of woodwork

In the last year, when I was still cooked, this would have done me in.

I have suffered from major fatigue and illnesses. I feel tired now,but it is a 'good', non-ill-type tiredness.

Mia

Date: April 22, 2007 03:26AM

hey there yay you!!!!! keep up the awesome work...you sure did do great today....hmm what was in your broccoli salad...sounds yum!!!!!
well at least you were able to control the tahini that is awesome!!! keep up the good work hun
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxxoxxo

Date: April 22, 2007 04:13AM

now that the monthly has come, protein/fat craving are MUCH LESS.

I slurped down some watermelon a bit ago.

Tonight I made some cashew sour cream and am letting it ferment...am soaking walnuts for taco meat. Hopefully the kids and hubby will like it. It had great reviews on goneraw.com.

At this point, I am just happy to find that I have the energy to do the work I did. I am awestruck by it, actually!

Mia

Posted by: noff ()
Date: April 22, 2007 04:38AM

raw poster child of tahini addiction? O my, I'm awaiting some tahini in the mail...hopefully I will be able to resist and not develop an addiction. haha hey you are doing great and I've enjoyed reading about your progress. woot for you! hehe grinning smiley

Date: April 22, 2007 07:28AM

hey mia...i wish i had the receipe tonight to post o here for the raw corn tortilla's they would make it a littler easier in case your family craves real taco's haha instead of the lettuce shells...they have gotten fantastic reviews!!!! good luck hun...and as soon as i get the receipe i will post it for you!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

day 26 raw
Date: April 22, 2007 02:34PM

OH I MADE THOSE THE OTHER DAY. They are really easy!

I ate leftover broccoli salad for breakie at 10:30

off to stain woodwork!

Mia

Date: April 22, 2007 11:31PM

oh goodie you already have it haha...yay.....hmm never made them but heard they were good......well have a good day and have fun staining woodwork!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 23, 2007 01:08AM

DAY 26 RAW

@10:30 leftover broccoli salad

@1:15 papaya, melon, grapes; water

@4 pm more of above

@7 papaya

@8:30 Raw 7 layer burritos with walnut taco meat, cashew sour cream, guac, pico de gallo; water; dried pineapple

Mia

Date: April 23, 2007 04:26AM

I usually have NO ENERGY at all when my period comes.

Except for a day of discomfort, I've done MORE recently than I've EVER DONE on my monthly--and off of it, for that matter. Working and getting things done seems so much easier. My energy levels are amazing.

I am just flabbergasted by it all. Normally, as the husband reminded me, I would have taken to bed for most of it.

I've worked my tail off the last two days and feel fantastic. Wow.

Mia

Date: April 23, 2007 04:31AM

hey Mia ...yay you and your abundance of energy that is great!!! you are doing sooo wonderful...i am very proud of you and your wonderful attitude and progress on your raw journey!!! i am glad youa re feeling so energetic and getting so many things accomplished...keep it up...hmm your burritos sound good is that out of juliano's book??? i have seen the receipe...well yummy...glad the famliy enjoyed them smiling smiley
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 23, 2007 01:35PM

hey earthangel!

Got the taco meat recipe from goneraw.com, as well as the sour cream recipe.

I cultured the sour cream with some acidophilus pills I had in the fridge.

Made guac and all the rest without a recipe...bought the romaine lettuce as the shell, coz was too time crunched to make tortillas...

They really only had 4 layers LOL...but when the hubby and oldest bit into them they exclaimed "OMG, this tastes like TACO BELL 7 LAYER BURRITOS!"

I added onion to the walnut taco meat recipe and spiced it myself...I thought the taco meat on it's own tasted like refried beans or that cheesy nacho dip people make.

Mia

DAY 27 RAW
Date: April 23, 2007 04:10PM

11 AM HAD A banana, thors raw protein powder, and carob shake

Mia

Date: April 23, 2007 04:58PM

@1:00 RAW banana leather; water

Mia

Date: April 23, 2007 05:22PM

hey there...oh how exciting they loved them...that is awesome!!!! good for you and your family...making raw fun and exciting....i am glad it worked out well!!! yaay!!!!
and you are doing very well again today!! keep up the good work
talk with you soon
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 23, 2007 08:53PM

it's been hard. my middle one is sooo resistant.

@4:45 had baby carrots

Mia

Date: April 23, 2007 09:19PM

@5:15 romaine, cauliflower, baby carrots, broccoli and TAHINA DIP lol

Mia

Date: April 24, 2007 02:49AM

@6:30 MY SHIPMENT OF GOJI MANNA came in. OMG. DELICIOUS CANDY.

@10:30 GRAPES, MORE GOJI MANNA

Mia

Date: April 24, 2007 04:36AM

hey hun....you are doing great...sorry i know it must be tough trying to get the family raw too!! but you are trying and doing so well..just trying is a big accomplishment with a whole family you knw?? progress not perfection so keep it up!!!!
oh and i just want to tell you that your little tahini dip receipe saved my life last night haha...i was starving late at night and wanted something rich for some reason and wanted cooked like nothing else...i stayed in my room to try and over come it and it didn't work...so i drank a glass of water and it didn't work...so i thought what is quick easy and rich??? and of course i thought cooked haha...but i grabbed a pickle munched on it while i mixed 1 tbsp of tahini with water and basil and dill and a dash of braggs mixed it up well...made sure it was kinda watery...and ate it with 1/2 of a extra large red bell peper and 2 big carrots...it was what worked and hit the spot..i am afraid i might of had a cooked meltdown last night seriously my mouth was watering for anything cooked that rich thick dense taste you know??? and it was bad..my body must be releasing a lot of toxins now...i have had a runny nose and some other things lately too!! but if not for you i wouldn't of known to make that tahini dip and satisfy my mind!! so thank you tahnk you thank you!! you RAWK!! and just know that tahini addiction has a special place in my heart now!!
thank you again
love always earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

hey btw you know about bass lake??? the lake most chicago people travel to??? well some guy from chicago was traveling with is secretary to bass lake last night and crashed into the lake and they both died...she was screaming for help and they finally found her but she was Doa to hospital and they still haven't found him....so that is a tragic thing...but i was wondering if you saw it or heard about it on the news...
take care

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 24, 2007 12:45PM

OMGOSH. I DIDNT HEAR ABOUT BASS LAKE. That is awful. I will go to WNDU.com and take a look.

Mia

DAY 28 WOOHOO
Date: April 24, 2007 12:50PM

Wow, am already nearing the 1 month mark!

@8 had grapes

@8:45 more grapes and GOJI MANNA

That goji manna is wicked, evil stuff. Gives great/immediate energy and gas (teehee). I won't be ordering it ever again, needless to say. It is waaay too much of a 'treat'.

Earthangel-I am better with the tahina and tend to look at it as a Savior from cooked. I find that after the first week of madness, I can now eat it every couple of days and be satisfied.

I agree, I think you must have been detoxing something. Wasn't it great to have that stuff around to keep you from cooked? GO YOU! smiling smiley

Mia

GOJI MANNA IS A LAXATIVE!!
Date: April 24, 2007 02:21PM

Ok, I've been RUNNING TO TOILET all morning...my nose is running. I think the goji manna is a laxative. IT WORKS VERY WELL, TOO WELL. I am detoxing from all ends at once, it seems.

rofl.

Mia

Date: April 24, 2007 04:57PM

@12:30 nori rolls stuffed w/romaine, avocado, green onion and wasabi/shoyu dip; handful of baby carrots; water

Mia

Date: April 24, 2007 06:11PM

Spent an hour outside, transplanting columbines to different beds and moving a few collard plants to more appropriate locations. I watered and weeded and listened to the dog howl unhappily because he had to be on a chain and not on his leash. When we were done, Stuart (my corgi) was happy to go back to the safety of the house.

He is so damned prissy.

The weather has been in the 70s and just marvelous.

Tonight I finish priming/sanding/staining the woodwork. I hope to have the painting in the dining room actually done before Friday.

Mia

Current Page: 5 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables